Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

She looks pretty normal today. I wonder if she finally realized people were laughing at her. 

She did! Last night she tweeted that people have a lot to say about her hair and makeup. She finished her tweet with, "Let a bitch live."

😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She looks pretty normal today. I wonder if she finally realized people were laughing at her. 

Possibly someone finally got through to her that if she wants to be taken seriously as a political pundit she has to stop playacting like an eccentric 12 yr old.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Good thing today was pretaped because Joy may not be feeling very well today after the 2nd shot.  Can’t wait for Meg to bring up her problems again, like not being able to go out drinking. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm glad that Dr. Gawande answered the question of whether you can go out and party after you get your second shot,, the question that Meghan was asking on Monday of Dr. Fauci. And the answer is no, it's not normal yet and you have to wear a mask until the infection rates go down.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, pinguina said:

Re: today's show, I thought that Biden's press secretary, Jen Psaki, was pretty good.  I liked how she said that they are providing medical help as well as education for the children who do not have family with them at this time.  Apparently these children were sent across the border without any parents which is different than what the previous administration did (physically taking them form their parents). And MM saying "potato, potahto" - shut up.

Side note: Is MM going to winter formal? Or just trying out hairstyles for prom?

I actually thought she was going to be a flower girl.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

At first glance would agree.  Then I saw that weird rat tail braid coming out of the middle part and then scurrying under that mass of hair on the side. Who comes up with these?  

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Good thing today was pretaped because Joy may not be feeling very well today after the 2nd shot.  Can’t wait for Meg to bring up her problems again, like not being able to go out drinking. 

I didn't realize today was pre-taped. Explains why they didn't talk about all that's been going on in the past 24 hours, and filled hot topics with 'mannequins', which - in the long run - explains why today's show was such a snoozefest.

2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I actually thought she was going to be a flower girl.

She also has those over-lined lips. I like them on Pam Anderson, not so much on Meghan. 

Aw @ Ana saying when do they get to chubby 49-year-olds. Anyone else think Ana is a beautiful woman? Her face is flawless imo. She has perfect features and beautiful skin. 

All the anti-Asian violence is heartbreaking. I'm glad they caught the person who attacked Olivia's friend's mom. Who tf attacks a woman like that?  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes, she did say that.  A few days ago she said "hold their thumb to the ground" mixing two or three common idioms, like "hold them to account" or "under their thumb".  She misuses or mispronounces words at least once an episode.

And:

The fact that I watch Tucker Carlson's show is probably blaspheming enough in the house of politics

Nick Young Wtf GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Wait just a goldarnminute (tm Daddio)...she broke her arm?  How the heck did that happen.  Why won't they talk about it?  I havent even noticed her.  Does she have a hard cast?  Well that's a bummer.

She posted a photo on SM that looked like a hard part over her thumb connected to a splint under her forearm held on by an ace bandage. So probably a hairline fracture.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I will never forget "the cast has dyed" or pronouncing posthumous as an after mashed chickpea dish.  

Yesterday when she was talking about CPAC, she talked about "fractions" instead of "factions" of the party that will or have attended.

They usually note at the beginning of the show if it's been recorded earlier and I don't recall seeing the message when the show began.  Hot Topics were pretty blah and they didn't mention anything about the statement McConnell made last night (won't say more as I don't want to go OT) so maybe it was prerecorded.  I hope Joy had minimal side effects and is enjoying her weekend feeling much safer.  She deserves it.

Edited by Badbea99
Misspelling.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm glad that Dr. Gawande answered the question of whether you can go out and party after you get your second shot,, the question that Meghan was asking on Monday of Dr. Fauci. And the answer is no, it's not normal yet and you have to wear a mask until the infection rates go down.

I was so sure she was going to use this topic as an opportunity  to whine about how she has been maligned because of her comments earlier this week. 

Was Joy making such a big deal about wanting to know when things can back to normal to provide cover for MeAgain? She even said it in the closing of the show.

16 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

They usually notate at the beginning of the show if it's been recorded earlier and I don't recall seeing the message when the show began.

Yeah, the announcer said the View was live. Plus they discussed the passing of the Equality Act and wasn't that just yesterday?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

I was so sure she was going to use this topic as an opportunity  to whine about how she has been maligned because of her comments earlier this week. 

Was Joy making such a big deal about wanting to know when things can back to normal to provide cover for MeAgain? She even said it in the closing of the show.

