Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Enter Number Two

• Start Topic

As Mare and Colin parse new physical evidence, phone records lead to an unlikely suspect; after lashing out at Helen about a possible custody fight over Drew, Mare receives some unprompted advice from Richard on how to move forward with Carrie.

Promo:

Original air date: 5/2/21

Frank is not very bright.  He didn't think it would come out about buying baby supplies for Erin?

Shady priest is shady.

MARE.  I can forgive you a lot but not planting evidence.  Damn, I was not expecting that.

• Like 1
  • Love 21

Why is the writing for this show so bad, especially for Mare? I don't mind if someone is unlikable, but when she confronted Frank, she came off 100% like a jealous ex-wife. Why is she so bad at her job? Why can't she do ANY of it in a seemingly professional manner?  Getting told extremely important information and then reacting so over the top that she's screeching at him 2ft from his daughter's ears, then invites said daughter into the fiasco and then 15 seconds later she somehow gets shamed back to her own house?  He still lied!  He was a cop's spouse for how many years but he lied to her face about how well he knew a teenage murder victim? But it's her fault for demanding the truth from him?

Like, it's so infuriating how bad they write her.  Bad at her job, bad at family, bad at grieving, bad at custody etc.  Let me guess, she'll be the main reason Kevin went down the path that led to him committing suicide, and the family is worried she'll make the same mistakes with Drew. Because she's bad at that too.

• Love 12
(edited)

Wow. Ok. Talk about a character arc. Along with all of Mare's other previous descriptors, we can now add, 'takes the law into her own hands.'

Who was the grafittist on the video tape, and why did Mare think the best thing to do was let them off the hook?

What were the things she did, other than be a working mother, that made her son (and daughter) hate her so much?

We have a nervous priest and Zabel struck me as a little uptight, too, wanting to wrap up at the park and the way his eyes were darting all over the place when he described the case that gave him his professional reputation. If we were to speculate that he could be the killer, could it be he was going to set someone up for the crime and claim credit for solving it, and the priest is a red herring?

Helen was a bitch when Richard came over. It was fun for her but she made her daughter squirm. We have seen so many of Mare's flaws and failures, but no woman gets to be as messed up as Mare is when she's got a stellar support system.

I enjoyed Mare and Richard's uncomfortable date. Sad and funny to see how broken they both are. They could be made to help each other heal, or tear each other apart even worse.

And Faye sure looked nasty. It's funny that Mare's family thinks Faye is so cool, when she is so obviously hostile to Mare. There's got to be something truly awful, that she did, to make them so angry at her.

Edited by FemmyV
  • Love 10
(edited)

Eh the institution of policing is garbage and this seems consistent with my one perception of it. What Mare did was terrible and she is not worth "saving" fire her ass, CYA is a major piece of why LE suck. This is pretty solid swerve for the narrative taking the lead out of the main of the mystery solving, and making her ostensibly deal with her real shit. 

They can try to fake me out with the Exorcist sounding priest, but I'm not deviating PoS dad did it (unless he didn't LOL). And I think he's still in the dad sweepstakes. Could be the priest knows this via Erin/confession and that she expressed a desire it never come out, but I can't imagine he thinks covering that up is worth obscuring who killed her. 

While I think Mare is piece of shit, Carrie seems to meet her half way, pretty sure whatever she's slinging at Mare isn't one of the 12 steps so whatever. 

The also dropped the maybe Kevin is the dad bit, that he and Carrie were off and he was with someone at the beach.  I wonder if Mare dealing with her shit will lead to her actually seeing Siobhan's film and putting it together w/o really trying. And enough with the suspicious shots of Faye, when she's the character we have not been allowed to really get to "know" I can't tell you how irritated I'd be if it's her. 

Who was the grafittist on the video tape,

I believe it was Bethy's brother the junkie. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 4

So based on the general rules of TV mystery writing, the priest didn’t do it.

Mare’s son’s partner really should be suing both Mare and the police department for a whole lot of money now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I am realizing that Evan Peters played Michael Scott's nephew on The Office, Episode 701, "Nepotism". 😆  I think someone pointed this out before, thank you.  Everyone always talks about Evan Peters but I thought I hadn't seen him in anything, well I guess I have!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

All that said, there's obviously darker stuff underneath if Mare would do something like frame Carrie, that tells us a lot of implieddunate information about her that made me wish I hadn't felt defensive of her earlier in the episode, guess she really is as awful as everyone thinks. But I have to say I'm disappointed in this as a plot turn in general because it just means the "cop off the job goes rogue and can't let go of the case!" cliché, and this show really did not need that.

