Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

I noticed both Gil and KJ in the waiting room with all the Clarks as well as C&E, so did KJ bring Ellie or Callie to watch Layla and Zade? Addie was in Florida with the Webster’s but I guess they could have fetched her too? Those poor youngest girls really don’t have it any better than the older girls did. Only difference is they travel.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

A 'hero?' Because she had a baby? Guess I'm not well-versed on the definition of a hero.

I totally hear you and agree with you, but... a brand new, sore in the lady parts, mom, does momentarily feel heroic. It passes, very quickly.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I noticed both Gil and KJ in the waiting room with all the Clarks as well as C&E, so did KJ bring Ellie or Callie to watch Layla and Zade? Addie was in Florida with the Webster’s but I guess they could have fetched her too? Those poor youngest girls really don’t have it any better than the older girls did. Only difference is they travel.

Quoting myself from the previous page. 

15 hours ago

In an earlier video Travis said that it was arranged that a friend of Katie's would watch the kids when they all went to the hospital. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Do any of the minors get homeschooled anymore? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Do any of the minors get homeschooled anymore? 

🤔🤔🤔Apparently they can study wherever since it’s online….

Jeb & Jud were recently at Papa Bill’s farm with Michaela, she and Brandon may actually see to it that some sort of learning is happening. But the one in Florida? She’s busy with the Webster’s kids, probably even with their schooling, ie tablets & workbooks.

• Sad 4
7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

A 'hero?' Because she had a baby? Guess I'm not well-versed on the definition of a hero.

But when you're 22 in fundie land, what other accomplishments can you have besides pushing out a baby [or making a baby if you're a man]? Graduating Harvard? Getting accepted to med/law school? Graduating the military academies and commissioning and learning to fly jets? Nope -- all that is for heathens, our men can get it up and our ladies can push.

So she gave birthday Friday, Trav has basically been editing the videos since then to get one posted yesterday and one on Friday and Katie is laying in the hospital bed doing her makeup. I know it's 2023 and IG/influencers/blah blah but WTF.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

Wow. Gil and Kelly have already bailed. Alyssa posted that they were in Orlando today on a layover, so everyone met up for lunch. How typical of them. They show up to take pictures and gush over Grandchild #whatever, but dont stick around when the real work starts. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Don't they send the women home in 24 hours now if it's a vaginal birth? She's probably at home now.

No, the mom can leave sooner if she wants, but the standard stay is 2 days for a vaginal birth and 4 for a cesarean; guaranteed by federal law.

Since she delivered Friday, she probably went home today.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Wow. Gil and Kelly have already bailed. Alyssa posted that they were in Orlando today on a layover, so everyone met up for lunch. How typical of them. They show up to take pictures and gush over Grandchild #whatever, but dont stick around when the real work starts. 

Not even a little surprised. If she delivered Friday, she likely came home Sunday night or maybe first thing Monday. G&K do not want to be home for that type of thing bc heaven forbid Katie/Trav look to the 87 other adults in their house right now to maybe handle dinner for the first few nights. I mean these are the same people who left for the airport after Alyssa's heart surgery and to be exact Gil left while she was STILL IN RECOVERY having not even seen her + Kelly left a few hrs later once she was in a room but having complications. Both were splitsville bc they got their IG pics evidencing they care and they pray over their daughter but actually staying for the 2-3 days in the hospital + then helping her at home when she could not move, had to have food brought to her and John had to lift her up to sit etc. - no thanks.

Evan/Carlin arrived Feb 1 so it'll be 3 weeks Wed. I would not be surprised if they are out of there within 1-2 days of Katie getting home, again bc they don't actually want to help and now the party party is over bc Katie/Trav aren't taking them anywhere for a while. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Showing up weeks early and being an annoying twit isn't a hero Kelly. Much like you showing up just for the delivery and bolting before anyone might possible ask you to do something. 

Well, I'm sure Katie's mother-in-law is happy about that. She'll get to spend a lot of time with the baby.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Well, I'm sure Katie's mother-in-law is happy about that. She'll get to spend a lot of time with the baby.

At least the baby has one grandmother who’s not a lazy POS.

• Like 12

How awkward it must have been. The Clarks have been beyond excited about this first grandbaby and the Bates were probably trying to figure out if this is number 15 or 16. So with their own 19 they've attended 30+ births and this is what, the 4th for the Clarks?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

In the still picture accompanying the Bates family post, it looks like Carlin is about to knock Katie out of bed to get the picture of someone holding the baby.  Why didn't she move to the other side of the bed and have them turn to face her.  Plus, I'm wondering what exactly Carlin did for Katie since all we saw was them going to NYC and fooling around.  I doubt she cleaned the house or prepared some freezer meals for Katie and Travis like the rest of us do when we are trying to help out new mothers.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I think Lazy and Lazier are up to something like 23 grandkids now, not counting the unborn, not that they care beyond the actual number for fertility cult bragging rights. I'm sure it chaps Gil's ass that Jim Bob Duggar is still far in the lead. 

Not only did these unemployed boneheads blow a lot of money on travel, but they did it for nothing! 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

KJ&G were on a layover in Orlando? They skipped right over TN from NJ, where are they going now?

