Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Must Love Dogs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

A dog that means you (or another dog) harm will have his teeth clenched and lips pulled back. 

My dog used to smile. It was adorable! People who didn’t know her thought she was snarling at them. 

Clara should stop servicing Ryan, but I’m not sure she knows how to do that. It makes me wonder what Clara DOES think intimacy entails. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Erik also said he's been cheated on in every relationship he's ever been in. That's something he might want to look at. I don't think he's humble enough to do so, though.

Geeze.  I wonder why ?????? Maybe because he’s a pain in the ass, thinks he knows all about women, very critical, wants his own way, talks too much, watches everything, thinks he Gods gift, etc, etc.  Everything a woman doesn’t want.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Geeze.  I wonder why ?????? Maybe because he’s a pain in the ass, thinks he knows all about women, very critical, wants his own way, talks too much, watches everything, thinks he Gods gift, etc, etc.  Everything a woman doesn’t want.

Not to mention a guy talking to you like a scolding father does not usually bring out "sexy" feelings in most ladies.

• Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 11:10 PM, Rae Spellman said:

She seems to have never considered that her married brother is in the process of breaking the generational marriage curse.

...Who wasn't wearing a ring. 😂

• Love 2

1) Chris: Once a D-bag, always a D-bag.

1) Paige: Decent, charming woman who either has no self esteem or is playing it out for the check.  After all the disrespect and abuse she receives and swallows, I'm sooo sick of the "God has a plan for me."

Marriage: DOA

2) Virginia: Chronic anxiety on top of alcoholism.  That's a tough row to how.  Not a pleasant life to look forward to.

2) Erik: Learned nothing from his first marriage and hasn't a clue how to be a good husband.

3) Haley: Sweaty,  smarmy wench who checked out week one.

3) Jacob: Smug, supercilious lost in the 80's dude who thinks sarcasm is funny.  Needs to attend some 80's conventions to find a  chick who also hasn't evolved.

4) Clara: What you see is what you get.  Brash, sweet, funny, playful but is approaching her limit with Ryan's "trust"  bar.

4) Ryan: Seems like a decent, solid guy but has relationship issues.  Either he's a virgin or just not physically attracted to Clara's type.

Marriage: This one I thought had a good chance of making it.  Maybe Ryan is playing out the clock because he made up his mind weeks ago.

5) Briana: Sweet, funny, adorable but the baby talk voice would wear thin on me. Definitely wife material.

5) Vincent: All good except that streak of insecurity and hypersensitivity.

Marriage: Likely to succeed if Vincent can control and evolve  past his macho Latino emotions.

• Love 8
(edited)

I as just watching the show again as I didn’t see all of it.  I just saw the part where Jake & Haley are sitting on the couch and she has him by the balls (excuse the language).  She’s saying in otherwise that she will get very angry if the conversation they will have at a certain time better be to her liking, or else she’s done.  Another words, it better go her way or else, and he agrees like a little puppy. If they happen to stay together, he will be constantly be walking on egg shells around her.  She will make mince meat out of him.  She is very demanding and wants her way always.  Or else.  Lots of Luck Jake.  It  ain’t worth it if he has to change who he is for her.  Pardon the mistakes.  I typed very fast.  She just wants to have fun, fun, fun, without him disrupting her or upsetting her.  She’s either fragile or a spoiled brat.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 5:43 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The more Clara pouts about not getting any he pulls back further, she has not learned how to cultivate a relationship with him, everything Clara tries is just a way to get in his pants and Ryan knows this.

Mannnn! Clara got NO CHILL!! She can't even manage to FAKE that she doesn't want sex. If she'd back off & drop the sexual activity, he'd probably come around. The more she "non-pressures" him, the more he resists. CLASSIC!! Ugh

• Love 6

Virginia says marriage is harder than she thought.  Lol.  What did she think it was, drinking, eating out, sex, good times only?  She’s not ready for marriage.  Too young, too gullible, and too everything.  Especially with a dictator like Erik.  She is wired so tight right now over her dog.  She’ll probably drink a bottle of booze.  Shame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Sooooooo MISTAKE #1: Most participants enter their marriage with their beliefs of how it should be AND DON'T tell their spouse. That's smart. 😉 MISTAKE #2: Some spouses ONLY care about their perspective or feelings about their marriage & believe their marriage is good or bad based solely on them. Marriage is NOT a one-sided deal!! AH!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

If she'd back off & drop the sexual activity, he'd probably come around.

