Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

Amazing wife and mother training Kelly Bates. I mean these girls were put on this earth to marry and push out kids ASAP and you don't train them on ANYTHING - not cooking, cleaning, laundry, nothing!?

They're all fairly gross too - probably because of how they grew up, grossness does not bother them. I think they think as long as their gorgeous locks are done and their makeup, it's all good. We've seen Carlin take CLEAN laundry out of the dryer and spread it all over the floor and fold it and put it in stacks there. In the kitchen in their cottage or in the laundry room now - in a shoes on house! So yeah hope there was nothing gross in the Target parking lot because you tracked it into your house, into your kitchen/laundry room, and now onto your clean jeans and underwear.

We've seen Josie give her kids donuts by letting them pick their donuts and  place them ON THE WELCOME MAT on the front porch - where the Amazon guy stands about 8500 times/wk having walking across your newly fertilized lawn and where Kelton wipes off his shoes after dealing with who knows what at work.

So yeah it doesn't surprise me at all that many of these girls have the view of - I do laundry once a week, so whatever it is will get washed then. Rather than being like - uh certain things are more emergent and need to be cleaned now or thrown out. At least Katie is learning. We've seen progress on the cooking front so I suspect we'll see some improvements on cleaning and general grossness too as she realizes it isn't normal to leave gross laundry like that around.

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, cereality said:

Amazing wife and mother training Kelly Bates. I mean these girls were put on this earth to marry and push out kids ASAP and you don't train them on ANYTHING - not cooking, cleaning, laundry, nothing!?

They're all fairly gross too - probably because of how they grew up, grossness does not bother them. I think they think as long as their gorgeous locks are done and their makeup, it's all good. We've seen Carlin take CLEAN laundry out of the dryer and spread it all over the floor and fold it and put it in stacks there. In the kitchen in their cottage or in the laundry room now - in a shoes on house! So yeah hope there was nothing gross in the Target parking lot because you tracked it into your house, into your kitchen/laundry room, and now onto your clean jeans and underwear.

We've seen Josie give her kids donuts by letting them pick their donuts and  place them ON THE WELCOME MAT on the front porch - where the Amazon guy stands about 8500 times/wk having walking across your newly fertilized lawn and where Kelton wipes off his shoes after dealing with who knows what at work.

So yeah it doesn't surprise me at all that many of these girls have the view of - I do laundry once a week, so whatever it is will get washed then. Rather than being like - uh certain things are more emergent and need to be cleaned now or thrown out. At least Katie is learning. We've seen progress on the cooking front so I suspect we'll see some improvements on cleaning and general grossness too as she realizes it isn't normal to leave gross laundry like that around.

When will she realize that she married into money and she doesn’t need to whore herself and her newborn out for clicks and cash anymore?

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

When will she realize that she married into money and she doesn’t need to whore herself and her newborn out for clicks and cash anymore?

Maybe she's doing it for attention more than money? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Katie is shilling the same stain remover Carlin uses. She shows an outfit Hailey had a blowout in 3 DAYS AGO and she’s now getting around to wash it. There’s your problem, Katie. Most people don’t let shit sit and settle on clothing for three days, because as you found out, it will stain. These girls have no common sense whatsoever. 

I just watched.  She loves the word “literally”, doesn’t she? 😏

33 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Where’d all the money come from?  Do his parents own a successful business/company?

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I just watched.  She loves the word “literally”, doesn’t she? 😏

Where’d all the money come from?  Do his parents own a successful business/company?

The Clark family owns a K-12 school and a university. The college is not accredited but their sheep do not mind. Plus there’s money from singing as a family, CDs, and YouTube. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

The Clark family owns a K-12 school and a university. The college is not accredited but their sheep do not mind. Plus there’s money from singing as a family, CDs, and YouTube. 

A private school?

