Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I need to step up my game 

all you need to do is state your opinion when asked apparently, who knew it would be this easy. They said i am judgybabykaren. DAMN STRAIGHT! (although, by calling me judgy karen, you yourself are judging me, therefore, the owner of the page shall now be called, hypocrite karen)

Edited by Lindsay Loo Hoo
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Some of y’all made this new ig page 

772768DA-12A7-4773-BE10-14827F5C95D8.jpeg

Seems these type of DCC groups are so bored all they want to do is quote and complain about Primetimer, Reddit and the like. We have nice (and often hilarious) members here.  We also say nice things but of course, that never gets quoted.  🙄

This hot_takes_whatever_Karens group looks just as bad if not worse, for posting the above. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

YES! I’m the first post!! 👑 😆

Disclaimer: this account was not created by me 😜

WELCOME to the karens club! I feel so honored to have been worthy enough to have been posted on the page myself. Thank you all! i couldnt have done it without you!

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Ahahhhaaaaahahahaaa! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is hilarious.

Again, loud enough for people in the back, this board is not a fan site.

Some of these girls weren’t even born when Mighty Big TV (the great -great?- grandfather of these forums) was first started. The subsequent TWOP forums would’ve had them in tears. I always give the DCC from the early days of MTT credit…they just powered on despite what was posted.

With that being said, IMO all these girls are incredibly talented, and 99.99% are waaaay above average in looks. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Ahahhhaaaaahahahaaa! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is hilarious.

Again, loud enough for people in the back, this board is not a fan site.

Some of these girls weren’t even born when Mighty Big TV (the great -great?- grandfather of these forums) was first started. The subsequent TWOP forums would’ve had them in tears. I always give the DCC from the early days of MTT credit…they just powered on despite what was posted.

With that being said, IMO all these girls are incredibly talented, and 99.99% are waaaay above average in looks. 

oh can i state who the .01 percent is pleasE? i might get back on the page! lol

• LOL 13

I'm confused - the latest post says the girls read negative stuff about themselves and it steals their joy, but how many still follow those forums where the negative stuff is posted?

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

um...... i already thought people had too much time on their hands but... geez, do some of the fans take breaks??? i guess not...

1 minute ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I have my theories on who could have started that page (someone(s) from Reddit, not Primetimer), as a topic on Reddit is often about "Big ol, mean ol Primetimer". I just never understood people who like to call out "bullying" by bullying. Reminds me of the many issues with "Cancel Culture". It's extremely counterproductive. Don't like what's posted, ignore it. I don't always agree with what's posted here, Reddit, or anywhere else, but I don't get up in arms about it. Everyone doesn't always have to agree.

Agree, this was definitely someone from Reddit. Notice how their "love" button is in the format people have when they don't have an account. 

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Oooopps...........I have nothing against Rachel, I think she is sweet, sincere and good looking but I will confess to being Team Gina ( I think you could have worked that out by now). I have posted this photo because I think it proves that even someone as stunning as Rachel can be exposed by the camera shutter as can any of the girls. Whoever said "the camera never lies" LIED! It exposes transitional images that the human eye would probably never see or the brain process.

240299340_987203002067522_2406465140555294973_n_1629930492498.jpg

But seriously even Rachel’s worst pic is better than most. I still I find her vacant & dull tho…

Edited by TB12
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, TB12 said:

But seriously even Rachel’s worst pic is better than most. I still I find her vacant & dull tho…

I sincerely think that if Rachel chilled out on the heavy eyeliner and the white inner liner, her eyes wouldn't look so sleepy/droopy, which would make her look less vacant. But we know that's not gonna change most likely lol

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, TB12 said:

7 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

I sincerely think that if Rachel chilled out on the heavy eyeliner and the white inner liner, her eyes wouldn't look so sleepy/droopy, which would make her look less vacant. But we know that's not gonna change most likely lol

GIF by Lucifer

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Do you not think the way Chandi is dancing thunder along with Ashlee and how much they rock it shows how …..flat is maybe the best word, Rachel is as point? 

