Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Legends Never Die

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Doesn't Ace own a bar?  I wonder if he spent most of his time in the house talking about how much covid has impacted his finances, so when he was voted in first he flipped out because he was expecting some sympathy?  That or he was wasted the entire time he was there, because calling everybody "monsters" over and over and over seemed like an extreme (and bizarre) overreaction. 

He did at one point. From a brief google search it looks like he sold it awhile ago and the person who owned it in 2017 was in some FBI raid. 

This was a great episode. I'm about 5 or 6 years younger than Derrick and when he said he was over 35 made me feel old. He will always be that 21 year old kid talking to a frog. I happy Jisela did well! I thought it was funny that people who normally didn't do well back when they ddi challenges were excelling and vice versa. 

I thought it was funny that Yes doesn't remember being on The Battle of the Sexes.

I use to have a huge crush on Ace when I was in Middle School he just seemed sad this whole episode. 

It was funny seeing Katie/Trishelle/Kendall all on the same show again I remember they were all roommates and when Kendall started hooking up with The Miz on The Inferno and Trishelle freaked out.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:15 PM, noluvnoluck said:

I love how Arissa is all "zen" but telling someone to go f themselves on the trailer. I wonder if she'll even speak to Alton since they were on bad terms during that crazy Vegas reunion. Does anyone remember her yelling at him "Bone out, negro!" Lol she always had the most interesting slang. 

Don't remember that one, but she was the first person I ever heard say "put [someone] on blast."  Please note that I am a full 50% older than the 40 year olds (for the non-mathletes, I'm 60).  So I'm impressed I remember that much.

The main reason I remember Kendall was on Campus Crawl is that Sarah Greyson was always a favorite of mine, and Rachel was so mean to her, and I always thought Kendall should have stuck up for her more but no dice.  Would not have recognized her.  That may have been when I stopped watching Road Rules.

There are a lot of very good narrators--enjoying Aneesa, Darrell (who both have recent practice knowing what TPTB want in interviews), but also Teck, Nehemiah, and Teck.  Even Beth.  

So are they told they will need 90s clothing, or did they get a bin to pick from, or what?  I wondered the same thing at the 80s party on the recent regular challenge.  

Watched on YouTube; contemplating signing up for P+ since I am ambivalent-to-enjoy on everyone except Eric.  

When they got up in the morning pre-challenge, and some were yoga-ing or exercising or whatever, I rewound...to see the cabin kitty jump up on a chair near where Mark was putting on his shoes.  Kitty!!!!!  Did the same thing with the recent Hank Azaria talking to Stephen Colbert--there's a darling small tabby behind him on his bookshelves!  Kitty!!!!

• Love 2

Mark still looks good too! I was excited to see Mark, Katie and a few others. I didn't recognize Laterian, Kellyanne or Kendall. I remember Kelly Anne and Kendall , but they have changed a lot, looks wise. This is a fun group to see. A nice change from the regular group. 

I subscribed to Paramount+ for old Challenges, so imagine my surprise when there was a NEW Challenge with OLD cast members! bingeworthy. 

Also, did not remember much of Kendal, which was odd, because I did watch that season of RR. It was forever ago, so there's that. I wish Paramount + would have the older seasons of the Challenge- like battle of the sexes 1 with Hollywick and some real OGs. Also, Mark Long. Man, that guy. 

• Love 2

Finally got around to watching this.   In just this first episode, the show managed to rekindle some of the fun vibe that was so characteristic of the Challenge until the Bunker came along and ruined everything.   The party scene alone put the current version of the mother ship to shame (in which players half-heartedly pretend to dance and laugh in an antiseptic enclosed space).

Age is a bitch, but let's cut Kellyanne some slack.

The Challenge's KellyAnne Judd Suffered From Serious Illness Ahead of 'All-Stars': 'I Was Bedridden For Almost 2 Straight Years.'

“I have been really sick for a few years,” Judd, 35, explained during the Thursday, June 10, episode of the “Watch With Us: Challenge Edition” podcast. “I have heavy metal poisoning, and so I was bedridden for almost two straight years. So, I had just started getting better probably six months before we did the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I finally got Paramount+ so am just now discovering this All Star Challenge and I have to say I am loving it.  I don't know how Mark Long convinced some of these people to come back, but I am thrilled he did.  And I absolutely love that they are playing into the nostalgia and giving us PLENTY of flashbacks to older challenges.  What an awesome trip down memory lane.  I have been a viewer of the Real World/Road Rules/Challenge universe since day one and haven't missed a beat, which I admittedly recognize sounds pathetic lol.  But honestly it's a veritable soap opera for Gen X'ers, and it's always somewhat riveting to catch up on the continuing stories of the characters who've sprinkled the drama in our lives for decades.

I used to love Ace.  Glad to see he's still a hottie and still a simple country boy who only needs his dog.  I do not remember Kendal.  I had to look her up.  Once I saw her younger self she was familiar.  She does not look the same at all.  I forgot her claim to fame was having a child by actor Josh Henderson which he denies. 

On 5/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, Lantern7 said:

. . .  and here is my "official" recap of the episode. Hope you guys like it!

I remember you from the glorious TWoP days @Lantern7.  I miss the old TWP gang, but I love your recap!!  OMG you're adding to the wonderful nostalgia of it all.

On 3/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Genius said:

I remember you from the glorious TWoP days @Lantern7.  I miss the old TWP gang, but I love your recap!!  OMG you're adding to the wonderful nostalgia of it all.

Thanks for the love, apologies I only got in one recap. I just can’t find the time to write these days.

Edited by Lantern7
53 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Thanks for the love, apologies I only got in one recap. I just can’t find the ti e to write these days.

Oh no worries! It's a miracle all you recappers had the time and energy back in the day for every episode. But what a legacy. If only all those old TWoP recaps were available somewhere.

1 hour ago, Genius said:

If only all those old TWoP recaps were available somewhere.

You can still find some of them!  If you google "television without pity" + "wayback machine" + the name of the recaps you are looking for, you might hit paydirt.  Here's a link to old OC recaps, which might get you pointed in the right direction.  (Fair warning, it takes fooooooooooorever for each page to load.  If you decide to read recaps there, hit "next page" as soon as you start reading the current page.)  https://web.archive.org/web/20070306001447/http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com:80/articles/category_1207.html

• Mind Blown 1