Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Third Week's a Charm

• Start Topic

Ohhhh. Would any episode be complete without Paige looking stupid as hell?? 😂😂 Let's see more BS from Hypochris!! They reset alright! Back to before they were matched. 😂😂😂😂 GET THE MESSAGE YET PAIGE?? He wants NOTHING to do with you!! Aaaand here he appears for the camera. He doesn't want to feel pressured?? By doing what his WIFE wants?? GTFOH!!! Ya. That's right. Have him explain what he wants to do. Put it on paper as a visual reminder of his LIES!! & let him keep on lying. Girl! No self-respect. No dignity. No boundaries. Take some kind of power back. PLEASE! She kept saying the situation no longer served her, sounding cool, yet engaging with him. We can't take her seriously either. Feeling like she's a lost cause. 😣

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

My parents had an arranged marriage from the neighbors in Europe.  It lasted over 50 years, but my Mother was always unhappy even tho my Father as a great man.  She told me she had a boyfriend in Europe before the marriage and always thought about him through out the marriage. I felt very bad for them.  It’s hard to learn to stay together.  I made sure I married for love.

I had a friend in high school (in the 80's) who was Indian. She always knew that her parents would choose her spouse and arrange her marriage. It never bothered her; she said she knew they would choose well and wouldn't force her to marry their choice if she didn't like him. She has been married now for 20 years and has a son; her husband saw her through cancer and they appear to truly love one another. So I suppose sometimes it works for some people...

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

What I don't understand is that the other wives went with her and yet Haley is the only one getting shit for it.  Why?  Because the others are getting on with their husbands?  What's the difference?  As far as I recall, on unfiltered Haley said the other guys just showed up.  No one sent them engraved invitations and they didn't get snarky with their wives for going out to have drinks without them.  Why should Haley be expected to call Jake under those casual circumstances?  She probably was just sticking it out until she could go back to the room and didn't want to make a big occasion out of it.  Jake is just one of those insecure guys that takes everything the "wrong way" and you can't convince him otherwise.  I have known way too many men like that so I don't buy into his victim routine.

I think she is getting shit about it because when all the other husbands showed up she made zero effort to invite Jake when it morphed from a girls event to a couples one. And she knew it hurt his feelings and she did not even try to apologize. Not for the situation, but for the fact that it was hurtful to him. I know if I had come downstairs and found that going on I would be tremendously hurt. Yet she shrugged it off basically saying "well, they just came along and I needed a break". It feels cruel and kind of heartless to me.

I don't blame her if she's not feeling it with him. He is not everyone's cup of tea. But I am tired of her saying to Jake, Viviana, and the camera crew "I'm in this, I want this to work" but then her actions are the opposite. She doesn't want to discuss their relationship anymore? Then she should actually tell him the truth so he quits wondering what the hell is going on. She doesn't have to be mean about it, but if he knew where he actually stood, he would probably stop questioning her about it at every turn.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

What I don't understand is that the other wives went with her and yet Haley is the only one getting shit for it.  Why?  Because the others are getting on with their husbands?  What's the difference?  As far as I recall, on unfiltered Haley said the other guys just showed up.  No one sent them engraved invitations and they didn't get snarky with their wives for going out to have drinks without them.  Why should Haley be expected to call Jake under those casual circumstances?  She probably was just sticking it out until she could go back to the room and didn't want to make a big occasion out of it.  Jake is just one of those insecure guys that takes everything the "wrong way" and you can't convince him otherwise.  I have known way too many men like that so I don't buy into his victim routine.

"Haley said..." 🤔

And Jake said that they all skedaddled when they spotted him.

Moreover, why shouldn't Haley have contacted Jake at that point? Takes ten seconds. 

One last point: The husbands, it is to be inferred, showed up together, minus Jake. I think that group male rejection hurt the most. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

The whole concept behind the Lifetime show UNReal showed exactly how they manipulate the participants. And, you're right, @Hip-to-be-Square, there is no thought of anything except drama, no matter how dirty they have to go.