I disagree. Ryan’s not interested in sex with Clara, period. That’s fine, of course, but it’s *not* fine for him to string her along (I think he’s probably giving her *just enough* signs- after she gets him off every night- that keep her believing that she’s finally going to get that D the next night). I don’t care what his reasoning is for not wanting to have sex with her (whether he thinks she has an ‘intimidating’ sexual history; whether he’s turned off by her nails, her hair, her eyelashes, or her thick goopy lipstick; or whatever the reason), but I’m irritated that he’s continually pushing this “I want a strong connection first” crap. He’s trying to fool Clara, the viewing audience, and maybe even himself. If that were true, he wouldn’t be doing “everything but” every damn night. I think she wants some sign/validation from him that he’s even attracted to her so she just resorts to what she knows- pleasuring him in desperate hopes that he’ll reciprocate. I may disagree with her methods (and find it a sadly misguided), but I understand her motivation.

I hope that they don’t stay married. I can’t imagine a scenario where they can overcome this dynamic of him internalizing everything and her feeling rejected. 

Erik and Virginia, just wow. The way he talked to her was appalling to me. I think he needs serious self-reflection and therapy but I bet even when he watches this back, he won’t think anything he said or did was unreasonable. He should not be married, he should not have kids, and probably shouldn’t even have a girlfriend until he gets his condescending and domineering bs under control. He doesn’t want a give-and-take partnership. He wants a dictatorship where he’s never wrong, never has to reflect, and never has to apologize. What he says goes. Please stick to just being a dog owner, Erik. You are not ready for anything beyond that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, havarti said:

I disagree. Ryan’s not interested in sex with Clara, period. That’s fine, of course, but it’s *not* fine for him to string her along (I think he’s probably giving her *just enough* signs- after she gets him off every night- that keep her believing that she’s finally going to get that D the next night). I don’t care what his reasoning is for not wanting to have sex with her (whether he thinks she has an ‘intimidating’ sexual history; whether he’s turned off by her nails, her hair, her eyelashes, or her thick goopy lipstick; or whatever the reason), but I’m irritated that he’s continually pushing this “I want a strong connection first” crap. He’s trying to fool Clara, the viewing audience, and maybe even himself. If that were true, he wouldn’t be doing “everything but” every damn night. I think she wants some sign/validation from him that he’s even attracted to her so she just resorts to what she knows- pleasuring him in desperate hopes that he’ll reciprocate. I may disagree with her methods (and find it a sadly misguided), but I understand her motivation.

I hope that they don’t stay married. I can’t imagine a scenario where they can overcome this dynamic of him internalizing everything and her feeling rejected. 

Erik and Virginia, just wow. The way he talked to her was appalling to me. I think he needs serious self-reflection and therapy but I bet even when he watches this back, he won’t think anything he said or did was unreasonable. He should not be married, he should not have kids, and probably shouldn’t even have a girlfriend until he gets his condescending and domineering bs under control. He doesn’t want a give-and-take partnership. He wants a dictatorship where he’s never wrong, never has to reflect, and never has to apologize. What he says goes. Please stick to just being a dog owner, Erik. You are not ready for anything beyond that.

Clara said something about only having sex three times a year in her last relationship. For someone with a pretty strong sexual drive, she seems to be attracted to men who do not want to have sex with her. 

This could be why she seems so tightly wound up.

What bothers me is that their can be a lot done to satisfy Clara sexual needs that actually are not intercourse related. She has stated many times that she is very sexually frustrated and satisfies HIS needs every night. Ryan seem to either not care or just enjoys having this power to toy with her in this manner.

She also needs to back off because she is coming off even more desperate than Paige at this point.

I could not believe it when Paige said she thought Chris was the perfect husband for her on "paper".

Really?

This lying, cheating, unprotected sex having grifter is your perfect husband? I expect a woman who is smart enough to be an accountant to be sharper in smelling a fraud.

Brianna and Vincent are adorable. I hope Brianna understands that she might have to be the made breadwinner in the family until Vincent's business gets off the ground (particularly during a pandemic). I hope Vincent will not let Brianna's education and accomplishments feed into his insecurity. They both seem very happy together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lindz said:

YIKES!! Erik was WORSE off camera. He yelled at her to get away from him & berated her over her actions. Very bad... Toxic... True colors? 😱😨

This truly seems like a match made in HELL!!! 

With that said, my bet is that they will opt to "stay married" on DD. 

That's the unfortunate nature of mixing reality TV considerations with the lives of participants who are clearly at a disadvantage trying to mesh their best interests with what is best for the show's ratings.

