Type keyword(s) to search

Gadgets: Phones, Tablets, & Whatever Else They Come Up With Next!

• Start Topic

First, I hate Twitter. I really, really hate, loathe, despise it.

Okay. Now that I have that off my chest...

It took me foreverrrr to give Facebook a chance, and I don't like it, what with everyone putting all their bidnez, and I mean ALL, and everything...but it's a necessary evil, because I can stay in contact with all my friends and relatives in India. And If I want to know what my friends here are up to, because, email? what's that? It's all texting, pmin'g, im'ng, blah, blah, blah.

That said, I'm a technoturd. I know what I need to know of software for work, and enough to know how to play with my iPhone.  But now, NOW, thar's this new fandangled thang called Instagram.  I, sigh....registered for it, and somehow was able to send requests to my friends to "follow" me, I guess. But now that I'm all set up, if you will. What if I want another friend to follow me? Or I want to follow them? How in tarnation do I FUCKING do that?

Can anyone help? And tell me, like i'm 10 years old and speak s-l-o-w-l-yyyyy.

Thank ye!

• Love 1
I'm of no help at all, I own a flip phone.

I had a flip phone until a couple of months ago when it died, so we bought our first smart phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 (which is a couple of generations old, but I don't care).  Both my husband and I are still learning to use it.  He uses it most of the time, I use an even older Nokia phone that doesn't do much more than make phone calls, but that's fine since that's all I really need to do with it.  I do have an IPod touch which can get the internet through wifi, but pretty much 99% of the time I'm either sitting in front of my computer at work, or next to my laptop at home, so I don't really need a smart phone.   I do own a Kindle, which I read e-books on (great to take while traveling).  

• Love 3

That said, I'm a technoturd. I know what I need to know of software for work, and enough to know how to play with my iPhone.  But now, NOW, thar's this new fandangled thang called Instagram.  I, sigh....registered for it, and somehow was able to send requests to my friends to "follow" me, I guess. But now that I'm all set up, if you will. What if I want another friend to follow me? Or I want to follow them? How in tarnation do I FUCKING do that?

Thank ye!

There might be another way to do it, but while using the mobile device app I go to the "Explore" option, which is located right next to the "Home" button on the bottom. It resembles a star and once in that you can either search users or hashtags. I searched the actual person's name that was used during their registration and their Instagram name and their handle would come up underneath the search bar. From there you tap on their handle and go to their account and there is an option to follow them.

Hope that helps. I am not a savvy Instagram user so there might be a simpler way.

• Love 1

So, a rant about social media isn't what I was expecting when I clicked the link to this thread :P I was going to talk about how cool my new Nexus 5 is! But maybe not now..

Where having a phone is concerned, a few years back I had a pretty standard phone, it would take calls, send messages etc and then my work gave me an iPhone4 and then when they made me redundant they took it back.. there's no going back to standard phone after a smart phone as far as I'm concerned.

So I bought a smart phone, it really pissed me off and now, 2 years+ later I bought my Nexus 5 which is lovely.

Now, social media, I use twitter and instagram.. I wish I could help with instagram but I have the Android version, not sure if they're the same or not so I'm not much help there.

I don't use facebook, I don't want people I used to know stalking me. I also don't understand tumblr or pinterest. they seem pretty similar except one is to re-post someone elses' gifs and one is to re-post someone elses' work. I really, don't, understand.

That being said, I generally do like new gadgets and things, I like seeing how customisable they are and what I can do with them.

• Love 1

Since I'm still using a flip phone (love the way they sort of "curl" around the lower face like those old phones), I'd like to get something to take along with me to check emails, read the paper, show family photos, while out and about or traveling--to use only while in a WiFi area so I don't have to pay a monthly fee.  Would I be able to do this if I buy an Ipod?

Re: Facebook...I've kept the number of "Friends" to 15 (a couple friends, the rest are relatives I keep in touch with).  These are the folks I'm comfy with seeing my goofy comments under photos I've posted.  I set it up so that anyone else browsing through Facebook can only see my photo and name--no town, no other information. So far, I've only had a few friend-requests from people I'm not interested in adding to my group (and I've ignored their requests). One other thing I've done is limit what I have to see from some of my more prolific friends' postings (once a week I go to their pages to "catch up" with what they're posting, make comments under stuff I enjoyed/am interested in, skim quickly through the rest).  This really saved my Facebook Sanity!