Thank you for the UNReal show recommendation! I looked up clips and I am definitely going to watch it.  There is definitely a dark side to the inner workings of this show and I read that cast members have very restrictive contracts about what they can disclose when discussing filming and the experience.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Thank you for the UNReal show recommendation! I looked up clips and I am definitely going to watch it.  There is definitely a dark side to the inner workings of this show and I read that cast members have very restrictive contracts about what they can disclose when discussing filming and the experience.  

I watched that show and I believe that it does mimic what’s happening IRL on a lot of shows. It changed my viewpoint about show runners, producers, production and directors forever. Oh, I did love UNReal. It was an eye opener. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Religion is usually excluded from this, even with all the supposed people of deep faith & THIS is what we get??!! TERRIBLE!! That fool is looking for however he can use her & now he's back to "spiritually" using her. That was the perfect opportunity to cut him off cuz he didn't do what he said, yet, she let it slide, AS USUAL!! I can't take this nonsense!! 😤

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lindz said:

Strong arm? Oh. These poor, weak people! How big was the gun?? 😂😂 That's why that bs is supported?? LOL! Somehow, some wives actually left: Heather.... Mindy..... They can leave the marriage & still film. That. Simple. Pastor Cal supported Paige & Chris divorcing. Dopes CHOOSE to stay & people who don't like fakers HATE THAT CRAP. We especially hate it when they barely even tried! Marriage ain't for punks & this show ain't for punks! 😂

I think the show has stiffened up the contracts since Heather and Mindy and now forces them to not only film but act like they're still all-in with making things work whether they want to do that or not.  Whatever production wants them to do they have to do.  That was obvious to me with Paige when she keeps saying "I'm done" then the next thing you know she's talking with production and they're telling her what to say to Chris.  WTF?  Suddenly she's going to talk to Chris after storming out like she's over and done with him for good?  I'm sure it was because she was strong-armed into it.  Again and again.  Sure, she "chooses" to stay but does so under duress because she would forfeit $$$ if she doesn't do what they want her to do.  Who knows what the legal contracts threaten if they don't do it?  These people should have had a lawyer go over the contracts before signing them.  Of course nobody thinks they're going to have a worst case scenario so they probably would take the chance anyway.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I think she is getting shit about it because when all the other husbands showed up she made zero effort to invite Jake when it morphed from a girls event to a couples one. And she knew it hurt his feelings and she did not even try to apologize. Not for the situation, but for the fact that it was hurtful to him. I know if I had come downstairs and found that going on I would be tremendously hurt. Yet she shrugged it off basically saying "well, they just came along and I needed a break". It feels cruel and kind of heartless to me.

I don't blame her if she's not feeling it with him. He is not everyone's cup of tea. But I am tired of her saying to Jake, Viviana, and the camera crew "I'm in this, I want this to work" but then her actions are the opposite. She doesn't want to discuss their relationship anymore? Then she should actually tell him the truth so he quits wondering what the hell is going on. She doesn't have to be mean about it, but if he knew where he actually stood, he would probably stop questioning her about it at every turn.

I'm not ready to be so judgmental with her about it.  The point of the "girls night" was for the women to have a moment together without their husbands.  This is not a strange thing as I do believe similar activities have happened in earlier seasons, some or all of which looked to me like they were suggested and arranged by production.  I think she was just sticking with the original plan not deliberately excluding him.  Otherwise what's the point of a "girl's night"?  I think the men were being intrusive of that by crashing it if you want my personal opinion.  They should have said, "Hi" to the women but just let them be without intruding on that.  It's not like these people aren't figuratively joined at the hip during the honeymoon for practically 24/7.  A couple of hours away shouldn't be a big deal and they should have honored that. 

