Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Some good eye candy, intriguing case, and hopefully we see Loki the dog again. Vanessa is borderline. All I can think is she was the interviewer on Wipeout for a season so this is hard to swallow. She's good at the action stuff but her line delivery needs work. I like the tech guy, has he been on something else?

5 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Some good eye candy, intriguing case, and hopefully we see Loki the dog again. Vanessa is borderline. All I can think is she was the interviewer on Wipeout for a season so this is hard to swallow. She's good at the action stuff but her line delivery needs work. I like the tech guy, has he been on something else?

I don’t buy Vanessa as a lead for this show. I think they need a stronger female actress. I can’t really take her seriously. I’m not saying her but someone of the Felicity Huffman ilk. Just someone older-ish. Vanessa is 40. She ain’t old. Heck! I’m 15 years older then her but I guess I would want someone a little older in the role. I was a fan of Hawaii 5-0 so this show isn’t that much different. Even the command center with the big tv is the same. I might give it one more try but I’m kind of over the NCIS dramas on CBS. They sure have had a lot of them. LOL!!!!!

• Love 3

I sort of bailed too.   I was watching the last half but decided to do some work when I found it more interesting.   

They were obviously trying to be "current" but instead came off a cliche.  There's a vegetarian agent.  And a lesbian agent (who had a love-hate affair with another agent).  A do-gooder agent that picks up trash in parks.  A young rebel agent who mouths off to cops.  A quirky tech guy who's learning Mandarin (because bowling with nuns was already taken but quirkily rambles on like quirky Sebastian.   And of course the first female lead has to have young kids so we can see how tough it is to be tough and be a mom.

Was I supposed to be impressed that they landed a helicopter on a soccer field to pickup Agent Doesn't Have the Gravitas to Lead a Team of Federal Investigators?  Because I kinda snickered at how silly that scene was.  

Even Enver's character wasn't that interesting...but I'd rather watch him roam around the Hawaiian scenery for an hour in that uniform looking FaF than suffer through whatever that was.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I was a fan of Hawaii 5-0 so this show isn’t that much different.

I didn't find this show to be any different, really. Same all-over-the-place plot, same cast of quirky characters, same lack of inter-agency cooperation, same visual style. It is Hawaii 5-0 with a different cast.

Having said that, I didn't hate it so I'll see what next week brings.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, preeya said:

They should have taken the NOLA crew and moved them to Hawaii. These people are not believable. 

And yes, it was boring.

I'd just rather have the NOLA crew back in NOLA and let Hawaii sail off into the sunset...

• Love 9

Just like not all male actors are believable in being tough, there are female actors that just can't carry the torch.  The lead in this one just isn't believable.  That's what Kate, Ziva and Knight have, that's toughness.  

• Love 2

I'm going to have to give this one a few episodes to get on track.  Because other than the stunning scenery, that was pretty boring.  And it started with a huge flaming plane crash!  And had dramatic cliff leaping!

It did check some boxes, like @Maverick said upthread.  While I'm excited to see a female team leader in an NCIS spinoff, I'm not sure Vanessa Lachey exactly checks that box for me.  This version is missing the lynch pin in the successful CBS procedural formula: the experienced, charismatic and badass leader.  CSI had Grissom, NCIS had Gibbs, Magnum PI had, well, Magnum, NCIS: Los Angeles had both Hetty and Callen, Hawaii: 50 had McGarrett, NCIS: New Orleans had Pride.  NCIS: Hawaii has.......a soccer mom?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

B.O.R.I.N.G. 😴

Vanessa Lachey - wrong lead, weak.

LGBTQIA kiss - not needed.

Ernie the quirky tech guy - lame.

Kai Holman - too much personal drama.

Medical examiner - where is Dr. Noelani Cunha?

Beautiful Hawaiian setting - ruined by the yellow/orange tint of the camera filter. No vibrant colours of the scenery that we always see in Magnum PI and H5O. 👎

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I like to have one Hawaiian show on my weekly rooster so I'm giving this it a try at least until Magnum's back. 

Pilot's are always rocky but I liked it well enough. Looks like it's not going to present Hawaiian culture and racial tensions in quite the cozy light H50 did. As for the female lead: I got an overdose of mansplaining over the past couple of days so I'm rooting for her. Even though they pushed the whole 'she's stubborn' angle a bit too hard, again par for the course in a pilot. And at least they cast an actress whose age somehow matches with her job. And gave her a reasonable work outfit. 

