Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I remember when the DCCs were to supposed to look "sexy." Sigh.

I think she's someone's brand of sexy, though.  She looks super young to me (Marissa too!) but there's probably some Gen Z out there whose minds are blown.  Or however old she is.  There have been some TCC out there where I totally DID NOT GET IT, but I don't mind Lea.  So far, anyway!  

Edited by kalibean
Grammar.
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Or the rookies are late because Rachel and Jaylyn are in time with each other.

434524A3-A237-4482-98E9-836C931CCEBF.jpeg

I feel awful for Dani!! I hope TPTB didn't give her too much crap over this. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I remember when the DCCs were to supposed to look "sexy." Sigh.

There’s no reason why they shouldn’t with all the cosmetic and aesthetic hook ups they have🤔 I don’t know if they’re being stingy or not wanting to do any dramatic changes but I think little changes would go a long way for some of the girls. They need to give her longer hair asap. It’s giving old soccer mom vibes 😭 she has a beautiful face. 

• Love 2

I was not a fan of Marissa last year(I always thought she had tons of showmanship and stood out dance wise) but she has really grown on me this year. She looks great and has a unique look for some reason. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I know it's only August but I literally can't help starting to make predictions for next year. We already know Taylor is retiring and I'm sure Lexie will too. I think Madeline and Erin will as well. I'm on the fence about Gina.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

So I found some videos of the Meet the Team DCC event from someone who works with Marissa and Jalyn at a dance studio. 

you can see a lot of rookies. 

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.webster0531/videos

That was great, thanks for posting. A few thoughts they really do repurpose the same dance counts over and over and over regardless of the song. Also, Erin looks really old compared to the rest of them almost like the stunning big sister of the group. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, dfwxo said:

I was not a fan of Marissa last year(I always thought she had tons of showmanship and stood out dance wise) but she has really grown on me this year. She looks great and has a unique look for some reason. 

yes she has for me too. My dream is for Marissa and Gina to dance next to each other. My only critique is that her energy sometimes makes her over-exaggerate some moves and it seems weird or it looks like she's doing a different dance. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lexie3248 said:

So I found some videos of the Meet the Team DCC event from someone who works with Marissa and Jalyn at a dance studio. 

Thanks for sharing those. Madeline M made a mistake in her quarter change group, oops. 

Marissa has a lot of power and she's grown on me but she still dances and looks like a high schooler to me. 

They need some new moves though. It doesn't surprise me when the girls mess up when they're using the same 10 moves over and over again but in different sequences.

I thought Rachel W was funny when she said all the dances feel the same in her rookie season but sounds like she was right!

Did anyone finalise the groups? These videos are somewhat helpful but crop out half of them! I'd love someone to create a graphic when we know for sure. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lexie3248 said:

yes she has for me too. My dream is for Marissa and Gina to dance next to each other. My only critique is that her energy sometimes makes her over-exaggerate some moves and it seems weird or it looks like she's doing a different dance. 

I agree that Marissa stands out and has a lot of pop and showmanship, but if you watch her closely she seems off a lot of the time from the DCC around her. 

• Love 6
On 8/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, pancakes said:

They looked great in what I saw of them in the triangle. Gina really sparkled as point. 

I was shocked to see the low kicks and poor timing on the kick-line, but the more I think about it they only have 14 girls out of 36 that have danced on the field before (not counting this years rookies or the second years who danced on the decks last year) so maybe that has something to do with it? I hope they're able to work out those details in practice.

Maybe Kelli and Judy should have thought about that when they cut so many veterans last year. They do not look "world class" in any of these clips. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

From looking at these videos in 99% sure these are the groups:

Group 1:
Vets- Lexie, Ashlee, Chandi, Elli, Marisa, Jessica
Rookies- Christina, Jensen, Tyra

Group 2:
Vets- Gina, Erin, Madeline M, Armani, Claire
Rookies- Ashlinn, Amber L, Kelee, Megan

Group 3:
Vets- Rachel, Amber M, Kristen, Dani, Darian, Mckenzie
Rookies- Kaydinna, Kliene, Lea

Group 4:
Vets- Caroline, Jayln, Taylor, Kat, Kelcey, Jada
Rookies- Madeline S, Rebecca, Tori

Edited by MegzClarkie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I am also 99% sure these are the triangle formations too. Changed a little from the last one I posted with some of the rookies swapping places at the back. I have seen other peoples diagrams on FB and we have all come up with the same thing.

