Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

S01.E01: Legends Never Die

Recommended Posts

Quote

Twenty-two Challenge All Stars return for a second chance at the ultimate competition and a $500,000 grand prize. Right out the gate, the competition gets real with an intense underwater challenge. An honest player struggles with the game's politics.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Quick thoughts:

Kendal at 40 plus looks amazing.

Jonnae. Damn. I didn't expect her coming in to be built like Aneesa. I'm not trying to body shame. I just didn't see that happening with her. Curves are great. I was checking out Jisela all episode and she has definitely spread out.

I still don't like Laterrian. He's never been as good as he thinks he is. Never has been.

That was a hard daily challenge but it was a nice balance of math/puzzle and endurance. 

The age but I'm also the cigarettes and bad habits weren't helping a lot of people swim.

I could have used a 90 minute premier so I could spend more time with the OGs just chilling with them.

Good premier. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok guys, here are some VERY shallow and brutal observations here:

Kendall looks like she got botched plastic surgery on her face.

Ace looks like he's perpetually drunk. 

Teck looks kind of rough.

Jonna went from borderline-anorexic to being the same size as Aneesa.

Arissa is even skinnier than she was back in her Las Vegas season, and that is not a good thing. Yikes. 

Nehemiah looks amazing.

Kelly Anne is still cute, but she looks 10 years older than she is.

Katie...wtf, how does she look the same? Didn't/doesn't she smoke 2 packs a day?

I like what Derrick has done with his hair. It hides the baldness.

Ruthie looks like a cool action figure, but she didn't get to do much this episode.

The people who kept in shape are definitely going to dominate this game now that it's more physical/endurance  I was surprised, but happy for Jisella and how well she did. The call-back to when Ace called her out for being dead weight made me laffffff.

I was laughing my ass off during the challenge when so many people were practically passing out from the exertion of the daily, and someone was like, "we're old, you can't do this to us, the paramedics are here, this is rough". 

Hearing Machine Head by Bush during the daily had me feeling some type of way, NGL. 

All-in-all, I liked the episode a lot. I really hope they incorporate some "Old-School" type of challenges as well as these more difficult ones. 

 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Zima said:

Ok guys, here are some VERY shallow and brutal observations here:

Kendall looks like she got botched plastic surgery on her face.

Ace looks like he's perpetually drunk. 

Teck looks kind of rough.

Jonna went from borderline-anorexic to being the same size as Aneesa.

Arissa is even skinnier than she was back in her Las Vegas season, and that is not a good thing. Yikes. 

Nehemiah looks amazing.

Kelly Anne is still cute, but she looks 10 years older than she is.

Katie...wtf, how does she look the same? Didn't/doesn't she smoke 2 packs a day?

I like what Derrick has done with his hair. It hides the baldness.

I'll join your shallow and brutal island for a visit:

I remember watching the trailer and being surprised to see Jonna there because: (1) not an OG in any sense; and (2) she looks... different 🤔. Then I snapped back and said "ok fine. She's had a baby in the last few years... and man or woman, just like cameras, having children tend to add pounds on you."

I feel like... we saw Kellyanne about 5 years ago from Rivals 3. I still think Kellyanne is a beautiful woman but she does looks like she's aged 10 years just from Rivals 3.

Katie has not aged AT ALL. WOW! Smoking and aggression apparently does wonders.

3 hours ago, Zima said:

The people who kept in shape are definitely going to dominate this game now that it's more physical/endurance  I was surprised, but happy for Jisella and how well she did. The call-back to when Ace called her out for being dead weight made me laffffff.

I watched Gauntlet 2 for the first time recently. For whatever reason, I just don't remember Jisela at all. I'm wondering did I blink at the wrong time and missed her?

This episode was my first real introduction to Jisela... and I LOVE HER!

3 hours ago, Zima said:

I was laughing my ass off during the challenge when so many people were practically passing out from the exertion of the daily, and someone was like, "we're old, you can't do this to us, the paramedics are here, this is rough". 

