Type keyword(s) to search

S6.10: Goddesses of War

• Start Topic

Karen just didn't feel like driving back down to Surry and I don't blame her.  Apparently you have to take a ferry to get from Williamsburg to Surry, unless you drive to south of Richmond and take Rt. 10 or 460 or go through Hampton Roads and come back around to Surry.  What a pain.  No wonder nothing is in Surry except farmers, peanuts and ham.

The final video is nice, though and appears to have been filmed in Surry, though.

Gizelle says she knew about the girl from the binder because Jamal told her.  Of course he told her, because it was a fake storyline relationship.

I guess Ashley couldn't leave Dean since she was breastfeeding unless she pumped.  Whoever was watching Dean could've also been watching Dylan.

It's unfortunate Wendy & Eddie had to have that conversation with their children but the bottom line is Black parents have to destroy their children's innocence in order to protect them.  Shielding Black children from the harsh realities of life is not a luxury Black parents have. /tamirrice

• Love 22

Wendy & Eddie's talk with their sons made me cry.

Mia is proving herself to be a great addition to the show. I loved the eye candy of the table setting and flowers, and the ladies' gowns. The go around the table and say something nice was the perfect counter balance to the usual shade, lol. And, there was actually a bit of healing. Uh, for the moment.

• Love 10

Karen makes me laugh, I’m not sure she is trying to but she’s funny. Shooting the video In Potomac and the peanut comment! 
Candiace is back to getting on my nerves. She says awful things to people but if someone grabs her she will go running to mommy and the police. I don’t even like Ashley but Candyaas is a dick. Those head wraps look terrible on her. No wonder her husband is constantly drinking. Speaking of, he mentions he has a job, what is it? 
Gizelle it’s time to shut up about Jamal. Nobody believes you were together last year.
Yippee, Gizzard and Karen are made up. 

• Love 9

So many questions:

What does Candiace have to be sorry about in that convo for with her Federline-like man? Better yet, what does a day-in-the-life of Chris look like? What activities occupy Chris from 9-5?

More importantly (to me), who are his parents and why haven’t they been identified or discussed this past 4 years?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So Ashley calls Candiace's natural hair dry. Dry =nappy. She made fun of Katie's mental health,  tried to gaslight Wendy with Gizelle, questioned Wendy's new body, called Candiace a hamster on numerous occasions.  But that's all been forgotten because she popped out two children for the predator.

ETA: Production said not today Karen with your lies. "Not Surry County."

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, spunky said:

So Ashley calls Candiace's natural hair dry. Dry =nappy. She made fun of Katie's mental health,  tried to gaslight Wendy with Gizelle, questioned Wendy's new body, called Candiace a hamster on numerous occasions.  But that's all been forgotten because she popped out two children for the predator. 

I hope that's not what Ashley's getting at because each and every time I see one of her haphazard blowouts, I hope she wasn't dumb enough to pay someone else to do that when I can get that same unfinished look myself at home. And won't someone please be a scissor and dust them ends!

Hopping off the shallow train now to say I wish they wouldn't drag physicality into their fighting, lol. There's so much other stuff to work with and both of these women have slick mouths, so comebacks should be easy instead of referencing someone's looks. So funny to me, especially since I see Potomac as the most naturally attractive franchise.

Candiace should lead with the fact that Ashley is married to an old-ass predator who would undoubtedly give Juan Dixon a better prenup than he did his present wife. Ashley should jab with the fact that her old-ass predator can afford to do what he likes since he pays each and every bill and has actually worked hard enough to build an empire and enjoy any bisexual excursions, golf, and internet cooking during his downtime unlike some other husbands.

They can clear each other - then move back to their respective corners. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

The editing job on this show is getting worse. It's becoming ridiculously clear when audio has been edited in. Gizelle's comments at the goddess lunch. There was a line when her voice was low, then it gets high and animated, then back to low. I get it that you are trying to tell the story you want, but they need to do a better job smoothing it out. You are trying to sell reality TV, make it seem more real.

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Were they at Watkins Park for the luncheon? I swear that was the SAME gazebo and park I attended a wedding in back in April this year. It is a HIKE from the parking lot to the gazebo, hope production provided golf carts!

This episode was so boring I was looking at the park's website to match up the trees by the gazebo...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, spunky said:

This is why Ashley, not Candiace, is the vilest character on the cast and she's gotten away with it because of her "motherhood journey" and "she's a mom."

