Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Other Woman

• Start Topic

Sumit's mom makes a suggestion that Jenny didn't see coming; Alina rethinks everything; Corey comes clean to Evelin about his relationship with Jenny; Kenny and Armando receive exciting news; Ari and Avi leave for the U.S.

• Love 1

Corey sort of forgot to mention to Jenny that he had a wife? Was this his goodbye to her and that he has chosen Evelin? Jenny seems a bit more stable and that she can actually like Corey. I did like seeing an actual city in Ecuador with nice buildings, cars, public transit, etc.

The Jenny and Sumit and parents counselling thing was interesting. The counsellor does realize there is a huge age gap. It was also interesting that the parents mentioned that the family sticks together through generations and that there weren't any or many old age homes for older folks. Guess they don't want a woman older than them taking care of them and are looking for Sumit to have a nice young wife and kids to look after them as they age. I know that is expected in a lot of cultures and ethnicities, including mine. The son's wife is expected to take care of the sick or elderly parents. No job or anything of her own. And as if they are going to like moving in with Sumit and Jenny so that Jenny can learn to be an Indian wife, or er, um, slave to them.

• Love 17
On 10/8/2021 at 8:00 PM, Frozendiva said:

Corey sort of forgot to mention to Jenny that he had a wife? Was this his goodbye to her and that he has chosen Evelin? Jenny seems a bit more stable and that she can actually like Corey. I did like seeing an actual city in Ecuador with nice buildings, cars, public transit, etc.

The Jenny and Sumit and parents counselling thing was interesting. The counsellor does realize there is a huge age gap. It was also interesting that the parents mentioned that the family sticks together through generations and that there weren't any or many old age homes for older folks. Guess they don't want a woman older than them taking care of them and are looking for Sumit to have a nice young wife and kids to look after them as they age. I know that is expected in a lot of cultures and ethnicities, including mine. The son's wife is expected to take care of the sick or elderly parents. No job or anything of her own. And as if they are going to like moving in with Sumit and Jenny so that Jenny can learn to be an Indian wife, or er, um, slave to them.

I do understand the culture where the daughter in law is expected to take care of the aging parents etc but don’t get why they are moving in with to teach Jenny how to be a good daughter in law when she is still going to be the elder?  I just don’t see it being any solution to the situation.  They should be training Sumit to be the caretaker to all three.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, endure said:

I do understand the culture where the daughter in law is expected to take care of the aging parents etc but don’t get why they are moving in with to teach Jenny how to be a good daughter in law when she is still going to be the elder?  I just don’t see it being any solution to the situation.  They should be training Sumit to be the caretaker to all three.

They're doing it because the producers are insisting, I expect.  And, if this were a sitcom, I am sure hilarity would ensue as Jenny is forced to acquiesce to her boyfriend's parents every whim.  Maybe Sumit's folks think that spending some time with them will get Jenny to realize it is hopeless and go away.

I have a friend from India, in a typical arranged marriage.  Her husband has several siblings also living in the US.  When they retired, her in-laws came to the US (yes, she had to sponsor them, too) and decided to split their time amongst 3 sons and their wives.  She had them living in her home for 4 months a year; it seemed like they decided when they would come, she essentially had no input.  Her husband had quit his job in order to be home with their kids when there were childcare problems and she worked fulltime as a physician, taking call every 3rd night.  I recall one day in the office, after she had been at the hospital delivering babies the night before, she got a phone call from her husband around 4 PM asking what it was she was going to make for supper, his mother wanted to know.  She told him she was tired, she didn't have time to get groceries and suggested they order pizza.  No way!  His mother wanted a home cooked meal and it was her duty to provide it.  She stopped at the grocery on the way home and cooked dinner for all of them while they watched after getting virtually no sleep in 36 hours.  Because that is what a good Indian wife does.

Another time, I wore a dress to work and my friend commented that she liked the color and used to have a dress in a similar color but had to stop wearing it because her mother in law told her she looked like a slut since it showed too much leg.  She was 50 something and looked it, always wore support hose and orthopedic shoes and virtually everything she owned was polyester from JC Penney.  She was also only around 5 feet tall and never hemmed anything, so any dress she had would have hung half way to her ankles, but that didn't matter, her legs were showing.

Being an Indian daughter in law in a traditional family is no walk in the park,

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

True.  But think about it. Even in the good old US of A, what parent would want their thirty something son or daughter marry a sixty something partner who is older than the parents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Kid said:

True.  But think about it. Even in the good old US of A, what parent would want their thirty something son or daughter marry a sixty something partner who is older than the parents.