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I just can't get past letting soiled clothing like that sit for THREE DAYS.  The smell alone would have me running away.  When my brother and I were little, my mother only had one of those old washers with a wringer and no dryer, so everything had to be hung on a line to dry.  She still did laundry every day because let's face it, babies are gross.

• Like 8

I babysit my little grandson (4 months old) while his parents are at work.  My daughter always packs a couple of outfits for him and if I need to change his clothes I soak the stained outfit in OxyClean. I only have him for 8-9 hours a day, but I can't imagine leaving a sleeper full of 💩 to send home with him.

3 days is insane. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 8

Katie's latest reel made me so irrationally stabby. She's doing her making and shilling some stupid contouring brush, then she mentions how she has a doctor's appointment and they're already late "but it's fine." Um, no, Katie, it's not fine. Just because you and your husband don't have schedules, jobs or anywhere else to be doesn't mean the rest of us don't. Tardy patients throw the entire day off. Maybe skip the twenty-two layers of spackle and do the sales pitch later so you can get out the door on time. Carlin and Evan are the same way, and it's so rude and entitled. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 7
  • Applause 13

Whose funeral?

They flew into Greenville SC and looks like a family gathering bc Trace is holding H making some comment about practicing for dad life. And Tiff posted a pic with Maci so unless she and Law are separately on a trip to Fla, looks like maybe a family gathering?

30 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess they're there for the funeral? 

Oh, I knew that, I was wondering if they would leave Hailey as is a two day trip at most. 

7 hours ago, cereality said:

Whose funeral?

They flew into Greenville SC and looks like a family gathering bc Trace is holding H making some comment about practicing for dad life. And Tiff posted a pic with Maci so unless she and Law are separately on a trip to Fla, looks like maybe a family gathering?

Their Aunt's husband died. Gil's sister's husband, Craig Fleming. He was 55.

7 hours ago, cereality said:

Whose funeral?

That picture of Tiffany and Maci was taken on the grandparents’ porch. I’m ashamed to admit I recognize the wooden glider. My mind can’t help to wonder about accommodations. Where do all of them stay/sleep? 

(edited)

My mind wonders to 2 things:

Did they see the lesbians?  (Craig’s niece that he’s apparently very close to is married to (GASP!) a lady. 
Are all the grandchildren now scarred for life and/or gay themselves now? 😜

Also I hope poor Craig’s death wasn’t overshadowed by Alyssa’s baby boy. That was the first time most got to meet him. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Wow, no grass grows under Katie's feet. She's already back to hawking on Instagram. No mention of the family member who passed. Even Carlin gave Craig a cursory nod. Kelly, Alyssa and Erin wrote nice tributes, and Alyssa said her family drove through the night so they could be with her Aunt. In many ways I get it. Erin and Alyssa spend the most time at the farm so it makes sense they'd be more affected by their Uncle's passing, but damn, Katie, read the room. Maybe I'm overreacting but I think I'd give it more than a day before I'm shilling satin pillowcases and my Dime code. 🙄

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 8
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, no grass grows under Katie's feet. She's already back to hawking on Instagram. No mention of the family member who passed. Even Carlin gave Craig a cursory nod. Kelly, Alyssa and Erin wrote nice tributes, and Alyssa said her family drove through the night so they could be with her Aunt. In many ways I get it. Erin and Alyssa spend the most time at the farm so it makes sense they'd be more affected by their Uncle's passing, but damn, Katie, read the room. Maybe I'm overreacting but I think I'd give it more than a day before I'm shilling satin pillowcases and my Dime code. 🙄

And why? She doesn’t need the money. 

• Like 3

Actually they're all in Asheville NC where Trav and his family band are laying down new vocals or something in studio. I assume Trav's mom just came down because the rest of her family was coming. And well Kelly - anything to avoid going home; at least Callie gets a little break and a little hotel time rather than being sent home with Gil ASAP as she usually is to cook/clean/look after the half dozen grown men in that house. Usually it's Addie/Ellie who get that time away managing just one sister's baby/household, not Callie.

