Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Must Love Dogs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I bought a portable CD player (like an old Walkman) and plug it in to my car. Or you could record a bunch and put them on a thumb drive and play in your car.

Thanks .. now I have some options.  Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'm in the same boat with my CD's and cassette tapes 🙂! I looked on Amazon.com searching different guesses for the name and I found a device called a portable Bluetooth CD player that can somehow connect to a car wirelessly through Bluetooth or internet  technology.  I'm not very clear about modern technology or its terms, but the search term on Amazon that I found most useful would be "portable blue tooth cd player for car".  Michael Nouri was definitely sexy in that movie- those curls, that tan, his strong build and smile.  I always laugh at the Jennifer Beals lobster eating scene- so suggestive and flirty, I wonder if they had to do multiple takes or started laughing during filming that scene! 

Haha .. then she puts her pretty sexy stocking foot on his you know what under the table.  Priceless.  I wish I was that young again to try these things.  My husband would probably say “what the hell are you doing”,  lol.

2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'm in the same boat with my CD's and cassette tapes 🙂! I looked on Amazon.com searching different guesses for the name and I found a device called a portable Bluetooth CD player that can somehow connect to a car wirelessly through Bluetooth or internet  technology.  I'm not very clear about modern technology or its terms, but the search term on Amazon that I found most useful would be "portable blue tooth cd player for car".  Michael Nouri was definitely sexy in that movie- those curls, that tan, his strong build and smile.  I always laugh at the Jennifer Beals lobster eating scene- so suggestive and flirty, I wonder if they had to do multiple takes or started laughing during filming that scene! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Great post! I laughed hard all through out!  "Lewinsky in the night" 🤣 and your "Flowers for Algernon" reference 🤣!  Paige definitely needs a copy of "He's Just Not That Into You"- I love that book and it really rings true to dating situations.  Major points for keeping the great 2007 Camry- that car can't be beat and the CD player is such a nice bonus.  

DITTO!  100%!!  Lenny's post was GOLD!!  Still laughing and shaking my head YES to everything he wrote!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Clara mentioned she gets Ryan off every night but did she mention if he’s doing the same to her? I’m assuming this is oral or just hand job but I’m confused as to why it seems like he’s not reciprocating that back to her?? That seems very odd and selfish on his part. He’s totally neglecting her needs. Even if he isn’t ready for intercourse, if she is getting him off in some way he should do the same back to her. It’s making me wonder if he’s a bad lover or what the deal is with that. I think I would be frustrated too in her position tbh. They are married. They should be intimate. She’s ready, he’s obviously ready enough to pop off every night via her hand or mouth so what’s the hang up???

Maybe he doesn’t know where she has been and with who and how many?

19 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

DITTO!  100%!!  Lenny's post was GOLD!!  Still laughing and shaking my head YES to everything he wrote!

• Love 1

I think that Clara blew her chances with Ryan when she went into extreme detail with him about her sexual history.  I think that Ryan is pretty tight laced and he doesn't want to compete mentally or sexually with the skills of her previous bed fellows.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree to the above post.  BTW, Lenny is a girl.  I didnt know either until recently.

OMG!!  Sorry for the gender assumption!  Thanks for clearing that up!  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think that Clara blew her chances with Ryan when she went into extreme detail with him about her sexual history.  I think that Ryan is pretty tight laced and he doesn't want to compete mentally or sexually with the skills of her previous bed fellows.  

After Blabbermouth told Ryan about her sexcapades, maybe he wants her to get tested for everything.  That is “ if “ he stays with her.  We will see in the end.  She is a flight attendant and has been to many places and probably been with many men.  Plus, he probably feels stupid that the whole world knows.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

After Blabbermouth told Ryan about her sexcapades, maybe he wants her to get tested for everything.  

I'd be pretty sure that in this day and age, testing is part of the screening that the show requires...

