Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E13: Eviction #4, HOH #5

• Start Topic

Why can't Big Derek say "I vote to evict" correctly?

Why do they do all that hugging and "I love you"s? You must not love her too much, you just voted her ass out.

You would think that seeing the black and white photos and who has been targeted might give some of the houseguests a clue. Maybe not.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

People legitimately liked Whitney, didn't they? It was comical how utterly clueless she was when Julie asked her why she thought she was voted out. But the goodbyes were very kind. I love that Azah admitted to her crush. 

The Cookout strategy as laid out by Tiffany is brilliant. I'm not going to say foolproof because nothing is, but it's ingenious, and could be incredibly hard to detect. Plus it has one extra dimension we haven't seen before, and may never see again, namely that the Cookout members have a reason for staying loyal above and beyond their wish to win the money. This could make all the difference, and could carry them past the usual squabbles that destroy alliances. The non-CO members are going to have a hard fight, not least because they don't know they're non-CO members. 

Somebody please forbid the hamsters from sending family messages after their votes. Enough already. Thank you X for not doing it. 

How did the houseguests manage to look so cold and bedraggled after 14 seconds of getting rained on? Derek F will certainly be out fast. I'm not sure about the others. Christian would have been great but he's not participating. Alyssa is tiny and could maybe do it. 

To the list of people Hannah looks like, according to all of us here, I want to add Cher. I was watching a young, laughing Cher on a documentary last night, and giggly Hannah tonight looked so much like her. Her and Derek X were being very cute. Even Julie giggled. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Man these DR shot-outs need to be stopped. NOW. From here on out:  You come in, wait for Julie to say hello, cast your vote and move SILENTLY toward the exit. Period. That's it. 🙄 Let's get this done.

So basically the Cookout is really a mega-alliance of 12 then?? Sheez... and with the teams dissolved so it's not another alliance that you feel tied to? Well, I guess they really can stamp their jury tickets now...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

This caused the biggest laugh at my house tonight. "I sadly to evote Whitney." What is this even about, three weeks in a row? Julie has started repeating his votes in English afterwards. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Deref is dyslexic and has problems with his words occasionally. It's more obvious on live shows but he does it occasionally in the house, too.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Don't mind me, just slipping in some thoughts halfway through my watch.

I loved Tiffany from the jump, but she's losing me now.

1.  DON'T SHOW EVERYONE HOW SMART YOU ARE.  Did anyone else have major flashbacks to when Michaela in Millennials vs. Gen X spelled out the whole entire game, using rocks instead, and Jay IMMEDIATELY voted her out for being too smart?  Now I know this is a thing, white people voting out Black women for being too smart --- but --- BE CONSCIOUS OF IT!  Hide your intelligence!

2.  Getting mad because nobody responded with a "good morning".  Oh god.  Flashbacks to a certain coworker like this before Covid.  I can't.  I cannot.  I'm not a morning person.  There is a certain type of person who will scream GOOD MORNING at me every single day for 1 year straight even though I've made it politely clear I'm not a morning person and I was always running in (sneaking) into the office late and I very very rarely say it back.  Oh ... god.  Meanwhile I'll sit next to some people for 5+ years and they never scream "Good morning" at me, but we love each other all the same, you know what I mean?  They just "get it".

I feel really really bad pointing this out but after several weeks..... Derek F seems to go a bit dyslexic (stage fright?) when he has to say "I sadly vote to evict".  Poor guy 😔   Julie finally pointed it out this time.  

Even S.B. voted for Whitney?  God. DAMN

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Don't mind me, just slipping in some thoughts halfway through my watch.

I loved Tiffany from the jump, but she's losing me now.

1.  DON'T SHOW EVERYONE HOW SMART YOU ARE.  Did anyone else have major flashbacks from when Michaela in Millennials vs. Gen X spelled out the whole entire game, using rocks instead, and Jay IMMEDIATELY voted her out for being too smart?  Now I know this is a thing, white people voting out Black women for being too smart --- but --- BE CONSCIOUS OF IT!  Hide your intelligence!