P.S.  Had to add that I don't understand Pinterest.  My sister loves it, tried to get me to sign up, but when I went to the site, I just couldn't "get it". My only impression was that it was for folks who love to do arts & crafts projects...but I could be very wrong about this.

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Love 1
I'd like to get something to take along with me to check emails, read the paper, show family photos, while out and about or traveling--to use only while in a WiFi area so I don't have to pay a monthly fee.  Would I be able to do this if I buy an Ipod?

I can use both my Kindle and my iPod Touch to check emails, read news on the internet, etc.   Which one I carry depends on whether I'm driving or walking.  When I'm walking, I just take my IPod touch, if i'm going to be in a car or on a train, airplane, etc, I will take the Kindle, since it's larger and easier to read.  I also don't want to pay a monthly fee for internet access on the road, since I'm actually not on the road that much.   I can read all my books that I have on my Kindle on my iPod touch if I want, I find it really convenient if I'm unexpectedly forced to wait in line or something.  

• Love 2

Since I'm still using a flip phone (love the way they sort of "curl" around the lower face like those old phones), I'd like to get something to take along with me to check emails, read the paper, show family photos, while out and about or traveling--to use only while in a WiFi area so I don't have to pay a monthly fee.  Would I be able to do this if I buy an Ipod?

I'm a bit late to the party but you could do this with tablets as well.. it depends on whether you want to use it when out and about (so, something small you can just put in your pocket or bag) or are ok with something a bit bigger.

I have an ipad that only works in wifi and it would do all of that.

• Love 1

I'm a bit of a Luddite as well, but I bought my iPod Touch several years ago, and it is my favorite thing ever (well, until I got my Samsung tablent, which is no longer being made due to patent infringement lawsuits won by Apple). My Mazda3 has Bluetooth in it, so I jam out to my iPod playlists all of the time, and I don't have to take the iPod out of my purse to access it on my car speakers. When I'm at work and doing mind-numbing data entry that doesn't require much brain activity, I just plug in the iPod, find one of my tv episodes that I've watched loads of times, turn the screen face down so I'm not tempted to watch, and just listen to it. Also, I've loaded podcasts onto it, and those are equally enjoyable. I recently discovered the Now Playing movie podcasts and their sister site, Books and Nachos, for book podcasts (both sites are doing LotR right now--very fun!), and there are lots of other great podcasts as well.

I do have a Motorola Razr smartphone, but I am definitely not using it to its full potential. I'm just annoyed that I can't load my iTunes onto it, so I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the now-older iPhone5S models, which are going to be cheap this fall now that the iPhone6 has been introduced. I read a great article at ArsTechnica (http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ask-ars-when-should-i-plan-to-upgrade-my-iphone/) that recommends if one should replace their older iPhone with the new one. My Razr is two years old, and my contract is up at Thanksgiving, so it would be a good time to switch over to the iPhone and then just get rid of the iPod so I'm not carrying two things in my purse.

As for my tablet, I highly recommend one for anyone who loves to surf the web but hates having to boot up their desktop/laptop computer at home every time they just need to find someplace to replace a cheap watchband that is fraying badly (for example, not that I had to look that up last night...). I hardly ever use my laptop at home anymore now that I have my table to surf with.

• Love 2

I'm pretty much the opposite of most people who have posted on this thread thus far.

I love tech, partially just because I love it and partially because as a person with a disability I use it to make my life easier. 

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for my phone, it is my third Samsung Android, having previously owned the original Galaxy S and the original Nexus. I briefly had a Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone and an iPhone as well. I quite like Windows phone (and this is coming from someone who is a complete slave to Apple in terms of OS choice) but I found the lack of apps (this was two years ago) frustrating. I then had an iPhone 5 which I loved but I chose the Note 3 when I was due for an upgrade because of the very large screen. It makes life so much easier for me and because I have dexterity problems, I find using the larger screen with the onscreen keyboard leads to less errors in my typing. Now of course Apple is finally doing large screen phones but I'm thinking I will stick with Android because I like the customisation options. 

I have an ageing, late 2011 iPad 2, early 2011 13" non-retina display Macbook Pro, a mid 2010 20" iMac and newly purchased mid 2014 Macbook Air. I'm going to give my old Macbook Pro to my mum next time I see her, she still has a 2007 Macbook which is slowly dying a death of old age and my Macbook Pro is still in great condition. I needed the lightness of the air and the long battery life.