24772740_Screenshot2021-08-24at19_49_25.thumb.png.f729d00f1e7719fd6b05479d2e8ad455.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Thanks for posting these!  Kelee, Tori, Ashlinn, Christina, Tyra, and Lea..... they are sooooo good!  They POP!!  They remind me of the earlier seasons of DCC when the squad was filled with powerhouse dancers.

Chandi is KILLING it this year, I was watching her more than Rachel in Thunderstruck. 

I'm actually excited to see everyone's journey on MTT.

• Love 16
On 8/22/2021 at 11:11 AM, MeeMee2 said:

I think she looks the same and gorgeous! Love how McKenzie and Claire are a bit curvy.  

I sooooo agree!!  Love them both!!!   Which is one of the many reasons I thought Kashara was so fabulous and  happy that she was point ~ because she had CURVES!!  

• Love 17
On 8/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think it looks better to have a variety of fit sizes, but yeah VK helped Sydney - who I thought was gorgeous - Makenzie, Claire, etc. some of the prob size 4 instead of size 00 be acceptable. They all balanced each other more. I'd honestly rather see this than the ones who look like literally little girls with implants.  

Ya know, if only the era of "Victorian Cherub" was honored and revered once again,  I would rock the point every. dance AND be on the cover of the calendar. Not to pat myself on my soft, padded back

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
On 8/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Not a fan of her look...at.....all. 

well I think she's cute and clearly tptb think so too and she actually seems like a good dancer. I don't know why people are so hard on her about her look.

• Love 15
On 8/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, dccfan204 said:

Dance wise, how would you rank the 2nd year veterans? Is this accurate?

Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, Armani, Darian, Dani, Elli, Jada, Jessica

IMO........ Claire, Armani, Dani, Elli~ McKenzie (equal but different style), Darian, Marissa, Jada, Jessica

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

well I think she's cute and clearly tptb think so too and she actually seems like a good dancer. I don't know why people are so hard on her about her look.

Some people just don't think she's attractive. That's how it goes for a lot of the DCCs. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, KoKo said:

IMO........ Claire, Armani, Dani, Elli~ McKenzie (equal but different style), Darian, Marissa, Jada, Jessica

I feel like Claire edges out the others a bit and is more well rounded in most styles and her extension, kicks, feet, etc are WOW!

But I am not taking anything away from the others.  This is a very strong group.

I would say Claire, McKenzie, Marissa, Elli, Dani, Armani (only this far down the list because of the mean girl rumor floating around), Darian, Jada and Jessica in this order.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Chandi is KILLING it this year, I was watching her more than Rachel in Thunderstruck. 

I'm actually excited to see everyone's journey on MTT.

Do you not think the way Chandi is dancing thunder along with Ashlee and how much they rock it shows how …..flat is maybe the best word, Rachel is as point? 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, KoKo said:

I think Mackenzie is way up there. Her solo last year was bomb (so was Claire's). I would rate her on a par with Gina as a soloist (and that's saying something).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah do we know who the new "assistant director" that I don't care about is? Lol

I really don’t think there is one it’s been over two weeks since we have heard that so 

• Love 7

Gina's costume for what I suspect was another "bomb" solo. Sorry it's a bit blurred ....that's Gina's fault.

VideoCapture_20210824-230057.jpg

9 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

Is anyone else wondering where lemonbus, Dr Manhattan and even Rodeo Drive have disappeared to?! 

Maybe they are interviewing for Assistant Director.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Branmuffin said:

This is new. Don’t remember them ever doing a “social sweetheart.” Interesting timing with all the chatter about Dani right now.