2.  Getting mad because nobody responded with a "good morning".  Oh god.  Flashbacks to a certain coworker like this before Covid.  I can't.  I cannot.  I'm not a morning person.  There is a certain type of person who will scream GOOD MORNING at me every single day for 1 year straight even though I've made it politely clear I'm not a morning person and I was always running in (sneaking) into the office late and I very very rarely say it back.  Oh ... god.  Meanwhile I'll work with some people 5 years in a row and they never scream "Good morning" at me, but we love each other all the same, you know what I mean?  They just "get it".

I feel really really bad pointing this out but after several weeks..... Derek F seems to go a bit dyslexic when he has to say "I sadly vote to evict".  Poor guy :(.   Julie finally pointed it out this time.  

I know this isn’t a Survivor thread, but the Michaela vote out made ZERO sense in my mind. All for what? Trying to gather numbers so she, Jay, Will and Hannah could have the majority at the merge? That seems basic enough, and why Jay voted her out for that was beyond me. 

• Love 2

"Good morning"s are cursed in this house. BB20's Bayleigh versus Tyler showdown where Bayleigh started bleeding from the mouth as she was yelling? Had its start as a "good morning!" gone awry. Just don't say good morning to anyone in the house. Much safer that way.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Personally I loved the "we might change the vote" fake out of Christian getting riled about Hannah potentially trying to manipulate him which was instigated by Alyssa, who would NEVER manipulate him to get what she wants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Somebody please forbid the hamsters from sending family messages after their votes. Enough already. Thank you X for not doing it.

Yes to this. So annoying.

And I personally have a pet peeve about people saying "good morning" to me. I find it annoying, especially at work.

Man, people on Facebook are really mad at The Cookout for being racist and are blaming CBS. Someone mentioned that it was suspicious that Julie outed the Royal Flush to Whitney, but not The Cookout. 

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Someone mentioned that it was suspicious that Julie outed the Royal Flush to Whitney, but not The Cookout. 

I did notice that and think it was weird, but I don’t think there’s any way Julie could actually say out loud “And also, all the Black members of the house formed an alliance together” without causing all kinds of uproar. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 2

I understand their reason for the “cookout” alliance & support it fully,but building a team solely on race may seem all happy, unicorns & rainbows at the start but sooner or later you gotta realize that you all have different ways of playing the game & you’re skin color has nothing to do with it. 

At this point I am hoping Xavier wins, He’s never gonna throw a comp,Being lawyer  he’s doesn’t let personal feelings effect his game, He’s actually staying true about no showman , when he could have easily lied to Azah to benefit his game. He doesn’t list his whole family tree during live evictions. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Future season can get real ugly.

This is true. I'm really enjoying watching the CO strategy but it's a double edged sword. I wouldn't want to see it repeated in any iteration in other seasons. Once is enough. 

ETA I meant I don't want a future strategy where alliances are based on race, but I do love the CO strategy of masking your alliance with carefully chosen unwitting partners for each alliance member. It forms a smokescreen that's hard to see through. 

That said, most alliances crumble pretty fast. Without the motivation of being the first all-POC alliance, I'm not sure if another alliance could manage anything this complex without fracturing. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 3

I noticed that Julie said the viewers will have an opportunity to influence the game this week. It made me wonder if they’re going to do that thing where the public votes to give someone a power and that power will allow them to change nominees. I am a firm supporter of The Cookout, but I do believe TPTB know that their mostly white viewing audience is not going to like watching the POC steamroll through the house. I don’t think they’re going to let it happen. Which is absolutely unfair, when they let white alliances dominate the game for years because their affinities were unspoken.

22 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

You are totally missing the point.  The point is that if this plays out the way the Cookout wants it to play out, that opens the door in future seasons for groups to steamroll in the opposite direction, and no one can complain about the motivation behind it, because they will point back to this season and how things played out to justify their actions.  That can get real ugly.  Future season can get real ugly.

I don't like divisiveness.

