Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Real Life Starts Now (Decision Day)

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m deep into the wine tonight, but why the hell not?

All of these people suck...none will make it long term. 

I’ll make a pitcher of sangria...the kind they serve at the tapas place Viv works on weekends...

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I hope they brought cheesecake for all of us. Depending on the flavor (it looked like a NY original) it would go with the delicious Lemon Drop that @humbleopinion made for me. 

Yes this is so boring and predictable that I’d rather talk about food. I will stop Mods. I understand the rules. 
I also agree that Erik should have gotten VA a nicer ring. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope they brought cheesecake for all of us. Depending on the flavor (it looked like a NY original) it would go with the delicious Lemon Drop that @humbleopinion made for me. 

Yes this is so boring and predictable that I’d rather talk about food. I will stop Mods. I understand the rules. 
I also agree that Erik should have gotten VA a nicer ring. 

What was that?   Plastic ring?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

To me it looked like an orange (it could have been pink) plastic ring. No gems either real or fake. He just stated that he intends to get her a real Diamond later. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Brianna and Vincent:

Brianna has her special red spa robe on. Vinny has some godawful shirt-tie thing at his neck going on. 

Decision: Brianna, yes. Vincent, yes. "Have some cheesecake!" 

🎶 Don't go breakin' my heart!" "I couldn't if I tried!" 🎶

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

To me it looked like an orange (it could have been pink) plastic ring. No gems either real or fake. He just stated that he intends to get her a real Diamond later. 

Mister Pilotman...get her a CZ, the booze head won’t know the difference.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Geez, get her a CZ, the booze head won’t know the difference.

He got her the plastic ring because he knew if he got her a diamond one she would pawn that sucker when they get divorced.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Erik knows that Virginia wants what she wants, so that ring is saying, "I'll take you to pick out the real ring of your choice. But in case you had said 'No,'..."

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Dr Viviana’s dress is horrible!!

YES YES YES. She is a very attractive woman, but man that dress- the color, the style, the fit, PLUS the black hose combined did not flatter her at all. If I can continue, I would say Paige's dress and Briana's dress were pretty horrid as well.

• Love 14

Man, I have NOT missed seeing Chris and Paige on my TV screen.  Their scene really brought my blood pressure up.  So sick to watch him lie and manipulate her with such ease.  After all he put her through, after how for the past 8 weeks he showed her with his actions how little he cares for her, all he had to do was show up on decision day and recite a few platitudes to make her light up.  He offered her a tiny bit of hope and that was all it took to rope her right back in under his control.  It was revolting to watch how easily he did it.  Good for Dr. Viv for speaking up.

And Pastor Cal should STFU with his equivocating bullshit.  "They've both pulled each other back and forth so many times..."  No, dude.  That's not what happened at all.  It was more like Chris pushing her away and then pulling her back in at will.  Like he was playing with a yo-yo.  Good riddance to Chris.  I sincerely hope Paige finds a backbone and some self-esteem.  She deserves so much better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Erik said Virginia lights up every room she walks into.  That is what they always say about the victims on Dateline.  Dun Dun Dun... Virginia goes drinking one night and does not return home.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

100% done with Paige. Where is her family??!! I imagine her friends told her to run after they met Chris at the wedding. Can’t decide if she’s A)Had a breakdown, B)Delusional, C)Gaslit,  D)Without any self-esteem whatsoever

E) All of the above

• Love 17

5) Eric-  He is controlling in some ways, but he has shown a willingness to compromise.  He is blinded by sex but I think he really likes VA. He should stop talking down to VA.  But I agree with him that passing out on your male friends' coaches is a nonstarter.  There is this thing called Uber. He says Yes. He is blinded by sex.

The downfall of many a fine man...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Let’s set up a Go Fund Me, we can all chip in and send Chris to a remote desert island with one bottle of water, a jar a peanut butter, and an aggressive dog who’s infested with fleas. 

No, I’m a dog lover. I couldn’t do that to the poor dog. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Tonight, I lost what little respect I had for Pastor Cal. I agree with Dr. Viv.  Chris was trying to manipulate Paige and make the experts look like fools. At the end of the day, the decision is theirs, however, Chris is a grade A arsehole and Paige needs constant adult supervision.

I don’t believe the couples that decided to stay together are going to make it.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Erik’s parents were watching the show.  I would bet good money that if they are still together, it won’t be for long.   

• Love 12

It just started here and just seeing those first few minutes with Paige and Chris made me realize how glad I have been that I have not had to see them lately. I am just as disgusted at Paige and her constant second guessing her decision as I am with him.

NOT a fan with the black hose with Viv's dress. Bumble bee?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please tell me this is ending in 4 minutes. That I won’t have to see Chris again next week. 

Looks like he has another meltdown next week. So be it eh 🙄

• Love 2
1 hour ago, endure said:

Paige & Chris both make me sick.

Me, too.  I was audibly rooting for them to decide to stay married just because I think they deserve each other. 

1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

YES YES YES. She is a very attractive woman, but man that dress- the color, the style, the fit, PLUS the black hose combined did not flatter her at all.

