Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 22 – The Political View with Lead House Impeachment Manager Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Feb. 23 – Performance from Andra Day (“The United States vs. Billie Holiday”)

Wednesday, Feb. 24 – ABC News Correspondent Linsey Davis (Author, “Stay This Way Forever”)

Thursday, Feb. 25 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Feb. 26 – Day of Hot Topics

• Love 4

The week doesn't look half bad.

Monday will include 'View Your Deal', so Greta will be on to tell us about all the new, fabulous skin care products and reading glasses she found since her last appearance on Friday (hawking fabulous skin care products and eyeglass readers) - so everyone should cancel Friday's orders NOW.

They're promoting another ABC news personality on Wednesday, but I'd rather they have on handsome Whit Johnson or the luscious David Muir (he could just stare into my TV screen for 20 minutes without saying a word).

Thursday and Friday are day of 'hot topics', more commonly known these days as 'The MeAgain McCain Show' ...

On Thursday she will enlighten us on her outstanding abilities to be the only conservative commentator on mainstream media, living in 'the beltway as a new mother' but practically brought up in the capitol building, pro-active for anti-abortion and any loss of life while supporting war and the death penalty, and an all around genuine humble human being who is fatherless. All while wearing her 'tween make-up and hair extensions' from WalMart. While doing this, she will also 'read the tea leaves' and not 'get ahead of her skis'.

On Friday, she will enlighten us on the daily challenges she faces  as the only conservative commentator on mainstream media, living in 'the beltway as a new mother' but practically brought up in the capitol building, pro-active for anti-abortion and any loss of life while supporting war and the death penalty, and an all around genuine humble human being who is fatherless. All while wearing her 'tween make-up and hair extensions' from WalMart. While doing this, she will also 'read the tea leaves' and not 'get ahead of her skis'.

Should be a fun week.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 12

Right out of the gate, Megaphone monopolizes the conversation so no one else has time to speak.  And, if I was Joe Biden, I’d wanna punch her in the face. Except he’s nicer than I am.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Oh Meghan...is Dr. Fauci letting you down?  Is it because, HE doesn’t have all the answers to a novel virus?  Is it because you can’t go out “and have a shot” with your friends!  I have a suggestion, move to Israel, seriously, we won’t miss you.

She’d be the first to criticize if she went out partying with her friends and someone got sick. 

8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

was just a way to get more people out there to get vaccinated.  Israel is doing a much better job at vaccinating, but they are also a much smaller country with better overall controls on the roll-out because of their type of governing vs. ours.  

And there is a lot of controversy about who is and who is not getting the vaxx.

Surprisingly, Meghan has not mentioned her broken arm. Maybe that’s why she’s cranky this morning. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’d be the first to criticize if she went out partying with her friends and someone got sick. 

Agreed - just as it is here, and I'm sure many other countries.  

I was just so pissed that Meghan, once again, only reads headlines and puts her own perception into them, rather than actually, oh, I don't know - maybe researching something before she talks about it???  

Again, as I said - she's an idiot! 

• Love 19

Megan is a Moron! She wants answers based on “hunch and guess” not on science and research.  This way she can come back and attack when scientists are wrong.  

My husband and I just got our second vaccine on Saturday, my 90 year old mother got hers a couple of weeks ago.  We have not seen each other in over a year.  Us being vaccinated does not mean we will be seeing each other in person or us going out without masks!  It just means that if any of us were to get the virus we would most likely not end up on a ventilator.  

Half a Million Americans have died, you nitwit. Be a “real Patriot “ and let people know they need to take the vaccine and continue to wear your mask and stay the hell home!

• Love 21
Just now, jalady said:

MeAgain’s attempt to filet intelligent guests - and getting smacked down - may be reason enough to keep her on the show.

That, and all the bat shit crazy makeup and hair -- at least she's good for a couple of weekday morning laughs. 

• Love 10

Comments about Prima Donna Meghan are right on point. First of all egg is all over her face endorsing Trump from 2016 vs. the kindness shown to her by PRESIDENT OBAMA (especially with condolences for her father). She hates Obama. There are so many other conservative respectable republicans who could take her place on The View. The disgust she showed to Sen. Warnock was so so rude. He deserves a public apology from her. She never smiled once he was introduced. Get a replacement please. 

Twatty is nothing but a narcissist. And her proclamation of "I, Meghan McCain..." as if she's someone SO SPESHIAL, and someone who is important (in her own mind), that the rest of the world should listen or care about her ignorance and the lies she spreads? Just STFU.

I laughed and giggled at Joy's "So What? Who Cares? Remember that?" response to Whoopi, when Whoopi finally admitted that imitation  is the best form of flattery. That Rosie was all kinds of adorbs! I only wish they'd shown the clip of Fred Armisen's "Joy" too!

Loved seeing Congressman Raskin.

I know it's rhetorical, but it was so obvious today that Her SOURPUSS of a TWAT wasn't paying any attention to what Rep. Raskin was saying--as the questions she lobbed at him, had already been answered right before she asked him. And I loved how he denied ever saying to ignore Trump.

