Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16-17 Tell All: Parts 1 and 2

• Start Topic

I was just jobsmacked (I can't think of an American word that conveys being horrified-aghast-with-jaw-dropping mortification) at the changes in Myrka's mother and Ethan's mother. I literally couldn't listen to the teenagers because of how these 2 women looked. BACK AWAY FROM ATTEMPTING TO LOOK LIKE FACETUNE IN REAL LIFE, LADIES. Hoooooooolllllly crap.

Thanks, I feel better for having gotten that out of my system. Anyone else watch?

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I was just jobsmacked (I can't think of an American word that conveys being horrified-aghast-with-jaw-dropping mortification) at the changes in Myrka's mother and Ethan's mother. I literally couldn't listen to the teenagers because of how these 2 women looked. BACK AWAY FROM ATTEMPTING TO LOOK LIKE FACETUNE IN REAL LIFE, LADIES. Hoooooooolllllly crap.

Thanks, I feel better for having gotten that out of my system. Anyone else watch?

*Gobsmacked - you were very close 😉
Yeah, I don't know what the hell those two were thinking. Then again, I don't know what the hell any of these fools were thinking. 

• Love 4

Was it Tyra's sister who is pregnant AGAIN??  And her mom seems happy about it??  JFC - these people are never going to break that cycle.  I can't imagine embracing that kind of life.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I was so verklempt that I mistyped!!  I don't know why I expected better from the moms.... I mean, they did raise these kids. Oy.

It's a great word, though!!!! It sounds like "when you suddenly realize you'll be in a job you hate the rest of your life." I liked it!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

*Gobsmacked - you were very close 😉
Yeah, I don't know what the hell those two were thinking. Then again, I don't know what the hell any of these fools were thinking. 

I think they intentionally replaced the 'g' with a 'j' to get the jaw part in there ("jaw dropping modification").

My DVR was at 100% full yesterday and I saw that I had Part 1. Did they air them on consecutive nights? I deletd stuff but may have missed out on recording Part 2. From the small number of comments, it doesn't seem like it was much, but then this show hasn't generated the convo that it once had. Perhaps they'll put the show out to pasture.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Chellichik said:

Was it Tyra's sister who is pregnant AGAIN??  And her mom seems happy about it??  JFC - these people are never going to break that cycle.  I can't imagine embracing that kind of life.

Yes, Tierra is pregnant (unless she already gave birth).

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 9:08 AM, readheaded said:

Yes, Tierra is pregnant (unless she already gave birth).

Oh no. Tierra, miss I have all the answers and can point out everyone else’s faults and set them straight. She really is an idiot.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think they intentionally replaced the 'g' with a 'j' to get the jaw part in there ("jaw dropping modification").

My DVR was at 100% full yesterday and I saw that I had Part 1. Did they air them on consecutive nights? I deletd stuff but may have missed out on recording Part 2. From the small number of comments, it doesn't seem like it was much, but then this show hasn't generated the convo that it once had. Perhaps they'll put the show out to pasture.

Part Two is next week.

I was actually quite touched by the scene of Myrka's family all crying and hugging each other.  Its sad when families break apart due to anger and blame. I hope they will find a way to work through the issues and have a happy family after that. I thought it was interesting that Myrka's mother finally apologized for how she treated her, and also that Ethan's parents seemed to be realizing the intense emotional pain their son was experiencing from all of this family conflict.  I think this Tell All may actually end up being helpful for this family in the long run. 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 7
(edited)

This tell all really left me disappointed in the producers and editors of this show.  We had so much time in this season devoted to nonsense and yet I am left confused about what happened with Myrka and Ethan's parents.  Did they explicitly promise her a roof over her head and college tuition if she had the baby?  Or did she just believe they promised her what she wanted to hear?  

Why exactly did Ethan's mom throw all of them out of the house (and no I don't for a second believe it was due to a teenager mishandling a phone call.)  I understand that she doesn't want to air the family's dirty laundry publicly, but being on this show wasn't a great choice if she'd like to maintain her privacy.  What is the family's financial situation, and why on earth would they throw an expensive baby shower for a pregnant unwed teenager if they had financial difficulties?

