Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Sharing is Caring

• Start Topic

Roberta makes a shocking confession to Dannielle; the Joneses navigate dating during the pandemic; the Clarks try to make sense of everything that happened with Kaleh; the Snowdens continue to get to know Tayler and wonder if she might be the one.

Original air date 2021.04.19

I am watching this shit show now. Dani...the writing is on the wall. This is not for you. Sue for custody and child support, block the visa if you can and move on with your life. Garrick is disgusting and he was less than thrilled that Roberta was open about the first night of sex.the look on her face after the baby making comment was terrible.  Him brushing Dani off with “ go do business stuff” was awful. Roberta, stop with the idle threats. You want that sweet green card and you are not going anywhere. Dani will be out on her ass by the time they get back to the US.

Of course the bar girl was a set up and she didn’t go through with the date. Elena obviously wanted that sweet screen time and when it didn’t happen she ditched them.

I can’t even comment on the Snowden family. They are insufferable and Ashley will never choose someone who is gunning for the position of top wife. She is already giving the new girl some stink eye. Of course Tayler wants to move right in, more screen time that way.

Kaye needs to go. This is not for her. Why did she even sign up for this? Low self esteem or what? 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 23

Tayler seems way too eager to link up with the Snowdens. I have a feeling she is a scammer. I thought it interesting that she and Chrissie had coordinated when they were going to be sleeping with Dimitri. I think that is wishful thinking on their parts, because there is no way in heck Ashley is going to put up with any of that. 

Hearing Garrick say that he and Roberta got that quality alone time they both needed, made me sick to my stomach.  The look on Dannielle’s face when he said that she wouldn’t be needing the “baby making potion” was heartbreaking. I don’t know what to make of Roberta telling Danielle that they were intimate the first night.  She either felt sorry for her or was having second thoughts about Garrick.  His obsession with sex is probably making her uncomfortable.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Someone needs to let Insipidian know that there’s a newfound thing called shampoo. He always looks so greasy and dirty. And that tank top? It makes my skin crawl. If it weren’t for sticking by her man, Tosha would be in a Nxium type cult. She’s even got the crazy eyes.

Not Rose Leslie Dannielle, babe, it’s okay to say you are not into the polygamy thing. And to also say that your EX-husband is a douchebag. And I do feel bad for you, but This. Is. What. You. Wanted. Remember? Garrick doesn’t give a shit about your feelings and probably never has. It’s all about him, honey. 

Dmitri showed his roots. I’m from New England and I wondered what the “aht bah” was. Next to the two new potential sister wives, Ashley looks like she’s the prison warden and acts like it too. Dmitri was getting aroused just sitting across the table from Bachelorette #2. 

Why doesn’t Kayla(?) tell His Royal Pain in the Ass what she told us? She wants a career, just like he and Queenie have and now is the time for her to be making that happen. It’s quite reasonable......so, okay, never mind.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 16

I've decided that there are three types of people on this show every season:  the Mormon Polygamists, the Grifters and the Nerdy Pervs with Doormat Wives. 

Up for #1 Grifter this week:  Taylor.  She let it slip (twice!) that she never was into polygamy or realized how great it could be until she was able to gaze raptly at the wonder that is The Snowdens.  So why was she on a polygamy website in the first place then?

#2 Verbal Faux Pas goes to The King - "Vanessa is my person, my ride or die, and Kae is our attack dog."  WTF?  In their case I think all three of them are in on it so whatever 😄

Nerdy Perv is still the grossest - he should be informed of how Nerdy Perv from last season turned out 😈

• Love 6

I think I’m in polygamy overload after Sister Wives last night.  Why in the world is Dannielle putting herself through this?  It’s like torture.  Dumb Ass Garrick is only interested in one thing and it has nothing to do with Danielle.  She seems like a guy that was a loser in high school and now he thinks he’s all that.  

The Snowden’s bore me.  

I don’t know how old Kaleh from the Clark family but she looks so young it grosses me out.  I hate that king and queen b/s.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

I think I’m in polygamy overload after Sister Wives last night.  Why in the world is Dannielle putting herself through this?  It’s like torture.  Dumb Ass Garrick is only interested in one thing and it has nothing to do with Danielle.  She seems like a guy that was a loser in high school and now he thinks he’s all that.  