As for Whoopi shutting Twatty down, I didn't see it. She let Twatty keep spewing her lies. She just cut to commercial when Twatty wouldn't shut up and tried her "push back". I rather liked Sunny's push back without actually pushing back against Twatty--meaning, she didn't jump in and tell Twatty she was wrong.

And this guidance that even after getting vaccinations, people still need to wear masks and social distance, isn't new. Dr. Jha, when he was on this show last, said the same damn thing.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

Us being vaccinated does not mean we will be seeing each other in person or us going out without masks!  It just means that if any of us were to get the virus we would most likely not end up on a ventilator.

This is important.  The data is still coming in but some studies who that you can still catch Covid but it strikes you in a mild form. The other thing is that it takes at least 2 weeks to develop antibodies so until then, you're at risk. Some people have caught Covid by going out too early after being vaccinated.

There are also a couple of studies that suggest that it's better not to take a pain reliever like Advil or Tylenol because lowering your temperature limits your response to the vaccine. Better to put a cool cloth over the area and lie down (if you can) until you feel better.

Meghan saying that she just wants a clear statement on what she should do and if Fauci can't do it, Biden should replace him reminded me of this Guardian article that came out today: People with extremist views less able to do complex mental tasks, research suggests.

Overall, the researchers found that ideological attitudes mirrored cognitive decision-making, according to the study published in the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B.

A key finding was that people with extremist attitudes tended to think about the world in black and white terms, and struggled with complex tasks that required intricate mental steps.

“Individuals or brains that struggle to process and plan complex action sequences may be more drawn to extreme ideologies, or authoritarian ideologies that simplify the world,” she said.

For all that Sara says things that can seem simplistic, she gets that this is a very complex situation and recommendations are changing all the time as we get more information. Meghan either can't or chooses not to so that she can appeal to her base.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

That, and all the bat shit crazy makeup and hair -- at least she's good for a couple of weekday morning laughs. 

You’re right of course but she’s so damn full of hot air and loves the sound of her own voice. Can really make me cranky. Once more I’m being proven to be a bad judge of character because I feel comfortable with Dr Fauci’s  credentials and his display of ethics. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Megan is a Moron! She wants answers based on “hunch and guess” not on science and research.  This way she can come back and attack when scientists are wrong.  

My husband and I just got our second vaccine on Saturday, my 90 year old mother got hers a couple of weeks ago.  We have not seen each other in over a year.  Us being vaccinated does not mean we will be seeing each other in person or us going out without masks!  It just means that if any of us were to get the virus we would most likely not end up on a ventilator.  

Half a Million Americans have died, you nitwit. Be a “real Patriot “ and let people know they need to take the vaccine and continue to wear your mask and stay the hell home!

Actually my understanding from what experts are saying is that fully vaccinated people can get together without masks in homes if they want.  Still need masks in public places though.  

does she practice at home talking without breathing..is she trying to set a record?  I can’t even follow her when she goes full throttle.  And the hair today?  Trying out for Frozen or Sound of Music?  And MeAgain, millions have lost people...the 500,000 is the number of deaths...she said 500,000 have lost loved ones. And just stop with the Fauci crap...and actually read the stories not the headlines..the you’d have gotten the Israel situation correctly.  A real pundit/analyst would know that.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add thoughts
  • Love 15

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Surprisingly, Meghan has not mentioned her broken arm. Maybe that’s why she’s cranky this morning. 

Better question.....why hasnt any of the panel asking......mmmhmmmmm gerrrrrrrrrrrrl

On 2/20/2021 at 4:27 AM, Haleth said:

I loved, loved listening to Jamie Raskin during the hearings.  I kept thinking he must have been a fabulous law professor.

I really enjoyed his visit too.  I didn't realize was the same congressman that spoke at the Capitol.  Broke my heart with the story of his scared daughter.  And then to find out what happ to his son.....SOB..

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t know Meghan had a broken arm.....Is that the reason her braid was a mess and a half today?

• LOL 10
20 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I didn’t know Meghan had a broken arm.....Is that the reason her braid was a mess and a half today?

If it is she’s been practicing to have a broken arm for awhile.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

So "I Meghan McCain, co-host of the view"  is complaining that she has to wait to get a vaccine?  

She works FROM HOME for one hour 5 days a week.  Maybe she can wait until teachers, school staff, grocery store clerks, food service personnel, warehouse workers, etc etc etc,   get their shots so they can be safe at work, and not transmit the virus to their families , get their shots first?  

Meghan is re-tweeting people saying that everything Dr. Fauci says is just aimed at extending his 15 minutes of fame.  Apparently his previous job was a "paper pusher,"  and he likes being on TV.    Sorry, he is not someone who is seeking the limelight.  he is relieved that he is no longer being stifled like he was under trump.  

Her issue is what?  he is not saying once you get your shot, you can do anything you want, with no risk whatsoever?   Why would he say that if it's not true? He's saying it's not foolproof, especially with new variants of the disease being detected.  We all have our own level of risk tolerance.  If Meghan feels it's safe to meet her friends for drinks, she will do so.  Dr. Fauci is the expert in infectious diseases, he gives guidelines, he doesn't make laws.  

