Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

LOL!!! I see what you did there Lotus.

Totally unintentional!

I agree but differ on the reasoning. I think people understood what she was convicted (maybe not as clear were the differences between lying to federal investigators and taking advantage of non public information) but to me the element that makes people shoulder shrug when it comes to white collar crimes are the degree to which they consider them victimless. Madoff is a white collar criminal but he was hated because you can look at and point to the people whose lives he ruined. Insider trading and/or lying to the feds is a big deal, but from an "eh, who did she hurt, really?" perspective, I totally understand how Martha got a pass. Plus as somebody mentioned above, she shutup and took it like a G.

I hear ya. Madoff wiped out people's bank accounts - savings and retirement. Martha engaged in a scheme to get richer. But with Martha, it was hard to point to her fraud, since she was so rich to begin with. With Teresa - every single marble statue she flaunted came from their deceit. She needs to accept her responsibility in their decade-long crime spree, and just get on with it.

And I hardly ever disagree with motorcitymom, but I don't think any filming's going on now, nor do I think Bravo will film any footage of Teresa pre-prison, or Joe going it alone with the girls. I don't know what they're going to do with this franchise, but I think the Giudices are done. And while I feel pretty certain of that, I also said there's no way Bethenny would return to RHONY.....

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2

LOL, did I read correctly? so she can return to her charitable endeavors?

I knew there was a reason why Teresa suddeenly got so interested in doing charity, she thought it would be a get out of jail pass.

I hope the judge doesn't fall for all this antics.

Although Teresa may be raising money for the Kidney charity still, her name and photo was removed from their website after the indictments came out. Maybe she is taking more interest in Dina's charity LB, as a reason to get out of prison early!

I am sorry for tagging on your post, thanks for the info but this bother me a lot.

If i had the misfortune to land in jail and the sentence is going to be 15 months which means that I will be out in probably a year, why in the world would I want to submit my young daughters to the penance of going to visit me to jail every week? why would I put them through this?

Phone calls? Every day if possible, videochat? don't know if it is possible but if it was then great, but visits? absolutely not.

Teresa says she loves her daughters, but love sometimes means sacrifice, to love someone as much as she says she loves her daughters means to do what it is in their best interest, not YOURS, but THEIRS. If I was in Teresa's position I would ask Joe to not everbring her girls to prison, she has to know that the paps will be all over them and that they would have to be pattend down and search, she will have to witness the reality of prison which as nice as this one is, it is still prison.

Of course none of this clicks in her mind, if she would think and loved her daughters as much as she wants us to believe she would have never commited the crimes she did so that point is nule and void.

Her girls would probably want to see her. I think it would only be cruel to force the girls if they didn't want to go. I can't imagine how hard it would be for them to know their Mom was so close and they could go and give her a hug every weekend if they wanted to. Their whole world is about to flip, they will be moving homes, their parents will be separated and they will probably move schools and lose friends, not to mention some of their material possessions. They may need a big hug from her to help stay connected. God knows Theresa does not have a way with words.

• Love 2

You're all going to freak when you read about the very real possibility of Bravo giving Teresa a Christmas special.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/teresa-giudice-bravo-christmas-special-rhonj/

Oh My God! Plus, she typically spends $10k on just gifts for the girls?????

This whole situation is like an early Christmas present for me, I just can't get enough! Every day there is some new detail that tops the one from the day before!

Also, a big part of why Martha was in the crosshairs was her fame...I've seen people speculate that if an unknown person had done the same crime, they might have received a shorter punishment/home arrest/fined, but Martha got used as an example of why you shouldn't lie to the Feds. 

And yea, she was super classy about it and just accepted that she made a huge error and moved on.

• Love 2

I really wouldn't watch anything with the Guidices.  I barely watched or tolerated them on RHONJ.  However, I follow their legal foibles like it's my job.  THAT. I am interested in.  Seeing Teresa bullshit her way around Christmas and being sent to prison will not make for good TV.  Seeing her own up to her mistakes to her daughters, seeing her walk into some of the small businesses they ripped off to give them a sum of money at the holidays to make right on the bankruptcy; seeing her actually balance a checkbook and figure out how to make ends meet...all of these things I would watch.  But she will never, ever, ever, ever do that.  Her holiday special will be filled with all the lies and nonsense that i've come to expect from these grifter felons.  