Hearing Machine Head by Bush during the daily had me feeling some type of way, NGL. 

All-in-all, I liked the episode a lot. I really hope they incorporate some "Old-School" type of challenges as well as these more difficult ones.

I was laughing my ass off too at both teams racking up all those 5 minute penalties. LMAO! Teck was like "Welcome to the Challenge: Senior Edition. Today looks like recess at the old folks home" LMAO

I thought they were gonna mix it up the type of games. I thought they were gonna have those grade school field day type challenges that they used to have and some hardcore games like they have now in the new age Challenge. They started out the gate with a pretty hardcore challenge.

Darrell cracks me up. He reminds me of my dad. Ace called them monsters and they cut Darrell's interview and he's like "Ace! Ace! Ace! Callin us monsters and shit. It's the fuckin game. What are you talking about? Take yo ass in elimination" LMAO

GREAT first episode! I loved it!

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Rooting hard for Katie Doyle, who I've always loved on these for just being a scrappy competitor, and Yes, who was my middle school crush (and has aged very well!). Also rooting for Jisela who was determined as hell in this first competition!

Wished we had more time introducing all the challengers and catching up with them. I forget who did a challenge with who before and would have liked to watch them reconnecting and sharing stories about past challenges more than we got.

Loved Ace's quip about how they used to kill each other over a scooter, and now they're going for half a million dollars as a prize. I really liked his commentary overall, which was weird because I can't ever remember liking Ace before.

Jisela's comment, "Our challenges used to be eating sugar cookies covered in some sand!" had me rolling! And then Teck, "We got the paramedics out, the walkers out" with a montage of people getting pulled back to land. They're not wrong about how much more intense things have gotten. I couldn't even keep track of how many penalties there were. I'm hoping like @Zima said - that there's some more laid back/funny dailies in here too. I'd like to see All Stars be a regular season every few years but it's gonna be difficult to convince anyone to come back if it's the same as the regular challenge. Forgot this was on Paramount and not tv for a minute - until the incredible number of F-bombs being dropped!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

By the way, I just noticed that they have an aftershow for the episodes also hosted by Devyn.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, shantown said:

Jisela's comment, "Our challenges used to be eating sugar cookies covered in some sand!" had me rolling! And then Teck, "We got the paramedics out, the walkers out" with a montage of people getting pulled back to land. They're not wrong about how much more intense things have gotten. I couldn't even keep track of how many penalties there were. I'm hoping like @Zima said - that there's some more laid back/funny dailies in here too. I'd like to see All Stars be a regular season every few years but it's gonna be difficult to convince anyone to come back if it's the same as the regular challenge. Forgot this was on Paramount and not tv for a minute - until the incredible number of F-bombs being dropped!

I thought the challenge that they did was better than the challenges they've been doing in the regular season. This is a challenge I would have liked to see in the regular season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, shantown said:

Rooting hard for Katie Doyle, who I've always loved on these for just being a scrappy competitor, and Yes, who was my middle school crush (and has aged very well!). Also rooting for Jisela who was determined as hell in this first competition!

Wished we had more time introducing all the challengers and catching up with them. I forget who did a challenge with who before and would have liked to watch them reconnecting and sharing stories about past challenges more than we got.

Loved Ace's quip about how they used to kill each other over a scooter, and now they're going for half a million dollars as a prize. I really liked his commentary overall, which was weird because I can't ever remember liking Ace before.

Jisela's comment, "Our challenges used to be eating sugar cookies covered in some sand!" had me rolling! And then Teck, "We got the paramedics out, the walkers out" with a montage of people getting pulled back to land. They're not wrong about how much more intense things have gotten. I couldn't even keep track of how many penalties there were. I'm hoping like @Zima said - that there's some more laid back/funny dailies in here too. I'd like to see All Stars be a regular season every few years but it's gonna be difficult to convince anyone to come back if it's the same as the regular challenge. Forgot this was on Paramount and not tv for a minute - until the incredible number of F-bombs being dropped!

