Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E00: A New Life

Boston
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It hurts down there right after the baby is pushed out even if you don't tear.  Try putting a cantaloupe into your vagina and using your pelvic muscles to push it out of there.  I guarantee you will 'feel the burn' for quite a while afterwards.

I tore and had major bleeding issues with both my boys, who inherited the larger head on my side of the family. My daughter inherited Mr Jyn's head. Almost everyone who saw her as a newborn commented that she looked like a C-section baby. She slid out after two pushes, and the next day, I was sitting up with my leg curled underneath me as usual. No burn, barely a twinge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sATL said:

My first thought was someone close passed .. When did GrandFather Dugger (JB Dad)  pass  and how old was she then? I would admit that particular episode made me a little on edge too, so I can only image if you lived it live, real time and had to deal with JB 24/7, during his grieving process

Jessa was about 16 - 17 when Grandpa Duggar passed, so I don't think it had to do with him. He died in 2009. Being 12 years old lines up with the Josh molestations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I took her cry out to mean as if it didn't happen before... or worse than before..

Did she have an epidural with the previous kids?  If she didn't have one with this baby or if it wasn't as strong as the block with her other kids; she probably did feel a whole lot more than she had before.

Sorry, I didn't watch the episode, just speculating.

5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Did she have an epidural with the previous kids?  If she didn't have one with this baby or if it wasn't as strong as the block with her other kids; she probably did feel a whole lot more than she had before.

Sorry, I didn't watch the episode, just speculating.

She's done all three natural. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's done all three natural. 

Ok, I thought she got an epidural with at least one of her others because she had a history of fainting when in pain.  Probably thinking of one of the other spouses.

Just now, doodlebug said:

Ok, I thought she got an epidural with at least one of her others because she had a history of fainting when in pain.  Probably thinking of one of the other spouses.

Yes, she's the fainter, but she's made it through all of her L&D's without incident.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

It's her 3rd Duggar baby, she hasn't noticed the big head coming out of said vagina before this one?

I think she had an epidural with the first two, so she wouldn’t have felt as much pain.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I wondered if possibly it was Ben's church they were filming in?

I thought it was possibly the church/school house where Jana and the Howlers did the renovations. The one where they did the Christmas play where JB was the donkey. The one Jed! owns in an LLC. right down the rd from the TTH.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 5
On 3/31/2021 at 7:37 AM, Boston said:

I thought the same thing about MECHELLE.. Either she lost alot of weight (which didn't look like except for the face) or.. ???? I don't know.. but i noticed that she had sunken cheekbones.

I think it was a combination of weight loss, makeup—such as it is, and her hair, which was flatter than it normally is. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

possibly the same place.

also I found it funny that Jessa and Bin have empty paper bowls under their chairs

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

They look positioned to catch the runoff in case Jessa starts leaking.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 12

Yeah, it's the same place.

I also found telling in that scene that Jessa and Ben were the only ones who were NOT affectionate with each other. Joe had his arm around Kendra, JB and Michelle held hands, and I believe Abbie had linked arms with JD.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Michelle's face looked like a bronze statue! I noticed the sparkly, dark makeup right away. It looks horrible. I also noticed her hair was flat and she has lost the "mullet" and appears to be growing out the sides and her bangs were just curled under and not poofed up in front like an 80s look. She looked better when TLC was doing her hair and makeup (if that happened?) She did not look thinner to me in her body....I think the cheeks looked that way because of the way she plastered on that awful makeup! It almost looked like she used eye shadow!?

• Love 6
(edited)

Kendra's crazy mom wants everything to be as natural as possible and is against most medical intervention. I was hoping her mother wouldn't be in the room so she could get an epidural. It's seems like Kendra's mom would be pro-homebirth, if it wasn't for Kendra's history of passing out from pain. 

I'm not sure Anna is pregnant. She may just have put on some weight.

Lauren and Si were last scene in January with Carlin for Carlin's daughter's first birthday. 