• Love 3

I use Twitter and Facebook, but mainly to help publicize an artists' group I belong to.  It's free publicity and I like to think it helps a little.  I rarely post anything under my own name, though I do follow other people (a few relatives and organizations) on FB at times.

I used to maintain a website for work, and believe me it was a tough job.  You have to update constantly.  Anyway, I only have a personal one for my photography now which is much easier to handle. 

I do have a working Ipad One - Resell value $2  it says on the web! However it still runs Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and a lot of other apps so I keep it for vacation use.  However I got a new Ipad Mini this year and I think it's absolutely great, it has the portability of a Kindle with the color, web and video capability of a regular Ipad.  I do like it.  I also got an Iphone 5c but kind of wish I hadn't since so many people seem to have theirs get damaged or stolen...My old rule of thumb was never spend more than $100 on a phone but I do keep it hidden.

If you get a phone or tablet the podcasts can be a lot of free fun. I listen all the time to the Film Photography Podcast who explore all kinds of rare cameras and film and are really entertaining.

Edited by roseha

A 10 y/o would know how to use Instagram :p (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I hate Twitter, deleted my account.

I had an Instagram before it was popular, refuse to sign up again, or retrieve my user name.

Facebook is good to manage my beer-league sport social life and play Candy Crush. And see when my friends have adorable children moments (none over-share, they're all really good about it).

I have a Galaxy S3 that I use to watch TV at the gym, use navigation, check email, manage my social life and... you guessed it.... play Candy Crush. Oh and Wordfued.

I have a Kindle Keyboard that broke, I replaced it with another Kindle Keyboard. I like the keyboard and e-ink.

I kinda want the new Nexus, I think having an Android straight from Google would be fun.

Has anyone sold their phones online? My parents upgraded to new iPhones & want me to sell their old ones. From the bit of research I've done it sounds like directly to Apple (which may be out since they already have new phones) or maybe Amazon. Suggestions or experience appreciated!!

I have a work issued cell phone, which is sadly a very dumb smart phone.  900,000 Android apps locked out.  Heh.  They do allow internet access, so if I need to check in with social media I can. But it won't be through the easy to use apps.

So I use a Kindle Fire to do most of that stuff at home. I also watch the majority of streamed video on that device.  The Kindle has a great screen and is a solid performer, but it has the limitation of the Amazon Store for some things.  I can use other app stores to get stuff, but the Kindle really wants me to use Amazon for everything.  We have an iPad 1 too, but that sucker won't upgrade to the latest operating system, so there are now quite a few apps we can't run on it.

And I stumbled ass backwards into winning a new iPad Air at the company Xmas party, but with my tablet needs already met, I returned it at Best Buy and am about to go home to a new laptop instead.  For a little more than the price of that iPad, I was able to pick up a touchscreen laptop with an i5 processor. It looks like it should do everything I want to do and I can convince my kids that it is a work laptop and they can't use it when I'm not home. (Even though they will certainly see me playing games on it.)

• Love 1

I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I need some phone advice.  I have a 3 year old iPhone and I hate it.  Generally, I'm an Apple gal because I REALLY hate MS, and I'm cool with my MacBook.  But this phone...ugh.  The battery dies, the aps don't work, I gave up on getting email on it six months ago because it just didn't happen.  Then I realized, I don't want f'n emails on my phone. I hate email. Hell, I hate the regular mail.  The only ONE thing I like about smartphones are the cameras.  Ergo, I sound like an idiot.  Pictures...sooo handy!  I'm gonna googlefu it, but if anyone has a rec on a basic phone with a decent camera (think able to take pictures, not shoot a Vogue spread or even video) and photo texting let me know.  I'm pretty sure I'm hunting unicorns.

I was in the same boat - I didn't need/want a smartphone as I only use it to make calls (how quaint is that?), text & photos. Had my brother who is in the cell industry research and he came up with ....Apple.

I found all the non-smartphones have crap cameras and they feel much flimsier these days than in days of yore. When I was trying to choose phones for my kids in the less than $200 range were either cheap quality & poor cameras that cost about $150 or an iPhone 4s at $200. They ended up with the 4s.

Plus non-data plans cost as much as data plans.