It wouldn't be an NCIS show without a quirky IT guy but it gets harder and harder to find an original angle on that trope. I've been watching some Warehouse 13  recently and dude gives off Artie vibes. Could be interesting. Lots of drama in Kai's past - also not surprising. Lucy will bring the romantic drama since I don't think Tenant knows of her on-and-off relationship with DIA lady. Who's a bit of an idiot to hold supposedly classified documents so that others can see them - upside down or not. In her job that's a skill she should know about. Not enough info on Mills to really get to know the character beyond him being a trusted second-in-command.

I expect there will be some adjustments over the season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Maverick said:

Was I supposed to be impressed that they landed a helicopter on a soccer field to pickup Agent Doesn't Have the Gravitas to Lead a Team of Federal Investigators?  Because I kinda snickered at how silly that scene was.  

I think we were supposed to be impressed. A big National Guard Blackhawk to fly one agent to a scene that already has Navy investigators as well as agents in FBI and NTSB jackets all over the place. When they pulled a similar stunt on Jack Ryan they also had to squeeze the Coast Guard in because Clancy included them in the book series that inspired that miniseries.

Other things taking me out of the story was flight test and development of top secret stuff in Hawaii? The story probably started as a spec script for the mothership or Los Angeles spinoff. Then once espionage was established FBI guy from the crime scene did not bring in more help resulting  in a suicidal jump into the surf after the spy runner took his suicide jump. 

But its worth another chance, maybe a second season to fine tune the pilot episode's world. If this season is already in the can as TV has moved to that model and away from just in time production schedules 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Other things taking me out of the story was flight test and development of top secret stuff in Hawaii?

FWIW, Hawaii 5-0 had the military doing all kinds of weird stuff in and around Honolulu. I remember a killer drone and an unstoppable tank along with many plots involving the CIA doing things they weren't supposed to be doing. So while it would be weird for real Hawaii, it's entirely normal in this absurdly violent version of Hawaii, hotbed of all manner of spies and criminals.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dwmarch said:

So while it would be weird for real Hawaii, it's entirely normal in this absurdly violent version of Hawaii, hotbed of all manner of spies and criminals.

Don't forget serial killers, oh so many serial killers LOL! Sometimes I wondered why Hawaiian Airlines was sponsoring H50 LOL! Secret flight tests sound positively tame in comparison.

Edited by MissLucas
  • LOL 1
On 9/20/2021 at 8:20 PM, ByaNose said:

I don’t buy Vanessa as a lead for this show. I think they need a stronger female actress. I can’t really take her seriously. I’m not saying her but someone of the Felicity Huffman ilk. Just someone older-ish. Vanessa is 40. She ain’t old. Heck! I’m 15 years older then her but I guess I would want someone a little older in the role. I was a fan of Hawaii 5-0 so this show isn’t that much different. Even the command center with the big tv is the same. I might give it one more try but I’m kind of over the NCIS dramas on CBS. They sure have had a lot of them. LOL!!!!!

Look at it this way she would be about the same age as McGarrett when his Governor created 5-0 or Sam Hanna when retired from the SEALs to join NCIS. I just feel old that her generation of entertainers are now hitting their 40s

My God, that was boring.  I have to agree Vanessa Lachey is all wrong for this role.  Too young and can't act.  If they were intent on going with an actress to add diversity to the role, couldn't they find someone else?  Anyone?  Also, I believe this is the first NCIS that hasn't had a premiere crossover with the mothership.  Gibbs and crew appeared in both the L.A. and NOLA shows and characters crossed between the shows over the first season.  I guess they aren't doing it because of Covid or they simply don't care anymore.   I'll give it one more shot, but I don't think I'll be watching it going forward.

• Love 3

I'm probably going to be stuck watching this show as my SO likes these kinds of show.   I had really enjoyed the NOLA version until that went off the rails.  For some reason, most of this cast isn't grabbing me.  The female lead lacks gravitas and she doesn't seem to be much of an actress.  She's good-looking but doesn't have that badass edge like most of the NCIS team women have had.   This one seems like she'd be better behind a desk as a "boss", not a kick-ass team member.  

At this point, the lesbian angle is getting old.  And of course, all the ladies involved are really very attractive so this starts to feel like something to be both P.C. AND to appeal to the middle aged/older men who watch this show : wow! chick on chick action!  No dyke-y looking truck driver types with short hair and flannel shirts here - come get your jollies guys!  Ugh, just ugh. 

