Type keyword(s) to search

Season 38 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I think that would be fun and funny. Any volunteers to go back through the last two weeks at TJF for his scores/totals? It could be worth a special Prize Of The Week for our players!

Matt's FJs for season 38:

Week 1: 5/5
Week 2: 3/5 (missed Roger Rabbit on Monday and locusts on Thursday)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Bless your heart. Thanks! It's fun to know that Matt is tied with these players:

ams1001, illdoc, M. Darcy, Good Queen Jane and PBnJay

And he is being roundly beaten by Grundoon59. Good job, Grundoon!

Still waiting for @theartandsound and @Toothbrush to report in but I'm guessing they will either be tied with or be ahead of Matt.

• Love 4

4/5 Missed Roger Rabbit on Monday. I figured it was a Stephen King horror movie & guessed Cujo off the top of my head. I got Friday because I recently read a book in which the sinking was a background plot point. The other 3 were pretty easy although grasshoppers & frogs crossed my mind for the plagues. Locusts was my first thought so I’m glad I stuck with it. 

• Love 1

Apologies for my tardiness @saber5055!!!!

First off thank you for the first award of the season and to all who gave me the congrats! I accept it humbly, unlike the very-full-of-himself Mr. Amodio!!!! 🤪

This week is 4/5 for me. I said frogs for the bible question. I'm not too familiar with the KJV and this Jew does not recall if it is locusts in Leviticus in the Hebrew Bible.

Edited by theartandsound
  • Love 5

Yes! As I suspected, Toothbrush is tied with Mr. Amodio and TheArtAndSound is kicking Matt's ass and outscored him. Way to go you two, Eight of our contest players are as good as or BETTER! than Matt Amodio. Well, in FJ anyway. Nicely done everyone.

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Can we get some kind of super duper enhanced asterisk if we get one that Matt missed?

I'll have to mull on this. A big YES if Matt stays through the season. That would be awesome.

What does everyone think? Are y'all up for keeping track of Mattsterisks?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Week 1: 5/5
Week 2: 3/5 (missed Roger Rabbit on Monday and locusts on Thursday)

13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Is that how this works? If so, I too have a Matterisk.

If, during week two, you got Who Shot Roger Rabbit on Monday or locusts on Thursday, you get a Mattsterisk!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Okay, it's a deal. Everyone who got either Locust or Roger Rabbit this week, or got both, let me know. We're doing Matterisks until the end of this season or the end of Matt, whichever comes first. If the Matterisk is also an asterisk, holy cow, I'll have to ponder on that one. That's worth an extra ice cream for everyone at all the tables.

I have j5cochran, shapeshifter and yours truly down for one M each so far.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, it's a deal. Everyone who got either Locust or Roger Rabbit this week, or got both, let me know. We're doing Matterisks until the end of this season or the end of Matt, whichever comes first. If the Matterisk is also an asterisk, holy cow, I'll have to ponder on that one. That's worth an extra ice cream for everyone at all the tables.

I got both RR and locusts.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I got Locusts - so I too have an M*.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, all asterisks are Mattsterisks, but not all Mattsterisks are asterisks...

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Emojis don't display in either of my browsers so when someone posts one in response to something I wrote, I don't know if it's a big HEART or someone blowing raspberries, sticking out a tongue or flipping me off. Probably one of those last three but I pretend it's a heart.

always good to sort to the positive. 😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, it's a deal. Everyone who got either Locust or Roger Rabbit this week, or got both, let me know

So we get a M* for any FJ we get right and Matt doesn't, even if we don't beat him for the week?

I got locusts, but was 3/5 for the week as Matt was.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, j5cochran said:

If, during week two, you got Who Shot Roger Rabbit on Monday or locusts on Thursday, you get a Mattsterisk!

[nitpick] It's Who Framed Roger Rabbit [/nitpick], and I got both that and locusts, so two for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

TA TA TA TOOT TOOT TOOT! It's TIME TIME TIME to announce the winners of Week 2. Yes, winners plural. While many players got one or two more correct this week, two players stood out from the crowd by getting THREE THREE THREE more correct answers than the week before. And those two players are, in no particular order, @opus and @secnarf. TA DA! Congratulations you two. And here is your official award to document this oh-so-very-special event.

1755579599_three-logocopy.jpg.45af6adc24756f7c7b19a24ec8fe6f55.jpg

• Love 9

I got locusts :)

1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

TA TA TA TOOT TOOT TOOT! It's TIME TIME TIME to announce the winners of Week 2. Yes, winners plural. While many players got one or two more correct this week, two players stood out from the crowd by getting THREE THREE THREE more correct answers than the week before. And those two players are, in no particular order, @opus and @secnarf. TA DA! Congratulations you two. And here is your official award to document this oh-so-very-special event.

1755579599_three-logocopy.jpg.45af6adc24756f7c7b19a24ec8fe6f55.jpg

Thanks so much!!! Also love the artwork. And congratulations to @opus as well :)

• Love 6
9 hours ago, opus said:

Actually, those are in alphabetical order 🙂

LOL you smartie pants. Here's the truth: I was going to say they were in alphabetical order, which is how I had them, then decided I liked the sound of "no particular order" better. And it's easier to spell.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

LOL you smartie pants. Here's the truth: I was going to say they were in alphabetical order, which is how I had them, then decided I liked the sound of "no particular order" better. And it's easier to spell.

We once had a condo manager who, when monitoring the roster for folks to sign in at the annual meeting, kept saying, "It's in ABC order."

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Here's the truth: I was going to say they were in alphabetical order, which is how I had them, then decided I liked the sound of "no particular order" better. And it's easier to spell.

You must watch "Dancing With The Stars." They are always announcing who's safe and who's in the bottom two "in no particular order." But then you would have to dress up in outrageous gowns when you say it. 

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Would my sequined tights/leotard and tiara be good enough? That's what I wear when scoring the FJ contest.

1 hour ago, Good Queen Jane said:

A tiara is always appropriate. I would be glad to lend you any of mine.

This seems appropriate...

tumblr_lxpr1wmL8M1r69hqqo1_500.gifv

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

This seems appropriate...

tumblr_lxpr1wmL8M1r69hqqo1_500.gifv

Perfect!! 🤩

Plus, whenever we discuss Mayim’s wardrobe, I love to recall Sheldon’s line upon seeing Mayim as Amy in her very OTT wedding gown (which Emmy Award winning Jim Parsons delivered adoringly)   
“You look like a pile of swans!” 🦢 

EE542162-F3DA-445F-9F28-C76BCA4D30DD.thumb.jpeg.20ac808164ab51de0897bc84a9910faf.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

1/5 

I got Africa mostly because of many summers of obsessively checking Lake Michigan temperatures and wave heights posted in GMT.

ETA: For the week I give Mayim's wardrobe a 3/5 with Monday, Tuesday, and Friday for the win.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1