Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

This is from the judge, per People magazine:  "For a moment I thought about probation … but I think a period of confinement is absolutely necessary in this case," said the judge. "I don't honestly believe that you understand or respect the law. I need to send a message. In the eyes of the law it doesn't matter who you are. There are consequences to pay."

• Love 13

Say what????    The bitch is pregnant???

That's what I heard - no substantiation.  I did think it fishy and a possible ploy to keep her out of jail when I heard it.

• Love 3

Just read that she will serve her sentence first, and Joe after she has finished. So the kids will still have one parent. I really do feel for those girls.  And I can't lie, I'd watch a season of post-prison Tre. 

• Love 8

I forgot the sentencing was today and just logged on in time to catch up with Joe's sentencing and get Tre's real time and I'm wiped out! I don't know how everyone who followed along all day did it. I would have had a panic attack by now, but I appreciate y'all's dedication!

I'm glad Tre is serving time. Ideally, the reunion will be held right outside the prison and she can surrender as the credits roll!

• Love 1

And the winner is...Rahul! Who was the closest without going over. 

Teresa - 12 months

Joe - 36 months

Rahul, the following gifts will be on their way just as soon as you send me a message with your bank account number, so I may withdraw shipping charges.              

* Phaedra Parks' Donkey Booty      workout DVD.

* Sonja Morgan's Toaster Oven.

* A Kim Zolciak Signature Wig.

* A year supply of Milania Hair Care.

* A pair of Jill Zarin's Skweez    Couture Shapewear.

* A pair of Adrienne Maloof’s Hoofs. 

• Love 15

Personally, I would prefer her to not be at the reunion.  There is no way that it could be about anything else except Teresa and her problems, and there would be this big play for sympathy. Everyone would put their arms around her and say nice things. I think it would be silly for folks to sit around and argue about gossip and such knowing that one of them would soon be going away to prison.  It would be much less fun if she were there. 

• Love 2

Teresa Giudice gets 15 months in prison - #RHONJ #BREAKING”

I'm actually pleased that Joe won't be the only one vacationing at Club Fed.  

Teresa, get ready to live in someone else's house.  On a cot.  With shitty food.  And no Gucci.

.......and wearing somebody else's undies.

• Love 3

Personally, I would prefer her to not be at the reunion.  There is no way that it could be about anything else except Teresa and her problems, and there would be this big play for sympathy. Everyone would put their arms around her and say nice things. I think it would be silly for folks to sit around and argue about gossip and such knowing that one of them would soon be going away to prison.  It would be much less fun if she were there. 

Ha it's true, it'd be hard to care about the Rino rumor with Tre there. 

• Love 1

QUOTE: This is from the judge, per People magazine:  "For a moment I thought about probation … but I think a period of confinement is absolutely necessary in this case," said the judge. "I don't honestly believe that you understand or respect the law. I need to send a message. In the eyes of the law it doesn't matter who you are. There are consequences to pay."

Damn, I love this judge. We need to buy her a drink!

• Love 6

so so true. If I were Andy I would push for a special, just on Teresa. I would watch in pjs, wrapped in my favorite quilt with wine, popcorn and chocolate

• Love 5

All day I was flashing back to the earlier episodes where Teresa was spending money like crazy - the house shopping, shopping with her girls.  And it wasn't like she even looked at prices.  It was all fun and games then - basically using stolen money.  Now it's time to pay the piper, and here come the tears.  I do feel sorry for the kids, as they had no part in the fraudulent actions.  

Now both Teresa and Joe are all concerned about the girls.  They didn't seem to even consider the consequences when they were actually committing the crimes.

I think both sentences seem light due to all of the charges against them.  I know - plea bargain, but still.  I'd like to know how the high priced attorneys are being paid.

After watching twitter for the sentencing today, I couldn't believe some people still think that the government was just out for them, tragic that they're attacking good people, trying to take a good family down.  Seriously?  These two willingly committed fraud and did not file taxes for at least 5 years.  No one framed them, no one set them up, no one is jealous of them.

Even when the plea bargain stipulated that Joe had to file taxes, he still hadn't filed for 5 years.  I thought they might get more because it sure seems like they were trying to hide and play games with the judge.

• Love 7

I guess the pregnancy report was inaccurate as it wasn't mentioned today in court?

I wondered the same thing, what happened with the pregnancy. I think it was all just rumor to make the judge more sympathetic to Teresa if she thought she was pregnant.

• Love 3

Any minute now there will be reports Andy's begging the courts "Don't make her go directly to jail, she must film the reunion first!"

Jeeze, this was a long day. I'm finding myself a bit disappointed... at my self for how invested I've been all day. All this time I've been sure Teresa would get a shiny ankle bracelet out of this (never pulling it off even a fraction of how well Neal Caffrey does, of course.) I'm pretty surprised at the 15 months.  Usually in the case of celebrities and money/tax issues I tend to go easy on the person because I figure it's more of a case of them being guilty of stupidly being relaxed in people handling everything for them and not bothering to do basic checks, but this was done by the Giudice's themselves all the way. 

I do, genuinely, feel really bad for the girls. Especially when they have to live with the probable mess of Teresa fresh out of jail going into raising them alone for a few years. God help them. 

Is it wrong I still find the Gorga's more annoying, though?

• Love 9

Teresa, in her statement to the judge: "I need to live to do things by myself." Besides using bad grammar, she was throwing Joe under the bus 'til the very end. Witch.

WTF does that even mean, assuming its translated into English? Did the moron think it was a possible death sentence?

• Love 6

They honestly deserve it and much more.  Even after they were caught and pleaded guilty, they still failed to get that financial disclosure statement in on time and the report wasn't accurate.  The judge is absolutely right, they STILL hadn't learned their lesson and have no respect for the law.  Idiots.

