Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Digesting today's episode:

After Meganutz's "I, Meghan McCain, cohost of 'The View'" long-running rant where she spewed out everything which came into her head, it would have been absolutely perfect if Whoopi responded with, "It looks like your microphone was turned off during your response. Can you repeat that please ?"  Meganutz would've passed out from running out of breath.

'View Your Deal' celebrated Black History Month by promoting products from black owned businesses. Too bad the show doesn't have two black hosts who could've co-hosted the segment together remotely. So when you don't have black hosts you have to settle for White Bread Sarah Haines and Milquetoast Greta Monahan.  And they have to end the segment by promoting stretch pants for deluxe jumbo size rear ends, to show off one's rolling curves (because we don't see that often enough at our local WalMart, Target or supermarkets). Maybe they should have reintroduced 'the girdle' instead ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Apparently not so. She's been "working" from this show's DC office (when did they get one?) since returning from maternity leave. So no excuse for her hair and make-up===someone in the studio's been doing that. Unless she's been telling them that she wants those particular...."styles".

I think the Meghan has been coming up with these hair/makeup ideas and the stylists are being forced into them by "even I, MEGHAN McCAIN, COHOST OF THE VIEW".  

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

God, I love vindictive hairdressers!

Having said the above, I agree with you, @sugarbaker design - these hairdressers/makeup artists know that she will look utterly ridiculous, but I think they dislike her so much, they go the extra mile for her with her styling ideas, knowing she is going to laughed at.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

My favourite part of this morning's monologue came at about 40 minutes in or at least that's what it felt like:  "If I, Meghan McCain; co-host of The View...!!!!.... can't even blah, blah, blah......" 

Is she for real?  Stick a sock in it, you miserable harpy. 

Yes, her princess privilege was absolutely showing what an entitled POS!

If a rich white woman on tv can't find out when she can get her vaccine...  what is happening to our country🙄😐

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So she won’t be a new viewer...they might want to think about her inability to attract new viewers as well. 

I had assumed they must be attracting new viewers, possibly those wanting to watch train wrecks otherwise known as MM, because this old viewer tunes out far more often than not now because as others have noted she's just too damn exhausting and the others aren't compensating for her awfulness anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Actually my understanding from what experts are saying is that fully vaccinated people can get together without masks in homes if they want.  Still need masks in public places though.  

My understanding is we need to continue to wear masks.  That was Fauci’s point, we still don’t know and that’s what pushed MM over the cliff.  At this time there is not enough information to support meeting without masks..

• Love 12

If she really wants to get the vaccine sooner, she should volunteer at a vaccine clinic like my sister did.  She's in her 50s and was able to get her vaccine early.  I'm a health care worker so I received mine the day they were available.  Maybe I should have given my appointment to Princess Megan.   Also, you would think with having an infant, Princess Megan would be more concerned about bringing the virus home to the baby.  They say even if vaccinated, you can carry it to someone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And there is a lot of controversy about who is and who is not getting the vaxx. 

One thing that's under-covered is the initial distribution of the doses. Certain states got FAR more of the vaccine, even to the extent it got wasted instead of used. Go look at the stats for let's say.... Florida vs NJ. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Maybe Meghan will take tomorrow off to avoid embarrassing herself more than she did today.

nah....she'll be there, in another even more outrageous get-up and she'll just double down - it's getting her A LOT of press, and that's what she lives for!!!  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I had assumed they must be attracting new viewers, possibly those wanting to watch train wrecks otherwise known as MM, because this old viewer tunes out far more often than not now because as others have noted she's just too damn exhausting and the others aren't compensating for her awfulness anymore.

Her awfulness might cause a few new people to tune in, but after a couple of days of more of the same, they tune out.  Also, you don't have to waste an hour watching the show when clips and quotes of the incredibly stupid stuff always show up on HuffPo, DailyBeast, etc., and only take a couple of minutes of your time to view them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

Between her gargantuan ego, her cheap shots at Dr. Fauci and her hair don'ts du jour, if the crazy in Meghan's head doesn't get dragged, the crazy on it will.

This bitch isn't just stuck on stupid; she's marooned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

OMG....I don't even know who this is but I freakin' love him!!!  This is the BEST!!!  

I love it that I introduced George Hahn to you! His tweets helped get me through the past 10 months.

• Love 14

I read that MeAgain earns approx $1,000,000 on the View. IF she works 200 days/year (doubtful she works as many days as normal people, nor does she put in an 8 hr day... although some of those hairdos probably took a couple of extra hours LOL), that means she's being paid $5,000 per episode.

$5,000 for one hour of "work"?

Our world is so screwed up.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Bliss said:

I read that MeAgain earns approx $1,000,000 on the View. IF she works 200 days/year (doubtful she works as many days as normal people, nor does she put in an 8 hr day... although some of those hairdos probably took a couple of extra hours LOL), that means she's being paid $5,000 per episode.

You can be assured Whoopie, Joy and Sunny are making much more than she is, for an hour of work.

However, of the four of them - which host is bringing in millions of dollars in free publicity for ABC  on a daily basis? McCain (and 'The View') got plenty of free coverage yesterday alone, so I think the network is quite happy with their million dollar investment called 'Meghan McCain'. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Bliss said:

now do Judge Judy.  LOL  she makes almost a million a for each day of taping - she tapes maybe 50 days a year and earns $40MM a year.  

topic:  what will it take for MeAgain to be gone. This used to be must see TV for me and she's poisoned it for me.  WHY doesn't ABC care?  We can totally have a conservative on the show - why does it have to be her?  

• Love 12

Joy and Whoopi and Sunny are right: the hypocrisy is all around us.

I would love it if ABC or any of the ladies made Meg acknowledge the shit she stepped in, but my hopes are not high.

