Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/11/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

That plus since he’s been out of football for so long (through no fault of his own), it’s possible that objectively he might not be able to play. But if the team cut him regardless of the reason, can you imagine the blowback?

He's almost 34 (born November 1987). 

I enjoyed S.E. when talking about the housewives.  She’s clearly a fan but not so over the top as you know who.  So she can and will do the lighter topics and does them well with the same enthusiasm as the heavier ones…another difference from MM.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Come again? Joy doesn't talk over everyone, insisting it's their job to listen to her. Joy doesn't spread lies and misinformation. Joy doesn't insist that only her opinion is right, as if it's fact and everyone else is wrong. Joy isn't unprofessional; Joy isn't disrespectful.

Joy is NOTHING like Meghan.

Agreed. I am not going to lump all opinionated, outspoken women together. Joy is passionate and strong but respectful. Meghan is obnoxious, rude and disrespectful. She wishes she were the conservative version of Joy Behar. 

It was interesting to hear more about Colin Kaepernick from Sunny, who looked especially beautiful today btw, love her hair. If he is really this shy guy, I applaud him even more for his activism because it's got to be even harder for him. I'm not into sports, but I'd love to see him have a comeback. 

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

If he is really this shy guy, I applaud him even more for his activism because it's got to be even harder for him. I'm not into sports, but I'd love to see him have a comeback. 

He is not a guy who did what he did to draw attention to himself. He wanted to draw attention to what was happening to people of color at the hands of police.  It is a shame he had his career ruined because of it.

30 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I enjoyed S.E. when talking about the housewives.  She’s clearly a fan but not so over the top as you know who.  So she can and will do the lighter topics and does them well with the same enthusiasm as the heavier ones…another difference from MM.  

SE is a smart woman who isn't afraid to show a fun side to her.  I didn't watch when Nicolle Wallace was on but I have seen many posts here saying she didn't know anything entertainment related.   Women can be smart and also like mindless tv shows. SE seems like someone who is comfortable in her own skin and secure in who she is and what she believes.  Those are things that have often been missing from whomever sat in that seat.

• Love 15
Just now, ifionlyknew said:

He is not a guy who did what he did to draw attention to himself. He wanted to draw attention to what was happening to people of color at the hands of police.  It is a shame he had his career ruined because of it.

SE is a smart woman who isn't afraid to show a fun side to her.  I didn't watch when Nicolle Wallace was on but I have seen many posts here saying she didn't know anything entertainment related.   Women can be smart and also like mindless tv shows. SE seems like someone who is comfortable in her own skin and secure in who she is and what she believes.  Those are things that have often been missing from whomever sat in that seat.

Sunny said once Colin should be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize, and I agree with her. 

YES! I'm no pundit nor Einstein, but I like to think I'm reasonably smart and also find stuff Housewives entertaining. There is a place for escapist entertainment. Maybe Nicolle was into sports and the outdoors or other things to take a break from news and politics. Meghan seemed to be very extreme. It was either politics or Housewives. She didn't like to discuss sex, parenting, kids, general life topics. She was constantly "I don't care." The ideal host is someone who can at least chime in a bit on various topics. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

The ideal host is someone who can at least chime in a bit on various topics. 

This is why this season has been fun to watch.  All the hosts, and even the guest hosts to some extent, have been able to do this.  What a breath of fresh air!

• Love 18

SE is not as strident as she was at Faux News. After being on HLN, MSNBC, and CNN she has softened. She, Nicole and Ana are in no mans land since there is  no Republican party as they knew it. They are not the Party of Trump, but not Democrats. I won't hold it against her that she is a friend of MM.  She might be a good fit. But I need to see more people 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

My apologies to Whoopi Goldberg.  I've been carping about The View's awkward and clumsy transitions for at least the past five years and primarily blaming her for it.  Yet today, we have Sherri interrupting Sen. Warren mid-abortion-sentence to say "let's talk about something lighter."

Geez . . . Get it together, show.

Cat Facepalm GIF

I am guessing Sherri got a direction in her ear to quickly move on to the book, or they would run out of time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny thinks counseling should be available at all colleges. Does she think it isn't?  Colleges have student counseling centers.  Even elementary and high schools in most states have counselors - a social worker,  and the ability to refer kids to low cost community counseling centers.