• Love 5

Even though I would've preferred more jail time I'm pleased as punch she's getting jail time. I think she and her minions thought she'd skate with house arrest or probation. Judge's comment was on the mark.

• Love 7

Ha it's true, it'd be hard to care about the Rino rumor with Tre there. 

Teresa should have been a friend of this year and this been a notation.  Supposedly, they are filming next week-October 5th. 

Teresa will be running for media outlet to media outlet to tell her story for $$$$$.  Quite honestly I don't think she can handle to humiliation the judge dished out. 

Joe on the other hand is getting ready to turn the mansion into a bachelor pad.  You just know those girls are going to spend most of their time with relatives.  Joe will be having the guys over, drinking some homemade wine and frying up some sausages.  If I were Joe I would call a consignment shop and have them empty Teresa's closet.

• Love 8

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

It would have been  JOY JOY, but for the length of time the pig/Tre will be in prison.

As for her 'four beautiful daughters', well, heartless as it is, I give them exactly as much consideration as BOTH Tre and Juicy did - zero.  They will be coddled and pitied and publicized and pampered as the poor down-trodden offspring - which their parents had EVERY opportunity to prevent.  They most certainly do not need my empathy, sympathy or good wishes. Stacked up against all the truly suffering kids on this planet, their lot is nothing by comparison.

BEST of all was the judge calling them on their continued practice of evasion, deflection, lack of honesty, failure to comply with the law, etc...methinks this judge will go far!

As much as I have always disliked Teresa, I was truly afraid she would skate on this one.... but....justice has prevailed - just not to the extent I would have preferred. I am one who tends to take the law VERY seriously...I play by the rules, pay every cent of tax that the stupid forms (all scrupulously completed) say I should, am pitifully honest in all my business dealings, live with a clean conscience, PAY MY OWN WAY,  and ABSOLUTELY HATE those circumstances where scoff-laws like the jooooooodeeeeeeeechays get a free ride.  So, for me, this is a very good day!

• Love 11

WTF does that even mean, assuming its translated into English? Did the moron think it was a possible death sentence?

It was part of a rambling quote about how she needs to learn how to do things on her own, be independent, show her daughter's how to "live in the world..." It was before she was sentenced, so she was trying to say she was just the dumb housewife at home (my pun, not hers), and let her husband do everything. Again, totally throwing Joe under the bus, not to mention her self-proclaimed image of a "strong" person, businesswoman, and entrepreneur.

• Love 4

Did their lawyer or a PR person feed them the line about the "four beautiful daughters"?  I mean, it's so precise and the same each time - not "our kids" or "our children" - but always the "four beautiful daughters."  Sounds like someone sat down with them and told them certain phrases to use.  And BTW, while it is horrible for the children, I think it should have NOTHING to do with sentencing.  Having kids doesn't give you a pass to commit crime.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 2

As for her 'four beautiful daughters', well, heartless as it is, I give them exactly as much consideration as BOTH Tre and Juicy did - zero.  They will be coddled and pitied and publicized and pampered as the poor down-trodden offspring - which their parents had EVERY opportunity to prevent.  They most certainly do not need my empathy, sympathy or good wishes. Stacked up against all the truly suffering kids on this planet, their lot is nothing by comparison.

I want to sit next to you on the bus to hell, BecauseIsaidso.  If they were all about the kids, why didn't they give them an ounce of thought before they got caught?

• Love 6

Not so fast Rhetorica - I'm a big winner too. Went back to 12 months again for Tre last night.

I always had Teresa down for 12 months, too, but we probably didn't guess Joe's sentence correctly. I think I was close, but I don't remember.

• Love 1

I bet anything that Andy will try his darnedest to film the reunion before she has to turn herself in. He wouldn't be his famewhoring self if he didn't.

I think they're taping the reunion this week. There's no way Teresa's gonna show.

In season 1 Teresa was shown taking her girls on shopping sprees which she said she did a few times a week.  She also has all those elaborate clothes and costumes--some looking custom made ( like the outfits in Italy).  She has always gotten them to expensive and photo shoots for Christmas cards, etc.  There has never been any expense spared.  Everything is always completely over the top for her.  I really don't think this will change.  She has too much pride, and Teresa's all about keeping up with the Joneses, and at the very least, having more than her brother and Melissa. 

• Love 2

It was part of a rambling quote about how she needs to learn how to do things on her own, be independent, show her daughter's how to "live in the world..." It was before she was sentenced, so she was trying to say she was just the dumb housewife at home (my pun, not hers), and let her husband do everything. Again, totally throwing Joe under the bus, not to mention her self-proclaimed image of a "strong" person, businesswoman, and entrepreneur.

I don't think the judge bought it-or how the show was unimportant to her.

• Love 1

Just read the judges supposed comments and as I did, my mind immediately went to Judge Vandaley in the last Seinfeld, "Given the manner in which you four have conducted yourselves I can see nothing more fitting than for you to spend a year removed from society."

• Love 10

Not so fast Rhetorica - I'm a big winner too. Went back to 12 months again for Tre last night.

Jenniferfdc, Yes you did and I have it. Close, but no cigar. Too many caveats. Of course, I could be persuaded to change my mind if you want to grease my palm...

Teresa  12 months

Joe 36 months (assuming DMV fraud will run concurrent)

no deportation

Staggered sentences 

• Love 2

I think she was trying to play the feminist card, too--that seems to be the celebrity hot word at the moment.  Didn't work.  So she threw the show under the bus, threw her husband under the bus and while I'm sure it was just strategy to avoid prison and she didn't mean a word of it, oi.

• Love 2