Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E17: The Innermost Inside

druzy
  • Start Topic

Catelynn takes her microblading career to the next level and starts taking on clients; Gary finally invites Amber over to see Leah; Mackenzie contemplates if Broncs should repeat Pre-Kindergarten; Maci and Taylor divide their time between the kids’ sports.

Airs October 5, 2021

• Useful 2

I'm sure Broncs' teacher would be thrilled to have him for another year.  And I hope Broncs is being prepared for an entire lifetime of fifty percent or more of people writing his name Bronc's. It's astonishing how many people throw in an apostrophe when writing someone's name that ends in 's'.  The possessive apostrophe seems to be a mystery to many people. 

Gary 'finally' invites Amber over to see Leah. Where did that come from? The way this is written you'd think it was Gary keeping Amber away from Leah. Did last episode's 'never' suddenly turn into Leah agreeing to see her mom?  This seems like a radical shift.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They should have spelled it Bronx. 

I *know*!  And what's with naming the other boy "Gannon"--the boss of bosses in Legend of Zelda--the top *bad guy*! Gannon is a *monster*!!!  Are they really that stupid, or what?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is microblading really a career? Esthetician, hair stylist, sure, but just brows, in a small town in Michigan? Not a lot of frequent repeat business.

She just wanted to be filmed doing one client that drove all the way from Cleveland. She's probably done with that career.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Cheyenne's "look" with the baby hair.. I can't understand why she thinks that looks good.  I know that the greased down baby hair is a thing, but I find that when my baby hair is stuck to my face it is not because I want it to, it is because I haven't washed my hair in a day or 2, and my face feels greasy.  I guess I just can't wrap my head around actually sticking hair on my face.

Also, Kristina's hair... is that a curly hair scrunchie?  Or did she curl the top pony into little curls, and if so WHY?????

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is microblading really a career? Esthetician, hair stylist, sure, but just brows, in a small town in Michigan? Not a lot of frequent repeat business.

It seems her only marketing strategy so far is to her “fans” on Instagram. It seems like that is self limiting and not all fans will live within driving distance. 

• Love 10

God dammit, Amber.  You are not going to Purdue University.  Does somebody here have a Twitter or whatever account where they can ask her if she realizes this?  Because I'm beginning to wonder.

I kind of love that Catelynn is having scheduling issues because of touch-ups or whatever.  Wouldn't this be something that the person you're apprenticing under would explain?  And classic Teen Mom--she'd had one appointment and was already talking about whether she should get her own building.  Like Jade, who before even getting rolling in her little cubicle space was talking about owning a chain of salons.  

• Love 17

Thank heavens young Bentley has been given a reprieve from Maci exposing him !

Now we can hear how busy they are getting kids to games. Do they realize working parents do that all the time!

What a joy to not have to see Ryan, Jen and Larry.  Thank you Maci for that!

Amber sure does look weird in the way she makes different facial expressions. She’s a strange one.  Anybody think she’s using again?

Catelyn looked kind of nice and proud of herself with something to do. Too bad it won’t last!

I thought for sure Broncs was going to punch blonde in the nose!  She was one lucky duck!

I’m curious why Purdue University is letting Purdue Global use their good name?

Amber is surely ripping it up!

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, mrs ra said:

It seems her only marketing strategy so far is to her “fans” on Instagram. It seems like that is self limiting and not all fans will live within driving distance. 

Well, it was good enough to book five months worth of clients with just one post on Instagram so...

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Well, it was good enough to book five months worth of clients with just one post on Instagram so...

But how many appointments is that really. I doubt she is working 40 hours a week. My guess is a few appointments a week at most. Except when she’s flying to Florida.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m curious why Purdue University is letting Purdue Global use their good name?

Purdue University bought the online-only Kaplan University and rebranded it as Purdue University Global.  The Purdue Global chancellor used the word "synergy" in his explanation of the purchase; you can draw your own conclusions.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I'm sure Broncs' teacher would be thrilled to have him for another year.  And I hope Broncs is being prepared for an entire lifetime of fifty percent or more of people writing his name Bronc's. It's astonishing how many people throw in an apostrophe when writing someone's name that ends in 's'.  The possessive apostrophe seems to be a mystery to many people. 

Gary 'finally' invites Amber over to see Leah. Where did that come from? The way this is written you'd think it was Gary keeping Amber away from Leah. Did last episode's 'never' suddenly turn into Leah agreeing to see her mom?  This seems like a radical shift.