And Ashley is the LAST person who needs to be talking about "dry hair."

39 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I hope that's not what Ashley's getting at because each and every time I see one of her haphazard blowouts,

It's exactly what she's getting at.  She & Kickback Jack have also alluded to Candiace being "a criminal" (rap sheet) several times and made sure to call Wendy "aggressive" last season when she's never called Robyn "aggressive" and Robyn drove to another state to get up in Ashley's grill (as well as get up in Former Cast Member's grill on the street).  She also never called FCM aggressive for threatening to beat up Candiace in Season 4 and then following through in Season 5.

To be fair, Wendy WAS aggressive with Robyn & Gizelle a few episodes ago.

And another thing about Ashley, she droned on about Candiace never apologizing.  Number 1, that's not true.  Number 2, when Candiace did apologize and try to be more cordial/civil/conciliatory to Ashley, Ashley repaid her by writing the police statement detailing how violent & provoking Candiace was. Robyn & Gizelle told Ashley writing that statement would be the end of any friendship between them, to which Ashley basically replied "F that B."  So Ashley can spare me the "Candiace never apologizes, she never this or that" because it doesn't even matter.

49 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Candiace should lead with the fact that Ashley is married to an old-ass predator who would undoubtedly give Juan Dixon a better prenup than he did his present wife.

The only thing Candiace needs to lead with is Sheila (and Ashley's dad who slammed the door in her face).  The fact Candiace has not brought up Sheila, while Ashley has brought up Dorothy means even Candiace has some level of self control.  Some girl who's mother is chronically under-homed, living with a bum, dropped her off with various family members so she could continue to do her, and married an old white man to take care of her & her mom because the old white man who is allegedly her daddy wouldn't could *never* say anything to me about what my mom does for me.  No ma'am.

Ashley gives as good as she gets (the Twitter incident with Candiace).  However, she's a mom now so we're supposed to forget all the vile things Ashley has said to almost every cast member throughout the years (plus she deleted all of the nasty tweets she lobbed at Candiace during that exchange).

43 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The editing job on this show is getting worse. It's becoming ridiculously clear when audio has been edited in. Gizelle's comments at the goddess lunch.

I noticed that.  Robyn said they had been remixing their conversations during editing this season.

9 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think that Gizelle is ever going to bash Jamal on TV. Even though the girls know he's an asshat, he is their father and that's a conversation they would have in private.

I think what the cast and audience wants to see is Gizelle break down and cry over Jamal and never having a man and that's never going to happen.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think that Gizelle is ever going to bash Jamal on TV. Even though the girls know he's an asshat, he is their father and that's a conversation they would have in private.

Candace definitely needs to get a real manager.

My understanding is that Candiace HAS a manager. She is basically using Chris to do the things she should be working on rather than doing them herself. And the reason for this is because she's so overwhelmed with school and work and her career, so can't he please just step in?

I gather that what Chris is pissed about is that he's got at least 1-2 things he's working on (online classes, etc.) and when his stuff and her stuff conflict, she expects him to drop his, reschedule, etc. He says if she's going to stop him from earning his own way, then she should just give him an allowance and make him who her mama says he is. 

She needs to hire a full-time assistant to handle her personal stuff and leave her husband alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I hope that's not what Ashley's getting at because each and every time I see one of her haphazard blowouts, I hope she wasn't dumb enough to pay someone else to do that when I can get that same unfinished look myself at home. And won't someone please be a scissor and dust them ends!

Hopping off the shallow train now to say I wish they wouldn't drag physicality into their fighting, lol. There's so much other stuff to work with and both of these women have slick mouths, so comebacks should be easy instead of referencing someone's looks. So funny to me, especially since I see Potomac as the most naturally attractive franchise.

Candiace should lead with the fact that Ashley is married to an old-ass predator who would undoubtedly give Juan Dixon a better prenup than he did his present wife. Ashley should jab with the fact that her old-ass predator can afford to do what he likes since he pays each and every bill and has actually worked hard enough to build an empire and enjoy any bisexual excursions, golf, and internet cooking during his downtime unlike some other husbands.

They can clear each other - then move back to their respective corners. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That's exactly what she's getting at. If Candiace ever goes after Sheila the same way Ashley has gone after Dorothy,  everyone would be clutching their pearls and calling her vile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

As beautiful as the Potomac ladies are, they've all displayed questionable hairstyles and wigs, so if any of them started fighting about hair I would just sit there rocking back and forth because I doubt I could take anyone's side!

