Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E00: A New Life

Boston
  • Start Topic

(edited)
52 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire episode, but just looked at that clip, and yikes. 

Jessa does not look well at all. I know she was in the early stages of pregnancy and probably nauseous, but she seems completely dead inside. Like she knows every choice she makes sinks her further into misery but she doesn't have the confidence to go against the grain.

Joe is so weirdly pasty and greasy. I'm super pale and have to cover myself in SPF 10,000 every day, but I don't look like I've spent the last six months trapped underground. Given that he putters around for Boob, you'd think he'd have some healthy color. 

Just SCREAMING at the "pasty and greasy".  OMG.  I've been in this bunker for a year and you can bet I would be called "pasty".. not greasy.. but the legs could do with a little trimming.

Edited by Boston
  • Love 4

The Duggars celebrate Easter with several activities, including a Bible study and fun crafts. Kendra goes into labor and gives birth to her second daughter; the family get  together for an Easter brunch and meet their 20th grandchild.

Airs 3.30.21

TLC doesn't let you view early any longer unless you have Discovery+. However, I saw a review on YouTube with some clips, and it's a hot mess with lots of Surly Jessa.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Boston said:

Just SCREAMING at the "pasty and greasy".  OMG.  I've been in this bunker for a year and you can bet I would be called "pasty".. not greasy.. but the legs could do with a little trimming.

But while many if not most people have been keeping to home as much as they can during the pandemic, the Duggars have been shown on SM taking trips and making visits and generally getting on with life as usual for them. They got no excuse of having been sheltering at home, for the pasty look. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Per Jessa: “I knew that I was a difficult person to be around. I was contentious, I was selfish and self-centered.” Looks like somebody got a Word-of-the-Day calendar. And I really don't think she was self-aware to know that she was a terror because her mother made it obvious that Jessa was her favorite daughter. 

Something else that stuck out to me though was that Jessa mentioned that around age 12, she started thinking about the after life and other spiritual concerns. Correlation is not necessarily causation, but I do wonder if that cme about because of what happened to her from Josh. As has been discussed before, their culture is very much about blaming the female victim of assault, and therefore worrying about the eternal consequences for tempting a male to sin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Abby always looks over and done with it. She seems quiet and shy, but I like to think that she thinks the family are a bunch of wackos.

The family she came from is just like them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Couldn't stand to listen to this for more than a coupla seconds. But I see JB and M are back running the show. Lovely. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen. 

Who wants to see them ask the same canned, self-righteous questions over and over for a decade-plus and get the same canned answers....

I'm so sick of these guys' "struggles of conscience," which almost certainly stemmed from an unholy desire to masturbate or watch a Super Bowl halftime show.

As far as I can  see, it's the JB and M people who've made these perfectly natural feelings a "'struggle of conscience" rather than a biological need that there are many healthy ways to manage.

And if Bin hadn't had such a "struggle of conscience" he wouldn't already be long-enough married to their "hot girl" daughter for them to be heartily sick of each other and parents to three and a half kids already. 

How many people actually want to watch this nonsense, I wonder.

Just some thoughts on this clip:

Maybe JB and J'chelle should have a confab with the Lord and figure out why they are so controlling that they have to be front and center on this show that's supposed to be about their children.

I can't imagine what it's like to live in a household like this where the same ground is trod again and again, where people talk about the unrighteous desires that they had as a twelve year old and how the Lord saved them.

Jessa should not be using the past tense in describing herself as selfish and self-centered. Even for someone schooled at the SOTDRT, this is a pretty big fail.

I'm sure that within their universe it makes sense, but to hear Jessa talk about the changes she saw in her siblings when they accepted Jesus makes absolutely no sense to me. They have been yammering non-stop about Jesus in her household since before she was born. I don't know how she (or anyone) could possibly tell which time was the real, actual time that they "found Jesus."

I wonder if this was a homemade bit of content. TLC has filmed some of their religious yammering as part of an episode, but they haven't (I don't think) given over time for them to give their testimony like this. That would also explain why the lighting was so bad and everyone looked so terrible.

It was only three minutes, but it was really bad -- even for them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

I can't believe practically the whole episode is explicit religious testimony. WTF?!

They also all look TERRIBLE. They look exhausted and like they all smell like BO. I have seen like two episodes of Counting On before so maybe it's always like this, but damn.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I only ever watched one full episode of the # Kids and Counting series, but I don’t remember any of this outright Christian testimony stuff being included in the program.  Don’t they usually keep that for social media? 

I was just going to ask this. I followed 19K pretty regularly but CO only sporadically...is it just because it's Easter or have they been increasing the blatant preaching for a while? It was especially weird when the producer asked Joy about her faith helping her with child rearing.