• Love 6

Martha Stewart did what a lot of people with friends in the stock market do--and, if memory serves, the entire amount she profited was about $40k. I was okay with her being punished, but why not punish every investor and every broker who does the same thing--and so much worse?  Nevertheless, she handled it all with class and apparently got along well with everyone while in prison. I do not picture the same situation with Teresa (think: Danielle Staub x 100)

Teresa will force the girls to visit every week whether they want to or not. Why? Because she thinks there will be television cameras permanently stationed outside and it will strengthen her case for early dismissal. Personally, I hope she -doesn't- call every day. Because you know all it will be is her chance to play the "poor me" song to them and make it all about her, not about them.

I -do- think she is stupid, in the low IQ sense. But I think her biggest problem is a narcissistic personality. I'm sorry she seems to be getting preferential treatment. If I were the judge and saw how arrogant and unrepentant she is (I still don't see any evidence she accepts that she did anything wrong), I'd give her the 21 months (at least) and NOT the prison of her choice. She's lucky, as always, and yet she's still complaining. As always.

• Love 2

Her girls would probably want to see her. I think it would only be cruel to force the girls if they didn't want to go. I can't imagine how hard it would be for them to know their Mom was so close and they could go and give her a hug every weekend if they wanted to. Their whole world is about to flip, they will be moving homes, their parents will be separated and they will probably move schools and lose friends, not to mention some of their material possessions. They may need a big hug from her to help stay connected. God knows Theresa does not have a way with words.

I agree with this ^ in that I don't think the children should be forced to go if they don't want to, and shouldn't be kept from going if they do want to go.

I think it's similar to a situation where a parent might be in the hospital or making a decision whether a child should attend a funeral.  It's going to depend on each child and whether (1) the situation would be too upsetting, or (2) whether the child would be comforted or feel better about the situation by going.  Sometimes seeing the reality (hospital visit) is better than imagining the worst.  Of course, it also depends on Theresa's attitude during the visit.  If she keeps the visits upbeat and positive, it might not be that scary for the girls.

Hopefully each of the girls will get to decide for herself whether she wants to go and Theresa and Joe will respect their decision.  (Somehow, though, knowing what we know about Theresa, I don't think she'd take it well if one of them didn't want to come visit her....)  

I also wonder what will happen when Joe is in jail and the girls get older.  I have friends who are divorced and share custody with their exes and more than one has told me that, while the children were happy to go off and see their dad on the weekends when they were little, they resented it more and more as they became teenagers because they wanted to do things with their friends on the weekends.

• Love 2

Fun fact: The day Martha was released from prison she was photographed getting off a plane in a poncho that an inmate friend had knit for her.  Right after that photo hit the 'net, Lion Brand Yarn got hundreds of pattern requests for that poncho. The most requests for a pattern to date. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade.

Topic:  Will Teresa make any friends in college?  Would she wear anything handmade or would that be skeeve?  Since she'll be released in the spring, perhaps her inmate friend could macramé a bikini for Tre, just in time for beach season at Ship's Bottom. Oh wait....Teresa couldn't afford the $5.00 beach passes last summer, why would she fork over the dough in 2016.  Especially since the price of passes are due to go up a buck or two.

• Love 2

plus, she typically spends $10k on just gifts for the girls?????

This irks me no end.   When I am typing my clients financial statement and see how much they spend on gifts I am amazed.   Because the ones with the highest amoutn spent on gifts and dining out  complain they have no money and need more child support and alimony.   It NEVER crosses their mind to cut back on discretionary things like eating out and gifts.   No your child does not need a brand new IPad for Christmas.   Really.   No you don't have to eat out 4 times a week, even if it is McDonald's (a whole other argument).    

Live within your means.   It is not other people's responsibility to fund your lifestyle.  

• Love 4

I agree with this ^ in that I don't think the children should be forced to go if they don't want to, and shouldn't be kept from going if they do want to go.

I think it's similar to a situation where a parent might be in the hospital or making a decision whether a child should attend a funeral.  It's going to depend on each child and whether (1) the situation would be too upsetting, or (2) whether the child would be comforted or feel better about the situation by going.  Sometimes seeing the reality (hospital visit) is better than imagining the worst.  Of course, it also depends on Theresa's attitude during the visit.  If she keeps the visits upbeat and positive, it might not be that scary for the girls.

