Type keyword(s) to search

All the Buzz: Media for Yellowjackets

• Start Topic

Showtime to Premiere Survival Drama "Yellowjackets" on Sunday, November 14 at 10 PM ET/PT

Equal parts survival epic, psychological horror story and coming-of-age drama, YELLOWJACKETS is the saga of a team of wildly talented high school girls soccer players who become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the remote northern wilderness. The series chronicles their descent from a complicated but thriving team to savage clans, while also tracking the lives they've attempted to piece back together nearly 25 years later, proving that the past is never really past and what began out in the wilderness is far from over.

Trailer:

From this Deadline article:

“We have not heard the pitch for Season 2, the writers room has not even come together yet, they are going to come together in January,” Levine said. “I’m sure Ashley, Bart and Jonathan have some loose ideas but they hadn’t fleshed out their ideas and they certainly haven’t conveyed them to us.”

I shudder to think how long it will take to get us the new season. I'm already dreading the agonizing wait.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

From this Deadline article:

I shudder to think how long it will take to get us the new season. I'm already dreading the agonizing wait.

I will be there to watch it, AS LONG AS this first season is all wrapped up with no loose ends, and no cliffhangers.

• Love 1

This isn't exactly media but I've had the Shameless marathon on and between episodes they've shown the actors playing Shauna, Tai, and Misty, and Natalie as adults and teens. They're full of mutual praise, of course, but some process notes. One I loved was that the actor playing adult Tai said one day she got a text from teen Tai actor, as she was shooting, asking, "Do we say eee-ther or eye-ther?" I found that kind of adorable. The adults and teens may not match physically as closely as some might find acceptable, but I've thought they've nailed the gestures, speech, etc. I'm sure they're on the Showtime website it anyone wants to see them.  

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I've read this passage three times, but is she saying that

Spoiler

Jackie is alive in '21?

They were not clear with me initially about what Jackie’s arc. Even though they had given me quite a bit of information — because I had forced it out of them — I needed to know, when this person appears in front of me in my adult life, what am I remembering; what am I thinking about? And so, they ended up telling me that, so I had a concrete memory for when I saw her and it wasn’t just sadness. That was really helpful.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I've read this passage three times, but is she saying that

Hide contents

Jackie is alive in '21?

They were not clear with me initially about what Jackie’s arc. Even though they had given me quite a bit of information — because I had forced it out of them — I needed to know, when this person appears in front of me in my adult life, what am I remembering; what am I thinking about? And so, they ended up telling me that, so I had a concrete memory for when I saw her and it wasn’t just sadness. That was really helpful.

I think she means the three times she has "seen" Jackie in her adult life, where Jackie still appears to be a teenager. I could be wrong though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I agree she's just saying when she imagines Jackie what is she feeling and thinking, I think she would have said when I meet her if she meant a literal confrontation/interaction. 

• Love 1

I don't know where to put this, so it goes here. I kind of like the show but the opening credits are just a clusterfuck of sound and images, too overwhelming.  I am not epileptic but wathcing that, I am afraid I am going to have a seizure. I am pretty sure some epileptic people cannot watch it.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I don't care for the theme song at all either, and I don't really think it goes with the theme of the show.

I fast forward right through it 🤣. Like AMerican Horror Story, I think they meant it to be provocative and eery, but not necessarily to be reflective of what actually happens. 

• Love 3

I’ve been fast-forwarding through the theme song for this very reason too; I know it’s supposed to be of the era, like angsty 90’s chick-rock a’la Ani D’franco or L7 with alterna-MTV video imagery, but it’s just *not* my jam. 

And now I keep wondering if it’s actually Juliette Lewis singing the theme song? She’s a rock singer and the gal’s voice sounds a lot like hers…vaguely curious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’ve been fast-forwarding through the theme song for this very reason too; I know it’s supposed to be of the era, like angsty 90’s chick-rock a’la Ani D’franco or L7 with alterna-MTV video imagery, but it’s just *not* my jam. 

And now I keep wondering if it’s actually Juliette Lewis singing the theme song? She’s a rock singer and the gal’s voice sounds a lot like hers…vaguely curious.