• Love 2

Drunk Erik is practically an incoherent mess. Virginia is an annoying drunk mess. Arguing drunk messes are an especially bad look. She dismissed his complaint about her being missing at the bar. They already can't handle those things sober. All they do is argue their point. If he's so mature, he should see how alcohol makes him messy & cut back. She's dragging him down in that way. He's exploiting her immaturity to manipulate her into doing whatever he wants if she wants to stay married, neglecting her needs. Toxic. 😞

• Love 4
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

What bothers me is that their can be a lot done to satisfy Clara sexual needs that actually are not intercourse related. She has stated many times that she is very sexually frustrated and satisfies HIS needs every night. Ryan seem to either not care or just enjoys having this power to toy with her in this manner.

Maybe she needs some of that stuff they give to servicemen.  What’s it called .. “Salt Peter” or whatever?  Supposidely takes the drive away.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Drunk Erik is practically an incoherent mess. Virginia is an annoying drunk mess. Arguing drunk messes are an especially bad look. She dismissed his complaint about her being missing at the bar. They already can't handle those things sober. All they do is argue their point. If he's so mature, he should see how alcohol makes him messy & cut back. She's dragging him down in that way. He's exploiting her immaturity to manipulate her into doing whatever he wants if she wants to stay married, neglecting her needs. Toxic. 😞

They remind me of that Elizabeth Taylor - Richard Burton movie where they both drink and argue.

• Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 6:19 PM, karenbrady said:

Good Blacks???

Yeah.  That has been the narrative. I am not saying the narrative is correct.  Is he a corporate guy or a BLM guy? I cant figure this guy out, but he seems really guarded and wont tell Clara the real reason for not having sex with her.

• Love 1
On 3/31/2021 at 8:43 PM, Chalby said:

I think the word "protect" is a trigger for me because I have seen a couple of my friends slowly lose their independence in the name of their boyfriend "protecting" them. A specific example: I used to go jogging with a friend every night at 6:30 until one week when she could no longer run because her husband didn't feel it was safe for us.  He felt it was too dark at night because we were heading into fall/winter. Imagine, she ran every night before she met him and she survived and thrived. She insisted she needed to run but he flat out said no because if she was abducted he would never forgive himself for not protecting her. If she needed to run that. So I view Eric's protection spiel as just a crock.

I grew up in a very religious tradition where women had to cover their head, couldnt do things when they had periods, and were not allowed to talk to men they were not married to, and it wasnt Islam. Protecting women was the main phrase they used.  Polygemy was allowed in order to, "protect women". But only for men.  Women could not have multiple husbands. Women were ordered what to do by men.   For the sake of their protection.  This is where I see Eric going.  VA has alcohol problems but he should be compassionate towards her and try to understand what the root of her anxiety is that makes her drink? Maybe he can help his wife, instead of gaslighting her. That would be more interesting and useful instead of being the controlling husband. Does he think women should serve men?

• Love 5
On 4/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, Ilovepie said:

Ok, gonna vomit out my thoughts, so apologies if any of this has already been stated:

Forget decision day: For three of these couples a decision has already been made and there is no drama there worth discussing. Chris and Paige and Jake and Haley can just get gone. They are done. And Vincent and Brianna are the obvious yes couple. This proves why there needs to be some iffy couples - they are a great couple, but it's not great tv. Reminds me of Jessica & Austin. ZZZZ......

Erik and Virginia. Wow. He is a condescending, patronizing prick and she is a damaged little girl who self medicates with alcohol. This feels extremely toxic. I don't like watching this anymore. And what goes on with him? Was this opposite week because VA seemed sober and Erik seemed high or drunk. I feel like there was a lot edited out of those conversations and yelling sessions. He keeps saying "you can do whatever you want" but then he is demanding and telling her how she should act because "we're married!". Just no. And what the hell was all the drama over the damn dog???? She acknowledges that he needs training, Erik says he'll take care of it. Where is the problem? Enough already!

Ryan and Clara. Oh my lord, he needs to get a clue. In the words of MTV's Real World - these two need to stop being polite and start getting real. He is going to be shocked when he sees this show because he thinks everything is great and she so clearly does not. Why is she censoring herself? I think they both are in some ways. Why is she talking to the experts, the other girls and the camera about her sex frustrations but not him? I wonder what would happen if he just went ahead and had sex with her. Would that solve all her problems? Somehow I don't think so......

All the dogs FTW. I did laugh when they showed all the dog dads gushing over their wife's dogs and then that asshat Chris saying "IDGAF about Bentley." Still no idea how this garbage human made it onto this show......