Sounds like Spirit Air to me.  The lower-priced flights seem to stop at their hub, Orlando, no matter what.

• Useful 4
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

DA7B9645-CB50-41CD-8AB8-D659E6794DDB.jpeg

And now that we have made SO MANY amazing memories it's time for the three of us to bond as a family. We will see you at the next completely unnecessary get together. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

KJ&G were on a layover in Orlando? They skipped right over TN from NJ, where are they going now?

NJ to Orlando to home. They had a layover in Orlando and got to have lunch w/Erin & Alyssa’s families. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, SMama said:

And now that we have made SO MANY amazing memories it's time for the three of us to bond as a family. We will see you at the next completely unnecessary get together. 

Apparently I Love you day was postponed until March so Katie and family could attend. Maybe when KJ & G stopped in Orlando they pitched a plea for Erin and/or Alyssa to come too. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, ozziemom said:

Apparently I Love you day was postponed until March so Katie and family could attend. Maybe when KJ & G stopped in Orlando they pitched a plea for Erin and/or Alyssa to come too. 

Oh, ffs 🤦‍♀️. Carlin needs a haircut. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think Erin will make less appearances at get togethers (perhaps excluding weddings) than Alyssa. The Paines were rather low key while living nearby, now they can do the out of sight out of mind thing. 

When is Kelly not coercing one of her children, their spouses, or significant others? The way she basically begged for Brandon to propose. Asking Michael to move back to TN. She did the same to Alyssa who abruptly said NO. Erin joining in telling Trace’s first girlfriend she was going to move to TN anyway (that turned out really well). And that’s what’s filmed. She can’t raise them but she sure as heck loves to nag them.

Looks like Esther and Tiffany are the only ones to escape Kelly’s nagging. Esther has found a home in Arkansas and a role as a MediCrap wife. I worry about Tiffany not having a bestie. 

• Like 9

Part 2 of Katie's birth story is up. It's actually very sweet, for those who don't mind giving them views.

https://youtu.be/x2VeM4-msbk 

I will say, poor Katie is so hyper-conscious about displeasing or inconveniencing people. What the heck did Gil and Kelly do to these kids? At one point, Travis had to tell her to not be so hard on herself when she was pushing and the baby wasn't coming as fast as she thought it was supposed to. Even Carlin had to calm her down when Katie told the doctor how much better Carlin had been during her own labors. And this is all while she's literally splayed out on the bed and the baby was crowning. Good grief. 

On a more positive note, the Clarks were genuinely thrilled and very supportive of Katie. When family was finally allowed in, Kelly made a beeline for the baby while Ma and Pa Clark went to Katie and gave her encouraging words. Ditto for Travis' sister. 

The real star of the show however, was the OB. She was like straight out of central casting for New Jersey mob wife with the sass to match. She delivered Travis and had him turning beet red when she joked that she'd smacked him on the butt (and mimicked doing it again, lol). Katie is so lucky to have had this woman rather than creepy Dr. Vick. 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

And kudos to Carlin for her video work. The camera was trained on Katie's face and Travis. No shots of legs in stirrups.  It was a very touching birth story. The Clarks went right to Katie and gave her a sweet kiss. I think they will be great grandparents. Even though Travis looks like a 15 year old he was very mature and  lovingly supported Katie thoughout the birth.  

• Like 14
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

But, who knows, maybe he is mature beyond the way he looks.

I’m not a fan of the Clarks, especially after watching those videos. I’m also a firm believer in the ability to change. I think a lot of us have witnessed strict parents getting led by the nose by their grandchildren. While I can’t see the Clarks being pushovers their behavior will hopefully soften. Reading that unlike Kelly (🤬) they went to Katie gives me hope.

Travis is very young but I think he has some tools the Bates 19 don’t posses. Even if unaccredited, he attended school and then college. Travis is familiar with schedules and probably feels uncentered without one (🙏). He is familiar with regular meals, and dare I say, nutrition. That alone puts him miles ahead of Leisure Boy and Carlin.

Did anyone have Katie’s kids having the greater likelihood to attend a brick and mortar K-12 and college (albeit unaccredited) on their bingo card? 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 10
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Part 2 of Katie's birth story is up. It's actually very sweet, for those who don't mind giving them views.

https://youtu.be/x2VeM4-msbk 

I will say, poor Katie is so hyper-conscious about displeasing or inconveniencing people. What the heck did Gil and Kelly do to these kids? At one point, Travis had to tell her to not be so hard on herself when she was pushing and the baby wasn't coming as fast as she thought it was supposed to. Even Carlin had to calm her down when Katie told the doctor how much better Carlin had been during her own labors. And this is all while she's literally splayed out on the bed and the baby was crowning. Good grief. 

On a more positive note, the Clarks were genuinely thrilled and very supportive of Katie. When family was finally allowed in, Kelly made a beeline for the baby while Ma and Pa Clark went to Katie and gave her encouraging words. Ditto for Travis' sister. 

