Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I completely agree, and it seems that they've started to. McKenzie and Claire are both on the curvy side for DCC, and Lisa's body type can't be described as anything other than athletic imo.

I've seen people say this, but I never understood it. VK had noticeably lost weight from the prior year and the girl was tiny. No stomach whatsoever unless she was bending over, but most everyone has that because certain percentages of body fat are required for females to be healthy. To me, she 100% had the DCC look body-wise, and didn't seem bigger than other girls on the team.

Vk looked great when she came back but is overall IMO slightly bigger framed than most DCC now days. Most of the girls from the first few years would be, too. Remember how when Jenna first auditioned they were like oh she wears youth sizes! So tiny! Now almost all of them are that little.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

My opinions...1.  Amber...she's a great technical dancer for sure, but I am not as enthralled with her as a lot of people are.  2.  I'm not a fan of Madeline S. there is something about her that just doesn't jive with me.  3.  Dani is much prettier than Rachel W... she's the prettiest one on the team imo.  Next to Dani, Rachel looks more plastic than ever and should avoid being in pictures with her because Dani outshines her by miles.   4.  Lexie has never stood out to me other than her too yellow hair and too tan look.  5.  I agree about Kristin looking tired (she always does but I think it's makeup) and I agree that if Kelli had truly wanted her gone, she would be.  6.  Gina...she does look too thin...if she does have a body image disorder or an eating disorder, then I hope she's able to get the help she needs.  I am not going to say yay or nay on whether I think she has either, bc I don't know her or her eating habits, but she could stand to put a few pounds on. (I will gladly donate some of mine). I think these girls work hard to make and stay on this team, and I applaud all of them... even if some of them aren't my cup of tea.  Regarding the rookies... this is a very strong class and I look forward to seeing game day videos and pictures 🤗

I wud add that Caroline needs a new, more modern hair cut and toned down eye make-up to make her look more her age and sassier. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

The constant body remarks start with TPTB which I why I now notice ladies with "weight issues" TPTB need to appreciate & support womanly, sporty, strong body types... 

But, are we condoning TPTB’s thought processes by continuing to verbalize their same thoughts on body types.  

There was almost no discussion last season regarding weight.  A little about Kristen but nothing about others (unless I am forgetting and maybe I am).

There are curvier ladies on the team now.  Hopefully that is a sign that they realize their ideal body types are outdated and archaic.

• Love 16

I’ve only just realized Kleine is her first name and not her last name. 
That’s…..odd…… It means ‘little one’ or simply ‘small’ in other contexts in Dutch. (Kleine auto—>small car, hey kleine—> hey little one)

I can’t wrap my head around calling a grown woman little one…sorry, I just can’t…

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I’ve only just realized Kleine is her first name and not her last name. 
That’s…..odd…… It means ‘little one’ or simply ‘small’ in other contexts in Dutch. (Kleine auto—>small car, hey kleine—> hey little one)

I can’t wrap my head around calling a grown woman little one…sorry, I just can’t…

From what I can remember from the few German lessons I've had, "kleine" means the same thing it does in Dutch or very close to it.  That reminds me, I should pick up my German lessons again.  The language can be difficult for those not used to but it was fun when I was learning it the first time around.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, go4luca said:

Dani is super cute. Just like Mackenzie Lee, she could go short or long haired and still look beautiful.

danimcginnis_1629572655._FB.jpg

She reminds me of some of the knock outs from the good old days. Late 90s, early to mid 2000’s squads, and some of our faves from the early days of making the team. 

I love her hair like this and she looks so natural. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

But, are we condoning TPTB’s thought processes by continuing to verbalize their same thoughts on body types.  

There was almost no discussion last season regarding weight.  A little about Kristen but nothing about others (unless I am forgetting and maybe I am).

There are curvier ladies on the team now.  Hopefully that is a sign that they realize their ideal body types are outdated and archaic.

Good point. I wonder if they are doing more weight checks like before finals... or letting the vets  know about their figure when they state they are returning. 

Or maybe since they didn't have access to the infamous world's largest HD screen, or the fancy body-mass ratio tools the trainers have , they were a little rusty in looking for weight issues the old fashioned way during finals.

Kuddos to everyone for not putting on the quarantine -15 lbs, 👏 

Edited by sATL
4 minutes ago, bentheswimmer11 said:

Here’s the new entrance from the corner. Not perfected yet but you get the idea (not my video)

I would admit it must really suck to be the visiting team, after this grand entrance.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

23 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Aww she looks beautiful! Love her hair and makeup as it looks so natural.

You both nailed it.  She doesn't appear to use those over the top caterpillar eyelashes some of the ladies favor.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, Victoria was moved to Gina's spot in the Thanksgiving Day game during Thunderstruck when most everyone agreed that there were other girls who were better choices for it, especially after the video showing that she made a VERY visible mistake that should NOT have happened (especially when 35/36 other girls that year, and SO many in previous years, did NOT make that same mistake so it wasn't one that would be considered a rookie mistake).

Oh wow! I had no idea about Victoria being moved up to Gina's spot. What kind of mistake did she make? Well then maybe I should have said that she shouldn't get moved up (even though she may through Kelli's favoritism) if she returns.

