Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/11/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 11 – Former co-host of “The View” Sherri Shepherd joins the table for the week to guest co-host; Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny (authors, “State of Terror”)

Tuesday, Oct. 12 – Guest co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and political commentator S.E. Cupp; Ron & Clint Howard (authors, “The Boys”)

Wednesday, Oct. 13 – Guest co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and S.E. Cupp; The Political View with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) (author, “Pinkie Promises”)

Thursday, Oct. 14 – Guest co-host Sherri Shepherd; Tamera Mowry (“Baker’s Dozen,” “The Santa Stakeout” and “Table Wars”)

Friday, Oct. 15 – Guest co-host Sherri Shepherd; Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac (“Scenes From a Marriage”); Patina Miller (“Power Book III: Raising Kanan”)

• Love 4

If they continue to bring in the guest co-host option I can live with whoever they have on.  Anything is bearable for a couple of days.  Even someone like S.E. Cupp!  And there is no way I am not going to watch Ron Howard so there's that!

• Love 6

Ugh. Hillary Clinton. Just when you think she's decided to lay low for awhile she's back like a bad rash that won't go away. 

I've been watching the show occasionally since the trash truck finally got around to The View at the end of last season to do away with that dumpster fire. It's definitely an easier show to sit through now.

• Love 1

Two guest co-hosts?  I wonder who (regular) is going to be out?    Other than SE (who I can tolerate for 2 days) it's a good line up for the whole week.  Some interesting people to talk to.  Although I'm already dreading Sherri focusing in on Isaac's brief nudity on Friday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SusannahM said:

If they continue to bring in the guest co-host option I can live with whoever they have on.  Anything is bearable for a couple of days.  Even someone like S.E. Cupp!  And there is no way I am not going to watch Ron Howard so there's that!

Maybe that would be an alternative they should consider.  Choose  a conservative pundit they bring on a couple of times a week and that's the day they do more political issues...plus keep Ana.  That would be more tolerable.  

• Love 1

Looking forward to seeing Hillary! I was hoping they were going to delay the guest co-host to Tuesday and Wednesday when they advertised HRC on Friday's show; hearing Sherri will be guesting is unfortunate, even worse that it’s for the whole week. I think she has her own show starting soon that maybe they’re helping her advertise, I guess? It would’ve been interesting if Condoleeza Rice’s day of guest co-hosting had coincided with Hillary’s visit though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looking forward to seeing Hillary!

Same.  She's a bit of a hero of mine.  First week in awhile where there is someone on most days that I want to see.  Yay to whoever is scheduling the guests - not so much to whoever is scheduling the guest co-hosts!

• Love 16

The show is so much more enjoyable without Meghan. I would sit there with the remote waiting for the camera to get to her, and then start fast forwarding.

I don't remember liking S.E. Cupp as a co-host, but she seems to be a non-Trump fan and still a conservative. I can deal with that.

It looks like a substantive week of guests. I've been trying to get into The Talk, and their fluffy subjects bore the hell out of me. Given the choice between an overly political The View, I'll take it any day over an overly banal The Talk.

• Love 13
On 10/9/2021 at 11:01 PM, Pearson80 said:

Why is Sherry guest co-hosting for the whole week, it would have made sense for her to come on a Friday.  Sherry has had too many cringe moments on the show to ever be memorable.. 

She still managed to last what, 7 years? Cringey as hell but I guess popular enough to get a full week.

• Love 5

I’ll be surprised if Sherri isn’t filling in for someone this week. Maybe Whoopi is having surgery?  

Well, I guessed wrong!

Sherri had her moments but she is a genuinely sweet person. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I really wish that when they are talking about something like Kim Kardasian, and, it’s a light discussion, Joy wouldn’t bring up Donald Trump.  She brings him up all the time when it’s not necessary.  Let us escape all that just for a few minutes, Joy!

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I really wish that when they are talking about something like Kim Kardasian, and, it’s a light discussion, Joy wouldn’t bring up Donald Trump.  She brings him up all the time when it’s not necessary.  Let us escape all that just for a few minutes, Joy!

Why even talk about Kim Kardashian as a hot topic in the first place?  It amazes me that her 15 minute of fame is still up and running..