• Love 3
On 4/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, Gator Stud said:

VA has alcohol problems but he should be compassionate towards her and try to understand what the root of her anxiety is that makes her drink? Maybe he can help his wife, instead of gaslighting her. That would be more interesting and useful instead of being the controlling husband. Does he think women should serve men?

Maybe it's what he SHOULD do - but he has only know her for a month and I don't think he know what he's gotten into.  It seems like he is going out to bars and drinking too much just to hang with her and make her happy - that's not what the spouse of an actual alcoholic does.  Not that I'm actually calling her an alcoholic, but she's close enough, and he doesn't really know her, and I'm betting they have fun casual times together that we don't see, plus he's sexually attracted to her and enjoying that aspect of their relationship.  IF this show was about making real matches - no one should have been matched with a woman who feels that the most important part of her life is going out and getting her drink on.  She should not have been matched with anyone.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Maybe he doesn’t know where she has been and with who and how many?

Then he shouldn’t want her mouth on him. It’s rude and weird that she’s getting him off and not receiving any reciprocal pleasure herself from him. It’s super selfish. If he can take it he should give it back. Just my opinion. 

• Love 14

I think Erik and Virginia are locked into a polarizing spiral where each person is bringing out the worst in the other.  

Try to imagine Erik with Hailey. I really doubt he would be acting the way he is with Virginia at all. 

In the case of Virginia's dog, I wish Erik had been able to shift the whole conversation and suggest they go to a dog training class together for both dogs. I think Virginia would have been open to it and it would have given them some common ground. I think it could have been a very productive way to shift the pattern they've gotten stuck in.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

100% agree. Maybe you could go to a car stereo shop or electronics store, pick out a stereo with CD player/6 CD changer, and have them install it. I did this with a new vehicle and speakers that just wouldn’t play my 70s & 80s tunes loud enough 😂

Thanks for the info.  I’ll check it out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyTwoCents said:

100% agree. Maybe you could go to a car stereo shop or electronics store, pick out a stereo with CD player/6 CD changer, and have them install it. I did this with a new vehicle and speakers that just wouldn’t play my 70s & 80s tunes loud enough 😂

That is a fantastic idea! I didn't think of that possibility- I'm going to do that when I get my own car some day.  Keep rocking those 70's and 80's tunes on and off the road!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

That is a fantastic idea! I didn't think of that possibility- I'm going to do that when I get my own car some day.  Keep rocking those 70's and 80's tunes on and off the road!

And Elvis, lol.  Luv, luv him and all his songs.  Timeless.  And Brenda Lee.  “Losing You” & “the End of the World”.  Beautiful.   Sorry, I can go on and on.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, princelina said:

Maybe it's what he SHOULD do - but he has only know her for a month and I don't think he know what he's gotten into.  It seems like he is going out to bars and drinking too much just to hang with her and make her happy - that's not what the spouse of an actual alcoholic does.  Not that I'm actually calling her an alcoholic, but she's close enough, and he doesn't really know her, and I'm betting they have fun casual times together that we don't see, plus he's sexually attracted to her and enjoying that aspect of their relationship.  IF this show was about making real matches - no one should have been matched with a woman who feels that the most important part of her life is going out and getting her drink on.  She should not have been matched with anyone.

100% agree!   Exactly.  I don't blame him when his frustration boils over to anger or wanting her to leave.  He has worked hard - it takes 12 years to become a commercial pilot - college degree, military commissioning, an extremely competitive try for military pilot training, and then a 10 year commitment. (And he could have been deployed at any moment - maybe he was.  In 2018, 38 military pilots were killed - 24 in training.  I have a friend who went this route and in training he had to scrape a friend up off the runway.)  Erik's done some serious shit and has probably seen some serious shit.  And then he's paired with unstable Virginia . . . who can't have a normal discussion about her f-ing dog without crying?!?  And she's almost proud that she's late to work every day. Women who are successful and responsible don't have the luxury of being late (or hungover). He treats her like a child because she acts like one. Erik wants a traditional life - he wants to skype from some international trip and read the kids a bedtime story.  Virginia's goal is to find a comfortable sofa in a friend's house to pass out on. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

And Elvis, lol.  Luv, luv him and all his songs.  Timeless.  And Brenda Lee.  “Losing You” & “the End of the World”.  Beautiful.   Sorry, I can go on and on.

