Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: Real Life Starts Now (Decision Day)

• Start Topic

(edited)

The journey for the five couples who were married at first sight comes to a shocking and dramatic conclusion; some choose to stay together, others choose to divorce and refuses to decide.

Edited by humbleopinion

LOL - I wonder who refuses to decide - NOT! That is so phoney. I saw I in the latest TV guide that the following week is the Reunion - Part 1. So they must be dragging that out, too, but that one I will watch. Especially if Kevin Frazier gets to interview Chris!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I am watching the reruns of the entire season, and the one thing that has smacked me between the eyes struck me, is that POSChris is relying on his totally bullshit rapist interpretation of  the 'bible' to make him IN CHARGE OF PAIGE AND THE BABY MAMMA WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!!

All I see is a rat bastard who is trying to lock onto a 'sugar mommy' ( Paige) to fund BOTH his life and his baby momma's life. Paige is just stupid, or maybe patriarchal stupid; but stupid is as stupid does and since she does appear to have (at least) an average IQ, should be able to kick his nasty ass to the curb and start dealing in reality.

It was only two episodes in that I began to feel POSchris saw Paige as a meal ticket.....nothing else....he  wanted to fuck her and the baby momma and have Paige pay for everything. I bet he even tried to claim that once they were 'legally' married, he had the rights to ALL(Paige's) her money.

Any proof to the contrary?

MAFS PTB should rot in hell for this match.

Has Paige actually managed to divorce POSchris at this time? (5/12/21?) Proof?

I have the horrible feeling that, like mattbastard/amber of a previous season, Paige can't find his nasty ass long enough to have divorce papers served on him, let alone actually sign them/record them/ give her the fucking divorce. By WHAT fucking standard does she, stupid though she may have been, deserve this????????

AND

What, exactly, DOES MAFS PTBT guarantee about the divorce of the couples who don't choose each other on 'decision' day? Does MAFS just sit back and say, tough shit? Does MAFS  TPBT actually, PROACTIVELY work to make the divorces happen for the spouse who has been well and truly fucked over?

On the reunion episode some time ago with Kevin whomever, It didn't sound like Amber was getting any help AT ALL getting rid of homeless/undesireableMatt!

What EXACTLY does Lifetime do for the spouses who have been totally shit upon?

Suspicious minds want to know!

HEY!!!! Y'ALL - we want to know!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Best to Worst

1) Brianna- She might be a bit bossy, but she is the most normal one, with a great job and presence. She is in good shape and seems to be driven in life I think she is being kind putting up with Vincent's temper tantrums, unless those are purely production driven scenes. She probably will be the bread winner.  She says Yes.

2) Clara- I'm not saying I would date her, but she is genuine and nice.  Some might see her as over the top, but she owns who she is. She is not trying to pretend that she wants to save the world.  And she loves her some donuts. A really fun gal who I would hang out with sometimes.  I dont know if she is in to God. Doesnt seem like it. If Ryan is a fanatic it cause some problems.  Maybe he is not into God either. She says Yes.

3) Jake- Yah, some people think he is an 80's weirdo, but thats just who he is.  A different woman could tone him down and get him to wear cool sneakers. He will have no problem with slaying it out with women after they divorce. He has a good job and muscles. I could hang with the guy, maybe once a month. He says No.

4) Vincent- He is deeply insecure and if he doesnt get his weight together, it wont be good for him.  He lucked out with his wife.  She is so much better than him in so many ways. He is not going to be successful if he sleeps past 9AM. But I think he has a good heart and most likely production created some of the conflict for drama. He says Yes.

5) Eric-  He is controlling in some ways, but he has shown a willingness to compromise.  He is blinded by sex but I think he really likes VA. He should stop talking down to VA.  But I agree with him that passing out on your male friends' coaches is a nonstarter.  There is this thing called Uber. He says Yes. He is blinded by sex.

6) VA- She drinks too much.  She is inflexible about normal things, like passing out on her male friend's couch and sleeping with her cat.  Is it possible that she is not an alcoholic and that production gave her a bad edit?  Does she twitch because she is going through some sort of withdrawals on camera? Can she stop partying so hard? Can she tolerate their political differences? Can she compromise? Can she stop twitching? She says Yes but only after Eric begs her to stay.

7) Ryan- He is fake and has so many complexes going on.  The Model Minority.  The Preachers' Son.  The Inner Control Freak  Really bad combinations.  Is he really into God or is he pretending to be to satisfy his parents? Does he know how to relax, or know what the word even means?  Why is he wound so tight.  Why wont he have sex with Clara after accepting BJs from her? Is he lying and having sex with her? Why does he have the patchy beard? Why does he part his hair twice? Why is he externally in control, but internally a quiet storm? He says Yes.

8) Haley- Fake, fake fake.  She didnt try.  She wasnt feeling the sex with Jake and was disgusted with herself afterwards.  She thinks she is better than everybody. She donated Jake's gift to her mom and then lost her shit when Jake called her out on it. She bitched about him eating eggs, even though everybody knows that is what he does. She spend all her time trying to get the rest of the couples to hate Jake, but it didnt work. She says No.