Y'all are so right about Sheila! I always forget about Ashley's grifter mama laying up in the woods with some non-employed white man while her daughter has to do extra credit assignments (on her knees) to give mama a little cash! Candiace leading with that would steal Ashley's soul, especially since Ashley loved talking about how Miss Dorothy was still taking care of Candiace. @drivethroo is correct that Candiace has more self control than I give her credit for.

I need to go back and watch more carefully. Y'all saying Ashley has a habit of calling out folks for being "aggressive," huh? Poor thang. Maybe she's allowed her husband's privilege to go to her head.

• Love 7

Candiace’s foray into a music career reminds me of Erika Girardi, except she has a lot more talent and is self-funding her career. I hope she doesn’t invest all her money for zero return, as is the case with Erika. She lost money. Making money in the music industry is extremely difficult. Most artists have to tour to earn a living. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I need to go back and watch more carefully. Y'all saying Ashley has a habit of calling out folks for being "aggressive," huh? Poor thang. Maybe she's allowed her husband's privilege to go to her head.

That's the problem: Ashley doesn't have a habit of calling folks out for being "aggressive."  She only calls out people she doesn't like for being "aggressive" while bypassing the cast members who actually are aggressive and the same goes for the fake shock at being bodyshamed.

We mustn't bodyshame Ashley because she just gave birth.  She's a mom now and is sacred and pure.

Meanwhile Ashley has bodyshamed:

• Charrisse by laughing at her T-Rex arms (Charrisse is a mom)
  • Candiace by saying she's shaped like a little boy and looks like a hamster/chipmunk (this, from someone who was shaped like a box before having her children)
  • Ray by saying he has a dried up penis (ageism)

I mean, we heard Karen talk about Gizelle's "fat vagina" again and Gizelle is a mom and no one is clutching their pearls at that.

All I remember is Ashley was at dinner at Candiace’s house. Ashley said “you mean your mom’s table?” And Candiace lost her fucking mind. Did she ever say anything else about Dorothy?

Candiace should've kept her cool and read Ashley her rights.  So since you want to talk about what my mother buys for me, let's talk about what YOUR mother buys for you. Nothing, you say? Yes, my mom bought this table for me and bought this house for me but your momma can't even rent an apartment for herself, tricking off bums in the tent underneath Interstate 495 to the point where you don't know which one of them is your daddy.  Which trailer did your mom buy for you Ashley? Which tent? When your momma can afford to buy a pack of paper plates and some drops for that leaky eye, get back with me.  Don't worry about what my mom does for me, worry about keeping your jaw oiled so you can keep the roof over your head.

Ashley and her mom are such an easy read.  Candiace must have some internal code within herself not to talk about people's moms.  I don't have that code so there's nothing Ashley could say to me about my mom that wouldn't be returned 10fold.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

I thought this episode was so boring. I went on my phone for most of it.

Ashley is trash. I don’t care about her or her creepy husband and 2 child support cheques.

Why does Karen pronounce Surrey like that lol. Is that how it’s supposed to be pronounced?

• Love 8

Gizelle may not want a relationship. That's fine, because same here. If however she does change her mind, or if she's just saying that for TV, and she actually does get a relationship, I predict that she will keep it a secret for as long as she is on the show, or for as long as she can. The cast, the producers, the viewers are just salivating at the chance for Gizelle to get in a relationship so that they can give her the business right back. It's easy for Gizelle to continue to act as if relationships are not off limits, because she doesn't have one for others to judge. 

• Love 4

Grand Am needs to invest in some damn shape wear stat! Those skin tights clothes show every bump and bulge, and her too small bra and no muffin top granny panties make her okay for an old lady body look extra dumpy. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eXiled said:

Y'all are so right about Sheila! I always forget about Ashley's grifter mama laying up in the woods with some non-employed white man while her daughter has to do extra credit assignments (on her knees) to give mama a little cash! Candiace leading with that would steal Ashley's soul, especially since Ashley loved talking about how Miss Dorothy was still taking care of Candiace.

Great analysis @eXiled. I’ll add that Candiace and Ashley's situations are parallel -– Each of them has what the other wants and needs.

Each of their white men is using them: Candiace’s for her monetary resources and shelter; Ashley’s for her body, soul and sexy.

They will never be friends, partly because they peep other’s game.