Meg’s hair and makeup person really does hate her. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Joy and Whoopi and Sunny are right: the hypocrisy is all around us.

I would love it if ABC or any of the ladies made Meg acknowledge the shit she stepped in, but my hopes are not high.

Meg’s hair and makeup person really does hate her. 

and wardrobe people too.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Shocking as it may seem, but I agreed with Meghan and her sparky hair part with regards to Neera Tandem. Her tweets were dumb, especially considering her position, but she's not s good person for the things mentioned and other things.

I had heard some time ago that she was offered up as a sacrifice. If she was denied office it would be harder to not confirm other nominees.

Merrick Garland seems like a lovely person  

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I had heard some time ago that she was offered up as a sacrifice. If she was denied office it would be harder to not approve other nominees.

I would believe that.  The White House would had to have been aware of her past Twitter posts and knew they would be problematic.

• Love 2

What McCain's concerned about in regards to Tanden is less about anything she's done--McCain herself has done worse--but because Tanden was connected to the Clinton campaign. Apparently she thinks the inclusion of anyone who worked for the Clintons at one time or another into Biden's administration will counter his claims of wanting to heal the soul of the country simply because she hates Hillary Clinton with the fire of a thousand suns. Spare me. People like her will be pissed off regardless.

Anyway, what the hell was with her this morning? She looked really strange. Her skin was red all over. I imagine she didn't even sleep last night enraged over the epic dragging she received from celebs, the media, Twitter, etc. for her comments yesterday. She looked like a big ol' red zit that needs to be popped.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

SO Meganutz is a huge fan of the 'Real Housewives' series - especially Atlanta. That could explain her cattiness on the show and sniping with Joy and Sunny - she forgets she's on 'The View' and thinks she's part of the 'Real Housewives' cast.

Lol many of us who’ve been on this board for years have said that she’s basically living out her fantasy of being a Real Housewife on The View, hence all her unnecessary theatrics and cattiness.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, jalady said:

Every time Sunny says the “twice impeached, disgraced, former president”, it gives me life! And MeAgain looks horrible today.  That hair and sweater? 🤮

her hair/makeup and wardrobe consultants must have a pact to switch off on who makes her look ridiculous each day.  today the wardrobe person was elected to show her looking like a football player - did not realize her shoulders were quite that wide.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

SO Meganutz is a huge fan of the 'Real Housewives' series - especially Atlanta. That could explain her cattiness on the show and sniping with Joy and Sunny - she forgets she's on 'The View' and thinks she's part of the 'Real Housewives' cast.

she's a huge fan of the Housewives and a fangirl to Andy to the point where its embarrassing. I'm surprise she watched the entire Atlanta episode this past Sunday, but I'm sure she was clutching her conservative pearls to the point of strangulation  /s  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

she's a huge fan of the Housewives and a fangirl to Andy to the point where its embarrassing. I'm surprise she watched the entire Atlanta episode this past Sunday, but I'm sure she was clutching her conservative pearls to the point of strangulation  /s  

Sunday's episode of RHOA was pretty sleazy so it Is surprising she didn't cross it off her viewing list.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Lol many of us who’ve been on this board for years have said that she’s basically living out her fantasy of being a Real Housewife on The View, hence all her unnecessary theatrics and cattiness.

I can't believe she brought up that episode of RH lol, I confess I watch Real housewives and I'm no prude but i had to ff most of the scenes in that episode.  Cringe worthy is the way I would describe it.  Meghan who goes crazy anytime  sex is mentioned. She enjoyed that episode? mkay. As i said i ff through most of the beginning because i hate feeling second hand embarrassment,  but ill kind of quote someone on that episode  thread from this site " I felt bad for Cynthia when Kandy was using the vibrator on her in the sex swing" 😄.  Meghan almost vomited when Joy said g spot 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I can't believe she brought up that episode of RH lol, I confess I watch Real housewives and I'm no prude but i had to ff most of the scenes in that episode.  Cringe worthy is the way I would describe it.  Meghan who goes crazy anytime  sex is mentioned. She enjoyed that episode? mkay. As i said i ff through most of the beginning because i hate feeling second hand embarrassment,  but ill kind of quote someone on that episode  thread from this site " I felt bad for Cynthia when Kandy was using the vibrator on her in the sex swing" 😄.  Meghan almost vomited when Joy said g spot 😂

Oh no judgement here, trust me lol! It just annoys me because Meghan is a hypocrite.

For example, she pretends to be disgusted whenever sex is a topic on The View, but I’ve heard the Housewife ladies say things 10xs raunchier than anything I’ve heard on The View

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I don't know a ton about the Real Housewives franchise, but I'm guessing that any cast member on any spin-off of the show could eat Meghan alive without breaking a sweat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Oh no judgement here, trust me lol! It just annoys me because Meghan is a hypocrite.

For example, she pretends to be disgusted whenever sex is a topic on The View, but I’ve heard the Housewive ladies say things 10xs raunchier than anything I’ve heard on The View

Yes that annoys me about her as well.  Her favorite Housewife wears a SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY  necklace and sings a song titled "Pat the Puss" and yet Meghan acts like she  the ladies on The View are disgusting when they talk about sex, it makes no sense. 

• Love 16

I must say, Sara looks so much better with her natural hair (today) then when she wears that stupid wig (Yesterday). Granted, her hair is on the thin side - could be the result of many different reasons for her - but to wear that wig she wore yesterday and frequently on the show does her no favors.

11 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Yes that annoys me about her as well.  Her favorite Housewife wears a SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY  necklace and sings a song titled "Pat the Puss" and yet Meghan acts like she  the ladies on The View are disgusting when they talk about sex, it makes no sense. 

for those who don't know......the necklace says the real word.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2