“Groups in the opposite direction” (which means white people in this discussion) have steamrolled for years on every single competition reality show in history except for that one time on Survivor where they broke up tribes by race. There’s several reasons for this. Most of the time the producers will select a majority white cast with a few POC sprinkled in and so there’s never really a chance for the POC to join forces and make up a majority with power. This mimics the power structure in American society as a whole.

On top of that, white reality show competitors tend to automatically form alliances with people like them, so we would often see majority white alliances on shows like Big Brother. And when audiences would complain about it, the white cast would just say they didn’t notice the race of the people they aligned with; they simply aligned because they naturally felt comfortable together. It’s the privilege of the majority to not have to think about why they gravitate toward people like them; it just seems “natural.” Where as when you are a minority, you have to make efforts to look for and seek out people like you.

And yeah, from here on out, houseguests are going to say they should get rid of the POC before they form an alliance and it’ll be the same paranoia that leads the men to scapegoat women cuz “womenz uhlliance”. Only dudebros tend to be able to form automatic alliances, and the other houseguests only stay quiet about it because they don’t want to make themselves a target.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Man, people on Facebook are really mad at The Cookout for being racist and are blaming CBS.

Not surprised Facebook doesn't know the actual definition of racism (and this isn't it), but okay.

9 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Someone mentioned that it was suspicious that Julie outed the Royal Flush to Whitney, but not The Cookout. 

Because the Cookout isn't an alliance. It's an agreement. I don't remember who said it, maybe Tiffany, but the word "alliance" never crossed their lips. It's an agreement to work together, which yes: semantics, but I don't think anyone has ever said "alliance." It's like a final 2 deal -- I don't think those get outed either.

1 hour ago, lids said:

I am a firm supporter of The Cookout, but I do believe TPTB know that their mostly white viewing audience is not going to like watching the POC steamroll through the house.

Really? I feel like the audience must be enjoying this not-dudebro + pretty girl-dominated season. And whomst is the white person behind which they shall throw their support? I can't imagine it's Britni or Sarah Beth. And Claire is safe til jury. That leaves Christian, which ... is he really that popular? Because Derek X is a POC, as is Alyssa.

On the contrary, I feel like this might be to help the Cookout succeed.

ETA: And on Survivor, Jay voted Michaela out because Michaela mentioned targeting Michelle, who was his primary alliance. He said as much in post-season interviews.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Man, people on Facebook are really mad at The Cookout for being racist and are blaming CBS. Someone mentioned that it was suspicious that Julie outed the Royal Flush to Whitney, but not The Cookout. 

I've read that it was so that Whitney would understand why Christian, the HOH, nominated her and why he didn't backdoor DX, as she suggested...Christian and DX both being members of Royal Flush and having no knowledge of Cookout.

47 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh noooooo hahahahahahahahah I missed this

When everyone does shout outs after voting, Tiffany said "Happy birthday, me!"

Then when Julie called them all to the living room so she could reveal the "no more teams,' Tiffany yelled out "Tell me happy birthday, Julie!"

Julie did, but can you imagine if she hadn't! The way that Tiffany got mad when she wasn't told "Good Morning"...now Julie would see that wrath. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Then when Julie called them all to the living room so she could reveal the "no more teams,' Tiffany yelled out "Tell me happy birthday, Julie!"

Julie did, but can you imagine if she hadn't! The way that Tiffany got mad when she wasn't told "Good Morning"...now Julie would see that wrath. 😂

I am finding this very amusing.  Thank you.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I forgot the "good morning fiasco." If you want me to say "good morning," you should probably wait until I'm well caffeinated and it's after 11 AM.  Just another example of me not being able to stand the hamsters. 

I'd share my thoughts that my wife and I have about the Cookout, but I'm pretty sure I'd be crucified.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

Really? I feel like the audience must be enjoying this not-dudebro + pretty girl-dominated season. And whomst is the white person behind which they shall throw their support? I can't imagine it's Britni or Sarah Beth. And Claire is safe til jury. That leaves Christian, which ... is he really that popular? Because Derek X is a POC, as is Alyssa.

