Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

What gave me pause was when Katie told Travis she was pregnant. In the midst of the excitement Katie says something to the effect of, oh, I spent something like 25 dollars on pregnancy tests. It gave me pause because how sad it is Katie worried about spending money and, I got the impression Travis knew, like he tracks her debit/credit card.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What gave me pause was when Katie told Travis she was pregnant. In the midst of the excitement Katie says something to the effect of, oh, I spent something like 25 dollars on pregnancy tests. It gave me pause because how sad it is Katie worried about spending money and, I got the impression Travis knew, like he tracks her debit/credit card.

They do use an app to track their spending that they have shilled quite a few times. I recall one month they spent around $370 eating out. That is a lot of money for just two people, and they live in a low cost area. So $25 on pregnancy tests is nothing, and not a monthly expenditure.

I don’t know if they use dummy numbers when they shill the app, but I noticed that the monthly amount in their checking account is around $4,300. Not bad for a young couple. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

If I recall correctly, Katie said that she spent something like $200 dollars on pregnancy tests. I took note of that and shook my head.

Yes, I remember that too. It’s been 30 years since I needed to buy a pregnancy test so I don’t know how much they go for these days, or how many you could get for $200.

17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Yes, I remember that too. It’s been 30 years since I needed to buy a pregnancy test so I don’t know how much they go for these days, or how many you could get for $200.

If you go to a dollar store - 200. About $4 - $10 at pharmacies.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

It boggles my mind that a culture so obsessed with pregnancy is so ignorant about it at the same time. Why would anyone who's been having sex less than a year need to spend so much money on pregnancy tests!  It makes it seem like they are not only so stupid that they don't understand their own bodies, but that they also can't use the internet or an app these days that would tell you when your period is actually late enough that it might be useful to take a test. 

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

It makes it seem like they are not only so stupid that they don't understand their own bodies, but that they also can't use the internet or an app these days that would tell you when your period is actually late enough that it might be useful to take a test. 

They are too impatient to wait to be late so they use the early tests and sometimes use those before it's too soon to tell.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They are too impatient to wait to be late so they use the early tests and sometimes use those before it's too soon to tell.  

Then they clearly don’t understand how biology works.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Then they clearly don’t understand how biology works.

It’s clear none of them do. It’s truly a shame because Gil and Kelly met in college when he pretended he needed tutoring in chemistry. Kelly said it was clear early on that he didn’t need help. How does that story end with refusing to provide a proper education to 19 kids is beyond me.

I recall an episode when Michael was getting married and Erin was pestering her with questions about the honeymoon, aka SEX. Erin teased Michael and she said she knew the basics of how it worked. When Erin asked her where she got the information Michael said she read the enciclopedia at home. Michael recently celebrated her 7th anniversary. Who in the world keeps enciclopedias around? I seriously doubt Gil kept up with the yearly updates. They wear their ignorance as a badge of honor.

• Like 2

I can't remember which Duggar or Duggar by marriage it was, but it sounded like she tested most mornings after they had relations.  I think they begin to settle and quit testing as often by the third pregnancy.

My daughter "felt pregnant" with granddaughter and used a Dollar Tree test maybe five before her period was due and was shocked it turned positive.  It was a bit faint, but the line was definitely there.  She called me and then her doctor who wanted to monitor hormone levels.  So her doctor said to come in the next morning and they did a blood test which concurred.  We all had a good laugh over the Dollar Tree test exceeding it's expectation.  It can happen, but it's usually a waste of a test.  My daughter was going I still have three or four Dollar Tree tests so I might as well use one.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, SMama said:

I don’t know if they use dummy numbers when they shill the app, but I noticed that the monthly amount in their checking account is around $4,300.

They were dummy numbers.  If you looked close, it said something like "example".  But wouldn't doubt if they already have a chunk in savings.  You know, because nepotism.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

She posted some bump holding pictures on Instagram this morning.  It begins...

My daughter is currently 30 weeks along with her first and she barely shows at all. This does not bother her one bit.  Everything is progressing well and it makes her life easier at work not to be visibly pregnant. If this happened to the Bates women they would go insane.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did y'all notice the Clark family did not wear pink or blue? They are so over the Bates.

Apparently they are newbies to the gender reveal experience, unlike the Bates who are very experienced. I think Mama and Daddy Clark are completely over the Bates.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think Alyssa was supposed to but John went instead. 
Addie and Ellie were there too. 

I think OP meant the married sisters. Since both Gil and Kelly were there, all the minor children went. I saw Jeb in a picture. I'm sure Jud and Callie were there as well.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think OP meant the married sisters. Since both Gil and Kelly were there, all the minor children went. I saw Jeb in a picture. I'm sure Jud and Callie were there as well.

I’m surprised Whitney and Zac didn’t go, it’s not like they have anything else to do. 

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’m surprised Whitney and Zac didn’t go, it’s not like they have anything else to do. 

