Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E15: Power of Veto #5

• Start Topic

A couple of reminders going forward for the rest of the season: first off, as stated in the pinned mod note at the top of the forum, NO live feeds talk in any of the episode threads. You will receive a warning if you discuss anything that does not happen or is not said in the episode. Please remember this going forward, as this is the LAST reminder of the season. 

Second off, and most importantly, we understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. Be kind to your fellow posters. And, if you can't disagree civilly, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. 

Enjoy the episode!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I like Derex, but man I would not do anything the way he does it.  He makes me crazy.  Maybe he's smarter than I am, I don't know.  Only time will tell!

Christian looks like Justin Timerblake and kind of talks like him too.  His attitude "Doesn't matter the Joker" like they're all interchangeable rejects.  LOL.  Xavier and Christian care about the OG teams soooooooooooo much.

I do love the way DereF and Azah care about Britney.

Oh man do I hate SB for pretending to cry when Derex was going to take the $5K but I'm even more angry at Derex for falling for it.  That. Made. Me. So. Mad.  Can anyone explain how that was possibly a good idea for him?  He was obviously not going to end up with the POV no matter what, and he said he didn't even WANT IT!!!!!   UGH!!!!!!!

• Love 5

What the hell did I miss?  Why the fuck did Derek tell Alyssa?  Why wouldn’t he just put Christian up LIKE HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO without blabbing it to the entire house?  And then complain about how difficult this is?  IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT IDIOT.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

What the hell did I miss?  Why the fuck did Derek tell Alyssa?  Why wouldn’t he just put Christian up LIKE HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO without blabbing it to the entire house?  And then complain about how difficult this is?  IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT IDIOT.

Derek X. does that with every single decision he's about to make.  He thinks it makes the people in the house like him so he's not in danger next week.  (This is what HE thinks - not what I think.)

• Love 5

Strategy aside, tonight's episode was SO silly and light, and as usual I really enjoyed it. I've probably laughed out loud more times this season than any other BB season I can remember. And for me, it's so refreshing to be watching a houseful of people I don't have to try to like. I just like them. Hannah and Azah are currently my favourites, but Claire and Derex are close behind, and honestly, I quite like everyone else. 

Alyssa is probably my least favourite, because I don't think she has a sense of humour and I do think she thinks she's the prettiest one there, but compared to some of the trolls from other seasons, she's an angel. 

I do think Derex's strategy and gameplay will probably get him evicted before long, but what a nice guy, and how cute he looks in his furs. Such a good sport. 

That's it. I have nothing negative to say right now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I may be losing it, but do they ever hold over the results of the veto meeting until the Thursday episode?  That made me cranky, lol.  I don't care whether or not it's good for Derex's game, I just want Christian on the block!  I don't hate him, but the "Kings" have been getting too wrapped up in their own awesomeness and need to be taken down a peg.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I may be losing it, but do they ever hold over the results of the veto meeting until the Thursday episode?  That made me cranky, lol.  I don't care whether or not it's good for Derex's game, I just want Christian on the block!  I don't hate him, but the "Kings" have been getting too wrapped up in their own awesomeness and need to be taken down a peg.  

I swear, what is this The Bachelor?!?!?!?!?!??!? Freaking cliffhanger!

• LOL 8
22 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I do think Derex's strategy and gameplay will probably get him evicted before long, but what a nice guy, and how cute he looks in his furs.

He is cute and he has really nice arms........ --- remember the challenge he won for HOH, he was all wet........

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I wanted to scream at DerekX. You are HOH, don’t try to get a consensus  on who you’re going to blindside. Face it, once they are gone for the most part it’s every man for themselves.  Very weak play for someone I thought was a contender.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Mr. Melina, who is totally into BB this season for the first time, was SO ANNOYED! He went off to bed grumbling about having to wait till tomorrow night to find out what happened, and threatening to find spoilers on the internet. He's hooked! 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I can't remember it ever being done, honestly. Doesn't mean they haven't I just don't ever remember it happening. I guess it is to build suspense for the live show on Thurs. , but anyone who really wants to know can find out what happened. This isn't 'Who Shot JR'  ( kind of showing my age there !). But maybe most of the viewing public doesn't check online ?

Derekx's punishment would probably make me self-evict if I had to do it ! I would not like getting out of bed to let people use the can ! If I get woke up like that, I have a hard time going back to sleep. And then I'm in a bad mood the next day. I'm not sure even $750 K would be worth the hassle ( of course, I'd probably feel differently if I was actually in the house.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I wanted to scream at DerekX. You are HOH, don’t try to get a consensus  on who you’re going to blindside. Face it, once they are gone for the most part it’s every man for themselves.  Very weak play for someone I thought was a contender.

And you can't call it a blindside when you confess everything to the person's biggest ally!