Astute observations. I think VA is consciously trying not to drink and is going through some heavy withdrawals.  Good on her.  I think she probably drinks 1-2 drinks now instead of getting wicked wasted. I dont think those drinks are enough to even give her a buzz, and she is struggling with it.  But she is doing the right thing.  I dont think it is Erik's job to deal with an alcoholic.  But he should try to be compassionate and helpful.  Its going to take her a month to detox. I like VA; she just needs to deal with her issues.  If Clara is giving Ryan BJs, he is being selfish for not reciprocating. He needs a therapist too.  I think they all do, except Bri. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lindz said:

It's HILARIOUS when people who don't look it say they're into health & fitness. Really Vincent?? We can't tell. At. All. 😅😂

By way of "introduction" I lost 100 lbs 15 yrs ago and have kept it off by living by the "bible" of health and fitness.  I never deviate.  I eat what I eat and eat NOTHING I believe will harm me in any way.  I am the "boss" of everything I put in my mouth.  I consume no alcohol or caffeine and basically eat good, unprocessed food.

Also, I married and lived in the Caribbean for several years.  I stayed with my husband for over 20 years and am now blessedly and blissfully divorced.

I am very sensitive to "weight issues" and, truth be told, the FIRST thing I automatically see when I meet a person is their weight and their eating patterns.  Of course, this is in a most unobtrusive way.  As I was weight  "shamed" unmercifully during much of my life I am also very sensitive to "shaming" people due to weight issues.  I also have an advanced degree in "Addiction Studies" that I practiced in a career spanning 30 years.

OK...regarding Vincent, I noticed that he is quite sensitive to a lot of things, most especially his "dignity", his lack of education, his manliness, his financial prowess, and, yes, his weight. 

I noticed that when they were on that (very costly) honeymoon celebration, Vincent''s  clothing (especially what I thought was a custom-made blazer), beautiful trousers and expensive shoes (I can't help it with the wardrobe assessments...please indulge me!).  The clothes were tight on him and he seemed self-conscious about it.  There's a certain way a person moves (ask me, I'll tell you) when an outfit is too small because of recent weight gain.  Even in the salsa dancing episode, Vinny made mention of his sour mood being partly caused by weight gain.

In his sales work, my assumption is that he eats MANY rich meals out in expensive restaurants and drinks freely.  If he thinks that an occasional bike ride will offset that pattern of socializing, he's sadly mistaken.

Of course, the fact that Brianna is so slender also bears on Vincent's weight consciousness as she MAY be one of those people (I don't know but my father was one) who burns up calories as they eat, regardless of what they eat.

In the matter of cultural differences between Brianna and Vincent, I can only offer the fact that my husband and I moved back to the USA early in our marriage (before we had children) and awareness of "differences" were really inconsequential in those days.  It was more or less him having to get a graduate education and then earn a living to the extent  it would mimic the economic success of my parents. 

He had certain flaws that prevented the marriage from working and, yes, financial success was something he never could sustain.   I wound up trying to "fix, rescue and caretake" him and that's never a recipe for marital success (in MY case). 

If Vinnie can earn a consistent living (to support the luxury lifestyle he constantly refers to) and defer to Brianna's cultural norms as equally as he expects her to defer to his, then I think the marriage has a great chance to succeed.  If those factors don't occur, their marriage will probably suffer, just like mine did.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, Spectator said:

As much as I feel for Clara and her unfulfilled sexual needs, I catch myself in my own double standard perspective all the time with these two. I can’t help but think that if the roles were reversed and Ryan were the one gunning for sex all the time and he were the one who was recorded on film aggressively complaining to all his friends about how Clara wouldn’t give it up, I wouldn’t be liking him all that much. I wouldn’t be liking him at all, in fact. And I might even be afraid that he had some rather concerning anger issues. I feel like Clara is given a lot more latitude to express her frustrations simply because she is a woman, which really isn’t fair. 

I have to remind myself that no one should be pressured into having sex, ever, but especially in this weird MAFS set up where the parties involved don’t even select their own partners. Participants should never feel obligated to have sex because some supposed “experts” paired them up and said “GO”. That would essentially make the experts pimps. Lol. 

So I’m supportive of Ryan if he wants to wait. The trick, I think, is that he needs to communicate his feelings with Clara regularly and reassure her in other ways that he is attracted to her, he enjoys her company, he loves her personality, etc. otherwise her feelings of rejection could take hold and really weigh on the relationship.

I wish them the best. I’m very hopeful they will work things out. 