Agree on the Frank stuff, but about Carrie, I'm starting to wonder why she got pulled over in the first place. If Mare called in an anonymous tip or a favor, it wasn't implied, so who's to say that book is closed?

Edited by FemmyV
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, FemmyV said:

Agree on the Frank stuff, but about Carrie, I'm starting to wonder why she got pulled over in the first place. If Mare called in an anonymous tip or a favor, it wasn't implied, so who's to say that book is closed?

But we know Mare took the drugs from evidence to do "something bad," so unless she changed her mind and then someone else planted the exact same drugs from evidence, she still framed her. What else could have happened that absolves Mare here? Maybe I'm not thinking big enough but it seemed pretty black and white, especially since she didn't really defend herself. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

That said, ALL THE AWARDS for Evan Peters in that bar scene, that was spectacular. One of the more spot-on uber-drunk performances I've ever seen. to the point that I felt that irritated knot in my stomach that I get when some people in my life are that lit and still trying to converse. (But it was also hysterical.)

Yep, he did a great job - it's actually not easy to play super-drunk convincingly. It was funny/sad.

Sigh.. so now we're on the "you're off the case!" trope. I'm wondering why the show is spending so much time on Siobhan's love life.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
35 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

That said, ALL THE AWARDS for Evan Peters in that bar scene, that was spectacular. One of the more spot-on uber-drunk performances I've ever seen. to the point that I felt that irritated knot in my stomach that I get when some people in my life are that lit and still trying to converse. (But it was also hysterical.)

When actors pretend to be drunk they are usually bad at it -- but yeah, wow.  

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

But we know Mare took the drugs from evidence to do "something bad," so unless she changed her mind and then someone else planted the exact same drugs from evidence, she still framed her. What else could have happened that absolves Mare here? Maybe I'm not thinking big enough but it seemed pretty black and white, especially since she didn't really defend herself. 

What I'm getting at is, did Mare planted the drugs with the assumption Carrie would do something on her own to get pulled over, or did Mare engineer the traffic stop as well.

Although it wouldn't justify her approach, it would indicate there's every possibility it won't be the last time Carrie gets pulled over before a court date can happen for custody.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

My favourite line from this episode is when Mare asked Deacon Mark, “Just so we’re all clear, was it you on the phone with Erin, or Christ himself?”... ouch! 😂

Without her badge & gun, Mare’s world is about to get a lot smaller, could lead to her downward spiral due to losing some power & respect in her own town. One thing for sure, she won’t stop investigating Erin’s case. Mare is so hypocrite, she told her mom to fuck off but when Siobhan told her the exact same thing, she told her not to talk to her like that. No wonder Kevin & Siobhan hate her! Poor little Drew...

The detectives’ question on the gunshot does make sense now when Erin’s finger is recovered in the park. Erin was not sexually assaulted but why the killer took off her clothes? Female killer who was jealous of her or something?

Am not ruling Frank out yet despite his tight alibi, I think he is still hiding some truths. Deacon Mark is shady for 2 obvious reasons - his shady transfer & him disposing Erin’s bike but most probably just the red herring. He could be DJ’s father but not the killer. Drunk, devious, flirty Colin in the bar is creepy. Both Kenny & Dylan were sleeping at home during the time of the murder, not a rock solid alibi. Am still suspicious of Erin’s uncle - Billy Ross.

Richard told Mare "I spent many years waking up with women I didn't want to see anymore”, was one of them the missing Katie? Hmm 🤔

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Drunk, devious, flirty Colin in the bar is creepy.

I thought it was a really interesting character touch that Mare was not creeped out by it at all.  That whole scene was a marvel of acting between the both of them.

• Love 24

It will be interesting to see if her personal life figures into the crimes somehow.

After all, Mare has known all the witnesses most of her life.

Or are they just building up all the drama she has to go through to fill up enough content for 8 or 10 episodes or whatever and the crime itself doesn't become that interesting?

If the perpetrator turns out to be someone the victim knew, and that's often the case, usually the cops discover it fairly quickly.  Now maybe the perpetrator turns out to know about covering his tracks, like he's a cop or former cop or something.  Or that he's gotten away with other murders and has gotten good at evading capture.

Mare finding the bullet may be the first example that she's good at her job.  Obviously she's experienced at giving public statements, directing police resources to collect evidence including canvassing for witnesses, questioning witnesses herself and so on.

Maybe the drug-planting thing is to stretch out the season, put Mare out of action for awhile, to make the case go on longer than it otherwise might?  