On the contrary, I feel like this might be to help the Cookout succeed.

Jokers has Derex and Claire in the top 2 fav houseguest spots. In fact, there are 3 non cookout members in the top 5, Sarah Beth being the other one.

ETA: And on Survivor, Jay voted Michaela out because Michaela mentioned targeting Michelle, who was his primary alliance. He said as much in post-season interviews.

Yikes, help me out, I don’t remember the names from back then at all. How does this relate to the discussion? I assume it’s in the context of the 1 Survivor season where there were majority POC?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, lids said:

Yikes, help me out, I don’t remember the names from back then at all. How does this relate to the discussion? I assume it’s in the context of the 1 Survivor season where there were majority POC?

On Millennials vs Gen X, Michaela, a Black woman on the millennial tribe, broke down a post-merge strategy for her millennial alliance members, Jay and Will, using seashells, much in the same way Tiffany broke down her strategy using chess pieces (though Tiffany's strategy, I have to say, was far more coherent). Jay and Will then decided this meant they had to get rid of Michaela. In fact, they kept saying it ad nauseum ("She's so intelligent!" "I know, she's so intelligent!") and they did blindside her. (google "Michaela survivor blindside," very memorable.)

They actually used the same "we can't keep her 'cause she's too smart" logic that Sarah Beth used to try to boot Hannah this week, and that is always used to get rid of Black women on reality shows ("help, they're too smart!") and very rarely to get rid of anyone else. Which is why I side-eyed Sarah Beth for recycling that old trope.

Interesting stats about houseguest popularity. Not surprised about Derek X, a little shocked about Claire, but stunned about Sarah Beth. It now makes me wonder if the America Votes will help protect Derek X from the Cookout majority. Hmmm.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Not surprised Facebook doesn't know the actual definition of racism (and this isn't it), but okay.

I don't belong to Facebook but my definition of racism must match theirs.  Racism is discrimination against people on the basis of their race. 

I found the Cookout, based as it is on skin color alone, sort of uncomfortable to begin with, but now that they're planning to  pick out five people outside their preferred color to lie to, until their time comes to be picked off, downright ugly. I know lying happens in Big Brother, but  lying to someone based on skin color alone is a new one to me.

I'm not so sure it's happened in the other direction in past.  I haven't watched every season, but I can't remember an alliance made up of every single white person in the house with the only people left out being people of color, who were then voted out all in a row.  If it did happen it was wrong and two wrongs never do make a right.

5 hours ago, lids said:

Most of the time the producers will select a majority white cast with a few POC sprinkled in and so there’s never really a chance for the POC to join forces and make up a majority with power. This mimics the power structure in American society as a whole.

This mimics the population in American society as a whole.

I don't like Tiffany as a BB cast member because she speaks too softly and I can't hear most of what she says.   I don't  think she's too smart.  Nobody really needed a chess board to understand that 6+5 makes 11 so the six should find five people to form fake alliances with until they get down to eleven.

• Love 11

I did lol at Whitney's delusional thoughts about being the biggest threat,and at making big moves. Then I thought of course she thought that. Even though I like Hannah, she's the one who is a better player and strategically between those two, should have been voted out. So of course Whitney thought that about herself.  She's very pretty but  biggest threat lol.

Tiffany did a great job laying out the plan.

Christian had me rolling with his walk ,omg I actually rewound it twice. 

• Love 1

Because he's a dumbass?

I appreciate the more diverse cast this year, but I'm still hoping against hope that some day the token gay guy won't be some cringe-worthy cartoon. Apparently being intelligent or attractive are immediate disqualifiers for the role.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:
7 hours ago, lids said:

Most of the time the producers will select a majority white cast with a few POC sprinkled in and so there’s never really a chance for the POC to join forces and make up a majority with power. This mimics the power structure in American society as a whole.

Expand  

This mimics the population in American society as a whole.