This IS fair.  If a man and a woman go out on a date, who does Society say should make the first move? Is that fair? Ryan is not waiting.  He is getting BJ and whatnot from Clara.  That is not considered waiting.  I dont get the loophole thing.  Mormons have the "soaking" loophole. But Ryan is not a Mormon. They are already having sex, just not fully.  Does he think he is too good to have sex with Clara?  Beth didnt have a filter either, but Jaime was able to make that work and she started to tone things down.

• Love 4
On 4/1/2021 at 8:35 PM, pdlinda said:

The foot-long false eyelashes did her no favors either....

DITTO!!  It's called "denial and delusion."  

I still also insist that Clara looks much older than he does and I do NOT get any romantic vibe from him toward her.  NONE....

I think you nailed it.  Its not that he wont have sex with her.  He is not even trying to be sweet and romantic with Clara, like Vinny is with Bri.  And He needs to be honest with Clara about why he refuses to have sex with her.  If it is because she has no filter, he needs to tell her this. Right now he sounds like Zack.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Astute observations. I think VA is consciously trying not to drink and is going through some heavy withdrawals.  Good on her.  I think she probably drinks 1-2 drinks now instead of getting wicked wasted. I dont think those drinks are enough to even give her a buzz, and she is struggling with it.  But she is doing the right thing.  I dont think it is Erik's job to deal with an alcoholic.  But he should try to be compassionate and helpful.  Its going to take her a month to detox. I like VA; she just needs to deal with her issues.  If Clara is giving Ryan BJs, he is being selfish for not reciprocating. He needs a therapist too.  I think they all do, except Bri. 

Did anyone ever notice Virginia has that water bottle that you can’t see thru with her wherever she goes?  There might be liquor in them.  I think she needs a steady flow.  The girl is shaking and figity and jumpy all the time.  She needs a complete physical pronto as she is suffering.  Marrying Erik doesn’t help matters either.  He’s making her worse and I feel bad for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

If anyone doesn’t get why Jake loves the eighties, the music was great.  Just listen to the Soundtrack of “Flashdance” and the song “Lady, Lady, Lady”.  You will see why, especially with headphones.  It makes you fall in love again.  It’s on u-tube.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
On 4/1/2021 at 6:07 PM, TzuShih said:

Re Jake and Haley.....  While I do snicker at Jake's low-key humor... in this episode, Haley made a pretty astute observation that has been bothering me for awhile.   In most of their filmed bits together, I've become aware that Jake seems to lack basic curiosity as to anything that 'makes Haley tick' -- he seems to display little interest in WHO she really is --- from her family history to her fascination with world travel and stories she would obviously love to share.  (A part of me wonders if Jake feels that Haley's worldly experiences make him feel 'minimalized' due to his own more limited travels.  I seem to recall their wedding day 'champagne-pop' discourse when Haley shared her love of traveling and Jake quickly countered with something about "not having a passport."  Sadly, their ability to communicate seems to terminate any of the 'fun' times they attempt to share...even as just 'friends.'

Oh Jake. I believe he does the bare minimum cuz he knows she's just playing to the cameras & they're getting divorced. WHY BOTHER??? He doesn't need to waste ANY of his time learning ANYTHING about her!! He's just gunna do whatever he feels like to get whatever entertainment he can out of it. They're each doing their own thing til D Day. I think Jake would rather do it solo & not fake, so he gets pissy sometimes. 😅 Like I said a few episodes back, I think they want the other to quit for them so they're not the failure. Idk why he won't, but at least he's not faking with her. I appreciate his honesty.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If anyone doesn’t get why Jake loves the eighties, the music was great.  Just listen to the Soundtrack of “Flashdance” and the song “Lady, Lady, Lady”.  You will see why, especially with headphones.  It makes you fall in love again.  It’s on u-tube.

The music is precisely why I love the 80's along with my collection of 80's exercise VHS tapes that I exercise to.  Flashdance is my all time favorite movie- I love the soundtrack and I have watched Flashdance at least 20 times.  Michael Nouri was such a dreamboat in that movie.  Music in the 80's was incredibly catchy, inventive and really heartfelt and charismatic whereas these days music is autotuned, lacks any creativity or authenticity and is completely trashy and tasteless.   I relate very much to Jacob in terms of his eccentric love for 80's pop culture.  Jacob might get a lot of flack for being "weird" and obsessed with the 80's, but frankly he is the only one on this show who is memorable and has a unique personality/set of interests. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Oh Jake. I believe he does the bare minimum cuz he knows she's just playing to the cameras & they're getting divorced. WHY BOTHER??? He doesn't need to waste ANY of his time learning ANYTHING about her!! He's just gunna do whatever he feels like to get whatever entertainment he can out of it. They're each doing their own thing til D Day. I think Jake would rather do it solo & not fake, so he gets pissy sometimes. 😅 Like I said a few episodes back, I think they want the other to quit for them so they're not the failure. Idk why he won't, but at least he's not faking with her. I appreciate his honesty.