Edited by StillHere
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

The cast, the producers, the viewers are just salivating at the chance for Gizelle to get in a relationship so that they can give her the business right back. It's easy for Gizelle to continue to act as if relationships are not off limits, because she doesn't have one for others to judge. 

Let's not forget, when Gizelle had a man (Sherman), FCM, Charrisse and Karen all teamed up to bring Sherman's ex-wife on the show to embarass Gizelle and break that little relationship up, This was a man Gizelle's daughters liked very much, so the break up didn't just affect Gizelle, it affected her children too.  In Charrisse's case, it was justified because Gizelle had blown up her spot about Mr. Fireman.  FCM & Karen weren't justified and Gizelle may not have felt bad about breaking up FCM's marriage or family because FCM did it to her first, all because FCM didn't want to accept that Gizelle didn't like her.

IMO Wendy is being fake & trying to have a moment by whipping up outrage on Gizelle because it's the easiest way for her to stay on the show.  I think Askale was brought up to be a potential replacement for Wendy (who would then be in the friend spot Askale is in now).   Wendy isn't stupid, Askale was never going to be FCM's replacement, Askale was going to be HER replacement so Wendy did what she needed to do to secure her flute.  I also think Robyn clocked this & knows what Wendy is doing but can't break the 4th wall right now and say what Wendy is doing.

Each of their white men is using them: Candiace’s for her monetary resources and shelter; Ashley’s for her body, soul and sexy.

We see Candiace expecting Chris to drop whatever he is doing to come tend to her, so I don't think it's really a situation of this broke white man has decided to come live off of Candiace & use her for money and shelter.

However, we KNOW Ashley is using Michael for money and shelter.

Both pairings get mutual benefit from their partners:

Michael gets freaky sex & arm candy; Ashley gets material things and a roof over her head

Candiace gets constant emotional support she wouldn't get from any other man; Chris gets a nice roof over his head

I think the root of the Ashley/Candiace feud is two-fold: Ashley thinks she's better than Candiace and Ashley doesn't think someone like Candiace deserves to have the material things she has.  It's also how FCM felt about Candiace, too.

The other cast members who grew up in more affluent settings don't seem to have that same sense of resentment towards Candiace that Ashley/FCM have.

Interesting. I had assumed that: 

1) Mia was brought in to replace Monique
2) They wanted a friend because Potomac didn't have any, and
3) They wanted an extra person because they didn't know how much film they would get of Ashley because she just had a baby, much like I assumed they did in season 4 when Monique was pregnant and Katie returned 

I do think Mia was brought on to replace Monique but I think Monique was supposed to be the friend in S6.  I don't think they would've added Wendy to have an extra person to film because of Ashley having a baby because Wendy had just had a baby; her and Ashley's babies are 3 weeks apart.

And if they wanted a friend, they could've just brought Charrisse back instead of adding Askale, since Charrisse already has existing ties with the cast and was at 4 of the cast events that aired last season (they cut her out of Wendy's sip n see).

There were also rumors Candiace wasn't coming back so if that was the case, then Askale could've been the 7th Housewife, replacing Candiace.

But Candiace did come back and now there's an extra cast member floating about waiting to be a potential replacement. Wendy decided to secure her spot by turning up on Mia (for no reason) and then hitting the jackpot, slaying Robyn & Gizelle.  And it worked.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, StillHere said:

So many questions:

What does Candiace have to be sorry about in that convo for with her Federline-like man? Better yet, what does a day-in-the-life of Chris look like? What activities occupy Chris from 9-5?

More importantly (to me), who are his parents and why haven’t they been identified or discussed this past 4 years?

I too, would like to find out about his royal West Virginia lineage

5 hours ago, spunky said:

ETA: Production said not today Karen with your lies. "Not Surry County."

Ashley used those poor babies as shield, I breast fed all my children and still went to work, so Ashley not being able to leave her baby for a second is bullshit.

4 hours ago, eXiled said:

You read them both for filth.

They both leave the husbands off the table because they both do not have a leg to stand on in that department.

Chris seems hella cool but the truth is that he is older, has a sketchy employment record ( he supposedly owned part of that restaurant…not sure) and the main thing she has gained by marrying him is child support payments.

Ashley’s coot is rich but that’s it. He is ugly, stingy with his coin, and probably a sexual predator. 

It look like Dorothy will be dropping some tea next week.

I think Candiass like to control Chris with her money like her mama likes to control people with her pocket books.