Agree...it was as if Amber's nasty rant on IG about Kristina never happened and Leah's steadfast feelings about not wanting to see her mother because of the IG rant were never expressed. WTF? And Gary...what the hell is going on here? He doesn't seem to have Kristina's back at all...no quid pro quo? I was appalled that he didn't tell Amber that she needed to apologize to Kristina and to Amber for her public rants that hurt both of them...so Amber is just absolved of all her transactions? Everyone seems to just allow Amber to treat them like crap...walking on eggshells all the time. Kristina deserves better than Gary...he's always making excuses for Amber's behavior...he's probably the worst enabler in this family, with her mother coming in a close second. Amber is possibly the most self absorbed, narcissitic TM on this franchise.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Purdue University bought the online-only Kaplan University and rebranded it as Purdue University Global.  The Purdue Global chancellor used the word "synergy" in his explanation of the purchase; you can draw your own conclusions.

Hummm. I guess.   Grandma always told me beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
Synergy. Hummm. 

2 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Agree...it was as if Amber's nasty rant on IG about Kristina never happened and Leah's steadfast feelings about not wanting to see her mother because of the IG rant were never expressed. WTF? And Gary...what the hell is going on here? He doesn't seem to have Kristina's back at all...no quid pro quo? I was appalled that he didn't tell Amber that she needed to apologize to Kristina and to Amber for her public rants that hurt both of them...so Amber is just absolved of all her transactions? Everyone seems to just allow Amber to treat them like crap...walking on eggshells all the time. Kristina deserves better than Gary...he's always making excuses for Amber's behavior...he's probably the worst enabler in this family, with her mother coming in a close second. Amber is possibly the most self absorbed, narcissitic TM on this franchise.

$$$$$$

• Love 3
15 hours ago, toodywoody said:

And Amber once again makes it all about her. She can never and will never put herself in someone else's shoes.  And can she just not open her eyes ever? 

Narcissism and a lack of ownership of her bad behaviors.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Narcissism and a lack of ownership of her bad behaviors.

Nobody holds Amber accountable for anything she does.   I agree about Gary not having Kristinas back with Amber. 

I always have to wonder if maybe Gary still loves Amber. Stranger things have happened. 
He’s always bent over backwards for her. 

The more out of control Amber is the more Gary seems to cater to her at the expense of Kristina!

• Love 6

Mackenzie is just weird...that baby voice and baby type inflection in her tone is so offputting. When she said to Broncs that Dr. Sheets "loves you" in that weird baby talk voice he said, "No she doesn't...she doesn't love me" I cracked up laughing...of course she doesn't  "love" him...how ridiculous. Even a four year old wasn't going to be fooled by her stupid statements. Personally, if this were my kid, I would rather my child be held back in Pre-K rather then be held back in Kindegarten. Mackenzie's an idiot.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

God dammit, Amber.  You are not going to Purdue University.  Does somebody here have a Twitter or whatever account where they can ask her if she realizes this?  Because I'm beginning to wonder.

Thank you! Gah, I can't stand her. She's so damn smug about "attending Purdue University". I would love for someone to explain to her, ON AIR, the difference between Purdue University and Purdue Global. Dumbass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Thank you! Gah, I can't stand her. She's so damn smug about "attending Purdue University". I would love for someone to explain to her, ON AIR, the difference between Purdue University and Purdue Global. Dumbass.

Worse are the MTV handlers heaping praise on Amber and treating her like she's some sort of prodigy...what a shit job that must be to have to hand hold all these TMs and praise them constantly for just doing basic stuff that normal people do every day.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Agree...it was as if Amber's nasty rant on IG about Kristina never happened and Leah's steadfast feelings about not wanting to see her mother because of the IG rant were never expressed. WTF? And Gary...what the hell is going on here? He doesn't seem to have Kristina's back at all...no quid pro quo? I was appalled that he didn't tell Amber that she needed to apologize to Kristina and to Amber for her public rants that hurt both of them...so Amber is just absolved of all her transgressions? Everyone seems to just allow Amber to treat them like crap...walking on eggshells all the time. Kristina deserves better than Gary...he's always making excuses for Amber's behavior...he's probably the worst enabler in this family, with her mother coming in a close second. Amber is possibly the most self absorbed, narcissitic TM on this franchise.

3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

But how many appointments is that really. I doubt she is working 40 hours a week. My guess is a few appointments a week at most. Except when she’s flying to Florida.

That sounds about right.  She's still got little kids at home and said she was looking for something she could make her own hours. I guess I don't see the problem.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That sounds about right.  She's still got little kids at home and said she was looking for something she could make her own hours. I guess I don't see the problem.  

Exactly like Chelsea did. Until she quit .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Mackenzie is just weird...that baby voice and baby type inflection in her tone is so offputting. When she said to Broncs that Dr. Sheets "loves you" in that weird baby talk voice he said, "No she doesn't...she doesn't love me" I cracked up laughing...of course she doesn't  "love" him...how ridiculous. Even a four year old wasn't going to be fooled by her stupid statements. Personally, if this were my kid, I would rather my child be held back in Pre-K rather then be held back in Kindegarten. Mackenzie's an idiot.