Meghan is home with her husband and baby.  she should consider herself lucky, as many people have been separated from family in order to stay safe. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I was also good to see the pushback on the prima donna's "Why Won't Fauci Comfort Me" aria. Sara's right in that it's better to have cautious public statements than mistakenly optimistic ones that may mislead people. I mean, besides the half a million lives lost, we might relive the horror of an heiress/political TV personality giving away a box of masks. That's a tragedy we should never repeat.

😂😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She works FROM HOME for one hour 5 days a week.

Apparently not so. She's been "working" from this show's DC office (when did they get one?) since returning from maternity leave. So no excuse for her hair and make-up===someone in the studio's been doing that. Unless she's been telling them that she wants those particular...."styles".

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Apparently not so. She's been "working" from this show's DC office (when did they get one?) since returning from maternity leave. So no excuse for her hair and make-up===someone in the studio's been doing that. Unless she's been telling them that she wants those particular...."styles".

I didn't know that, thanks for the correction. I had no idea there was more than one View studio. 

So someone gave her that front-braid thing on purpose, huh?  

she still works only an hour a day.  She doesn't get vaccinated before people who have to work 8 hour days, take public transportation, or work with the public. 

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think she is working out of the ABC studio in DC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I didn't know that, thanks for the correction. I had no idea there was more than one View studio. 

So someone gave her that front-braid thing on purpose, huh?  

she still works only an hour a day.  She doesn't get vaccinated before people who have to work 8 hour days, take public transportation, or work with the public. 

It's not even that. She wants someone to tell her that Fauci, Gupta, Jha, are all wrong when they say you still need to mask up and social distance after getting vaccinated; that you can go out and partayyyyyyyy, cuz you know, VACCCINE! Whatever, you nimrodic, ignoranamus maroon.

Conveniently forgets that the CDC was stripped to nothing but reiterating the lies of the previous administration (their statement on that), and Fauci not allowed to talk, and is now finally able to speak to the public.

So, again, just STFU.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She works FROM HOME for one hour 5 days a week.  

Hey now Tinkerbell, even if Meghan's only on for an hour each day, don't downplay the grind of her hair and makeup. She spends more time prepping than she does on TV. Even if she's "I Meghan McCain, cohost of the View, princess of Arizona," believe it or not, she doesn't wake up looking like that. Hard to believe, since Meghan goes for the natural look, but it's true. Those selfies won't take themselves either! Meghan's not a regular pundit, she's a cool pundit, the kind that has a glam squad. Like a hybrid of Laura Ingraham and Erika Jayne! Meghan brings Real Housewife glamour and combines that Real Housewife bitchiness along with the Fox News bitchiness. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's not even that. She wants someone to tell her that Fauci, Gupta, Jha, are all wrong when they say you still need to mask up and social distance after getting vaccinated; that you can go out and partayyyyyyyy, cuz you know, VACCCINE! Whatever, you nimrodic, ignoranamus maroon.

Conveniently forgets that the CDC was stripped to nothing but reiterating the lies of the previous administration (their statement on that), and Fauci not allowed to talk, and is now finally able to speak to the public.

So, again, just STFU.

Yes, I just posted in her thread.   Fauci has said that he wasn't allowed to disagree with trump, trump kept him out of meetings and press conferences, because trump wanted to present a rosier picture that was true.  so Meghan says that Fauci was being dishonest , saying one thing in private and another in public, when he was trying to keep working to fight the virus, but not lose his job.   he is considered to be one of the WORLD experts on infectious diseases.  Who gives a shit if morons like trump and meghan mccain don't agree with him. 

• Love 22

Meghan is getting absolutely roasted on Twitter for her ridiculousness today, specifically the "The fact that I, Meghan McCain, cohost of The View..." speech. If she had any self awareness she would be embarrassed, and either apologize or put out a statement that she misspoke. But who are we kidding?

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

"The fact that I, Meghan McCain, cohost of The View..." speech.

If I was her I would be more concerned as to when her mom can get her shots along with her older cohosts especially Whoopi who has had medical issues in the past.  Or worried that Fauci was essentially muzzled in the final months of Trump's reign so he has to sort to catch up on things publicly.

But sure, make it about "I, Meghan Mccain, previous host on Fox and do you know who my dad was?" I'm thinking the hairdresser is secretly sending us messages of what they think of her by these hair styles. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan is getting absolutely roasted on Twitter for her ridiculousness today, specifically the "The fact that I, Meghan McCain, cohost of The View..." speech. If she had any self awareness she would be embarrassed, and either apologize or put out a statement that she misspoke. But who are we kidding?

Yes, that statement is the one people are picking up on, and it is a lot of blue checkmark people too. She is still trending on Twitter. Here are a couple of articles that recap her ridiculous comments and the backlash she is receiving.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/meghan-mccain-whines-about-not-getting-her-vaccine-internet-laughs/ar-BB1dUNQH

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/meghan-mccain-covid-vaccine-the-view_n_6033e2e5c5b673b19b6a3c2e?ri18n=true&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-calls-on-biden-to-replace-dr-fauci-with-someone-who-understands-science

• Love 9