9) Paige- Gurl get some respect.  It didnt have to be this bad.  You let him call your face ugly on national TV instead of dumping his weak ass with dignity.  Go get some therapy.  She says Yes, and agrees to get plastic surgery. Also, never wear those rasta weaves again.

10) Chris- He played the villain perfectly.  He is the bad guy that nobody likes.  Even his preacher bros read him his rights.  I dont know if his baby mamma has his baby.  I dont think he bought her that Benz.  Maybe a 3 month lease, max.  He is a cheating machine.  Paige dodged a bullet.  He will say Maybe, after Paige agrees to get some work done.

Edited by Gator Stud
  • Love 20
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I wish they'd stop with all the dramatic music.

Better than the caterwauling with nonsensical lyrics.....

Why is Ryan dressed like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog in his fancy gold bow tie? Where's his cigar?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)

Clara and Ryan (I'm  late to the episode):

Dr. Viv, nobody, that would include you, looks good in chartreuse.

Fer sure. Yeah.

Ryan's  bow-tie makes him look like a kid. 

Decision: Clara, yes. Ryan, yes.

Staving off the inevitable.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Chris is the worst, narcissistic, manipulative, phony jerk.

Paige, why are you in the car being nice to that ass?

I have no sympathy for Paige, does a brick need to fall on her head? Chris is a liar and you fall for all his lies.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Phony not phone, that is something different although on or off the phone he is a jerk.
  • Love 18

I think I just heard that Chris’s previous girlfriend miscarried the baby. (You mean he caught her getting her period and so she had to drop the ruse). What is wrong with these experts? One of them should have been the one to go out the door behind him and find out what’s going on. Why ever would they allow him to play another game with her head? What’s the bet on him trying to get her back? She made money. Baby Momma didn’t. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Paige and Chris:

Already done!

She does look good tonight.

WTH? Chris brings up Mercedes? To make public her (alleged) miscarriage? And he cries and walks off? A major insult to both women.

Don't ever change, Chris. Angels gotta have their counterparts.

ETA: Chris, WTH?! YES?! GTFOOH, YO! Paige, Walks off. "It's too much. I can't do this anymore." GTFOOH, YO! 

Drama ensues. 

Pastor Cal tries to talk sense to Chris. Paige sees "a lot of admirable qualities in Chris." WTH?!

FINALLY!

Paige, no. Chris, silent. Who cares?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 10

I was hoping Pastor Cal would bring up the conversation with Chris where he says he thought she wasn't attractive, and that he would be married to a beautiful woman.   They should have played the tape for Paige.   She would get mad and not be second guessing her decision.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

I would not be surprised at all if, despite Paige’s decision to divorce, she and Chris left that room and got it on in his car. She really needs help sorting out her beliefs, values, and interpretation of God’s will.

Edited by Cancun
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Cancun said:

I would not be surprised at all if, despite Paige’s decision to divorce, she and Chris left that room and got it on in his car.

I wouldn't be surprised either.  She's full of shit just like he is.  They deserve each other.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Clara and Ryan said yes and I hope they make it.  She needs to loosen him up and feed him some donuts.

I hope they left the experts and celebrated with sex. Even if he couldn’t say the words I love you. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

At first Haley looked cool like maybe she would say yes, they would try, but then her head started to get that look like she would explode, then I knew she couldn’t stand him.  I think she needs a “ yes” man who does everything she says.

Chris and Paige .. I can’t even.

The rest, I don’t give a shit.  I don’t think I could go through this anymore.  Between the thousand commercials and everything, it’s too much.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Who wants a Lemon Drop?

Need a couple of stiff drinks to finish final 25 minutes which is about 4 minutes of show content and 20 of the same commercials...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Jakeandeggs, I know you're butt hurt, but that was a dick move not even holding the door for her as you two walked out.  

The door opened inward. The picture fades and blurs at the point when Jake goes through such that whether or not he holds the door open with his right arm is not really clear.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Why do they all have to make a big Effin speech before a decision.  The pilot especially.  He’s so in love with her after eight weeks, haha.  What a wuss.  She’s a baby.  Here comes 15 more commercials.  Remind me not to watch this stupid show again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Virgina and Erik: 

Decision: Erik, OMG! A "proposal"!  VA, yes.

Never mind the cats, the boozing, the control,...!

Yeah, so how is any of that going to change, VA won't give up her cats or booze, Erik has not changed his mind about either.

See, I would have a problem with that proposal if it was me sitting there, what was that ring, a pink plastic ring?  If he is so over the moon with VA why not get an engagement ring?  Maybe VA could take off some off those junky rings she wears on every finger and make room for a nice diamond band (or any gemstone) or engagement ring.

I predict they will do the next iteration of MAFS then divorce after that filming wraps.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Anyone else joining me and Mindthinkr?

Using Meyer lemons from my yard...

I’m deep into the wine tonight, but why the hell not?

All of these people suck...none will make it long term. 

• Love 6