Hopefully each of the girls will get to decide for herself whether she wants to go and Theresa and Joe will respect their decision.  (Somehow, though, knowing what we know about Theresa, I don't think she'd take it well if one of them didn't want to come visit her....)  

I also wonder what will happen when Joe is in jail and the girls get older.  I have friends who are divorced and share custody with their exes and more than one has told me that, while the children were happy to go off and see their dad on the weekends when they were little, they resented it more and more as they became teenagers because they wanted to do things with their friends on the weekends.

There is a part of me that thinks Teresa will see the girls once or twice and then realize she doesn't want them to see her in that setting.  I don't know what to make of the point system in Danbury but it would seem far more logical for Teresa to see her children two at time and an occasional all four daughters visiting.  As you have said children react differently to these types of situations.  I would also like to think that whatever decision these folks make about visitation remains somewhat private.

This is also a situation where very publicly the blame has been placed on the father for Teresa's  incarceration.  From reading comments on various websites it seems many adults don't fully understand why Teresa is going first and Joe second.  Essentially, when Joe goes in, he won't be coming home  again-if the mandatory deportation law is still in effect, so there is a lot for this family to mull over. 

• Love 2

I found the whole story about the Christmas Special very shifty. There was just something off about it. Anyway, if they were to do something, I'm assuming the courts will garnish a percent of any payment for their debt, right?

Martha Stewart broke the law, and people who do that should be punished. I've always been unclear on whether the original trade was truly done by her or her financial people and she was more neglectful than any thing else, realized she was in deep and then made a bad choice in lying to try to save her self. But either way, for me, the big difference is that what Martha did was a bad decision/mistake (well, a few  related to one thing) not years of thumbing her nose at the law, and it is not responsible for Martha being Martha. If anything it did far more harm than good, because of what she built that she risked. The fraud is what made the Giudice's. Without the house and Joe's "business" they wouldn't have been on RHW. So everything they had was owed to crime. Martha didn't make who she is by that stock trade, she's worked very hard for a long time to get to where she was, and has continued to work after getting out.

Teresa didn't stand out as dumb or smart on Celebrity Apprentice too me. But I hate Lisa Lampenelli so much and she was making my blood boil so I may have missed some things. I remember Teresa was generally liked/wasn't a trouble maker, though.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

You're right!  

So far I've only found one online entertainment site, GossipCop, confirming that but if it's true (which I hope) the others will catch up eventually.

http://www.gossipcop.com/teresa-giudice-christmas-special-bravo-holiday-show/

The Christmas show story makes me wonder/suspect if Teresa and whatever "team" she has left, are the ones putting the idea out there in hopes that Bravo will go for it. I would not put it past her, she still believes that she is the NJ fan favorite!

The Christmas show story makes me wonder/suspect if Teresa and whatever "team" she has left, are the ones putting the idea out there in hopes that Bravo will go for it. I would not put it past her, she still believes that she is the NJ fan favorite!

The folks at Radar sit around a table and figure out what stories to "report." This one is about as transparent and obvious as they get.

• Love 1

A day in the life at Danbury.   Sounds awful, compared to what Tre is used to.  Good.

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/23/what-its-really-like-inside-danbury-prison-teresa_giudice-rhonj/

5:00-ish: count. She must be in her room but she doesn’t have to stand up for this one. It’s OK if she is still in bed.
6:15-7:15 a.m. breakfast. she can go to breakfast when she wants.
7:30 a.m. or so: go to work. Most new people are assigned to either ground maintenance or to food service. If she is assigned to food service, she might have different work hours. If she is assigned to ground maintenance, she must be on the bus by 7:30 a.m.
7:45 a.m. The boss does roll call and gives instructions and tells everyone what they are to do for the morning.
11:00 a.m. return to the camp on the bus and have lunch.
noon: get back on the bus.
12:15 p.m. the boss does roll call and gives instructions for afternoon work. Also the boss will say what needs to be fixed from the morning work.
3:00 p.m. get back on the bus and return to the camp.
3:00 p.m. -nearly 4:00 p.m. free time. go outside or take a shower or do… whatever.
4:00 p.m.-ish: everyone must return to their rooms for the “standing count.” She’ll have to stand by her bunk and the Correctional Officers count everyone. Sometimes, they count repeatedly because they make booboos.
4:30 p.m. dinner. People are called to dinner by living unit. The order of who goes to dinner when is based on how well each living unit did in the weekly room inspection.
5:00-ish. mail call.
After mail call and after count “clears” (meaning that everyone in both the camp and the big prison have been counted): go outside, walk on the track, go to the gym, go to evening activities (religious activities, craft classes, exercise classes, etc.), watch TV, write letters, take showers, etc.
10:00 p.m. count (“go to your room”)
11:00 p.m. lights out
12:30 a.m. count (the COs use flashlights for all nighttime counts. At first, this will probably wake her up, but, eventually, she’ll sleep right through it)
2:30 a.m. count.

