Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Everybody Takes A Beating Sometime

• Start Topic

Airing May 27, 2021:

Bell's family goes public with their lawsuit, which leads to almost instant repercussions on the job. Angela tries to extract her children from Wheatley's clutches. Stabler puts the finishing touches on a long-awaited plan.

I like the episode title.  It's from a line in Goodfellas.  Henry skipped school  for months, and when his father received the truancy notice from school, Henry took a beating and said that line.  Then the poor postman took the blame.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Shirtless Stabler doing knuckle push ups? Wheatley gets an, um, early riser? Izhak goes bye bye? (Doh!) Sloooooot doing the damn thing?

I want to say poor Ritchie, but he wants to be a big baller one moment, cries for his dad the next,  And then….

Wheatley says what people either wanted to hear FOREVER or didn’t want to hear… 

Benson, you’re in danger girl. (Ugh.)

I enjoyed everything up to the last 90 seconds. This finale should be wild and weird. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

WTH was that vomit provoking speech by Wheatley at the end???  If he is talking about Benson, I'm going to puke up everything I've eaten since 2016!!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SuzieQ said:

WTH was that vomit provoking speech by Wheatley at the end???  If he is talking about Benson, I'm going to puke up everything I've eaten since 2016!!!

Hence my short post above.

• LOL 4
4 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Oh yes, of course he’s talking about the irresistible Benson.  

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Put them together. As annoying as the Stabler spawn collective is, I hope they make them so damned miserable that there is never any peace or happiness. UGH. LOL! (I mean, I'd be on the Stabler spawns' side there. Kathy was their mother!)

As for the rest, about what I expected. The subway showdown was kinda fun. And yeah, an officially-official fare thee well, Gina. I liked Bell's speech to Wheatley's son, Richie, about how he never deserved Gina's kindness towards him.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Put them together. As annoying as the Stabler spawn collective is, I hope they make them so damned miserable that there is never any peace or happiness. UGH. LOL! (I mean, I'd be on the Stabler spawns' side there. Kathy was their mother!)

As for the rest, about what I expected. The subway showdown was kinda fun. And yeah, an officially-official fare thee well, Gina. I liked Bell's speech to Wheatley's son, Richie, about how he never deserved Gina's kindness towards him.

I thought it was a great episode before that.  There is no need for Her to ever be mentioned again!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

It's juvenile for sure, but in cases such as these, I wish the board had a vomit emoji. Yes, I could find one, but it should be a board option!

Just now, SuzieQ said:

I thought it was a great episode before that.  There is no need for Her to ever be mentioned again!

Yeah, it was a good episode for about 99%. The pandering to the Benson/Stabler fan base ruined the last few minutes.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's juvenile for sure, but in cases such as these, I wish the board had a vomit emoji. Yes, I could find one, but it should be a board option!

Everything I've eaten since 2016!!🤢

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

This was the best episode of the season up until the end, when they had to pander to the Benson/Stabler shippers. That was so cringeworthy and stupid, complete with supervillain Wheatley’s over dramatic tone and facial expressions. It was completely unnecessary and I’m sick of both SVU and this show pandering to the shippers.

Other than that the episode was really good - it was intense and action filled and not hard to follow, and it was very satisfying to see the detectives round up and arrest Wheatley and his crew.

I don’t care for the subplot about Bell’s wife suing the department, that seems tacked on and pointless, I did like Stabler calling the captain who left a “bigoted scumbag”.

I like the other 2 detectives on the OC squad, Morales and Washburn, I wish they were on more.

Overall I liked the episode up until the end with the soapy, stupid pandering to Benson/Stabler shippers.

• Love 10

Why?  Just why? 

The thing that always bothered me about that whole "relationship," is that it is just too easy and lazy writing for the man, or woman, to fall for the person at work.  Stabler had several happy years with Kathy and they built a family.  Instead of keeping him true to the narrative of a good faithful man who married his childhood sweetheart, they have to take the easy route of him having feelings for his younger partner because they are "soulmates."  

