Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

💯

Getty has so many other good photos to share.  Anyone can have an off day.  No need to broadcast it especially when it's their first season (or game) on the TURF in boots for many of the rookies and year 2 vets.

I'm shocked that they posted TEN PHOTOS.... and two of those were of the fall. Like what the.... Tom Pennington I just wanna talk!!!!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

So, what do y’all think of Lea?

2397BB6D-43FD-4429-AFDD-CF024903B6C3.jpeg

Lea is probably a great dancer who is able to convey the deepest emotions in her dance. She looks like fun too and she looks like she is very creative.

But if we are talking glamour, and that is certainly what I am talking about, she come in last. Least glamourful DCC on the squad and least glamourful DCC in years. Maddie is almost Lana Turner or Rita Hayworth compared to her.

At least she didn’t trip during the kickline. That’s for glamorous women. Just shake it off Dani! Don’t let it get to you!

Edited by Pau84
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

Tess made a far larger mistake as a 5th year, in the front triangle no less.  It happens.

You can see it 2:52 (and where she messes up her footing again at 3:00) in the video below.

Also, I totally remember a video posted on DCC social media where a member of the 2018 team lost her footing during the kickline (I think it was Caroline!?), but I can't find it anymore, maybe it also got removed?

Oh, I believe you.  Unfortunately, Victoria's was the only one I could think of that matched what the original poster was asking about, girls that have made obvious mistakes.  I knew there were others, I just couldn't remember them or when they occurred.  My memory isn't always the greatest at times.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Lona said:

Kleine kickstarting DCC engagement season! Congrats to her and her fiancé! 

296D38BF-9413-4707-A9AE-BE7E9401DC80.jpeg

I was looking at her IG the other day and I think her fiancé has the same last name as her so that’s easy lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

When did this happen?

I feel bad for Dani, but let’s talk about the kick technique of the person two down from Ashlinn yikes! Props to the girl next to Dani for keeping it together! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Lea is probably a great dancer who is able to convey the deepest emotions in her dance. She looks like fun too and she looks like she is very creative.

But if we are talking glamour, and that is certainly what I am talking about, she come in last. Least glamourful DCC on the squad and least glamourful DCC in years. Maddie is almost Lana Turner or Rita Hayworth compared to her.

Julie/Kelli always say they want a variety of different looks so everyone can have a favorite.  I remember them describing former DCC Christina as “sporty” - maybe Lea is filing that niche now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Hmm, I don't think this is a totally flattering picture. I'd have to see how she dances & comes across on the show before I make a total assessment. She seems cute, but I don't know that she has the look & the full package.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DancerMom said:

I feel bad for Dani, but let’s talk about the kick technique of the person two down from Ashlinn yikes! Props to the girl next to Dani for keeping it together! 

The one is Kelcey (3rd year vet) and I think the other is the Rookie Jensen (I don't know the rookie's that well though). Just glad that she recovered quickly and no one got injured.

Edited by whosadcc
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

From an eagle-eyed friend the line-up is Kelcey, Dani, Jensen, Ashlinn, Jalyn, Rachel & Madeline.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

From an eagle-eyed friend the line-up is Kelcey, Dani, Jensen, Ashlinn, Jalyn, Rachel & Madeline.

I feel bad for Dani cause now it’s all over the internet and people are talking abt it and then people complain when they get blocked by them I’m like I wonder why lol I’ve walked on the field even in sneakers it’s slippery  

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I am pretty sure she in Rachel's group. Amber posted a video of herself dancing in Group 3 on Instagram. Based off that video- as that is all I have seen of her dancing- I wasn't impressed. She seemed way of from the rest of the group.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Don't know her well enough to say except to say she could have a heck of a future working for Disney.

1 hour ago, Little Eden said:

Julie/Kelli always say they want a variety of different looks so everyone can have a favorite.  I remember them describing former DCC Christina as “sporty” - maybe Lea is filing that niche now.

Yes! I came to post this - she fills that sporty cute niche. I like a handful sprinkled in with the glamour girls, especially if they have strong dance and the extra sparkle in their style. It’s relatable and good for camps and appearances too IMO. 

She’s giving me Christine Baranski in her early 20’s playing a Disney princess vibes. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

This is new. Don’t remember them ever doing a “social sweetheart.” Interesting timing with all the chatter about Dani right now.