Just because the other men intruded on that doesn't obligate Haley to include Jake.  I just don't see that as being anything near "heartless or cruel" nor should she be forced to apologize for not inviting him.  I am not buying into this victim routine with Jake.  He wants everyone to think that Haley is being heartless and cruel but I'm not buying it.  I think he is way too oppressive of her and has too high expectations.  Everything is a personal affront with him.  She can't even go down to the girls night and not be accused of everything from avoiding him to meeting (of all things) a BOYFRIEND!  If that doesn't show the ultimate in scary paranoia, I don't know what does.  Seeing that is like a picture that tells a thousand words.  What a revelation!  What guy makes a federal offense out of something like that?  And then act bitter about all of them "scattering"?  WOW, now all of them are supposedly in on it with her just to exclude him?  NOT BUYING IT.  Even if it hurt him after acting like that who could blame her for not apologizing when he wouldn't even give her the benefit of the doubt and jumps right to the worst case conclusion?  How insulting of her (and the others) not to mention scary!  What could she have possibly done to him by that point that would lead him to be THAT paranoid?  Geesh, he's unbelievable!  No wonder she was happy to have a girl's night.  If that's the tip of the iceberg with him, WOW what else is he doing behind the scenes?  Being with him must have felt like a noose around her neck at that point and she just was looking for a couple of hours of space.

And BTW, I have already said that production strong-arms them into saying they want things to work whether they want to or not.  Also her actions look like she is doing the opposite of that because that's what production is letting us see and what Jake is manipulating it to look like because he is paranoid and has an axe to grind.  She says she has made an effort to have conversations with him that he cuts off and so she feels deflated from finding any common ground with him - they even SHOWED us a reel of those situations where he over and over thwarts any chance of a rapport developing between them with dismissive and one word answers.  Plus she HAS been honest with him about her not feeling attracted to him and something just not clicking.  I don't know what else she could do to be more honest with him other than say that the show is forcing her to stick with it, but of course the show won't let her say that.  But truthfully she actually may be forcing herself to give things more of a chance to see if her feelings change.  That is what the experts force them to do.  She is just doing what they ask them to do, and yes, they are pretty pushy about that.  The only other thing she could do at this point is leave, but she is second guessing herself and buying into the idea that she's not putting enough effort into this, so she follows the advice of the experts and sticks with it despite how she feels.  And I could just imagine how the audience would react if she did stick to her convictions and leave.  I am SURE she would be seen as a villain if she did and Jake himself would take advantage of that to continue to push himself as the victim.  So she is stuck between a rock and a hard place here. 

I have been watching this show forever and it is this way season in and season out with so many couples.  I can't blame any of them at this point.  This show is reprehensible in what it makes them do and how bad it makes some of them look, especially the women who are matched with either dirtbags or men they don't click with at all.  Should Haley have had the conviction to hold her head up high and defend herself like "Mindy"?  Perhaps, but she doesn't have that kind of strong self image.  She is letting Jake bulldoze her and make himself the victim.  She is also letting the show bulldoze her.  She is second guessing herself and not defending herself properly.  It is making her look disingenuous and IMO that is not fair to her.  I feel bad for her more than anything because Jake is manipulating things to make himself look like the victim and her look bad, and the show loves it because it's the kind of drama they want to exploit.  Her message is getting lost but at least I for one am hearing it.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yes

And I think when Jake suggested spooning or a kiss he was just showing that, though she had just agreed to Dr V's request that she try a good night kiss, she did not mean it. I think he knows she's trying to act like she's trying for the cameras but without the spotlight she's not.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She is letting Jake bulldoze her and make himself the victim.  She is also letting the show bulldoze her.  She is second guessing herself and not defending herself properly.  It is making her look disingenuous and IMO that is not fair to her.  I feel bad for her more than anything because Jake is manipulating things to make himself look like the victim and her look bad, and the show loves it because it's the kind of drama they want to exploit.  Her message is getting lost but at least I for one am hearing it.

Agreed. 
Production is editing for the scripted storyline that Haley is the villain.

The brides and grooms are Team Haley.