I agree about the challenge—I read some of the interviews with TJ saying they made the challenges hard and he was concerned, but the challengers lived up to them. That’s...definitely not what happened here. I’m not saying there wasn’t an amusement factor to watching maybe seven competitors out of all of them be able to complete the task, but it was also not highly engaging to see a mission that basically three quarters of the cast was physically unable to do. You could also tell that whatever was pitched to people like Trishelle and Katie, this wasn’t it. I totally agree about people not coming back to do this with challenges this difficult, unless it becomes a smash hit and they want to be attached to it. OTOH, I’m imagining Wes, Johnny, and CT watching this mission and thinking”...so I can show up for three weeks, compete against people who can’t dive five feet down in water, and win 500k? Where do I sign?”

8 hours ago, Zima said:

Ok guys, here are some VERY shallow and brutal observations here:

Kendall looks like she got botched plastic surgery on her face.

Arissa is even skinnier than she was back in her Las Vegas season, and that is not a good thing. Yikes. 

Joining in the shallow corner—wow, Kendal does NOT look good, in my opinion. She looks great on her social media, which just shows you what some good photo editing programs can do. Her facial tone was uneven and she just looked..harsh. I was actually really shocked to see her . And yeah, Arissa is scarily thin. I don’t want to skinny shame anyone but it’s really hard to imagine that she’s healthy. Jemmye looked fine in general but terrifying in her interviews. I don’t know what she did with her makeup but it wasn’t good. Beth and Katie are amazing in how unchanged they are. 

Laterrian: “What’s a pole wrestle?”

Poor Ace. The facial hair suits him, but his personality seems unchanged. I hope he had a very happy reunion with his dog. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m already more interested in this season than the past 3 of the usual Challenge. I love seeing all these people that are closer to my age. I can only hope that means there won’t be as many fights about some nonsense...The 90’s music is giving me a nice dose of nostalgia as well. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Man I don't remember LT (and I'd forgotten people call him that) being so intense. I was actually worried he was gonna break Ace's back the way he kept plunging (thanks Aneesa) him into the ground. Either that or the pole was gonna impale him. Ace seems like a pretty decent guy so I felt bad for him feeling like he was being ganged up on. Glad he seemed to leave on a positive note.

I didn't recognize Kendal or Kellyanne at all until they were captioned. I can't even remember Kendal ever having done a challenge. Seeing Aneesa made me realize how much I'd have loved to have seen her show up here if she hadn't been on the past umpteen seasons. It was kinda surprising seeing the year of some of these people's last challenges. Hard to believe that the early 2000s was 20 years ago!

8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I remember watching the trailer and being surprised to see Jonna there because: (1) not an OG in any sense

I feel the same way about Jemmye.

Agreed about Beth and Katie seeming not to have aged, and Nehemiah looking damn good.

Some of them must have been having serious second thoughts after that first challenge, lol. 

And I howled at the look on Trishelle's face when Ace said he used to have a crush on Beth!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I remember watching the trailer and being surprised to see Jonna there because: (1) not an OG in any sense

I feel the same way about Jemmye.

Yes! The same applies to Jemmye. I read that somewhere that Cohutta was an alternate and he would have been a better fit for this over Jemmye... HOWEVER, Jemmye tends bring the drama and producers know we like drama.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I got Paramount+ just for this. Even though I'm technically signing up for a 30-day free trial, I have to say that I am so fucking WEAK.

Jisela, Jisela, Jisela. What the fuck, Jisela? She fell down getting off the bus, she has a body part that can be seen from orbit . . . and she actually contributed to her team in the first mission. How? My mind is blown. She's never gotten further than four mission into any of her three seasons, she basically didn't fight when she faced Ruthie in the Gauntlet, Ace was right to call her dead weight back then . . . so how is she kicking ass now? Either the producers are helping her, or there's a monkey's paw out there with at least one finger folded down.