Edited by Bellisima08
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I noticed a big difference in weight loss in Kelcey this year. I went back and looked at some old photos, and she really has put the work in! Good for her. 

73BE4CC0-31E1-4A30-8258-5B924EE82181.jpeg

What year is the first picture from? I've never thought there was an issue with her figure and to be fair, when you are bent over like she is here, most people would get a little bit of roll. I would have to see an earlier pic of her standing up to be able to compare her to how she is now, but I will say she looks great in the 2nd pic.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh wow! I had no idea about Victoria being moved up to Gina's spot. What kind of mistake did she make? Well then maybe I should have said that she shouldn't get moved up (even though she may through Kelli's favoritism) if she returns.

Victoria came up at least a count, maybe two, early when they were in the triangle (I think around the time the lyrics say "You've been . . . thunderstruck.").  I can't seem to find the video anymore and the Twitter feed doesn't go back that far unless I'm doing something wrong.  It was the 2019 Thanksgiving Day pre-game when she was bumped up to that spot in the triangle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

She popped up a little early when they were bent down. Lol they quickly deleted it from Instagram when people started calling it out. Although it was still on FB and Twitter.

• Useful 1

I want to go on record as a "go team Taylor". I admire this woman so much. Holding down a full time teaching job and still caring for DCC to the extent that she gives every spare moment to being a cheerleader. That takes dedication and resolve. She has been a solid member of the squad and is loved and respected by her peers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
44 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh wow! I had no idea about Victoria being moved up to Gina's spot. What kind of mistake did she make?

Around the :14 mark you'll see Vic pop up a bit early.  Looks like she was a bit off balance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2021 at 9:45 PM, viccib said:

Congratulations to the new dcc 🥳

Screenshot_20210821-114249_Instagram.jpg

Love seeing some of the girls natural curls get to shine! Marissa's headshot is SO much better than last year! The curled hair really suits her better than how she styled it last year, it aged her way too much.

I think my fave rookie headshots are Kleine, Lea and Tyra, they look great! And holy moly, move over Rachel, Madeline S. is a clear front runner for that "Most Photogenic" title.

Edited to add b/c I can't believe I didn't: JADA. JAADDAAAA. Might just be my new fave since Amanda dipped lol. Her kicks, her dancing, her expressions, everything is just awesome.

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I'm no dance expert, but Jada's kicks are perfection.... whoever is splitting the 50 with her needs to step it up.

Jada’s kicks are outstanding and in my opinion her and Claire have the best kicks on the current team. As far as McKenzie, her and Claire do stand out a little bit because they do have curves, but they look great! I admire Taylor for her dedication to teaching, but it’s time for her and Kristen to retire along with Gina, Rachel and Lexi. Let’s hope Rachel gets pro bowl so there won’t be any reason for her to stay! No offense to any of them. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

Jada’s kicks are outstanding and in my opinion her and Claire have the best kicks on the current team. As far as McKenzie, her and Claire do stand out a little bit because they do have curves, but they look great! I admire Taylor for her dedication to teaching, but it’s time for her and Kristen to retire along with Gina, Rachel and Lexi. Let’s hope Rachel gets pro bowl so there won’t be any reason for her to stay! No offense to any of them. 

I just want someone with more spice to be point. Ashlee and Caroline were robbed!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I know im in the minority here but I think Taylor is stunning. Yeah maybe a sold blender dancer, nothing wrong, but nothing Gina level LOL, but looks wise, I think she's one of the best bodies and prettiest faces there. 

I think she's okay. She's a pretty girl, but I would never call her stunning. 😬 That's just my opinion. Looks are subjective all over the place in the world. 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, LilyD said:

See… that’s my whole issue with this specific group… it’s nothing personal, but I know so little about them and have seen even less. There were only a few appearances (apart from MTT) and in those, they were usually masked which made it even more difficult to recognise them. I have no clue whether they are good but if people out here say they are, I’ll happily take your word for that.

The cuts of beloved vets Brennan & Hannah to add rookies who had zero experience left a bad taste for me.  Marissa, who comes off as an attention seeker.. is also is a turn off.   Hard to invest or care about them for me.  

• Love 12
21 hours ago, bentheswimmer11 said:

I found a partial video of today’s DCC performance 

Idk why I find them interrupting their performance on the screen to play other footage + letting players practice/warm-up while they're on the field so incredibly disrespectful. Yes, I know players need to warm-up before the game starts but dang, these girls don't perform for that long. Irks me hahaha

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

THIS. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that body parts do not remain in stasis when moving or dancing about... No matter how thin or muscled you are, things will squish, jiggle, and move because that's what they're meant to do. We are not made of marble.

These girls are gorgeous and obviously work very hard to be as physically fit as they are. Everyone's body is different, "healthy and fit" looks different on everyone. How about we all try to be a little bit more uplifting and positive okay?