If it weren’t for Chri$, Jake would be the least liked.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lindz said:

Strong arm? Oh. These poor, weak people! How big was the gun?? 😂😂 That's why that bs is supported?? LOL! Somehow, some wives actually left: Heather.... Mindy..... They can leave the marriage & still film. That. Simple. Pastor Cal supported Paige & Chris divorcing. Dopes CHOOSE to stay & people who don't like fakers HATE THAT CRAP. We especially hate it when they barely even tried! Marriage ain't for punks & this show ain't for punks! 😂

I don’t even know why I respond.  This show is phony and the people in it are instructed what to say and do.  Here n there is a crack, and a couple will just happen to fall in love, now and then.  I don’t mean you .. I mean in general.  In the beginning it was interesting.  Now, it’s becoming unbearable.  I still watch tho, and don’t know why.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Yes

And I think when Jake suggested spooning or a kiss he was just showing that, though she had just agreed to Dr V's request that she try a good night kiss, she did not mean it. I think he knows she's trying to act like she's trying for the cameras but without the spotlight she's not.

I think so too.  Here we are arguing with each other while they all are going to the bank.  Plus, many have left here if you notice.  Who the heck would marry a person sight unseen in the first place?  I think they are all nuts or fame whores.  Better to find a Matchmaker.  At least you get to see and talk with the person before making a decision to go forward.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"Haley said..." 🤔

And Jake said that they all skedaddled when they spotted him.

Moreover, why shouldn't Haley have contacted Jake at that point? Takes ten seconds. 

One last point: The husbands, it is to be inferred, showed up together, minus Jake. I think that group male rejection hurt the most. 

Isn’t it odd that Haley needed time to herself about four times in four weeks?  Even one night a sleepover.  Plus, I think Haley was knocking Jake to the other girls .. that’s why they were against him.  Not fair.  Why is Haley still there?  She looks like she will pass out when with Jake.  Does she need the money or what?  Why not just leave if she can’t stand him?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Isn’t it odd that Haley needed time to herself about four times in four weeks?  Even one night a sleepover.  Plus, I think Haley was knocking Jake to the other girls .. that’s why they were against him.  Not fair.  Why is Haley still there?  She looks like she will pass out when with Jake.  Does she need the money or what?  Why not just leave if she can’t stand him?

yeah and, maybe i missed it, but who was she having the sleepover with? one of the other brides or a friend or ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Whatever production wants them to do they have to do.  That was obvious to me with Paige when she keeps saying "I'm done" then the next thing you know she's talking with production and they're telling her what to say to Chris. 

Here's the thing about that though - they were actually telling her to go tell him she was done so she could leave! They were not pressuring her to stay, in fact, quite the opposite. Both PC and Viv have expressed concern to her face in her choice to stay with him. She does NOT have to do it!

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I just don't see that as being anything near "heartless or cruel" nor should she be forced to apologize for not inviting him. 

I do think her attitude is both of those things in the aftermath. Obviously, we disagree. She doesn't need to apologize for not inviting him, but she showed no concern or acknowledgement of his feelings or that he was hurt by the situation regardless of how it came about. If it was me and I came down and found that happening I would expect my spouse to try to see things from my perspective and would hope that they feel bad that they made me feel that way whether it was intentional or not.

I don't think she's a villain. But I do think she is contributing to this situation where he's asking what's happening and are you attracted to me. He is not dumb. He just wants her to be honest about it and she is absolutely not. And I don't agree that they "have to" keep up this false pretense. She could leave, she just has to keep filming. She doesn't have to pretend she's invested. Jake would probably rather go back to his house anyway. I really just think he's a quiet nerd who got matched with the wrong woman. Her two tag lines are "I do what I want when I want" and "I'm picky". Neither will work in the context of this show.

• Love 4

I think the show has stiffened up the contracts since Heather and Mindy and now forces them to not only film but act like they're still all-in with making things work whether they want to do that or not. 

I do agree that it has changed since Heather but Mindy was only two seasons ago. Hard to say what was going on last season with Olivia and Brett and Henry and Christina due to production shutting down with Covid.

• Love 1

Sure, she "chooses" to stay but does so under duress because she would forfeit $$$ if she doesn't do what they want her to do.  Who knows what the legal contracts threaten if they don't do it?  These people should have had a lawyer go over the contracts before signing them.  