• Love 5

A day in the life at Danbury.   Sounds awful, compared to what Tre is used to.  Good.

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/23/what-its-really-like-inside-danbury-prison-teresa_giudice-rhonj/

5:00-ish: count. She must be in her room but she doesn’t have to stand up for this one. It’s OK if she is still in bed.

7:30 a.m. or so: go to work. Most new people are assigned to either ground maintenance or to food service. If she is assigned to food service, she might have different work hours. If she is assigned to ground maintenance, she must be on the bus by 7:30 a.m.

7:45 a.m. The boss does roll call and gives instructions and tells everyone what they are to do for the morning.

12:15 p.m. the boss does roll call and gives instructions for afternoon work. Also the boss will say what needs to be fixed from the morning work.

3:00 p.m. -nearly 4:00 p.m. free time. go outside or take a shower or do… whatever.

4:00 p.m.-ish: everyone must return to their rooms for the “standing count.” She’ll have to stand by her bunk and the Correctional Officers count everyone. Sometimes, they count repeatedly because they make booboos.

4:30 p.m. dinner. People are called to dinner by living unit. The order of who goes to dinner when is based on how well each living unit did in the weekly room inspection.

After mail call and after count “clears” (meaning that everyone in both the camp and the big prison have been counted): go outside, walk on the track, go to the gym, go to evening activities (religious activities, craft classes, exercise classes, etc.), watch TV, write letters, take showers, etc.

12:30 a.m. count (the COs use flashlights for all nighttime counts. At first, this will probably wake her up, but, eventually, she’ll sleep right through it)

This will drive her nuts! Someone else telling HER what to do and then having the audacity to tell her she did it wrong and for her to correct it! Lets hope none of the guards or other inmates ask her if she is "stupid"! 

• Love 1

Damn, I was looking forward to the black and white striped theme tree.

I think you mean orange. Danbury is, of course, the setting for "Orange is the new Black."

Which is pretty funny considering I believe female inmates are issued green and/or khaki clothing.  I think they can buy sweats in white or gray.

Yes, it's easier than a lot of people's lives/schedules. But Teresa is such a spoiled, entitled brat with such delusions of her place in the world that even this experience of following orders and living and working with others, like no one special, is going to be hard. I'm positive she expects to be treated as a celebrity once she's there. Hopefully, no one cares.

• Love 4

It looks like Milania Hair Care is NO MORE! I went to see if the site was still selling it and they are NOT! Did I miss the company announcing they were no longer partnering with Teresa? The hits keep coming!

• Love 2

Doesn't sound too bad actually.

It doesn't sound too bad to normal people like us that are more adapted to hardships and hard work. But Teresa? She's going to find it a nightmare that she can't wake up from. Don't forget, she's been treated like a Princess since she was born.

• Love 2

It sounds like a slightly (arguably) crappier version of some summer camps I went to as a preteen, with the (arguable) exception of the daily manual labor, with greater consequences for misbehavior.

• Love 1

It looks like Milania Hair Care is NO MORE! I went to see if the site was still selling it and they are NOT! Did I miss the company announcing they were no longer partnering with Teresa? The hits keep coming!

Yes they do which is why I'm sure someone already reported she lost her Fabulicious Gelato Bar deal but I just want to comment on the bolded sentence.

http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/10/21/teresa-giudice-lose-fabulicious-gelato-deal-due-to-felony-conviction/

“The gelato bar company told Teresa last week they wouldn’t be proceeding in doing any business with her.   Grocery store owners said their customers didn’t  want to buy anything associated with Teresa.  There was absolutely zero interest in the gelato bars before Teresa was sentenced and none since. The company decided to cut their losses and not waste any more time with Teresa.   She was extremely rude and unprofessional to deal with.”

