Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The fact that Claire's reaction is to just cry and take it is disappointing.

I've been legitimately blindsided a couple of times in my life, but after the main one I felt sort of paralyzed. It's so shocking that anger is the last thing you feel. It takes a day or two to fully sink in. (Or several months, but that was just me and I wasn't playing a game.) 

That said, once the dust clears, Tiffany's motive will be the most important thing, the knowledge that Tiffany wasn't playing Claire, faking affection, but was playing for a higher cause. Tiffany is making a terrible mistake not giving this info to Claire to brood about in jury. She'll regret it. 

• Love 6

I'm dying at everyone saying that Claire deserves to come back for another season because of this. SHE DID NOTHING. It would be like when David came back and we all tried to justify it because he got fucked over (true) but he was also one of the worst Big Brother players ever and even with a whole year leading into it, he still played like one of the worst Big Brother players ever. This is what will happen if Claire comes back. She's a lovely person and a serious flop as a Big Brother player. Remember her 80 page study plan before she went into the house? Yeah. Just yeah.

ETA: Bringing it back because it makes me laugh.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

The underrated "WTF? in all of this is Tiff essentially backdooring Claire, as she had HG choice and DIDN'T pick Claire.

Just now, Melina22 said:

Tiffany is making a terrible mistake not giving this info to Claire to brood about in jury. She'll regret it. 

I mean, Tiff will be in jury in two weeks, so it's hard to say she'll regret it THAT much. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Is this the point where the house has this Killer Fatigue, ala The Amazing Race? Because decisions as of late have seemed particularly dumb, based on what I'm (sort of) reading here.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
of course i forget a letter in a word, and of course i get quoted >:(
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Is this the point where the house has his Killer Fatigue, ala The Amazing Race? Because decisions as of late have seemed particularly dumb, based on what I'm (sort of) reading here.

It's the mold on the HoH ceiling tiles finally getting to them. Brain spores.

(No, I haven't been binging episodes of House and Chicago Med lately, why do you ask?)

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Is this the point where the house has his Killer Fatigue, ala The Amazing Race? Because decisions as of late have seemed particularly dumb, based on what I'm (sort of) reading here.

It's more, as peach notes, that X is getting more and more controlling as we reach the end and he is being especially punishing of Tiffany. I disagree with peach over it being bad gameplay, but I agree with peach that he's being a total dick about it,

Essentially, X has warned her that she BETTER not tell Claire about the CO because he doesn't want to deal with Alyssa knowing and since she feels bad about "betraying" them by winning HoH then she is willing to do whatever he says.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Is this the point where the house has his Killer Fatigue, ala The Amazing Race?

Killer Fatigue! I haven't heard that phrase in so long! But you're absolutely right. Only KF would explain what we're witnessing. (And as TWOPers recall, KF is as much mental as it is physical.) 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The underrated "WTF? in all of this is Tiff essentially backdooring Claire, as she had HG choice and DIDN'T pick Claire.

I mean, Tiff will be in jury in two weeks, so it's hard to say she'll regret it THAT much. 

But it's not a backdoor since Claire wasn't the original target and Tiffany did not want Alyssa to win veto.  Not directed at you but it's annoying how many Big Brother fans misunderstand what a backdoor is.

Hannah/Tiffany seem more nervous about the battle back which is just equally as dumb as being worried about Alyssa but for different reasons.

It's hard for me to say Hannah is playing a better game than X since before Tiffany made Hannah her number on Hannah's reads on everything were super bad. It wasn't until Tiffany gave her info Hannah started getting better reads. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

But it's not a backdoor since Claire wasn't the original target and Tiffany did not want Alyssa to win veto.  Not directed at you but it's annoying how many Big Brother fans misunderstand what a backdoor is.

But that was the "essentially" part. :) She didn't mean to, of course, so it's not an ACTUAL backdoor, but she kept Claire from playing Veto and now she's going to go up and out, so it is effectively like getting backdoored.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

But that was the "essentially" part. :) She didn't mean to, of course, so it's not an ACTUAL backdoor, but she kept Claire from playing Veto and now she's going to go up and out, so it is effectively like getting backdoored.

Also, a backdoor is precisely how Claire is going to see it, once she gets to the jury house and hears about the big alliance. Maybe Tiff can smooth it over once she arrives and explains. Or maybe Claire just won’t want to hear it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, PaperTree said:

And for the "beauty" discussion, Azah gives me Iman vibes.  Alyssa is the snotty pretty girl still in HS.  Claire has a very natural beauty,  Very comfortable in her own skin.  SB is cute like my baby sister.  Hannah is lovely.

Everyone is really good looking, although my mother took possession of my soul and really wants Claire to pick up a brush, LOL. I think Hannah looks remarkably like Meghan Markle...that kind of girlish, luminous quality. 

