Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

secnarf

S01.E06: Always Do the Right Thing

Recommended Posts

Quote

With Jenny out of town for work, Nurse Joe faces the challenges of parenting Christopher alone. Music Joe brings unexpected attention to his son, Zeke. Cop Joe and Amy struggle with a major decision that could upend their world.

Original air date: October 25 2021

Share this post


Link to post

Rocker Joe finally tells Amy about his son but she doesn't tell him about sleeping with Bobby. And Bobby? Dead.

Nurse Joe. Went to work with for Bobby and Christopher inspires him to stay in office and tells the truth about his medical issues to the public. And Frank apparently has been missing for years and became homeless.

Cop Joe continues to be my favorite. Arrested Bobby and Frank went to drinking.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this was a strong episode, a lot happened in all 3 universes.

Rockstar Joe continues to be an idiot. If someone get curious about how he found Zeke's Tiktok, they may connect him to his donation and wonder what his interest with the kid is. But at least he finally told Amy. Of course her reaction is probably partially mad at herself for sleeping with Bobby when Joe wasn't actually cheating.  Maybe she'll think she doesn't have to confess now that the shooter finally caught of with Bobby. 

So Uncle Frank is alive in the Nurse universe, but I guess living on the street. I wonder what happened because that is really sad. I liked Christopher convincing Bobby to stay a Congressman, even if we know Bobby must really be sleazy in this universe too. 

Cop universe is the most interesting with Frank trying to bury the evidence and Joe going above his head to get Bobby arrested. That is going to have a big impact on Joe, since Uncle Frank seems to control everything he does in that life.

 

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post

I skipped episodes 3, 4, & 5, but caught this one, and I think I'm up to speed.
But having not grown so attached to Cop Joe as I probably would've if I'd seen the other episodes...

24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Cop Joe continues to be my favorite. Arrested Bobby and Frank went to drinking.

...Nurse Joe is the clear winner this episode
--including the entrance/return of skid row Uncle Frank

But Rocker Joe and his bio kid singing together was pretty great.

 

24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Rocker Joe finally tells Amy about his son but she doesn't tell him about sleeping with Bobby. And Bobby? Dead.

But just before Bobby gets shot he pretty much tells Joe that he and Amy were in love, and, are we sure Bobby is "dead"?

19 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

the shooter finally caught of with Bobby

Oh. Maybe I'm not up to speed. This isn't a random shooter? I was thinking Bobby hired his own hitman so he didn't have to suffer with Parkinson's
--my family members died of Parkinson's, and one begged to be killed but instead suffered for 5 more downhill years; it doesn't always look like Michael J. Fox--
or would my theory of the shooter being hired by Bobby to assassinate Bobby fit the previous plot steps that I missed? 

 

 

 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Oh. Maybe I'm not up to speed. This isn't a random shooter? I was thinking Bobby hired his own hitman so he didn't have to suffer with Parkinson's
--but my family members died of Parkinson's, and one begged to be killed but instead suffered for 5 more downhill years--it doesn't always look like Michael J. Fox.
Or would the shooter being hired by Bobby to assassinate Bobby fit the previous plot steps that I missed? (Sorry?)

In the cop universe, Joe stopped a guy from shooting Bobby in the pilot, and Joe killed the shooter. That's the guy who's sister Bobby had an affair with who killed herself after. And who got paid off with campaign funds, leading to Bobby's arrest.

In the nurse universe, the same guy successfully shot Bobby at the rally and I'm not sure if he's been caught. But Bobby is now in a wheelchair.

In the music universe, Bobby didn't have his rally because of Joe's concert.  So he never got shot. I am assuming this is the same guy taking his shot in this universe. I bet this is his first scheduled appearance since that other rally (he talked at Amy's press conference, but he wasn't supposed to. Joe was supposed to introduce her).

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

In the nurse universe, the same guy successfully shot Bobby at the rally and I'm not sure if he's been caught. But Bobby is now in a wheelchair.