I agree with everything you said.  Why bother is right.  It’s over, and no use trying anymore.  Besides, why all the talk about Jake?  All I see is her complaining or crying or leaving him alone.  Just because she’s traveled, doesn’t make her interesting.  She makes fun of his 80’s.  He should make fun of I don’t know what, as I know nothing about her except coming on this show to find a man and has traveled, which by the way may not interest anyone.  So she went to Thailand.  I frequented New York City, Capital of the world.  Anyone want to hear about my adventures?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

The music is precisely why I love the 80's along with my collection of 80's exercise VHS tapes that I exercise to.  Flashdance is my all time favorite movie- I love the soundtrack and I have watched Flashdance at least 20 times.  Michael Nouri was such a dreamboat in that movie.  Music in the 80's was incredibly catchy, inventive and really heartfelt and charismatic whereas these days music is autotuned, lacks any creativity or authenticity and is completely trashy and tasteless.   I relate very much to Jacob in terms of his eccentric love for 80's pop culture.  Jacob might get a lot of flack for being "weird" and obsessed with the 80's, but frankly he is the only one on this show who is memorable and has a unique personality/set of interests. 

What bothers me is I have a zillion cd’s ranging from Opera to pop, etc.  I played them in my car all the time.  Now, they don’t have a CD player in the new cars.  I’m so pissed.  I can only play them on my old zoom box in the house.  Or, I listen to my music on my I pad.  Any ideas?  What are we supposed to do with our cd’s?  P.S.   loved Michael Nouri in the movie.  I watch it all the time.  Sexy.  And Jennifer Beals eating the lobster, lol.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1

So Paige & Hypochris are finally done because HE quit?? Right. Paige's idea of marriage was totally off. She gave him all her power when all he'd done was show up to the wedding & sign the marriage license. No one's supposed to do that, regardless. 😂 I think there must be a happy medium for these instant marriages. They can't just jump in & "act married" cuz they're married. They still have to ease into it & build to really being married. I think the husbands still need the challenge of winning over their wife. It must be so weird taking that element out of it. Some husbands still rise to the occasion, so that's good. The 1st place they should start is what marriage means to them, what it looks like, & how they'll accomplish that.

• Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, Ilovepie said:

I completely second this, and agree that if the roles were reversed we would be calling Ryan a creep. Instead, she's getting a pass and everyone is questioning if he's a virgin.  They have only known each other a matter of weeks under weird circumstances. I think if he didn't care about her he would have just jumped in the sack. I think he's hyper aware he hasn't ever told anyone he loves them, and he knows that it's necessary this time because a wife is certainly going to expect you to love them. Clara even quantified it for him - he has six months to "get there". I think he's trying to find the love before the sex so he doesn't confuse the two, and if she really wanted this to work, she needs give him at least this time to figure it out. It's not that long. I am sure Clara can take care of her own sexual needs for the time being if she so desires.....

And I'm not getting into whatever is going down (apparently it's Clara) with them in the bedroom. There's a solution there - stop doing it if he isn't reciprocating!

And I don’t know why she would even talk about THAT on National t.v. Or any place for that matter.  Yikes.  My husband got red in the face when he saw Clara talk about that, and looked embarrassed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What bothers me is I have a zillion cd’s ranging from Opera to pop, etc.  I played them in my car all the time.  Now, they don’t have a CD player in the new cars.  I’m so pissed.  I can only play them on my old zoom box in the house.  Or, I listen to my music on my I pad.  Any ideas?  What are we supposed to do with our cd’s?  P.S.   loved Michael Nouri in the movie.  I watch it all the time.  Sexy.  And Jennifer Beals eating the lobster, lol.

Apple Car Play!!
I was a teenager in the 80s.  It was awful, people were encouraged to be mean.  See:all the movies of the times like Breakfast Club, etc.  Being mean was cool. As an introverted smart teen, it was hell lol. 
I like Jake.  I think he won’t have ANY problems finding someone after he’s been on tv. 
I agree with the poster who said Vinny moves like he’s uncomfortable in his clothes that are just a little too small.  It would make me crabby too. 
As for Clara, it would be no bueno to me or my friends and family if my spouse was on tv blabbing about the lack of sex.  I too cringe. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wonder. Did any couples have "dates" since they returned to Atl, BEFORE the monthaversary? Strange if they didn't. Is the sham re-commitment next week? I was hoping they finally cut that crap.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Precisely why I am still driving my 2007 Camry with its 6-CD changer!