Oh Elvis- such a stunningly gorgeous, handsome, funny and talented man.  I love how Elvis didn't take himself too seriously, and how even through his skyrocketing fame and wealth he still loved junk food and cheap meals.  Brenda Lee- such a petite powerhouse singer who really captured the highs and lows of life so well in her voice from "Sweet Nothings" to "All Alone Am I".   You have great taste, Silver Bells!

On 4/2/2021 at 6:39 AM, seacliffsal said:

Something that really surprised me was when there was talk of tarot cards, Paige responded that she would be open to that as it would be another source of direction.  Paige, pick a lane-either you are a strong Christian who believes everything that comes your way is from God or you take guidance from whatever source is right there at the time.  The Bible speaks very clearly about from whom to accept guidance and from what sources of direction one should reject.  Tarot cards are in the second category.  I was jarred by her comment and wondered if she is now blaming God for her own bad decisions.

OMG - Mr. Ilovepie said the exact same thing! He was like "Did she just say she would try tarot cards??? And this is the woman who is always saying what a strong Christian she is????" Paige needs to read her Bible and find out it has to say so she can walk the walk and not just talk the talk.......

• Love 5
On 4/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gator Stud said:

Beth didnt have a filter either, but Jaime was able to make that work and she started to tone things down.

But Jamie is not religious like Ryan is. Beth might have been crude, but that didn't really bother Jamie - shoot, they are now hawking "Basic Caucasian Sex" mugs and merch! I think the drama annoyed Jamie but it didn't offend him like Clara's stuff does with Ryan.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Gator Stud said:

And He needs to be honest with Clara about why he refuses to have sex with her.  If it is because she has no filter, he needs to tell her this. Right now he sounds like Zack.

I think he already did talk to her about the no filter problem - remember that convo on the honeymoon after the awful ATV excursion where he basically told her she has to be mindful about what she says? It came off as a lecture, but he did say it. The fact that this is the most Ryan has had to say all season and this was the topic says a lot about how he is handling himself in the show........

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She is a flight attendant and has been to many places and probably been with many men.  Plus, he probably feels stupid that the whole world knows.

I find this attitude to be super sexist. All of the men on this show (except Ryan who I'm convinced is a virgin) have probably been with many women...is that an issue for anyone? Does it even come up? No. 

If Ryan could only be turned on by a virgin then he should have specified that. Rejecting Clara because she's had a normal sex life, but letting her blow him nightly is just....ugh.

• Love 6

He treats her like a child because she acts like one.

Meh. He married her; he didn't adopt her. I think Virginia is wildly immature but I don't think that justifies the way that Eric speaks to her or treats her. Moreover, I don't believe he would talk any differently to a more mature partner. Eric wans to make all the decisions and have everything his way; Virginia just makes it easier for him by acting like an overdramatic teenager than a grown adult. And arguably, rather than reinforcing her immaturity by treating her like a recalcitrant teen, he should model the behavior he wants to see from her by talking to her like she's his wife, not his wayward daughter.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Devvie said:

100% agree!   Exactly.  I don't blame him when his frustration boils over to anger or wanting her to leave.  He has worked hard - it takes 12 years to become a commercial pilot - college degree, military commissioning, an extremely competitive try for military pilot training, and then a 10 year commitment. (And he could have been deployed at any moment - maybe he was.  In 2018, 38 military pilots were killed - 24 in training.  I have a friend who went this route and in training he had to scrape a friend up off the runway.)  Erik's done some serious shit and has probably seen some serious shit.  And then he's paired with unstable Virginia . . . who can't have a normal discussion about her f-ing dog without crying?!?  And she's almost proud that she's late to work every day. Women who are successful and responsible don't have the luxury of being late (or hungover). He treats her like a child because she acts like one. Erik wants a traditional life - he wants to skype from some international trip and read the kids a bedtime story.  Virginia's goal is to find a comfortable sofa in a friend's house to pass out on. 