The Snowden’s bore me.  

I don’t know how old Kaleh from the Clark family but she looks so young it grosses me out.  I hate that king and queen b/s.  

She said "yes sir" at the end of the episode. Full body cringe.

• Love 22

Snowdens are a train wreck again.  Did anyone else think that Ashley and Tayler shouldn’t be having that discussion with axes in their hands?   Ashley likes Christelline because she’s a good mom. Dmitri likes the other girl because she’s a hot piece of ass. Ashley is shutting that down with the 21 day alkaline diet again. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Things I absolutely do not believe - sex with Garrick was "amazing" unless Roberta meant amazingly bad.  

Dannielle realizes she slept in the bed that Garrick and Roberta just had sex in.  I guess they didn't make her sleep in the wet spot.  Because Garrick is a gentleman.  🙄 He is in this for the sex.  Religion is an excuse.  It's all about sex. 

Tayler is much too vivacious and attractive for Ashley to put up with. 

Kaleh is lovely and motivated to improve her life.  I get the feeling she is the Cinderella in this relationship.  I think any little error is blown out of proportion and she is constantly criticized.  Jarod wants to control her.  Her being goal oriented should be seen as a positive.  Her saying, "yes, sir" said a lot more than just the agreement.  That is creepy.

Also, whoever said Vanessa looks like a Simpsons character nailed it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

What the hell is Danielle thinking?  Run and go make a new life for yourself. You're still young enough to start over. Don't take another day of this.

Roberta probably told her just to play both sides and/or to look good to the public eye because she knows she has Garrick whipped.

• Love 5

Oh lawd!!  Garrick.  Gross.  Just gross.  That guy ain't bright and he ain't right.  I see his intelligence (emotional and otherwise) as being just a tad above drooling.  Dannielle, come live with one of us.  You just need someone to remind you that you aren't crazy, he is!    

Kay has been through some rough years in her life that the King has "saved" her from.  Cinderella?  Absolutely!  When they king was hugging her I just got this incestual father/daughter vibe.  I agree with others in that I am not sure she is physically safe in this relationship.

Bachelorette #2 is a hoot.  Ashley is looking older and bigger.  No way is that chick going to make it through the holy cleansing process to be presented to Dimitri.  

Insiduous has a beautiful face.  If it wasn't surrounded by a limp beard, greasy disgusting hair and black tank top that I could smell over the TV, he could be ok.  Johnny Depp-ish.  (I am ducking now because some of y'all are throwing tomatoes at me. )

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I don’t know how old Kaleh from the Clark family but she looks so young it grosses me out.

So true. I had just commented to my friend while watching last night's episode that she looks like 14-15 years old. And then to see her being smothered hugged by Mr. I-Ain't-On-Steroids? Extremely creepy.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, dsteele said:

So true. I had just commented to my friend while watching last night's episode that she looks like 14-15 years old. And then to see her being smothered hugged by Mr. I-Ain't-On-Steroids? Extremely creepy.

There's no chance that he was her teacher, right?  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Tayler seems way too eager to link up with the Snowdens. I have a feeling she is a scammer. I thought it interesting that she and Chrissie had coordinated when they were going to be sleeping with Dimitri. I think that is wishful thinking on their parts, because there is no way in heck Ashley is going to put up with any of that.   

Couple of things--Ashley is really a terrible person. She calls all the shots and Dimitri is just another pawn in her game. I can't imagine what's in it for her, though. Those kids know it too. Have any of us ever taken small kids on an outing and had them be as quiet as those kids were? No "Mommy, LOOK!" or "Daddy, he took my paint!". They were quiet as mice. They never make a peep. Disturbing. 

9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Someone needs to let Insipidian know that there’s a newfound thing called shampoo. He always looks so greasy and dirty. And that tank top? It makes my skin crawl. If it weren’t for sticking by her man, Tosha would be in a Nxium type cult. She’s even got the crazy eyes.

Not Rose Leslie Dannielle, babe, it’s okay to say you are not into the polygamy thing. And to also say that your EX-husband is a douchebag. And I do feel bad for you, but This. Is. What. You. Wanted. Remember? Garrick doesn’t give a shit about your feelings and probably never has. It’s all about him, honey. 