Absolutely!  You forgot Rachel is point with Chandi and Ashlee flanking her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I thought that at first too, but the account follows a ton of DCC and staff.  None follow back, but I’m not surprised it caught some attention when the cheerleaders saw who their new follower was.  The account says they “support” all DCC and staff, but then put more negative content out there. I think a cheerleader is more likely to accidentally see something scrolling on Instagram vs. purposely coming here or Reddit. And at least on these two sources, it’s easy to ignore posters who are consistently mean spirited in a way that doesn’t meaningfully contribute to the conversation.  There will always be haters and critics, but at least some have a sense of humor worth reading and carry on a conversation.  

For what it’s worth, I agree with the cheerleader that wrote to the account creator…and as a side note, WTF font are they using in their app for that screen shot? It’s like Disney had a baby with comic sans.  

I like this site for the insider information, added dance links, the audition sleuthing, etc. It’s a great group of contributors with some people who are low value. Hide, move on, and man I miss the MBTV rule of no boards on boards. (And also requiring you to have read at least a few pages back.) 

Right - it's much easier to avoid primetimer and reddit than it is instagram. These hurtful and snarky screenshots being put into the instagram universe only amplifies the negative. IMO, it makes it more hurtful to the subject (i.e. McKenzie, Lea, Dani). 

I would guess an idea for the Instagram account would be so supporters can snark back at the hater on Instagram without their comment being removed. I called out someone quite awhile ago for fat shaming here, their post never got taken down, but me just pointing out how gross fat shaming was got my post removed. Snark at the DCC, don't snark at each other seems to be the #1 rule of primetimer. It seems Hot Takes is trying to circumvent that so defenders have a voice without censorship, but their method of delivery is not quite working out yet.

https://www.instagram.com/hot_takes_off_the_boards/

• Love 8
5 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Oooopps...........I have nothing against Rachel, I think she is sweet, sincere and good looking but I will confess to being Team Gina ( I think you could have worked that out by now). I have posted this photo because I think it proves that even someone as stunning as Rachel can be exposed by the camera shutter as can any of the girls. Whoever said "the camera never lies" LIED! It exposes transitional images that the human eye would probably never see or the brain process.

240299340_987203002067522_2406465140555294973_n_1629930492498.jpg

I was actually thinking "wow Rachel and Chandi look very sexy in this photo. My eyes passed Gina and Amber and went straight to Rachel and Chandi"

I guess we will always have different opinions on a photo.

• Love 11

Wow that instagram account is such a hypocrite. Sometimes we say mean stuff about the girls on this forum but we know we are saying some shitty things and it's all kept here out of the girls eyes. This account is putting all that out into the world and it thinks it's doing the DCC a favor. Even though a DCC told it to stop it is going to continue. 

this page does not exist to amplify the petty, cowardly criticisms made by internet trolls, rather, it exists to troll the trolls and praise the fans.

This makes me laugh.

• Love 9
Just now, Kamal said:

Wow that instagram account is such a hypocrite. Sometimes we say mean stuff about the girls on this forum but we know we are saying some shitty things and it's all kept here out of the girls eyes. This account is putting all that out into the world and it thinks it's doing the DCC a favor. Even though a DCC told it to stop it is going to continue. 

This makes me laugh.

The girls read this site apprently 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Seems these type of DCC groups are so bored all they want to do is quote and complain about Primetimer, Reddit and the like. We have nice (and often hilarious) members here.  We also say nice things but of course, that never gets quoted.  🙄

This hot_takes_whatever_Karens group looks just as bad if not worse, for posting the above. 🤷‍♀️

I agree. It's honestly really weird to make that..

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I have an EXTREMELY good guess at who made this and it's someone who constantly hates on PT on reddit and always fights with people on the boards. A little desperate if you ask me lmfao..

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

At the end of the day, some posters absolutely say some negative things, and we all have opinions on looks or dance skill, etc. but every person on Earth has opinions. Doesn't make the positive or negative ones facts. The good thing about a place like this is that we all support and will go to bat for at least someone(s) on the squad, so there will always be a defender to combat the negativity any girl may get.

I think it's obvious that most of us agree that EACH AND EVERY ONE of these girls are all extraordinary, talented, beautiful young women who deserve massive respect for following their dream, and making it to where they are today. Pages like that aren't defending or supporting. Just amplifying any negativity. It's pretty pointless.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Oh, COME ON!!!