Absolutely. Demographics are changing, but for right now, The American demo is majority white with the majority exercising inordinate power over minorities - hence white supremacy. Even though the US is diverse, there are many regions that are still largely majority white. Those regions make up a large part of BB viewing audience, hence, why BB tries to appease them. And those viewers are going to see a black alliance vote out white players and be incensed by the “racism” of it all, all while largely ignoring the inequality that goes on around them every day. It’s like, this is the hill people want to die on?

Topic: I see the CO as a consequence of years of inequality. To me, it’s no different than if the women were to actually form a gender-based alliance and each attached themselves to a guy while one-by-one voting them out. I would find that fascinating and root for the women knowing that you don’t see that in society and we would probably never see that on BB again. I also know that even if CO wins, the same Barbie-looking usual houseguests are still going to be fan favorites and have the most Insta-followers and get the most endorsement deals, so this stream roll is not something I’m going to shed tears over.

It was all fair. The black houseguests came in as a minority group. They were just smart enough to figure out that they needed each other to win. I’m still not even sure if a CO member will win! It’s exciting to me. YMMV, so I can also see how some would find this boring.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm not so sure it's happened in the other direction in past.  I haven't watched every season, but I can't remember an alliance made up of every single white person in the house with the only people left out being people of color, who were then voted out all in a row.  If it did happen it was wrong and two wrongs never do make a right.

LOL this happened just last season

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL this happened just last season

Then I'm glad I didn't watch last season. I'm not "incensed" by this Cookout thing, but I definitely think there are better reasons to form alliances than matching skin pigment.

• Love 5

I think Derek would be able to say "I vote to evict..."   if he practiced it, and just said it straight -   no "sadly" added, because that just messes him up.  It's the two words, both with the letter V, vote and Evict, that he trips over.  I wonder if he even knows he does it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Deref is dyslexic and has problems with his words occasionally. It's more obvious on live shows but he does it occasionally in the house, too.

He sure has no problem rambling off all the names for the shout outs afterward! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I've read that it was so that Whitney would understand why Christian, the HOH, nominated her and why he didn't backdoor DX, as she suggested...Christian and DX both being members of Royal Flush and having no knowledge of Cookout.

Tiffany was ridiculous with the "Tell me happy birthday, Julie!!!!!!!!!" Good grief. 

4 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I could practice reading a speech in front of a mirror all day long without a problem.  Put me in front of an audience after all of that practice, and I will puke on my shoes.  I choke under pressure, absolutely choke.

To cast his vote DerF is sitting in the DR in front of a camera, not on a stage in front of an audience - at least, no more of an audience than the DR staff with whom he’s already interacting on a daily basis.

Edited by Nashville
Reducing wordiness
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

True, but I am sure he also knows that what he does in front of that camera is being seen by millions of people, and in this situation, the camera is solely focused on him, and it is live.

Yeah, sure - but other than “Hello Julie”, DerF only has to deliver one line consisting of five words: “I vote to evict <name>.”  And DerF has screwed it up every time on the last 4 eviction votes:

1. ”I cast to evict Alyssa.”
  2. “I sadly to evict Britini.”
  3. “I sadly to evote Brent.”
  4. “I sadly to evote the beautiful Whitney.”

As it happens, #1 was the closest to reasonable; since then, he’s devolved.  At this point if DerF isn’t screwing it up on purpose, you’d think the law of averages would have him stumbling across a reasonably close approximation of functional wording at least once by now.

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think Derek would be able to say "I vote to evict..."   if he practiced it, and just said it straight -   no "sadly" added, because that just messes him up.  It's the two words, both with the letter V, vote and Evict, that he trips over.  I wonder if he even knows he does it.  

I think it's also the EE sounds like I sadLY vote to EVict ______.  He keeps switching them up : ( 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

Yes to this. So annoying.

And I personally have a pet peeve about people saying "good morning" to me. I find it annoying, especially at work.

Weeks ago as a POC myself I expressed feeling uncomfortable about The Cookout. The longer it goes on the more I do. There is no escaping the fact that this forum and the internet in general would be in an uproar if a group of white people banded together just for that reason. I would not like that anymore than I like The Cookout doing it. There's just something that feels untoward about the whole thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I could practice reading a speech in front of a mirror all day long without a problem.  Put me in front of an audience after all of that practice, and I will puke on my shoes.  I choke under pressure, absolutely choke.