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Everyone is really good looking, although my mother took possession of my soul and really wants Claire to pick up a brush, LOL. I think Hannah looks remarkably like Meghan Markle...that kind of girlish, luminous quality. 

Hannah definitely resembles Meghan Markle to me - and that's probably a big reason why I just can't warm to her.  I'm not a fan of the Duchess of Sussex.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Hannah definitely resembles Meghan Markle to me - and that's probably a big reason why I just can't warm to her.  I'm not a fan of the Duchess of Sussex.

At the beginning of the season, we all discussed who Hannah looked like and it was a really long list! I settled on a cross between Jennifer Lawrence and Cher, although I'm now leaning towards Cher. She's like that blue/gold skirt thing - we all see what we want to see 😁 

• Love 3

How are they all so goddamn scared of fucking ALYSSA?

X is not scared of Alyssa, he wants to control the last HoH if it's not him and he can best control Alyssa and get Tiff out. 

I knew the odds were against Tiff but fuck me, it sucks to watch it happen this fast and via her own massive error in game play. 

• Love 4

Well, Claire just said “I can’t believe you (Tiff) just backdoored me”, while talking to herself, so she certainly is using the definition of ‘I was not nominated, I did not get picked to play veto, and now I’m on the block’ backdoor. I would tend to agree with her on that.

I would feel horribly for her except for the part I feel she has done absolutely nothing in this game, so I’m more just…..meh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

I'll be interested to see how the rest of the CO feel about this when they learn that [Ky] broke this pact.  

This assumes the rest of the CO find out before the Finale vote how the non-CO jurors actually figured out the CO’s existence - and I wouldn’t necessarily consider that level of information-sharing (i.e., the non-COs telling the COs that Ky told them) to be a given.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This assumes the rest of the CO find out before the Finale vote how the non-CO jurors actually figured out the CO’s existence - and I wouldn’t necessarily consider that level of information-sharing (i.e., the non-COs telling the COs that Ky told them) to be a given.

I just think it will make him look bad. It will be about half CO and half non-CO in the jury (...right?). If he's F2, by that time what may matter more to the jury is that he was the only one weasley about honoring the CO strategy.

• Love 2

Most boring BB EVER.  Was cast specifically for BLM and no one else.  CBS has lost viewship and may see cancellation of this reality programming due to "wokeness".  The reason there were previously less POC on the show is because POC (blacks) only amount to 13.4% of the population of the USA.  Deck was stacked against any whites from the very beginning.  Asians amount to 5.7% of the population and , percentage of Latino is 18.5%, so why were their not more Latinos instead of blacks?. No one wants to bring up those statistics  because they will be called racist. Instead, the entire BB production this year is very reverse racist.  Wake up America and get a backbone.

Alyssa is very, very, pretty. Whether it’s a full blowout & or tiny braids she’s effortless. I think she Azah are the prettiest. Azah is runway beautiful. I always look forward to her Thursday outfits & hair. She’s always on 🔥.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Alyssa is very, very, pretty. Whether it’s a full blowout & or tiny braids she’s effortless. I think she Azah are the prettiest. Azah is runway beautiful. I always look forward to her Thursday outfits & hair. She’s always on 🔥.

Yeah, I think those are the two that are just uncommonly attractive. I'm personally more attracted to Hannah and Claire, but Alyssa and Azah are VERY good-looking ladies. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I just think it will make him look bad. It will be about half CO and half non-CO in the jury (...right?). If he's F2, by that time what may matter more to the jury is that he was the only one weasley about honoring the CO strategy.

Regarding that particular CO strategy, I would agree - but as the editors of tonight’s broadcast took painstaking effort to point out, there are other CO members who are living in glass houses with regards to other generally agreed-upon CO strategies, so “the only one” characterization hardly applies.  😉

My point, though, wasn’t about whether or not Ky had waffled on the CO’s version of the First Rule of Fight Club; Ky definitely had.  Whether or not the other CO jurors find out before they vote at Finale, though, is a different issue - and I don’t think it’s an automatic gimme that they will:

1. If Ky’s hints to both DX and SB don’t give the non-CO jurors enough information to sort out the full CO roster, then Claire’s ignominious entry into the JH should seal THAT deal pretty damn quick.
  2. The critical point (in terms of the impact on Ky’s game) will be how non-CO jurors broach the subject of the CO with the first CO juror; whether they are forthright enough to say, “Ky pretty much told us in his GBM“, or if they shield their own egos with something to the effect of “C’mon, now - you think we couldn’t figure THAT out?“.  The former would probably nuke Ky’s game in the eyes of the rest of the CO, while the latter would shield him - which, depending upon how upset the non-CO jurors are, might be their intent.
  3. Tiffany herself, by virtue of her statements to Claire (who will be in the JH before any CO member) has also contributed a muddying factor towards laying 100% blame for premature disclosure of the CO’s existence on Ky’s doorstep.  It’s not outside the realm of possibility that, should a new CO juror ask, “how did you find out about the CEO? “, Clare might immediately respond with, “Tiffany told me” - and the other non-CO jurors might just leave it at that.
  4. In terms of subsequent CO jurors, the disclosure might not go any further than the first CO juror telling them, “They (the non-CO jurors) already know, so don’t worry about it - the secret’s out” - with maybe a shorthand version of the explanation the first CO juror got.

In any case, if Ky were to make F2 I would say there’s a not-insignificant chance the CO jurors might not find out about Ky’s GBM antics until after the Finale - and after they may have already cast their votes for Ky to win the $750K.  😉

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thanks to the magic of feeds rewind, I just saw Tiff’s reveal to Claire. My take on it is, while Tiffany didn’t tell the whole truth (she didn’t spell out the CO strategy), she told enough that Claire will understand later. She said that while she never wanted to be the one to get Claire out, she promised herself early on that she would never get out X, Ky, Hannah, Deref or Azah. Claire understood that as a moral imperative, so I got the sense they had talked about this before.

And while I do think Tiff could have done a better job overall, I also think revealing the whole partners scheme and letting Claire know she never really had a chance might have been too much for her to handle at that point. There’s time for that later. And Tiff ignored X’s convoluted story altogether, so that was a plus.

As for Claire, I thought she handled it like a champ, with grace and dignity. (She also revealed to Tiff that she’s not really Claire from Queens, she’s Claire from Manhattan, which resulted in a well-needed laugh.) After, Claire whispered to the mirror that she is so glad to have been part of this final 8, which is unlike any other final 8. “I think it’s rad… but I’m still sad,” she said, wiping her eyes. So she definitely gets it.

I did think of one way they could still overturn this thing: Azah has been pushing to make the vote 3-2, not 4-1 like X wants. If Azah and Hannah both vote to send X home, thinking they’re the only ones, but meanwhile Tiff convinces Ky to flip and get X out while he can, because they can send Alyssa or Claire out next and there’s still a black player in the final chair no matter what… then we would have an interesting game. Won’t happen, but I can dream.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Do you think if it was DX in Claire’s place, Tiffany would be more likely to blowup the Cookout?  I do.  Tiffany was willing to dump Claire for DX before but she didn’t have the votes.  I think Claire’s comp suckiness is what doomed her in Tiffany’s eyes.  She wanted to keep DX over Claire because he was much more likely to win and take the shots at the CO guys.  And now Tiffany is more willing to have Kyland and Hannah on her side than Claire because they are better competitors.

Or maybe I’m just being too cynical 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Coco88 said:

And now Tiffany is more willing to have Kyland and Hannah on her side than Claire because they are better competitors.

Personally I think that’s exactly why Tiffany should be less willing to have Ky at her side - should Tiff make it to F2, anyway.  
IMHO right now I don’t see how anyone could realistically regard Hannah as serious competition - unless, of course, your name happens to be Azah or DerF.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Coco88 said:

And now Tiffany is more willing to have Kyland and Hannah on her side than Claire because they are better competitors.

I can’t pretend to know what’s going on in anyone’s head, but I have watched more feeds than is healthy and I think Tiffany is sincere in her desire to keep Claire. But at this point she knows she’s screwed no matter what she does, so she’s trying to honor her competing promises and loyalties as best she can, so she can leave with her head held high.

Tiff comes off like a ruthless bitch, but I think she’s got a lot of Azah softie in her too.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think Tiffany is sincere in her desire to keep Claire. But at this point she knows she’s screwed no matter what she does, so she’s trying to honor her competing promises and loyalties as best she can, so she can leave with her head held high.

Personally I think it’s less about nobility and loyalty, and more about numbers; if Tiff actually makes it to F2 then betraying Claire loses Tiff 1 jury vote, while turning on the CO costs Tiff 40% of the Jury in one fell swoop.  But you can’t fault Tiff’s math.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

aren't parents still people? Don't they get to have lives independent of the parent label?