Both are screwed up in their own ways, but honestly, who would be good enough for Olivia at this point?   They have made her so unlikeable.  The writing for that character and the portrayal of her is what made me stopped watching a Law and Order franchise, and I am a faithful fan who not only watched L&O: LA, but the UK version!    SVU just became insufferable....that and the way they wrote the Danny Pino character....

Now I can't have a good Stabler drama that is Olivia free......why????

As for the rest, I can stretch my imagination but what would be the point of talking to Ritchie where his family could hear instead of bringing him to a room....is it realistic they all would be detained together where they could talk to each other? 

At this point surely Angela would have to go into witness protection?   My guess is her long game is to take over his business. 

Not a fan of the campiness they are giving the Richard character.

• Love 9

I’m not going to argue this, because life is too short, but best I can tell, there are a decent enough fans of a Benson/Stabler relationship to make it worth the writers & show runners to go down that road. I thought the same for Scully/Mulder, Grissom/Sara, Carter/O’Neil and probably some others & was surprised at the vehemence of those who either insisted no relationship existed, or were disgusted that it did. 

As far as this specific episode, Wheatley’s trying to brain fu@k both Angela & Stabler. He has no idea who Stabler’s “true love” is, but his musings sure had the desired effect to rattle Angela, way more than the possible recordings. And I’m sure Stabler’s a bit freaked as well, having to consider if Benson now has a target on her back. My point: Sure, the scene likely makes shippers happy, but at the same time it fits in with Wheatley’s all knowing, supervillain persona.

And as far as I’m concerned, Wheatley was more of a hot mess than anyone in that room. His son is facing capital murder charges and will roll over in a heartbeat. He had not one, but two moles (or whatever term applies to Gina) in his midst. And his ex-wife ratted him out in a huge way, passwords and all. Pretty crap supervillain, all things considered.

• Love 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

The thing that always bothered me about that whole "relationship," is that it is just too easy and lazy writing for the man, or woman, to fall for the person at work. 

Because it’s a Dick Wolf show.  Have you seen the Chicago PD/MD/Fire shows — every single one has workplace soulmate romances.  Ugh.

I loved the tech geek woman jumping into action — scooter, buying a hot dog, taking her gun that she happens to keep handy, setting up the subway mike in the very midst of the very, very bad guys.  I also loved the “homeless transient” UC woman — what a great character / nice job in her limited minutes onscreen.

So very bummed that Gina was really truly dead.  Another interesting female character and very well acted.

UNLIKE Richard’s gross wife.  Please... 

Sylvano was great — enjoyed him and his “talking” to and directing the cops through his hidden mic.

Richard / Dylan McDermott were absurd in their almost comical villain portrayal.  I’ll be glad when this storyline is over.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Because it’s a Dick Wolf show.  Have you seen the Chicago PD/MD/Fire shows — every single one has workplace soulmate romances.  Ugh.

I loved the tech geek woman jumping into action — scooter, buying a hot dog, taking her gun that she happens to keep handy, setting up the subway mike in the very midst of the very, very bad guys.  I also loved the “homeless transient” UC woman — what a great character / nice job in her limited minutes onscreen.

So very bummed that Gina was really truly dead.  Another interesting female character and very well acted.

UNLIKE Richard’s gross wife.  Please... 

Sylvano was great — enjoyed him and his “talking” to and directing the cops through his hidden mic.

Richard / Dylan McDermott were absurd in their almost comical villain portrayal.  I’ll be glad when this storyline is over.

Unfortunately I don't think they know when to quit, so I don't know when it will be over.  

As much as I loved Law and Order I expected to like the Chicago shows and I didn't.  Don't watch.   I hate watch FBI, but have not even started the FBI spin off. 

When ou think about it, other than the Claire/Jack relationship which was largely off screen, we did not have a lot of "relationships" in Law and Order and that suited me just fine.   But I don't care for romance in my Legal/cop shows, or action adventure movies....just unnecessary to me....

• Love 3

I will say this much: It's kind of a shame that Dylan McDermott played such a dirtbag and that Tamara Taylor's character is also almost at an end (I'm assuming!), because they really did have scorching chemistry and could act. (Even if DM seemed to go over the top at points.)

Oh, well.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

Wheatley gets an, um, early riser? Izhak goes bye bye?