I am seriously left questioning whether Myrka is a spoiled teenager who expected way to much from Ethan's parents who generously provided her with a roof over her and her child's head, or if Ethan's parents were manipulative in promising a vulnerable pregnant teenager who had no support system the world so she'd choose not to have an abortion or place her baby up for adoption.  Surely we could have cut some of Lilly and her boyfriend demonstrating that together they don't have the IQ of room temperature in order to address exactly what was happening with Myrka's family.  It was fascinating from the beginning, since so few of the parents put their foot down and make it clear upfront that they do not support their child choosing to become a teen mom since it is such a difficult path. 

Edited by kitkat343
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I never have felt like Myrka was spoiled. She was taking care of younger brother most of his life it seems, and mom obviously works a lot.  I think she and Ethan did what most Young "in love" teens do and became pregnant and Ethan's parents gave them the choice of having the baby and living in their home.  What happened after that is unknown but I didn't feel like Myrka ever wanted to have an abortion.  Myrna may have been naive, self-involved and rather ignorant (which is perfectly normal teenage behavior) but with her mom I doubt she was spoiled.

• Love 5

Looking back - and liking Jenna a lot now - I think they purposely edited her to look like a ditz in the first episode or two. Turns out she's far more mature than either of her parents. I wish she'd be okay with having 2 different family celebrations for everything. I think in the long run it will be less stressful for her, and it would be the same if her parents lived in different states, anyway. 

• Love 1

I think Aidan's misinformation -- that males ovulate, too, and that a female can only get pregnant if she and the male are ovulating at the same time -- is a REALLY good argument for sex education in schools. 

• Love 8

Yes. I  still have some unanswered questions: 

Where is Myrka’s dad?

What do Ethan’s parents do for a living, if they’re able to make grand promises to Myrka?

Why did Charlie and Michelle break up?

Why such hard feelings between Jenna’s parents? 

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, zenme said:

Why such hard feelings between Jenna’s parents? 

I am only guessing here, but throughout the entire season, I got a controlling dick vibe from Jenna's father. I know he totally caves when it comes to Jenna, but that's daddy's little girl. I can totally see him being a dismissive know it all and mansplaining everything to the ex-wife during their marriage and treating her as if she's a turnip.

Ex-wife doesn't appear to be a prize but he may have driven her so crazy during the marriage that she takes pleasure in needling him just to piss him off. He shows off his manhood by telling her that she is not allowed to enter his driveway: she pulls up and comes a tiny bit into the driveway to piss him off... that kind of thing.

I could be reading this all wrong but the look on the new wife's face throughout the season when they were on the couch talking was of a woman that knows her place.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 8

The only thing I have noticed about Jenna’s dad is the new wife simply has nothing to say about anything.  She has figured out that this guy can be dangerous when crossed and so she follows him meekly and wordlessly when he gets mad.  I am not so sure anyone is safe with this guy.

• Love 3

Jenna was dealt a bad hand in the parent department.  Fortunately for her, she seems to have the guts to tell them all to go to hell and the desire to be a good parent to both her baby and goofball boyfriend, who is working to support his family.  I can't blame Heather for wanting to kick her ex-husband's ass every time she sees him, even without knowing all the details.  I don't even know him and I want to kick his ass.  He is the gold standard for abusive exes everywhere.

Lily has a dangerous situation if she ever leaves her parent's home with Lawrence.  He dislikes her older child and will show that daily.  His open pouting and ass-showing on the tell-all is only controlled by his mother.    Lily is in for 18 years of hell.  

The Tara family will survive with multiple babies and various absentee fathers, as the girls continue to spread their wings.  Alex will continue to have temper tantrums like the man/baby he is and make more adorable children.  Grandma will have to continue to work at the fast food joint to support her unfortunate daughter and her fun-loving grandson and take care of their babies after work.  