Juliette is a badass rock star ❤️. Not sure if that’s her singing.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Juliette is a badass rock star ❤️. Not sure if that’s her singing

Agreed!!! I love how JL brings that same alterna/riot grrrlll energy to almost every single role she plays. if you ever saw her rockstar turn in the late 90’s movie “Strange Days”((she played an ex-lover of Ralph Fiennes’ character)), she was fantastic in it and even got to sing several sexy PJ Harvey songs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 1/2/2022 at 5:21 PM, Darian said:

One I loved was that the actor playing adult Tai said one day she got a text from teen Tai actor, as she was shooting, asking, "Do we say eee-ther or eye-ther?" I found that kind of adorable. The adults and teens may not match physically as closely as some might find acceptable, but I've thought they've nailed the gestures, speech, etc. I

With one notable exception that grates on me: Melanie Lynskey makes a lot of gestures with her hands and arms that Sophie Nelisse does not. I can't believe the directors didn't put a stop to that really early on and get one of them to align with the other.

All right, ya'll, it's time. https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurengarafano/yellowjackets-character-quiz

Really?? Is this cuz I picked Bye Bye Bye? Based on the descriptions of the others, I'm definitely a Lottie but with plain ole depression and less festive headgear. 

image.thumb.png.84a969f42b296a827a8beb051ce90eee.png

I got: Jackie
https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurengarafano/yellowjackets-character-quiz?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bfsharecopy&quiz_result=128532229_1#128532229

Edited by calliope1975
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, badhaggis said:

Uh oh I got Misty lol!

Hee - I got Misty as well. I do not think of myself as particularly nurturing, but damn, I do think of my cats as my children. Plus. Coach Ben is really hot - good choice for a crush. And she's quite intelligent, resourceful, and determined. So other than the whole obsessive and utterly psychotic aspect, I'm at peace with my result. (Was it because I went with MMMBop as my jam? It was a toss-up between that and Baby Got Back... may have to retry.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, calliope1975 said:

Rolling Stone has an article out with Melanie Lynskey. It's paywalled and I've used up my free articles, but this excerpt makes me want to punch a person. https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/yellowjackets-melanie-lynskey-interview-1284100/

image.thumb.png.b5d55abb095a27864c850d9398612168.png

People are disgusting. Good for Melanie. As I’ve said in other threads, I know a few men (one particularly rich and handsome) who lust after her. 

• Love 5
On 1/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, calliope1975 said:

Rolling Stone has an article out with Melanie Lynskey. It's paywalled and I've used up my free articles, but this excerpt makes me want to punch a person. https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/yellowjackets-melanie-lynskey-interview-1284100/

image.thumb.png.b5d55abb095a27864c850d9398612168.png

Melanie’s reaction is perfect.

"I'm just like, 'Wow, really? That's where people's heads are at, that the most important thing is being thin or young?'" wondered the 41-year-old New Zealand native.

I feel sorry for people who actually believe being thin and young are what makes people attractive. Must suck to be that shallow.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I'm just like, 'Wow, really? That's where people's heads are at, that the most important thing is being thin or young?'" wondered the 41-year-old New Zealand native.

That’s really sad and disappointing to read—no offense to the other actresses, but Melanie is the most realistic looking character of them all given her character’s typical middle-aged suburban mom trajectory!

Wouldn’t they *want* an actress to look the part versus looking like every other typical over-40 too skinny/too Botoxed actress out there? I found it beyond refreshing to see someone like Melanie cast in that role and I wish we could see more of this realism in future castings—it boggles my mind how Hollywood still apparently expects *every* adult female to be a size 4 and under.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

That’s really sad and disappointing to read—no offense to the other actresses, but Melanie is the most realistic looking character of them all given her character’s typical middle-aged suburban mom trajectory!

Wouldn’t they *want* an actress to look the part versus looking like every other typical over-40 too skinny/too Botoxed actress out there? I found it beyond refreshing to see someone like Melanie cast in that role and I wish we could see more of this realism in future castings—it boggles my mind how Hollywood still apparently expects *every* adult female to be a size 4 and under.

I will say it's a testament to the actress's skill and charisma that she has managed to stay somewhat afloat in Hollywood flouting the industry standard ideal. She was definitely my favorite character in Coyote Ugly, even if she didn't have a huge part.

• Love 4