Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Nude Interlude

• Start Topic

(edited)

The problem is, Karen's Sing Sing read isn't going to embarass Gizelle.  It comes with the territory of being with someone like Jamal.  If you go back to Jamal and he did all that to you, you have no shame.

I agree with this. If that rumor is true, and Gizelle still chose to literally and figuratively fuck with Jamal, then her pride, as well as her self-esteem, is truly in the second circle of Hell. 

The closest I've seen Gizelle crack was when Monique brought up Jamal's latest love child with some other shifty pastor at the reunion. I mean, Jamal had a baby on Gizelle when they were MARRIED, so what's one more? Gizelle was clearly tearing up. Not sure if it was out of rage or hurt, or maybe both. I'd go with hurt. 

The waste of pedigree is what always baffled me about Gizelle and Robyn. Wild as it is, I can understand why Robyn never disengaged from Juan. They have history together. I still think it's crazy that he was out here calling another woman the love of his life, and said on the hot mic that if it wasn't for the kids, he would've bounced, and Robyn's still with him. But Gizelle's case is even worse. 

Considering how her daughters wanted nothing to do with Jamal, I hope they grow up to have better man radar than their mother. I truly want to know what in the world happened in Gizelle's life to make her think that Jamal is the best that she can do. She isn't the first, nor will she be the last woman to have dealings with an ain't shit man, but girl! 

However, since the Potomac and Atlanta franchises love to throw around the "can't keep a man" tired insult, they're all on that "a man is better than no man" energy. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 15

Is this the real Wendy? Last season she was so proper and 4-degree smart. Now she's texting stripper video invitations to her friends, serving her friends AND giving her kids X-rated pastry and throwing a "new boob reveal" party? Tacky.

(I have ZERO issues with people getting plastic surgery/niptucks/implants/botox, etc... deny it, own it, whatever...but keep it to yourself)

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

I agree with this. If that rumor is true, and Gizelle still chose to literally and figuratively fuck with Jamal, then her pride, as well as her self-esteem, is truly in the second circle of Hell. 

The closest I've seen Gizelle crack was when Monique brought up Jamal's latest love child with some other shifty pastor at the reunion. I mean, Jamal had a baby on Gizelle when they were MARRIED, so what's one more? Gizelle was clearly tearing up. Not sure if it was out of rage or hurt, or maybe both. I'd go with hurt. 

The waste of pedigree is what always baffled me about Gizelle and Robyn. Wild as it is, I can understand why Robyn never disengaged from Juan. They have history together. I still think it's crazy that he was out here calling another woman the love of his life, and said on the hot mic that if it wasn't for the kids, he would've bounced and Robyn's still with him. But Gizelle's case is even worse. 

Considering how her daughters wanted nothing to do with Jamal, I hope they grow up to have better man radar than their mother. I truly want to know what in the world happened in Gizelle's life to make her think that Jamal is the best that she can do. She isn't the first, nor will she be the last woman to have dealings with an ain't shit man, but girl! 

However, since the Potomac and Atlanta franchises love to throw around the "can't keep a man" tired insult, they're all on that "a man is better than no man" energy. 

What is so baffling to me about Gizelle is that she is someone that I would assume (when I was younger and did not know any better) would have everything handed to her on a silver platter. 

Gizelle has pretty privilege and was probably just absolutely stunning when she was younger. She also comes from an elite family and is part of the upper crust.

How she could waste herself on a toad like Jamal shocks me.

At least her daughters seem nice.

Can someone tell me what is so shameful about Hampton University?

I grew up in Atlanta and there was great pride in Morehouse and Spellman. Morris Brown had some issues and lost its accreditation but I would never diss anyone that went there.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What was up with the individual plastic shrink wrapped potatoes at Candiace’s house?!

I did some research.  It's about microwaving.🤷‍♀️

You reminded me of Giselle complimenting Chris on his fruit tray and knife skills.  Right after he was in the background, pulling out a plastic grocery fruit kind of tray.

• LOL 9
(edited)
22 hours ago, bosawks said:

Damn, Karen & Gizelle.

Pace yourself.

Seriously. Right out of the gate. 

I did not like this episode at all. If this is an indication of what's to come and what these bishes have been up to then it's going to be a disaster of a season.  