Oh, absolutely, I think many of not most parents would not be happy if their child took up with someone older than them.  Most would also not be excited that their son lied to him about the nature of the relationship while allowing the woman to live in their home and the couple was sneaking around having sex in their home.  I don't think most parents would threaten suicide, but I think most would express some disapproval.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

They're doing it because the producers are insisting, I expect.  And, if this were a sitcom, I am sure hilarity would ensue as Jenny is forced to acquiesce to her boyfriend's parents every whim.  Maybe Sumit's folks think that spending some time with them will get Jenny to realize it is hopeless and go away.

I have a friend from India, in a typical arranged marriage.  Her husband has several siblings also living in the US.  When they retired, her in-laws came to the US (yes, she had to sponsor them, too) and decided to split their time amongst 3 sons and their wives.  She had them living in her home for 4 months a year; it seemed like they decided when they would come, she essentially had no input.  Her husband had quit his job in order to be home with their kids when there were childcare problems and she worked fulltime as a physician, taking call every 3rd night.  I recall one day in the office, after she had been at the hospital delivering babies the night before, she got a phone call from her husband around 4 PM asking what it was she was going to make for supper, his mother wanted to know.  She told him she was tired, she didn't have time to get groceries and suggested they order pizza.  No way!  His mother wanted a home cooked meal and it was her duty to provide it.  She stopped at the grocery on the way home and cooked dinner for all of them while they watched after getting virtually no sleep in 36 hours.  Because that is what a good Indian wife does.

Another time, I wore a dress to work and my friend commented that she liked the color and used to have a dress in a similar color but had to stop wearing it because her mother in law told her she looked like a slut since it showed too much leg.  She was 50 something and looked it, always wore support hose and orthopedic shoes and virtually everything she owned was polyester from JC Penney.  She was also only around 5 feet tall and never hemmed anything, so any dress she had would have hung half way to her ankles, but that didn't matter, her legs were showing.

Yeah the whole thing seems producer driven, and obviously also a money maker for the parties involved, so much faux drama on this show, that's what I surmise.  I bet his parents adore Jenny and her ability to make them some money....they will bring the drama!

Edited by endure
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, endure said:

Yeah the whole thing seems producer driven, and obviously also a money maker for the parties involved, so much faux drama on this show, that's what I surmise.  I bet his parents adore Jenny and her ability to make them some money....they will bring the drama!

I don't think they necessarily adore Jenny, but they're fine with her hanging around to help support their idiot son who has seemingly never been much of a hard worker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I don't think they necessarily adore Jenny, but they're fine with her hanging around to help support their idiot son who has seemingly never been much of a hard worker.

Yeah well I imagine they're being paid too.  Jenny has been around them for a long time, I'm sure she has a place by now.

Edited by endure
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, endure said:

Probably the only way they’ll ever have of getting Sumit to pay them back the thousands he owes them for all his past screwups.

Also, I think Sumit’s parents are worried that Jenny will predecease them, thus leaving them in the lurch in their old age. 

• Love 10

Bini had zero problem  pressuring Ari to get the child baptized in his church.  Bini never defends her in front of the Coven Sisters.  He throws her under the bus by sharing their relationship details.  He’s super casual about her misgivings.  Now the shoe is on the other foot -she’s taking the baby away for surgery. Ari’s not the greatest, but I have no sympathy for him since he’s pretty insensitive overall. 

Edited by Eme
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

Jenny doesn't realise other cultures have more regard and respect for family than their own selfish needs, desires.  Many cultures are like this. Americans are more hung up on their individual rights on so many levels and to their own detriment...just my opinion.

• Love 9

For someone who has spent a decent amount of time in India over the years, Jenny doesn’t have a grasp of the social, cultural issues she stomping on in that relationship.  She’s very immature in that she cannot see how their relationship affects him, his friends and family. None of his friend’s wives wanted to meet up with them to meet her. His friends gave their cultural advice and he rejected it. It’s a hard road and he wants to buck tradition yet have no repercussions.  
They are both too old to be so self- centered and selfish.  Can’t help but think they totally deserve each other.  

The brothers wife is a pill.  Very judgey and critical.  She should concentrate on being the Good Daughter In Law and leave Jenny alone.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 11

Am I the only one enjoying Evilin’s Karma?  She’s been enjoying yanking him around about the stupid wedding.  She was so happy thinking he was impotent when he was with Jenny.  Ha!  Not so much it turns out.  Also, Jenny is so pretty and looked like she was into Corey.  Dude dodged a lifetime of bullets with Evilin.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

I'm so over  Evelyn.  She has zero interest in Corey.  She needs to move on.  We all do. 