Eeeeewww, I thought they were having that “morning delight” on the balcony with their teenage son walking around downstairs!  I rewound it and, whew, just the housekeeper!  Still, eeeewwww!

spraking of the housekeepers, who cleaned up Izhak’s body from the pool???  I mean, the cops didn’t find him when they searched the house. Surely Wheatley didn’t just leave him there for Pilar & Ryan to trip over!  Did a couple of the new security guys stay behind to do the cleanup? It takes hours to drain and clean a pool that size - & considering all the blood, it would  need to be drained. Plus, you know, stashing Izhak somewhere.  I don’t think that’s a job you leave for your pool boy!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, linger said:

I’m not going to argue this, because life is too short, but best I can tell, there are a decent enough fans of a Benson/Stabler relationship to make it worth the writers & show runners to go down that road. I thought the same for Scully/Mulder, Grissom/Sara, Carter/O’Neil and probably some others & was surprised at the vehemence of those who either insisted no relationship existed, or were disgusted that it did. 

Same. And for me, I wouldn't say I desperately need them to get together, but I have always enjoyed how Hargitay and Meloni work together and can feel their genuine affection for each other onscreen and will continue to enjoy their scenes whenever they cross over with each other. 

That said, I did always believe SVU heavily implied Stabler had a massive, massive thing for Olivia particularly around S7-S8ish and went back to his wife more as a good Catholic boy than because they still had a great marriage. So as for the last ninety seconds, I do think Wheatley wanted to mess with Angela and Stabler and I'm not totally convinced he's supposed to be a great truth teller (although I can't say I'd put money on it, lol), but the part about Stabler being a good God-fearing Catholic rang true to me. I'm more confused on the show implying Angela is in love with Stabler. She is? Since when? 

I enjoyed the episode on the whole. It was a small moment, but when tech girl showed Wheatley's wife the phone of Angela, the look on tech girl's face like "Man, these family dynamics are MESSED UP" was a bright spot for me. Also, the actor playing Wheatley's son did a good job confronted with what he did to Gina. 

• Love 8

Benson is a disease to this show. The episode was really good, actual police work throughout trying to get the meet recorded, the team having Bell's back (Stabler's "she has me and I have her" about the partnership/meet was more meaningful than Wheatley's lame Benson speech), everything. Then everything came to a halt in the name of Stabler really loving Benson all along? WTF? Kathy doesn't deserve this disrespect. But then again I never saw romantic chemistry between Benson/Stabler and his partnership with Bell isn't Benson/Stabler but they're working well together and just shows Meloni might just be an easy actor to click with. 

Stabler holding Bell back from Richie was rich coming from him, however, I liked how he firmly had her back. I liked Bell's confrontation with Richie, he's not cut out for this life. That's probably why Richard Sr. called out to the daughter everything will be okay when he was taken to the cell. Maybe we're suppose to think he said that to Richie already, but I wouldn't be surprised if the favoritism comes to ahead next week and Richard would throw his son to the wolves to get Diana out of it.

I think I finally know everyone on the main teams names! See what happens when the episode is mostly about the police trying to catch someone? 

• Love 4

I was wrong & disappointed about Gina possibly being alive hoping the informant guy would've prepped warned her. He's gone now too. So if the police got to Wheatley's house hours later is that enough time to drain, clean and refill the pool let alone dispose of body? They did arrest the henchmen though.

I get wanting to keep Benson in the picture for the shippers but she does not have to be part of the story/case. Maybe since it's the first year they want all the L & O audience they can get. An occassional interaction like lunch but they don't have to keep bringing her up.

Where did they get they evidence that Tamara ordered the hit on Stabler's wife again? That's still a twist to be turned.

• Love 2

I'm loving this show.  I think this episode was the first one where the announcer guy does the "and these are their stories" thing at the beginning.  The theme song has really grown on me too - it may be my favorite of them all.

I like to think I'm not a prude, but the opening scene with Wheatley and his wife was a bit much.  (clutches pearls)

I wonder if the swat guys will get in trouble for abandoning the bust

I assume the tech girl is also a cop too?  I like her style, she jumped right in without hesitation.