Ashley, her swollen feet and her dickhead husband are in a good place now? Sure they are. Especially since she said they're not having sex. We all know dickhead can't keep it in his pants. All of a sudden he's daddy and husband of the year. 

Karen looks rough. She needs to lose the yellow wigs and half the makeup on her face for good. She's too old for that look. 

Gizelle visiting Candiass and her "bonus kids" and them pretending to be friends.

Gizelle breaking up with Jamal. Oh, we didn't see that coming. Way to save face, Gizelle. 

I don't know what new image Wendy is trying to project this season but it's tacky as hell. And this is our educated one with the gazillion degrees? 

The new one- she's had everything done including her clit. Thanks for that information, new one. Is that something to brag about these days?  She looks like plastic melting shit. 

Robin- was she there?  Oh, right. She and Juan are building a new huge McMansion. Did she pay off that 90K tax lien already? 

Not a good start. All of these women came off as unlikeable to me. The reality famewhoredom has gone to their heads.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10

Karen spewing out made up words and phrases at Gizelle and the women looking at her like wtf is happening here, what is she talking about? That was pretty funny and the only enjoyable moment of the eppie. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Can someone tell me what is so shameful about Hampton University?

There's nothing shameful about Hampton University*.  That's the point: Hampton U. didn't need to be mentioned.  Gizelle doesn't mention the school on the show, there have been no scenes about or at Hampton since it's in Virginia and not Maryland, there have been no rumors about Gizelle being a ho in college, and if Jamal gave her a disease that's because HE was the ho, not her. 

Karen would be the first person giving an indignant sermon if Gizelle called her a fraudulent drunk from Surry County.  Maybe Karen is pressed because Gizelle's friend Erika, the one Ray had his eye on, graduated from Hampton University too.

*disclaimer: soon to be wife of Hampton U graduate, great-great-granddaughter of Hampton graduates.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

There's nothing shameful about Hampton University*.  That's the point: Hampton U. didn't need to be mentioned.  Gizelle doesn't mention the school on the show, there have been no scenes about or at Hampton since it's in Virginia and not Maryland, there have been no rumors about Gizelle being a ho in college, and if Jamal gave her a disease that's because HE was the ho, not her. 

Karen would be the first person giving an indignant sermon if Gizelle called her a fraudulent drunk from Surry County.  Maybe Karen is pressed because Gizelle's friend Erika, the one Ray had his eye on, graduated from Hampton University too.

*disclaimer: soon to be wife of Hampton U graduate, great-great-granddaughter of Hampton graduates.

Congratulations to your fiancé and you. What a beautiful legacy.

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle is already on my nerves saying Ray doesn’t love Karen. How does she know?

Because the therapist or life coach or who ever was at their house asked Ray last season (or the one before)? if he loved Karen. Karen was sitting there. He paused and said Ummmmm, yeah, I think so. That's a pretty good indication that maybe he doesn't. I don't think she loves him so much anymore, either. It's a convenience thing. They will have a stupid vow renewal for a storyline. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I thought that was a good season premiere.

I don't believe a word that comes out of Karen's mouth, because Karen has a track record of being a bald faced liar. 

I remain one of the few people who really like Robyn.  I think she is, by far, one of the most genuine people on any of these shows.  I like that she is talking about being depressed and low, I think its happening to so many people during this time.  

I also like that she was willing to tell Karen that the reason Candace didn't show up was probably because of her.  Candace would be better off dealing with Karen at the party, because I think Karen is good at lying, manipulating and gaslighting Candace and her need for an accepting mother figure.  

I like Candace's house, I'm not a fan of Chris's facial hair.  I'm sure he keeps it all groomed, but I had visions of a long stringy ass beard hair in that fruit plate.  

I think I'm going to feel about Mia, the same way everyone felt about Wendy last year.  I think Mia is going to be doing way too much.  Is she trying to say that she owns a few of "The Joints" or is she trying to say that she is the franchisor?  Both are impressive, but one is FAR, FAR more impressive.  

And while people said that Wendy shouldn't have stuck up for Candace last year, it was something that made me think that Wendy was authentic and I respect her loyalty.  Maybe she talked to Candace in private, but in public, she defended her and looked out for her.  Mia just kinda sat there as Gizelle came at her friend.  Maybe Karen told Mia not to defend her. 