She is trying to but it looks like from next week’s episode, Corey looks like he is refusing to move on

• Love 4

It has been said that when your significant other tells you, “We should see other people” it’s because they’ve already started.  I would bet good money that when Evelin said that to Corey, she was seeing someone.  It didn’t work out, so she “unwilling” allowed him to come back.  And being the lap dog that he is, he was over the moon.  Either that or the whole storyline is fake.

It would appear that Alina’s mom doesn’t care for Steven.  She made a point of telling her daughter that he is weird.  I don’t believe they are going to have a happy ending. 

I think Jenny and Sumit’s drama is manufactured. Since Sumit has a brother with a seemingly lovely wife, I don’t understand why his parents wouldn’t want to live with them in their older age. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

This was such a snoozefest of an episode.  The only possible passing of interest was the drama of Family Summit and the monkees. 

I was hoping one would throw poop at her.

TLC you missed an opportunity.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

Evilin’s tears are of rage that she lost complete control of her puppet for a few months....that he had a relationship behind her back. The thought that he humiliated her is just too much for her.  Forget all the humiliations she puts him through daily.  How she has her sisters gang up on him and disrespect him every day.  The email she sends him is just another chance to abuse him.  He’s got to race back to Jenny and see if things can work out with her.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

I don't think I can put up with much more of Mattress Evilyn's "betrayed wife" act. She certainly wasn't shy about making Cuckold Corey miserable about his "best friend's" relationship with her and I don't buy her hurt act for a minute.

I hope he does pack up and sell the business, leaving her only half. Maybe he can get back with Jenny and have someone who can actually think of him as something besides a submissive partner and ATM.

I see Sumit's parents' point of view a little better now. They want someone who can take care of them and Sumit when they get older. Looks like Sumit's setting himself up for no one to care for him in advanced age, including children.

Sumit's mom can hardly wait to move in and make Jenny her slave. I wonder if Jenny will actually hang around after mama gets done humiliating and demeaning her.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Also, I think Sumit’s parents are worried that Jenny will predecease them, thus leaving them in the lurch in their old age. 

What about their younger son’s wife - the one who just announced her pregnancy?

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, endure said:

I think they want to impress on her the Indian pecking order. Mama is big boss and DIL is basically a submissive slave to mama's directions regarding cooking, housekeeping and place in the family. I believe that's exactly what mama meant by "teaching her how to be an Indian wife."

I don't think it's meant to be a solution. I believe it's mama's way of getting rid of Jenny for once and for all.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think this was during the height of Covid, so no extra people in the airport, so no nanny.  

She had a guy pushing her luggage so I was imagining her tossing Avi on the cart as soon as they were out of sight of cameras.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Where is Steven meeting “hundreds” of women? Is there a tinder for 80 lb shrew-faced lizard tongue boys still developing their man voice? 
I had a couple of friends in high school that kinda looked like him and they weren’t getting any dates.

Lonely housewives of his extermination visits? Some dances or social functions?

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think this was during the height of Covid, so no extra people in the airport, so no nanny.  

I figured the porter would be carrying the baby, honestly we seldom see her tend to the baby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2021 at 8:00 PM, Frozendiva said:

..anything of her own. And as if they are going to like moving in with Sumit and Jenny so that Jenny can learn to be an Indian wife, or er, um, slave to them.

It's times like these when Jenny's lack of backbone annoys me. She needs to challenge Sumit's broke ass and go home (or move to another area of India.)

• Love 11

I despise when people use religion or "rules" to keep others in line while acting as though the scriptures don't apply to them. Blech! (I am speaking about you, Stephen).

Edited by Chalby
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I think they want to impress on her the Indian pecking order. Mama is big boss and DIL is basically a submissive slave to mama's directions regarding cooking, housekeeping and place in the family. I believe that's exactly what mama meant by "teaching her how to be an Indian wife."

I don't think it's meant to be a solution. I believe it's mama's way of getting rid of Jenny for once and for all.

It's too bad Jenny wouldn't lay around and be

2 hours ago, renatae said:

I don't think I can put up with much more of Mattress Evilyn's "betrayed wife" act. She certainly wasn't shy about making Cuckold Corey miserable about his "best friend's" relationship with her and I don't buy her hurt act for a minute.