Can someone remind me who the other team of bad guys were?  Not the security team, the team that rolled up in the 3 SUV's and went into the warehouse and then Wheately fired?  

• Love 6
(edited)

What gets me is they talked about how much of  pro and bad a Bekhar was and he didn't see it coming?  Or get off a gun draw or knife throw?   Wheatley said he had been in contact with the other guys for months....even supposedly before all these issues, so if he was so good he had no clue? Also in that community  (I am assuming people who do a certain type of work know other people who do it) no one would have hinted that Wheatley was shopping for different security? 

I will say this....Wheatley had a point about getting rid of him so he could not hold it against him....or end up blabbing to the Feds.   Look at all the enforcers who turned on the mob and started naming names about bodies that were dropped. 

I have no idea where they are going with the Angela and Stabler thing.   I actually wish they had not compromised her and given him a relationship, even if it will not last in the end due to OLIVIA.......

9 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm loving this show.  I think this episode was the first one where the announcer guy does the "and these are their stories" thing at the beginning.  The theme song has really grown on me too - it may be my favorite of them all.

I like to think I'm not a prude, but the opening scene with Wheatley and his wife was a bit much.  (clutches pearls)

I assume the tech girl is also a cop too?  I like her style, she jumped right in without hesitation.

Can someone remind me who the other team of bad guys were?  Not the security team, the team that rolled up in the 3 SUV's and went into the warehouse and then Wheately fired?  

The other mobsters that his father had been working with before his death.  One of them had been Gina's boyfriend before Ritchie.  He suggested the UC that was working with Stabler to Wheatley  and they were all supposed to do a deal.  I got busy and missed the very beginning and parts of the middle, but I am pretty sure that is who you are referring to. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

What gets me is they talked about how much of  pro and bad a Bekhar was and he didn't see it coming?  Or get off a gun draw or knife throw?   Wheatley said he had been in contact with the other guys for months....even supposedly before all these issues, so if he was so good he had no clue? Also in that community  (I am assuming people who do a certain type of work know other people who do it) no one would have hinted that Wheatley was shopping for different security? 

I will say this....Wheatley had a point about getting rid of him so he could not hold it against him....or end up blabbing to the Feds.   Look at all the enforcers who turned on the mob and started naming names about bodies that were dropped. 

I have no idea where they are going with the Angela and Stabler thing.   I actually wish they had not compromised her and given him a relationship, even if it will not last in the end due to OLIVIA.......

The other mobsters that got his father had been working with before his death.  One of them had been Gina's boyfriend before Ritchie.  He suggested the UC that was working with Stabler to Wheatley  and they were all supposed to do a deal.  I got busy and missed the very beginning and parts of the middle, but I am pretty sure that is who you are referring to. 

wondering if you just heard me say "ooooohhhhhhh, that's right"  cuz I said it really loud  LOL  I couldn't place them from outside the "club"  Thank you.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The SWAT refusal/lawsuit will be an on going issue for a while or til season end. All they have to do is find and release video and they could shut a lot of that down. The sgt's wife should've discretely filed the lawsuit and probably could've got a payout and those cops would at least had an incident in their file.

Too much woke stuff is dragging this and other shows down. A mention or acknowledgement of current times is one thing but political informercial aint going to cut it. Yes there are cops that will beat you for looking at them funny or not complying or get the blue flu but the attack on the nephew was over played/done. 

I think Wheatly hired European henchmen/mercenaries posing as corporate security. I think Wheatly firing them will come back on them since they've been arrested because they took Marx/ his original henchmen out so they have leverage on that murder. They also have leverage on the entire family for Gina's murder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

It finally hit me where I saw that storyline before, Chuck Norris's best film Code of Silence where nobody would back him up.  As for the Captain and his ESU team, they had 6 other warrants to work, how would that have happened if they actually had to shoot at the first one is well TV.

On NYPD shows, and I assume real life,   just about all of those support and CSI folks are actually cops.  Where in US western state police forces they tend to be civilians. For a mob "family" there seems to be a lot of independent mercenary crews around ready for hire, how do they keep secrets. How was Bekher burned anyway? Another bug found by an independent contractor I guess

• Love 2

It is not clear to me if Wheatley suspected that Bekhar was working with the police, or if he killed him for the reason that he said, which was that he did not want him to be able to hold it over them that Ritchie had killed someone...