Otherwise, that's a clear abuse and she should be fired but I guess she's been a good or effective cop for a long time so the chief is going to cut her a break, just put her out of action until the furor dies down?

Maybe she's a super cop but is being hampered by all the stuff going on around her life, with her grandson, daughter, ex, etc.  Then throw in planting evidence to sideline her for awhile.  We know she's eventually going to solve the case.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Richard told Mare "I spent many years waking up with women I didn't want to see anymore”, was one of them the missing Katie? Hmm 🤔

iI does bring up the possibility that there could be two completely different killers circulating in town. Even without that sinister possibility, it's just yet another GIANT RED FLAG. Seriously Mare, even if this writer dude isn't a murderer, he's bad news - run away! Guy Pearce has always creeped me out, so it's good casting, I guess.

• Love 10
(edited)

While I understand Carrie wanting to get her kid back as soon as humanly possible, it seems like she would have a much stronger case if she waited until she actually moved out of the halfway house and had an apartment where she could live with Drew. If I were in her position, I would want all my ducks lined up before trying to get custody because I wouldn't want to give the court any reason to say no.

When Dylan told his dad to hand DJ to him, I was afraid he was going to snap and do something violent. Although he dutifully picked up DJ whenever it was his turn to have him, he didn't seem to have any affection for DJ or take any real responsibility for him. It felt more like he was taking DJ because he knew Erin would miss him and he liked having control over her (and being able to make her miserable for short amounts of time).

Although the creepy priest is coming off super shady, I wonder if his relationship with Erin is less ominous than it seems (only because it still seems a bit early for the show to tip their hand and show us who the killer is). Maybe Erin told him the truth about Dylan not being DJ's father which is why she called him after she was attacked by Brianna and by extension Dylan (who slut shamed her and let Brianna beat the shit out of her). Throwing her bike off the bridge put him right back into the suspicious as fuck category.

When Mare was talking to Richard, I wondered if he was secretly excited to find someone with such a fucked up story so that he could turn it into his long awaited second book. He just seems sketchy and gross so maybe I'm trying to find reasons not to like him (aside from his already gross personality). The way he hesitated before he said that things are fine with his son now made me wonder if they aren't.

One of the good thing about Mare being suspended is she won't have to deal with the cranky old lady anymore!

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought it was a really interesting character touch that Mare was not creeped out by it at all. 

I thought it was just the reaction that many women have due to the fact that they've had to deal with so many drunk guys trying to flirt with them. It looked like that "oh, here we go again" look of resignation because it seems inevitable that once most men get sloppy drunk, they default to thinking they're irresistible to women.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought it was just the reaction that many women have due to the fact that they've had to deal with so many drunk guys trying to flirt with them. It looked like that "oh, here we go again" look of resignation because it seems inevitable that once most men get sloppy drunk, they default to thinking they're irresistible to women.

I totally took it a different way, like she was into it.   Mare is a very assertive woman and has no problem telling people how she feels at any time and in any situation, so I think if it was THAT she would have reacted totally differently than she did.  I think she was caught off guard and disarmed.

Does the cranky old lady have any relation to Mare?  Or does she just call Mare for these petty crimes and that's why Mare won't help her?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Ugh. I did not at all like the turn this episode took. Having Mare plant those drugs is very, very close to shark-jumping territory for me. And Zabel as a drunken mess was an interesting choice, since he's been portrayed up until now as sane, organized, good at his job, generally just together. But turns out he's just as dysfunctional as everybody else, and all because he's got baggage from being dumped close to his wedding day? ::sigh:: This doesn't bode well. 

Also, the deacon should not have the bike unless he's up to no good. I can't believe the writers would so obviously point the finger at him this early in the game. So if he's not the actual killer, how are they going to write their way out of that reveal? If it's more of the same - I  thought lying to the cops about something innocuous was a good idea in a murder investigation - no thanks! 

I hope we don't go too many more episodes without some more details about the family's extreme animosity toward Mare. This episode, we learned that even Kevin hated her. Of course, the source for that tidbit was Carrie, so who knows? But after last week hearing Mare discuss everything they went through to try to get Kevin diagnosed, the level of anger the family directs toward Mare is inexplicable based on what we do know.

Finally, Mare confronting Frank. Hated it! Why did the friend tell her at night, at her home, knowing Frank is right across the backyard? When you are a cop and someone implicates your ex-spouse in a crime, you step back and let someone else handle the questioning. You don't go barreling over there flinging accusations around. Otherwise, you compromise the investigation and end up either casting doubt on his innocence because you failed to go through proper channels or casting doubt on the integrity of the investigation.