For my eye candy, I liked the curly haired guy - I'm old enough (and then some) to be his mother, but a girl can dream...  I also liked the computer guy.  Older than usual, but he seems to fit.  Has that actor been in anything else?  He looks familiar.  

I never watched the new version of H5O (the original was on when I was a kid and my parents used to watch it), so I can't compare this to that, but I have watched Magnum and so far, think that show is better than this one.   A charming lead and a woman who can carry off elegance and being kick-ass (even though she is so thin as to make me think "x-ray").    This show needs some charm and kick-assery pretty soon or it won't have the run of the other NCIS shows.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

I'm probably going to be stuck watching this show as my SO likes these kinds of show.   I had really enjoyed the NOLA version until that went off the rails.  For some reason, most of this cast isn't grabbing me.  The female lead lacks gravitas and she doesn't seem to be much of an actress.  She's good-looking but doesn't have that badass edge like most of the NCIS team women have had.   This one seems like she'd be better behind a desk as a "boss", not a kick-ass team member.  

At this point, the lesbian angle is getting old.  And of course, all the ladies involved are really very attractive so this starts to feel like something to be both P.C. AND to appeal to the middle aged/older men who watch this show : wow! chick on chick action!  No dyke-y looking truck driver types with short hair and flannel shirts here - come get your jollies guys!  Ugh, just ugh. 

For my eye candy, I liked the curly haired guy - I'm old enough (and then some) to be his mother, but a girl can dream...  I also liked the computer guy.  Older than usual, but he seems to fit.  Has that actor been in anything else?  He looks familiar.  

I never watched the new version of H5O (the original was on when I was a kid and my parents used to watch it), so I can't compare this to that, but I have watched Magnum and so far, think that show is better than this one.   A charming lead and a woman who can carry off elegance and being kick-ass (even though she is so thin as to make me think "x-ray").    This show needs some charm and kick-assery pretty soon or it won't have the run of the other NCIS shows.  

It’s funny. I didn’t like when they switched the format and by making Magnum & Higgins a duo. In the first season it was just Magnum with Higgins at home base. Somehow the show runners thought the show or the lead needed a co-partner. I don’t think I’ve watched since it’s first season. The newer H50 I did watch until maybe the last season except for the last few episodes. I also watched the original H50 (Am I that old?) which was a great show until the last 2 seasons. Even then I tired of shows and found something new.

I enjoyed it.  I gave up on the last few seasons of Hawaii Five-0 after they effectively fired Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim, and I've never watched Magnum, so it was nice to see Hawaii again.  I thought the team and the plot seemed pretty standard for shows like this.  I was a huge JAG fan back in the day.  Somehow I have never watched any of the NCIS shows before.  The original, I'm pretty sure I never watched because I can't stand Michael Weatherly.  I see that Katrina Law is now a regular on the NCIS Original Recipe series... she could have been a great choice to lead this show.  But I am fine with Vanessa Lachey. 

I like that there seems to be a lot of Hawaiian culture inserted into this show, particularly with the local new guy and his dad.  Lots of Hawaiian terms that I don't think I heard in all the years of watching HF0 like "wahine" and other words.  I also like the food references.  Made me want to go back to visit Hawaii and eat some kalua pork and lau lau!

I spent the whole episode thinking that the requisite #2 muscle white guy looks kind of like the #2 muscle white guy that was on the short-lived "The Brave"... and then I looked up Wikipedia and found out that it actually is him.  Noah Mills.  Haha.  Is the Navy commander Melius, the one played by the guy who had the cane on "Agent Carter", a regular character?  It looks like Tennant is a single mom and I hope they don't try to put these two together.  Or worse, I hope we don't find out that they are exes or used to be married (from their interaction, it didn't seem like it but who knows).

I rolled my eyes at the middle eastern agent (Lucy?) being the secret girlfriend of the blonde Department of Defence lady (who I recognise as the lead from the short-lived series "No Tomorrow" and from her bit role on "Blindspot").  Seems completely unnecessary for this show.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, MissLucas said:

I like to have one Hawaiian show on my weekly rooster so I'm giving this it a try at least until Magnum's back. 