• Love 4

Boob says what goes on the show doesn't he (or am I making things up?) Maybe they said they wouldn't do the show anymore if it wasn't more religious in nature. 

Just my thought. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Boob says what goes on the show doesn't he (or am I making things up?) Maybe they said they wouldn't do the show anymore if it wasn't more religious in nature. 

Just my thought. 

Honestly, I don't think that's how this works. JB needs TLC much more than TLC needs the Duggars.

• Love 21

Did Michelle get cheek implants or something? Something looks really off with her face. 

I’m embarrassed to admit that when I saw the episode description a few days ago (“The Duggars meet their 20th grandchild”), I was able to name all 19 that I knew of… I didn’t know that Kendra and Joe had had a third one. But just the fact that I knew I could name all of the other 19 grandkids… Kill me now.

I hope every episode from here on isn’t gonna be so Christ-y.

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

I wonder if this was produced by "Duggar Enterprises."

The production values are horrendous. the lightening is awful and everyone looks terrible. The show is super-Jesus-y.

Maybe JB thought he could have his kids produce the show (they have seen other people do it), and then sell the finished product to TLC for more money.

It's a win for him: more JB and J'chelle, more Jesus content, more money, and, of course, TOTAL CONTROL. The only downside is that it's unwatchable.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 16

Well that felt awkward. I wonder if JD and Abbie did not give a testimony or if theirs didn't make the cut.  Maybe they weren't sinful enough. Or maybe they talked about love instead of what awful sinners they were. How would anyone feel uplifted by any of those testimonies or want to have that experience or relationship?  ugh 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Um, Easter is in 5 days. Are we supposed to believe they are doing these Easter activities right now? I'm so confused.

There will be idiot Huggars who will believe that they filmed this week. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

Um, Easter is in 5 days. Are we supposed to believe they are doing these Easter activities right now? I'm so confused.

We all know the baby came long before Easter. Why are they pretending it is Easter?  Is it a sin for them to lie about the date?  They better pray for forgiveness and update their testimonies. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

I'm watching on Roku. My thoughts:

Kendra looks exhausted. She's going to put herself in an early grave if she keeps up this breeding pace.

42 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if this was produced by "Duggar Enterprises."

The production values are horrendous. the lightening is awful and everyone looks terrible. The show is super-Jesus-y.

I think it was. The camera work is horrible in addition to the lighting and none of the TLC-produced episodes are so hardcore religious.

Michelle definitely looks like she had some kind of work done. You could bounce quarters off those cheekbones. 

I wonder why none of the other older kids were in the episode? No Si and Lauren, no Jed, Jer, Jackson or James. 

The whole thing felt awkward and weird. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 3
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Kendra looks exhausted. She's going to put herself in an early grave if she keeps up this breeding pace. 

At one point Kendra says "we will have a two year old, a one year old, and a newborn" and then says something like "that's a lot." as if she was completely in the dark as to how this happened and is totally unaware that it doesn't have to be this way.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm watching on Roku. My thoughts:

I think it was. The camera work is horrible in addition to the lighting and none of the TLC-produced episodes are so hardcore religious.

Michelle definitely looks like she had some kind of work done. You could bounce quarters off those cheekbones. 

I wonder why none of the other older kids were in the episode? No So and Lauren, no Jed, Jer, Jackson or James. 

The whole thing felt awkward and weird. 

Si & Lauren have been quiet for months.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

I found this special rather enlightening. During the “came to the Lord” testimonies in the church, Jessa admitted that she was a difficult person to be around. She said she was contentious, selfish, self-centered and very impatient.  She also said that she didn’t like Jana and gave her a hard time. Ben said that he and Jessa haven’t had an easy time and that sometimes it has been very difficult. Michelle said that Jinger, John and Joe were her easiest kids. They didn’t give her any trouble.

Spurgeon is one smart kid. Wonder who he takes after. I think Henry is the best-looking Duggar grandkid.  All those little dirty fingers making the empty tombs. Yuck!

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

At one point Kendra says "we will have a two year old, a one year old, and a newborn" and then says something like "that's a lot." as if she was completely in the dark as to how this happened and is totally unaware that it doesn't have to be this way.

Kendra, you will have your 4th next year.. suck it up

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

. I think Henry is the best-looking Duggar grandkid.  

I was just thinking that. He really is a cutie.

Jessa seemed cranky in that egg dyeing scene. For someone who's such a lazy slob, I don't know why she was freaking out over a potential mess. 

I love Deviled Eggs, but wouldn't eat one made by the Duggars if you paid me. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa seemed cranky in that egg dyeing scene. For someone who's such a lazy slob, I don't know why she was freaking out over a potential mess. 

