Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Floatingbison said:

Yes, but I mean after the first writers strike, when reality shows really took off.

I still quote some real world lines, like "it wasn't not funny."   

Does anyone remember Puck?  what a douche extraordinare.. he's living off the grid now somewhere in california. I looked him up the other day.

I do. What an asshole. That's when the Real World was interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Welp, you all were on fire and helped me make it through the night!

And that brings the Snarkville chapter of my life to a close. I enjoyed getting to know you all and your witty personalities. These past 2 years have been a lot of fun for me because I always looked forward to the puns, one liners, and commentary you would give us, and you never disappointed!

Unfortunately, some things have to come to a close, and I have decided to retire from snarking on Sundays.

I will still stay on Mondays for the snark on Love in Paradise, which is super tame compared to this shitshow. However, when that ends, it’s over for me.

I won’t be leaving Primetimer altogether though. I encourage you all to message me privately so we can make some small talk. My daughter likes music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s and just recently completed a playlist of songs from 1983 for her school math department. The teachers cannot get enough! So many good songs on there.

I would gladly talk to you about your anecdotes of things past, from MTV to Thriller. And you can also feel free to give me an update on the show, just in case I ask if it’s still a boring slog.

I hope to see you around the forums, and if not, it was a pleasure to get to know you and be with you. I truly thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being the liveliest snark community out there, and I hope to see you all in the next chapter.

“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho

• Hugs 4
  • Love 8

Good luck, Nicole. You’ll need it.

Well, all good things must come to an end, as in Daniele and Johan’s marriage. One iteration of 90 Day ends and another seamlessly begins. It’s like magic! Have a memorable Memorial Day tomorrow and enjoy the rest of the week. Back tomorrow for Trouble in Paradise. Toodles, my loves.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, tvrox said:

I'll say this for Debbie. She doesn't sexually harass every man she sees like Grangella did. 

But I really think she also kind of used Ossama to get on the 90 Day wagon.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Due to an unfortunate landscaping mishap, I am without tv or internet this entire holiday weekend — thanks for the snark to keep me in the loop. I’m starting to think it was a FORTUNATE occurrence tho as it appears I’m not missing much.

Thankful for unlimited data - I’ve figured out how to hook my phone to my laptop and watch Netflix. Off to catch up on the new(ish) season of Indian Matchmaking — I recommend! 👍🏼

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

You were simply marking your territory. That’s one way to keep the wildlife away. 

Groundhog under said deck.

I had a whole family of foxes under my deck this spring— mom, dad & five babies. They would play in the yard like puppies! Beautiful creatures. Alas, they’ve moved on to wilder pastures now that lawn mowing season has arrived.

IMG_2059.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 8

@Hotel Snarker you know we stayed at the Luxor last April because of your avator.  We really liked that it was sort of run down but still gamely pressing on.. In fact I liked it so much I asked Mrs. FB if we can stay there next time we go to Vegas.   Anyway, I thought it was funny... ripples in a pond, spreading out and affecting others . . . .

OMG, I have only seen a fox in the wild once.. that is soo cool @ChiMama

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 3

Danielle is so busy sticking up for her right to be selfish that she can't see that her choosing her friend over Johan's objections sends a signal to him that her friend is more important to her than he is. She's an idiot who vastly overestimates her intellience.

2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

is love after lockup still on hiatus?  I havent seen any activity on the show for a couple weeks?

Yes, I think until July. 😞

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

a landscaping accident?  Did it involve a backhoe?  

I once considered going to a hotel to snark when the internet was down at my house a couple seasons ago.

I don’t know what they did, but they did something. They were just spreading mulch (that’s a job worth paying for until/unless they f up your fiber line). I work remotely, so looks like I have to burn a vacay day on Tuesday too. 😦 Tech is coming “between noon and 4” 🙄

• Sad 6
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So, have Veronica and Jamal broken up? Maybe Taylen's available? Is he too old for Jen? 

Ewwwwwe Veronica and Jamal?.... hope not ever!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I've always asked him to be an equal partner"!! Does she HEAR herself? She calls the shots. Her husband is a Ken doll or something she plays with. 

She's such a manipulative narcissist.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She doesn't want to start from scratch looking for a new boy toy.

Yep, and just when she thinks she’s doomed to being an old spinster along comes ole Debbie’s used to be a cop young son 💘 and with Mama’s approval….. moving right along!

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I had a whole family of foxes under my deck this spring— mom, dad & five babies. They would play in the yard like puppies! Beautiful creatures. Alas, they’ve moved on to wilder pastures now that lawn mowing season has arrived.

IMG_2059.jpeg

What do the foxes say? Ring ding ding da ding da ding da ding!

11 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

@Hotel Snarker you know we stayed at the Luxor last April because of your avator.  We really liked that it was sort of run down but still gamely pressing on.. In fact I liked it so much I asked Mrs. FB if we can stay there next time we go to Vegas.   Anyway, I thought it was funny... ripples in a pond, spreading out and affecting others . . . .

And the myriad number of restaurants from Tender Steakhouse to Rice and Company to Public House and an endless number of your favorite fast food/fast casual choices! Oh, and there’s a Starbucks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

Sorry @Doublemint   hopefully they will be able to figure out what it is. Not to make this about me, but I've had off and on pain in my left abdomen.  I"m afraid to dr google it.

I've been hospitalized twice in the last month with Diverticulitis (lower left abdomen). Nothing to mess with, get it checked!!

• Hugs 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, sauce62 said:

I've been hospitalized twice in the last month with Diverticulitis (lower left abdomen). Nothing to mess with, get it checked!!

Ouch!