• Love 3

Beyond the Olivia thing, I am not sure if I am supposed to believe Wheatley or Angela regarding Kathy's death. Maybe we'll find out next week, but I am not sure why Wheatley WOULD have bothered to make a huge point of ensuring Stabler suffered in witnessing Kathy's death, since it's not like he was holding a grudge about Rafiq's death. Was that actually Angela, or does Wheatley have a separate grudge against Stabler for some reason that led to all of this?

• Love 3
(edited)

This show is so ridiculous at times, but I am pretty entertained and liking it. I hope they ditch the full season storyline format next season and just have different plots in each episode.

Edited by TM101
  • Love 5

Every time Wheatley said "hot mess," I flashed back to Buster and Lucille Bluth shouting it at each other.  He really is coming across with a surprising amount of camp.

Now the squad's two confidential informants have both been discovered, I wonder if anything is going to happen about the suggestion earlier in the season that there might have been a mole among the squad?  Or maybe that was resolved and I missed it.  Chekov's gun means something should probably come of it, but perhaps not.  Maybe it was just meant to put us "on edge."

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, TM101 said:

This show is so ridiculous at times, but I am pretty entertained and liking it. I hope they ditch the full season storyline format next season and just have different plots in each episode.

Too late they already said it will be either 3  six or eight episode arcs focusing on the same story.....I agree with you, but in reality I think realistically it would be harder to solve Organized Crime cases in one episode....

• Love 9
(edited)

Pretty much in agreement with those who thought this was a good epi until the very end.  This is why we can't have nice things show though this epi did well in the ratings.  Richard is a hot mess but that was campy.  

I knew Richie would crack since he looked like he wanted to cry when they got busted in the subway.  I also agree that Richard would sell out Richie in a heart beat to save Diana.  I did like the take down and how everyone played their parts and got it done.

I also thought the opening scene with Stabler and Richard doing their morning routines was some sort of, let's titillate the audience except I thought it was funny so I'm not sure that's what they were going for.

I'm also wondering if we're ever going to really know who ordered Kathy's hit.  I also want to know how they found Gina.  Agree that Bell's wife could have filed her lawsuit in a more quiet way but you know, drama.  I'm also wondering if Angela will survive.

I do hope this is wrapped next week.  I have no problem with extended storylines like this but you don't need a cartoon villain.  As much as I like Dylan McDermott his Richard was over the top and not in a good way.  Sometimes it was funny but most of the time it was just annoying like he needed to be reigned in.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

I do hope this is wrapped next week.  I have no problem with extended storylines like this but you don't need a cartoon villain.  As much as I like Dylan McDermott his Richard was over the top and not in a good way.  Sometimes it was funny but most of the time it was just annoying like he needed to be reigned in.

I love Dylan McDermott and was so glad he would have a recurring role this season.  BUT, he is over the top in a cartoon villain way, like you said.  But I still like to watch him.

• Love 3

This was a really good episode for 98% of the run, with lots of suspense, solid policework, better use of the supporting characters, and real forward motion with the ongoing story...and then that stupid ass speech about how Stabler is totally in love with his "soulmate" Olivia. Oh please, this is just getting embarrassing, why does Olivia need to be such a big part of this show? I guess its just to pander to the shippers, but I just do not buy Olivia and Stabler as this great love story and that he has always been in love with her. I know that they had a really intense connection, and could even buy that they had something of an emotional affair, but if she was his "one true love" you would think he wouldn't have ghosted her for a decade after leaving without so much as a text. Poor Kathy, always the bridesmaid even to her own husband after her death. Its possible of course that Wheatley has no idea about Olivia and that was just a cold read on Stabler, which would actually be pretty great. Stabler just has that "repressed Catholic in denial about his passions" vibe.  

The operation where they caught Wheatley and his cronies was really good, it was great seeing the whole team playing a part, especially the tech girl driving up in her scooter and giving the undercover cop a hotdog/recording device, and Bell confronting Richie about Gina was really well acted by everyone. This show would just be so much better if it limited its connection more from SVU and St. Olivia. 