Nine days of sex aside, he doesn't want her. Like Henry didn't want Christina.

If Paige acknowledged early on that this marriage will never, ever thrive, perhaps they could have work together to fulfill the terms of their contract. On their terms. They could have channelled their inner Clara and continued to have sex, just to have sex, with the understanding that they will part ways after the end of the show, and keep it to themselves. Or they could channelled their inner Hayley and stopped having sex. They are both clearly playing. Either playing the other person, playing themselves, or playing us. Why not own it, work together to create a more dignified narrative that won't repel future partners,  or attract unsavory men who wonder if they can exploit Paige even more than Chris has, play MAFS, and collect their checks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think so too.  Here we are arguing with each other while they all are going to the bank.  Plus, many have left here if you notice.  Who the heck would marry a person sight unseen in the first place?  I think they are all nuts or fame whores.  Better to find a Matchmaker.  At least you get to see and talk with the person before making a decision to go forward.

I think the better question is who would trust a trashy reality show to find them a marriage partner, sight unseen.

31 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Nine days of sex aside, he doesn't want her. Like Henry didn't want Christina.

If Paige acknowledged early on that this marriage will never, ever thrive, perhaps they could have work together to fulfill the terms of their contract. On their terms. They could have channelled their inner Clara and continued to have sex, just to have sex, with the understanding that they will part ways after the end of the show, and keep it to themselves. Or they could channelled their inner Hayley and stopped having sex. They are both clearly playing. Either playing the other person, playing themselves, or playing us. Why not own it, work together to create a more dignified narrative that won't repel future partners,  or attract unsavory men who wonder if they can exploit Paige even more than Chris has, play MAFS, and collect their checks.

It is hard to feel empathy for this girl when Chris has done everything short of faking his own death to tell her that he does not want to be with her and that he does not like her in that way.

I still hate Chris.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

There are different levels of love alright! & Erik & Virginia are BARELY on the FIRST one, if that!! 😂😂 They like each other. They barely know each other. Getting caught up & saying, "I love you," so soon is dumb. It already looks like someone is disappointed more & more.

• Love 1

So let’s put it this way.  If it was reverse and Jake left Haley alone in the room many times without explanation, would she take that, or would she raise the roof?  I’d go with the latter.  She would be hurt and feel disrespected.  The over nite thing was the worst.  All the girls are sticking up for her also, and against Jake because of Haley.  How would she feel if that was her?  Why are people talking about Jake.  The other men are no bargains either.  It’s all about Jake.  Meanwhile, he was the nicest on Unfiltered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm thinking Haley just isn't the type of gal to be married.  Maybe her best is being bridesmaid to all of her friends.

Some women prefer their own company and being able to do things their own way.

Haley could have been talked into all of this by caring friends that just don't understand some people are most comfortable with themselves.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

If Jake left Haley alone in the room she would feel relieved, even if he didn't give her an explanation.   She'd probably get with some of her girlfriends.

True, but if she did decide to venture out and found Jake hanging with the guys plus some of the girls she might be upset just as he was in the reverse situation.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

True, but if she did decide to venture out and found Jake hanging with the guys plus some of the girls she might be upset just as he was in the reverse situation.

Yes, she might wonder what the heck was going on and she might be hurt, but I doubt she'd accuse him of seeing a girlfriend.  She'd probably go to one of the women and ask what's going on. 

• Love 3

Erik & VA seem to me a bit like Lilly & Tom of Miami season. They, also, were hot & heavy right away, had a few bumps during the show, & even though seemed way too different they stayed together. However, they divorced at the one year mark. I could see that happening with these two.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Erik & VA seem to me a bit like Lilly & Tom of Miami season. They, also, were hot & heavy right away, had a few bumps during the show, & even though seemed way too different they stayed together. However, they divorced at the one year mark. I could see that happening with these two.

And they divorced because they wanted different lives. She was upwardly mobile, aspired to comfort via her work; he wanted to live in a bus and work only when he had to. I called their divorce; they made it to the “where is this going?” stage & realized they were going in opposite directions.