It's funny, but I think Whit is getting tired of the Carlin Circus. A while back Carlin posted stories of them leaving BSB and she's trying to convince Zach and Whit to double date with her and Evan. Whit looked exhausted and had this expression like, ffs, we just spent all day together and now we have to go out to eat? She seems to be at home and with her kids a lot more, whereas before she was always running around with Carlin and Katie. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's funny, but I think Whit is getting tired of the Carlin Circus. A while back Carlin posted stories of them leaving BSB and she's trying to convince Zach and Whit to double date with her and Evan. Whit looked exhausted and had this expression like, ffs, we just spent all day together and now we have to go out to eat? She seems to be at home and with her kids a lot more, whereas before she was always running around with Carlin and Katie. 

I feel like for the first time we've seen Whit eye rolling at Carlin a bit this year. I think like all of these girls always do she jumped into -- OMG MY NEW BESTIE mode -- super fast once they pushed Erin out last fall/winter to show just how close they were and how much she wanted to own BSB with just Carlin, and then it took a few months to realize who Carlin REALLY is. Loud and "fun" may have seemed ok when there were 3 of them and Carlin's own sister could roll her eyes/tell her to pipe down occasionally, but a SIL who is DYING to be loved by her inlaws can't do that so much.

I noticed it too when Carlin was BEGGING them to go out on a double date and Whit was coming up with every excuse in the book. Also noticed it when Zach/Whit bought the new house but were living with G&K during construction, one day they finished at the store and Whit was like - oh it's early we have so much to do, I'm heading to the house to paint window sills. And Carlin was like - oh I'll come too. Carlin being Carlin it's not like she'd help paint or even be quiet, she was all loud woohooo party, stepped in paint and then trekked it onto the new wood floors and Z&W looked like they wanted to kill her. I assume Whit was pissed generally when they bought the house bc you know they wanted to be celebrated for their second home and here was Carlin crying and whining and having anxiety all the time re OMG what if we NEVER get a house [during the hottest housing market we've ever seen w/ my husband being a student].

Now with the addition of Evan to the boutique there's another loud obnoxious person to deal with, though not that they could say no to him joining BSB given that he HAD TO quit his job to take care of his wife. 

It's possible Z has clued her in that Carlin has attention issues and if you give her an inch, she'll take a mile. When they were temporarily living at G&K's house and Carlin would be all -- woohoo party, we'll stay until 2 am playing board games here -- that was one thing and a temporary situation. Z probably does not want that happening in HIS home and he knows with his sister, if they don't set boundaries, her and Evan will be over every night hanging until midnight - when Z is like uh I'd like to sleep with my wife now, go home.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1

Katie and Travis are at Carlin's.  They drove. Not even a week since the gender reveal party.  Their life is just one endless vacation. 

Curious to see if she visits Josie at all.  According to Josie's IG she is going camping this weekend.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Katie and Travis are at Carlin's.  They drove. Not even a week since the gender reveal party.  Their life is just one endless vacation. 

All of Remi's puppies went home last weekend, so they're flush with backyard breeder cash 🙄

Don't Travis' siblings work for the family cabal? I'm surprised he's given so much leeway to sit around and do nothing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Katie says that Trav is an online sales rep for some company and thus works from home. I think he may have the sweet spot of - I get earnings from the family school bc daddy has agreed to pay me a % as an adult family member but I can't be there daily bc I'm working this other "job" and meanwhile the job is probably some super part time 10 hr/wk gig. Leaving him all the time in the world to sit home with Katie. Even when they're not on random road trips, much like Carlin and Evan their days are spent running to get Chick Fil A or ice cream or donuts or whatever - things that people with jobs aren't doing at 2 pm bc their random donut craving waits until work is over. Now I don't see this lasting forever. I feel like daddy may be giving him some leeway because he just "graduated" and got married to a wife who wasn't adjusting well at all initially and now has a pregnant wife, but I can see say by next school year, he's a full time music teacher or something at that school.

Katie is likely going to split her time with Josie and Carlin, as we've seen her do every time. If Josie is going camping this weekend, Katie will be with Carlin until Sunday and then a few days with Josie before leaving. Hell no one has work Monday so it's not like they have to drive back on Sunday. She did the same thing last time - Josie was going to Fla or someplace later in the week of Katie's visit so initially Katie spent 100% of her time with Josie and then when Josie left it was exclusively Carlin. Seems like Katie doesn't even stay with G&K when she visits - she splits her time with the 2 sisters she acknowledges. She prob visits her parents some and while there maybe she runs into Michael if Michael has made an effort to come to G&K to see her. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, cereality said:

Katie says that Trav is an online sales rep for some company and thus works from home. I think he may have the sweet spot of - I get earnings from the family school bc daddy has agreed to pay me a % as an adult family member but I can't be there daily bc I'm working this other "job" and meanwhile the job is probably some super part time 10 hr/wk gig. Leaving him all the time in the world to sit home with Katie. Even when they're not on random road trips, much like Carlin and Evan their days are spent running to get Chick Fil A or ice cream or donuts or whatever - things that people with jobs aren't doing at 2 pm bc their random donut craving waits until work is over. Now I don't see this lasting forever. I feel like daddy may be giving him some leeway because he just "graduated" and got married to a wife who wasn't adjusting well at all initially and now has a pregnant wife, but I can see say by next school year, he's a full time music teacher or something at that school.