The real star of the show however, was the OB. She was like straight out of central casting for New Jersey mob wife with the sass to match. She delivered Travis and had him turning beet red when she joked that she'd smacked him on the butt (and mimicked doing it again, lol). Katie is so lucky to have had this woman rather than creepy Dr. Vick. 

It was a sweet video. I also noticed that Kelly made a beeline for the baby. To hell with anyone else, she had to be first to hold Hailey. It kind of bugged me, but I thought at least the Clarks will be able to hold her and see her daily, if they want to. 

That O.B was soooo funny! I loved her! I wonder what Ma and Pa Bates thought of her. Katie definitely has a different life now,being exposed to different people. Like , could you imagine the OB delivering Erin's babies? Lol

I'm glad Katie has Travis's family. Especially mama Clark, because I think Katie really needs a female parent in her life that actually cares about her. In the video Katie was talking with mama and papa Clark, and the looked really interested in what she was saying. Papa Clark was holding her hand. It was really sweet to see. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Katie posted a cute picture of Kenna and Hailey “meeting” for the first time. I thought I had a decent knowledge of who is who among the fundies we discuss. My brain spazzed and I was wondering what was the connection between the Duggar female and Katie. My brain registered Esther as a Duggar. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hailey is at an appointment to check on possible jaundice. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Hailey is a bit jaundiced and is not back to her birth weight. She has another appointment Friday and if not back to birth weight Katie says they will do “supplemental things,” that she’d rather not do. 🤷‍♀️ Katie is emotional on her story, the Mama feelings got her hard. I’m getting soft at my advanced age because I really feel sorry for her. It’s good Travis and her in laws seem empathetic and will help her cope. K&G will be useless I’m sure. 

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

Hailey is a bit jaundiced and is not back to her birth weight. She has another appointment Friday and if not back to birth weight Katie says they will do “supplemental things,” that she’d rather not do. 🤷‍♀️ Katie is emotional on her story, the Mama feelings got her hard. I’m getting soft at my advanced age because I really feel sorry for her. It’s good Travis and her in laws seem empathetic and will help her cope. K&G will be useless I’m sure. 

She must be breast feeding and is feeling like a failure because they are suggesting (I guess) adding formula.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1

I hope she gets proper support from those around here if she has to supplement with formula.  A friend of mine had to do that and she also felt like a failure.  Several of us (including her husband) told her that what others thought was irrelevant.  She needed to do what she had to to ensure the survival of her baby.  That baby is now a perfectly healthy and well-adjusted adult, so formula didn't cause any undue problems.  It's great if you can breastfeed, but sometimes there are not enough nutrients in the breast milk, so formula is needed.  It's not a crime or a failure, it's just nature.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I hope she gets proper support from those around here if she has to supplement with formula.  A friend of mine had to do that and she also felt like a failure.  Several of us (including her husband) told her that what others thought was irrelevant.  She needed to do what she had to to ensure the survival of her baby.  That baby is now a perfectly healthy and well-adjusted adult, so formula didn't cause any undue problems.  It's great if you can breastfeed, but sometimes there are not enough nutrients in the breast milk, so formula is needed.  It's not a crime or a failure, it's just nature.

This is a not uncommon problem with new moms, especially first time moms.  Jaundice is worsened by dehydration which is why they want Katie to nurse frequently, and may ask her to supplement, too.  I hope Travis' mom breastfed her kids and is a reliable supporter for her.  She just needs to really stack those breastfeedings for the next couple days, to get her milk supply up and the baby better hydrated.  And, if it doesn't work out, isn't she lucky to live someplace where nutritious infant formula is widely available and not terribly expensive?  And also to have refrigeration and clean water available to use as needed.  There are so many parts of the world where these things are not easily found.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

She must be breast feeding and is feeling like a failure because they are suggesting (I guess) adding formula.

Is it so difficult for her to simply say exactly this?

• Like 3
19 hours ago, SMama said:

Katie posted a cute picture of Kenna and Hailey “meeting” for the first time. I thought I had a decent knowledge of who is who among the fundies we discuss. My brain spazzed and I was wondering what was the connection between the Duggar female and Katie. My brain registered Esther as a Duggar. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Hailey is at an appointment to check on possible jaundice. 

Well Esther does live in a trailer in Arkansas and is gal friends with a bunch of Duggars, easy to mistake her for one!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Well Esther does live in a trailer in Arkansas and is gal friends with a bunch of Duggars, easy to mistake her for one!

While Nathan plays savior in Turkey, Esther has been with her family in PA, so not a long trip to visit Katie. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

Is it so difficult for her to simply say exactly this?

Sadly, yes it is. K&G did an amazing job stunting their children. Katie is very young emotionally, full of hormones, and a first time mom. Add the fact that she never had preventive medical care, and was not raised to pick up on nuance, or ask questions.

The same reason Carlin and Alyssa can’t spell “dining” room table. Why Alyssa does not know cardinal points, Carlin had no idea her father’s legal name is not Gil, and didn’t know her SSN (last two when applying for a marriage license). 

Katie is lucky because unlike Evan, Travis asks questions and has relatives to help them out. Her parents didn’t prepare her for the real world and it shows. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1