I could see that with Erik and Virginia too, if their political differences are insurmountable or if she doesn’t budge on waiting to have kids - which she should not, if she really want to wait she should respect her timeline. She’s young, the biological clock isn’t an issue yet, and she met Erik three weeks ago. She should take her time.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yup, I said the pretty much same thing on page 3 of this thread.  I didn't realize it was only a year, though.:

On 3/18/2021 at 12:46 AM, Yeah No said:

They're beginning to remind me of Tom and Lillian from several seasons ago.  They had hot chemistry but their lifestyles and life goals were very different.  They lasted past decision day but ended up divorcing after a few years.

I wonder if Eric and Virginia will even make it a year!

• Love 3
On 3/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

On Unfiltered, Haley said that Ryan (I think it was) went downstairs with Clara but was going to leave her with the girls and go off and gamble.  (Or maybe it was Vinny and Brianna?)  Erik came down with Virginia and I don't know if he (uninvitedly) intended to stay with her all along or what, but he did decide that, and when Ryan saw Erik was going to stay, he decided to stay, too.  It doesn't sound like the husbands formed an actual group that excluded Jake.

I've been in situations where an intended grouping turned out to be different from what was planned, kind of by accretion, so I've been Team Haley on this.  But I'd still like to know what exactly all of them running away when Jake showed up looked like.

On 3/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, qtpye said:

I think the better question is who would trust a trashy reality show to find them a marriage partner, sight unseen.

The problem is that it does work every once in a while.  And I can see being tired of dating and saying, "What the hell." 

Now, it's the people who are hugely anti-divorce who go on this show who really puzzle me, because if you take divorce that seriously, you should take marriage that seriously, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/24/2021 at 3:02 AM, Yeah No said:

I think the show has stiffened up the contracts since Heather and Mindy and now forces them to not only film but act like they're still all-in with making things work whether they want to do that or not.  Whatever production wants them to do they have to do. 

I think Mindy was forced to give her asshole husband a lot more attention than she would have otherwise as well.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I'm thinking Haley just isn't the type of gal to be married.  Maybe her best is being bridesmaid to all of her friends.

Some women prefer their own company and being able to do things their own way.

Haley could have been talked into all of this by caring friends that just don't understand some people are most comfortable with themselves.

It's too bad she doesn't live in the same city as Olivia - they could each stay in their own apartments and be friends and invite each other when they need a "plus one" and don't want to go alone!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Racj82 said:

They've been doing this the whole season. They will say how they are on the same wavelength and growing together blah blah blah but the reality betrays them all the time. Honestly, Erik and Virginia seem the same way. Both couples talk a good game about how great they are together and how happy they are but what we see onscreen are two couples falling apart with a bunch of issues.

These are things that naturally come up 4 weeks in.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, bichonblitz said:

All Ryan ever says is:  Sure. We're getting there. You could practically see Clara's skin crawl when ever he says those words over and over again. Suurre. We're getting there. No, Ryan, you are not getting anywhere. I have to admit Clara was not very nice talking about changing everything in his house to accommodate her. That's a turn off. These two don't match. Just as bad as Jake and Haley except they are more polite about it. 

I agreed 100% with everything Jake said to Haley. He was cool and calm and said everything that was on his mind. He took Haley down and she was shocked and embarrassed in front of the camera. She deserved every bit of it. 

Erik's family must have some big money. I wish he would stop pretending to the other couples that he and GinGin are perfect together from the get go. Aside from sex, they have so many issues,  for some reason he doesn't want any of the couples to know. Stop fronting Erik! Erik and Clara would be much better suited for each other. He's a pilot, she's a flight attendant, she's ready for love and committment. He's a neat freak, she's a neat freak. She would probably love his condo, too.  I wonder why the experts didn't match them. 