I wondered about this, too. When I was in secondary school and college (in the last century), there were counselors available for anyone who wanted to see one. I don't think that the emphasis on this diminished in recent years, so this comment just seemed out of touch.

• Love 4

ABC/The View better not make S.E. Cupp a permanent cohost. I cannot stand her and am annoyed that she's cohosting this week.

I'm enjoying Sherri's time at the table right now. I've always liked Sherri.

Sarah is really stepping up her conservative commentary lately.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

My neighbor's husband is a hunter and has lots of guns. He also has guns for "protection. Because they have children she said he keeps them very secure. She explained to me that his guns are in a gun safe in one room, his ammo is in a safe in another room, and the keybox that holds all the keys is in their bedroom closet and he keeps the key to the box on his key ring.My question was if someone is breaking into your house in the middle of the night, how long would it take to get his gun and load it. She had no answer.

Not everyone who has a gun (or guns) has them primarily for home protection. They may be hunters or sports shooters. In those cases, having the weapons and ammunition stored some distance apart is sensible, to avoid home-based misuse and also to keep anyone who might break in from using them against you or stealing a good-to-go setup without much effort. For home protection, storage may be best based on the layout of your home. Having the gun in one safe and ammunition in a different one could work fine as long as you have a way to access both of them relatively quickly and easily (think handgun safe in bedroom, ammunition safe in closet, for example). It is worth planning this out before you make those purchases. (Edited to add: Which I hope Sherri did!)

Edited by KittyQ
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She’s done. She was only cohosting yesterday and today.

I don't know if this will be the last that we see of SE Cupp on the show. She was warmly received by View watchers according to articles and social media responses.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, leftlane said:

I don't know if this will be the last that we see of SE Cupp on the show. She was warmly received by View watchers according to articles and social media responses.

Well I remember reading here that years ago she auditioned but  the chemistry wasn’t there with Whoopi, and Whoopi nixed her joining the show. And Whoopi was out filming the last two days…

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

^ I didn't think about that. Good point!

I imagine the places in media that are pushing S.E. Cupp are the same ones who propped up McCain most of her tenure on this show despite everything she did. I noticed a lot of them pushed S.E. Cupp from the moment McCain got the ax; McCain would probably like to see her friend get the job.

• Love 3

I watched S.E. Cupp  and thought she brought fun to the table.  I then visualized the Way Back Machine when Elizabeth Hasselbeck auditioned.  She was the pick of the litter that year and all four co-hosts said she was the one they wanted to replace the irreplaceable Lisa Ling.

I don't know when Hasselbeck turned into Medusa, perhaps after her first child was born, but she was a nightmare and I gave up watching for years after the final blow-up with Rosie.

Long story short, I am not sold on these two days of S.E. Cupp knowing her past of "take no prisoners" approach.  From my post to the Universe "Ana Navarro for the conservative seat"!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leftlane said:

She was a million times better than Alyssa Farah.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 10/12/2021 at 1:50 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh man! When did Opie/Richie get so old? That interview was just delightful. I was hoping for some more unknown stories about working with Andy Griffith. And to those that watched that show and Happy Days, Rance Howard, made several guest appearances on both shows.

I laughed at the story he told about how his mom, "cigarette dangling" as she crazily decorated the house for Christmas before Rance and Clint arrived.

They, none of them, did their research. Clint also appeared on The Andy Griffith Show as a lovable cherub dressed as a cowboy who never spoke. Probably because he was like 3 or 4 years old.

Are you going to read the book? My curiosity is piqued!! 😊

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Maybe Nicolle was into sports and the outdoors or other things to take a break from news and politics. 

Nicolle, like Sunny, has hens!! One of them squawked loudly while she was talking to her panel while she was still broadcasting her MSNBC show from home. 😊🐓

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I didn't watch when Nicolle Wallace was on but I have seen many posts here saying she didn't know anything entertainment related.   

Ladies Who Punch describes Nicolle as game for anything. She was willing to watch clips of the Real Housewives, Kardashians, etc.

• Useful 4
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Elizabeth Warren seems to be giving a stump speech.  The election’s over, Senator.

And she seemed to be sitting on a stump that was a foot taller than everyone else's. Odd.