DBA90279-55C9-4D84-82F5-FE7B029473C1.jpeg

Aww, good for Dani! I think this is that image that should be getting shared so that it can cancel out the one of her falling.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Omg they KILLED the Womanizer one!

Is Tyra the one on the end with the curly hair in the group behind the one being videoed. Bc I want to watch her dance backward more than the group being filmed.

Also Kellee OMG FUTURE POINT.

34 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

You mean to tell me some of you actually find Lea attractive....Different strokes i guess 

Screenshot (285).png

She's cute. Not a glam stunner like Kat or whoever, but she's cute. Reminds me of Melissa Rycroft and she did fine as a DCC. 

I know yall going to hate me for this but I don't get the Dani obsession. Sold dancer, perfect body, pretty girl, but I don't think she's a stunner. Very pretty yes, one of the prettiest of all time, not by far. 

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Here's a better pic of Madeline S. where she doesn't look so white lol I think its mostly the lighting of that photo.

2047204735_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_53_18PM.png.5a07c91b3f218e5fee366142c924bfc2.png

Madeline S. looks so pretty! I'm glad she is getting the chance to shine as a legacy without Victoria around because I think if Victoria had been there, Madeline's screentime would either have been minimized or Victoria's would have gone into hyperdrive.

• Love 13

1322538808_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_57_52PM.png.8e37764b8475bb71a5d3c3078d024782.png

Lea- who I think is super adorable, and Kelee who is stunning

Poor Lea looks like she's straining to maintain the leg lift. If you look at their expressions & neck positions, Kelee seems more relaxed while Lea's neck muscles seem to be tense from her holding her posture up & that smile kind of makes it look like she's inwardly screaming, "oh my God! Hold on and keep smiling."

• Love 3

1322538808_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_57_52PM.png.8e37764b8475bb71a5d3c3078d024782.png

Lea- who I think is super adorable, and Kelee who is stunning

I have been intrigued by Kelee since first learning she auditioned.  At the time, I went and looked at all her Rangerette photos.  She is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of her dancing.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I know yall going to hate me for this but I don't get the Dani obsession. Sold dancer, perfect body, pretty girl, but I don't think she's a stunner. Very pretty yes, one of the prettiest of all time, not by far. 

It's so strange that as of like the last week literally everyone is acting like Dani is the second coming and Christ and the prettiest girl to walk the earth in the history of the world. It's so bizarre. She was barely even mentioned before

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Nah.  No hate from me.  The thing I like about Dani is she seems naturally pretty, not over done (if that makes sense).  But I find others to be just as pretty if not more, like Kelee. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to what attracts them. This discussion reminds me of one of my favorite youtube artists (a gal called Julie Nolke) who did a video in which she explained why guys might like one type of girl while not liking another type using Buffalo chicken versus Teriyaki chicken. There's nothing wrong with either type of chicken per se, but it just comes down to certain factors. So if every other girl on the team is in demand for being Buffalo style, Lea shouldn't be made to feel bad if she's Teriyaki because there are people who love & want Teriyaki. Anyway, I just think this discussion should not be what defines Lea on the team. There are probably other factors about her that have yet to be revealed that make her a great cheerleader.

Oh and in case anyone is curious about the video I mentioned.....

• Love 12
8 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Thanks for this! My thoughts on the rookies!!

• Tyra is really fantastic!!! New girl crush confirmed 100%
  • Christina is fun to watch, hopefully she doesn't become a blender on the show
  • Jensen is super spunky and fun but she makes a lot of mistakes
  • Tori is better than some vets and fully keeps up with Jalyn (she should have made it last year imo)
  • Kelee is a STAR!!
  • Both Lea and KayDianna hit every move HARD, Lea's dancing makes up for any perceived weakness in looks (that I don't think she has lmao)
  • Madeline S, Rebecca, Kleine, Amber L, and Ashlinn are good and keep up with the vets but they are not who my eye is drawn to (in these videos)
  • I didn't see Megan in the videos 

My rookie "fun to watch" ranking based literally only on these videos: Kelee, Tyra, Lea, Tori, KayDianna, Christina, Jensen, Ashlinn, Amber L, Kleine, Rebecca, Madeline S, (no Megan) 

Not surprised that KayDianna, Tori, and Tyra made showgroup! I think this rookie class is great and although the team needs to work on their lines (they're sooooo bad), I like this team!