Dmitri showed his roots. I’m from New England and I wondered what the “aht bah” was. Next to the two new potential sister wives, Ashley looks like she’s the prison warden and acts like it too. Dmitri was getting aroused just sitting across the table from Bachelorette #2. 

Why doesn’t Kayla(?) tell His Royal Pain in the Ass what she told us? She wants a career, just like he and Queenie have and now is the time for her to be making that happen. It’s quite reasonable......so, okay, never mind.

Tosha was BORN to be in a cult. Her adoring moony expression whenever she looks at her greasy god makes me queasy.

Danielle is a sad, broken woman and I feel sorry for her. She moans about how she's "working on" her "jealousy and insecurity". WHY does she have to work on these things? She has a very valid reason to be insecure since her husband is banging another woman inches away! And she allowed a divorce so he could do it! All of these women act like being jealous or insecure are faults that need their work and attention, and it infuriates me. 

Garrick is so revolting with his teenage giggling. 

Kayla needs to RUN. That "relationship" is sick. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, steff13 said:

I get the Johnny Depp thing - he has a pirate quality. 

Eh, it's the eyeliner.  

And, Taylor?  That wasn't a "tingle" you were getting from Dmitri.  That was your bullshit detector making a last valiant effort to warn you off.  (Although I agree, she's in this for the screen time.)  She won't last long.  "We" saw some relationship red flags, says Ashley, to accompany her death stares, while Dmitri drools...

But thank God Ashley brought up the alkaline diet in case we forgot about her personal brand of crazy and controlling.  "We" are on an alkaline diet, says she.... yes, I'm sure Dmitri is terribly, terribly concerned about that.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

But thank God Ashley brought up the alkaline diet in case we forgot about her personal brand of crazy and controlling.

First time I had heard of this diet. But what confused me is why Ashley thinks this would rule out Dmitri having sex with NewGirl. I'm guessing it has something to do with exchanging bodily fluids? But kissing (swapping spit) is OK? I mean, I know it's complete bullshit but I'm just trying to figure out what tortured logic Ashley is using to justify it.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dsteele said:

First time I had heard of this diet. But what confused me is why Ashley thinks this would rule out Dmitri having sex with NewGirl. I'm guessing it has something to do with exchanging bodily fluids? But kissing (swapping spit) is OK? I mean, I know it's complete bullshit but I'm just trying to figure out what tortured logic Ashley is using to justify it.

Don’t waste your time trying to figure it out. There’s no logic in crazy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

2 hours ago, Opine said:

Insiduous has a beautiful face.  If it wasn't surrounded by a limp beard, greasy disgusting hair and black tank top that I could smell over the TV, he could be ok.  Johnny Depp-ish.  (I am ducking now because some of y'all are throwing tomatoes at me. )

I have a package of Campari tomatoes that I am tossing at my screen.   I was trying to think last night about why I thought he looked familiar and I realized he made me think of Keith Raniere and Nxivm.  I just can't unsee it.

I do not like any of these people.  Not one.  It is a race to the bottom which one I hate the worse. 

I want someone to lock Dannielle up and not only teach her how to spell her name but also make her watch all 15 seasons of Sister Wives.

I did laugh at what seemed to be a picture of Roberta's big muffin top when she was at the beach.  And she is the small one.  Ha!!!

Vanessa and Ashley were tied for the "first wife"  I hate most, but the tie breaker was that so far as I can recall Vanessa has kept her children off camera. 

34 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

But thank God Ashley brought up the alkaline diet in case we forgot about her personal brand of crazy and controlling.  "We" are on an alkaline diet, says she.... yes, I'm sure Dmitri is terribly, terribly concerned about that.  

I wonder why she forgot to mention steam cleaning their vajayjays in a group setting?

I finally found someone I hate more than Dmitri and that McGee guy who died and it is----drum roll, please---Garrick.   Not only did he divorce Dannielle to "marry" someone who may or may not speak any English, he seems to hate her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I find watching the Danielle/Garrick/Roberta trio very disturbing.  The treatment of Danielle by Garrick is just disgusting.  Why did she even go to Mexico with them?  It’s ridiculous that she is there considering the treatment she is getting.  She smiles and giggles at every bone they throw her way.  He actually looks at her like a step child he hates and treats her that way too.  Wake up Danielle, he wants to have many women in his life and in order to do it with some kind of “approval” he is dragging you along and ruining your life.  I doubt bossy Ashley will put up with wife 2 and 3 making decisions behind her back, especially when it concerns “the D”.   The king and queens trio is also disturbing, the others are just boring.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, dsteele said:

The logic is that in season 1 he took the hot "potential wife" on a first date and had sex with her.  Ashley's put the lid on that 😏

21 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I wonder why she forgot to mention steam cleaning their vajayjays in a group setting?