Pilot's are always rocky but I liked it well enough. Looks like it's not going to present Hawaiian culture and racial tensions in quite the cozy light H50 did. As for the female lead: I got an overdose of mansplaining over the past couple of days so I'm rooting for her. Even though they pushed the whole 'she's stubborn' angle a bit too hard, again par for the course in a pilot. And at least they cast an actress whose age somehow matches with her job. And gave her a reasonable work outfit. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, Raja said:

Look at it this way she would be about the same age as McGarrett when his Governor created 5-0 or Sam Hanna when retired from the SEALs to join NCIS. I just feel old that her generation of entertainers are now hitting their 40s

I am rooting for Vanessa Lachey too.  I think it's great to see an Asian woman as the lead on this kind of show.  Especially one set in Hawaii.  She and her husband seem like truly nice people and I hope this show succeeds.  I don't see any issues with her age.  She's 40.  I see some are saying she is too young to lead the team, but I think Alex O'Loughlin was about 33 or 34 when Hawaii Five-0 started, and he was already a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy and put in charge of his team.

• Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, Gramto6 said:

I bailed 1/2 way through....

I’m 10 minutes in and I kind of want to bail, but we were just in Hawaii and my husband texted me (he’s at work lol) to watch this because they filmed this in parts we were just literally at, as well as scenes of our hotel- Hilton Hawaiian Village- the hotel with the rainbow colors on the front of the building that wa shown prominently during one scene. 

On 9/22/2021 at 12:36 AM, Raja said:

I think we were supposed to be impressed. A big National Guard Blackhawk to fly one agent to a scene that already has Navy investigators as well as agents in FBI and NTSB jackets all over the place. When they pulled a similar stunt on Jack Ryan they also had to squeeze the Coast Guard in because Clancy included them in the book series that inspired that miniseries.

As a Coast Guard vet, I welcome any CG representation lol

On 9/22/2021 at 1:55 AM, dwmarch said:

FWIW, Hawaii 5-0 had the military doing all kinds of weird stuff in and around Honolulu. I remember a killer drone and an unstoppable tank along with many plots involving the CIA doing things they weren't supposed to be doing. So while it would be weird for real Hawaii, it's entirely normal in this absurdly violent version of Hawaii, hotbed of all manner of spies and criminals.

I’ve been to Honolulu twice and I always think to myself how oddly tame and crime-free it is lol. 

8 hours ago, blackwing said:

I am rooting for Vanessa Lachey too.  I think it's great to see an Asian woman as the lead on this kind of show.  Especially one set in Hawaii.  She and her husband seem like truly nice people and I hope this show succeeds.  I don't see any issues with her age.  She's 40.  I see some are saying she is too young to lead the team, but I think Alex O'Loughlin was about 33 or 34 when Hawaii Five-0 started, and he was already a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy and put in charge of his team.

While I agree that I was hesitant about Vanessa being the lead and felt a lot of her line readings felt wooden, I am still rooting for her for the reasons you stated above. 

ive never really watched any of the NCIS shows, so I’m only watching for the Hawaiian scenery. I hope we get lots otherwise I won’t keep watching. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I didn't see the pilot of this NCIS Hawaii, but as soon as I read that the show was going to be "diverse" I knew what that meant.  I'm out!

I mean, the show is set in Hawaii.  Hawaii is the most racially and ethnically diverse state in the country, it's the only state where the white population is in the minority.  And a lot of the population identifies as mixed race.  So I think the makeup of the cast reflects that.  There is the leader Jane, played by a woman who is half-Filipino and half-white.  The #2 guy who is, in the context of this team, the token white guy.  The new guy who I thought was black but in looking him up, it looks like he has Polynesian / Pacific Islander ancestry?  The young female agent who appears to be Middle Eastern but apparently the actress has both Middle Eastern and Filipino ancestry.  And the tech guy who I think is white but I'm not 100% sure.

I like the casting on this show, especially, as I said, for a show set in Hawaii.  Hawaii Five-0 was groundbreaking when it first aired circa 2010 because I believe it might have been the first primetime show in which 50% of the leads were of Asian descent.  I think the casting on this show is a lot more accurate of the local population of Hawaii and I appreciate that. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I mean, the show is set in Hawaii.  Hawaii is the most racially and ethnically diverse state in the country, it's the only state where the white population is in the minority.  And a lot of the population identifies as mixed race.  So I think the makeup of the cast reflects that.  There is the leader Jane, played by a woman who is half-Filipino and half-white.  The #2 guy who is, in the context of this team, the token white guy.  The new guy who I thought was black but in looking him up, it looks like he has Polynesian / Pacific Islander ancestry?  The young female agent who appears to be Middle Eastern but apparently the actress has both Middle Eastern and Filipino ancestry.  And the tech guy who I think is white but I'm not 100% sure.