You left out shiny, which also didn't help, but it's a feature that shouldn't be overlooked.  All that AND she had to tug at it when she was sitting.  I think there is literally not a single not-gross thing about that dress. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Tonight, I lost what little respect I had for Pastor Cal. I agree with Dr. Viv. 

Pastor Cal had reservations when one of the others suggested that they match Chris and Paige. Chris is terrible. And also a human who absolutely cares about how bad he came off on this show. Tonight, I thought Pastor Cal was trying to appeal to Chris to do the right thing and walk away from Paige. I thought he was trying to convince Chris that there was a way to make walking away serve the redemption arc Chris was trying to create. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I was hoping Pastor Cal would bring up the conversation with Chris where he says he thought she wasn't attractive, and that he would be married to a beautiful woman.   They should have played the tape for Paige.   She would get mad and not be second guessing her decision.

I said the same thing! That whole mess was excruciating to watch! I really wanted her to give him a swift kick in the nuts and a hard pass. This girl does not learn. And there have been some truly horrible grooms on this show but this guy takes the cake. Absolutely vile.

My favorite moments with Jake and Haley were when PC asked him what if she wanted to try and he said “well she already had 8 weeks to try, so.....” and then him walking out first and not holding the door for her. Talk about mutual loathing....I will not miss them.

Vinny and Brianna were sweet, even though she could do better. Her words “I found my person” and “ Vinny means the world to me” are what Erik is looking for from Virginia. Instead, they both acknowledge that her friends are more important to her than him. Messed up. I do not see them making it long term.

Do we think Kevin will get Ryan to admit they have had sex on the reunion or that he has finally used the L word on Clara? I think the answer to both these questions is “for sure” 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Anyone else joining me and Mindthinkr?

Using Meyer lemons from my yard...

I’m late to the party but hell yes!!! I’m going Virginia style and I’d like an extra shot in mine if you don’t mind......

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I’m late to the party but hell yes!!! I’m going Virginia style and I’d like an extra shot in mine if you don’t mind......

Gin’s style is straight booze...no lemon.

Pouring 2 oz of vodka with an extra 2 oz of vodka for pie.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

She donated Jake's gift to her mom and then lost her shit when Jake called her out on it. She bitched about him eating eggs, even though everybody knows that is what he does. She spend all her time trying to get the rest of the couples to hate Jake, but it didnt work. She says No.

Most of this I agree. Sending the jewelry away was a slap in the face to Jake.  She can’t figure when guy gives jewelry he wants to see you wear it?  And the hugs thing. Her social sensibility is as deep as an onion peel.  I think it hurt Jake but I also believe he’s a better person than she is and escaped a miserable marriage.    So glad it’s over.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'll  be honest witch you, Chris belonged on "MAFS: The Unwatchables."

Yo 😄

9 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Pastor Cal had reservations when one of the others suggested that they match Chris and Paige. Chris is terrible. And also a human who absolutely cares about how bad he came off on this show. Tonight, I thought Pastor Cal was trying to appeal to Chris to do the right thing and walk away from Paige. I thought he was trying to convince Chris that there was a way to make walking away serve the redemption arc Chris was trying to create. 

I think that was what Pastor Cal was trying to do - unfortunately, he misread Chris, who was not trying to create a redemption arc, but was in fact trying to manipulate Paige and the rest of them and take control of the show.  Which he apparently did for about 6 hours before dumbass Paige finally said no.  Now he's got himself a spot on next week's show, where he can show his ass again and walk out on Kevin F.

When 50% of the show is devoted to two people who should have been kicked off the show a month ago - that's proof that all this show needs is an hour!

Haha on most of the outfits - I was wondering if Ryan and Clara had styled Cal and Viv? Clara's my favorite person from this season - I hope they end up happy together.

Vinnie calling Brianna "rude" - didn't he leave her the night before decision day with a comment along the lines of "Smell you later"?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Clara and Ryan (I'm  late to the episode):

Dr. Viv, nobody, that would include you, looks good in chartreuse.

Not sure Ryan knew what he was going to say right up to last minute.  Wonder if Clara will ever hear love word.  

Second on that chartreuse monstrosity. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't be surprised either.  She's full of shit just like he is.  They deserve each other.

I truly believe she thinks she’s the next Oprah— all ‘deep’ and philosophical & pop psych buzzword vomit BS. I choose ME! Aw, SO genuine (not)! She can take her breathy voice, self-important statements & God’s will fatalism off my screen forever now please!

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have no sympathy for Paige, does a brick need to fall on her head? Chris is a liar and you fall for all his lies.

I was hoping the frustrated sound people trying to capture their mumbling would drop an anvil on her head.  Ugh...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, endure said:

I'm glad you're back being single Haley but I doubt you will ever be happy.

I’d lay odds on Jake eventually finding an odd bird to marry who’ll appreciate his quirks — not sure Hayley will do the same. She’s mean, brittle & cold and patently dishonest — about her own  character flaws and everything else. Maybe she & Erik can date after he and Virginia divorce. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Briana’s dress is very Karen.

Vinny’s is busting outta his suit jacket, he’s sitting back like he’s 8 months pregnant...

Did he gain weight in his neck because his tie is riding up funny?

He called Bri rude...she should call him a man baby back....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9