That's a surprise treat for after they complete the diet 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I think Sidian looks like the love child of Hillary Swank and Billy Zane.  

I'll bet he's rocking Warby Parker eyeglasses, too.  

"Tragically hip" always comes to mind when I see him and his vacuous "wife."  

Garrick might be the most repulsive being to ever enter this shit show.  

It must be the green card entrancing Roberta, because that dude looks, sounds and acts like an imbecile who's mere inches away from becoming a knuckle dragger.  If I were Dannielle (which thank the goddesses I would NEVER be), I'd pack up my shit and fly back home to my kids.  

And have the locks changed before that neanderthal returned.  

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, dsteele said:

Ashley's water boarding while on the rack with bamboo under the fingernails level of tortured logic is that the alkaline diet changes their internal pH (Narrator: It does not). If their pH is not properly aligned because the new woman does not eat the same diet, then Ashley will get a yeast infection if the new woman has sex with dmitri.  Now, as we all work through the illogic of this, noting that yeast infections don't work that way and that maybe dmitri should wrap his junk and bathe effectively (he's another one whose personal hygiene often looks suspect), let's consider that this is another way for Ashley to control someone.  Should anyone ever get a yeast infection, Ashley can accuse them of cheating on the diet thereby risking the health of everyone involved.  Even if she gets a yeast infection, it will somehow be the other person's fault.  Her vagina is a litmus test of sorts for the person's commitment to the relationship through willingness to adhere to her brand of foolishness.   

Vagina health per Ashley: 1) change to an alkaline diet; 2) steam your vulva in a hope that you provide the right environment to cause a yeast infection; 3) accuse the other person of not being committed enough to the relationship to adhere to the diet.  It's all very logical. 

I assume the tingling that Tayler felt when near dmitri was crabs jumping off of him.  Could also simply be that his skeeviness has gone weapon grade at this point. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, princelina said:

The logic is that in season 1 he took the hot "potential wife" on a first date and had sex with her.

Ah, did not know that. Thanks.

So, in other words, Ashley is trying any excuse to avoid having Potential Sidepiece getting the D until they have been spiritually joined as a family. <cough> That's some admirable principles and piety, no?

And for Ashley's benefit, here are some other possible, legitimate, medically necessary reasons for keeping future potential sister wives away from her husband:

• Dmitri is using Vitamin B6 to ward off mosquitoes
  • Ashley recently used a jade egg in her vag
  • Both parties regularly practice high colonics
  • Dmitri recently went on an eight-day, mono-diet goat-milk cleanse
  • Ashley recently had a full-body yeast infection
  • Dmitri is drinking bleach to prevent coronavirus
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ashley's water boarding while on the rack with bamboo under the fingernails level of tortured logic is that the alkaline diet changes their internal pH

Thanks for the explanation of Ashley's 'logic'. 😝  Makes total sense and seems grounded in scientific principles. Also:

image.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I finally found someone I hate more than Dmitri and that McGee guy who died and it is----drum roll, please---Garrick.   Not only did he divorce Dannielle to "marry" someone who may or may not speak any English, he seems to hate her. 

He's training her for her new role, as second place wife. She's prepared to accept fewer and fewer crumbs from him. He's just seeing how far he can go. I think I literally let out a small scream when he said (in his own special, creepy way) "I need to have Roberta to MYSELF". He was practically licking his lips at the prospect of unrestrained sexytime with Roberta. And Danielle is being told that if she experiences any feelings of jealousy that that's a failing on her part. The thing that kills me is that she's buying it. 