The mission probably would have worked better on the "regular" edition. Yeah, even with dumb-dumbs like Cory and Josh who recoil if you show them a math textbook. Here, though, it's a huge comedy of errors . . . and because there wasn't a list of who was on each team, I felt lost watching. All I knew was that Laterrian would go for elimination. That seemed right to me. I can't consider him an All-Star. He was a dud in his three seasons, and I don't think any of those are easily streamed.

Luckily, he got his date with Ace in the Arena. Great that he didn't hold a grudge . . . but man, he was a pissy little bitch going into that. All the talk of "monsters" was just . . . damn. If he had said that after the Arena, I would've chalked it up to brain damage Laterrian gave him while wrestling for the pole. Holy shit, that was brutal. Bam Bam Rubble brutal.

Ace admitted he had a crush on Beth. Why the fuck would anyone admit that?!? Nehemah probably wanted to crawl into a hole hearing the word "tenderoni."

7 hours ago, shantown said:

Jisela's comment, "Our challenges used to be eating sugar cookies covered in some sand!" had me rolling!

It was doing sugar cookies. That was a reference to the first mission in Battle Of The Sexes. Basically, it was Simon Says, only with drill sergants. Here's my recap from 2003 . . . the fun part of watching was hearing references to older seasons. Sadly, Paramount only goes as far back as Gauntlet 2. A lot of clips in the episode took me back to stuff I recapped . . . Alton smoking Laterrian in Pole Climb, Alton humiliating Danny Dias in Beach Brawl, Jisela not giving any effort in her Gauntlet, Katie five seconds away from ending Veronica’s life, etc. I wonder if BMP takes requests. I got a lot of stuff I'd love to see again.

ETA: I miss the time penalties. I really do. I was also sure that the mission wouldn't be over even after Yes figured out the equations. "You guys got it right, but you have fifteen more minutes in penalties than the other team."

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched the challenge in maybe 13-15 years. The show has really changed. It shows how little "Real World" or "Road Rules" have cache anymore - because they made no mention of them! Or even what season they were associated with. I was assuming that they would be dived by Real World or Road Rules but I like how it was random teams - so that each episode can have a different dynamic.

I would have liked to see the Challengers meeting each other. There were a few competitors from the same seasons (Ruthie/Teck, Alton/Arissa/Trishelle) and I would have liked their reunions.

I was impressed by Jisela - when she was younger, I seem to remember her always getting involved in some boy drama and ending up leaving early. Now she's a fierce leader.

I didn't know a few of the competitors - Jemmye? Also, I would have swapped out any fresh meat competitor for Veronica, The Miz, Coral, Wes, Julie, or Rachel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, some of the people like Jemmye and Jonna, despite liking them, I wouldn't consider them OG.  I consider the OGs anyone from like the first ten seasons of RW or earlier Road Rules seasons.  

If they keep these challenges up, this is going to be pretty lopsided.  Only a few of them could even do this intense of a challenge.  I honestly didn't even know if either team would finish at all...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, AntFTW said:

By the way, I just noticed that they have an aftershow for the episodes also hosted by Devyn.

Where can I find this?

Kendall's skin looks SO bad. I spent every second she was on screen trying to figure out what was going on there.

Ace was giving me more aggressive/unhinged Nick Miller vibes. He was kind of doing it for me lol.

I never liked LT and I still don't. I was really hoping Ace would stay. LT was being way too rough with him imo. I hope his back isn't shot after that.

I hope Jisella can continue to dominate. That would be really awesome.

Teck is hilarious. I loved his commentary on 'recess at the old folks home.'

To see Katie and Beth looking exactly the same as they did during their last challenge was crazy. And then Kelly Ann said she was 34 and I about fell out of my chair. She looks easily 10 years older than that. Damn.