Amen. I mean I know sometimes it's nice to speak all praising and sweetly but they tiptoe around to him and everything is oh so wonderful and awesome and great job sweet child- it's a bit much. I thought also having the psych lady come over and indulge as well was very curious. 

Look at that- just a little attention and he is a changed child. Happy for them, but let's be real. Can you say edit ??

Although I won't minimize the value of having 2 parents getting along and stable home.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Something that you do a few times a week for an hour or two is not a career. That’s a hobby. Cate is not making a career of this, it’s a stupid storyline.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Something that you do a few times a week for an hour or two is not a career. That’s a hobby. Cate is not making a career of this, it’s a stupid storyline.

Oh absolutely!  Catelyn's "career" is MTV - as it has been for over a decade.   Just look at the response on her social media - plenty of people can and do make a living off their social media.      

But I'm never going to get down on someone for learning a new skill - even if it's just drawing eyebrows and even if it's a hobby. 

As far as story lines go, like many before me have noted this show should be over.  None of the stories are compelling and none of their lives are very interesting anymore.  Even Maci has cleaned up her Big Pile O'Crap - literally and metaphorically.   I was glad to see and hear very little Bentley problems this week.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

As far as story lines go, like many before me have noted this show should be over.  None of the stories are compelling and none of their lives are very interesting anymore.  Even Maci has cleaned up her Big Pile O'Crap - literally and metaphorically.   I was glad to see and hear very little Bentley problems this week.

Yeah, it's really gotten to the level of Beyond Ridiculous at this point. All of the actual OGs' kids are too old to be involved in this mess; Mackenzie's story is just depressing; and Cheyenne was never a teen mom and her kids aren't even in the same age range as the OGs. If they wanted to bring in a random "teen mom," why didn't they get someone around the same age as Amber/Cate/Maci who had a kid as a teen? They could have found someone who ended up getting some type of education and career (to contrast with the OGs). That would have been somewhat interesting and still in keeping with the original intent of the show. Even a more developed and successful (apart from MTV) teen mom in her late 20s could have interesting stories related to having a child who's much older than people would think based on her career/lifestyle; having a partner who isn't her kid's biodad; dealing with her kid's biodad; etc. Not that I'm advocating for more adolescents to have their privacy sold on MTV, but someone like that could have worked. Or some very trainwrecky woman who had her first child as a teen and had something else interesting going on. I just don't see what Cheyenne or Mackenzie add to the show. Cheyenne is just boring and annoying and Mackenzie is boring and annoying and sad.

Maci's segments have literally come to featuring her struggles with going to all of her kids' sports activities. No, seriously. How could anyone imagine that anyone gives a fuck about that? Cate and Ty are featuring Cate's fake career fucking up people's eyebrows and Ty going on about how he wants a son and he's tripping on ketamine for therapy. Amber's story at least provides some level of entertainment marveling at how fucked up she is and cheering Leah on in calling her out (and they didn't even include that this week).

• Love 7

So Cheyenne isn't allowed to have Zach at her doctor appointments due to COVID protocols at the hospital so she finds some random "place" in some "random" area of LA that allows as many as ten people in to see the ultrasound and the only person wearing a mask is the technician? What is this place? Some "pop up" ultrasound storefront pay in cash in and out barely legal joint? Seemed really sketchy to me...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

So Cheyenne isn't allowed to have Zach at her doctor appointments due to COVID protocols at the hospital so she finds some random "place" in some "random" area of LA that allows as many as ten people in to see the ultrasound and the only person wearing a mask is the technician? What is this place? Some "pop up" ultrasound storefront pay in cash in and out barely legal joint? Seemed really sketchy to me...

Actually....California is sketchy!  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can't remember Amber's exact words, but she said that "they need to stop talking shit about each other." Um Amber, you're the only one talking shit about them, mainly Kristina. That's why Leah is mad at you.

I can't with Mackenzie and Broncs. That kid needs discipline.

Good on Cate for at least doing something other than laying around but I highly doubt she would go back to it after giving birth.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I can't with Mackenzie and Broncs. That kid needs discipline.