Teresa will have to make a serious attitude adjustment before she goes to Danbury.  The prison guards and other inmates aren't going to take kindly to her "I'm better than thou" attitude.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Yes they do which is why I'm sure someone already reported she lost her Fabulicious Gelato Bar deal....

http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/10/21/teresa-giudice-lose-fabulicious-gelato-deal-due-to-felony-conviction/

“The gelato bar company told Teresa last week they wouldn’t be proceeding in doing any business with her.   Grocery store owners said their customers didn’t  want to buy anything associated with Teresa."

This is why I don't think Bravo will re-hire her.

• Love 1

Totally unintentional!

I hear ya. Madoff wiped out people's bank accounts - savings and retirement. Martha engaged in a scheme to get richer. But with Martha, it was hard to point to her fraud, since she was so rich to begin with. With Teresa - every single marble statue she flaunted came from their deceit. She needs to accept her responsibility in their decade-long crime spree, and just get on with it.

And I hardly ever disagree with motorcitymom, but I don't think any filming's going on now, nor do I think Bravo will film any footage of Teresa pre-prison, or Joe going it alone with the girls. I don't know what they're going to do with this franchise, but I think the Giudices are done. And while I feel pretty certain of that, I also said there's no way Bethenny would return to RHONY.....

It's OK Lotus, I've still got nothing but love for you girl. I hope you are right - it would restore my faith in humanity a bit if they wanted nothing more to do with her.

Keep in mind, however, I was right about Beth coming back to NY.......

• Love 2

A day in the life at Danbury. Sounds awful, compared to what Tre is used to. Good.

God, that routine sounds truly terrible to me, and I'm an adaptable, easygoing person. Teresa will have a very hard time with the regimentation, ESPECIALLY answering to "the boss!" I don't think Teresa has answered to anybody in her entire life.

Question: does anyone know if more time could be tacked on to Teresa's sentence if she is a chronic rulebreaker while imprisoned? I know that repercussions are swift in the prison system, but is it the same SOP in camps?

Edited by sleekandchic

I found the whole story about the Christmas Special very shifty. There was just something off about it. Anyway, if they were to do something, I'm assuming the courts will garnish a percent of any payment for their debt, right?

Martha Stewart broke the law, and people who do that should be punished. I've always been unclear on whether the original trade was truly done by her or her financial people and she was more neglectful than any thing else, realized she was in deep and then made a bad choice in lying to try to save her self. But either way, for me, the big difference is that what Martha did was a bad decision/mistake (well, a few  related to one thing) not years of thumbing her nose at the law, and it is not responsible for Martha being Martha. If anything it did far more harm than good, because of what she built that she risked. The fraud is what made the Giudice's. Without the house and Joe's "business" they wouldn't have been on RHW. So everything they had was owed to crime. Martha didn't make who she is by that stock trade, she's worked very hard for a long time to get to where she was, and has continued to work after getting out.

Teresa didn't stand out as dumb or smart on Celebrity Apprentice too me. But I hate Lisa Lampenelli so much and she was making my blood boil so I may have missed some things. I remember Teresa was generally liked/wasn't a trouble maker, though.

All of this. I have always felt that, if anything, Martha received harsher punishment beause she was a celebrity. Yeah, I realize it was Camp Cupcake so not al lthat harsh, but I would bet  had she not been famous she wouldn't have served any time, probably probation and fines. 

I am not a Martha fan, but I agree that she handled it with a good deal more class than Teresa and, of course, as you said her empire had nothing to do wiith the actual crime. So, even if I find her pompous and annoying I have to give her credit for working very hard for her success and for being a smart cookie. None of which applies to dim bulb, "I am the victim", Teresa. 

I had the exact same view of Tre on C.A. as you. She was pretty neutral and IMO the reason managed to last so long was that she flew below the radar by keeping a pretty low profile and, amazingly, not being controntational. There is almost always at least one contestant each season that gets pretty far along with exactly the same strategy. Although in Tre's case I suspect it was less strategy and more just realizng how over her head she was and just shutting up. 