Also Lexie is so freaking bland she needs to retire. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

• Tori is better than some vets and fully keeps up with Jalyn (she should have made it last year imo)

Tori definitely should have made it last year.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

It's so strange that as of like the last week literally everyone is acting like Dani is the second coming and Christ and the prettiest girl to walk the earth in the history of the world. It's so bizarre. She was barely even mentioned before

Disclaimer: This is a superficial post, since looks are a major topic right now.

I found the Dani thing pretty bizarre too. I think Dani is beautiful. Top 10 in looks on the current team, but I wouldn't put her in the top of all time.

I actually don't get all the Kelee love. I'm sure she's a great dancer, and I can't wait to see just how good all the rookies are, but I don't think she's anywhere close to a stunner like some seem to. I think her looks are pretty average/typical. However, as one poster said, different strokes for different folks for sure. I respect everyone's opinions.

When it comes to Lea, I think her look is definitely unique. Don't know how I feel about it, but if someone is a great dancer, they should get the chance, IMO. I DO think, though, that the pic of her with Kleine and the other girl is one of the best pics Lea has taken. It's not bad at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I agree. I think she's really pretty but not Omg stunning to me. Lol and I don't think she's one of the prettiest of all time either. 

I know a lot of people thought that Alexis was  really stunning as well, but there were a couple of people that disagreed and just thought she was regular pretty. And I, myself don't think Meredith is stunning like so many people do. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I agree. I think she's really pretty but not Omg stunning to me. Lol and I don't think she's one of the prettiest of all time either. 

I know a lot of people thought that Alexis was  really stunning as well, but there were a couple of people that disagreed and just thought she was regular pretty. And I, myself don't think Meredith is stunning like so many people do. 

Yeah lol Alexis and Meredith were just pretty to me, not amazingly stunning. I thought Miranda was one of the most attractive girls on the team in her time 🤷‍♀️

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Yeah lol Alexis and Meredith were just pretty to me, not amazingly stunning. I thought Miranda was one of the most attractive girls on the team in her time 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, im with you too in regards to Alexis and Meredith. I think Katy Fink was one of the prettiest Dccs ever as well as Kinzie

Edited by Lindsay Loo Hoo
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Yeah, im with you too in regards to Alexis and Meredith. I think Katy Fink was one of the prettiest Dccs ever as well as Kinzie

Love Katy, so pretty😍. Also Kinzi, Kelsi, Samantha, Jacie, Meagan McV, Khalyn, Maggie, Carissa and Abigail. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

For me I feel like this is the first time seeing Dani bc of training camp last year/masks I had no clue she was so pretty IMO. I’ve said a bunch I wouldn’t know any of last years rookies at all. As for Alexis I never saw the appeal she was pretty but I never fan girled over her. Meredith meh couldn’t get beyond her vocal fry & all the tears so her looks were irrelevant to me…

• Love 5

While I feel these gals probably have above average looks, I certainly don't think they are the most beautiful beings to walk the earth.  They are carefully designed to look like that, especially while in uniform.  Twenty bucks says that if I ran into any of them at the grocery store completely stripped of makeup and in a messy bun, they would look about the same as any other young gal out there.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

While I feel these gals probably have above average looks, I certainly don't think they are the most beautiful beings to walk the earth.  They are carefully designed to look like that, especially while in uniform.  Twenty bucks says that if I ran into any of them at the grocery store completely stripped of makeup and in a messy bun, they would look about the same as any other young gal out there.

Isn't that against DCC policy ? I remember Kelli telling a few TCC that since every one knows that they are trying out, that they should look polished all the time. Do they wear full makeup and game-ready hair to practice each night ?

I've often wondered  about the dancers who go to campus for school... they must really stand out walking around in Belk attire and full makeup - esp at early classes

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3