However, I would like to see what Chris does with his day. I’m fine with him being a househusband if he owns it.

Does he clean the house and then films a cooking show for YouTube?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

IMO Wendy is being fake & trying to have a moment by whipping up outrage on Gizelle because it's the easiest way for her to stay on the show.  I think Askale was brought up to be a potential replacement for Wendy (who would then be in the friend spot Askale is in now).   Wendy isn't stupid, Askale was never going to be FCM's replacement, Askale was going to be HER replacement so Wendy did what she needed to do to secure her flute.  I also think Robyn clocked this & knows what Wendy is doing but can't break the 4th wall right now and say what Wendy is doing.

Interesting. I had assumed that: 

1) Mia was brought in to replace Monique
2) They wanted a friend because Potomac didn't have any, and
3) They wanted an extra person because they didn't know how much film they would get of Ashley because she just had a baby, much like I assumed they did in season 4 when Monique was pregnant and Katie returned 

Everyone looks for moments on the show, because if you give nothing you get replaced. I thought that Wendy was safe. I can't imagine that they would have her be full time in season 5, have that altercation happen, and then demote her when that altercation overshadowed the whole season. I continue to be worried about Robyn being on the chopping block, it's why I think she is keeping this wedding close to the vest until they believe her job is jeopardy. They are waiting for the chance for Michael to act up at that bachelor party/wedding. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I too, would like to find out about his royal West Virginia lineage

Ashley used those poor babies as shield, I breast fed all my children and still went to work, so Ashley not being able to leave her baby for a second is bullshit.

You read them both for filth.

They both leave the husbands off the table because they both do not have a leg to stand on in that department.

Chris seems hella cool but the truth is that he is older, has a sketchy employment record ( he supposedly owned part of that restaurant…not sure) and the main thing she has gained by marrying him is child support payments.

Ashley’s coot is rich but that’s it. He is ugly, stingy with his coin, and probably a sexual predator. 

It look like Dorothy will be dropping some tea next week.

I think Candiass like to control Chris with her money like her mama likes to control people with her pocket books.

However, I would like to see what Chris does with his day. I’m fine with him being a househusband if he owns it.

Does he clean the house and then films a cooking show for YouTube?

I know he does cooking classes through Hungry and he does private catering events. He also posted some cooking videos on Instagram.  

I don't think Candiace likes to control him with her money,  but she likes to push him. From what I've gathered from her Instagram lives, it appears that she sees his potential and pushes him so that he can live up to it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, spunky said:

I don't think Candiace likes to control him with her money,  but she likes to push him. From what I've gathered from her Instagram lives, it appears that she sees his potential and pushes him so that he can live up to it.

That's how I see it, as well. She is on an upward trajectory – once she completes her MBA, she'll be off to the races –  and wants the same for her partner. But she is slowly realizing he's limited.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I do think Mia was brought on to replace Monique but I think Monique was supposed to be the friend in S6.  I don't think they would've added Wendy to have an extra person to film because of Ashley having a baby because Wendy had just had a baby; her and Ashley's babies are 3 weeks apart.

And if they wanted a friend, they could've just brought Charrisse back instead of adding Askale, since Charrisse already has existing ties with the cast and was at 4 of the cast events that aired last season (they cut her out of Wendy's sip n see).

There were also rumors Candiace wasn't coming back so if that was the case, then Askale could've been the 7th Housewife, replacing Candiace.

But Candiace did come back and now there's an extra cast member floating about waiting to be a potential replacement. Wendy decided to secure her spot by turning up on Mia (for no reason) and then hitting the jackpot, slaying Robyn & Gizelle.  And it worked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are talking about two different babies. I think you're talking about Ashley's first baby, and I'm talking about Ashley's second baby. My thought was that Askale was brought in for THIS season because Ashley was pregnant and they didn't know how much film they would get of her, post baby and also during the pandemic. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post. 

It is interesting that they did not bring Charisse back as a friend. At Wendy's party they edited as if she wasn't there, when she was sitting at the same table. Then they did throw up her name at Robyn's party. It looks like they made her leave so they could have that last conversation that they filmed. Does Charisse want to come back? Is there a reason Bravo tried to act like she wasn't present last season?

I wonder if Wendy was slated to be a friend last season, but got upgraded because of the drama. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are talking about two different babies. I think you're talking about Ashley's first baby, and I'm talking about Ashley's second baby. My thought was that Askale was brought in for THIS season because Ashley was pregnant and they didn't know how much film they would get of her, post baby and also during the pandemic. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post. 