On 3/31/2021 at 7:09 PM, Nysha said:

If this was filmed right after Brooklyn's birth Joe is probably greasy from eating fast food, since we know Gothard male's are incapable of doing women's work. I think Kendra is going to have her laundry room episode sooner rather than later if she doesn't stop having a baby every 13-15 months.

Kendra has babies every 15-17 months. Hopefully she'll get more of a break this time. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Initially I thought Anna was pregnant, but now I'm not so sure. I can't see any reason for them not to announce. She may just be one of those people who carries her weight in her face and middle. 

I mean, there’s a wedding tomorrow. This is exactly the kind of thing they were due at a reception.

• Love 8

When we first saw Anna and how much weight she had gained, it was around Henry's birthday. It's now April - almost two months later. The question is does she look any different now compared to February. Of course some of the footage from this episode took place in February because that was when Brooklyn was born, but I'm not as sure about the Easter scenes. Obviously they weren't filmed during actual Easter since that has not yet happened, but it doesn't necessarily mean they were filmed in February either. It could have been sometime after that.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

When we first saw Anna and how much weight she had gained, it was around Henry's birthday. It's now April - almost two months later. The question is does she look any different now compared to February. Of course some of the footage from this episode took place in February because that was when Brooklyn was born, but I'm not as sure about the Easter scenes. Obviously they weren't filmed during actual Easter since that has not yet happened, but it doesn't necessarily mean they were filmed in February either. It could have been sometime after that.

I mean, I doubt the fake-Easter scenes were filmed super recently, since they needed time to edit and put together the episode. So at most a month to five weeks after Henry's birthday?

I didn't see the actual episode, just screenshots of Anna, but from what I saw she was wearing a baggy top, and you couldn't really see her whole body. In the birthday video she was wearing a sweater that hugged her belly more.

Birthday screenshot:

image.png.7fa6956feb3741e6fba036cef33c1b39.png

Episode screenshot:

image.png.a1215b529a099b6f43813ef731bd8ea3.png

• Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

Kendra's crazy mom wants everything to be as natural as possible and is against most medical intervention. I was hoping her mother wouldn't be in the room so she could get an epidural. It's seems like Kendra's mom would be pro-homebirth, if it wasn't for Kendra's history of passing out from pain. 

I'm not sure Anna is pregnant. She may just have put on some weight.

Lauren and Si were last scene in January with Carlin for Carlin's daughter's first birthday. 

Kendra has babies every 15-17 months. Hopefully she'll get more of a break this time. 

Speaking of which - what pain episode, prior to child birth, did Kendra develop the history of passing out ? I mean it's not like she played a sport where she broke a bone or ligament, or routinely doing something to be susceptible to injury....

I guess since this crowd is against medical intervention, I wonder if getting the covid vaccine is also a no-go. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Speaking of which - what pain episode, prior to child birth, did Kendra develop the history of passing out ? I mean it's not like she played a sport where she broke a bone or ligament, or routinely doing something to be susceptible to injury....

I guess since this crowd is against medical intervention, I wonder if getting the covid vaccine is also a no-go. 

The Caldwells are more against medical intervention than the Duggars. The Caldwells young son had a tumor and they "prayed it away". But I'm thinking none of these Fundy families will get the vaccine.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I mean, I doubt the fake-Easter scenes were filmed super recently, since they needed time to edit and put together the episode. So at most a month to five weeks after Henry's birthday?

I didn't see the actual episode, just screenshots of Anna, but from what I saw she was wearing a baggy top, and you couldn't really see her whole body. In the birthday video she was wearing a sweater that hugged her belly more.

Birthday screenshot:

image.png.7fa6956feb3741e6fba036cef33c1b39.png

Episode screenshot:

image.png.a1215b529a099b6f43813ef731bd8ea3.png

I think pregnant, just because the Duggar women don't tend to wear tight fitting tops, like the sweater Anna wore at Henry's party, unless they're pregnant. The baggy shirt could be on purpose because they were filming. Anna's face does look thinner in the second shot, though.

How/when did Anna announce the last two? Meredith was born in 2015, just a couple months after scandal #1 and maybe during scandal #2. Mason was born in 2017 and Mella in 2019.