This is a campaign I can get behind. I understand that we can say whatever we wish about anyone on the show, but I believe that talking someone is up is better than talking another down. I'm not really down for scrutinizing those involved in the show on the internet whether I'm partial to them or not, especially when it comes to weight and overall appearance. I think it does more harm than good. Kinda agree with the marble comment as well. Also don't believe the resources we got are enough for me to cast judgement. Some of the things I read here give me pause. Respect to all the women that made the squad and kept weight from getting them cut. Hope Zoom ain't involved in this upcoming season and there's more episodes. I didn't watch 15 because of that. I don't know though.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Khalyn.is.so.hot said:

Before Katy left to be with Jinelle, wasn't she Kelli's assistant? what was her role/job

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Appearance and Special Events Manager

Feb 2014 - May 20195 years 4 months

Frisco, TX

-Act as primary liaison between key clients and the DCC
-Review incoming appearance requests for business compatibility
-Regularly identify new business opportunities; conduct research, make site visits, and find new resources through which to book appearances
-Plan, manage, coordinate and promote appearances and events according to detailed requests, including, but not limited to small and large hospitality events, charity events, and multiple forms of media promotions
-Provide overall logistics management for events including but not limited to transportation, security, and lodging
-Promote public appearances via DCC website and social media platforms to ensure success of appearances, including creating graphics
-Operations Manager over all youth programs and activities, including large youth halftime production at games
-USO Tour Manager

Maintain detailed records on each appearance/event including all correspondence, itineraries, contracts, payment, etc.
-Coordinate and manage all DCC department special events from start to finish

Cheryl (the door lady) was Kelli's assistant

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 8/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, EricaShadows said:

Well, Victoria was moved to Gina's spot in the Thanksgiving Day game during Thunderstruck when most everyone agreed that there were other girls who were better choices for it, especially after the video showing that she made a VERY visible mistake that should NOT have happened (especially when 35/36 other girls that year, and SO many in previous years, did NOT make that same mistake so it wasn't one that would be considered a rookie mistake).

Tess made a far larger mistake as a 5th year, in the front triangle no less.  It happens.

You can see it 2:52 (and where she messes up her footing again at 3:00) in the video below.

Also, I totally remember a video posted on DCC social media where a member of the 2018 team lost her footing during the kickline (I think it was Caroline!?), but I can't find it anymore, maybe it also got removed?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

She reminds me of some of the knock outs from the good old days. Late 90s, early to mid 2000’s squads, and some of our faves from the early days of making the team. 

Yeah! I am all aboard the Dani train.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
8 hours ago, Khalyn.is.so.hot said:

Before Katy left to be with Jinelle, wasn't she Kelli's assistant? what was her role/job

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Appearance and Special Events Manager

And isn't that the role Kashara took on?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

Kelee looks like a much prettier version of Keyra.

I think Kellee is one of the stunners this year. She is another fresh-faced, non-pageanty beauty, which I love.

I get DCC is girl next door mixed with over the top glam, but when you have girls who look more artificial than drag queens, it's not cute. Takes away from their talent when all you see is over the top fake fake fake.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

Kelee looks like a much prettier version of Keyra.

Absolutely. And may I add, with less of an attitude.

Kelee looks like a sweetheart and a locker room favorite.

Edited by Pau84
#TeamKelee
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I just want someone with more spice to be point. Ashlee and Caroline were robbed!

I feel like if Ashlee stays that her and Chandi may share point. Or maybe Amber! Those would be top three in triangle for sure. Not sure how Caroline fits in. She’s a very talented trained dancer, but those aren’t usually the points. Look how boring Amy was at point.  I’m afraid Caroline would be as well. 

Edited by DancerMom
Can’t type!
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Absolutely. And may I add, with less of an attitude.

Kelee looks like a sweetheart and a locker room favorite.

Kelee exudes joy! Bright beautiful smile and gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing this new rookie class dance! 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, vlc said:

The cuts of beloved vets Brennan & Hannah to add rookies who had zero experience left a bad taste for me.  Marissa, who comes off as an attention seeker.. is also is a turn off.   Hard to invest or care about them for me.  

I agree, its not their fault but I feel no connection with them at all...

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Looks like we have our new CMT 2021 MTT banner.

1500x500 V2.jpg

Yay!!! Go Darian!  A beautiful girl finally getting some face time.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Added comment.
  • Love 19

Random questions - Who are y’all ready to see leave?? Who do you think is going to retire next season besides Taylor? What rookie do you think could’ve had it the worst in training camp? Also kinda random but does anyone think Caroline got demoted in the triangle because of the Ozarks drama? Lol

I’m sorry but as beautiful as Lexie is, I think this should be her last season. As well as Kristin. I can’t wait for the team to be absolutely filled with power dancers, no sleepies, no blenders. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Random questions - Who are y’all ready to see leave?? Who do you think is going to retire next season besides Taylor? What rookie do you think could’ve had it the worst in training camp? Also kinda random but does anyone think Caroline got demoted in the triangle because of the Ozarks drama? Lol

I’m sorry but as beautiful as Lexie is, I think this should be her last season. As well as Kristin. I can’t wait for the team to be absolutely filled with power dancers, no sleepies, no blenders. 

I agree with Taylor, Lexie and Kristin. Also ready for Rachel to go and wouldn't be mad if Erin and Madeline M left! 

• Love 11