I've put the Howard Boys' book on hold at my library. I'm the same age as Ron & looked just like him (though with slightly longer hair) in his Opie days. Ron looks like their Dad and Clint like their Mom.

image.png.e9276b0fc81fc8572a3877ac55fdfe34.pngimage.png.2aeb65537576c95366975c8cf9268af5.png

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

Even though I quit watching the show in the past couple of years since I could not stand M.M., I seem to remember that she adored Erika Jayne, that Housewife woman who is married to the rich old embezzler dude, who they discussed today. They even had her on the show to sing at one time. Was it my imagination, or did the ladies seem to really enjoy dissing this Erica woman, which would infuriate MM? I hope she was watching the show today.

Edited by Kenz
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
Just now, Kenz said:

Even though I quit watching the show in the past couple of years since I could not stand M.M., I seem to remember that she adored Erica Jayne (sp?), that Housewife woman who is married to the rich old embezzler dude, who they discussed today. They even had her on the show to sing at one time. Was it my imagination, or did the ladies seem to really enjoy dissing this Erica woman, which would infuriate MM? I hope she was watching the show today.

hehehe, yes Meghan even made it clear she's team Erika recently. 

• Useful 3

I liked SE as well. More than ever before.

What sealed it for me was she openly said she voted for Biden although basically a republican. Much like Cindy McCain did on the show.

MM never had the guts to admit who she voted for either time. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, geekburger said:

SE is the best of the guest hosts so far and the only one I really wanna see back.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed her. I think she can politely and effectively put Sunny in her place. 

Sunny seems to have an "attitude" now that they are back in the studio and I'm already tired of it.  SE can hold her own next to her.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What sealed it for me was she openly said she voted for Biden although basically a republican.

I also liked that she said that.  She isn't worried about being cast out of the tribe because she isn't falling in line with the rest of them.   Unlike some people who would hem and haw about some pretty egregious things being said by that tribe.  My impression of SE Cupp is she is someone who believes in her beliefs and not just her party. She won't change who she is just because her party changes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

My impression of SE Cupp is she is someone who believes in her beliefs and not just her party. She won't change who she is just because her party changes.

That's an important distinction.  There are many party-first people who will, paraphrasing Lillian Hellman, cut their conscience to fit the party mold than rather find the party that fits their beliefs.

• Love 7

15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well I remember reading here that years ago she auditioned but for the chemistry wasn’t there with Whoopi, and Whoopi nixed her joining the show. And Whoopi was out filming the last two days…

Whoopi and Rosie actually agreed on S.E. back when she originally auditioned. Here's an old article from the Dlisted blog about what went on in 2014. Whoopi's absence this week when S.E. was scheduled this week made me think about all that went on before.

13 hours ago, Mldyold said:

I watched S.E. Cupp  and thought she brought fun to the table.  I then visualized the Way Back Machine when Elizabeth Hasselbeck auditioned.  She was the pick of the litter that year and all four co-hosts said she was the one they wanted to replace the irreplaceable Lisa Ling.

Long story short, I am not sold on these two days of S.E. Cupp knowing her past of "take no prisoners" approach.  From my post to the Universe "Ana Navarro for the conservative seat"!

I agree with you about two days of her not really being enough to decide one way or the other on what kind of a host she might make now. There were times when I kind of got the impression she was intentionally holding back.

I was a bit shocked when S.E. used the word triggered when discussing her recent mental health crisis. I've become so accustomed to it being used as a word by so many R's to insult people. Since she was limited in terms of time when sharing specifics I looked online to see if there was anything out there and found an article she wrote for the Chicago-Sun Times going more in depth about what occurred.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Whoopi and Rosie actually agreed on S.E. back when she originally auditioned. Here's an old article from the Dlisted blog about what went on in 2014. Whoopi's absence this week when S.E. was scheduled this week made me think about all that went on before.

I didn't know about Rosie.

I've never been a fan of Sippy Cupp in all her appearances she made on Bill Maher's show. The last time I saw her, she seemed a bit better, not so strident, but she lost me when she came up with other nonsense to explain away Climate change--because she didn't believe it exists.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

she lost me when she came up with other nonsense to explain away Climate change--because she didn't believe it exists.

Well that settles it for me.  I do like that she managed not to insult and antagonize (that will always win points with me) but if The View is going to go with a climate change denier aarrghhh.....

• Love 6
Just now, SusannahM said:

Well that settles it for me.  I do like that she managed not to insult and antagonize (that will always win points with me) but if The View is going to go with a climate change denier aarrghhh.....