In the promo after this ep, they showed them doing the old school challenge where they had to use their body to melt ice so I'm still holding out hope they're going to have a mix of new, harder challenges and the old school, silly ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

By the way, I just noticed that they have an aftershow for the episodes also hosted by Devyn.

Where can I find this?

Also on Paramount+

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

To see Katie and Beth looking exactly the same as they did during their last challenge was crazy. And then Kelly Ann said she was 34 and I about fell out of my chair. She looks easily 10 years older than that. Damn.

KellyAnne seems to have less body fat than she did on Rivals 3.... and not in a good way.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was shocked at Kendal's skin too. I noticed on her Instagram that she has a skin and joint condition called Ehlers Danlos syndrome which causes skin to be bruised and stretched easily and joints to bend easily.  That explains the splotchiness of her skin. I wonder if she'll address it. 

I think the ladies and gentleman who have gained some weight over the years look pretty good. I'm really proud of Jisela's performance!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, noluvnoluck said:

I was shocked at Kendal's skin too. I noticed on her Instagram that she has a skin and joint condition called Ehlers Danlos syndrome which causes skin to be bruised and stretched easily and joints to bend easily.  That explains the splotchiness of her skin. I wonder if she'll address it. 

Well, now I feel like a bitch lol. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Lol I did notice Kendal’s skin but I assumed she just had some sort of skin condition. I still think she looks amazing. 
 

Also Katie and Beth look the EXACT same. It’s crazy. 
 

Ace is still so hot to me. Was sad to see him leave but it almost felt appropriate based on his prior seasons lol. Could never stand LT. Ge was always way too intense and nowhere near as good as he thought (or as good as he looks like he would be).

 

This was 10000x more fun than the most recent seasons! I’m pumped for the rest!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If they are doing team challenges again they need to give them different color shirts because I didn't know who was on what team most of the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I consider real OG's to be anyone who was actually on The Real World and Road Rules before the franchise took a nosedive. All of these "challenge"-type recruits never really cut it for me. Like many, I was hoping the challenges would be less intense and more fun/field day like the old days. But I'm loving the 90s music! 

Really wish Paramount+ would put up Battle of the Sexes I and II, among the other older RW/RR challenges. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The first Battle of the Seasons is the one I'd love to rewatch! I agree that Jemmeye and Jonna are not really legends/OGs/all stars. Big Easy definitely is not - he never even did a real season! Understandably they had to fill some holes to get a full cast so I'll be grateful for all the real OGs we did get! Hopefully they all had a good enough time that there's interest from some others for an OGs 2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, shantown said:

The first Battle of the Seasons is the one I'd love to rewatch! I agree that Jemmeye and Jonna are not really legends/OGs/all stars. Big Easy definitely is not - he never even did a real season! Understandably they had to fill some holes to get a full cast so I'll be grateful for all the real OGs we did get! Hopefully they all had a good enough time that there's interest from some others for an OGs 2.

I rolled my eyes at Big Easy's celebratory yelling after the team win. He ain't do ish yet again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Also on Paramount+

It's called the Aftermath and showed up as an option in the episide 1 description.

Not surprised that those with the lowest body fat % struggled in the cold water. I was really worried about Arissa! So similarly not shocked that Jisela & Aneesa would do well. Doesnt explain what happened to Big E? Who, BTW, is my absolute least favorite challenge competitor of all time. 

I like Ace. Sad he was the first to go. Other random musings: Jemmye & Trishelle both look awful with the bleached blonde hair. Happy to see Syrus. Tech looks rough. Katie, Ruthie and, yes, Beth, all look great & pretty much the same after many years. How can Kelly Anne still only be 34?? Oh, and great to see Yes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, shantown said:

The first Battle of the Seasons is the one I'd love to rewatch!

SAME! That remains my fave season tbh. 

12 hours ago, snarts said:

How can Kelly Anne still only be 34?? 