Mackenzie *so* is not going to allow Bronx to repeat pre-K or whatever "grade" he is in, and that psychologist *so* believes he should--he's the youngest kid in his class, and the smallest, and that size difference is only going to become more pronounced throughout elementary school.  A kid who is already aggressive who is smaller than everyone else (and less developmentally advanced in things like fine motor control, which goes along with age and muscle growth) is going to have a really tough time keeping up socially--forget about academically--which is totally going to bring out more aggression.  He will be frustrated and will act out, making it hard for the other kids to like him, and he will not make friends, which is something I think he urgently needs.  This kid, besides proper discipline--which Mackenzie is finally understanding includes structure and predictability in his daily life, needs acceptance and affection, and his behavior is guaranteeing he will not receive either one.  Look at the difference in his behavior when he is one-on-one with the psychologist:  this kid desperately wants approval, positive feedback of any kind, which should start with his parents, and they--especially Josh--are not going to give it to him.  Keeping him back a year would allow him to relax a little about the "academic" part of pre-K (or whatever) so he could at least not have that pressure on him.  My heart breaks for this kid.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I skip Cheyenne's segments, but saw the beginning of this part.  As far as I can tell, she went to one of these 3D ultrasound places, which perform elective ultrasounds, as opposed to the diagnostic 2D ultrasounds that are done at a doctor's office.  In fact, I saw one just the other day in downtown Sycamore, Illinois, a small farm town.  So they must be everywhere.

Because it's 3D, you get what looks like a photo of the baby, and the one in Sycamore advertises it as a bonding experience, hence the crowd allowed. 

Here's a photo I found from a yelp review, which isn't quite as lovely as the ones on the facility's own website--this thing looks like a stalagmite.  And on the website, the owner calls her facility "the studio." 

o.jpg

3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Mackenzie *so* is not going to allow Bronx to repeat pre-K or whatever "grade" he is in, and that psychologist *so* believes he should--he's the youngest kid in his class, and the smallest, and that size difference is only going to become more pronounced throughout elementary school. 

And even if she "held him back," it's not like he's going to be 15 going into kindergarten.  And he was born in August, so if he were in a school that started in September, if they had a strict cutoff for age, he wouldn't be able to go anyway, and wouldn't be being "held back."

Even if he waits, he'll still be about the same age as other kids in his class.  It doesn't look like Broncs is going to develop into a kid the size of Lumpy Rutherford, so even if he's the among the oldest in his class, I don't think it will be a problem, and it sounds like it would do him a lot of good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I skip Cheyenne's segments, but saw the beginning of this part.  As far as I can tell, she went to one of these 3D ultrasound places, which perform elective ultrasounds, as opposed to the diagnostic 2D ultrasounds that are done at a doctor's office.  In fact, I saw one just the other day in downtown Sycamore, Illinois, a small farm town.  So they must be everywhere.

Because it's 3D, you get what looks like a photo of the baby, and the one in Sycamore advertises it as a bonding experience, hence the crowd allowed. 

Here's a photo I found from a yelp review, which isn't quite as lovely as the ones on the facility's own website--this thing looks like a stalagmite.  And on the website, the owner calls her facility "the studio." 

o.jpg

And even if she "held him back," it's not like he's going to be 15 going into kindergarten.  And he was born in August, so if he were in a school that started in September, if they had a strict cutoff for age, he wouldn't be able to go anyway, and wouldn't be being "held back."

Even if he waits, he'll still be about the same age as other kids in his class.  It doesn't look like Broncs is going to develop into a kid the size of Lumpy Rutherford, so even if he's the among the oldest in his class, I don't think it will be a problem, and it sounds like it would do him a lot of good.

Ha! Lumpy Rutherford! You must be a Boomer like me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Being old and frugal, I'm guessing--in fact, hoping--that health insurance does not pay for these non-medically-justified ultrasounds?  Anybody know how much they cost?  It looks like it would be fun to do and have, but you run the risk of having a perfectly normal baby's being non-photogenic, even in utero, and its hideousness in the photo causing undue distress for the parents-to-be and their families.  An expensive risk to take.  Cheyenne is so beautiful I guess they figured the baby would have to be gorgeous, plus if it turned out to be ugh-o they could just not include this jaunt.  Then again, there's so little to care about imo re:  Cheyenne (will you be able to make it to my birthday party???!) that they had to take the risk.

• LOL 2
27 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I had 3D ultrasounds with both of my children in my doctor's office. I wasn't charged extra for any of them. They just switched the image type.

They may pay in your doctor’s office, but they wouldn’t pay for one received at one of those vanity places.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mothra said:

Being old and frugal, I'm guessing--in fact, hoping--that health insurance does not pay for these non-medically-justified ultrasounds?  Anybody know how much they cost?  It looks like it would be fun to do and have, but you run the risk of having a perfectly normal baby's being non-photogenic, even in utero, and its hideousness in the photo causing undue distress for the parents-to-be and their families.  An expensive risk to take.  Cheyenne is so beautiful I guess they figured the baby would have to be gorgeous, plus if it turned out to be ugh-o they could just not include this jaunt.  Then again, there's so little to care about imo re:  Cheyenne (will you be able to make it to my birthday party???!) that they had to take the risk.

I wouoldn't call Cheyenne "beautiful"...she's cute, not beautiful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

They may pay in your doctor’s office, but they wouldn’t pay for one received at one of those vanity places.

Exactly, and that’s because in those vanity places it isn’t diagnostic.

• Love 3