When I was looking, I shopped a bunch of different providers and stores. I asked the sales people and the on-site tech, which phone they would choose for themselves -cost not a consideration. About an even split between latest iPhone and Samsung Galaxy (whatever was latest/greatest version last fall).

Good luck

Why not try a Blackberry???

I have a passport and love it.

Mr. ebk and I both have Z10's and it's getting close to upgrade time.  Does the weird size of the Passport make it difficult to use at all? 

Although it does seem at bit weird at first, I haven't had any problems at all (except for trying to use some Android apps which can't deal with the screens 1:1 ratio). I got used to it very quickly however and I have smallish hands so was worried the width would bug. It didn't.

Here's something completely different: a genuine pearl with a chip inside. It's all been patented and trademarked by Galatea.

"Imagine being able to say 'I Love You" repeating into eternity or being able to record your wedding vows in an anniversary gift worn close to the heart. With just a tap of your phone to this pearl you can listen to your children's laughter or see your loved one's face. The Momento Pearl requires no battery and no wire. Think of it as a digital locket for the 21st century."

You can get one on Kickstarter:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/600231570/store-your-memories-in-a-pearl-the-momento-pearl-f?ref=nav_search

Here's a recent JD Powers Customer Care Rating's for both contract and non-contract providers.  Seems like everyone thought Net10 sucked too.

Here's one that tells you which major service provider's network they piggyback off.  Not sure how much of an issue that is anymore, but in days of yore, certain providers coverage in some areas was very spotty.

I was in the same boat as you in not wanting a smart phone, but I really found the non-smart phones were such low quality (and almost as expensive as an older iPhone) that I couldn't bring myself to buy them.  See my post from March about this.

I bought Jitterbug phones for my parents in the last 18 months.  The quality of the handset is pretty good, but I believe the texting on that platform gets pricey.  My folks don't text so not an issue for us on that front.

A 10 y/o would know how to use Instagram :p (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I hate Twitter, deleted my account.

I had an Instagram before it was popular, refuse to sign up again, or retrieve my user name.

Facebook is good to manage my beer-league sport social life and play Candy Crush. And see when my friends have adorable children moments (none over-share, they're all really good about it).

I have a Galaxy S3 that I use to watch TV at the gym, use navigation, check email, manage my social life and... you guessed it.... play Candy Crush. Oh and Wordfued.

I have a Kindle Keyboard that broke, I replaced it with another Kindle Keyboard. I like the keyboard and e-ink.

I kinda want the new Nexus, I think having an Android straight from Google would be fun.

I played Candy Crush for a while. I just couldn't get into it. I'm obsessed with Papa Pear Saga right now. I just passed level 500.

Has anyone sold their phones online? My parents upgraded to new iPhones & want me to sell their old ones. From the bit of research I've done it sounds like directly to Apple (which may be out since they already have new phones) or maybe Amazon. Suggestions or experience appreciated!!

Probably too late but I usually sell my old electronics on Amazon. I keep things in excellent condition, keep the original box, headphones and chargers and I usually get a pretty good price for it.

I've used Gazelle and sold through Costco (which I think used Gazelle) too. If they are super old and you don't think you can get anything, you can generally find a box at any cell phone store (and maybe Best Buy) to donate and they go to abuse/battery shelters for 911 calls.

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.  I hope someone will respond.  Does anyone know if there is any difference between Netflix and Ruga?  I'm considering trying one of them.  

(edited)

Apple made the first substantial changes in the iPod lineup today, apparently since the 160gb iPod classic was discontinued in September of last year.

Most of the changes were made to the iPod touch. They discontinued some body colors & replaced them with others; they upgraded the processor & camera; & they released a 128gb version. However, like the (product) red iPods, & apparently the new deeper blue iPods, you can only buy the 128gb version at an Apple Store or through the online Apple Store, not at Best Buy or other retailers where you can normally find iPods.

They may have made other changes in the iPod touch, but I can't remember right now.

The only changes made to the iPod nano & iPod shuffle were the body color changes the iPod touch got.

Edited by BW Manilowe

So it looks like I'm not the only one who's getting to hate having an iPhone....I paid upfront for an iPhone 5 (I hate paying through a plan) and now it won't stay charged for a full day, even though I get it up to 100 percent the night before.  Sigh.  None of my cheaper smartphones had this problem, though some of  them used to crash.  I may take it to an Apple store to see what they say, I've already learned about closing the apps and turning off location services and push emails and...nothing seems to work.  I need a cell everyday in case someone texts me.  I hate texting but some people insist on it rather than email.  Good luck getting those texts if you lose your phone or it dies!