Gizelle is so pretty, she reminds me of Vanessa Williams, and not just the skin tone/eyes.  

Ashley can keep trying to convince me her creepy sex pest of a husband is really a great spouse and father.  Michael Darby is a weirdo who is probably trying to slide into Juan's DMs

• Love 12
On 7/11/2021 at 6:21 PM, Andi27 said:

OK, so for this season we have:

Potomac: Karen and Gizelle

Prince George's County (DC suburbs): Candace

Anne Arundel County (Baltimore suburbs): Robyn

Carroll County (Baltimore exurbs): Wendy

Arlington, VA (not even Maryland): Ashley

And friend of Mia in Downtown Baltimore

For anyone in the know, how far apart do they all live from each other?  I know reality TV is partially scripted, but if I had to drive 100 miles each way to knock on someones door and pretend I'm just "dropping in" that would suck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Word on the street is that Candiass's house was on the market for 4 years and she got a deal of $749,000...which is still a good amount of money but not the $1.1 million she claimed.

Her stepchildren seem sweet, particularly her stepson.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/11/2021 at 7:12 PM, TexasGal said:

Robyn has some pandemic depression going on.  It’s not really going to fix things to just harp at her on camera about getting up earlier, Juan.

I think this is actually interesting because given Juan's upbringing I think its entirely possible that he does't understand.  

My father grew up extremely poor and raised by different family members.  There are times when I've tried to ask him about who raised him, like what were they like, were they funny, were they nice, were they angry, and he just can't tell me.  Its like no one in his life had a personality.  And finally one day he just said "you know, we were just so busy trying to survive." and it was like they were so poor and trying to get their basic needs met that no one got to know each other.  And so I wonder if Juan even knows how to recognize that sort of depression, because its nuanced.  She is just sleeping a lot and he doesn't get it.  

On 7/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, howiveaddict said:

I know. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Karen is going to make up some stuff.  Karen will get caught.  Karen will double down and try to tap dance away from what she initially said.  

18 hours ago, Kornfan said:

I thought Wendy looked beautiful in her TH. Her skin looks so nice.  

I think Wendy may have had a nose job, nothing drastic, but her nose kinda looks like Candace's a little bit now.   She looks beautiful.  

16 hours ago, spunky said:

Karen google is your friend, Sing sing is a maximum security prison for MEN, here in New York State. 

Mia if you're going to lie about your age, get a calculator! Wendy's mommy make over looks good.

Karen with the obvious lie.  As usual. 

I think Mia looks overbotoxed, and therefore ageless.  But the age is definitely over 36.  I don't get why she would lie, if you look amazing, own your age! At this point that look is kinda common.  I'm surprised a rich person would let themselves go to someone who did such garish work.  

16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Not too fond of Mia. The not knowing how old she is was kind of amusing.  I thought she was in her 40s especially when she rattled off all the work she had done. Too much work at a young age makes women look older due to the artificial look.

Mia is in her 40s but IMO, she looks older.  Robyn is 41 and to me, she looks much younger than Mia. 

14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Karen was on WWHL and when Andy asked her if she knew what Sing Sing was she said she thought it was a psychiatric facility. Andy told her it was a prison.  

And so it begins.  Karen making things up and having to be caught in order to be honest about anything.  She really should be beyond all this.

5 hours ago, dosodog said:

I did some research.  It's about microwaving.🤷‍♀️

You reminded me of Giselle complimenting Chris on his fruit tray and knife skills.  Right after he was in the background, pulling out a plastic grocery fruit kind of tray.

As someone who doesn't cook, I can tell you that yes, they are wrapped like that so you can microwave it and make a baked potato.  I don't know why they picked them up like that since they weren't baking them, maybe they keep them in the house in case the kids want a quick snack they can make themselves.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

For anyone in the know, how far apart do they all live from each other?  I know reality TV is partially scripted, but if I had to drive 100 miles each way to knock on someones door and pretend I'm just "dropping in" that would suck. 

Gizelle & Karen live near each other.

Robyn & Mia live near each other.

Gizelle/Karen and Robyn/Mia are about 30/40 minutes from each other.

Robyn/Mia are probably 20/30 minutes from Candiace, who would also be about 40 minutes from Gizelle/Karen.