 

Last episode, in Nurse Joe, at the hospital, Bobby saw a news report that they arrested the man that shot him and that he shot Bobby because he ruined the shooter's sister's life. Nothing seem to come out of the arrest. Or least, nothing that the cops or the press has followed up on.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am really digging this show, and this first new show to have me feeling some sort of attachment. The actors do a good job of having me feel different emotions for their various variations of their characters. Uncle Frank at the of Nurse Joe Universe was an example of that. 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

Nurse Joe: Why does the ungrammatical teacher keep sending the poor hamster(s) home with the students if she knows at least four have escaped and/or died? Why didn’t Joe leave the cage open on the floor with food in it to try to catch the hamster?  I mean, punching holes in the apartment walls? 🤦‍♀️ I knew it would show up at the end. BTW, I liked Jenny in this episode. 
John Gluck (Chris/Zeke) continues to amaze. That is one talented kid!

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post

Homeless Uncle Frank doesn’t look too bad after seeing Cop Uncle Frank on the take.

Edited by shapeshifter · Reason: Editing because of my terrible, unforgiveable, grammatical typo ("to" and "too" do not mean the same thing)--but, yes, I twitched at the teacher's "I" that should have been "me."
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Nurse Joe: Why does the ungrammatical teacher keep sending the poor hamster(s) home with the students if she knows at least four have escaped and/or died?

I thought that too!  If three other hamsters were lost before this, that means the kids shouldn't be handling small animals!  Class pets usually stayed at school anyway (unless someone was needed to feed and water them on weekends/school holidays), but I think even a janitor could have done that.

Glad that Rocker Joe finally cleared the air with Amy about Zeke.  Convenient that Bobby Diaz dies this time.  I knew this universe's version of Wayne Coleman would show up sooner or later. 

Finally we know Nurse Joe's Uncle Frank exists!  I thought he died, but apparently, just went to Skid Row.  Sounds like in at least 2 timelines, he hit the booze following his brother's death.  I was bummed to see he was being Diaz's bitch in the Cop Joe timeline and was willing to bury evidence.

They try to make Diaz almost a saint in the Nurse timeline.  He still slept with Carrie Coleman (and who knows how many other women) and still paid her off when she left.    The only difference is what the timelines made certain opportunities possible.  One clue is that in the Nurse timeline, when Carrie's death was announced, he said he didn't know she was dead.  If true, he may not have killed her or ordered a hit, but someone did.  My money's on the wife.

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

So, a rock star posts a video of a child he supposedly doesn't know without consent**, then his team, or whoever team goes all "we need to get this kid in the rally" because obviously, a kid who can sing, and who is such an inspiration!!!!!!! because he is disabled is just a prop, so let's use him for our benefit.

I only watched about half to the episode so I am not sure if that was clarified but the kid is in a foster situation, so obviously, Rocker Joe will want to adopt him.

I dislike literally everyone in this show. Hate watch to distract me while I exercise early in the morning.

**even public posts need consent to be republished, especially when the person publishing it can benefit from it - as profit or publicity. Besides, it is a kid. It is also a matter of ethics, if not the law.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Rockstar Joe:

Trying to figure out Zeke's family sitch.  His parent either adopt kids who would otherwise not be quickly or readily adoptable.  Zeke is disabled and the other kids are various shades of brown.  Or Zeke is their adopted kid and the parents also foster.  But what is really questionable is  --- not one of those kids asked 'Who is Joe Kimbrough?"  They are all under 10.  And every single one knew immediately who he was. Given the type of music he plays he hardly seems to the be music of choice for the under 10 set.  Much less one that everyone of them will follow on social media regardless of what Jenny's kids say.

And his --- PR person?  Assistant?  Manager?  's immediate "get me that Kid!!!'  Uh ...ew.   No.  I am guessing this is supposed to be a sort of Nandi Bushell/Dave Grohl sort of thing, but that grew into its own online phenomon for over two years before she performed with Dave and the Foo Fighters.  This just feels rushed and bad storytelling.

Also, way to go turning the tables and making Amy more of a jerk than even creepy stalker Joe. His apology and explanation hit the right note.

And I know that Eric is Joe's childhood BFF but he is also Amy's campaign manager.  And at no time did he say that Joe should have told Amy about the kid not only because it is the right thing to do for their marriage, but also it could blindside her campaign. 

Good deployment of the shooter in this one, getting his shooting chance and again and killing Bobby.  G'bye Bobby.  Won't miss ya.