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I find watching the Danielle/Garrick/Roberta trio very disturbing.  The treatment of Danielle by Garrick is just disgusting.  Why did she even go to Mexico with them?  It’s ridiculous that she is there considering the treatment she is getting.  She smiles and giggles at every bone they throw her way.  He actually looks at her like a step child he hates and treats her that way too.  Wake up Danielle, he wants to have many women in his life and in order to do it with some kind of “approval” he is dragging you along and ruining your life.  I doubt bossy Ashley will put up with wife 2 and 3 making decisions behind her back, especially when it concerns “the D”.   The king and queens trio is also disturbing, the others are just boring.

Danielle's self esteem must be six feet under ground. She tries to establish herself as the Senior Wife, makes little private jokes and references the past with Garrick, but he ignores her or belittles her. That Roberta is sitting back and allowing it is just as sickening. They might try to say they're "involving" Danielle in all the decisions regarding their upcoming "wedding", but what they're really doing is humiliating her and rubbing her face in her subjugation. It's disgusting. 

• Love 18

I have no words for the Garrick/Dannielle/Roberta situation.  It's just sickening.  We can't snark about it.  It doesn't belong on this show.  We need to call adult protective services.

On the other hand, I had many laugh-out-loud moments just now at the additional comments about the alkaline diet and steam cleaning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think I literally let out a small scream when he said (in his own special, creepy way) "I need to have Roberta to MYSELF". He was practically licking his lips at the prospect of unrestrained sexytime with Roberta. And Danielle is being told that if she experiences any feelings of jealousy that that's a failing on her part. The thing that kills me is that she's buying it. 

Danielle's self esteem must be six feet under ground. She tries to establish herself as the Senior Wife, makes little private jokes and references the past with Garrick, but he ignores her or belittles her. That Roberta is sitting back and allowing it is just as sickening. They might try to say they're "involving" Danielle in all the decisions regarding their upcoming "wedding", but what they're really doing is humiliating her and rubbing her face in her subjugation. It's disgusting. 

I think this show is just my catharsis to dump all of my hate and stress on.  Not that it's not well-deserved, GARRICK.  

I do think he is the worst of the lot just because there's so much underlying cruelty in his every utterance.  

4 hours ago, steff13 said:

There's no chance that he was her teacher, right?  

Eeeew.... but that is EXACTLY the vibe.  Add the "yes, sir" and.... ick ick ick.    I'm glad she stood up and was all,  "Yes, that's all well and good, but I'm STILL going to work." 

There's more hope for Kaleh than for Dannielle.  I feel like Kaleh could still get out of her situation if it turns violent.  As for Dannielle, I'm actively concerned about her reaction to the continual emotional abuse.  

• Love 10

Roberta is just faking any sort of love for Dannielle. She pulled the refusing to eat at lunch thing because she wanted Dannielle to know they had sex in the bed the three of them slept in. Both she and Garrick are cruel, disgusting people. I agree Sidian looks like Billy Zane. I don’t know he and his “wife” seem like they are performing for the camera more than anything else.

It is obvious Tayler just wants to be on TV, no way is she really committed to that family. There are no likable people on this show. I feel sorry for Dannielle and she will be out of Garrick’s life pretty soon if Roberta has her way.

• Love 10

Everyone is just so icky and pretentious. I wouldn’t want to even have lunch with any of these people let alone be in a plural marriage with them. The men all have these idiotic ideas but the women go along with it.

All the talk of the women having to “work” on getting rid of their jealousy is so convenient for the men. They get to go off and have sex with new women while chastising the original wife in hopes that they shut up and they can frolic away without any worries.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

I think this show is just my catharsis to dump all of my hate and stress on.  Not that it's not well-deserved, GARRICK.  

I do think he is the worst of the lot just because there's so much underlying cruelty in his every utterance.  

Eeeew.... but that is EXACTLY the vibe.  Add the "yes, sir" and.... ick ick ick.    I'm glad she stood up and was all,  "Yes, that's all well and good, but I'm STILL going to work." 

There's more hope for Kaleh than for Dannielle.  I feel like Kaleh could still get out of her situation if it turns violent.  As for Dannielle, I'm actively concerned about her reaction to the continual emotional abuse.  

I can see Kaleh breaking away from this.  The issue is not so much polygamy as it is the position the king and queen are putting her into.  They want her to be subservient and attend to their needs.  She is smart to work on building her own life and looking toward her future.  One of the easiest ways to keep someone in an abusive situation is to hold financial control over them.  They don't want her to work becausee then she can break away. 