Everyone is about 45 minutes from Ashley (who lives in a different state).

Wendy lives nowhere near any of them; she's the furthest out.

That's why it was silly for Karen to act like she moved to Great Falls VA from Potomac MD to be closer to her parents in Richmond VA when it takes 2 hours (in great traffic) to get to Richmond from both Great Falls and Potomac.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, Bronzedog said:

Baltimore is not even in the DMV.  This franchise should have been named The Real Housewives Somewhere in Not so Close Proximity to Potomac and Kind of Close to York Pennsylvania 

I'm originally from York! Appreciate the shout out - LOL! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

Her stepchildren seem sweet, particularly her stepson.

The little girl seemed like a deer in headlights on camera and the boy reminded me of Manny Delgado, he seems polite and nurturing to his little sister, a lot of credit goes to their mother, raising kids with a sense of helping other people is hard work unless they have a good example.  

Candiace is getting her masters but could not decipher a 2nd grade math problem?  

Did I see the same couch in Candiace's house as in Wendy's house?

Gizelle's house looks like it was built by committee.

I remember there was a rumor about Ray living in a townhouse in Rockville and not in the house Karen say's is their home, something makes me think it is true but I cannot put my finger on it other than their impending vow renewal which is always a Hail Mary pass to make a story line when there isn't.

• Love 8
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The little girl seemed like a deer in headlights on camera and the boy reminded me of Manny Delgado, he seems polite and nurturing to his little sister, a lot of credit goes to their mother, raising kids with a sense of helping other people is hard work unless they have a good example.  

Candiace is getting her masters but could not decipher a 2nd grade math problem?  

I remember there was a rumor about Ray living in a townhouse in Rockville and not in the house Karen say's is their home, something makes me think it is true but I cannot put my finger on it other than their impending vow renewal which is always a Hail Mary pass to make a story line when there isn't.

A few of my friends who are parents have been complaining about the "new aged math". Apparently they don't want simple subtraction anymore,  they have a whole complicated formula. And we're all people with Masters degrees.

Candiace's stepdaughter seems shy. Earlier this year she wandered into one of Candiace's videos and just stood there being all cute and shy. Plus I think she was confused as to why Gizelle was there in the first place.  Even Chris seemed annoyed by her presence.

Karen lives in the land of make believe. I wouldn't be surprised if she rents that house just for filming. I don't see Ray going along with her nonsense, unless he's just as delusional as she is.

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Emma C said:

Is this the real Wendy? Last season she was so proper and 4-degree smart. Now she's texting stripper video invitations to her friends, serving her friends AND giving her kids X-rated pastry and throwing a "new boob reveal" party? Tacky.

(I have ZERO issues with people getting plastic surgery/niptucks/implants/botox, etc... deny it, own it, whatever...but keep it to yourself)

She does seem to be trying to revamp her image. Whatever the case, she looks great. I see changes in her face too, so I don't think the work she had was limited to her body. There was talk awhile back that she had a facelift after last season. I don't know if it was that, eye work or something else, but I do see some "tweaks" to use her term.

What I don't understand is why she'd want to throw a dinner party to have a reveal on her breast augmentation! What a staggering display of ego. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as that's what drives most of these women. 

Robyn seems depressed and Juan seems totally checked out. It was apparent in the juice bar scene. And when he asked him he was excited about their new house, his "I am" couldn't have been more flat. Ouch. I said this a year ago and I'm sticking to it: there isn't going to be a wedding because he is just not that into her. If they really wanted to be married by now, they could've gotten it done even it if was just the two of them at the courthouse. Perhaps Juan's apathy is contributing to Robyn's depression. 

So far, I am not liking Mia. I don't need to hear about the work you had on your private parts. It was crass and unnecessary. And the woman is clearly searching for an age she wants to be, but she can't keep the number straight in her brain. Either that or she is math-challenged. 

Wow, surprised at how nasty it turned with Karen and Gizelle. I agree Gizelle will probably win this battle because Karen doesn't want her image tarnished. She and Ray are another example of a relationship on the skids, regardless of the vow renewal. It's probably just Karen's storyline. 

Did anyone else think Ray looked uncomfortable when Karen sat in his lap? 