Do single parents have sex in front of their kids? 😶

Why is Tiffany screwed? Doesn't she have a final two with Hannah AND Kyland, and also a final three with Azah? So she has 3 people out of 5 competing for her in the next HoH and she can also play for veto.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, himela said:

Do single parents have sex in front of their kids? 😶

No one had sex in front of any kid according to the clip. At best there was an under the blanket handy.
gasp-in.gif

I don't know how Tiffany's 15 year old son will ever recover from this incredible blow he's been dealt. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

• LOL 9
39 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

No one had sex in front of any kid according to the clip. At best there was an under the blanket handy.
gasp-in.gif

I don't know how Tiffany's 15 year old son will ever recover from this incredible blow he's been dealt. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

When this kid goes to school and his friends think his mom had some kind of sexual encounter on national TV he will be totally ashamed and ridiculed. Maybe you and many others don't take it as something serious so you are being sarcastic about it but a teenager will take it differently. Either way, nobody (not only a parent) has a reason to have sex on national TV where everything stays on youtube forever.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I would feel horribly for her except for the part I feel she has done absolutely nothing in this game, so I’m more just…..meh.

I still feel bad for her because the one thing she has done in the game is help Tiffany at every turn. Although, that also should make it easier for her because she decided long ago to play the game for Tiffany rather than for herself so she can be happy that she did a good job in that lol. 

As to who Hannah looks like, Hannah herself said she looks like North West and I agree lol.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I think Tiffany & Co. are getting too cute with Veto. Tiffany made a decision to win HOH when she didn’t need to. Now, they want to make Alyssa look stupid which would just make Tiffany look worse. Just let Claire go and let fate do the rest. If Tiffany gets evicted right after Claire so be it. It was her doing that that set the Chan in in motion. I still like her to finish with the six but maybe this was how it was supposed to end. It is funny though. She couldn’t bare for Ky to win HOH again but they end up in the HOH bed together bare anyway. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm dying at everyone saying that Claire deserves to come back for another season because of this. SHE DID NOTHING. It would be like when David came back and we all tried to justify it because he got fucked over (true) but he was also one of the worst Big Brother players ever and even with a whole year leading into it, he still played like one of the worst Big Brother players ever. This is what will happen if Claire comes back. She's a lovely person and a serious flop as a Big Brother player. Remember her 80 page study plan before she went into the house? Yeah. Just yeah.

ETA: Bringing it back because it makes me laugh.

I keep hearing/reading about how David got screwed, but no one can tell me how. Didn't he lose a competition, setting himself up to be picked off? 

Claire loses Tiff 1 jury vote,

I don't see any universe in which she loses Claire's vote. Claire gets it now she will get it even more once she realizes how well they executed and how much executing cost Tiffany personally in her own game. But I hope X fucks himself over with all this ENDLESS whining and bitching about Alyssa and Tiff does get past the double. 

• Love 7

Where is Claire at is she doing anything? And by anything I mean talking to Alyssa about the cookout she doesn't actually know exists and that she will be the next one out if she doesn't win HoH and that if she DOES she needs to TARGET XAVIER OMG WHY IS THIS SO HARD. Alyssa is the one who pointed out to you you are the only white person left, Alyssa is actually good at strategy,  give her the boulder sized breadcrumbs. But I know what Claire will do, what she always does, sit on what she knows and tell no one and argue fruitlessly with those who can no more help you than Tiffany and actively don't want to.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

So I think last night Ky, Hannah and Tiffany came up with a plan to convince Alyssa to use the veto on X today.  I think it will fail spectacularly.

Maybe I haven't taken enough smart pills this morning, somebody help me here....why in the bluedilly fuck would Alyssa take off X when she is also on the block?!  She is not naive like DX was by not playing for veto.

• Love 1

I really doubt Tiffany's sons friends know she was spooning with Ky in the HOH and if they did Tiffany is attractive they might call her a MILF lol which sucks but there are worse things a 15 year old can call your mom. 

I think Tiffany would have done the same thing with DX because it's losing 1 jury vote vs losing 4. Plus Tiffany explained to her it is a moral dilemma and if Claire watched last season she saw Janelle getting criticized for questioning Da'vonne not wanting to vote for David for moral reasons. Janelle is one of the most popular players among casuals and online fans. 

Edited by choclatechip45

The one thing I will say (and Alyssa is never going to not take herself off the block) but I think there is an angle to work with her. She has been complaining about being over it all for two weeks running, with all the talk about how she's not THAT pretty, when she went on the block she was practically GLOWING and was excited to wear Azah's dress, she seemed almost happy to be possibly leaving. This is girl who knows/thinks she's not gonna win, and is experiencing major game fatigue, so it might make her THINK about it, but like any sane player who isn't Marcellas she will take herself off the block. So like I see why they are trying to convince themselves there's an out/opening.

• Love 2

I watched the talk between Tiff and Claire. How can people insist that this decision is NOT racist? Claire is going home because she is white. I mean, what else is there to say? And I know some former players did go home (maybe) because they were black but nobody said it that openly, there was always a question mark, plus this is not better just cause others did it before...

• Love 10