Nurse Joe-

Finally something of interest happened in this timeline.  We get skid row Frank and some actual levity with Mr. Squiggles.  The most fun I've had with this timeline was the wall busting trio of Eric, Joe and his mom.  Joe and Jenny's domestic drama is still meh and Perfect child is Perfect syndrome is in affect with Christopher giving therapy level pep talks and inspiration to Congressman Bobby.  

Wondering if this Bobby escaped the sleazy gene? Something still went on with the guy's sister but was it an affair or something else?  He just doesn't come off an blatantly manipulative in this timeline as he does in the others.

Cop Joe-

Still the most interesting timeline.  I knew Uncle Frank was a dirty cop.  I had the vibes early on.  And Joe just blew up his cozy family dinners and knocked Uncle Frank off the wagon.  Yikes.

The Amy and Jenny team up in this one is pretty cool.  Although I can't help but wonder if Amy's motives are really about feeling righteous because Bobby misused campaign money or if she is pissed because she wasn't his only side-piece?

Did like the end piece showing Bobby's different fates in all three timelines. 

 

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

And I know that Eric is Joe's childhood BFF but he is also Amy's campaign manager.  And at no time did he say that Joe should have told Amy about the kid not only because it if the right thing to do for their marriage, but also it could blindside her campaign. 

As soon as Rocker Joe told Eric about Zeke's existence, he did tell him to tell Amy ASAP.  Frank did the same.

 

35 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

The Amy and Jenny team up in this one is pretty cool.  Although I can't help but wonder if Amy's motives are really about feeling righteous because Bobby misused campaign money or if she is pissed because she wasn't his only side-piece?

She was definitely annoyed at the latter.  Even the poem Diaz gave her was identical to the one he gave Carrie!  It's like all the girlfriends got the same gift.

35 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Wondering is this Bobby escaped the sleazy gene? Something still went on with the guy's sister but was it an affair or something else?  He just doesn't come off an blatantly manipulative in this timeline as he does in the others.

Everything that happened up to before he met Amy happened in all timelines.  He had Carrie working for him and had an affair with her and paid her 60K.  Granted, In Nurse Joe timeline, Amy is married to Eric so he couldn't have an affair with her (since she wasn't working with his campaign either).  He probably had several affairs.  The question is where all this is going.  

I think Nurse timeline Diaz has been humbled by his shooting and disability, something that didn't happen in the other timelines.

Quote

Perfect child is Perfect syndrome is in affect with Christopher giving therapy level pep talks and inspiration to Congressman Bobby.  

I half expected the classic, "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" was going to play during that speech!

Call me a cynic, but when I was 9-10, boys thought girls were icky and were not trying to impress them like a boy of 12-13.    Have things changed with boys these days?  They act like the kid is a tween.

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am totally on Rocker Joe's team after this episode. Amy was horrid for sleeping with some guy because she SUSPECTED her husband was doing the same. Like that always makes everything better in a marriage, right? She's been a horrible person and wife in every episode. Now that Bobby's dead or mostly dead (probably totally dead since his body was shown with eyes open, which shows don't do unless the person is completely dead) I'm betting Amy turns up pregnant but hasn't slept with Joe, just Bobby. JMHO for drah-mah.

Keeping the hamster overnight is all kinds of dumb. It's not like hamsters will die w/o company for a few hours. In fact, they typically sleep all day and run on their wheels at night, when people are trying to sleep. And punching holes in the wall ... WTHeck was that about. If the hamster found a hole in the wall (which was unlikely), it could come back out of that hole when it got hungry, thirsty or just bored.

Showing the hamster in the middle of the floor when Joe answered the door did make me laugh though.

Plus a gerbil doesn't look anything like a hamster. Are all of these people dumbasses?

Don't answer that.

It was weird for Nurse Joe to take his son to Bobby's house. What was that about. Again, the kid is a fount of wisdom. Even if he did toss a tantrum for the first time (it only took six episodes) about his clothes.

If Zeke is almost 10, how have his adoptive parents been driving him around all those years? And hokey smokes, $100,000 for a handicapped van. Jeepers. But that's just lunch money for Rocker Joe I guess.