• Love 9

I guess I'm in the minority but the last scene didn't bother me at all. I didn't take it as pandering to shippers or trying to write E/O has a great love story. I took it as Richard trying to screw with his ex-wife, who's suddenly in love with Elliot after one kiss, and to screw with Elliot by making a veiled threat against someone he cares about. Because, other than his kids, who else being threatened would bother Elliot that much? And it has nothing to do with romance or romantic feelings or anything like that. He would've reacted the same way 15 years ago when he was happily married. And who really wants to see even more of his kids?

I love Elliot and Olivia as partners in the same way I loved Maddie and David. Because of that, I've always been very leery of a relationship between them because o f what happened when they hooked Maddie and David up. It ruined the relationship and the show for me. I also don't hate Olivia because I stopped watching SVU the day CM left and haven't seen a single episode in 10 years until Return of the Prodigal Son. There are things I notice about her now that bug me that weren't there back when I watched (the whispering, the moving-mouth-with-no-words-coming-out before she speaks), but I still love watching CM and MH together. And after 10 years, I'll take them together any way I can get them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The BJ scene was so badly done.   It didn't look real.  One might say, hard to swallow.  Besides, I thought performing that particular sex act would have ended as soon as they married.

At least he kissed her afterward.  And said Thank You!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I guess I'm in the minority but the last scene didn't bother me at all. I didn't take it as pandering to shippers or trying to write E/O has a great love story. I took it as Richard trying to screw with his ex-wife, who's suddenly in love with Elliot after one kiss, and to screw with Elliot by making a veiled threat against someone he cares about.

I get why he did it but I was still annoyed, lol.  He's been trying to play head games through this whole story arc.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Cristofle said:

That said, I did always believe SVU heavily implied Stabler had a massive, massive thing for Olivia particularly around S7-S8ish and went back to his wife more as a good Catholic boy than because they still had a great marriage. So as for the last ninety seconds, I do think Wheatley wanted to mess with Angela and Stabler and I'm not totally convinced he's supposed to be a great truth teller (although I can't say I'd put money on it, lol), but the part about Stabler being a good God-fearing Catholic rang true to me. I'm more confused on the show implying Angela is in love with Stabler. She is? Since when?

This is where I am with that. There were whole episodes of SVU dedicated to the fact that Benson and Stabler were "too close" even when Stabler was married. SVU was too chickenshit to pay off that relationship when they had Elliot sign the divorce papers that his wife begged Olivia to beg Elliot to sign, but then, just never had Kathy file them for...reasons. Anyway, I think Wheatley was trying to rattle his wife more than anything else (though probably putting a bug in Elliot's ear to call Olivia to warn her, since I don't believe Wheatley's a one-man operation). I'm more confused that Angela made out with Stabler once and is now in love with him. WHAT? Plus, this show has been consistently ignoring that Stabler straight up ghosted Olivia for TEN YEARS after he left and she happened upon him by accident at his wife's murder scene. Perhaps he's been holding a candle for her this whole time, but that little speech would have been a lot more believable in 2011 than today.

I will thank the show for the shirtless Elliot montage to start the episode - definitely grading on a curve after such a lovely opening. I feel less charitable about Wheatley's morning routine, though I'm impressed he'll open mouth kiss her after she's "done." Doesn't feel like his style.

I'm confused how they know how and where to find Gina's body. I was momentarily hopeful when I saw Charlotte Sullivan's guest starring credit after the commercials, but good on her for getting paid to be a dead body in this episode. I assume Bekkar must have called in Gina's murder to someone? Who wasn't Elliot even though that's his usual handler? Because matching a lipstick tube to a photo of Gina seems like a stretch, even if it did lead the dogs to the right body.

It felt off to me that Bekkar wouldn't immediately have had his hand on his weapon (even if he couldn't have gotten a shot off) with a bunch of random dudes coming in two entrances of his boss's house. Even if Richard didn't seem concerned, Bekkar should have been ready to drop them all if they were coming to harm the Wheatley's? Great death scene though - but I'm wondering how much the housekeeper gets paid to clean a pool full of blood like that?