Ryan: Is using Clara. End of story. There is "no path forward" from the service she's providing, neither emotionally nor even sexually. She's  just a Lewinsky in the night. 

Erik: The Pilot. End of story, Pt. 2. Makes the decisions because he's responsible for all Souls on Board, some of whom might be younger and drunker, but that only strengthens his resolve to "protect."

Vincent: Champagne taste, proverbial beer pocketbook. He feels inferior to Brianna, to whom he is attracted. Will love conquer their future spats over finances and career trajectories? 

Chris: God bless the child. His future child, not Chris the temperamental man-child. I'll be honest witch you, there's no "there" there, yo. 

Jacob: He's the pot, but Haley isn't the lid. End of story, Pt. 3. Jake must be very disappointed with the experts, for he couldn't have been any more specific as to his own interests. He expected them to find his "lid." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clara: Does she want love within a marriage? Or does she simply want an itch scratched? Living down to "Coffee, tea, or me?" 

Virginia: Could do with a two-pronged de-tox program, one de-tox from her alcohol dependency, and the other from her old man. Take her from the Pilot.

Brianna: Engineers know from mathematics. Only Brianna can determine if she and "Don't  Say 'That’s So' " Vinny add up to a sum greater than its parts. 

Paige: Needs to take a page or two, not from the Good Book but from "He's Just Not That Into You." My IQ drops 10 points whenever she is shown. Soon I'll be Charlie from "Flowers For Algernon."

Haley: I wish I had a "comet" pun.... Maybe that she'll want to be in Jake's orbit again in about 40 years? 

Is it Wednesday yet?!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, Empress1 said:

I don’t recall. If her seat is too low & she sticks with riding, her knees will let her know soon enough.

Is Virginia hot? I think she and Erik are pretty evenly matched in terms of attractiveness (both average, IMO). The main difference between them to me is that Virginia always looks a little unkempt to me (there were a lot of scenes this episode where I was thinking that her hair needed brushing) and Erik looks more buttoned-up. Of all the women, Virginia appears to take the least care re: her appearance and dresses the most casually.

ETA: jinx, @Shauna

Erik’s first wife was WAAAAAAYY prettier than Virginia. She was beautiful! Virginia is a downgrade for sure in terms of appearance. But, Erik is no hot prize. I think they are evenly matched in terms of looks. I just wish Virginia would take better care of herself and stop drinking. It would do wonders for her skin alone!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

And I don’t know why she would even talk about THAT on National t.v. Or any place for that matter.  Yikes.  My husband got red in the face when he saw Clara talk about that, and looked embarrassed.

Clara mentioned she gets Ryan off every night but did she mention if he’s doing the same to her? I’m assuming this is oral or just hand job but I’m confused as to why it seems like he’s not reciprocating that back to her?? That seems very odd and selfish on his part. He’s totally neglecting her needs. Even if he isn’t ready for intercourse, if she is getting him off in some way he should do the same back to her. It’s making me wonder if he’s a bad lover or what the deal is with that. I think I would be frustrated too in her position tbh. They are married. They should be intimate. She’s ready, he’s obviously ready enough to pop off every night via her hand or mouth so what’s the hang up???

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Precisely why I am still driving my 2007 Camry with its 6-CD changer!

Ryan: Is using Clara. End of story. There is "no path forward" from the service she's providing, neither emotionally nor even sexually. She's  just a Lewinsky in the night. 

Erik: The Pilot. End of story, Pt. 2. Makes the decisions because he's responsible for all Souls on Board, some of whom might be younger and drunker, but that only strengthens his resolve to "protect."

Vincent: Champagne taste, proverbial beer pocketbook. He feels inferior to Brianna, to whom he is attracted. Will love conquer their future spats over finances and career trajectories? 

Chris: God bless the child. His future child, not Chris the temperamental man-child. I'll be honest witch you, there's no "there" there, yo. 

Jacob: He's the pot, but Haley isn't the lid. End of story, Pt. 3. Jake must be very disappointed with the experts, for he couldn't have been any more specific as to his own interests. He expected them to find his "lid." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clara: Does she want love within a marriage? Or does she simply want an itch scratched? Living down to "Coffee, tea, or me?" 