Ok, for this season.  Honestly Ashley could've been dropped to "friend" this season if having babies is preventing her from filming or getting the smoke she so richly deserves.  The show ran just fine with 6 housewives and they could've easily bumped Askale up to Housewife status (her accessories alone are better than most/all of their wardrobes).

I still think Askale was brought on to replace *somebody* because if they needed a friend to film, just bring on Charrisse.

11 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

It is interesting that they did not bring Charisse back as a friend. At Wendy's party they edited as if she wasn't there, when she was sitting at the same table. Then they did throw up her name at Robyn's party. It looks like they made her leave so they could have that last conversation that they filmed. Does Charisse want to come back? Is there a reason Bravo tried to act like she wasn't present last season?

They did show her at Candiace's anniversary party, Ashley's Sip N See and Robyn's engagement party so I'm not sure why they edited her out of Wendy's party.  I heard Charrisse was sore because she casted the cast.  I think they should bring her back as a friend; she actually still lives in Potomac and knows everyone (except Mia & Askale).

13 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I wonder if Wendy was slated to be a friend last season, but got upgraded because of the drama. 

I actually think Wendy was supposed to be Monique's replacement for Season 5 because of the fight, but the fight got so much publicity they kept Monique and had filmed so much with Wendy kept her on as well.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, eXiled said:

Looking forward to seeing Miss Dorothy next week. She couldn't wait to run and tell Candiace's business, and I'm here to learn all about it!

I see Ms. Dorothy is still trying to push Candiace out of the way and replace her as the Housewife on the show. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Whoo boy, Ashley is lucky she is a messy shit stirrer because she cannot read to save her life.  Dry hair?  

Gizelle is lying and Wendy is right to trust her instincts.  Gizelle knew exactly what she was doing, and her behavior that entire weekend did not come from a good place, it came from Gizelle being petty and miserable.

While I generally found this episode boring, MVP goes to whatever editor kept pointing out that Karen was not in Surrey County.  

Gizelle has spent multiple seasons shitting all over everyone's relationship but was "deeply hurt" because Jamal's shit came out at the reunion?  

I was laughing at Gizelle's revisionist history.....yeah, Jamal told her all about what was in the binder....sure Jan.  

So, Ashley doesn't know babysitters or just doesn't believe in them?  

I appreciate that neither Candiace nor Ashley fell for Mia's tricks at the goddess lunch.  Candiace doesn't want Ashley at her video shoot and Ashley knows she and her forehead are not invited.  Done.  

18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What???  Peanuts come in shells???  I need to go lay down.

No, you need to go to Surrey County immediately to see this marvel of nature!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, StillHere said:

So many questions:

I'm curious about all of this with the exception of the last question.  

Candiace needs to get another manager and Chris needs to do his job.  It involves an apron, but what exactly is it?  I refuse to believe that people are paying $1000 on a regular basis for his cooking classes.    

On a totally unrelated note, why doesn't Wendy know how much it costs to make a candle?  This mystery can be solved by making a candle.  Which is not hard.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, StillHere said:

That's how I see it, as well. She is on an upward trajectory – once she completes her MBA, she'll be off to the races –  and wants the same for her partner. But she is slowly realizing he's limited.

I have to ask...is this a giant surprise to her?

Did she envision that she could create a power couple with this man?

I actually like Chris but do not think that this 42-year-old is going to suddenly become a mover/shaker anytime soon.

So far his most successful financial venture has been marrying her.

3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

They did show her at Candiace's anniversary party, Ashley's Sip N See and Robyn's engagement party so I'm not sure why they edited her out of Wendy's party.  I heard Charrisse was sore because she casted the cast.  I think they should bring her back as a friend; she actually still lives in Potomac and knows everyone (except Mia & Askale).

I have actually heard that Charisse was the most well connected of the original cast with her basketball background.

It is funny that she did not last and seems to be desperate to get back on this show.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

That's the problem: Ashley doesn't have a habit of calling folks out for being "aggressive."  She only calls out people she doesn't like for being "aggressive" while bypassing the cast members who actually are aggressive and the same goes for the fake shock at being bodyshamed.

We mustn't bodyshame Ashley because she just gave birth.  She's a mom now and is sacred and pure.

