Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Everybody Takes A Beating Sometime

• Start Topic

So who is it?  Angela has a yet to be identified love interest! She was on the phone with someone talking about an expensive liquor when Richard was lurking in her apartment!   I think this was a plan to bring him down so she could take over.....it didn't start that way but she saw her opportunity. 

My only guess now that Bekhar is gone is that she and the new wife are involved and have been plotting together??   

Who else could it be? 

• LOL 1
26 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

So who is it?  Angela has a yet to be identified love interest! She was on the phone with someone talking about an expensive liquor when Richard was lurking in her apartment!   I think this was a plan to bring him down so she could take over.....it didn't start that way but she saw her opportunity. 

My only guess now that Bekhar is gone is that she and the new wife are involved and have been plotting together??   

Who else could it be? 

Honestly, I would be so into that. Sloot's face after she turns her phone so the new wife can see that she's FTing with Angela made me laugh so hard (more moments like that please!), but yes, let's have all the women (plus Stabler because he's pretty) taking down this tiresome man.

(edited)

Things that I like in this episode - Richard and his minions are behind bars, hopefully they won’t get away due to technicalities etc. And Sloot + Diego + Freddie finally make useful contributions to the team and the show, they’re always in the background.

Things that I don’t understand - How they track and locate Gina’s body, her mobile’s last ping or Richie’s? It couldn’t be info from Izak because he hasn’t made any contact with Elliot. Gina’s boyfriend the club owner, is he being arrested for his illegal dealings based on intel gathered by Gina, or only because of his association with Richard? Gina’s UC can actually kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Things that don’t make sense - a directional mic in a sausage bun, not believable! The UC is obviously staring at the group and she isn’t eating the “bun” at all, not even licking it. Any sharp eyes security personnel will notice that. Izak’s body in the pool can be taken care of in such a short period of time? Angela is now in loveeeeeeeee with Elliot?

Thing that I hate the most - Richard’s mind game, implying that St Olivia is Elliot’s one true love. Really show? Someone whom he ghosted for a decade? Why are you so desperate to make them a thing hence that cheesy line? Olivia is just like haemorrhoid, she won’t go away from OC, always lingering, ughhh! 😤

RIP Gina, please come back and haunt Richard and Richie in their cells ala AHS! 👻

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

I think the majority of the audience minus this board want Stabler and benson  together.  There I said it.

I don't know about "most". I remember WWII movies used to have a scene about 2/3rds of the way through with one soldier flashing back to a time with his wife, often the only female in the movie The only reason to add that was to broaden the audience base. The little bit of emotion so both sides of a family will go. Diversification

With cop shows you have the same thing.  A little romance to diversify an audience but with around 50 seasons of content the Law & Order franchise rarely went into the relationships of the characters  and it is far from the main draw, just an additional feature for those who want more than cops, robbers and lawyers. The hope is that it will bring in more eyeballs than it will drive away.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, icemiser69 said:

The BJ scene was so badly done.   It didn't look real.  One might say, hard to swallow.  Besides, I thought performing that particular sex act would have ended as soon as they married.

That little snot that killed Gina was always going to crack.  I just don't understand why Wheatley thought having his son kill her would change anything.  If anything, it puts more pressure on the kid to try and cut a deal.  The kid is a problem. 

As for who killed Kathy, in a perfect world it would be Benson, just so it will put an end to the "will they won't they" drama.

The tech girl looked like the Great Gazoo while wearing that helmet. 

The whole microphone in the hotdog bun thing was just ridiculous.  Get Smart level of ridiculous.  It stuck out like a sore thumb.  The "homeless woman" was just holding on to the bun, not even pretending to eat it.  Someone surely should have noticed that.  At what point will we see the "cone of silence"?

Dagnabbit, icemiser69, after Stabler's shirtless workout routine, I kind of glazed over when Wheatley popped up on my screen, and thus was blissfully unaware of what just happened when Wife No. 2's head popped up for the a.m. kiss.  I had to rewatch the beginning to see what y'all were talking about.  At least the Peacock Channel saved us from seeing Pilar's head bobbing up and down with that mass of curls.

I guess that got Richard's little richard off to a good start but, alas, the next hummer he gets will be from one of his prison pals.  Oh, the humanity!

• Love 1
(edited)

Why didn't Izak try a little harder to get Richie to go to the car and save Gina? Surely he must have known that saving the life of an undercover agent would be a big plus when it came time to avoid a prison sentence.

Worst case scenario, he should have knocked Richie out if he refused to go back to the car and saved her. It would only have blown his cover to Richie and the cops could have kept the kid isolated so his father wouldn't know what happened.

But why did Izak even interfere in the first place, when she had the gun on Richie? He could have just stayed out of it entirely and told Daddy something like "the damn traffic kept me from getting to Richie on time, boss. By the time I got there, they were gone."

Edited by Wizardpatch
14 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I think the majority of the audience minus this board want Stabler and benson  together.  There I said it.

I completely agree with that.  OTOH, the trend on L&O these days seems to be that white cast members don't have white partners.  Stabler + Angela, Benson + Garland, Carisi + Garland's estranged wife?