I don't understand a) how Candiace and Chris can afford that house if they are truly paying for it on their own or b) why they need 10,000+ SF, 6 bedrooms. It was also weird because from the outside the house didn't look that large to me. It certainly wasn't small but it didn't look like a 10,000 SF home from the front. 

Ashley looked ready to pop out of that dress! I was uncomfortable for her just watching. I'm glad she couldn't keep the shoes on because I was afraid she'd fall. 

I enjoy this group of women. There's something different about Potomac. They make me laugh more than the other HW shows. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 15
(edited)
53 minutes ago, spunky said:

A few of my friends who are parents have been complaining about the "new aged math". Apparently they don't want simple subtraction anymore,  they have a whole complicated formula. And we're all people with Masters degrees.

I have math struggles, I had math tutors in elementary school and nothing helped, I am math resistant, I admit it, maybe I have a math learning disability but was never diagnosed because back in the day a lot of kids with learning issues went without being diagnosed. It has been decades since I have had to help with homework and I would literally get flop sweat from the thought of simple math problems let alone algebra and beyond. 

This past year was horrible but to add math homework in the mix would have driven me to morning wine, praise to all who suffered and endured and victory to all who had to deal with Johnny and his many apples.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
a G is not an E.
  • Love 16
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have math struggles, I had math tutors in elementary school and nothing helped, I am math resistant, I admit it, maybe I have a math learning disability but was never diagnosed because back in the day a lot of kids with learning issues went without being diagnosed. It has been decades since I have had to help with homework and I would literally get flop sweat from the thought of simple math problems let alone algebra and beyond. 

This past year was horrible but to add math homework in the mix would have driven me to morning wine, praise to all who suffered and endured and victory to all who had to deal with Johnny and his many apples.

I'm math resistant too. Tutors couldn't help me either, because I just couldn't understand math equations. I could write a 10 page essay, but do not ask me to do math. Most of the people I've met who were great at math hated anything to do with English or English Literature.  I just think our brains are wired differently. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

She does seem to be trying to revamp her image. Whatever the case, she looks great. I see changes in her face too, so I don't think the work she had was limited to her body. There was talk awhile back that she had a facelift after last season. I don't know if it was that, eye work or something else, but I do see some "tweaks" to use her term.

What I don't understand is why she'd want to throw a dinner party to have a reveal on her breast augmentation! What a staggering display of ego. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as that's what drives most of these women. 

Robyn seems depressed and Juan seems totally checked out. It was apparent in the juice bar scene. And when he asked him he was excited about their new house, his "I am" couldn't have been more flat. Ouch. I said this a year ago and I'm sticking to it: there isn't going to be a wedding because he is just not that into her. If they really wanted to be married by now, they could've gotten it done even it if was just the two of them at the courthouse. Perhaps Juan's apathy is contributing to Robyn's depression. 

So far, I am not liking Mia. I don't need to hear about the work you had on your private parts. It was crass and unnecessary. And the woman is clearly searching for an age she wants to be, but she can't keep the number straight in her brain. Either that or she is math-challenged. 

Wow, surprised at how nasty it turned with Karen and Gizelle. I agree Gizelle will probably win this battle because Karen doesn't want her image tarnished. She and Ray are another example of a relationship on the skids, regardless of the vow renewal. It's probably just Karen's storyline. 

I don't understand a) how Candiace and Chris can afford that house if they are truly paying for it on their own or b) why they need 10,000+ SF, 6 bedrooms. It was also weird because from the outside the house didn't look that large to me. It certainly wasn't small but it didn't look like a 10,000 SF home from the front. 

Ashley looked ready to pop out of that dress! I was uncomfortable for her just watching. I'm glad she couldn't keep the shoes on because I was afraid she'd fall. 

I enjoy this group of women. There's something different about Potomac. They make me laugh more than the other HW shows. 

36 is mia's aspirational age.  Her actual age has to be like 45+

I do think that the overly botoxed, garishly fillered face is such a staple on reality TV that it really gives women an ageless quality, but not in a good way.  There are 29 year Olds and 55 year Olds all sporting the same gaudy look so it can be hard to tell age.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Candace had at least some money from the sale of her townhouse (I'm sure Dorothy also got some of that) so the loan would be for like, 500k -600k? 

Candace should make enough from the show to qualify for 600k, id think. 