Katie is likely going to split her time with Josie and Carlin, as we've seen her do every time. If Josie is going camping this weekend, Katie will be with Carlin until Sunday and then a few days with Josie before leaving. Hell no one has work Monday so it's not like they have to drive back on Sunday. She did the same thing last time - Josie was going to Fla or someplace later in the week of Katie's visit so initially Katie spent 100% of her time with Josie and then when Josie left it was exclusively Carlin. Seems like Katie doesn't even stay with G&K when she visits - she splits her time with the 2 sisters she acknowledges. She prob visits her parents some and while there maybe she runs into Michael if Michael has made an effort to come to G&K to see her. 

Trav might be online sales rep for his family's business, which would explain how he has so much free time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

We have seen SM posts about Trav singing at church and driving out of state for recording trips with his family, so maybe they consider that enough of a job? 

Well, they *claim* that he has some kind of job that he works from home. They've never specified what he does. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Curious to see if she visits Josie at all.  According to Josie's IG she is going camping this weekend.

Had to test out the new and expensive wheels, I guess.

• Love 2

Must be nice to have money to burn. I’m not jealous; I just think it’s wasteful. So Carlin&fam, Kelly Jo (plus Gil and 4 (I think) youngest), & Michaela* all flew to NJ  for a gender reveal that she could’ve had in TN (and had one in NJ for the Clark’s) now that she’s there. I’m assuming they’re not staying until Trace’s wedding but will be back to TN for that in Oct. I’ll give John Webster a pass since Alyssa was flying to get the dog and coordinated around the reveal but ended up pg & sick. 
*Michaela didn’t even stay a whole day. She flew in the morning and back out that night. That seems the most wasteful/non-economical.  
~~~~
Is this weird to anyone else?  Or am I just a cranky old lady that hates air travel? 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

To me it's all look at me show and waste.  My daughter called on the way home from the ultrasound and then asked me not to tell anyone.  They wanted to tell a couple of people in person.  The Bateses are what happens when you have too many children and then put them on TV.  They grow up attention starved and used to performing for attention.  

• Like 4
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Must be nice to have money to burn. I’m not jealous; I just think it’s wasteful. So Carlin&fam, Kelly Jo (plus Gil and 4 (I think) youngest), & Michaela* all flew to NJ  for a gender reveal that she could’ve had in TN (and had one in NJ for the Clark’s) now that she’s there. I’m assuming they’re not staying until Trace’s wedding but will be back to TN for that in Oct. I’ll give John Webster a pass since Alyssa was flying to get the dog and coordinated around the reveal but ended up pg & sick. 
*Michaela didn’t even stay a whole day. She flew in the morning and back out that night. That seems the most wasteful/non-economical.  
~~~~
Is this weird to anyone else?  Or am I just a cranky old lady that hates air travel? 

I don’t usually hate air travel, but I prefer to spend my precious travel time visiting new and exciting destinations, not nonsense sex reveals in New Jersey with relatives. And I’m not keen on air travel during a pandemic, with halfwit fundie superspreaders who fly maskless with sick kids. They are irresponsible and sickening putting their own kids and others at risk.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Carlin&fam, Kelly Jo (plus Gil and 4 (I think) youngest), & Michaela* all flew to NJ  for a gender reveal that she could’ve had in TN (and had one in NJ for the Clark’s)

That actually would've been ideal. They could've done something low-key for the Clarks, which Travis' parents would've preferred, and then done the circus for the Bateses. 

I definitely don't think you're cranky or jealous. The way these people live their lives is wasteful. Yeah, they've got their little influencer hustle, but come on. They don't have Bezos or Gates money. I wouldn't even consider any of them upper middle class. I'm just mind-boggled at how casually they toss around thousands for couches, stoves, mirrors etc., not to mention plane tickets every week. And I don't buy that Carlin is flying for $19. She and Evan tend to leave from Nashville and it is NOT a cheap airport to fly out of. I was down there in May for a funeral and two round-trip tickets out of Boston were $1200. Granted, I didn't have weeks in advance to scout deals, but still. 

I consider Travis an outlier, because his family has money. He's likely drawing an allowance off whatever bullshit job title Daddy assigned him that allows him to claim he "works from home," but the others make no sense. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

How did Katie and Travis meet? 

According to a Q&A some friends had seen Katie on IG and told Travis about her. He took one look at her picture, thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and contacted her. Katie replied, the parents met, they started dating.

• Like 2