Myrka, who had sex with Ethan after a week (two weeks?) of knowing him, will have more babies, but maybe not with Ethan.  She is looking for love and acceptance from anyone.  Ethan's parents clearly had infidelity somewhere in their relationship and their perfect support system collapsed.  We all know that what follows is financial collapse and a broken family, even if they somehow get back together.  It looks as if Charley likes Michelle's new look.  Ethan continues to look clueless.  

The show should fill us with hope and admiration for the teenagers who fight to have their babies, but instead highlights the level of dysfunction in their families and the utter hopelessness of their situations.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Lawrence I am pretty sure plenty of pregnancy ARE planned! My best friend planned her’s. Including adding short term insurance 3 months before she started trying. So she would be covered. People plan things, idiot. Also he scares me!

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Lawrence 's eyes scare me. Lilly is obviously a dingbat. If I were her parents, I would not allow Lilly and her children to move out with Lawrence. 

Agreed. And yet I cracked up at how everyone was laughing at his "tough-boy" face. I know it's not funny; he seems deeply unwell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

The show should fill us with hope and admiration for the teenagers who fight to have their babies,

Why? All but Jenna were the product of teen parents, and they are now teen parents themselves. I’d find a glimmer of hope and more admiration if the teen parents gave up their babies for adoption. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I was already irked at Lawrence making such a huge deal about asking permission to marry Lilly because she's not a possession, and now he's going on about how it's never acceptable to disrespect a woman.  Why not?  Personally, I think that nobody should be disrespected regardless of sex, but if disrespecting anyone is acceptable, why are women exempt?

(edited)
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was already irked at Lawrence making such a huge deal about asking permission to marry Lilly because she's not a possession, and now he's going on about how it's never acceptable to disrespect a woman.  Why not?  Personally, I think that nobody should be disrespected regardless of sex, but if disrespecting anyone is acceptable, why are women exempt?

Lawrence comes across as one of those people who says stuff like that entirely for the purpose of making himself look good. I will never forget Lily in the car-- after having gone through a pregnancy before-- was simply explaining to him how painful childbirth is and he put her down the whole time telling her it's only painful because she believes it is. Disrespectful douche. 

He reminds me of some people in the millennial and Z generations that form opinions-- which they view as fact-- based on what they "feel like."

The examples on Judge Judy alone are too numerous to count:

Defendant: "I was giving her the money back but I just feel like I shouldn't have to give her any more money because she slept with my boyfriend." 

JJ: "I'm telling you what the law is..."

Defendant: "But I just feel like I don't owe her anything."

JJ: "I don't give rat's behind what you feel. I'm telling you what the law is..."

::insert attitude face and eye roll from defendant::

When the host was asking Lilly's mom and later her step father how Lawrence was doing, it looked to me like they were doing everything possible to not say what they really feel because he's explosive.

Will admit that I hated Jenna with a passion during the first few episodes, but she totally grew on me. They did her dirty with the early edits. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 7

It made me so sad to hear that Lily was so verbally beaten down by Lawrence that she agreed to have her little baby circumcised. And she was right after all - the poor baby had a botched procedure and will likely have to have corrective surgery performed later to correct it. 😢 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DaynaPhile said:

Thank goodness Julie explained her baby’s name because we never would have known it’s HEAVEN SPELLED BACKWARDS!!

Oh, my, how incredibly original!!!

• LOL 2

This Tell-All show (i've only watched the first) should be played in EVERY high school in America; as WHAT NOT TO DO IN YOUR LIFE..  The parents, the kids.  what a mess.  I thank God I had good parents (they raised us right and did their best).  Just horrible.. looking at all of these dimwits. This is the future.  Makes me sick.

• Love 1

Well, I noticed that shit-for-brains Jason didn't make a closing statement after all.  Guess he got a little skeered that Lawrence was gonna knock him into next week??  Or did he just freeze up?  What a MORON.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1