The spy vs spy thing with the meet was the most fun part of the series so far. They were actually doing police work and for once, the OC team didn't get screwed. I was mildly horrified with all of those commuters on the subway. You've survived the pandemic this long, only to get caught up in the middle of a police raid? Damn! I was also questioning the emptiness of the subway platform where they were having the meeting - granted I don't live in NYC, but it seems to me the platform would never been that empty in the middle of the day?

Elliot made me laugh out loud when he had the audacity to say "WE" don't do that when Bell went after Richie in the cell. Please, Elliot - that's kinda your whole thing! Richie's blue suit also had me laughing. Everyone in that deal is wearing black, but there's Richie in a bright blue suit, trying to play tough guy. It didn't seem smart or effective to me that they would put all of the Wheatley family in adjacent cells since you'd think they'd be trying to flip them. But it wasn't surprising that Richie was calling out for his dad. He may have killed Gina, but he's no mobster.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

The BJ scene was so badly done.   It didn't look real.  One might say, hard to swallow.  Besides, I thought performing that particular sex act would have ended as soon as they married.

That little snot that killed Gina was always going to crack.  I just don't understand why Wheatley thought having his son kill her would change anything.  If anything, it puts more pressure on the kid to try and cut a deal.  The kid is a problem. 

As for who killed Kathy, in a perfect world it would be Benson, just so it will put an end to the "will they won't they" drama.

The tech girl looked like the Great Gazoo while wearing that helmet. 

The whole microphone in the hotdog bun thing was just ridiculous.  Get Smart level of ridiculous.  It stuck out like a sore thumb.  The "homeless woman" was just holding on to the bun, not even pretending to eat it.  Someone surely should have noticed that.  At what point will we see the "cone of silence"?

I loved the intention of the hot dog mic. I just wish she tried to nibble at it or something. Figured no one noticed because folks like Richard and his crew don't pay attention to homeless people. Lot of people don't. 

Not surprised at Richie crying. I predicted his sister was going to tell him not to talk without his lawyer. As if he wouldn't already know that. 

Gotta ask though, why would that act stop after marriage? I'd think it was the opposite but maybe I'm missing something. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Gotta ask though, why would that act stop after marriage? I'd think it was the opposite but maybe I'm missing something. 

Its a long standing cultural joke. I think I first heard an old Joan Rivers bit about the cultural change when the act would be the last frontier when she came up for the long married couple and not a step towards potential baby making acts.  That even if many start with that specific act first as a contraceptive method.  What is presumed to be the distasteful act that doesn't provide mutual pleasure thus the partner really didn't want to do it and now married and financially protected by family law will stop doing in it.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Someone commented earlier about DM in "LA to Vegas" and ever since when I see him in this show my mind takes me back to this: 

DM.JPG

A super villain he is NOT!

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That little snot that killed Gina was always going to crack.  I just don't understand why Wheatley thought having his son kill her would change anything.  If anything, it puts more pressure on the kid to try and cut a deal.  The kid is a problem. 

She should have studied Rhonda Lyon in the first episode of Empire.  If anything I would expect that Pilar understood her status as a replaceable trophy on an  uneven ledge.

I guess the hope was that the stories from his grandfather would have stuck. Bekhar seemed impressed with him making his bones

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

This is where I am with that. There were whole episodes of SVU dedicated to the fact that Benson and Stabler were "too close" even when Stabler was married. SVU was too chickenshit to pay off that relationship when they had Elliot sign the divorce papers that his wife begged Olivia to beg Elliot to sign, but then, just never had Kathy file them for...reasons. Anyway, I think Wheatley was trying to rattle his wife more than anything else (though probably putting a bug in Elliot's ear to call Olivia to warn her, since I don't believe Wheatley's a one-man operation). I'm more confused that Angela made out with Stabler once and is now in love with him. WHAT? Plus, this show has been consistently ignoring that Stabler straight up ghosted Olivia for TEN YEARS after he left and she happened upon him by accident at his wife's murder scene. Perhaps he's been holding a candle for her this whole time, but that little speech would have been a lot more believable in 2011 than today.