I totally agree that the size of the house seems ridiculous.  I had thought that maybe they were buying it as an investment since home prices are on the rise and she may have purchased in an up and coming area.  But then she seemed to be customizing certain rooms, so I don't know.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Candace had at least some money from the sale of her townhouse (I'm sure Dorothy also got some of that) so the loan would be for like, 500k -600k? 

It wasn’t her townhouse and there was also a mortgage on it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2021 at 4:40 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought she was the lost Kardashian sister.

Pardon the pun but BRAVO. Best comment I have seen in a while. And accurate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, amarante said:

Gizelle is messy as hell but I enjoy her as she doesn't seem to take herself all that seriously. I can't say I *hate* Karen but I do find her to be a pretentious idiot so I always experience massive schadenfreude when she is exposed or put in an embarrassing situation.

I don't know why women try to hide their plastic surgery because these women know exactly what their castmates looked like before they had a procedure. I mean I probably wouldn't register a change in Wendy's ass but obviously someone in real life would. Also the producers might just as well have had a chyron stating TUMMY TUCK when they did a close up of Wendy's stomach in the surgeon's office with the tell tale creasing.

I guess the Chris' baby mama gave permission for filming. I didn't see anything dysfunctional with how the kids were interacting with Candiace so I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt as I think she would probably be a fun stepmother. If the kids seemed uncomfortable I am going to chalk it up to being shy in the presence of cameras but so far the interactions don't seem as if the kids view her as the evil stepmother.

I admit to being surprised by the fact that she looked like a pretty decent stepmother. But, it's early in the season so....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The mortgage, yes.  Not sure how much it would have been if she had purchased low and she and Dorothy had been making payments and I assume, in this market that the condo appreciated.  

It wasn't solely her townhouse, but I got the impression she and Dorothy owned it together.  Did she ever say it was solely Dorothy's and she was just living in it? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Candiace's stepdaughter seems shy. Earlier this year she wandered into one of Candiace's videos and just stood there being all cute and shy. Plus I think she was confused as to why Gizelle was there in the first place.  Even Chris seemed annoyed by her presence.

Karen lives in the land of make believe. I wouldn't be surprised if she rents that house just for filming. I don't see Ray going along with her nonsense, unless he's just as delusional as she is.

I would be annoyed by her presence and I don't doubt she scares young children. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

but I got the impression she and Dorothy owned it together.  Did she ever say it was solely Dorothy's and she was just living in it? 

It was solely in Dorothy’s trust name, someone posted the property records on a Facebook group her first season.

Also, based on public records it was purchased for $693k in 2013.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, chlban said:

She came across as very demanding, asking for snacks in someone else's home. I can understand if Wendy or Robyn did that, because they're friends with Candiace off camera. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, spunky said:

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

36 is mia's aspirational age.  Her actual age has to be like 45+

I do think that the overly botoxed, garishly fillered face is such a staple on reality TV that it really gives women an ageless quality, but not in a good way.  There are 29 year Olds and 55 year Olds all sporting the same gaudy look so it can be hard to tell age.    

41 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Candace should make enough from the show to qualify for 600k, id think. 

I totally agree that the size of the house seems ridiculous.  I had thought that maybe they were buying it as an investment since home prices are on the rise and she may have purchased in an up and coming area.  But then she seemed to be customizing certain rooms, so I don't know.  

14 minutes ago, chlban said:

Supposedly, not sure if this is true, Candiass's house was on the market for 4 years so they might have got a good deal. It probably would be more if they had bought it this year with the real estate market going crazy in most cities.

The overly done look Mia has makes women look ageless in an uncanny valley sort of way....similar to a mannequin...just creepy. I have heard that the Kardashians look great in Instagram photos but weird in person due to all the work they have done...I bet Mia is the same way. Also, there is no way that woman is 36.

DJ Richie Sky says that he thought Gizelle treated the stepdaughter and Chris like hired help, particularly the way she handed her coat to the stepdaughter. I do not know if I agree with this but I do find G's reaction a little strange. This was not exact but...