And Jenny is all verklempt about Joe posting a Tik Tok with Zeke? She needs to STFU. Everything that happens with Joe and Zeke now is your fault, bitch.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

If Zeke is almost 10, how have his adoptive parents been driving him around all those years? And hokey smokes, $100,000 for a handicapped van. Jeepers. But that's just lunch money for Rocker Joe I guess.

In the episode when Jenny and Joe see him exit the school, we see him being placed into a black pickup and there's a place in the back which his chair is secured.  You can't have a chair bound person without some sort of set up.  The cost of the van is about on par - those things are expensive but very helpful.

 

8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Plus a gerbil doesn't look anything like a hamster. Are all of these people dumbasses?

Don't answer that.

Hah!!  I love this!    

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

The show is starting to get difficult to watch when my dislike for the lead character grows with each passing episode.  

I want to like Joe, I want to like the premise, but I think it'd have been more interesting if all three timelines didn't have multiple connecting factors. Ex: the kid doesn't need to exist in all three. It'd be more interesting if the timelines were actually vastly different. 

I'd rather be watching season 3 of Zoey's Playlist. Thanks, NBC. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Now that Bobby's dead or mostly dead (probably totally dead since his body was shown with eyes open, which shows don't do unless the person is completely dead)

Oh. I missed the open eyes. Yeah. That's DEAD dead.

 

35 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And punching holes in the wall ... WTHeck was that about.

Punching holes in walls always turns my stomach. It's ultimately bad for the environment.
And, in this case, it didn't even serve the purpose of preventing an angry person from punching a human.

 

39 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Showing the hamster in the middle of the floor when Joe answered the door did make me laugh though.

 Best part of the show I've seen.

 

 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I think it'd have been more interesting if all three timelines didn't have multiple connecting factors. Ex: the kid doesn't need to exist in all three. It'd be more interesting if the timelines were actually vastly different. 

I agree with this. It's depressing that Joe is stuck with the same two women and same college friend and same politician (and same kid) in every timeline. One Joe should have moved to Alaska to work the oil fields or become a SEAL or have gone to Nepal to guide Everest hikers or something. I don't know where the idea for Nurse Joe came from. Cop and Rocker I get. But it's pretty depressing none of these timelines is all that great for Joe.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't Joe a nurse? Why is he doing physical therapy?

Physical therapists are highly trained in physical therapy and aren't interchangeable with nurses.

  • Love 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't like Cop Amy at all. Such a weak woman. A strong, pro female could never do what she did to Bobby's wife. She probably only got the job because Carrie left & Bobby needed to find someone who was willing to cheat with him. It's fine with her if she's screwing around with him on his wife, but how dare he have a mistress before her. She is such a hypocrite. Now that she realizes she isn't special, she will find things to hurt him. If he hadn't have stood her up and had dinner with her, she never would have gone with Joe and she'd still be happily screwing Bobby. Leave her, Cop Joe, you deserve better. 

I'm glad Rocker Joe told Amy about his son. I understand it was poor timing after their loss but he should have discussed it with her before trying to see him and included her. Hoping she comes clean about Bobby and they can repair their marriage. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Nurse Joe: Why does the ungrammatical teacher keep sending the poor hamster(s) home with the students if she knows at least four have escaped and/or died? Why didn’t Joe leave the cage open on the floor with food in it to try to catch the hamster?  I mean, punching holes in the apartment walls? 🤦‍♀️ I knew it would show up at the end. BTW, I liked Jenny in this episode. 
John Gluck (Chris/Zeke) continues to amaze. That is one talented kid!

I didn't get why the hamster had to be sent home either. If it was a long weekend that would make more sense, but just overnight? Do they do that every night? That seems like a huge pain.

19 minutes ago, JKL845 said:

I don't like Cop Amy at all. Such a weak woman. A strong, pro female could never do what she did to Bobby's wife. She probably only got the job because Carrie left & Bobby needed to find someone who was willing to cheat with him. It's fine with her if she's screwing around with him on his wife, but how dare he have a mistress before her. She is such a hypocrite. Now that she realizes she isn't special, she will find things to hurt him. If he hadn't have stood her up and had dinner with her, she never would have gone with Joe and she'd still be happily screwing Bobby. Leave her, Cop Joe, you deserve better. 