I agree 100% with everything you said! Erik is more mature and more intelligent and it may look like he's acting like a father but it's because  she is the one acting like a 15 year old that keeps rebelling about everything he says. She's so annoying . She has no business being married. Every single time it shows her on tv she always has a drink in her hand. She has no clue what being a wife means and has no clue what being married means. I can't believe she was upset that he didn't want her to get plastered with her guy friends an pass out on random guys couches!! What husband would want that?? She acts like he's so controlling and overboard when he's trying to tell her that it's not cool when you're married to be doing those things and partying 24/7. Talking to her is like talking to a rebellious teenager. I don't think he's controlling at all.  It's called having respect for your spouse. If my husband went to a club with me and disappeared for 40 minutes,  he better have a damn good reason for it or there would be hell to pay!! That's not right. I don't care who it is. She had a problem with him saying he wants to text and call her when he's gone working, she has a problem when he doesn't like her not coming home at night, she has a problem with him not wanting her to sleep over random guys houses.  How old is she,  14? Because that's how she acts. He's tried having an adult conversation with her about having her dog get training, he even said he had his dog trained when it was a puppy and she kept ignoring him an making stupid jokes or comments about what her dog is doing at that exact moment when he's trying to be serious.  Then she blows up and storms out of the apartment.  She's ridiculous.  I can see why he's frustrated and stressed out. It's like dealing with a 14 / 15 year old and not a mature woman. She is an alcoholic.  I have no idea why she was ever paired with anyone.  She's way too immature. She will never get anyone as good as he is. He comes from a good family,  he's intelligent,  he has an important job, he's in the military and he wants to be a good provider and told her she won't want for anything with him. She has the nerve to get pissed off about that! I don't see the attraction at all when he says she's gorgeous. Her skin looks horrible and aged. It looks like she always sleeps in her makeup every night and doesn't wash her face the next day, she just goes out the door with old makeup on. Her hair is always a mess an looks like she never combs it. Her eyes are always puffy with bags underneath. He could do so much better. If he had a mature wife (not a little girl) it wouldn't look like he's controlling or trying to parent her.  They should've picked someone more mature, closer to his age,  who isn't an alcoholic. I don't feel bad for her at all. She has a serious problem just showing basic respect for her husband and acts like he's suffocating her. It's ridiculous.  He deserves so much better. He doesn't need an alcoholic, immature mess to try and fix and teach how to be a wife. Why the hell did she ever sign up for this show if she doesn't want her life to change in any way. She treats him like he's just a boyfriend that keeps getting jealous. She needs so much to learn about being married. It showed a preview of next week's show and they were arguing again because she had a problem with him saying when he's in town he wants her to spend time with him. It shows her complaining about that saying, oh so now I have to break my plans with my friends for you. It's like yes you do because your spouse comes first , before friends. Especially if he's gone 4 days a week.  She throws a fit over simple things that it should be a given when you're married to someone. She acts like he  inconveniences her plans all the time. Like she's appalled that he has a problem with her partying 4 or 5 days straight  in a row and not coming home or texting him to let him know where she's at.  She bugs me so bad. Then she's appalled that he doesn't want her hanging out with just guys getting drunk all the time an that should not be her priority anymore. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