Don't you mean "yellow angel pockets?" 🙄

• LOL 20

As already mentioned the production values were so bad, everything about it. Lighting, make up, it was disjointed. The whole Easter timing was unbelievable. So many MIA for the "special".  More of Anna and she didn't look so good. Meredith is really cute. They have done lots of sucky episodes but this one takes the cake which makes me think maybe it was a "duggar production". I forgot to look at the credits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Finally, i got it.. Did you notice JBOOBS BELLY when he was holding the new baby??  YIKES!

jboob.jpg

1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

As already mentioned the production values were so bad, everything about it. Lighting, make up, it was disjointed. The whole Easter timing was unbelievable. So many MIA for the "special".  More of Anna and she didn't look so good. Meredith is really cute. They have done lots of sucky episodes but this one takes the cake which makes me think maybe it was a "duggar production". I forgot to look at the credits.

Meredith is very cute.  Anna looked pregnant.  Where was Smuggar??? lol.  I think this whole family "doth protest too much".. puke

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

Finally, i got it.. Did you notice JBOOBS BELLY when he was holding the new baby??  YIKES!

jboob.jpg

Meredith is very cute.  Anna looked pregnant.  Where was Smuggar??? lol.  I think this whole family "doth protest too much".. puke

and i was raised Cathoic.. we had to go to church (when we were young).. but we didn't recite BIBLE verses.. we came home and did the whole Easter egg thing (my dad would sit with us and dye eggs).. but that was it.  No church for me now  but i still believe (they brainwashed me - just like the Duggars - not as bad)

nm

• Love 6
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

I can't believe practically the whole episode is explicit religious testimony. WTF?!

They also all look TERRIBLE. They look exhausted and like they all smell like BO. I have seen like two episodes of Counting On before so maybe it's always like this, but damn.

Lol I agree. I doubt the Duggar’s have good hygiene. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Well that felt awkward. I wonder if JD and Abbie did not give a testimony or if theirs didn't make the cut.  Maybe they weren't sinful enough. Or maybe they talked about love instead of what awful sinners they were. How would anyone feel uplifted by any of those testimonies or want to have that experience or relationship?  ugh 

I got the distinct feeling that JD and Abby didn’t really want to be there (which made me like them even more). 

Also poor Ben, made to feel guilty about normal teenage/hormonal urges. You just know that’s what he was referring to re: how “sinful” he was at age 15. Of course he got married and tied down at 18 or 19 or whatever he was when he married Jessa!  Poor kid just needed to release all that testosterone. That said, he really does seem to enjoy being a Dad.

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Agree!  we ate all the eggs (some of them deviled - real deviled) and then the rest the next day was egg salad.  Jessa did NOT seem into it

4 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I got the distinct feeling that JD and Abby didn’t really want to be there (which made me like them even more). 

Also poor Ben, made to feel guilty about normal teenage/hormonal urges. You just know that’s what he was referring to re: how “sinful” he was at age 15. Of course he got married and tied down at 18 or 19 or whatever he was when he married Jessa!  Poor kid just needed to release all that testosterone. That said, he really does seem to enjoy being a Dad.

Ben's a weird "EGG".. - see me there?   I'm thinking he just goes with whatever is happening now.  Unfortunately, I don't think he is too happy.. but yes, I think he loves his kids.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Ok.. Abbie was there.. but where was LAUREN and WHOEVER SHE'S MARRIED TO (CAN'T REMEMBER).  Very weird people.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I watched a few minutes of this, and I was astounded by how utterly exhausted Kendra looked.  She looked like she had so little energy that she could’ve falling out of the chair, hit the floor and been happy to stay there.  I can’t remember which Duggar boy she married but if he gives a damn about Kendra, he’ll put a stop the reproduction train right now.  These people are nut jobs.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched a few minutes of this, and I was astounded by how utterly exhausted Kendra looked.  She looked like she had so little energy that she could’ve falling out of the chair, hit the floor and been happy to stay there.  I can’t remember which Duggar boy she married but if he gives a damn about Kendra, he’ll put a stop the reproduction train right now.  These people are nut jobs.

Joseph

7 minutes ago, Boston said:

Ok.. Abbie was there.. but where was LAUREN and WHOEVER SHE'S MARRIED TO (CAN'T REMEMBER).  Very weird people.

Lauren is married to Josiah 

• Love 1

Random observations:

Henry is speaking really well now.

I have thought this since the scavenger hunt episode... even though she’s a daughter-in-law, I think Kendra is JimBob’s favorite daughter now. 

If Anna isn’t pregnant, she has gained a lot of weight. This is perfectly normal after all her pregnancies and the stress of her marriage to that nasty, awful monster, but I worry for her that she will blame herself if he strays again.

I sometimes wonder if Jana might secretly be the more difficult sister out of Jana and Jessa, but she’s just less overt about it.

I wonder if there is a particular reason Josiah and Lauren didn’t participate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6