I will thank the show for the shirtless Elliot montage to start the episode - definitely grading on a curve after such a lovely opening. I feel less charitable about Wheatley's morning routine, though I'm impressed he'll open mouth kiss her after she's "done." Doesn't feel like his style.

I'm confused how they know how and where to find Gina's body. I was momentarily hopeful when I saw Charlotte Sullivan's guest starring credit after the commercials, but good on her for getting paid to be a dead body in this episode. I assume Bekkar must have called in Gina's murder to someone? Who wasn't Elliot even though that's his usual handler? Because matching a lipstick tube to a photo of Gina seems like a stretch, even if it did lead the dogs to the right body.

It felt off to me that Bekkar wouldn't immediately have had his hand on his weapon (even if he couldn't have gotten a shot off) with a bunch of random dudes coming in two entrances of his boss's house. Even if Richard didn't seem concerned, Bekkar should have been ready to drop them all if they were coming to harm the Wheatley's? Great death scene though - but I'm wondering how much the housekeeper gets paid to clean a pool full of blood like that?

The spy vs spy thing with the meet was the most fun part of the series so far. They were actually doing police work and for once, the OC team didn't get screwed. I was mildly horrified with all of those commuters on the subway. You've survived the pandemic this long, only to get caught up in the middle of a police raid? Damn! I was also questioning the emptiness of the subway platform where they were having the meeting - granted I don't live in NYC, but it seems to me the platform would never been that empty in the middle of the day?

Elliot made me laugh out loud when he had the audacity to say "WE" don't do that when Bell went after Richie in the cell. Please, Elliot - that's kinda your whole thing! Richie's blue suit also had me laughing. Everyone in that deal is wearing black, but there's Richie in a bright blue suit, trying to play tough guy. It didn't seem smart or effective to me that they would put all of the Wheatley family in adjacent cells since you'd think they'd be trying to flip them. But it wasn't surprising that Richie was calling out for his dad. He may have killed Gina, but he's no mobster.

I couldn't figure that out either, but then I started thinking that maybe her lipstick was some type of transmitter that she had activated? 

• Love 2

Richie seems so out of place to be an associate for a mafia family.  He doesn't seem to have street smarts- he didn't even have suspicions about Gina.  He doesn't have what it takes to be in the muscle part of the family, even though he just whacked Gina.  Remember that Gina took the gun away from Richie, in what about to become a very embarrassing situation.

And I don't think he could stand up to tough interrogation by LE. Bell just mentioned Gina's name and Richie was about to cry like a baby.  He needed a pep talk from his sister to stay quiet.  Imagine if and when LE  tells Richie that he's actually under arrest for the murder of Gina?  With the hit man and Gina gone, it will be hard to pin this murder on Richie. 

Angela will try to convince Richie to flip on dad because Richie is too soft to serve time.  I agree that he's too soft.  OTOH, Angela flipped when she could have beaten her charges.  That would have been a tough case to prove, unless Richard really has those incriminating tapes of Angela.

• Love 3
On 5/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Use this:

puke.JPG

• Love 1
16 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:

At least he kissed her afterward.  And said Thank You!

That sloppy open mouth kiss right afterward was very strange.  It was probably written by Wolf to show that Wheatley is a narcissistic egomaniac who takes loving himself to another level.  And in a way, that way of thinking led to his downfall. 

• LOL 2

This was best episode of the season so far. Hopefully, we get more episodes like this, with police work and using the entire unit, in season 2. I do wish they would have left off Stabler's love life for the first season. He just lost his wife. He hasn't seen Benson for a decade. Hasn't bothered to call. It's too much too soon to try and make them a thing. I assume the Angela thing won't go anywhere, but the fact that she's already in love with him is just ridiculous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

This was best episode of the season so far. Hopefully, we get more episodes like this, with police work and using the entire unit, in season 2. I do wish they would have left off Stabler's love life for the first season. He just lost his wife. He hasn't seen Benson for a decade. Hasn't bothered to call. It's too much too soon to try and make them a thing. I assume the Angela thing won't go anywhere, but the fact that she's already in love with him is just ridiculous.

When "Eugene" asked his do you love him follow up it more than caught me by surprise. More so than the sudden execution of Bekher or any of the "Law & Order twist" that came in the series.

• Love 2