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It’s like going for a Mikva, except it has nothing to do with religion.

And a Mikvah cleanses the whole body in a bath.  Ashley attempts to steam her vagina even though the steam is only reaching that labia.  It is more ignorance dressed up as something meaningful on her part.  

I do enjoy that her bindis are now stickers.  I wonder if she'll put a My Little Pony on there at some point? 

36 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I had seen those steam bath scenes when they first aired, but just now I felt the need for eye bleach.

You're welcome!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I wonder what Dannielle’s already suspicious family thinks of everything they are seeing right now?  I hope they perform an intervention and help Dannielle see that Garrick is abusive.  I mean if they cannot bring not a Brazilian bombshell Roberta to the U.S. they are going to relocate to a different country.  Why is Dannielle going to turn her whole world upside down so her creepy abusive husband can have sex with other women.  Oh this just makes me so mad!

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 8

Sidian is so much more a persona than a person.   He is so desperate to be seen as different and special that it makes him immensely dull.  The eye makeup.  The hair that he wants us to think he doesn't care about but probably spend 30 minutes working on the right messy look.  He is one of many men on this show that make me want to shower just having seen them.  I cannot imagine being in his presence. 

• Love 11
On 4/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Madding crowd said:

Roberta is just faking any sort of love for Dannielle. She pulled the refusing to eat at lunch thing because she wanted Dannielle to know they had sex in the bed the three of them slept in. Both she and Garrick are cruel, disgusting people.

I think Roberta is worse than Garrick.  You're absolutely right about the not eating lunch thing, and what needs to be asked is why Roberta felt it necessary that Dannnnielle know about that sneaked-in sex.  Telling Dannnnnielle about it benefited only one person, Roberta herself, who might have been feeling guilty (to put the best light on it, though it's still inexcusable) or who might simply have wanted to twist the knife a little more.

Garrick is horrible in every way, but Dannnnnnnnnnielle is already divorced from him, so if she somehow gets her shit together, she can be shed of him without much bother, and she will have the threat of dropping a dime to immigration services to make him do pretty much whatever she wants in terms of settlements.

We also have to consider the chief weakness of the male sex, and that is the dick drive.  Men who have deeply flawed characters (probably not raised right) start waggling that thing at any woman who gives the vaguest sign of interest.  They're so goddam dumb that they think it's their magnificent dicks that women want and admire.  They're too stupid to stop and take a breath and ask themselves what else a woman might see in them.  Do they have money?  Charm? The ability to talk about something other than how great their dicks are?  Common interests?  Often they might realize that the real attraction is their ability to get a woman out of a hellish existence and into what she imagines will be heaven on earth.

So certain lower types of men really can't help acting like dicks.  Garrick is one of these.

Dannnnnielle is being terribly mistreated, and she acts like she's putting up with it, but in her TH she tells us otherwise.  She is really the one in the catbird seat, and I hope she wakens to that fact soon.  Why the hell would she want to stay with Garrick now that he's shown her who he really is?  Even if he told her the whole Roberta thing was a big mistake and he wanted to go back home to the way things used to be, how could she forgive or even forget what he and his Brazilian Bombshell have put her through?

And if Dannnniellle leaves Garrick and Roberta there in Mexico, what will Roberta do?  She won't have Dannnnielle to torture, so the entertainment value has diminished by a lot, and she has seen that at least one other woman--and a woman who was willing to put up with such disrespect--even if *that* pathetic excuse for a Bombshell doesn't want Garrick, what's a hot Brazilian doing with such a loser?  And that's even *before* she gets the bad news about Garrick's losing the house and his entire retirement fund.

Edited by Mothra
Clarify rant. typo
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Roberta is just faking any sort of love for Dannielle. She pulled the refusing to eat at lunch thing because she wanted Dannielle to know they had sex in the bed the three of them slept in. Both she and Garrick are cruel, disgusting people. 

Bingo. She's like the second wife in "Raise the Red Lantern". All sweetness and light on the surface, but mean and backstabbing underneath. Didn't take her long to figure out where she fits in the power dynamic. Garrick has nothing to offer but his US citizenship. That Danielle allows herself to be used this way in order to keep his sorry ass makes me crazy. Does she really think she's only worthy of Roberta's sloppy seconds? 