DBA90279-55C9-4D84-82F5-FE7B029473C1.jpeg

She is so gorg. I've been thinking about her all day, just feeling so bad for her lol

• Love 6
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  Not trying to be mean but that's a lot of Casper goin' on.

4 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Looks better than fake orange tan to me. Not everyone is naturally Melaninly Gifted and thats ok.

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I hear you on the fake orange.  But maybe at least some color?  It looks a tad unhealthy to me in this photo.

I think it would be better if her hose weren't so dark. Big contrast there. A little makeup on her stomach area would also help lessen the contrast. No need to go to the tanning bed/get sprayed. Just lessen the difference a little.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Yes! I came to post this - she fills that sporty cute niche. I like a handful sprinkled in with the glamour girls, especially if they have strong dance and the extra sparkle in their style. It’s relatable and good for camps and appearances too IMO. 

She’s giving me Christine Baranski in her early 20’s playing a Disney princess vibes. 

Oh dear lawd Lea the Pixie is 1000x prettier than Christina. That's another one I will never, ever understand dance, looks, personality wise. I see the Christine Baranski vibes and Disney of course though.

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

oh lord 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yea. No way is it even possible to be 100 percent in sync 100 percent of the time. My guess is Rachel and Jalyn and the girl beside her left are more in sync and Dani falling put the other ones off. But remember DCC kick for height not precision. If you see them in real life they are not Rockettes or Rangerettes. There's always some bad technique flopping around trying to maintain height at the end of the kickline. Always. 

• Love 8

Yalll. I'm ashamed to admit but I hate Jada's hair. It looks too triangle not balanced. I love that they're not straightening her hair or forcing a wig but it needs better shape. 

2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

1322538808_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_57_52PM.png.8e37764b8475bb71a5d3c3078d024782.png

Lea- who I think is super adorable, and Kelee who is stunning

They are both super pretty. Kelee may be my new girl crush. I think that other pic of Lea was just a bad shot.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I'm on a hunt to find all the rookies in uniform haha here is Christina:

2011910014_ScreenShot2021-08-23at10_03_22PM.png.a2c783d33cd85c9bfc1a8b25cfe7f309.png

is the person next to her much taller or it is just the angle of the picture? Her leg seems high..

speaking of leg lifts , high kicks into the kick-line, I came across this document ( link ) checklist:

image.png.09547a7c9b0afbdbc79aeb35b7d6a508.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Lea is beautiful! They need to give her some extensions and she’ll be😍😍 The hair is taking away. I really wish they had someone young and fresh come in and help with makeovers who have a better understanding of an updated look. There’s no reason why any of these girls shouldn’t be up to DCC standard. They are all beautiful 

Edited by dfwxo
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I hear you on the fake orange.  But maybe at least some color?  It looks a tad unhealthy to me in this photo.

Some people are just that white.  I often have to tell medical personnel I am not pale; that is just my natural skin tone.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I think she's cute as a button! 

59 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Here's a better pic of Madeline S. where she doesn't look so white lol I think its mostly the lighting of that photo.

2047204735_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_53_18PM.png.5a07c91b3f218e5fee366142c924bfc2.png

Finally! I've been looking all over for a still picture of Madeline S in the uniform. Oh goodness! She looks gorgeous in the uniform! So thrilled for her! 🤍💙

57 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

1322538808_ScreenShot2021-08-23at9_57_52PM.png.8e37764b8475bb71a5d3c3078d024782.png

Lea- who I think is super adorable, and Kelee who is stunning

I love Kelee's look! Her skin looked stunning against the color of the blue and white. 💙🤍 Beautiful girl. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I know a lot of people hate the Cowboys/DCC, but I hope the photo doesn't become some Anti-DCC meme.  Dani deserves better than that.

I hope it don’t either she does deserve better then that I’m sure it’s made it’s way all over social media like Facebook groups ect 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

My post wasn't aimed at you personally (apologies if it came across as such).  I've seen this shared elsewhere.  I just wish the photographer who took it (Tom Pennington),hadn't felt the need to share it with Getty.

Honestly, it’s not Tom Pennington’s fault. When you shoot for Getty they own every single photo you shoot, so he’s contractually obligated to send every shot. Some editor at Getty is responsible for this one getting posted. They seem to love the shots that inspire Schadenfreude.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

So when a DCC makes a glaring mistake like Dani falling during kickline, are they “punished” by K&J? If so, do they move them to an undesirable part of the triangle or inflict some kind of punishment? I hope not. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Kate2006 said:

So when a DCC makes a glaring mistake like Dani falling during kickline, are they “punished” by K&J? If so, do they move them to an undesirable part of the triangle or inflict some kind of punishment? I hope not. 