I agree 100% with everything you said! Erik is more mature and more intelligent and it may look like he's acting like a father but it's because  she is the one acting like a 15 year old that keeps rebelling about everything he says. She's so annoying . She has no business being married. Every single time it shows her on tv she always has a drink in her hand. She has no clue what being a wife means and has no clue what being married means. I can't believe she was upset that he didn't want her to get plastered with her guy friends an pass out on random guys couches!! What husband would want that?? She acts like he's so controlling and overboard when he's trying to tell her that it's not cool when you're married to be doing those things and partying 24/7. Talking to her is like talking to a rebellious teenager. I don't think he's controlling at all.  It's called having respect for your spouse. If my husband went to a club with me and disappeared for 40 minutes,  he better have a damn good reason for it or there would be hell to pay!! That's not right. I don't care who it is. She had a problem with him saying he wants to text and call her when he's gone working, she has a problem when he doesn't like her not coming home at night, she has a problem with him not wanting her to sleep over random guys houses.  How old is she,  14? Because that's how she acts. He's tried having an adult conversation with her about having her dog get training, he even said he had his dog trained when it was a puppy and she kept ignoring him an making stupid jokes or comments about what her dog is doing at that exact moment when he's trying to be serious.  Then she blows up and storms out of the apartment.  She's ridiculous.  I can see why he's frustrated and stressed out. It's like dealing with a 14 / 15 year old and not a mature woman. She is an alcoholic.  I have no idea why she was ever paired with anyone.  She's way too immature. She will never get anyone as good as he is. He comes from a good family,  he's intelligent,  he has an important job, he's in the military and he wants to be a good provider and told her she won't want for anything with him. She has the nerve to get pissed off about that! I don't see the attraction at all when he says she's gorgeous. Her skin looks horrible and aged. It looks like she always sleeps in her makeup every night and doesn't wash her face the next day, she just goes out the door with old makeup on. Her hair is always a mess an looks like she never combs it. Her eyes are always puffy with bags underneath. He could do so much better. If he had a mature wife (not a little girl) it wouldn't look like he's controlling or trying to parent her.  They should've picked someone more mature, closer to his age,  who isn't an alcoholic. I don't feel bad for her at all. She has a serious problem just showing basic respect for her husband and acts like he's suffocating her. It's ridiculous.  He deserves so much better. He doesn't need an alcoholic, immature mess to try and fix and teach how to be a wife. Why the hell did she ever sign up for this show if she doesn't want her life to change in any way. She treats him like he's just a boyfriend that keeps getting jealous. She needs so much to learn about being married. It showed a preview of next week's show and they were arguing again because she had a problem with him saying when he's in town he wants her to spend time with him. It shows her complaining about that saying, oh so now I have to break my plans with my friends for you. It's like yes you do because your spouse comes first , before friends. Especially if he's gone 4 days a week.  She throws a fit over simple things that it should be a given when you're married to someone. She acts like he  inconveniences her plans all the time. Like she's appalled that he has a problem with her partying 4 or 5 days straight  in a row and not coming home or texting him to let him know where she's at.  She bugs me so bad. Then she's appalled that he doesn't want her hanging out with just guys getting drunk all the time an that should not be her priority anymore. 

If I was in Eric's position, I would try find out what trauma caused her to get anxious and drink heavily. Does Eric know?  Does he even care? If I was getting great sex, I would at least help her.  No its not his job and he didnt notice this?  Also, just because she has alcohol problems, doesnt mean that she is a bad person. Eric should just be a stand up guy and help her.  Even if it didnt work out, he would come across as a nice guy. Now he is coming across like a controlling asshole who doesnt want to do the hard work.  He is older than she is.  Its time to act like it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, glitterpussy said:

I find this attitude to be super sexist. All of the men on this show (except Ryan who I'm convinced is a virgin) have probably been with many women...is that an issue for anyone? Does it even come up? No. 

If Ryan could only be turned on by a virgin then he should have specified that. Rejecting Clara because she's had a normal sex life, but letting her blow him nightly is just....ugh.

Clara seems like a nice woman, even if she slayed it out at the clubs. She needs a filter, but she doesnt deserve to be the BJ gal, with no reciprocation. Maybe Ryan can HELP Clara with her filter.  Maybe he could go down on HER for once. What kind of guys are these?  They never want to help. 