I hope he does pack up and sell the business, leaving her only half. Maybe he can get back with Jenny and have someone who can actually think of him as something besides a submissive partner and ATM.

I see Sumit's parents' point of view a little better now. They want someone who can take care of them and Sumit when they get older. Looks like Sumit's setting himself up for no one to care for him in advanced age, including children.

Sumit's mom can hardly wait to move in and make Jenny her slave. I wonder if Jenny will actually hang around after mama gets done humiliating and demeaning her.

Thank you for writing this, I felt Evelyn was using and abusing Corey the entire time she took all of his money and you can be guaranteed the property he bought is all in her name. I don't buy for a second what she saying about her heartbreak. I wish Cory would have stayed with Peruvian Jenny.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kid said:

If she could support the both of them, financially, sure!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, endure said:

Jenny doesn't realise other cultures have more regard and respect for family than their own selfish needs, desires.  Many cultures are like this. Americans are more hung up on their individual rights on so many levels and to their own detriment...just my opinion.

I thinks she's aware of it, but it would make more sense to move in with the in-laws, as is the cultural norm.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Steven: “Wait. Did you drink the wine?”

Alina: “Did you sleep with those women?”

Best exchange of the night. 

I also liked her line about how his winning back her trust would take more than just giving her a "kitty purse."

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Ari caring for the baby for a 20+ hour flight is the most she will have cared for him in her life, wonder how that'll go.

How many freakin' scenes of Evilin confronting Corey about the cheating did we see? Three? FFS. I didn't even watch the end.

Corey + Ellie from Providencia is a MATCH. I've said it before and I'll say it again! They can go live in the PNW open a pizza place, recycle, hike and walk their rescue dogs in perfect whiny voiced pinch faced harmony. TLC this is your next crossover show $$$$$$ 

Also- with all those repetitive scenes of Corey and Evilin we didn't get sqaut, on an ep named "The Other Woman" mind you, about Ellie's Island Man's Other Woman. WTH!!!!! 

Sumit's questions are for their SON! "Sumit do you want children? Who will care for you when she predeceases you?" These are his responsibility to handle w/his parents and they need to let go from there. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It has been said that when your significant other tells you, “We should see other people” it’s because they’ve already started.  I would bet good money that when Evelin said that to Corey, she was seeing someone.  It didn’t work out, so she “unwilling” allowed him to come back.  And being the lap dog that he is, he was over the moon.  Either that or the whole storyline is fake.

It would appear that Alina’s mom doesn’t care for Steven.  She made a point of telling her daughter that he is weird.  I don’t believe they are going to have a happy ending. 

I think Jenny and Sumit’s drama is manufactured. Since Sumit has a brother with a seemingly lovely wife, I don’t understand why his parents wouldn’t want to live with them in their older age. 

Alina should take her mother's advice and dump Steven and move back home

8 hours ago, Eme said:

Evilin’s tears are of rage that she lost complete control of her puppet for a few months....that he had a relationship behind her back. The thought that he humiliated her is just too much for her.  Forget all the humiliations she puts him through daily.  How she has her sisters gang up on him and disrespect him every day.  The email she sends him is just another chance to abuse him.  He’s got to race back to Jenny and see if things can work out with her.   

But Jenny said she has a date so if the date and Jenny are going good, Jenny is not going back with Corey and honestly, Jenny deserves way better than cheating Corey

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, renatae said:

I sure hope not, Jenny deserves better than the cheating rat 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Steven: “Wait. Did you drink the wine?”

Alina: “Did you sleep with those women?”

Best exchange of the night. 

It was great, wasn’t it!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That slimy little weasel certainly has nerve hasn’t he??

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I also liked her line about how his winning back her trust would take more than just giving her a "kitty purse."

“It’s red because you’re hot.”  Barf.

“Corey, go back to Mill A!  Or even Mill B!”

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Also- with all those repetitive scenes of Corey and Evilin we didn't get sqaut, on an ep named "The Other Woman" mind you, about Ellie's Island Man's Other Woman. WTH!!!!! 

We got 129 other women for SteVen (100 makeouts, two dozen more than makeouts, and five screws).  Like he takes them back to his basement room with the giant stuffed animal.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I still maintain that SteVen's 100 women victims were done the Cosby way.

I am sorry if that offends anyone. I don't believe the dud has game. Otherwise he wouldn't be going after some girl in Russia.  He would be finding a nice Mormon gal State side or converting one of the 100.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15