I like the casting on this show, especially, as I said, for a show set in Hawaii.  Hawaii Five-0 was groundbreaking when it first aired circa 2010 because I believe it might have been the first primetime show in which 50% of the leads were of Asian descent.  I think the casting on this show is a lot more accurate of the local population of Hawaii and I appreciate that. 

"McG" is number 2? I guess so but not in a DiNozzo way of telling everyone. He just seemed too pretty and too good for a character. Lance White for those who remember The Rockford Files. I would say he would be the most easily dropped if the cast proves to be too large.

Wiki says Alex Tarrant is a New Zealander with Māori, Samoan, and Niuean ancestors. While his on screen father Moses Goods is a native of Hawaii.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Whimsy said:

I’m 10 minutes in and I kind of want to bail, but we were just in Hawaii and my husband texted me (he’s at work lol) to watch this because they filmed this in parts we were just literally at, as well as scenes of our hotel- Hilton Hawaiian Village- the hotel with the rainbow colors on the front of the building that wa shown prominently during one scene. 

I missed that, but I stayed at Hawaiian Village in the summer of 1990.  I think that is the Rainbow Tower, I stayed next door in the Alihi'i (sp?) Tower

On 9/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Whimsy said:

As a Coast Guard vet, I welcome any CG representation lol

Thanks for your service

• Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 7:44 AM, blackwing said:

Is the Navy commander Melius, the one played by the guy who had the cane on "Agent Carter", a regular character?  It looks like Tennant is a single mom and I hope they don't try to put these two together.  Or worse, I hope we don't find out that they are exes or used to be married (from their interaction, it didn't seem like it but who knows).

I

I am pretty sure they are not exes as the show made a point of characters checking out others backgrounds. Since Agent Tennat didn't have a boss make an appearance as the Pacific Fleet Chief of Staff I think Enver Gjokaj's Captain Milius will play the Director Vance or Hetty role more so than the reoccurring roles New Orleans politicians or the SecNav on JAG .

I just watched the pilot and I thought it was ok. I do not watch any of the other NCIS shows but I like shows set in Hawaii since I used to live there. Vanessa Lachey is passable as the lead, but her character does seem to lack a certain gravitas and the single mom who does it all type of character seems a little cliched. I would have preferred an actress like Kelly Hu in the role. Vanessa Lachey also does not seem to be a very good actress. I have seen her in a Lifetime Christmas movie that I liked, but her acting seems off here. I will give her a few more episodes to adjust though. 

I did like how there seemed to be more locals as guest actors so it makes it seem more believable. I'm looking forward  to seeing more scenery and locations that I recognize. 

• Love 1
On 9/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, rr2911 said:

Just like not all male actors are believable in being tough, there are female actors that just can't carry the torch.  The lead in this one just isn't believable.  That's what Kate, Ziva and Knight have, that's 

My feelings exactly.  Vanessa Lachey lacks believability in this role.  It was ridiculous watching her try to get through the military jargon.  She sounded like she had no clue what she was talking about.

One of the women from NCIS New Orleans would have been better or even Katrina Law, who is currently on original flavor NCIS.  This would work better with Lachey as one of the investigators instead of the lead.

Edited by nittany cougar
On 9/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, Raja said:

"McG" is number 2? I guess so but not in a DiNozzo way of telling everyone. He just seemed too pretty and too good for a character. Lance White for those who remember The Rockford Files. I would say he would be the most easily dropped if the cast proves to be too large.

Wiki says Alex Tarrant is a New Zealander with Māori, Samoan, and Niuean ancestors. While his on screen father Moses Goods is a native of Hawaii.

Watch the Australian show 800 Words he was great in that (and was hated in Shortland Street where he played a scumbag)

On 9/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, Raja said:

I probably should have realized before now that 5-0 must stand for the fiftieth state. Duh!  When the original was on I was a kid. 