And look at Kelly hogging the baby and looking all doting grandma as Katie's MIL is there so of course she wants to look good. Plus there is no work to be done as they are staying in a hotel, hitting up the outlets etc. as the band does its thing. I mean inlaws or not if this was at Katie's house with any work to be done, Kelly would be parked in a chair with her phone.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
46 minutes ago, cereality said:

Actually they're all in Asheville NC where Trav and his family band are laying down new vocals or something in studio. I assume Trav's mom just came down because the rest of her family was coming. And well Kelly - anything to avoid going home; at least Callie gets a little break and a little hotel time rather than being sent home with Gil ASAP as she usually is to cook/clean/look after the half dozen grown men in that house. Usually it's Addie/Ellie who get that time away managing just one sister's baby/household, not Callie.

And look at Kelly hogging the baby and looking all doting grandma as Katie's MIL is there so of course she wants to look good. Plus there is no work to be done as they are staying in a hotel, hitting up the outlets etc. as the band does its thing. I mean inlaws or not if this was at Katie's house with any work to be done, Kelly would be parked in a chair with her phone.

There aren't any studios in New York or New Jersey? Or do the Clarks' "band" just plunk themselves down to record their caterwauling wherever they find an excuse to travel? 

I am very salty today. I am tired of working hard and not even being able to pay all my bills while these fundie shits travel anywhere and everywhere at the drop of a hat, with their Starbucks clutched in their well-manicured paws. I'd be grateful if I could afford Starbucks once a week. Or a manicure once a year. It's not fair. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Studio time in NYC and even NJ is gonna be VERY expensive on an hourly basis because you know actual music professionals/close to turning professional artists record there and ain’t no one giving you a discount bc you’re belting it out for Jesus. I don’t think that it’s coincidental that these fundie singers always record in nothing studios in the deep south - where I’m sure a friend of a friend’s cousin’s fiancé is a member of their church.

Now granted I don’t think a studio is Asheville is going to be as cheap as one in nowhere Texas, nor is Asheville a super cheap destination anymore re hotels, restaurants, coffees. But the Clark’s have money so they can shell out for a 3 day getaway that they combine with a recording trip.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, cereality said:

It makes me furious that these underage kids aren’t getting ANY education at all and that there’s nothing we can do about it. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
9 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It makes me furious that these underage kids aren’t getting ANY education at all and that there’s nothing we can do about it. 

They're not even pretending to "homeschool" anymore. Imagine how dumb those youngest kids will turn out to be. Then imagine how dumb their kids will be. It's a race to the bottom. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

I hope they do stop with two or three kids.  So many of these second generation Bateses and Duggars just keep popping out kids without thinking about how they are going to support all of them.  They don't understand that they are creating humans because they themselves were just part of a collection.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

Holy exclamation points, Batman!

All fundies do that! It drives me nuts. At least Katie is using one exclamation point per sentence, unlike Jill Rod and many others. 

• Like 6
On 4/7/2023 at 11:02 AM, Dehumidifier said:

In their recent Q&A they said they are thinking 2 or 3 kids about 3 years apart.

I could see them stopping at 2-3 kids, maybe 4 but that's it. I feel like it's a marriage that goes how Trav wants but not necessarily in a mean way - more that Katie is able to see how other families function by being with his family and I think she is starting to like it/notice how little her own parents did for their litter of kids. I think she likes that his parents pay attention to her and her daughter beyond just getting their pic for IG and peacing out. I think she loves living their upper middle class life for real - not like Carlin/Evan who are trying to live that life while being frantic about their YT views etc. I think she's starting to realize already and will continue to realize more realistically by the time child 3 arrives that the more kids you have, the more you aren't meeting anything but basic needs and maybe that isn't the way to do it.