They didn't discuss when they had the chance, so we never found out if she's come around and changed her stance on that. And I can't remember: did she offer her opinion about the Texas abortion ban when they were talking about it yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Has Sherri said if she’s vaxxed?  I can’t imagine she’d be allowed in studio if not, but saying Joe Rogan is smart makes me wonder. 

I thought she did say that on Monday? Or whenever they were talking about the vaccinations and how it was a public health issue?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I can't remember: did she offer her opinion about the Texas abortion ban when they were talking about it yesterday?

She thinks the law is barbaric. She said as a pro lifer (her words) she thinks that Roe v Wade is settled law.

• Useful 2

I get how the word “stupid” must be triggering for Sherri considering she’s probably been called that many times in her life, but, well, if the tiara fits, wear it. I agreed with Sunny entirely. I'm not sure if the doctor swayed anyone by going on a show like that one and speaking in a mild-mannered, appeasing way as the other person spews misinformation. Seems like all that does is offer legitimacy to it as if it's a valid, alternate viewpoint.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I get how the word “stupid” must be triggering for Sherri considering she’s probably been called that many times in her life, but, well, if the tiara fits, wear it. I agreed with Sunny entirely. I'm not sure if the doctor swayed anyone by going on a show like that one and speaking in a mild-mannered, appeasing way as the other person spews misinformation. Seems like all that does is offer legitimacy to it as if it's a valid, alternate viewpoint.

If Sherry would not say stupid things then people would not call her stupid.  She did not even know that the earth was round.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

If Sherry would not say stupid things then people would not call her stupid.  She did not even know that the earth was round.. 

Neither does Kyrie Irving, the darling of the anti vax crowd as the View discussed yesterday. 

3 hours ago, geekburger said:

Sara has gotten lost in the shuffle.

Seems like she spent most of the time defending herself and Sherri. I believe she also sided against Kaepernick back then, so Sunny's comments about RBG applied to her vicariously. Five years ago feels like forever ago though. So much has changed in the national discourse since then.

• Useful 3
25 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Seems like she spent most of the time defending herself and Sherri. I believe she also sided against Kaepernick back then, so Sunny's comments about RBG applied to her vicariously. Five years ago feels like forever ago though. So much has changed in the national discourse since then.

Why did Katie Couric have to even bring up what RBG said when she is not here to explain her statements.  Katie Couric is very messy and problematic these days, to say the least..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why did Katie Couric have to even bring up what RBG said when she is not here to explain her statements.  Katie Couric is very messy and problematic these days, to say the least..

I don't know if I have ever seen someone so thoroughly ruin their reputation like Couric has with this book. I am looking forward to seeing her grilled on her terrible takes on almost everything.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Katie's book apparently has plenty of observations that people don't agree with, and she seemed to take the chance to say some pretty harsh things. Probably not going to win her many friends, I guess.

However, whatever RBG said is what she said, and if you're going to let that diminish your overall opinion of her, it seems shallow. People aren't going to believe what you believer 100% of the time. Making "excuses" for why she said what she said (she was old, she had been sick, etc.) denies her "agency" for choosing how she feels, thinks, and expresses herself. I'm sure none of the hosts would like for some other person to go around "explaining" why what they said wasn't actually what they meant. It is disrespectful. 

• Love 7

I’m a big RBG fan, but if she said it, she said it and I don’t think it should have been edited out of the interview.  But it should have been brought up when she was alive.  Then she could have explained, walked it back, doubled down - whatever.   Maybe it was like Sara said; she agreed with the protesters but didn’t like HOW they were protesting.  But I’m not a fan of the press censoring interviews to “protect” someone’s reputation.  On either side of the aisle.

Happy tomorrow is Sherri’s last day.  She talks ALOT, doesn’t say much of interest and has eaten into Sara’s time dramatically.  I think it was yesterday that Joy had to tell Sara to “jump in”, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why did Katie Couric have to even bring up what RBG said when she is not here to explain her statements. 

It's my understanding Couric chose to edit out those comments right?  But now that RBG is gone Couric thinks it's fine to tell the world what she edited out.  Couric just wants attention.  She had to know  her book with all the mean girl tidbits in it would get her a lot of media coverage.  

23 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Katie Couric is very messy and problematic these days, to say the least..

I think she is self centered enough to think simply haters are going to hate.  I don't ever foresee her feeling any regret about anything she wrote.

• Love 10