• Love 11

Rule number one of blindsides... it's really not a BLINDside anymore when you tell everyone including your TARGET that you are thinking of putting them up!! You dumbass! I really thought Dx had more sense in him than this, he's obviously knows the game but it NOT prepared or fir to PLAY it. He cowered from taking the 5 grand and now he's doubting whether he should take the shot he planned to. Weak. And unwise really bad horrible gameplay. He has too much feeling in the game for his own good.

He'll probably get put up next week either way, so he might as well go down swinging. Dude I had so much hope for you...

• Love 11

Well, that was without a doubt some of the worst game play I have ever seen.

Derek had this in the bag and then he tells Christian's CLOSEST companion...his ride or die? WTF?!

and Christian was little better...trying to save himself he flat out says he WILL eventually come after Derek? Why would Derek wait for that if he can take you out now?

With that said if Derek caves he might as well turn in his man card and call it a life.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 8

I am stunned at how smart the house has been in getting rid of the strongest players/"beasts".  

Christian was stoopid to not come at Derek earlier with his long-game argument.  If Derek was gonna agree, he needed time to ruminate about it.  

Sarah's anger and bitterness was exceedingly off-putting to me.  You think you're so special that you are above being in that seat?  Get over yourself.  Better yet, don't.  You'll make yourself a bigger target..

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Physically stronger?  Perhaps.  Stronger in terms of all around game play?  I don't think that is the case.

Christian felt comfortable, that will be his downfall.  Claire feels even more comfortable, that will be her downfall as well.  I only watch the televised episodes, is Claire still actively playing the game?  It doesn't seem like it since she has gotten less airtime in the house than the fish tank that was removed years ago.

I am sure other house guest's will show that exact type of behavior at some point in time.  Too many people in the house have gotten too comfortable.

The thing is being physically strong means you either team up with other bros and dominate or gets most of the house worshiping you and handing you the game. After Christian there is only Xavier left so that cuts out half of winning strategy in that scenario. What is different about X though is that he actually has played a really good game to this point considering the twist(s) they've had thus far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was terrified for Alyssa's long skinny neck during that stupid competition.  You never make people jerk their necks real fast for several minutes!  I know a woman who had a stroke in her 20's from turning her neck too far too fast. 

Derekx thinks people wont be mad if he just tells them ahead of time.  He reminds me of all the people I know who are chronically late but think it's okay because they called.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I really, really hate that DX revealed his plan to backdoor Alyssa/Christian and Xavier (and pretty much everybody) before the veto meeting.

I went from "wow, he's brilliant!" when he told SB and warned her if she blabbed his plan, he'd put up Alyssa next to her instead to "dude, whyyyyyy?"

Christian/Alyssa/X would have been ticked no matter what but guess what? There would have been nothing they could do about it.

He should have just said at the veto meeting that "I have my reasons and" (he looks at Christian and Alyssa pointedly) "you know what they are, and that's all I'm going to say." And left it at that.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Lol, I said to my dog, we have less than a minute, what is happening? I have never seen them do that before.  A cliffhanger?

22 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I really, really hate that DX revealed his plan to backdoor Alyssa/Christian and Xavier (and pretty much everybody) before the veto meeting.

I went from "wow, he's brilliant!" when he told SB and warned her if she blabbed his plan, he'd put up Alyssa next to her instead to "dude, whyyyyyy?"

Christian/Alyssa/X would have been ticked no matter what but guess what? There would have been nothing they could do about it.

He should have just said at the veto meeting that "I have my reasons and" (he looks at Christian and Alyssa pointedly) "you know what they are, and that's all I'm going to say." And left it at that.

Right. I couldn't believe he told Alyssa wtf? 

I like Derek X and have enjoyed his game but that was just stupid. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I was terrified for Alyssa's long skinny neck during that stupid competition.  You never make people jerk their necks real fast for several minutes!  I know a woman who had a stroke in her 20's from turning her neck too far too fast. 

What were they thinking with that one? That looked very dangerous!

• Love 4

Man, Derex really second guesses every decision he makes.  And his face shows that instant regret.  He's probably better being a reactor than a decider--remember his stone cold poker face when Brent was going on and on about his body of intelligence, and how that was keeping him in the game?  Where was that face last night right after he succumbed to Sarah Beth's sad eyes and let her keep her prize?

That said, I think his turn as "Lord of the Loo" (not quite right but I can't remember) was a hilarious punishment--particularly with how the other hamsters, uh, hammed it up about it.  But poor Tiffany, trudging upstairs to ask Derex to let her in to the bathroom to pee, then both trudging back downstairs so Derex could make the announcement...then Big Brother telling Derex to do better...then a despairing, half asleep Derex whispering desperately "I really can't...."  Comedy gold.

I suppose we'll see Kyland's and Claire's and who else's? punishments on the Thursday show.  That's a lot to pack into Thursday's episode though....the remaining slapstick comedy of the other punishments, the VETO MEETING (grrrr), the vote, the goodbye, and new HOH comp. 

And I've got to say, happiness really changes Britini's face.  She just glowed last night.  It was good to see!

