Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If Jibri had any brains, he'd be doing something else to make money instead of waiting for the day this band makes a buck.

Bless you for using the words "Jibri" and "brains" in the same sentence! 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
Just now, Adeejay said:

So, Kobe wants Emily's dad to teach him to take over his business!?  What is this guy smoking?

he sounds like Syngin who wanted to do everything from Opera singer to fireman.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

The problem with this season besides just being boring is that there are so many unlikeable people on it.

Like Ed had the cute mom that lived with him and then there was Debbie and the cats or Kalani's parents.

Now every single one of these people and their parents are assholes.

• Love 15

Nice try Father Emily. It’s 5 years or 4 plus grad school to become an architect! Than 3 years of working before you can test for a license, in most states. And the pay sucks until you have worked for a long time. 

• Love 8

Why don’t these parents talk to their adult children about how they intend to survive in the US before they bring the potential spouse over?  Don’t they still have to sponsor the person?  Why don’t we hear about that anymore?

• Like 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Why does Kobe have a lot of mouths to feed? Can't Emily help out?

Apparently Papa Emily labors under the delusion that he is a Victorian chimney sweep with seventeen children. "Just a spoonful of gruel each, children!". Sheesh.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Emily's parents do not want her to marry Kobe because he's black. There, I said it. They'd rather she'd stuck with one of her incarcerated exes. 

BUT they can't deny they have a black grandchild.

• Love 4
(edited)

How...how...how...is this all right??  "Our daughter is a moron...so you (who knows zero about our country/culture) need to do EVERYTHING immediately".  Ug.  These people are the WORST!!

Edited by ezzy4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Why does Kobe have a lot of mouths to feed? Can't Emily help out?

Right? Why didn't he sit both of them down together?

Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

At least offer him some fucking tips or help. You’re just berating him and shooting down everything he says. Fucking asshole.

Same. He needs to have both of them sit there and come up with a plan. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Oh boy.  Kobe wants to take over Dad Emily's Architecture practice with a high school degree??

Maybe he could do construction work on his projects?  Maybe he needs to find a nice plumber who is willing to take on an apprentice?

Emily’s father being an architect reminds me of the Brady Bunch. 

Mike Brady was an architect and they only had 1 bathroom in the house also.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I believe that Kobe is a good man, he is in a new country were he doesn't know the customs very well.  I am sure that the idea to take over Emily's dad business did not come from him but from the bimbo.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ezzy4 said:

How...how...how...is this all right??  "Our daughter is a moron...so you (who zero about our cou ntry/culture) need to do EVERYTHING immediately.  Ug.  These people are the WORST!!

But he knocked Emily up and gets to live in the greatest country in the world! He owes them

• Sad 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Apparently Papa Emily labors under the delusion that he is a Victorian chimney sweep with seventeen children. "Just a spoonful of gruel each, children!". Sheesh.

Emily will do her part by breastfeeding Koben through high school.  That sacrifice, however, prevents her from ever holding a full-time job.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"well, yes he's a mixed race, BUT we love him". 

"That's different"

"we don't see color"

People with this mindset would likely include the indefinite article.  At least in my experience.

Edited by OneGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 5