I swear sometimes I believe there are people who think we have weird chanting and ritualizing going on like some occult from Eyes Wide Shut. Getting ridiculous. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Everyone knows that Rachel has hooded eyelids because she’s a quarter Japanese, right?

I’m not referring to her droopy eyelids, I’ve never even thought of her eyes as droopy, I’m talking about her eyes that appear dead there is not sparkle or life behind them and that has nothing to do with her being half anything but thanks

Edited by TB12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I’m not referring to her droopy eyelids, I’ve never even thought of her eyes as droopy, I’m talking about her eyes that appear dead there is not sparkle or life behind them and that has nothing to do with her being half anything but thanks

?  I wasn’t calling you out. I don’t think you said that specifically anyway, except for your response here. But yes, her lower set eyelids and dark brown eyes do give her a different look. In general I don’t think many people realize her ethnic heritage. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

here is a video of the plaza preformance from when I went I took video from the inside as it was so hot 

Thanks for sharing! Was this during halftime? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

and as a side note, WTF font are they using in their app for that screen shot? It’s like Disney had a baby with comic sans.  

Yes!! Oof. At a previous point in my career, I produced symposia for the American Academy of Dermatology. Physicians LOVE themselves some comic sans in their slide decks. I shudder to think of the hours on hours we spent re-formatting to brand standards. Honestly I'm surprised comic sans hasn't been addressed in a Dr. Rick commercial for Progressive 😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

here is a video of the plaza preformance from when I went I took video from the inside as it was so hot 

Thanks, Holly, from me as well.  It's always a lot more fun seeing the ladies dance to the actual song the dance was choreographed to rather than whatever off sounding tune CMT uses.

• Love 14

I haven't heard that song in a while (Prince, Baby I'm a Star) so had to google it...1984.  It was on the Purple Rain album.  OMG I'm 1000 years old.  None of the DCC were even born when it came out. Shoot, 99% of the NFL players weren't either.  (Shout out to Tom Brady.)

Such an amazing album, though, and I think I'll go watch his Super Bowl half-time again.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I have an EXTREMELY good guess at who made this and it's someone who constantly hates on PT on reddit and always fights with people on the boards. A little desperate if you ask me lmfao..

Apprently one or two of the dcc asked the person who made the account to take it down 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Apprently one or two of the dcc asked the person who made the account to take it down 

Did the Insta account delete some of the original posts?  Seems most of what’s there is now stuff posted here regarding the Instagram account itself. 

9 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Did the Insta account delete some of the original posts?  Seems most of what’s there is now stuff posted here regarding the Instagram account itself. 

It looks like all was deleted but the comments abt this board knowing abt it 

Edited by Holly85
27 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It looks like all was deleted but the comments abt this board knowing abt it 

Love the video you just posted - is that Caroline toward the beginning with more shag layered hair? I can't tell on my phone. I know I gave her hell for looking so soccer mom but they really need to fix her look. Too talented to not make her point.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Love the video you just posted - is that Caroline toward the beginning with more shag layered hair? I can't tell on my phone. I know I gave her hell for looking so soccer mom but they really need to fix her look. Too talented to not make her point.

Yes that’s Caroline 

• Love 1

Since camp is over, do we need a current season thread?  Maybe we can amend this one to include current DCC and social media? I can’t remember how we had it last year. Gave a quick scan and looks like this is still the best place. 

I don’t remember seeing it posted, but Dani got the Abbey Bear this week. Probably a sweet boost after a rough game if the timing is right? She posted this four days ago, and their last game was 8/21. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4_r1EF3MP/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Agree. Ngl I haven't been a fan of her look since I first saw her. And it's definitely her hair. It ages her so much. Side note: I loved this little throwback dance! I wonder if they took it out of the archives lol

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

It’s not who you think it is 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, StellaCL said:

me just pointing out how gross fat shaming was got my post removed. Snark at the DCC, don't snark at each other seems to be the #1 rule of primetimer.

Yep, I've been grounded on here a few times for defending the DCC specifically Meredith and how too often she was pooped on.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Is it Marshall?

19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Ayyyyyyy I made it! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1