If Anna is pregnant, other than Jessa's pregnancy, it seems the Duggars are keeping things on the down low. I'm really leaning toward them all trying to increase viewer numbers by keeping things as secretive as they can, including Justin's (actual) wedding, the Vuolo girls, Jed's wedding and possibly one or two courtships, assuming these will all be featured on future episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

You don't need a history of injuries to have a vaso-vagal response to pain or trauma. It's not a learned response, it's just an autonomic response to stimulus. Pain=passing out, that simple.

Not that Kendra isn't sweet but she is pretty simple.

• Love 7

Prior to eye surgery a few years ago, an IV was inserted in my left hand. I don’t know what was hit, but it hurt like heck, and the room started spinning, and my blood pressure dropped considerably. The bed was then positioned so my feet were higher than my head, and oxygen was given. It was very scary, even though I knew why it was happening.

No prior trauma.

It was stated Kendra has a habit of holding her breath when in pain, which can lead to passing out.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

That leopard print is not doing Anna any favors. Between that and the hair and she could pass for someone who ends up on Maury or Jerry Springer.

The second shirt is really big on her, but at least she isn't wearing a modesty shirt underneath. 

Part of me feels like Anna symbolizes the shit that is going on with the Duggars, and I feel like there is something BIG brewing underneath. That would explain the little fanfare re: the Jedding. One could argue that the Nakatsus didn't want it broadcast on TLC, which is certainly possible, but then the Nakatsus did post the engagement video on their website, so they're not completely opposed to airing their stuff on the internet.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Part of me feels like Anna symbolizes the shit that is going on with the Duggars, and I feel like there is something BIG brewing underneath. 

I agree. I'm reminded of the last episode before the Joshley scandals broke. A bunch of the siblings were sitting in a circle talking next phases of life, except Jana and Jinger were staring daggers at Josh, Anna was on the verge of tears and the atmosphere was crazy tense. I got the exact same vibe with this Easter special. 

I wonder if the results of the Homeland Security raid are about to be made public? Boob is marrying sons off at a rapid rate, and now Jana is allegedly courting? Something's up. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I'm reminded of the last episode before the Joshley scandals broke. A bunch of the siblings were sitting in a circle talking next phases of life, except Jana and Jinger were staring daggers at Josh, Anna was on the verge of tears and the atmosphere was crazy tense. I got the exact same vibe with this Easter special. 

I wonder if the results of the Homeland Security raid are about to be made public? Boob is marrying sons off at a rapid rate, and now Jana is allegedly courting? Something's up. 

I don't remember Jana and Jinger being there.

I remember the Seewalds, Anna and Josh, JB and M and Jill (Derick was home recovering from surgery). And like you said, the vibe was similar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

To be fair, wasn’t that a live episode? Films like immediately after they got the news the scandal was about to break. But yeah, it was a hostage situation for sure.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

One could argue that the Nakatsus didn't want it broadcast on TLC, which is certainly possible, but then the Nakatsus did post the engagement video on their website, so they're not completely opposed to airing their stuff on the internet.

I'm finding this really interesting too. The Duggars definitely aren't advertising, and though the Nakatsus have the weird password protected part of their website--obviously they can be secretive when they want to be--they did acknowledge the engagement in a way that I am not sure the Duggar family has. Have the Duggars ever officially confirmed anything about the Jedding marriage or engagement? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
(edited)

I snorted so loud at his claim that "every moment together has been amazing!"

Yeah you two act like every moment together being watched like hawks by your parents has been amazing. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

What happened to the episode tonight - Tue 4/6 - Does Counting on come on a different day now ?

I guess my Tuesday night isn't complete without Outdaughtered, The Blended Bunch and Counting On...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

What happened to the episode tonight - Tue 4/6 - Does Counting on come on a different day now ?

I guess my Tuesday night isn't complete without Outdaughtered, The Blended Bunch and Counting On...

This episode was a one-off. Who knows when/if(?) the show will come back?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2