Seriously! Not only because she looks at least 10 years older than that but also I feel like she's been around forever so I don't see how she's still only 34 lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure if I missed something. I'm a little confused with the application of the 5 minute penalties when the goal is just to solve the problem first.

I guess I am just to assume that either (1) the teams would have to wait 5 minutes before they can go out to get their next piece, which seems impractical to me; or (2) the "losing" team would get additional time equal to the total amount of the penalties to get their pieces and figure out the answer.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m rooting for everybody but Jemmye because she talked way too much. Shut up, Jemmye.

I started watching the challenge on the season where Coral got taken out by a spider during a final (Inferno 1 maybe?) so I don’t recall Teck, Yes, or Laterrian. Teck was hilarious though. He can stay. 😂

I liked this. This was fun to watch. Can’t wait for more! 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2021 at 6:48 PM, snarts said:

Doesn't explain what happened to Big E? Who, BTW, is my absolute least favorite challenge competitor of all time. 

I am 100% with you on this.  His only possible redeeming feature is that he's friends with Katie- and I adore her- so there must be SOMETHING to him, but I don't see it.

This seemed like a good first challenge.  It combined the physical qualities of the "new" Challenge and the simplicity of the OG.  I wonder if some of those people would have been better if the water weren't freezing.

I think Aneesa and Darrell have an advantage being both OG and continuing competitors.  They're used to the harder challenges.  

I don't know that I would have called this "All Stars."  Seems like that would be a completely different group of people.  I agree that Jemmye and Jonna are too new.  

Loved! that Beth was determined to help the team by not wasting time once she realized she couldn't do it, then swam the wrong direction.  Never change, Beth.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Fretful said:

I am 100% with you on this.  His only possible redeeming feature is that he's friends with Katie- and I adore her- so there must be SOMETHING to him, but I don't see it.

I was watching some videos on the cast's Instagrams and there was one of everyone at the airport getting on the bus to go to the house. Everyone was complaining that it was hot, and Easy got on the bus with a large bag of bottled waters and was handing them out. I don't doubt that he's a thoughtful person like that in real life, but the producers already chose a "character" for him and so we get a different view of him on the show. I don't dislike him as a person, but he's not an OG, and all-star, or a Legend so I just don't like his being on this season.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, shantown said:

I was watching some videos on the cast's Instagrams and there was one of everyone at the airport getting on the bus to go to the house. Everyone was complaining that it was hot, and Easy got on the bus with a large bag of bottled waters and was handing them out. I don't doubt that he's a thoughtful person like that in real life, but the producers already chose a "character" for him and so we get a different view of him on the show. I don't dislike him as a person, but he's not an OG, and all-star, or a Legend so I just don't like his being on this season.

I never got caught up in all the branding. These are just, for the most part, challenge names that don't do this stuff anymore. That's all I'm here for.

I was surprised to see people like Cole and Cohutta flown out as alternates. Those are people they needed to be here. 

I have no problem with Big E being here. While not an OG, he does represent another time of the challenge that is gone. Most "OG's" are probably unwilling to drop their lives for something like this.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Where are they filming?  Looked scenic and there happened to be a cabin large enough for all of them?

Looks like they filmed for just a week or two at the most, with challenges every day?  That might be rough.

One of the previews showed them running on a winding mountain road.  Pretty grueling unless it's the Final.

The swimming part is also pretty tough, with the cold weather and the lack of conditioning for a lot of people.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, aghst said:

Where are they filming?  Looked scenic and there happened to be a cabin large enough for all of them?

They are filming in Argentina.

The cabin and surroundings that they are filming in looks amazing. If you recall the cabin they had in Fresh Meat 2 way back when, for a moment I thought it was the same cabin but that was in Canada.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow in that case, I can see why a lot of them agreed to do the show.

Some of them may expect to win the $500k, or are desperate for it.