Honestly it can happen to anyone 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

For the first time, I don’t think so. Mistakes happen. But if it were to happen again, probably. 

However, if Gina/Rachel forgot Thunderstruck once, I think they’d be taken off as point. 

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 3

Can the very talented and wonderful member of this forum that furnishes those great picture posts  make a collage of the TCC ladies that made the team (in uniform would be a plus)?  I need to print it out for when the show starts since I don't know one from the other thanks to TPTB.  No hurry.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, TorProc said:

Is this Madeline Salter?

6353B692-CEC4-4BD0-B822-71E322D55393.jpeg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's a bit of a problem when the shorts are so low that you can see the waistband of the tights peeking out.

• Love 20
14 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Looks better than fake orange tan to me. Not everyone is naturally Melaninly Gifted and thats ok.

Yes, but those tights aren’t doing her any favors either. Tights need to compliment the garment (which they do) but they are also supposed to compliment your skin tone when you are wearing something that exposes a lot of skin. If you get this wrong, body parts are going to stand out and not in a good way. (Madeline’s eerily white stomach) 

They probably see it as part of the uniform but you just can’t have one color in tights, you need more shades.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Can the very talented and wonderful member of this forum that furnishes those great picture posts  make a collage of the TCC ladies that made the team (in uniform would be a plus)?  I need to print it out for when the show starts since I don't know one from the other thanks to TPTB.  No hurry.

8A9987DA-BB2A-412A-B184-15C9B28EF5A6_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d6ce314911a5cd6d81b80802a15f75fc.jpegI'm collecting images of the new girls in uniform but this might be exactly what you want!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Yes, but those tights aren’t doing her any favors either. Tights need to compliment the garment (which they do) but they are also supposed to compliment your skin tone when you are wearing something that exposes a lot of skin. If you get this wrong, body parts are going to stand out and not in a good way. (Madeline’s eerily white stomach) 

They probably see it as part of the uniform but you just can’t have one color in tights, you need more shades.

To be fair, I think this photo was just taken in exceptionally bad lighting. There was another photo posted here where Madeline looked stunning, and not weirdly pale at all. Her tights most definitely matcher her skin tone closely in that one.

Also, from someone else who is also naturally a sheet of paper...even if I get the "fair" shade in most tights, it's still a good 2-3 shades darker than my skin tone, and definitely noticeable to the naked eye. I hate to complain, because there are always vastly more shades in everything for fair-skinned humans than those of color, but sometimes, when you're an extremely pale person, finding things that truly fit your skin tone is rough. Most of the time I just grab the lightest shade I can find and make it work, which appears to be what Madeline is doing (going off of this photo, at least).

Edit: just looked at Diva Hosiery's website. They have 3 shade options: natural, suntan, and mocha. I can already tell you that "natural," their lightest shade, would be far too dark for me (by several shades) even with a tan. Wouldn't be surprised if Madeline ran into the same issue.

Edited by MadHatter
  • Love 17

I stopped wearing foundation years ago because I couldn't get it light enough.  Rihanna's make up line actually has two shades lighter than me and I was like WHOA.  MIND BLOWN.  And I got a tiny hint of what it must be like to be a woman of color with so many shades and undertones and how hard it is to match anything.  

But yeah, if they're making her wear the lightest shade of Diva tights, they need to make sure she can get a spray tan to match.  Personally I would much rather see the fair skin and finding dance tights the right color.  Mocha isn't exactly covering a lot of shades either.  Three shades to pick from!  Sheesh!

• Love 11
On 8/21/2021 at 5:34 PM, go4luca said:

I don't see any Durso.  Never found Durso to be that attractive.

I've always thought Sydney was cute, at best.   Dani is absolutely stunning, IMO, one of the most beautiful in DCC history ~ and she has that "it" factor.   I see her as point in the future 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I remember when the DCCs were to supposed to look "sexy." Sigh.

Are you talking before MTT? The past 16 seasons have always had DCC that weren't your Bubbles Cash kind of sexy. And when I see photos from the 80s and 90s, yikes, many of the DCC were not what I would qualify as sexy at all. 

• Love 9