• Love 2

I was a teenager in the 80s.  It was awful, people were encouraged to be mean.  See:all the movies of the times like Breakfast Club, etc.  Being mean was cool. As an introverted smart teen, it was hell lol. 

Just coming on to say the same thing (class of '87). The 80s were not some magnificent era. Bullying was rampant. Describing inner feelings or honestly communicating amongst each other or even with yourself was not. Kids were *mean* — I went to a private girls school, and entire classes would pick on and scapegoat one unfortunate girl while the teachers looked the other way. When I was in 5th grade, that happened to a friend 2 years ahead me who commited suicide. You know how I heard about it? In the locker room, from another kid. No special assembly, no grief counselors, just life as usual. It wasn't really even the fault of the school — it was just the times. Homophobia, racism, domestic violence and date rape, you name it, were everywhere, but no one talked about any of it openly. Don't get me wrong, I love Stranger Things and can recite entire scenes from Heathers like most Gen Xers, but putting an entire decade on a pedestal is kind of dumb and in this case seems to serve as a lame substitute for an actual personality. 

• Useful 1

Jake obviously likes the superficial 80s pop culture; nothing serious. From the way he’s spoken it’s not something that’s a hard line for him, but more of an enjoyable pastime. I believe the show has made more of it than it is, because it was something different they could sink their teeth into, & something they knew many viewers would mock him for, so good TV for them. Keeping it in perspective, there are WAY worse things a guy could be spending his spare time on ffs. 

• Love 11
(edited)

IMO, it's possible for both people in a couple to be wrong.

Virginia is a drink-aholic.  I can't say whether she's an alcoholic, as that's not for me to say.  But girl, look at your skin.  She always looks unkempt, like she just woke up and can't figure out where she is.  

Erik is this sweet, fun-loving, super ambitious, happy-go-lucky guy, until.....he's not.  It's this seething anger that bubbles under the surface, that no one can see (except for, thanks show, the in-apartment night-vision cameras).  This very different side to him comes out.

Virginia needs to control her dog.  Biting is not ok, even if it's play-biting.  Play-biting can puncture skin.  A little training goes a long way.  It's all fun and games until a friend brings their child over.  This happened with a good friend, where the child required 12 stitches....on their face.  Lawsuit was threatened, dog was taken away.  Sweetest, funnest dog, until....it wasn't.  No, not a pit bull, just a great little dog that the owner never controlled.

But Erik's commanding method with Virginia, all "You will do this or else....." with almost every argument they have, is leading Virginia to "play small".  She comes back, tail between her legs (no pun intended), apologizes, asks him to help understand her anxiety, etc., and he pats her on the head, there there Virginia, I'll take care of you, and.....repeat.

Erik goes along with drinking and going out, because...sex goggles.  He likely was chaste for a good while prior to his marriage, and he's looking at her through whiskey-colored glasses.  Look at her vs. Haley (who I don't care for, but not the point).  Around the same age, but just compare their skin, their hair.  Haley drinks socially, whereas Virginia drinks out of necessity.  

Virginia slurs her words, up-talks, and talks too fast to be understood without careful listening.  These are all methods to hide what's really going on with her.  Up-talking is common in insecurity.  Erik is this Military Father Figure, he who must be obeyed.  Girl just better make sure her shoes are spit-shined on the daily.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 10
On 4/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, ladyscorpio said:

I can't believe she was upset that he didn't want her to get plastered with her guy friends an pass out on random guys couches!! What husband would want that??

Exactly. This is the sexism of low expectations for women. If she was the pilot and he was the sloppy drunk partying with women friends and getting upset that she didn't want him sleeping over... people would be outraged and comparing him to Chris.  (On a flight a few months ago, I was invited to tour the cockpit. All three officers were women.  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't tolerate a drunk, unstable spouse.)

• Love 5
(edited)

How did this filler show generate six pages of comments?

I thought it was perfect when Chris said, "I don't give a shit about Paige's dog."  Yep.  That tracks.  Cut.  Moving on to the next couple...