I don't know...I was entertained.  Maybe it's just filling the hole that was left by 5-0.  As for the tech guy, I immediately recognized him as the edgy lyricist from the Drew Barrymore/Hugh Grant movie Music & Lyrics.  Not sure if I recognize him from anywhere else.  One thing that I'm sure has been discussed already is that NCIS and 5-0 are in the same universe.  So I guess Katrina Law can't ever show up in the Hawaii show?  Or are they just going to pretend she was never in 5-0.  Or...twins separated by adoption?  :D  

35 minutes ago, VegetasMom said:

I don't know...I was entertained.  Maybe it's just filling the hole that was left by 5-0.  As for the tech guy, I immediately recognized him as the edgy lyricist from the Drew Barrymore/Hugh Grant movie Music & Lyrics.  Not sure if I recognize him from anywhere else.  One thing that I'm sure has been discussed already is that NCIS and 5-0 are in the same universe.  So I guess Katrina Law can't ever show up in the Hawaii show?  Or are they just going to pretend she was never in 5-0.  Or...twins separated by adoption?  :D  

JAG/NCIS franchise protection of their fictional universe on actor utilization is down near the Law & Order level.

• Love 1

Channel surfed while watching, did other things.  I'll give it a chance. It's not must see tv.

I kid you not what I did watch it kept on reminding of the Stargate SG1 epi in the final years where the alien movie producer wanted ideas for the show based on SG1 and someone came up for a younger hipper version-that brief scene summed it up for me. I thought NCIS LA was supposed to take of that.

Sidenote I couldn't think of the actor's name then a few days later Willie Garson the alien passes. Weird coincidence.

On 10/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, VegetasMom said:

One thing that I'm sure has been discussed already is that NCIS and 5-0 are in the same universe.  So I guess Katrina Law can't ever show up in the Hawaii show?  Or are they just going to pretend she was never in 5-0.  Or...twins separated by adoption?  :D  

I am pretty sure Hawaii 5-0 reused an actor for a different role across seasons. They may have also shared actors in different roles with the other connected shows like MacGyver. There is a Fandom wiki although NCIS: Hawaii details are pretty sparse at this point.

It will be interesting to see if the interconnected shows end up making any appearances. I haven't watched any of the other NCIS shows (except the 5-0 crossover episodes) but I would assume they have to cross over at some point. A 5-0 mention seems mandatory and that show had lots of recurring characters who could show up here. A reference to the Phoenix Foundation would be pure gravy.

2 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I am pretty sure Hawaii 5-0 reused an actor for a different role across seasons. They may have also shared actors in different roles with the other connected shows like MacGyver. There is a Fandom wiki although NCIS: Hawaii details are pretty sparse at this point.

It will be interesting to see if the interconnected shows end up making any appearances. I haven't watched any of the other NCIS shows (except the 5-0 crossover episodes) but I would assume they have to cross over at some point. A 5-0 mention seems mandatory and that show had lots of recurring characters who could show up here. A reference to the Phoenix Foundation would be pure gravy.

Since they never revisted the crossover to have the retired SEALS meet when o'Lauglin came out of recovery I'm not sure if the two franchise runners are in sync. With NCIS and Magnum both in Hawaii it should be a CBS forced sure bet.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:29 AM, Raja said:

JAG/NCIS franchise protection of their fictional universe on actor utilization is down near the Law & Order level.

Yup. My favorite example of this is James Eckhouse who has carved out a niche as "dastardly pharmacist" in both NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans.

I have watched every episode of NCIS, NCIS LA, and NCIS NEW Orleans. I only watched about 1/2 of the Pilot and that was enough for me.

This from someone who have periods of being I’ll where I binge watch shows and I have no interest in this being on the list.

Does it get any better in the next episodes?

16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I have watched every episode of NCIS, NCIS LA, and NCIS NEW Orleans. I only watched about 1/2 of the Pilot and that was enough for me.

This from someone who have periods of being I’ll where I binge watch shows and I have no interest in this being on the list.

Does it get any better in the next episodes?

I don't believe I have ever watched an entire episode of any of the other NCIS shows.  I watched this one because of the Hawaii setting and because I am rooting for Vanessa Lachey.  It's not often that a procedural show like this is led by an Asian woman.

I think the cast is settling in and I enjoy the cast overall.  I have nothing to compare to against the other NCIS shows however.  I think Vanessa Lachey has grown into the role as the season has progressed and Jane Tennant's quiet strength is now starting to really show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

I don't believe I have ever watched an entire episode of any of the other NCIS shows.  I watched this one because of the Hawaii setting and because I am rooting for Vanessa Lachey.  It's not often that a procedural show like this is led by an Asian woman.

I think the cast is settling in and I enjoy the cast overall.  I have nothing to compare to against the other NCIS shows however.  I think Vanessa Lachey has grown into the role as the season has progressed and Jane Tennant's quiet strength is now starting to really show. 

I’ll give it a shot! Sometimes it takes a show a couple of episodes to get its groove.