IDK how big their current home is, but I don't see Trav wanting to stay there beyond kid 2. He grew up in the typical NJ McMansion and you know that's how he intends to raise his family. And while yes he has $ coming in from the family business, this is also NJ not BFE Tenn. so even a pricey McMansion usually only has like 4 bedrooms. Trav isn't Chad, he is not going to want to have kids stacked in triple bunks and never take them on vacation or only take 1 kid to California bc he just has to have a litter. I am guessing he's going to want each kid in their own bedroom - which tends to cap things around 4 - and still taking them on vacations, weekends down the shore where every kid gets their own soda or ice cream or whatever, trips to NYC where all the kids get to go to the Broadway show or pick out an American girl doll or whatever. And I think Katie seeing how much she missed out will agree with him - even though she may never say it openly.

• Like 7

I think a 20 year old who owned a home before graduating college or having a job and now drives a Tesla will have no problem owning a mansion, even in the Jersey burbs. He may stay within a budget, but surely his allowance will grow as his family expands.

• Like 5

Allowance will grow but don't underestimate that this is NJ - property taxes are very significant, so it's not like every dollar of allowance can go to house + raising kids + fun purchases. There's a reason McMansions there are only built up to a certain size because beyond that size demand falls off even from rich people as they just put their foot down on paying more in taxes.

• Like 3

I wonder how long Travis will be allowed to float around before he's expected to work full time in the family business? It's like that old saying about money: the first generation earns it, the second inherits it and the third spends it. Travis is in group 3. Eventually his grandfather and father will pass on. If he and his siblings don't find some way to keep the cabal going, things may pitter out. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, cereality said:

Allowance will grow but don't underestimate that this is NJ - property taxes are very significant, so it's not like every dollar of allowance can go to house + raising kids + fun purchases. There's a reason McMansions there are only built up to a certain size because beyond that size demand falls off even from rich people as they just put their foot down on paying more in taxes.

You may be right, but surely his allowance will grow enough for a large three/four bedroom home. Right now they live in a tiny two bedroom with an illegal third bedroom in the basement. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

398CF30A-5C5F-4565-AF4E-BF97F230FF5B.thumb.jpeg.cb6df8e03162bc97fba6a9091e65ad26.jpeg5C76CC69-160F-44C9-9F29-745F4B89ACC5.thumb.jpeg.3801a03549051fe20c53174748af8a89.jpegHailey has definitely gained weight, it shows on her cute little face. I cropped the pictures (wasn’t comfortable showing her without a top) but if you look at Katie’s IG, you can see Hailey has a cute belly and getting arm rolls.

I think she is all Travis.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

They pierced the four month old baby's ears. 🥜🥜

@TravisandKatie1

2 minutes ago (edited)

I got my ears pierced when I was 20 and didn’t have a good experience. I dealt with multiple infections and had issues for months. I made the decision to pierce Hailey’s ears as a baby, not for “cuteness”, but to prevent infection, and pain. If Hailey grows up and decides she doesn’t want earrings, she can take them out. If Hailey grows up and wants to experience getting her ears pierced, she can get a second piercing. There a pros and cons to waiting and piercing as a baby. After researching and taking into account my personal experience, we made the decision to pierce Hailey’s ears now. If you disagree, you’re allowed to. I respect everyone’s decision and believe each parent is responsible for that decision. There are a lot of things we may give our children that they never “consent” for (shots, medicine, food, clothes, bracelets, sunglasses, hats, etc…) What you do or give your children is up to you. We’re raising Hailey the best we can and we love her more than anything! - Katie

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, awaken said:

She sounds defensive. Doing it as an infant wouldn’t avoid pain so that doesn’t make sense. 

I bet she's defensive. Her own mother refused to let the girls get their ears pierced while they lived at home. It follows that she probably has fangirls who think piercings are of the devil. 

• Like 8
5 hours ago, awaken said:

She sounds defensive. Doing it as an infant wouldn’t avoid pain so that doesn’t make sense. 

It sure as shit won't prevent infection, either. JHC, these people are stupid. 

• Like 11