But maybe a lot of them saw this as a way to visit Argentina.  Maybe they spend a couple of days before or after the Challenge.

Because it's a long way down there.  I can see someone like Yes, who has an actual career and doesn't need to chase money on reality shows would be drawn to a short Challenge but the chance to visit Argentina.  Maybe his family is in a hotel in Buenos Aires.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, aghst said:

 I can see someone like Yes, who has an actual career and doesn't need to chase money on reality shows would be drawn to a short Challenge but the chance to visit Argentina.  Maybe his family is in a hotel in Buenos Aires.

Yes isn't the only one with a career. A little over a year ago I came across this interview with Katie. She said that the challenge life was behind her. She had a successful career as a interior designer. I'm sure other people had moved on but the last year has been hard on alot of people and this is a chance to make a little or alot of money.

Katie

Share this post


Link to post

Yes is still such a cutie, and I'm glad he did well in the daily challenge, too. That is all!

Edited by Matteo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Signed up for that free trial month of Paramount+ just to check this out. It was great to see all those old faces again and to see who was aging in what way, lol. I was like damn, they are all so old until I realized how old that made me, so I stopped that. This is the group that Aneesa fits in best with. They are shady but less cutthroat than the current group. Aneesa might be able to do well with this one since it looked like that first challenge almost killed half the cast. Ace calling everyone evil for voting him in was too dramatic for me. Calm down. I know being blindsided must suck but jeez.

The party scene was so much fun. It reminded me of all the old days.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Signed up for that free trial month of Paramount+ just to check this out. It was great to see all those old faces again and to see who was aging in what way, lol. I was like damn, they are all so old until I realized how old that made me, so I stopped that. This is the group that Aneesa fits in best with. They are shady but less cutthroat than the current group. Aneesa might be able to do well with this one since it looked like that first challenge almost killed half the cast. Ace calling everyone evil for voting him in was too dramatic for me. Calm down. I know being blindsided must suck but jeez.

The party scene was so much fun. It reminded me of all the old days.

I'd say that Jemmye is probably the most cutthroat person in the cast. I think Jemmye, along with Aneesa, also has a better chance here than with the people in the regular Challenge season.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Ace calling everyone evil for voting him in was too dramatic for me. Calm down. I know being blindsided must suck but jeez.

I loved it. He was so unhinged. It was embarrassing but in a fun way lol.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2021 at 11:21 PM, Giuseppe said:

Man I don't remember LT (and I'd forgotten people call him that) being so intense. I was actually worried he was gonna break Ace's back the way he kept plunging (thanks Aneesa) him into the ground. Either that or the pole was gonna impale him. Ace seems like a pretty decent guy so I felt bad for him feeling like he was being ganged up on. Glad he seemed to leave on a positive note.

I didn't recognize Kendal or Kellyanne at all until they were captioned. I can't even remember Kendal ever having done a challenge. Seeing Aneesa made me realize how much I'd have loved to have seen her show up here if she hadn't been on the past umpteen seasons. It was kinda surprising seeing the year of some of these people's last challenges. Hard to believe that the early 2000s was 20 years ago!

I feel the same way about Jemmye.

Agreed about Beth and Katie seeming not to have aged, and Nehemiah looking damn good.

Some of them must have been having serious second thoughts after that first challenge, lol. 

And I howled at the look on Trishelle's face when Ace said he used to have a crush on Beth!

 

LOL, if you don't remember LT being intense, then you don't remember LT at all. He was one of the most intense players ever, despite not actually being that great at the challenges. Lots of "Hoo Ra" shouting and flexing of his gym muscles, but rather mediocre actual performances. And he seems like he hasn't changed much with age. Also notable for apparently ditching production after being voted off a challenge and spending an extra week or so on whatever island they were at instead of getting on a plane home. That info came from Colin's behind the scenes blog, which also heavily implied that LT was on some kind of drugs that season, which I believe. He was right on the edge of losing his mind.