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I had the TV on mute when they started talking about Kim on SNL so I could make a quick call. When I went back to paying attention there was Joy bringing him up. I get that he hosted SNL too but like you I'd love to go for longer periods without hearing about him.  I rolled my eyes when Whoopi's skewed views on people were made apparent again when she made Kris Jenner sound like she's a good person. 

The choices made for some of those clips used while showing Sherri's years as a host on the show were surprising to say the least. They made sure to include one from the Rosie/Lizabitch split screen event that changed the show for the worse afterwards due to how much it propped the person who wasn't Rosie for years afterwards.

• Love 6

Never read her books but Louise Henry is “local” enough to me (she lives 2 hours east of Montreal) and the Clintons visit her regularly to make it to the news. Love her friendship of with Mrs Clinton. (And no I do NOT own moose pyjamas.) 

Edited by mtlchick
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I agree.  He craves attention.  Joy shouldn't give him any mentions.

24 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why even talk about Kim Kardashian as a hot topic in the first place?  It amazes me that her 15 minute of fame is still up and running..

About 10 years ago I read some magazine editor defend their continuous coverage of the Kardashians by saying it was what people wanted to see.  I disagreed with him.  The reason Kardashians (and so many other no talent reality show stars) stay famous is because the media keeps covering them.   Very few people are saying I can't wait to see what Kim Kardashian does next.  Will people click on stories about her? Yes.  Would they care if less stories popped up? I doubt it.

• Love 19

I hated it when they were talking about  Kim Kardashian's brands being "quality".

You don't call something "quality",  it is either good quality or bad quality!! It is just measuring one thing against other similiar thing.

Of course Sunny, likes anything she gets for free!

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Well, I'll say it. I really enjoyed the segments with Clinton. She looks great. And she's also one who knows what she's talking about regarding the questions asked of her. I won't lie-I giggled when Joy went on about the hair, looked down at her card, when she said "what was my question again?" I'll venture to say that wasn't scripted, it looked so natural.

I can't tell if Whoopi is just tired of all "I love Whoopi...Whoopi is my hero..." that she gets from Sherri, because the look on her face was like, just stop already. That said, I liked seeing Sherri today. Though I have to disagree with her and say I knew who she was before she joined the show--she was Robert's partner on Everybody Loves Raymond. Color me shocked that each segment got at least 5-6 minutes between commercials.

And my finger hit the fast forward button the second Kim's name was mentioned.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

Sherri was never one of my favorite full time panelists, but when she guest hosts she always has a good time and adds to the discussion.

Curious to see whose out for the rest of the week if SE and Sherri are on. 

Sherri will be there all week.

Even if someone else is out, they don't need another host. Just go with four of them.

Edited by Rightside
3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Never read her books but Louise Henry is “local” enough to me (she lives 2 hours east of Montreal) and the Clintons visit her regularly to make it to the news. Love her friendship of with Mrs Clinton. (And no I do NOT own moose pyjamas.) 

I love Louise Pennys books and was happy to see she’s also very personable.  One never know with authors!  She’s also a bit younger than I had imagined (I get her books on kindle so haven’t seen a photo on a book jacket).  I do enjoy listening to Hilary Clinton as well…so knowledgeable and interesting to listen to on any topic.  I sometimes imagine life had she won!  Will definitely read their book..and hope for another Inspector Gamache one soon as well.  They seem to have a really great rapport and friendship.  Have to say the moose pjs looked super soft and comfy. 

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, I'll say it. I really enjoyed the segments with Clinton. She looks great. And she's also one who knows what she's talking about regarding the questions asked of her. I won't lie-I giggled when Joy went on about the hair, looked down at her card, when she said "what was my question again?" I'll venture to say that wasn't scripted, it looked so natural.

I can't tell if Whoopi is just tired of all "I love Whoopi...Whoopi is my hero..." that she gets from Sherri, because the look on her face was like, just stop already. That said, I liked seeing Sherri today. Though I have to disagree with her and say I knew who she was before she joined the show--she was Robert's partner on Everybody Loves Raymond. Color me shocked that each segment got at least 5-6 minutes between commercials.

And my finger hit the fast forward button the second Kim's name was mentioned.