I'm talking about practicing saying 4 words  - I Vote to Evict - not a whole speech.  He's getting the words mixed up, saying it a few times before voting would help him.  The words ARE tough, as the repetition of the 'T'  and 'V' sounds are tripping him up.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Yeah, sure - but other than “Hello Julie”, DerF only has to deliver one line consisting of five words: “I vote to evict <name>.”  And DerF has screwed it up every time on the last 4 eviction votes:

1. ”I cast to evict Alyssa.”
  2. “I sadly to evict Britini.”
  3. “I sadly to evote Brent.”
  4. “I sadly to evote the beautiful Whitney.”

As it happens, #1 was the closest to reasonable; since then, he’s devolved.  At this point if DerF isn’t screwing it up on purpose, you’d think the law of averages would have him stumbling across a reasonably close approximation of functional wording at least once by now.

Thank you for putting that together.   And I maintain, if Derek would lose the "sadly"  and the "beautiful"  he could learn to say the simple 4 words, then a name, if he practiced a few times before the vote.   You can DO it, Derek!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Weeks ago as a POC myself I expressed feeling uncomfortable about The Cookout. The longer it goes on the more I do. There is no escaping the fact that this forum and the internet in general would be in an uproar if a group of white people banded together just for that reason. I would not like that anymore than I like The Cookout doing it. There's just something that feels untoward about the whole thing.

Amen. The voice of reason. 

I agree. 

• Love 4

There is no escaping the fact that this forum and the internet in general would be in an uproar if a group of white people banded together just for that reason. I would not like that anymore than I like The Cookout doing it. There's just something that feels untoward about the whole thing.

Oh, I don't know. If these people have ever seen this show they know how this works. This is the first time there has ever been more than two token people of color. Frankly I don't blame them for banding together. The history of this show speaks for itself. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I am certainly not discounting your view, but I feel that a group of black people banding together on basis of race to win BB is much different than white people banding together on basis of race to win BB. 

Here’s how I see it:

First of all, they are not doing it because they hate white people or are uncomfortable aligning with them. They are doing it in order to inspire, change a narrative, and ensure a black person finally has a chance to win the game. White people do not need to do any of these things because there’s been no lack of white winners or white role models in the game. If they were to align on basis of race, there could be no reason other than personal bias.

And even though this is a self-contained game show, it’s also a microcosm of the world at large. Racism and lack of opportunity are an undeniable part of the black experience. In order to move ahead, black people have often had to rely on one another to open doors and create hospitable environments within the white power structure.  (Same goes for women.) 

It would be unreasonable to expect players of any color to discard their biases and experiences when entering the BB house. These black players are supporting one another because that’s how they’ve learned to survive, and thrive in the world at large. Black players banding together is an effort to break down the existing power structure. White players banding together is perpetuation of the same.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
22 hours ago, North of Eden said:

My wife is a POC and absolutely hates the way the CO is operating. She believes (and I fully agree) that making a decision to create a group based solely on skin color is racist. Whether they're doing in response to racism that they've experienced or not, it doesn't make the group itself any less racist in its nature. 

• Love 11

I guess it shows my interest level in this season that I haven't even made an attempt to find out who won the endurance comp this week.

I'm squarely in the middle as far as interest goes, not excited or disappointed this season is just kind of going along...

• Love 1
22 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

My wife is a POC and absolutely hates the way the CO is operating. She believes (and I fully agree) that making a decision to create a group based solely on skin color is racist. Whether they're doing in response to racism that they've experienced or not, it doesn't make the group itself any less racist in its nature. 

Your wife is spot on about calling it out for what it is. I can only imagine the message board bedlam if the leader of a white group laid out a systematic plan to eliminate ever person of color intentionally and deliberatly from the game  like Tiffany did. This whole Us vs Them is fun when it is based on personalities like Janelle and her group against Cappie's sheep... but not when it comes to race.

• Love 5