But then they manufactured a short segment with Chris's mother.  She seems sad and weary that her son is a complete asshole.

ETA:  Clara reported she was providing Ryan with nightly unrequited BJs?  Okay, that explains the six pages!

Edited by candall
I missed an important talking point.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, candall said:

How did this filler show generate six pages of comments?

I thought it was perfect when Chris said, "I don't give a shit about Paige's dog."  Yep.  That tracks.  Cut.  Moving on to the next couple...

But then they manufactured a short segment with Chris's mother.  She seems sad and weary that her son is a complete asshole.

ETA:  Clara reported she was providing Ryan with nightly unrequited BJs?  Okay, that explains the six pages!

It should have been followed with Paige saying that on paper, Chris is the perfect dog daddy. Then we will have a scene of Chris telling Paige he bought his ex an expensive $10,000 dog because his future king/queen can only have the best as a pet.

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

It should have been followed with Paige saying that on paper, Chris is the perfect dog daddy. Then we will have a scene of Chris telling Paige he bought his ex an expensive $10,000 dog because his future king/queen can only have the best as a pet.

Please work "mother of my child" in there somewhere.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 3:44 AM, candall said:

Please work "mother of my child" in there somewhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I found out she’s not really pregnant or it’s not his child . For the kids sake , I hope it’s not . 

• Love 7
On 4/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, Silver Bells said:

If anyone doesn’t get why Jake loves the eighties, the music was great.  Just listen to the Soundtrack of “Flashdance” and the song “Lady, Lady, Lady”.  You will see why, especially with headphones.  It makes you fall in love again.  It’s on u-tube.

I'd agree, except Jake celebrates everything 80s EXCEPT  the music. The clothing and home decor was crap in the 80s whereas the music was fun. Yet Jake's home and clothing favours the worst of the 80s.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:38 AM, Jax7917 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if I found out she’s not really pregnant or it’s not his child . For the kids sake , I hope it’s not . 

It was already revealed that ex-fiance had a "miscarriage." No comment necessary.  None provided.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

It was already revealed that ex-fiance had a "miscarriage." No comment necessary.  None provided.

Check the other thread where I posted the article - Chris actually said the baby "made a grand exit".  Who says that?  

• Love 3
On 4/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, pdlinda said:

OK...regarding Vincent, I noticed that he is quite sensitive to a lot of things, most especially his "dignity", his lack of education, his manliness, his financial prowess, and, yes, his weight. 

Thank you for sharing your excellent observations.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, LuvMyShows said:

..for example, his concluding that Haley must have a boyfriend that she was contacting on the honeymoon and how poorly he spun the conversation from there.

Good points. I agree about Jake but I feel there's more than past heartache that affects Jake's communication. It's like he read a book of what a marriage should look like, and he's mad because Hailey is not fitting his formula. As you also alluded, he's incapable of maintaining a simple conversation without throwing shade. There's a personality disorder, or something more than the basic, "she's not my type" conclusion.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2021 at 11:53 AM, qtpye said:

On 4/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, Hangin Out said:

After Blabbermouth told Ryan about her sexcapades, maybe he wants her to get tested for everything.

I appreciate her candor. She's not playing games or pretending she's someone she's not. She's open about her sexuality and how important it is in her life. I also think it's fine if one partner is more experienced than the other, it's just that weren't used to the man being the experienced one 

• Love 1
On 4/4/2021 at 9:17 PM, ChristmasJones said:

In the case of Virginia's dog, I wish Erik had been able to shift the whole conversation and suggest they go to a dog training class together for both dogs.

My best friend is amazing EXCEPT when discussing her dog. She gets defensive like Virginia if you point out the dogs bad behaviour or mention her lack of control. It's horrible to say, but thank goodness their dogs have a short "shelf life" compared to children. Virginia is a over-indulgent dog parent and it shows in her dogs behaviour.

• Love 1