I'm glad Rocker Joe told Amy about his son. I understand it was poor timing after their loss but he should have discussed it with her before trying to see him and included her. Hoping she comes clean about Bobby and they can repair their marriage. 

Was Carrie before Amy? I thought it was at the same time. Amy said she didn't know Carrie because Carrie worked in the DC office and she was in New York, not because their time working for Bobbly didn't overlap. I got the impression that Amy has been working for Bobby for a really long time in two of the universes.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I didn't get why the hamster had to be sent home either. If it was a long weekend that would make more sense, but just overnight? Do they do that every night? That seems like a huge pain.

Was Carrie before Amy? I thought it was at the same time. Amy said she didn't know Carrie because Carrie worked in the DC office and she was in New York, not because their time working for Bobbly didn't overlap. I got the impression that Amy has been working for Bobby for a really long time in two of the universes.

Honestly, I don't really know. Was there a date on the check he gave her? How long ago was her death? Did they say in the Cop Joe timeline? I think it was on the news in the Nurse Joe timeline. For some reason, I didn't think Bobby was seeing Amy and Carrie at the same time in Cop timeline, but have no reason why not. Can't remember, was it by suicide?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I didn't get why the hamster had to be sent home either. If it was a long weekend that would make more sense, but just overnight? Do they do that every night? That seems like a huge pain.

 

That was just a stupid plot device. My mother was the science teacher for her elementary school and so her classroom had a variety of animals like rabbits, iguanas and hamsters. She would bring them home during the summer but they stayed in the classroom even over the weekend. I don’t know what happened Christmas and Easter break but she definitely didn’t send them home. Maybe she went every few days to feed and water them. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

  • Love 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, JKL845 said:

Honestly, I don't really know. Was there a date on the check he gave her? How long ago was her death? Did they say in the Cop Joe timeline? I think it was on the news in the Nurse Joe timeline. For some reason, I didn't think Bobby was seeing Amy and Carrie at the same time in Cop timeline, but have no reason why not. Can't remember, was it by suicide?

I have it in my head it was suicide, but I'm not totally sure. I thought it was fairly recent, but maybe that's just my assumption, since Coleman shot him because he blamed him for his sister's death. If you are seeking revenge, wouldn't you act quickly?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I have it in my head it was suicide, but I'm not totally sure. I thought it was fairly recent, but maybe that's just my assumption, since Coleman shot him because he blamed him for his sister's death. If you are seeking revenge, wouldn't you act quickly?

In a previouz episode, Jenny said Coleman donated to Bobby's campaign a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Does anyone else think Rock star Amy will turn out to be pregnant with Dead Bobby's baby? Please, no, but that's where my mind went after the concert scene.

Yes, was just coming here to say the same thing. And after all of her heartbreaking miscarriages, the infidelity knock-up will be the one that conveniently sticks. 🙄

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

The hamster storyline reminded me of an old Everybody Loves Raymond episode where they were referred to as "disposable pets."  But yeah, sending him home every night with a different student seems like overkill and a recipe for disaster.   Do the parents get no say in whether they actually want to take the hamster home or not? (Of course, Jenny had probably agreed to it and Joe was likely completely oblivious as TV dads usually are.) 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, magicdog said:

Everything that happened up to before he met Amy happened in all timelines.  He had Carrie working for him and had an affair with her and paid her 60K.  Granted, In Nurse Joe timeline, Amy is married to Eric so he couldn't have an affair with her (since she wasn't working with his campaign either).  He probably had several affairs.  The question is where all this is going.  

Hmmm.... are we sure Amy is the catalyst for the differences in Bobby's own timeline trajectory though?  Frank has also been involved with Bobby.

We don't see a lot of Amy in the Nurse Joe timeline has it been established in that timeline she works with Bobby?  I honestly can't remember.

But we do know from Cop Joe timeline, Frank is  involved with Bobby and apparently has been since after 9/11 at some point because Bobby got him out of some jams.

However Nurse Joe timeline Frank is no longer a cop and is fully an alcoholic and apparently on the street.  So in that timeline could it be that Bobby didn't help it out of those jams and that is why we saw the Frank we did?