Virginia: Could do with a two-pronged de-tox program, one de-tox from her alcohol dependency, and the other from her old man. Take her from the Pilot.

Brianna: Engineers know from mathematics. Only Brianna can determine if she and "Don't  Say 'That’s So' " Vinny add up to a sum greater than its parts. 

Paige: Needs to take a page or two, not from the Good Book but from "He's Just Not That Into You." My IQ drops 10 points whenever she is shown. Soon I'll be Charlie from "Flowers For Algernon."

Haley: I wish I had a "comet" pun.... Maybe that she'll want to be in Jake's orbit again in about 40 years? 

Is it Wednesday yet?!

Great post! I laughed hard all through out!  "Lewinsky in the night" 🤣 and your "Flowers for Algernon" reference 🤣!  Paige definitely needs a copy of "He's Just Not That Into You"- I love that book and it really rings true to dating situations.  Major points for keeping the great 2007 Camry- that car can't be beat and the CD player is such a nice bonus.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Now, they don’t have a CD player in the new cars.  I’m so pissed.  I can only play them on my old zoom box in the house.  Or, I listen to my music on my I pad.  Any ideas?  What are we supposed to do with our cd’s

I bought a portable CD player (like an old Walkman) and plug it in to my car. Or you could record a bunch and put them on a thumb drive and play in your car.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anyone else sick of the “ I got married at first sight because ....” every 10 minutes and every episode . It’s just overkill . I’m waiting for someone to say “ I got married at first sight because I want more Instagram followers .” For many , that’s the real reason . 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

I'm in the same boat with my CD's and cassette tapes 🙂! I looked on Amazon.com searching different guesses for the name and I found a device called a portable Bluetooth CD player that can somehow connect to a car wirelessly through Bluetooth or internet  technology.  I'm not very clear about modern technology or its terms, but the search term on Amazon that I found most useful would be "portable blue tooth cd player for car".  Michael Nouri was definitely sexy in that movie- those curls, that tan, his strong build and smile.  I always laugh at the Jennifer Beals lobster eating scene- so suggestive and flirty, I wonder if they had to do multiple takes or started laughing during filming that scene! 

• Love 2

I was so bored with this episode!  First time ever   I’ve watched since the beginning of Married At First Sight and this was a real snooze fest!

They just keep repeating the same old problems. I did notice we’re getting a peak at behind the scenes arguments!

Clair stop pleasing him!  He’s Just Not That Into You!

Jacob go home. She doesn’t like you!

Paige your brother makes more sense than anybody else on this show!  Listen and learn grasshopper!

Virginia that’s a hard no!  You didn’t hit the jackpot!

Theres reasons these people couldn’t find themselves a mate!  Nobody’s perfect!!!  Lol

• Love 6

What bothers me is I have a zillion cd’s ranging from Opera to pop, etc.  I played them in my car all the time.  Now, they don’t have a CD player in the new cars.

OMG I feel your pain! I recently bought a newer car. No CD player, No XM radio option! The younger salesman looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him where the CD player was! Now you have to have playlists on your phone and then figure out how to transfer to your car. I can't figure it out. 

14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Apple Car Play!!

What if you use Android? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

On 4/1/2021 at 2:05 PM, Devvie said:

He cannot make conversation (that Thai "conversation" was a huge wince). She has to ask him to ask her a question.  

Jake does creep me out, but deep down I think he is a nice enough guy.  I hope that he watches the Thai conversation and realizes that he has a problem in communication, and gets some kind of help for it, whether it's professional or just having practice conversations with friends.  In fact, since he does have friends, it would be most interesting to get their take on this -- does he have this problem with them, and they have just adapted that he won't ask about them and they'll only talk about him?  Or is this how he is until he gets to know someone better?  Or is it something about interacting with the opposite sex when he is not just in a friendship mode?  And while he's getting help, he really should explore the hurt he has experienced from previous relationships and how it has affected him...for example, his concluding that Haley must have a boyfriend that she was contacting on the honeymoon and how poorly he spun the conversation from there.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

OMG I feel your pain! I recently bought a newer car. No CD player, No XM radio option! The younger salesman looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him where the CD player was! Now you have to have playlists on your phone and then figure out how to transfer to your car. I can't figure it out. 

What if you use Android? 

OMG .. I can’t even start talking about my I phone.  That’s another story, lol.  And playlists, hahaha, wtf?  My brain does the minimal these days, and I don’t care.  Why couldn’t they just make the cars with a CD player?  Not everyone that buy cars is young and knows this stuff.  we just bought a new Kia SUV with all the bells & whistles yesterday.  No CD player.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2