Edited by roseha

I've quite recently (within the last 6 months) upgraded most of my tech.

I had a disaster with some water leaking in my backpack from a supposedly leak proof bottle which destroyed my then six-month old, uninsured MacBook Air, necessitating its replacement, with the slightly updated identical model.

I replaced my 4.5 year old 64gb iPad 2 with a 128gb iPad Mini 3 after the screen on my iPad 2 gave up the ghost.

And I replaced my Samsung Note 3 with a 64gb iPhone 6 Plus.

The biggest advantage of being completely tied into Apple's ecosystem is interoperability between devices.

• Love 1

I think all apple smart phones and iPods have a tough time keeping their battery life nowadays esp in places with a faint wifi signal or they have like even 2 apps open. My vendors and customers bitch about it all the time and I go thru the same thing. It's like 2 hrs pass and zoink in the red zone. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has a yahoo mail that they use on their iphones or not. I'm talking about accessing your yahoo email via the yahoo app.

Here's what I'm hoping someone here can help me with, because Yahoo "help" and "support" don't do squat. Up until a couple months ago, if I read and deleted emails from my phone, using the app, it would sync with my PC and vice versa. But now? If I read and delete, or move emails when I'm on my PC, when I then go to my email on my phone, again, using the app, those same emails are still there as new unread emails. So I have to press and delete and move those emails again. It's not an iPhone issue, because I called my provider; it's a yahoo issue. And I've Googled everything, but can't find a single other person who's had the same issue, or if I do, no solutions or answers. 

And yes, I even deleted the yahoo mail app and reinstalled it, so see if that would resolve the situation. But it didn't. It's just a pain in the butt, really.

Check which e-mail protocol you are configured for, @GHScorpiosRule.  There are two types, POP and IMAP.  POP will download your messages to whatever device you log in with, and usually delete them from the server.  IMAP keeps them on the server and syncs any devices you check e-mail with, so you get the same messages to your computer, phone, and tablet.

Here's a description of the two:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2838189/two-good-reasons-to-stick-with-pop3-email-over-imap.html

Yahoo allows you to configure either way.  Here are instructions for each:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Check which e-mail protocol you are configured for, @GHScorpiosRule.  There are two types, POP and IMAP.  POP will download your messages to whatever device you log in with, and usually delete them from the server.  IMAP keeps them on the server and syncs any devices you check e-mail with, so you get the same messages to your computer, phone, and tablet.

Here's a description of the two:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2838189/two-good-reasons-to-stick-with-pop3-email-over-imap.html

Yahoo allows you to configure either way.  Here are instructions for each:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

Bless you, @Moose135! I'll give it a shot!

It just peeves me because I didn't change any settings on either devices and suddenly, I nothing was syncing!

ETA: boo! That won't work. Because my "other" yahoo email via POP settings is fine. It's my email that I access through the yahoo app, that isn't syncing with the same email address on my PC. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

I don't know if this will help since I have a BlackBerry using Android, but my yahoo email used to disappear on my phone automatically when I deleted it from my PC.  Now, I have to refresh the page in the app and the read/deleted emails will disappear.  I don't know if you have a way to refresh the app page, but if that works, it's better than deleting each email separately.  Good luck.

6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I don't know if this will help since I have a BlackBerry using Android, but my yahoo email used to disappear on my phone automatically when I deleted it from my PC.  Now, I have to refresh the page in the app and the read/deleted emails will disappear.  I don't know if you have a way to refresh the app page, but if that works, it's better than deleting each email separately.  Good luck.

I tried refreshing my app, but that didn't work, either. And the problem is on both ends.  That is, if I delete or move emails from the app in my phone, when I log in on my PC, those same emails are still in my inbox as unread emails. My only hope is that someone in the Yahoo community will have a fix for this. But I suspect it was one of the app upgrades in trying to "improve" the app, that caused this.???

I was an Android girl for 5 years, and I recently switched to the iPhone, just to try it and be openminded. Everyone thought I would hate because I'm big into customizing every aspect of my phone. Truthfully, I barely even miss the customization aspects of it because the iPhone UI is so pretty and functional on its own. I really like it. Plus, no Android phone as of yet came out with a pink phone. So, plus 1 for Apple.