What are the chances she'll use her suspension to get get head screwed on straight?

• Love 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, freebie said:

Ugh. I did not at all like the turn this episode took. Having Mare plant those drugs is very, very close to shark-jumping territory for me.

From what I read about cops, this is not that uncommon.

I seem to find getting drunk at your 15 year reunion a lot more innocent than other people do.  I don't think that it means he's a mess.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 20
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I totally took it a different way, like she was into it.  

Nah, she wasn't into it, mildly bemused (and as described above, by @ElectricBoogaloo,  resigned to dealing with yet another drunk dude) perhaps.

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It felt more like he was taking DJ because he knew Erin would miss him and he liked having control over her (and being able to make her miserable for short amounts of time). Throwing her bike off the bridge put him right back into the suspicious as fuck category.

sketchy clergy dude threw the bike off the bridge, not Dylan - Dylan was still in the hospital I believe. I was also nervous when Dylan asked his Dad to hand the kid to him, since he seemed to have no interest in him whatsoever.

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Love 7
(edited)

So Mare stole evidence to plant on the baby's mother and didn't see that it was stamped and logged as per the police station? Or just conveniently forgot? A detective? I'm supposed to believe she's dumb now? But she can find a bullet in a park, in a tree after searching for 5 hours and in the dark but not see a stamp on a heroin packet? Really? 

Also wouldn't the bike have the creepy clergy man's fingerprints on it? From when he took it out of his car, picked it up and threw it in the water? Read fingerprints on metal are still accessible even after the object has been submerged for days. 

Edited by Laurawithcats
Added a sentence.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

Seriously Mare, even if this writer dude isn't a murderer, he's bad news - run away! Guy Pearce has always creeped me out, so it's good casting, I guess.

Richard’s haircut screams “I am a douchebag” from miles away, Mare is so blind 😅 

9940E7AE-97F3-4FE1-A174-DC5AE62E9DF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

sketchy clergy dude threw the bike off the bridge, not Dylan

It was Deacon Mark who threw the bike into the river. 

3F605715-6966-46E4-A5DC-B67192CC5150.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, freebie said:

Ugh. I did not at all like the turn this episode took. Having Mare plant those drugs is very, very close to shark-jumping territory for me. And Zabel as a drunken mess was an interesting choice, since he's been portrayed up until now as sane, organized, good at his job, generally just together. But turns out he's just as dysfunctional as everybody else, and all because he's got baggage from being dumped close to his wedding day? ::sigh:: This doesn't bode well.

Of the two, I was way less bothered by drunk Zabel. The fact that he's normally very organized and sane actually makes it feel realistic that he's been tamping down the emotional baggage from getting dumped two weeks before he was supposed to get married and it only came out because he got drunk. I know several people who seem like they've got it all together because they're very professional at work but they have a lot of personal stuff that they keep buried 99% of the time, so this scene made Zabel seem more normal to me.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I seem to find getting drunk at your 15 year reunion a lot more innocent than other people do.  I don't think that it means he's a mess.

I went to my high school reunion a few years ago and some people drank A LOT, and most of them didn't even have the excuse of seeing their ex who dumped them just before the wedding! I don't think getting drunk at/after a big social event like that to be especially suspicious.

2 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

sketchy clergy dude threw the bike off the bridge, not Dylan - Dylan was still in the hospital I believe.

Whoops, I was rearranging my paragraphs and accidentally copied and pasted the sentence about the bike throwing to the paragraph about Dylan instead of the one about Deacon Mark. I edited my post to make it less confusing - thanks!

• Love 8

That said, ALL THE AWARDS for Evan Peters in that bar scene, that was spectacular.

Yeah, my attention was riveted.

So disappointed in the story's new direction.

Anyone else hear the PA accent creep in everywhere in this episode? As if a vocal coach gave the actors a crash course. Phone, go...all those distinctive "O" sounds.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Richard’s haircut screams “I am a douchebag” from miles away, Mare is so blind 😅 

9940E7AE-97F3-4FE1-A174-DC5AE62E9DF5.jpeg

He has been spending time looking for rustic restaurants with fake wine cellar decor. Searching Yelp for Easttown hair salons is a lower priority.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I think Siobhan's documentary gives us a clue as to why Kevin hated Mare. She tells the story about him having a tourette's outburst in a movie theater and kids turning around and calling him a freak. She then says "Mom was so embarrassed we had to leave early", not Mom was so angry at the kids that we got thrown out, but that she was embarrassed of her son and not only did not defend him, she punished him by leaving the theater. I will obviously continue watching this show because it is 100% in my wheelhouse, but I think Winslet's acting is subpar in this one (it really stood out when she was yelling at her mother for telling Drew he might have to live with his mother) and I don't really like any of the characters on a personal level. It also annoys me how on one hand we're supposed to believe she's a top notch detective, yet she really blew that interview with Frank, even told him who gave her the intel!