I have the episode on DVR and can't wait to see it.  I like and admire Hillary Clinton.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sherri will be there all week.

Even if someone else is out, they don't need another host. Just go with four of them.

That's what they did at the outset - Joy, Meredith, Star and Debbie on the days Barbara was out.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

That's what they did at the outset - Joy, Meredith, Star and Debbie on the days Barbara was out.

My brain isn’t working. If Sherri is co-hosting all week, and Sippy Cupp is on tomorrow and Wednesday as guest co-host, that makes six. So either Whoopi, Joy, Sara, or Sunny will be out. Do I have that right?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My brain isn’t working. If Sherri is co-hosting all week, and Sippy Cupp is on tomorrow and Wednesday as guest co-host, that makes six. So either Whoopi, Joy, Sara, or Sunny will be out. Do I have that right?

I think they are thinking ahead with Whoopi in case she has to take a medical leave at a moment's notice. Maybe someone else will get time off when Ana comes in later on this week.

Edited by catlover79
14 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I think they are thinking ahead with Whoopi in case she has to take a medical leave at a moment's notice. Maybe someone else will get time off when Ana comes in later on this week.

I don't think Ana will be on this week. That is why Sherri is there all week.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

However, Barbara was not there most of the time.  I believe that she was there once a week. It wasn't until the show started having co-hosts coming and going with lightning speed that she became a regular presence.  She used to stay in the background and let the ladies do their thing, especially when it was Joy Meredith Star and Debbie..

10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  He craves attention.  Joy shouldn't give him any mentions.

I have a feeling preparing for the HRC interview is what had the subject on her mind, although I definitely understood Whoopi's reaction. Leaving aside him being a political figure though, he is relevant in comparison to the Kartrashians. They're both staples of reality show TV (ie, the dumbing down of America).

I've heard about Sherri's whole "paying it forward" thing in regards to how she helped Sunny's negotiations for her salary at The View. She didn't mention that Rosie O'Donnell having done it for her was part of the reason she did that for the "next generation" of View co-hosts. Not that she had to, this story's been said so many times. I just wonder if the only reason she didn't is because of Whoopi being there. I know Joy and Whoopi are good friends with Sherri in real life even though I've never had much fondness for Sherri on this show. *shrug*  Joy definitely looked teary-eyed when the camera panned to her face when Sherri first started talking at the beginning of the show.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, SusannahM said:

Same.  She's a bit of a hero of mine.

Likewise. I had watched the CBS Sunday Morning interview yesterday and, surprisingly, The View's interview with them both was much better. I think they'll be on Good Morning America tomorrow, too (or sometime this week at least?)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

About 10 years ago I read some magazine editor defend their continuous coverage of the Kardashians by saying it was what people wanted to see.  I disagreed with him.  The reason Kardashians (and so many other no talent reality show stars) stay famous is because the media keeps covering them.   Very few people are saying I can't wait to see what Kim Kardashian does next.  Will people click on stories about her? Yes.  Would they care if less stories popped up? I doubt it.

What's funny to me is that for years Whoopi would sort of mock reality show figures like the Kardashians. Until Whoopi briefly had a reality show of her own with her daughter. I don't think it lasted long, but ever since, it's like she won't allow the Kardashians to be criticized now. That's why Sunny had to softball her dislike....

The clips from Sherri's time took me out. I remembered that the table was much smaller then, but, wow, they were squeezed right up against each other.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Bahaha!  🤣 🍻

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I knew who she was before she joined the show--she was Robert's partner on Everybody Loves Raymond.

And unless I'm mistaken, before that she was on Suddenly Susan.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Joy always seems to add Trump to a discussion that has really nothing to do with him. It isn't necessary to talk about him every single show.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sherri is a hustler and I admire her for that and she’s always upbeat.  I don’t mind a week of her at all.

I don't mind Sherri on the View when she is being herself but when she slides into that character of oversexed woman panting for a man I'm out.  

Gotta be honest it was like bizarro world with them being complimentary when talking about Kim Kardashian.   I don't care if she was funny on SNL. I don't care if she a successful businesswoman. As far as I'm concerned KK and a bunch of other reality show stars have contributed to the dumbing down of America.    And Whoopi admiring Kris Jenner?  Blech.

• Love 18