(edited)

It always amuses me when people think that the majority are always the people who are vocal.  My guess is of the millions who watch these shows, only a small percentage comment on social media, etc. and most really don't care one way or the other.   

I have many friends that are just as devoted to Law and Order as I am, including my dad, who have never given one thought to Benson and Stabler. 

In fact, my dad thinks that fans should not try to tell creators what to create...

Edited by catrice2

I think Olivia is popular as a character outside this board and most of the audience is probably just fine seeing her, but I couldn't say how the majority of the audience views "shipping" the two of them, since they were never exactly written like Mulder and Scully on SVU (although I do think it was heavily implied they were having an emotional affair at one point). My mom watches SVU sometimes and she mostly just likes to watch Olivia confront bad guys. 

Just a gentle reminder that everyone is allowed an opinion; there is no wrong or right. I think everyone has said their peace about Benson/Stabler. So let's re-focus and concentrate on this episode as a whole. Thanks.

I enjoyed the episode. Honestly, I not so lowkey want Richard to get out of this somehow. That would be reality. The good guys don't always win. Richard goes free and then ends up dead in a ditch. Dana and Angela take over the family biz. Little Ritchie who? He is worthless. 

• Love 3

I stream the show online at CityTV.com and the name of the episode there is "Everybody Takes a Breathing Sometime" and it cracks me up. What also cracks me up is Dylan McDermott chewing the hell out of the scenery. Hopefully they have better plots planned in the future because even if it's pandering, I will watch Meloni do shirtless pushups any time that's on my screen - I'd just like to have another reason to watch.

• Love 3

The original L&O (the mothership) was created by Wolf at a time when there was a very weak syndication market for one hour dramas. It was intended that it could be split into two half hour shows when it was sold into syndication. It is also a reason why there was almost no back story or "human interest" for the original as it also made it theoretically easier to sell to the syndication market. Wolf also had a fairly ruthless attitude towards actors and was more willing than other shows to replace people as necessary.

The later shows really have come full circle in terms of being serialized as well as having back stories for most of the leads.

Small point but one of the police who discovered Gina's body said that she left bread crumbs which presumably meant that in some way they were able to track her when it became clear that her not calling in was serious. I don't know what the bread crumbs were though as they didn't make that explicit. 

• Useful 4
On 5/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Raja said:

When "Eugene" asked his do you love him follow up it more than caught me by surprise. More so than the sudden execution of Bekher or any of the "Law & Order twist" that came in the series.

His reaction made me think they were dating or have dated.  He looked crushed.  Also, when they were talking about maybe her plea, he said to her something like "I'll take care of you" or "I got you", then she signed the paper and he looked crushed again.  

15 hours ago, amarante said:

I don't know what the bread crumbs were though as they didn't make that explicit.

They found a tube of lipstick, compared it the lipstick she was wearing in a picture they had of her, decided that "this is the place" and that's where they started digging and found her body. Presumably, she left other little things behind.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, illdoc said:

They found a tube of lipstick, compared it the lipstick she was wearing in a picture they had of her, decided that "this is the place" and that's where they started digging and found her body. Presumably, she left other little things behind.

I saw they picked up something at the end - didn't know exactly what it was. But how exactly did they know she was located in that desolate area to even search for a buried body. In my experience - which is limited to true crime shows :-) - bodies buried in desolate locations turn up fortuitously when a dog starts sniffing.

There was verbal mention of making sure her phone was turned off but I didn't see that happening in the car.

For some reason, I thought some of the deep undercover agents had GPS tracker chips inserted  - of course now all they need is a COVID vaccine and the police can have Bill Gates locate the undercover person LOL

Edited by amarante
  • Love 1

Curious about the bread crumbs too. He all but telegraphed in the car something was wrong or that he was going to kill her. She should have aborted some way then. Also, I would have tried to scratch him or something to get his DNA and identify my killer.  

Interesting that Angela wanted to Richard and not her kids...

• Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, mtlchick said:

Shirtless Stabler doing knuckle push ups? Wheatley gets an, um, early riser?

I did NOT need to see Crazy Wheatley's pre-breakfast O-face. That is all.

• Love 2
On 5/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, Raja said:

Its a long standing cultural joke. I think I first heard an old Joan Rivers bit about the cultural change when the act would be the last frontier when she came up for the long married couple and not a step towards potential baby making acts.  That even if many start with that specific act first as a contraceptive method.  What is presumed to be the distasteful act that doesn't provide mutual pleasure thus the partner really didn't want to do it and now married and financially protected by family law will stop doing in it.

Ah OK, never heard that joke. I'm used to thinking about it the opposite way - so personal and intimate that you'd only want to do it with someone you're really connected to. But I think I get it - especially knowing it was a Joan Rivers bit lol. 

One thing about the subway chase bugged: Wheatley is a hood who likes to portray himself as a regular businessman. After entering the subway, he held two people at gunpoint briefly, then slugged Stabler. Even if nothing else sticks, Wheatley now has two counts of Kidnapping and one count of Assaulting a Police Officer. Those two things alone would put him away for years.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 2