@Mothra, as usual, I wish I could like your post 100 times. 

• Love 5

I really can't decide if I think Roberta is horrible or not.  I think she's not very bright, and I think she is exceptionally immature for her age.  Telling Dannielle about the (can't possibly be all that) sexy times?  It's either mean, or it's just more evidence of her immaturity, a short-sightedness that says that if it's "honesty" it must be okay.  

I don't get the disingenuousness that a lot of you see from Roberta, but I don't really know what I see (and I'm perfectly willing to let this play out more and draw new conclusions).   From my POV, again, Roberta's not very smart and she's immature, Dannielle keeps telling her how wonderful it all is and that's something Roberta would *want* to believe, and there's both a language barrier and the fact that they really don't know each other all that well.  Garrick ought to be able to see that Dannielle is in misery, but I'm not sure I can expect that from Roberta. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

I really can't decide if I think Roberta is horrible or not.  I think she's not very bright, and I think she is exceptionally immature for her age.  Telling Dannielle about the (can't possibly be all that) sexy times?  It's either mean, or it's just more evidence of her immaturity, a short-sightedness that says that if it's "honesty" it must be okay.  

I don't get the disingenuousness that a lot of you see from Roberta, but I don't really know what I see (and I'm perfectly willing to let this play out more and draw new conclusions).   From my POV, again, Roberta's not very smart and she's immature, Dannielle keeps telling her how wonderful it all is and that's something Roberta would *want* to believe, and there's both a language barrier and the fact that they really don't know each other all that well.  Garrick ought to be able to see that Dannielle is in misery, but I'm not sure I can expect that from Roberta. 

She is a manipulator by trade. I think she knows exactly what she is doing.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

What I see in Roberta is a spitefulness that unfortunately sometimes happens when two women compete sexually.  The disingenuous part for me is her pretending to care so much about Dannnnielle's feelings, putting on what seems to me to be a big act of sensitivity.  The (perversely) kindest thing she and Garrick did was to keep their quickie sex secret from Dannnnielle, yet when there was no payoff for that effort, she *for no good reason other than to cause hurt* decided, on her own, to "confess" because she felt there should be no secrets among the three of them.  Yeah.

And to further protect herself in Garrick's eyes from being considered the villain, she didn't just tell Dannnielle about it; she made a big deal of "I can't eat" and having to have the "confession" dragged out of her.

This is not how a sister treats a sister.

A long time ago, I was just out of the hospital and feeling rough, but my husband and I went out to a bar with another couple.  The other man liked me a lot and was flirtatious.  His gf of course resented it; she said to me "let's arm wrestle"--yes, that's the high-class crowd I ran with.  I was weak and disinterested, so I intentionally used no strength at all.  She pulled my hand down over hers and said "Wow!  You're so strong!"  This was harmless but also shitty and spiteful, demonstrating what a delicate flower she was, while showing her boyfriend what a hulking chunk of non-femininity I was.  It was an attack without attacking.  That's the kind of thing Roberta is doing, making herself look better than she is while being totally complicit in cutting Dannnielle out of everything.

I think most women grow out of this silliness when they graduate from high school.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The only thing that's really clear about Roberta to me is that she wasn't looking on US polygamy sites for dates because she's interested in polygamy 😄   Assuming that she met them on that site, and they say they are into it, her belief has to have been that she needs to impress/be liked by both.  So she's as loving to "Sister" as she is to "Husband".  Now that they're together and Danielle's insecurities and Garrick's insensitivities are on full display she may be changing how she acts.  All she needs is a husband and a legal US entry - Danielle only factors into that if Garrick cares about her!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder what Dannielle’s already suspicious family thinks of everything they are seeing right now?  I hope they perform an intervention and help Dannielle see that Garrick is abusive.  I mean if they cannot bring not a Brazilian bombshell Roberta to the U.S. they are going to relocate to a different country.  Why is Dannielle going to turn her whole world upside down so her creepy abusive husband can have sex with other women.  Oh this just makes me so mad!

Me, too.  I was surprised that Dannielle's brother was able to restrain from decking that abusive asshole when they were at the restaurant where they all met.  Her father, as well.  Why would you all be OK with your sister/daughter going ahead with this ridiculousness?  

• Love 6