It could be that in Cop Joe timeline, Bobby himself made a 'fork in time' decision and because of his involvement with Frank, learned how to work in a corrupt system and embraced it and that led to campaign money shenanigans and the affair with the intern.

But in Nurse Joe timeline he didn't get in bed with Frank so his own trajectory changed and he is a bit more principled in this one?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

We don't see a lot of Amy in the Nurse Joe timeline has it been established in that timeline she works with Bobby?  I honestly can't remember.

In the Nurse timeline, I'm quite sure Amy had nothing to do with Bobby.  She and Eric live in NJ and own a restaurant there.  In the Cop timeline, Eric is married to Mallory and they own a restaurant as well, but in NY.  

 

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But we do know from Cop Joe timeline, Frank is  involved with Bobby and apparently has been since after 9/11 at some point because Bobby got him out of some jams.

However Nurse Joe timeline Frank is no longer a cop and is fully an alcoholic and apparently on the street.  So in that timeline could it be that Bobby didn't help it out of those jams and that is why we saw the Frank we did?

Cop timeline Frank mentioned some drugs and other things didn't go to the evidence locker and his badge was on the line.  It's possible Frank in at least 2 of the timelines (possibly all three) he was depressed about losing his brother on 9/11 and other stresses of the job and began to drink/use to kill the pain.  In the Nurse timeline it would seem either Bobby didn't choose to help him out of trouble or Frank chose to take his punishment and didn't accept help from him.  Then his life falls apart, he ends up on Skid Row, and doesn't turn up until now.

 

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But in Nurse Joe timeline he didn't get in bed with Frank so his own trajectory changed and he is a bit more principled in this one?

He still did dishonest things in all three timelines.  He still cheated on his wife with Carrie and still paid her off.  Likely he had other affairs.  Since Amy was not on his staff in the Nurse timeline, maybe he didn't take up with anyone else yet - or it was a different staffer we have yet to meet.  He seemed very much humbled by his assassination attempt and injuries, so he might seem a bit more principled, but I still think there's something around the corner.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, magicdog said:

Cop timeline Frank mentioned some drugs and other things didn't go to the evidence locker and his badge was on the line.  It's possible Frank in at least 2 of the timelines (possibly all three) he was depressed about losing his brother on 9/11 and other stresses of the job and began to drink/use to kill the pain.  In the Nurse timeline it would seem either Bobby didn't choose to help him out of trouble or Frank chose to take his punishment and didn't accept help from him.  Then his life falls apart, he ends up on Skid Row, and doesn't turn up until now.

If Frank was depressed after 9/11 it would have happened in all three timelines, since that was before we split off. And it sounded like Bobby helped him right after 9/11, so he helped him in all three timelines too.

Maybe in the music timeline, Joe's success inspired him to get clean and maybe even admit his past mistakes, leading to leaving his job as a cop and working for Joe.

In the cop timeline, Joe being a cop would have given Frank some reason to stay clean, but also to stay as a cop and hide what he did in the past.

In the nurse timeline, something must have made him dig deeper into drinking/drugs.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

 

In the nurse timeline, something must have made him dig deeper into drinking/drugs.

I don't think something even necessarily needs to happen to drive him deeper into drinking/drugs.  It is just that when he's teetering on the precipice he doesn't have his nephew to stay clean for.  In one maybe rocker joe is able to pay for rehab, in the other he stays on the straight and narrow to help Joe get up through the ranks.

I mean something could have happened as well but it could just be the lack of something positive for Frank to focus on.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking in the NurseJoe timeline, Joe and Jenny were busy dealing with Christopher and medical issues they didn't have time. energy or resources to notice and help his uncle. 

  • Love 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, JKL845 said:

I'm thinking in the NurseJoe timeline, Joe and Jenny were busy dealing with Christopher and medical issues they didn't have time. energy or resources to notice and help his uncle. 

Good possibility but he did have a wife and [grown] daughter so wouldn't they have helped him?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Good possibility but he did have a wife and [grown] daughter so wouldn't they have helped him?

We haven't heard anything about a wife and daughter for Frank in ANY of the timelines, have we?

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

We haven't heard anything about a wife and daughter for Frank in ANY of the timelines, have we?