Eric does not seem to be fronting.  They are very hot for each other.  They are only half way into processing the differences outside of bed.  They will have time to see what things are negotiable.  I wouldn't start selling my house after 4 weeks with a heavy drinker.  I'd be looking for them to slow down the drinking.  I can't sell when they don't know if they want children because I know that's a deal breaker.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:10 PM, Retired at last said:

Depends. If he truly just eats steak and eggs (and not much else), then yes. If he eats regular food when he is out and doesn't have to cook for himself, then probably no more than anyone else would.

He is a carnivore eater, sometimes Keto eater.  There are no body odors.  Some people have brief 2-4 day breath changes when they start the diet.  I've been looking at his plates and I am not seeing steak and eggs very much.

Edited by Kira53
spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Eric does not seem to be fronting.  They are very hot for each other.  They are only half way into processing the differences outside of bed.  They will have time to see what things are negotiable.  I wouldn't start selling my house after 4 weeks with a heavy drinker.  I'd be looking for them to slow down the drinking.  I can't sell when they don't know if they want children because I know that's a deal breaker.

He is fronting because he's pretending to anybody he has a discussion with that he and Virginia are perfect, they get along great, they are soul mates, no problems, etc.....when we all see it's not true. They disagree on just about everything except sex. Next week it's a big fight over her dog. Her dog!! Every week it's something. So, yeah, he's fronting about the relationship having no issues when everybody else is honest about where they are in their relationships. Why is he afraid to tell the truth? It's not a crime that they have things to work out. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I just don't understand why this show continues to cast people in their early-  to mid-20s. When they say they have tried everything find a partner, that's just nonsense. People that age should take some time to find themselves as adults and THEN find a partner. Look at how immature Virginia is, but maybe for her age, she's not? Look at Katie from a couple season ago. She was a spoiled, immature baby and had no business getting married. I think the minimum age should be 30. That does bring baggage, but also more life experience and the ability to interact and compromise more. Even as it is, we have people who have been "single" for many years (um, if they aren't married, they are single. If they haven't been in a relationship, say that. Everyone on this show is single and has been until they get married.)

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I just don't understand why this show continues to cast people in their early-  to mid-20s. When they say they have tried everything find a partner, that's just nonsense. People that age should take some time to find themselves as adults and THEN find a partner. Look at how immature Virginia is, but maybe for her age, she's not? Look at Katie from a couple season ago. She was a spoiled, immature baby and had no business getting married. I think the minimum age should be 30. That does bring baggage, but also more life experience and the ability to interact and compromise more. Even as it is, we have people who have been "single" for many years (um, if they aren't married, they are single. If they haven't been in a relationship, say that. Everyone on this show is single and has been until they get married.)

I completely agree about the need for the minimum age to be 30 or more on MAFS and I think that The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise should do the same.  I think that we would see less immaturity, binge drinking, forced baby voices, hysterical meltdowns and cattiness on these shows amongst both genders if they allowed 30 and older to be cast.  There's a great reality TV show in the UK called "First Dates" that I found on Youtube that not only films blind dates with 20 somethings, but also middle aged and senior singles and I wish that type of non ageist view on dating and pursuit of romance on reality TV could make it to the USA somehow.  

• Love 5
On 3/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I hate how this show romanticizes arranged marriages; it can work sometimes, but I've dated two men whose parents were in arranged marriages and their parents had very toxic relationships with a lot of resentment and abuse.  If someone lives in a society that generally gives you the autonomy to choose a partner on your own that matches you on multiple levels of compatibility, why rid yourself of that opportunity by going on the show?!  I'm in my 30's and single and I'd much rather be a "spinster" and live my life regardless of if I find a husband or not than have "experts" choose my husband out of a limited lineup of very desperate and impatient men.  

Nothing wrong with still being singles.  I’ve seen girls in their thirties that have already been married and divorced twice.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Nothing wrong with still being singles.  I’ve seen girls in their thirties that have already been married and divorced twice.

Thank you!  That's a very great point and now that I think of it, I also have seen girls divorced and married again by my age.  This drama filled show is great for preventing any occasional wistful thoughts of "will I get married?" 😄

• Love 1