I have my own story about trying to figure out why I was in so much pain and get diagnosed, trips to the ER, lots of drinking barium, xrays every which way, it is important to keep going, I feel for you and @Doublemint...these days we have to be our own health advocates.

• Hugs 6

It's not you, it has two different names on the forums lol.  Hopefully I remember to watch tonight.  OT ~ I'm just checking out Match Me Abroad, it actually is not bad ~ so far, the episodes are less than an hour (streaming).... but too early to tell.  Anyone else watching?

• Like 1

You all, I am dying of cringe and embarrassment over here. Anyone seen Debbie’s Instagram, her Twitter? I am now starting to believe she used Oussama for clout and fame to gain notoriety on this TV show. I really am speechless. Just laughing so hard I’m choking on my popcorn. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

You all, I am dying of cringe and embarrassment over here. Anyone seen Debbie’s Instagram, her Twitter? I am now starting to believe she used Oussama for clout and fame to gain notoriety on this TV show. I really am speechless. Just laughing so hard I’m choking on my popcorn. 

That's really quite funny but obviously fake. 

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

No surprise to me at all, she is obviously a major attention whore. 💗💗💗

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

That's really quite funny but obviously fake. 

She really is so obsessed with herself that she has to make these low-rent memes to prove it. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 😆 

You all. This statement will probably sound a little extreme. But I have to let it out nonetheless.

The TOW S4 tell all is the worst 90 Day tell all I have ever had the misfortune of enduring. Periodt. Yes, this even surpasses the recent HEA tell all, which is really saying something since that one was shit. I don’t care what anyone says. I don’t care if we always trash the tell alls because the same thing happens every time, blah blah blah. I don’t care about Pred, Grossgela, Family Potthast, whatever. I’m not kidding. I am saying this with a straight face. This was the WORST 90 DAY TELL ALL EVER for me. And it has permanently deterred me from any future 90 Day series of any kind. Once I get finished with Love in Paradise — oh, and Valentine and Carlos are tops — I am so done. Here is some evidence to hold up my claim:

• It was WAAAAAY too long. Three episodes of fakery and overly scripted off set conversations? I actually appreciate that for TOW’s last season they limited it to one episode and one episode only. It was still a 3/10 for me but at least we could move on quickly to new people and not have to loiter around for what seems like forever on the same folks.
  • I almost forgot Shaun was there altogether.
  • They show the same scenes over and over again and never even bother to elaborate on those scenes.
  • We learned absolutely NOTHING from anyone. Not even the pillbilly.
  • Kris got treated with kiddie gloves. The cast only asked her softball questions and NOBODY CALLED OUT HER PHYSICALLY SHOVING JEYMI.
  • Seeing Jen crying because REESHEE’S MOTHER CALLED ME “OLD”! BOOHOO THAT’S AGE SHAMING!
  • I thought this show was called “The Other Way”. So none of the Americans were remote for the tell all?
  • I cared absolutely zero about Danielle being a bossy bitch to Yohan for the 111th time. Also nothing was mentioned about how she disregarded his wishes about wanting to move to America.
  • Everything about Nicole and Mockmood. Everything. Nicole is not terrible at all but what did she think converting to Islam quickly and marrying a man that practices a culture she knows zilch about?
  • Fucking Tim and Veronica. How they kept bringing them in for “commentary” and then sending them backstage and rinse, repeat. They weren’t just redundant to the show, they were ACTIVELY giving me a headache while watching.

…and so much more. I’m pretty sure I have to come back tomorrow for a Part 2, LOL 😂 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, Floatingbison said:

You never can tell who's packing heat down there!!

Or who has invested in Gabe’s enhancement product, The Bulge-o-Matic. 

• LOL 3
(edited)

did you notice Kris was MIA during the Danielle/Yohan segment? When they showed the studio, there was no one on screen beyond Gabe. When Veronica and Tim came out, her seat was empty. She was shown a couple of times, not saying anything, and those shots could have been spliced in from earlier. She also wasn’t with the others discussing Jen’s video call with Rishi. Then at the very last wrap up scene, she was back. 

IMG_4527.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

did you notice Kris was MIA during the Danielle/Yohan segment? When they showed the studio, there was no one on screen beyond Gabe. When Veronica and Tim came out, her seat was empty. She was shown a couple of times, not saying anything, and those shots could have been spliced in from earlier. She also wasn’t with the others discussing Jen’s video call with Rishi. Then at the very last wrap up scene, she was back. 

IMG_4527.jpeg

I thought she was missing at one point but wasn’t sure. Thanks for confirming.

15 hours ago, magemaud said:

IMG_4527.jpeg

Maybe she was just somewhere in the back room, nodding off…

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Maybe she was just somewhere in the back room, nodding off…

Her neck and her narcolepsy were really acting up? 

She had to take a phone call from the bank telling her that nobody really wants to steal her identity?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I just thought it was funny when they came back from break and Shaun asked where Jen was. The others explained her absence was due to her video call with Rishi. At the very same time, Kris was also not on the set but nobody commented on it. I think we all can guess what she was doing. 

Oooh, wait a minute! What happened to Kris's centipede earrings? 

IMG_4529.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her neck and her narcolepsy were really acting up? 

She had to take a phone call from the bank telling her that nobody really wants to steal her identity?

She had a flare up of health injuries.

7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just thought it was funny when they came back from break and Shaun asked where Jen was. The others explained her absence was due to her video call with Rishi. At the very same time, Kris was also not on the set but nobody commented on it. I think we all can guess what she was doing. 

Oooh, wait a minute! What happened to Kris's centipede earrings? 

IMG_4529.jpeg

That blue thingy…is that a BRA?

• LOL 1