• Love 9

We're spending so much time with Siobhan - I wonder if she will stumble into a connection to or lead on the Katie case but will end up having nothing to do with the Erin case. (For example, why note the suspicion that her brother may not have been alone in that moody video he sent her?)

The actress who played the medical examiner reciting her findings about Erin - those were some high school theater line readings. Yikes.

What will the significance of Betty's backyard security cam eventually be? 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I was also nervous when Dylan asked his Dad to hand the kid to him, since he seemed to have no interest in him whatsoever.

That scene made me really nervous too. It didn't seem like love. It seemed like he was trying to see if it was really his kid and his demeanor signaled to me that he didn't think it was. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, PatsyB said:

I think Siobhan's documentary gives us a clue as to why Kevin hated Mare. She tells the story about him having a tourette's outburst in a movie theater and kids turning around and calling him a freak. She then says "Mom was so embarrassed we had to leave early", not Mom was so angry at the kids that we got thrown out, but that she was embarrassed of her son and not only did not defend him, she punished him by leaving the theater. I will obviously continue watching this show because it is 100% in my wheelhouse, but I think Winslet's acting is subpar in this one (it really stood out when she was yelling at her mother for telling Drew he might have to live with his mother) and I don't really like any of the characters on a personal level. It also annoys me how on one hand we're supposed to believe she's a top notch detective, yet she really blew that interview with Frank, even told him who gave her the intel!

I agree with some of this, but I thought that maybe Siobhan misunderstood why Mare left the theater early. Mare may have been trying to protect Kevin from being called a weirdo and other worse things and thought taking the path of least resistance was less damaging than throwing a fit at the other kids. I'm not sure what Siobhan is trying to do with the video. She mentioned he sent the clip to her of his feet in the ocean and she wondered if someone else was with him then. There is a mystery there. 

I think Mare is really terrified that she didn't do enough for Kevin, or did the wrong things. Clearly Siobhan thinks so, or at least what we've seen so far makes us think that Siobhan believes that. Carrie used that fear as a weapon against Mare and it drove her to planting drugs on Carrie. 

Everyone has left Mare, (well, Mom is still around) and now she's lost her job for a bit, and maybe we will start to see what really happened. But I'm guessing Mare tried very hard to be a good/great mom to Kevin and it wasn't enough and her greatest fear is that she could have saved him but didn't know how. 

I liked this episode more than the first two. Mare is growing on me a bit. I was VERY surprised to see young Dylan survive. I thought he was a goner for sure, I guess a drunk enraged father in the woods can't aim for nothing. So Dylan isn't out of the running as a suspect, nor is Brianna. 

I didn't like that Mare barged in on Frank when that key piece of information was given to her, because a wiser cop would have asked to question the source, and would have been a bit more crafty about it. 

Someone up thread suggested that Kevin might be Erin's baby's father, and that's interesting, because if so, than Frank's paternity test will look like he's related.  Ha!  Happy times ahead for Frankie boy.

The drunk county cop concerns me.  Because I like him, and therefore, he'll turn out to be a bad boy. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Me too. Lots of people revert like that when they get together with an old group of high school or college friends, I didn't see it as any sort of signifier. Yet.

7 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

. I was also nervous when Dylan asked his Dad to hand the kid to him, since he seemed to have no interest in him whatsoever.

I was sort of thrown by Dylan's reaction to the rumor, he sure seemed like he'd love to rid himself of the responsibility of fatherhood. I was surprised that his parents practically seemed like the Cleavers. Compared to everyone else in town, they're the kindest most loving family around! (Dad looks super young, though... guess every generation in Easttown is only separated by about 15 or 16 years)

7 hours ago, Laurawithcats said:

So Mare stole evidence to plant on the baby's mother and didn't see that it was stamped and logged as per the police station? Or just conveniently forgot? A detective? I'm supposed to believe she's dumb now? But she can find a bullet in a park, in a tree after searching for 5 hours and in the dark but not see a stamp on a heroin packet? Really? 