I sincerely hope that she does the time she has been sentenced to. I don't care if it's Camp Cupcake, Tre is going to hate it and that's a good thing.

There is something seriously wrong with her, IMO, that goes beyond just being extremely stupid. I don't expect her to learn anything from this, but maybe her kids will.  

• Love 1

If Joe is deported, I just cannot see Teresa following him to Italy. Her girls are American through and through. Do they even speak Italian? They have their friends and their routines here, all of their extracurriculars. Plus by the time Joe gets deported, you'll have teens and pre-teens in the mix. How awful for them.

However, if Teresa shocks me and actually drags her kids to Italy, I hereby predict that Milania Guidice will be on the fast track to become the first female Vito Corleone. That kid scares me!

• Love 6

If Joe is deported, I just cannot see Teresa following him to Italy. Her girls are American through and through. Do they even speak Italian? They have their friends and their routines here, all of their extracurriculars. Plus by the time Joe gets deported, you'll have teens and pre-teens in the mix. How awful for them.

However, if Teresa shocks me and actually drags her kids to Italy, I hereby predict that Milania Guidice will be on the fast track to become the first female Vito Corleone. That kid scares me!

I don't know, I could also see her really wanting to move. Keep in mind that in the US she is subject to wage garnishment, piles of debt, and negative attention. Sure it would be easier on the girls to stay, but it would be way easier on her to ignore all that and start fresh. Anyone know the culture in Italy? I'm curious if similar to the US she and Joe would be able to easily open lines of credit. I also wonder how well known they are over there, or if Joe could easily get a job and Theresa could continue to stay home.

After years of living above their means, they will be forced in the US to live way below their means. Eventually. Right? Right? (You can tell I'm pissed they are still living in that house.)

• Love 3

This is why I don't think Bravo will re-hire her.

I stopped being surprised at the depths media will sink just make a dollar off of someone. It wouldn't surprise me if they do bring the family back in some form or fashion even if it is a "where are they now" one time show with all the housewives. Andy has a palatable hatred of Theresa but there is a curiosity about her that they can exploit. Andy and the exec's love the bank they make off of train wrecks and if they feel that they can make one thin dime more off of her they will.

I admit I enjoyed watching her and the family in earlier seasons, loved the tomato canning scene, and I would be curious to see how they are managing as they go through this mess that they created. I would only be interested in a few "where are they now" episodes but not a whole season.

If they keep the show they will have to make a lot of changes for me to watch next season. Bringing Caroline and Jacqaloon back, keeping the stupid twins and THE CANCER would be deal breakers for me. I'll stop watching.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

One or two seasons back, Teresa was trying to give the girls an Italian language lesson. They didn't seem very good at it, and all it did was highlight how bad the discipline is in that house. It was embarrassing to wach Teresa try to make them behave, especially Milania.

• Love 1

It irks me too that they are still living in that house, also it really peeved me to see the girls closets jammed full of clothes they will probably grow out of before they wear them. You know it was Theresa buying just to buy.

What also set me off was her house hunting and looking at another McMansion that was only smaller than her current monstrosity by 4,000 +/- feet (the size of 2-4 regular houses) It was probably producer driven but still bad.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

If Theresa decides moving to Italy is the best option for her to continue her lifestyle she will do it.   She won't care that her four beautiful daughters are US citizens, don't speak Italian, have friends and activities here.   What Theresa wants, Theresa gets, by hook or by crook.

• Love 5

Andy has a palatable hatred of Theresa

I know this is a popular theory, but I have just never seen it. I don't think he hates her at all. I think he believes she is as dumb as a stump, and in general Andy doesn't do dumb. He always tends to gravitate and show favoritism to the folks with the most smarts on any franchise (which can be hard to find), but I don't sense any hate at all. I think more than anything he is just dumbfounded by their behavior and what they have done to themselves. I actually think he cares for them. He talks with too much fondness about Tre's kids to harbor any hate towards her.

• Love 9

I know this is a popular theory, but I have just never seen it. I don't think he hates her at all. I think he believes she is as dumb as a stump, and in general Andy doesn't do dumb. He always tends to gravitate and show favoritism to the folks with the most smarts on any franchise (which can be hard to find), but I don't sense any hate at all. I think more than anything he is just dumbfounded by their behavior and what they have done to themselves. I actually think he cares for them. He talks with too much fondness about Tre's kids to harbor any hate towards her.

