Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

OK this is true.   Danny Devito was my friend's boyfriend when we were Seniors in high school.  She was funnier than he was.   He was a hair dresser.  We hung out at the beach, and all over Asbury Park.   He fixed me up with his friend named "Louie".   I was driving, so Paula and I went to Asbury Park constantly on weekends.   It was about 50 miles from our town. All this went on for a year or so.

That's so cool! 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I would absolutely be laughing at this.   I'm a terrible person.  

Mo looks like he's pretty close to laughing too. 

Yve said she's Apache.  

If you ever had chickenpox, even a case that didn't really make you sick, then you can get shingles.   You can also get it over and over.  If you get shingles, you can have residual nerve pain that's agonizing.     You can get it if you're young too, I don't know why they tell you to wait for the shots.   

The first vaccine for shingles (Zostavax maybe?) wasn't very effective at prevention, and supposedly did lessen the course of the disease.   However, if someone gets what they suspect is shingles, hurry to the ER, because they can give you antivirals to shorten the time you suffer from it, and may help prevent the nerve pain after.  

I was afraid Yve or one of her friends were going to set their clothes on fire.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

You can still get Shingles even if you get that shot. It happened to my Mom, the doctor told her you can still get Shingles because there are different strains. But she had a mild case because she did get the shot. The rash was not bad but she had bad pain for six weeks. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:
4 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

I thought it was harder to get shingles if you have had the chickenpox

No, after you have chicken pox, the shingles virus is in your system, it’s dormant but can activate at any time. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I had my 2nd part back in December. Go get it folks, you may not know you had 🐥 pox which is better than 🙉 pox but still painful. 

I had both pox and shingles as a 19 year old.  It. Was. Hell.  I hap pox in my eyelids, in my lady parts, etc.  The only place they did not occur was my feet.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 3
  • Wink 1
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

You can still get Shingles even if you get that shot. It happened to my Mom, the doctor told her you can still get Shingles because there are different strains. But she had a mild case because she did get the shot. The rash was not bad but she had bad pain for six weeks. 

Hmm, sounds like another “vaccine” I’ve heard of. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Jibri and Miona need to move out?   How?  No jobs, no planning ability, their careers are nothing burgers.     So, Mama J thinks her son will suddenly start planning things, get a job, How is jobless, and no job skills Jibri going to be out of the house?    

Throw them out! He can drive trucks for his Serbian friend. That is actually a really needed job right now and you can make ok money doing it. 

• Love 10
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

So it is open In my province to get dose 4 but I am travelling in late October so plan to wait a bit so I have better protection overseas.

First 3 kicked my butt.

I wouldn't be surprise if #4 does the same

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I had both pox and shingles as a 19 year old.  It. Was. Hell.  I hap pox in my eyelids, in my lady parts, etc.  The only place they did not occur was my feet.

I don’t know if I’ve carried it yet, but my dad had a really bad case back when he was a 10-year-old boy. He itched all over his body. It was super brutal.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yeah I got shingles. So painful. I actually had to go to the ER it was so painful. In a a body part you wouldn't want pain in, trust me. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 5