Yeah, the announcer said the View was live. Plus they discussed the passing of the Equality Act and wasn't that just yesterday?

I don't think so - a couple of weeks ago, Joy asked another doctor who appeared on the show (NOT Dr. Fauci) the same type of question - if I recall, she asked if it was okay to have an indoor dinner party for 8 or 10 people who all had received their vaccines.  

I think Joy, much like almost everyone else, is suffering from Covid fatigue.  The difference between her and Meghan is that Joy asks polite questions that we all can relate to and Meghan demands answers to hers.  

I totally understand Joy's questions and feelings on this - I would LOVE to have a dinner party or cocktail party with our larger group of friends (we have been seeing one other couple throughout this entire thing).  This is getting tiresome, but yet, we do what we should.

• Love 11

So because of Joy’s second shot today’s show was pre-taped and I was denied the amusement of hearing Ana’s take on the (Mr.) Potatohead scandal? Life can be so very cruel sometimes.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, bannana said:

And:

The fact that I watch Tucker Carlson's show is probably blaspheming enough in the house of politics

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Meghan thought kneeling during the anthem was blasphemous and those who understood the peaceful protest must not appreciate the military either. If she gets heat and labeled a racist for watching the biggest racist POS on TV, so be it. 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The fact that Twatty watches that asshole’s show confirms everything I think about the type of person she is.

Yup. Tucker's vile. I have coworkers and people I do business with who watch him, but I would never be close to someone who could be a fan of such a despicable person. It says a lot. I don't care so much what people's politics are because I like to think most people are good and mean well. I do not tolerate racism and the constant bashing of immigrants and all people of color. Get a clue Meghan. For such an "intelligent, educated" woman, blatant racism and xenophobia sure go right over your cartoonishly done up head!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan thought kneeling during the anthem was blasphemous and those who understood the peaceful protest must not appreciate the military either. If she gets heat and labeled a racist for watching the biggest racist POS on TV, so be it. 

Yup. Tucker's vile. I have coworkers and people I do business with who watch him, but I would never be close to someone who could be a fan of such a despicable person. It says a lot. I don't care so much what people's politics are because I like to think most people are good and mean well. I do not tolerate racism and the constant bashing of immigrants and all people of color. Get a clue Meghan. For such an "intelligent, educated" woman, blatant racism and xenophobia sure go right over your cartoonishly done up head!

It doesn't go over her head.  She sees it and doesn't care if it's someone in her tribe.  

• Love 1
On 2/25/2021 at 2:40 PM, tinkerbell said:

The split-screen of Jen Psaki and Meghan McCain, was hilarious.   Just the visual -  Jen P with a perfectly normal and pretty hairstyle, nice makeup, and a sweater.  Then Meghan, with BIG HAIR,  false eyelashes, and ringlets bouncing when she talked, along with a red velvet jacket.  

maxresdefault (1).jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

So because of Joy’s second shot today’s show was pre-taped and I was denied the amusement of hearing Ana’s take on the (Mr.) Potatohead scandal? Life can be so very cruel sometimes.

Better yet, you and the rest of us were denied listening to Meghan drone on and on about how horrible it is that cancel culture is even making its way into the toy world, and how sad it is that, she as a conservative Republican, will not be able to provide a Mr. PotatoHead for baby Liberty, and how that will be so detrimental to Liberty as a Conservative baby, and how this is not going to bode well for the future of all Conservative Republican children and how much this will affect things in Congress and the Senate and how AOC and her tribe are denying children the right to play with a male potato toy.  (There - did I cover all of her usual talking points in the same one-breath statement that Meghan would have used?)  🤣🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Better yet, you and the rest of us were denied listening to Meghan drone on and on about how horrible it is that cancel culture is even making its way into the toy world, and how sad it is that, she as a conservative Republican, will not be able to provide a Mr. PotatoHead for baby Liberty, and how that will be so detrimental to Liberty as a Conservative baby, and how this is not going to bode well for the future of all Conservative Republican children and how much this will affect things in Congress and the Senate and how AOC and her tribe are denying children the right to play with a male potato toy.  (There - did I cover all of her usual talking points in the same one-breath statement that Meghan would have used?)  🤣🤣

I LOVE THAT. It’s brilliant. THANK YOU.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

LMAO! You nailed it. That's worded and punctuated exactly how she talks. I thought so before I saw you said you were going for that one-breath lengthy statement. 

Breathe, Meghan, breathe!

• LOL 7