Hate may be too strong but when Andy has been on the same set as Theresa I just feel and sense that he has a strong dislike of her. He may like her kids and speak fondly of them, but I don't think he likes Theresa. He is polite to her, but his body language, what he allows to happen at reunions ( the allowing of gang ups on people he doesn't seem to care for), not letting her skate on questions where he would allow others to gloss over touchy subjects, it all just causes me to feel he doesn't like her. I really don't like her but I find her entertaining I feel Andy does too.  I feel he tolerates her because she is the show's cash cow whether he likes it or not. The onetime I really though he did a good and even job of interviewing her was the post sentence interview he did with T & J. He knew she was at her limit and his  tone and manner were different, but he still asked the hard questions, and pressed for clear answers which I liked. I think he was most fair in that interview to her than he has ever been towards her.

You are right MotorcityMama65 he doesn't do dumb but I think that contributes to his dislike of her, I also agree that he is "dumbfounded by their behavior" as we all are. I think there are some housewives he does care about but for the most part he cares about the money they bring in.

I'm not an apologist for her. I've always said I really don't like any of them and wouldn't be friends with any of them in the real world, but I enjoyed watching her and family more than the others.  I am disgusted by her actions and  I'm glad she is being punished for her crimes.

• Love 3

Hate may be too strong but when Andy has been on the same set as Theresa I just feel and sense that he has a strong dislike of her. He may like her kids and speak fondly of them, but I don't think he likes Theresa. He is polite to her, but his body language, what he allows to happen at reunions ( the allowing of gang ups on people he doesn't seem to care for), not letting her skate on questions where he would allow others to gloss over touchy subjects, it all just causes me to feel he doesn't like her. I really don't like her but I find her entertaining I feel Andy does too.  I feel he tolerates her because she is the show's cash cow whether he likes it or not. The onetime I really though he did a good and even job of interviewing her was the post sentence interview he did with T & J. He knew she was at her limit and his  tone and manner were different, but he still asked the hard questions, and pressed for clear answers which I liked. I think he was most fair in that interview to her than he has ever been towards her.

You are right MotorcityMama65 he doesn't do dumb but I think that contributes to his dislike of her, I also agree that he is "dumbfounded by their behavior" as we all are. I think there are some housewives he does care about but for the most part he cares about the money they bring in.

I'm not an apologist for her. I've always said I really don't like any of them and wouldn't be friends with any of them in the real world, but I enjoyed watching her and family more than the others.  I am disgusted by her actions and  I'm glad she is being punished for her crimes.

I think Andy was "dumbfounded" that Teresa became the fan favorite after season 2, I know I was. There was such an outcry by the end of season 2 against Teresa, because of her actions toward Danielle. More were calling for her to be fired than not yet Bravo kept her and fired Danielle (rightfully so with Danielle). I was surprised that many of those that were wanting her, Teresa, fired were then supporting her. Teresa and or her handlers realized that the perceived "victim" becomes fan favorite more often than not and Teresa leapt at that title and hung on to it for dear life.

I remember at 1 point during the season 3 reunion when Andy asked Teresa if she felt she was a "victim" and she said NO she was not in her opinion BUT that HER fans told her she was, so that meant it must be true! A few times during WWHL interviews and the season 3-4 reunions, Teresa referenced/repeated things her fans said to/about her on twitter, MBs, blogs ect, word for word. IMO, just mine, Teresa did what her fans wanted more than any other HW on any other HW show. Teresa played to her fans needs and that is why she has some of the most vocal/loyal, although now small, group of fans in reality TV. And I think Andy is amazed by this and angered by it as well, he of all people knows who and what she is behind the camera.   JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

I am sorry for tagging on your post, thanks for the info but this bother me a lot.

If i had the misfortune to land in jail and the sentence is going to be 15 months which means that I will be out in probably a year, why in the world would I want to submit my young daughters to the penance of going to visit me to jail every week? why would I put them through this?

Phone calls? Every day if possible, videochat? don't know if it is possible but if it was then great, but visits? absolutely not.