Gizelle- "You have beautiful eyes"

Candiass-"She gets told that all the time"

Gizelle- "So do I" laughs

Child- Looks confused

I wish Gizelle had never brought Jamal onto this show. That man is trash and he, of course, ditched her again. She should have listened to her daughters and father.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, spunky said:

It's Common Core, I bet.  My kids learned it and I CANNOT wrap my head around it.  And I work in finance, so I get numbers.  It has to do with rounding up and down.. I think.  But it works, my kids can add and subtract in their heads really quick!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Supposedly, not sure if this is true, Candiass's house was on the market for 4 years so they might have got a good deal. It probably would be more if they had bought it this year with the real estate market going crazy in most cities.

The overly done look Mia has makes women look ageless in an uncanny valley sort of way....similar to a mannequin...just creepy. I have heard that the Kardashians look great in Instagram photos but weird in person due to all the work they have done...I bet Mia is the same way. Also, there is no way that woman is 36.

DJ Richie Sky says that he thought Gizelle treated the stepdaughter and Chris like hired help, particularly the way she handed her coat to the stepdaughter. I do not know if I agree with this but I do find G's reaction a little strange. This was not exact but...

Gizelle- "You have beautiful eyes"

Candiass-"She gets told that all the time"

Gizelle- "So do I" laughs

Child- Looks confused

I wish Gizelle had never brought Jamal onto this show. That man is trash and he, of course, ditched her again. She should have listened to her daughters and father.

I think at first Candiace's bonus daughter came downstairs out of curiosity and then became confused by Gizelle. She probably told Chris about the coat so he was probably already annoyed. 

I did research as to why some people use bonus children instead of stepchildren.  It turns out that the term originated by people who became parents to orphans. Therefore they were stepping in as the parent.  Since the children's parents are still alive,  people like Candiace see themselves as a bonus parent.

3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It's Common Core, I bet.  My kids learned it and I CANNOT wrap my head around it.  And I work in finance, so I get numbers.  It has to do with rounding up and down.. I think.  But it works, my kids can add and subtract in their heads really quick!

It is Common Core. I suspect that's also what Chris' daughter was doing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

The size of the house seems semi-reasonable to me. Doesn't Chris have a third child that he was trying to contact? If he wants each of his (3?) children to have their own room, and Mama Dorothy gets her own permanent guest room, then that leaves one room for guests/storage/home office, etc.

Candiace seems to be on her best behavior now that Monique is gone and her stepchildren are around. I wonder what will make her crack.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Doesn't Chris have a third child that he was trying to contact?

He doesn’t have a relationship with the child and is probably 17 or 18 at this point. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

The size of the house seems semi-reasonable to me. Doesn't Chris have a third child that he was trying to contact? If he wants each of his (3?) children to have their own room, and Mama Dorothy gets her own permanent guest room, then that leaves one room for guests/storage/home office, etc.

Candiace seems to be on her best behavior now that Monique is gone and her stepchildren are around. I wonder what will make her crack.

LOL.  When we grew up, my sister and I shared a room.  The concept of everyone having their own room never crossed my mind.  

Dorothy is a trip, who the hell even made a life-sized cardboard cut out of her in a sequined evening gown. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

During the episode  Candiace says Chris is still doing online cooking classes. Is that lucrative? 

It can be depending on their social media following. It really took off during lockdown both as a way for cooks/chefs to supplement their income because restaurants were closed/limited hours and staff and people bored at home either for entertainment or to pick up a skill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Candiace's square footage is no more ridiculous than anyone else's.  A 6 bedroom house is going to be larger than the standard 3 or 4 bedroom house.  If we're not going to say Karen & Ray have too much square footage, then we shouldn't say Candiace has too much square footage. 

The only person who has an issue with square footage is Ashley because it does not appear that penthouse (which is larger than what is shown on TV) will have enough running room for 2 small children.  But we know why Kickback Jack isn't trying to buy a house with a yard for kids because he doesn't want Ashley to be able to lay claim to it.

I've never shared a room so the concept of my parents having to share rooms with their siblings always blows my mind.  First world problems.

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

DJ Richie Sky says that he thought Gizelle treated the stepdaughter and Chris like hired help, particularly the way she handed her coat to the stepdaughter.

Yes she did.  I doubt Gizelle would've handed her coat like that to Robyn's kids like that.

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

The overly done look Mia has makes women look ageless in an uncanny valley sort of way....similar to a mannequin...just creepy

Mia gives me Jen Shah feels.