That's what I didn't get. I feel like there's still more to it because if she really did that, it feels like a trying-to-get-caught situation. But she was obviously very upset about being caught. So what gives? I can't tell if it was bad writing, a red herring that we'll get more information on later, or deliberately telling us that Mare isn't smart/good at things.

Edited by gesundheit
  • Love 13

Initially I thought Mare would be the super cop of Easttown, but stealing & planting evidence for a custody case that you are a primary party to; come on, makes no sense whatsoever. Total dumb move.

Also something doesn't sit right in my mind with the daughter, Siobhan. She seems to be getting too much screen time for no apparent reason.

• Love 7

Or think to put it in a new bag? I'm no criminal mastermind but she really put ZERO thought into the logistics of framing Carrie. My only other theory was that someone else did it and she knew exactly who it was but she didn't want to rat them out. But then I couldn't think of a single person in the police department that we've seen interact with her who seems to genuinely like her besides the chief so that blew my theory.

37 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I'm not sure what Siobhan is trying to do with the video. She mentioned he sent the clip to her of his feet in the ocean and she wondered if someone else was with him then. Clearly there is a mystery there. 

It's an assignment for documentary editing so I think she chose to make it about her brother in the hopes that it would be cathartic. I don't think her intention was to actually unravel the mystery of who else may have been at the beach with him, but I think she may end up inadvertently finding some information that will help her understand what happened.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, preeya said:

Also something doesn't sit right in my mind with the daughter, Siobhan. She seems to be getting too much screen time for no apparent reason.

It could be something. Or it could be the producers wanting justification to add a sex scene with a pretty young woman. Or two.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So Mare stole evidence to plant on the baby's mother and didn't see that it was stamped and logged as per the police station? Or just conveniently forgot? A detective? I'm supposed to believe she's dumb now?

This part doesn’t make sense. As a detective, Mare should know every drug dealers in that small town, why put her job at risk by stealing the evidence? Unless they are setting her up as a corrupt detective who is willing to go extra miles in protecting someone she loves. With Siobhan’s involvement in Katie’s disappearance OR Erin’s murder, Mare will do everything she could to protect her daughter.

Re timeline, does it make sense for Kevin to be Erin’s baby daddy? What if Kevin didn’t kill himself but was actually murdered? We don’t know details of his death (yet).

I have no idea why they are giving Siobhan’s love life and Siobhan’s bandmates so much unnecessary screen time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, paigow said:

He has been spending time looking for rustic restaurants with fake wine cellar decor. Searching Yelp for Easttown hair salons is a lower priority.

😂😂😂 

Since Mare is out of job for now, she can take her bf to a fancy salon in Easttown for new, manly haircut, maybe get some mani/pedi too!

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm no criminal mastermind but she really put ZERO thought into the logistics of framing Carrie.

Yeah, that was a real rookie move.  I rationalized it that she felt desperate and desperate people don't think things through.

So since the priest had Erin's bike, she clearly went to see him after the park incident.   Question is: did someone pick her up from there and that person is the killer?  And does Mare's cousin live at the rectory and did he see anything?

Frank getting sooooo defensive when Mare rightly questioned him made him an asshole in my book.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Echo the love for Evan Peters when he was drunk. That alone deserved an Emmy. Im not holding out hope since he has never been nominated for one.  He was really convincing and funny as usual.  Mare tells he needs a thicker coat and he gets one lol. Glad they bonded a bit when he was drunk. When he tells the guy on the phone he needs those dogs! Lol

Dylan is alive 🤢 I hate that punk lol.

I don't trust Frank's fiance.  As far as Frank goes I can understand why he was upset about being asked if he slept with a teenager but he still comes off like a jerk. Why again did he move so close to his ex wife? Weird lol.

Mare has issues many of them but I'm still not a fan of people throwing her dead son around as a weapon.  With that out of the way what she did with the evidence was so so wrong. Just dumb as well.

I don't care about the daughter's love life lol. 

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, roughing it said:

Interesting family life differences - at Mare's house it's FUCK YOU, NO FUCK YOU, NO FUCK YOU MORE, NO FUCK YOU MORE....etc.  Then across the yard at Frank's house, laughter and board games, "Hey it's your turn" HA HA

Noticed. But that's the way it is with so many divorced households and always has been. Maybe I'm just sticking up for Mare because she's the protagonist, but she didn't get the way she is by growing up in a healthy household. The father she idolizes was probably a lot less than perfect, and we saw last night that her mother is a-OK about humiliating her in front of a lover. 

• Love 7