Teresa says she loves her daughters, but love sometimes means sacrifice, to love someone as much as she says she loves her daughters means to do what it is in their best interest, not YOURS, but THEIRS. If I was in Teresa's position I would ask Joe to not everbring her girls to prison, she has to know that the paps will be all over them and that they would have to be pattend down and search, she will have to witness the reality of prison which as nice as this one is, it is still prison.

Of course none of this clicks in her mind, if she would think and loved her daughters as much as she wants us to believe she would have never commited the crimes she did so that point is nule and void.

A few years back, I had a relative serving time in a low-security federal prison.  I visited from time to time, and it wasn't too bad.  At first I wondered why anyone would bring their children there to visit, but I realized it was better for the inmates to maintain contact with their children.  It gives them a very good reason to straighten out their lives.

No visitors were searched or patted down, but you did have to walk through a metal detector.  If you had a jacket on, you'd take that off and the guard would examine it.  There was a strict dress code for visitors.  No shorts, short or low-cut dresses, or sleeveless blouses.  You were allowed to bring in a clear plastic baggie with quarters for the vending machines.  Mothers with babies could bring in diapers, formula and such.  I understood from my relative that inmates were searched before and after having visitation.

All of that just to say, it really isn't the awful experience for children that you might think.  I never brought any with me, but the ones I saw there were playing (there was a play area in the visitor's room) and behaving in a normal fashion.  I guess for them, this was their normal.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 2

Martha Stewart made $40,000 by selling stock on a tip from a friend who was connected either to the company or in the market (can't quite remember). She did what a lot of us would have done (okay, speaking for myself) and made relatively little money doing it.

Teresa and Joe repeatedly defrauded people, cheated the government, passed their "bankruptcy" on to the rest of us while hiding their assets, and knowingly stole over $5 million. Imo, Martha made a bad decision and could argue that it wasn't exactly "insider trading" (she was convicted of obstruction because she wouldn't testify and have that used to convict her friend of insider trading. There's arguably some kind of ethics involved in that decision, too--i.e. completely different from Teresa and Joe who only, always, think just about themselves.)

I hope--HOPE--that the Danbury prison people do their jobs and let her know her "act" isn't going to cut it there (she already has been given numerous breaks, imo). I could see her finding some way to get "punished" and have to be isolated from the rest, not "allowed" to work, etc.  She's obnoxious and manipulative. I'm glad the truth is finally coming out from multiple sources, inc. the articles published above. Maybe in 15 months she will learn some humility. 

In the meantime, how are they still living in the McMansion? Why do they still have so much stuff and also that lifestyle? Did they transfer it all to the children's names? I don't understand that at all.

• Love 3

Martha Stewart made $40,000 by selling stock on a tip from a friend who was connected either to the company or in the market (can't quite remember). She did what a lot of us would have done (okay, speaking for myself) and made relatively little money doing it.

Teresa and Joe repeatedly defrauded people, cheated the government, passed their "bankruptcy" on to the rest of us while hiding their assets, and knowingly stole over $5 million. Imo, Martha made a bad decision and could argue that it wasn't exactly "insider trading" (she was convicted of obstruction because she wouldn't testify and have that used to convict her friend of insider trading. There's arguably some kind of ethics involved in that decision, too--i.e. completely different from Teresa and Joe who only, always, think just about themselves.)

I hope--HOPE--that the Danbury prison people do their jobs and let her know her "act" isn't going to cut it there (she already has been given numerous breaks, imo). I could see her finding some way to get "punished" and have to be isolated from the rest, not "allowed" to work, etc.  She's obnoxious and manipulative. I'm glad the truth is finally coming out from multiple sources, inc. the articles published above. Maybe in 15 months she will learn some humility. 

In the meantime, how are they still living in the McMansion? Why do they still have so much stuff and also that lifestyle? Did they transfer it all to the children's names? I don't understand that at all.

You may say she only made $40,000 but her sell off and the others who sell off due to inside info made other stockholders portfolio's shrink. That is theft.

• Love 4

Question: does anyone know if more time could be tacked on to Teresa's sentence if she is a chronic rulebreaker while imprisoned? I know that repercussions are swift in the prison system, but is it the same SOP in camps?

Depending on the rule she may break she could lose good time, her job, privileges like visiting, phone, have her unit changed, be restricted to her quarters.