BUT, I will say I liked the way she handled Wendy because that was very nasty how Wendy asked her about her surgeries. 

People are clutching their pearls about how Mia ran down all the work she had done but in fairness to Mia, Wendy did ask and Mia gave her the answers she needed.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It doesn't matter if there was a mortgage on it, if it sold over what it was purchased for and there weren't any other mortgages on the property, Candiace should've had a nice sum of equity to roll over into the new house.

The people who blare about "generational wealth" are the same individuals who look down on Candiace for getting financial help from her mother.  When the time comes, Gizelle will be doing the same thing for her daughters as Dorothy is doing for hers.  Karen, Former Cast Member and others will be doing the same for their children as Dorothy is doing for her child.  They're going to be buying their kids cars, condos, giving them down payments on houses, getting them the hookup for jobs etc and nobody will bat a fake eyelash.  But Candiace gets blasted for not struggling (when the people on the show looking down on her did not struggle either).

Gizelle, Robyn, Katie & Candiace all grew up in similar privileged backgrounds and I'm pretty sure Robyn's parents are currently helping her out just like Katie & Candiace's mothers are helping them out but only Candiace gets the flak.  Interesting.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace should've had a nice sum of equity to roll over into the new house.

She didn’t own it to roll over into anything. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

The people who blare about "generational wealth" are the same individuals who look down on Candiace for getting financial help from her mother.  When the time comes, Gizelle will be doing the same thing for her daughters as Dorothy is doing for hers.  Karen, Former Cast Member and others will be doing the same for their children as Dorothy is doing for her child.  They're going to be buying their kids cars, condos, giving them down payments on houses, getting them the hookup for jobs etc and nobody will bat a fake eyelash.  But Candiace gets blasted for not struggling (when the people on the show looking down on her did not struggle either).

Gizelle, Robyn, Katie & Candiace all grew up in similar privileged backgrounds and I'm pretty sure Robyn's parents are currently helping her out just like Katie & Candiace's mothers are helping them out but only Candiace gets the flak.  Interesting.

The other women have moments when they are likeable. Candyass, not so much.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

The other women have moments when they are likeable. Candyass, not so much.

Disliking Candiace isn't going to make her move into a small 1970s tri-level to satisfy our needs.

4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She didn’t own it to roll over into anything. 

But her mom did and if her mom gave her the money, as many parents do give their children money for down payments, that's where the generational wealth comes into play.  Why should Candiace have to financially struggle because we don't like her?

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Why should Candiace have to financially struggle because we don't like her?

I never suggested any such thing, just that she didn’t get the mortgage based on the equity that she had in the townhouse. Maybe she dipped into the trust she keeps mentioning, maybe she and Chris made good financial investments and didn’t spend a lot of her RHOP paycheck, maybe Dorothy or her dad  gave them some for the down payment. All of these things are possible but none of them had anything to do with the what I posted.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

During the episode  Candiace says Chris is still doing online cooking classes. Is that lucrative? 

It might be for him, he can be booked through Try Hungry. He was wearing their mask during the reunion. Candiace does a way better job of promoting his cooking classes on her Instagram than he does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I never suggested any such thing, just that she didn’t get the mortgage based on the equity that she had in the townhouse.

But that's not what you said.  You said the townhouse wasn't owned by Candiace and there was a mortgage on it (implying Dorothy held the mortgage).

Candiace absolutely could get a mortgage on her new home with the equity of the townhouse if Dorothy gave her the equity as a gift for the down payment.

27 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Nobody is asking Candyass to do that.

You're right, no one did ask Candiace to do that.  But a lot of cast and viewers are mighty pressed that she doesn't have to.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But that's not what you said.  You said the townhouse wasn't owned by Candiace and there was a mortgage on it (implying Dorothy held the mortgage).

Candiace absolutely could get a mortgage on her new home with the equity of the townhouse if Dorothy gave her the equity as a gift for the down payment.

31 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

It is quite literally exactly what I said. Public records show the townhouse was in Dorothy’s name and we know there was a mortgage in Dorthy’s name because they have talked about it on the show. They literally stated they took over the payments, you don’t do that if it’s your mortgage. I made absolutely no reference to them getting a new mortgage on their new house because I have no idea and to my knowledge Candiace has never stated that Dorothy gave them a gift of the down payment. 

• Love 3