Meanwhile Ashley has bodyshamed:

• Charrisse by laughing at her T-Rex arms (Charrisse is a mom)
  • Candiace by saying she's shaped like a little boy and looks like a hamster/chipmunk (this, from someone who was shaped like a box before having her children)
  • Ray by saying he has a dried up penis (ageism)

I mean, we heard Karen talk about Gizelle's "fat vagina" again and Gizelle is a mom and no one is clutching their pearls at that.

Candiace should've kept her cool and read Ashley her rights.  So since you want to talk about what my mother buys for me, let's talk about what YOUR mother buys for you. Nothing, you say? Yes, my mom bought this table for me and bought this house for me but your momma can't even rent an apartment for herself, tricking off bums in the tent underneath Interstate 495 to the point where you don't know which one of them is your daddy.  Which trailer did your mom buy for you Ashley? Which tent? When your momma can afford to buy a pack of paper plates and some drops for that leaky eye, get back with me.  Don't worry about what my mom does for me, worry about keeping your jaw oiled so you can keep the roof over your head.

Ashley and her mom are such an easy read.  Candiace must have some internal code within herself not to talk about people's moms.  I don't have that code so there's nothing Ashley could say to me about my mom that wouldn't be returned 10fold.

I am not a fan of Candace or her vicious mouth, but I'd like to think that even she would never stoop so low. However much of a pain in the ass Dorothy may be, she gave her a good life. Ashley's mother has a shameful past that, love her or leave her, Ashley survived, went to college, etc. Yes, Ashley has said some very rude things about the Candace/Dorothy dynamic, some of which were actually true, but to go in on her mother's drug addiction and overall patheticness would just be so very, very, very cruel.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, politichick said:

I am not a fan of Candace or her vicious mouth, but I'd like to think that even she would never stoop so low. However much of a pain in the ass Dorothy may be, she gave her a good life. Ashley's mother has a shameful past that, love her or leave her, Ashley survived, went to college, etc. Yes, Ashley has said some very rude things about the Candace/Dorothy dynamic, some of which were actually true, but to go in on her mother's drug addiction and overall patheticness would just be so very, very, very cruel.

But it would be true.  

Ashley has no problem hitting below the belt in the name of "keeping it real" 

And according to gizelle you gotta have a thick skin. 

Ashley made prison rape jokes about Ray.  Her deadbeat mother shouldn't really be off topic. 

But I betcha the minute anyone brought it up Ashley would find a reason why the multitude of shit she has slung is somehow so much different and better.  

5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I have to say that Wendy and Askale Goddess looks were on point.

I wasn't a fan of askales dress but her headpiece was stunning on her.  

Robyn looked like she was going to prom.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4

Oh Karen. When the producer asked her why they didn't film in Surry county she could have easily said "You know, I just didn't have time to get there today, we are just filming a few shots but the majority of the commercial will be filmed there." But no, she had to babble about how Surry county is everywhere she goes. I love the shady editors.

I'm hesitant do jump into the Ashley/Candiace debacle because I don't like either of them and they both have said/done horrible things to each other and to the other ladies. So I don't think either of them are right or wrong but hearing Candiace say "I talk about your forehead all the time" and "You bodyshame yourself when you walk into the room" as well as calling her wide-bodied....idk. That cuts a little deep.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, politichick said:

It was also cruel of Ashley to go in on Katie and her mental woes and custody challenges and bodyshame Katie for her saggy (post breast feeding) titties.  But Ashley's a MOM™ now, so we must treat Ashley as the delicate, pure mother she now is.  We must treat her tenderly and overlook her vile statements, past and present, because she has now experienced Motherhood.

See the problem is if somebody went in on Gizelle and asked if she was a whore or if she was pathetic for staying with Jamal after he had baby after baby on her, after he gave her a sexually transmitted disease, after he broke her down mentally...that she had 3 babies for him hoping that would keep him with her but he still didn't want her, and still doesn't want her and no man wants her because they don't want to catch what's in that fiery box, the audience would be whooping and hollering and YASS GURL READ HER DOWN! Nobody would be concerned about the cruelty of that read to Gizelle because she's been cruel to others.

So why is it that Ashley is off limits because she "just had a baby" or "she's a mother now?" Ashley is getting the same level of cruelty that she has doled out to others for the past 5+ years and I just cannot feel sorry for someone getting the same level of negative energy directed towards them that they've been putting out.