If I didn't go with this phone, I would have went with the Google Pixel (which my boyfriend got). I hate the fact that the print reader is on the back of the phone. It really throws off the whole look for me, when it would be sleek otherwise.

I think I mentioned it before, that I'm a technoturd. So.

I won a nano shuffle iPod. And after Googling how to sync what music I already have in iTunes...plugging in the shuffle's usb...I can't tell if the sync worked! When I first plugged in, I could see my shuffle under devices. But now it's disappeared. It's flashing yellow, which means it's charging.

But can anyone tell me how I can figure it out? Because I don't see "settings" on my iTunes on my laptop where I can then choose 'sync music.'

Thanks.

When that happened to me, I closed iTunes and reopened it and the shuffle reappeared.  When you click on that, it should list everything that's on the shuffle. That said, I can't get mine to actually shuffle the podcasts I put on it.  I'm steeling myself to make an appointment at the nearest Genius Bar for a tutorial on a little piece of plastic the size of a postage stamp!

5 minutes ago, Qoass said:

When that happened to me, I closed iTunes and reopened it and the shuffle reappeared.  When you click on that, it should list everything that's on the shuffle. That said, I can't get mine to actually shuffle the podcasts I put on it.  I'm steeling myself to make an appointment at the nearest Genius Bar for a tutorial on a little piece of plastic the size of a postage stamp!

I know, right? After 4 hours, only half of the albums/songs appeared in my shuffle! My stupid iTunes doesn't even show the last four soundtracks I downloaded!?And when I turned it on this morning to listen to what did or was supposed to be on it, I get a computerized voice telling me I need to sync!?Just what did it think I was doing last night for over five hours?!!?

I'm gonna call my phone carrier and ask for an Apple Expert to 'splain and walk me through this as if I were 10 years old.?

• Love 2

ETA: Well aren't I the biggest maroon that ever marooned!? Idiot me needed to sync my iPhone with my iTunes library on my laptop! THEN, stick the shuffle and sync whatever songs/music I wanted!??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

I love Verizon, my provider. First the tech from Verizon walked me through and when it looked like shuffle wasn't syncing, he got the Apple Expert and via screen sharing, she walked me through and I now have all my albums, compilations, playlists to listen to without using up my data on my phone!??

????????????

I'm in Classic Bollywood heaven! Or rather, getting nostalgic and getting goosebumps listening to the GREATS: Kishore Kumar, Mohd. Rafi, Mukesh (who are no longer with us), and the BEST singer India ever produced and who can still sing at 90-something-Lata Mangeshkar, her baby sister, Asha Bhosle (who also has still got the pipes at 88-something). ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 1

So the other day my laptop did its periodic Windows update. Now, every time I try to log on to my Gmail account, I get a message that Internet Explorer stopped working. Any ideas how to fix this? Grrrrrr.

Can someone suggest an easy way to convert JPG files into files that will maintain its own individuality.  Each one of the images in the JPG files has a different number, however, I'm still have a problem.  I have discovered that when I email a image, like photo, that is in JPG files, even though, I attach them separately by number, when they arrive at the destination, the receiver is able to scroll through the images and up pops JPG files that I have on my computer, BUT THAT I DID NOT send as an attachment.  It's like they are secretly attached to those that I sent.  I've read about how they can be extended, but, I'm not sure how to overcome this.  

10 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I've never seen anything like that happen, @SunnyBeBe.  You are saying that you e-mail someone let's say 4 JPG images, but they get more than that?  That's odd behavior.

Yes! I have confirmed it.  I suppose I may just have to retain an expert, since no one seems to know much about it.   I just hate to pay likely $150. for them to give me a simple answer. lol  Or, they may not know how to remedy it. lol  Here's an article that I was viewing that seems to be on the right track.  I might try some of their suggestions.  They don't address my exact issue, but, I think it's all related. 

https://www.lifewire.com/jpg-jpeg-file-4139913

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I have another question that I hope someone may know something about. When doing Track Changes in Word.  If you want to show your desire that a sentence be deleted, so you delete, which marks the sentence in red, (now redlined)....how do you later change it, if you change your mind and want to let it stand back the way it was, before you red lined it?  (Now the sentence is there, but, has a red line through it.  I want it to return to how it looked originally, without the red line through it.  I want the rest of the document to retain the red line mark up though. I've looked on You tube, but, they don't address my specific issue.