Yes.  In the Cop timeline he mentioned he was married and had Joe's cousin by the time he was 28.  They were needling Joe about getting married and settling down.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, magicdog said:

Good possibility but he did have a wife and [grown] daughter so wouldn't they have helped him?

True, it's such a new show they can pretty much do whatever they want. I was under the impression that it was going to be about Joe making three different choices on grad night and how those choices affected him and the people he knew. So, it was Joe's choices that changed things. Personally, I would have liked three more separate timelines and not so much crossover. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, funnygirl said:

Yes, was just coming here to say the same thing. And after all of her heartbreaking miscarriages, the infidelity knock-up will be the one that conveniently sticks. 🙄

To be fair to the writers, my understanding is that most(?) miscarriages occur because of genetic anomalies severe enough to be fatal. So, although a child Amy conceives with Bobby might get Parkinson’s as an adult, genetic anomalies that manifest in childhood might not be an issue as they may have been with Joe.

However, a plot arc involving genetic disabilities in the realm of the viability of an unborn child seems a bit too fraught for network TV.🤷🏻‍♀️
 

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

We haven't heard anything about a wife and daughter for Frank in ANY of the timelines, have we?

Adding Frank’s family into the mix in a meaningful way would really complicate this 3-ring circus for the viewers.😵💫

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, funnygirl said:

Yes, was just coming here to say the same thing. And after all of her heartbreaking miscarriages, the infidelity knock-up will be the one that conveniently sticks. 🙄

I thought so, too.  and now knowing that Joe's son has a genetic condition, that may have been the reason the other pregnancies failed.  so, she's desperate for a child and may decide to keep it. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so first thing - has anyone actually seen a school do a class pet ever, or is it just something Hollywood likes to do to come up with random plotlines like this?

Second, the next few episodes are going to determine if this show will be good. Right now it is likeable, but how they handle the massive divergences will show if they can handle what they want to do with the concept. At first, it was simple - Joe has different occupations, different partners, in some he had his kid. Now it is tossing in a bunch of different elements.

I would not be surprised if at the start of next episode we learned that Rocker Amy was shot in the stomach and has to get a hysterectomy, so Rocker Joe has to adopt a kid - although maybe they could suck some eggs out of Amy and do a surrogate (if that is how it works? I know that for children with cancer, they have tested partial oophorectomies for fertility preservation).

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, magicdog said:

Yes.  In the Cop timeline he mentioned he was married and had Joe's cousin by the time he was 28.  They were needling Joe about getting married and settling down.

We've also met Frank's wife in the Cop timeline, she has been at dinner with his mom. 

32 minutes ago, bros402 said:

Okay, so first thing - has anyone actually seen a school do a class pet ever, or is it just something Hollywood likes to do to come up with random plotlines like this?

Yes, lots of times. In middle school my teacher kept a pet iguana in the classroom. We never took it home though.

In elementary school we kept chameleons as a class project and after it ended people could volunteer to adopt them and take them home (for good). You had to get your parent's permission though. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, bros402 said:

Okay, so first thing - has anyone actually seen a school do a class pet ever, or is it just something Hollywood likes to do to come up with random plotlines like this?

Yep, we had hamsters in 5th grade and we didn't take them home on a daily basis but did for long holidays like Christmas/Summer.   Well when I say we I don't mean me because my mom was a hard, hard, hard no on that because one time my sister brought home the school mice and it was a disaster with escaping mice and a dinner party and yeah... so I never brought home the class hamsters.

My 6th grade math teacher had a chinchilla that lived in the classroom and she taught us a lot about the care and feeding of chinchillas but when the chinchilla had to go home it was with the teacher.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/29/2021 at 12:25 AM, KaveDweller said:

Yes, lots of times. In middle school my teacher kept a pet iguana in the classroom. We never took it home though.

In elementary school we kept chameleons as a class project and after it ended people could volunteer to adopt them and take them home (for good). You had to get your parent's permission though. 

oh god that sounds like it probably ended badly for a few

9 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Yep, we had hamsters in 5th grade and we didn't take them home on a daily basis but did for long holidays like Christmas/Summer.   Well when I say we I don't mean me because my mom was a hard, hard, hard no on that because one time my sister brought home the school mice and it was a disaster with escaping mice and a dinner party and yeah... so I never brought home the class hamsters.