The cast knew Katie was going through a hard time mentally, and had her children taken away from her and her ex-husband was throwing up roadblocks to prevent Katie from even seeing them.  But Ashley took it upon herself to be cruel and cut Katie deep to the bone to the point Katie left the cast trip. Ashley went low but feels because she's a MOM™ now, she's off limits.  That's why she keeps dragging those babies to cast events; she knows nobody is going to go in on her with the babies around.  Even Candiace has not been cruel to Ashley to the point of invoking Sheila but one day Ashley's going to meet the right one who will have no such restraint and that will be a glorious day.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

It was also cruel of Ashley to go in on Katie and her mental woes and custody challenges and bodyshame Katie for her saggy (post breast feeding) titties.  But Ashley's a MOM™ now, so we must treat Ashley as the delicate, pure mother she now is.  We must treat her tenderly and overlook her vile statements, past and present, because she has now experienced Motherhood.

See the problem is if somebody went in on Gizelle and asked if she was a whore or if she was pathetic for staying with Jamal after he had baby after baby on her, after he gave her a sexually transmitted disease, after he broke her down mentally...that she had 3 babies for him hoping that would keep him with her but he still didn't want her, and still doesn't want her and no man wants her because they don't want to catch what's in that fiery box, the audience would be whooping and hollering and YASS GURL READ HER DOWN! Nobody would be concerned about the cruelty of that read to Gizelle because she's been cruel to others.

So why is it that Ashley is off limits because she "just had a baby" or "she's a mother now?" Ashley is getting the same level of cruelty that she has doled out to others for the past 5+ years and I just cannot feel sorry for someone getting the same level of negative energy directed towards them that they've been putting out.

The cast knew Katie was going through a hard time mentally, and had her children taken away from her and her ex-husband was throwing up roadblocks to prevent Katie from even seeing them.  But Ashley took it upon herself to be cruel and cut Katie deep to the bone to the point Katie left the cast trip. Ashley went low but feels because she's a MOM™ now, she's off limits.  That's why she keeps dragging those babies to cast events; she knows nobody is going to go in on her with the babies around.  Even Candiace has not been cruel to Ashley to the point of invoking Sheila but one day Ashley's going to meet the right one who will have no such restraint and that will be a glorious day.

Because Ashley is slick as Hell in a way that G is not.

G brings up the shit but has the nuance of a water buffalo. She was talking about the binder hurting her daughters (who seem really cool) but she called Jamal a cheater cheater pumpkin eater the first season...didn't that hurt them as well? 

Ashley knows how to manipulate people much better.

For the record, I totally agree with you. Ashley is not allowed to say horrible things about other people then hide behind her baby when someone mentions something about her life.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

In reference to Ashley and Candiace they are both terrible and, yet, somehow even more terrible to each other.  Which is an achievment.

However, if Candiace continue to make comments about Ashley and her breastmilk and am going to wonder what her issue is with lactating?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

This isn't some new Ashley strategy.  Ashley ALWAYS has a reason why the shit done to her is "totally different and way worse" than what she did to someone else.  

That has been a day one thing, IMO with Ashley.  

It was fine when she came for Robyn and Juan, but if anyone talked about Michael grabbing butts and being a general weirdo it was different because that was her HUSBAND.  

It was fine when SHE made a prison rape joke about Ray,  but totally different and unfair when Karen turned it around on her.  

She can talk about rays penis but no one can talk about the mystery holes Michael is sticking his penis in because it's totally different and much much worse.  

There is always a double standard that Ashley is trying to advocate.  

And it might be acceptable if she were even mildly entertaining.  

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, bosawks said:

In reference to Ashley and Candiace they are both terrible and, yet, somehow even more terrible to each other.  Which is an achievment.

However, if Candiace continue to make comments about Ashley and her breastmilk and am going to wonder what her issue is with lactating?

I think the issue is just that Ashley's "motherhood" on the show is more performative at this point.  

She always has those kids with her.  And about 80% of the time the first thing she does is whip out a boob and start breastfeeding. 

Which is using motherhood as a way to shield herself from the criticism and preemptively gather audience sympathy.    

She needs a dedicated full time nanny or a demotion.  

And I am not even a little into the at home with Ashley and her creepy husband segments. 

The way Ashley did Katie was one of the more ugly things I've seen.  It was just gleefully kicking someone when they were down.  Ashley is gross. But Michael is more gross so she has cover. 

• Love 8