I also didn't recognize Kendal or KellyAnne until I saw their names. KellyAnne's going the Real Housewife route with the plastic surgery and fillers, she could easily pass for 50.

Katie and Beth really do seem to be frozen in time, it's kinda eerie. And Nehemiah hasn't aged a day, but I can't stand him. Mark Long looks frightening, those veins might just pop right through the skin. I can no longer remember him for the fun guy from Road Rules 1 and the early challenges, he seems like he's morphed into a real dick over the years.

The redness of Ace's nose suggests that his drinking hasn't lessened over the years. He still looks good, but his skin is definitely showing the signs of alcoholism.

Quote

Jemmye looked fine in general but terrifying in her interviews. I don’t know what she did with her makeup but it wasn’t good.

God, yes. I actually jumped the first time she popped up on the screen with that gold shit in the corners of her eyes. I have no idea who she is, so she must be a more recent person who doesn't fit my definition of OG. 

Good to see Yes again, he was always such a strong competitor and nice guy. I cracked up at the Mathlete thing. And Teck is always a fun energy to add to the mix, he really hasn't changed much since his original season.

Good for Jisela that she did well in this challenge, but I find her so exhausting and it doesn't seem like the years have softened her dramatic tendencies. I did die laughing at her very 90s brown lipliner with the lighter shade of lipstick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I also didn't recognize Kendal or KellyAnne until I saw their names.

I recognized Kendal. To me she will always be the girl who was walking along the beach not caring instead of watching the challenge that was going on.

I didn't recognized Jemmye or KellyAnne.

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

God, yes. I actually jumped the first time she popped up on the screen with that gold shit in the corners of her eyes. I have no idea who she is, so she must be a more recent person who doesn't fit my definition of OG.

Jemmye is nobody's definition of an OG. Her first season was season 23.

Edited by AntFTW

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Kendal is someone I don't remember at all. Was she on a Real World or a Road Rules?

I'm pretty sure it was Real World but I can't really remember her either.

Actually, I just looked her up and she was on Road Rules: Campus Crawl. Wow, yea, I clearly don't remember her lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Kendal is someone I don't remember at all. Was she on a Real World or a Road Rules?

She was on the Road Rules season with Darrell, Rachel, and Sarah, Queen of the Gauntlet. She did at least one challenge where she hooked up with the Miz, who was a horrible monster to her in her last challenge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, xfuse said:

I recognized Kendal. To me she will always be the girl who was walking along the beach not caring instead of watching the challenge that was going on.

I didn't recognized Jemmye or KellyAnne.

I thought that was Cameron who didn’t watch the challenge way back in the day?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I thought that was Cameron who didn’t watch the challenge way back in the day?

You could be right but I have been thinking it was Kendal all this time (I mean over a decade) whenever her name comes up.  I could go and check but that is just too much effort. lol

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, funnygirl said:

I consider real OG's to be anyone who was actually on The Real World and Road Rules before the franchise took a nosedive. All of these "challenge"-type recruits never really cut it for me. Like many, I was hoping the challenges would be less intense and more fun/field day like the old days. But I'm loving the 90s music! 

Really wish Paramount+ would put up Battle of the Sexes I and II, among the other older RW/RR challenges. 

BOTS I is uploaded on YouTube somewhere. 

I love how Arissa is all "zen" but telling someone to go f themselves on the trailer. I wonder if she'll even speak to Alton since they were on bad terms during that crazy Vegas reunion. Does anyone remember her yelling at him "Bone out, negro!" Lol she always had the most interesting slang. 

Edited by noluvnoluck

Share this post


Link to post

Doesn't Ace own a bar?  I wonder if he spent most of his time in the house talking about how much covid has impacted his finances, so when he was voted in first he flipped out because he was expecting some sympathy?  That or he was wasted the entire time he was there, because calling everybody "monsters" over and over and over seemed like an extreme (and bizarre) overreaction. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size