My 6th grade math teacher had a chinchilla that lived in the classroom and she taught us a lot about the care and feeding of chinchillas but when the chinchilla had to go home it was with the teacher.

oh god mice are horrible

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

If students and parents keep losing/killing hamsters, why does the teacher keep letting kids take them home? Why not just keep them in the classroom or have the teacher take them home at night if they need extra care? What a dumbass teacher, she cant even keep a tiny pet alive but people expect her to take care of their kids? 

I wonder if Nurse Joe Bobby has been humbled after being shot and actually is going to turn things around, unlike the other Bobby's, he doesn't have that manipulative sleaziness that the others have, at least that we have seen. He presumably was just as much of a slime ball but now that he almost died maybe he is going to try and be better?

I like a lot about this show, but I agree with others that its disappointing that Joe's life hasn't diverged all that much. He always had the same kid with the same woman, he always lives in the same city, he is always involved with one of the same two women, his life is pretty good more or less in all three, it would have been interesting if his life really did radically change, like he has different kids with different women, or he got into a serious accident in one timeline and has a disability, or a substance abuse issues, or something to really make his lives different. 

I've suspected Uncle Frank in the Cop Joe story of being sketchy for awhile, should be interesting now that Joe did the right thing and turned in Bobby, I wonder if Joe's super up in his business family will take Franks side?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/29/2021 at 2:20 PM, bybrandy said:

My 6th grade math teacher had a chinchilla that lived in the classroom and she taught us a lot about the care and feeding of chinchillas but when the chinchilla had to go home it was with the teacher.

Who next school year came to work wearing a coat with a "fur" collar?

On 11/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

What a dumbass teacher, she cant even keep a tiny pet alive but people expect her to take care of their kids? 

This is so funny. And so true!

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, saber5055 said:

I am totally on Rocker Joe's team after this episode. Amy was horrid for sleeping with some guy because she SUSPECTED her husband was doing the same. Like that always makes everything better in a marriage, right? She's been a horrible person and wife in every episode. Now that Bobby's dead or mostly dead (probably totally dead since his body was shown with eyes open, which shows don't do unless the person is completely dead) I'm betting Amy turns up pregnant but hasn't slept with Joe, just Bobby. JMHO for drah-mah.

Keeping the hamster overnight is all kinds of dumb. It's not like hamsters will die w/o company for a few hours. In fact, they typically sleep all day and run on their wheels at night, when people are trying to sleep. And punching holes in the wall ... WTHeck was that about. If the hamster found a hole in the wall (which was unlikely), it could come back out of that hole when it got hungry, thirsty or just bored.

Showing the hamster in the middle of the floor when Joe answered the door did make me laugh though.

Plus a gerbil doesn't look anything like a hamster. Are all of these people dumbasses?

Don't answer that.

It was weird for Nurse Joe to take his son to Bobby's house. What was that about. Again, the kid is a fount of wisdom. Even if he did toss a tantrum for the first time (it only took six episodes) about his clothes.

If Zeke is almost 10, how have his adoptive parents been driving him around all those years? And hokey smokes, $100,000 for a handicapped van. Jeepers. But that's just lunch money for Rocker Joe I guess.

And Jenny is all verklempt about Joe posting a Tik Tok with Zeke? She needs to STFU. Everything that happens with Joe and Zeke now is your fault, bitch.

I agree with these points:

  • Amy is going to be pregnant with Bobby's baby and still try to hide that hookup from Joe
  • Gerbil looks nothing like a hamster, and the very wise, precocious kid would have noticed the difference right away! 
  • Why keep sending the hamster(s) home with kids who obviously can't even keep him safe for 1 night?
  • We had gerbils AND hamsters at times when I was a kid and they all managed to get out of their cages at times, but we never had to punch holes in the walls to find them. One thing to do: look for the little hamster pellets that inevitably show up. 

Other thoughts:

  • Zeke's folks probably figured out some kind of transport, just not something so nice
  • Nurse Joe probably took the kid to Bobby's because he still can't handle child care time management while the mom is away
  • Now that the hamster reappeared, what is Joe going to do with it? Let it wander around the house? 
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size