• Love 3

As I understood it, DX thought giving Alyssa a heads-up would (a) soften the shock of the blindside for her and (b) make Alyssa less likely to hold it against DX in future game activity.
I normally consider DX to be a fairly intelligent guy, but THAT move was about as sharp as a sackful of bowling balls.  
Sorry dude - but regardless of how much you want there to be a way, there’s NO way you’re going to blindside somebody’s primary game partner AND make them okay with it.  
Reminds me of an acquaintance who has augured it in on multiple personal relationships over the years with reckless behavior; as near as I can figure, she thinks the fact she wants everybody to be okay with her antics somehow equates to there being some magic formula or set of circumstances where everybody will be okay with her antics - she just has to figure out that formula, and everything and everybody will be great with whatever she does.
Ain’t gonna happen.  Purely wishful thinking, that.

• Love 5

I like Derek X and have enjoyed his game but that was just stupid. 

It was but I think this group of hammies, even above and beyond jury management, are having a  hard time being cut throat with one another, because so few of them are total assholes, they legitimately like one another. I kind like that it's affecting their games this way the hammies doing dumb stuff is generally better to watch (aka them rolling v. chaos). But it's still early and there is nothing hamsters like to do more than demonize a player they want to get out.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blixie said:

It was but I think this group of hammies, even above and beyond jury management, are having a  hard time being cut throat with one another, because so few of them are total assholes, they legitimately like one another. I kind like that it's affecting their games this way the hammies doing dumb stuff is generally better to watch (aka them rolling v. chaos). But it's still early and there is nothing hamsters like to do more than demonize a player they want to get out.

You're right. I like that most are likeable. It does change how they play. 

Brittani , Christian and Big D are my least favorite players. But i dont hate them. The producers did a good job finding decent people to play.

• Love 3

I, for one, am really sick of hearing "it's too soon, it's too soon, it's too soon" to go after so-and-so. That's how those people end up being in the final 2. You don't wait until you're down to the Final 4 to target a major threat when the odds of beating that person grow exponentially slimmer every week. God help us all, Frenchie had the right idea. You get out the obvious threats and you do it immediately. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, leocadia said:

I may be losing it, but do they ever hold over the results of the veto meeting until the Thursday episode? 

It has been done at least once that I can remember.   I can't remember, however, whether they will show [the nominee] in the Chair O'Doom at the start of the show or if Julie Chen Moonves goes straight to some more flashbacks about the conflict and then takes us to the veto ceremony.  They must hide the nominees at the beginning, or there wouldn't be any reason to try and hide the nominee's identity.  

The most interesting thing about this to me is that unlike most back door situations, it is really unclear who would go out.  If Christian is chosen, I can't tell who would go.  If the nominee is someone else, I can't tell who would go.  Of course, I haven't been watching closely this season and I don't know enough about alliances to be able to tell where the house would lean.  Sara Beth seems fairly popular.  Brittani probably would have gone if she'd stayed on the block, if only from fears that the rest of the houseguests would run out of Kleenix.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I, for one, am really sick of hearing "it's too soon, it's too soon, it's too soon" to go after so-and-so. That's how those people end up being in the final 2. You don't wait until you're down to the Final 4 to target a major threat when the odds of beating that person grow exponentially slimmer every week. God help us all, Frenchie had the right idea. You get out the obvious threats and you do it immediately. 

#AlyssaWasPushed 

• LOL 4

In a single episode, DereX went from being my new favorite (because he was willing to actually play the friggin' game) to being someone else I can't stand because he's an idiot who lets his emotions get in the way. "Please, please don't do this Derek." "Aww, OK. You look sad, I'll do what you want." "Oh, Alyssa, I'm gonna blindside that guy you're sleeping with, but don't tell him. K? Thanks!"

Never mind me liking him. I'll just go back to rooting for X who is also starting to annoy the hell out of me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I get that they are in a fishbowl of sorts and they think, and breathe the show while on it, but I'm tired of Brit crying when she is nommed.  It happens!! Chill. 

Derex's punishment was kind of funny. 

I also hate when people like SB beg for people not to take away a prize. Sorry. It's part of the game. When Alyssa was expressing disbelief in SB not taking the veto, I was wondering if she doesn't understand how that game works. No way would SB have ended up with it anyway. 

The neck back and forth thing made my neck hurt just watching. Ouch! 

Edited by Cherry Cola
Spelling
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

It's part of the game. When Alyssa was expressing disbelief in SB not taking the veto, I was wondering if she doesn't understand how that game works. No way would SB have ended up with it anyway. 

The neck back and forth thing made my neck hurt just watching. Ouch! 

Exactly... all the outrage because SB took the money not the veto when she'd definitely have ended up with another punishment instead. That being said DX should have grabbed that shit! At least he would have gotten something out of the season beside the trophy for "Worst 'Blindside' Evar"

I tried that head motion a few times on my couch and decided I'd have just said 'She can have the veto...'

• Love 4