Type keyword(s) to search

S3.E31: Life After Lockup: It's Tow or Never

• Start Topic

Well, lookie at Shawn. He grew a small pair of balls, took some action and is having the car towed! Hope he goes through with it.

Destinies face is scary skinny. What drugs is she on? Looks like Meth face to me. 

Wow, Kristianne is barely recognizable. She looks completely different with 35 extra pounds on her. 

• Love 7

Destinie looks absolutely sepulchral in her talking heads. Of course Shawn doesn't have the guts to out her as she deserves, but at least he gets his car back. Seems to have forgotten about the credit card. Maybe he quietly cancelled it. I love how Destinie and her sister fly out of the house, outraged that Shawn is taking "her" car. So entitled. I live for the comeuppance.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 13

Puppy has lost a lot of weight and "doesn't want to live her life so uptight she can't breathe" so is it just cocaine?

Amber's mom really worried about this other guy when she and Puppy are going to end up sending Amber back to prison. 

OH COME ON WETV.  Brittney instead of Destinee?  These producers suck.  

Brittney cannot wait to push her mom right over the edge and into a relapse.  

Even Marcelino is starting to realize how fucked up this is.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Cynthia : "I feel like I'm going to puke"

Brittney: "Let me tell you all about how my mom dying really makes me a victim"

JFC I'm so over Brittney, I really hope Cynthia ends up in jail so she can get clean and this can be Brittney's last season. 

Cynthia "I can't go further"

Brittney "can you look at the camera when you tell me exactly what you remember?  I'm definitely trying to help and not trying to push you over the edge right now"

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Who died and left their MD in psychiatry degree to Brittney? Back down, girl.

If I owned the cute AirBnB or whatever it is that Density and her sister are renting, I'd be very concerned. 

Krustianna looks like she's 8 1/2 months pregnant already. 

Shovel wins the award for 'tackiest manicure of the night'.

I see Andrea finally found some spare hair to patch up her bald spot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

If the “Bonnie & Clyde” window decals weren’t enough, John has a customized “Clyde2” license plate. Whelp, when this guy likes an aesthetic, he goes all in—what with the B&C, the Native American cultural appropriation, and the horror-movie themed action-figure home decor.

Shawn having his car towed out of Destinee’s driveway is probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on this show. Apparently it’s just very easy to steal a car?!? Tow truck driver doesn’t even ask for any proof that it’s his car. Sure, I can tow it and then hotwire it for you! We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service!

Lamar not only got a giant car bow, but even extra ribbon to put around the entire Jeep! Lamar, listen to Tennyson, the wisest soul who has ever appeared on LAL:  Andrea will find multiple ways to get upset! This is a major purchase to make without consulting her! Wait, she’s happy?! No one saw this coming! Guys, you need to take the ribbon off before driving it.

There’s a rumble at the Branson Towers hotel!

Michael and Sarah “sleep fuck”?! Sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.

The matriarch of the Amber crime family is out of prison! Aaaaaaaand, she’s already trying to convince Amber to get money from Vince. Oh, boy. This “rolling up on him in Vegas” plan is going to be a disaster.

Where the hell did Brittany get this idea that her mother “has to face all her demons head on”?! Leave this to the professionals, Brittany. Your mother’s sobriety is too fragile for this.

Shavel’s cousin is expected to drive Quaylon home now?! Yikes.

Oh, the tow truck driver did see the paperwork. That makes me feel a little better. How can Destinie be mad that Shawn is taking his own car back?!? You dumped him. You don’t get to keep using his car and credit cards! Let the man go before he ultimately realizes he can—and should—report both the car and CC stolen.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Tow truck driver doesn’t even ask for any proof that it’s his car

I thought that too, but when Destinee is out there yelling at the guy it’s her car, he did say Sean showed him the paperwork. 

ETA... Oops, I see you just posted that. Should have read the entire post before replying. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Destinie being all “well, you support Kelly and you aren’t together!” was something else. He doesn’t support Kelly, he supports his kids, and if I recall correctly Destinie didn’t even want him to do that. What Shawn SHOULD do is report the car and card stolen and revoke the bond so Destinie can “have the last laugh” from jail, but I will give him half a point for taking back the car.

I’m glad to see Sarah’s sensible friend who hates Michael. I love how she’s just like “this is a bad, dumb idea. Stop.” 

Amber needs new, non-drug-dealing people in her life. 

• Love 10

So how did Brittney's mom's house really blow up? Was she making meth? They won't just come out with what actually happened. 

Michael and Sarah make me sick. 

Andrea's goin' out on the town dress. Lord, doesn't anybody on this show look in the mirror? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Puppy lost a lot of weight.  I also noticed that Destinie looks almost skeletal in her latest talking head interviews.  I'm guessing there's some kind of drug use involved. 

Britnay needs a new storyline besides abusing her mother on national tv.  I get that she had a shit childhood and she harbors a lot of anger and resentment towards her mother but she needs to stop. 

Shawn finally grew a pair and did something to fight back.  Why did Destinie keep slamming the trunk closed after Shawn opened it for her?  She looked like an asshole yelling that the car was hers when she knows dam well it isn't. 

The fight with Quaalude and DMark was very funny.  I liked when DMark said that Shovel probably bought the ring Quaalude gave her.  I wish she didn't mess with her daughter's head.  He's not her Daddy stop having her call him that.

So Kristianne is out again.  The last thing these two need to do is add another child to the mix.  Why not take things slow,  live together for a year before you make any major decision like that.  Try staying out of jail for a couple of years first.

I was looking at my phone and I completely  missed the 2 minutes of Andrea and Lamar, I know it involved a car.  I probably didn't miss much.

Sarah deserves what ever Mumbles throws at her. She's lost any compassion I might have had for her.  I feel bad for her kids, (who looked adorable with their hair pulled up in little buns).  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Puppy lost a lot of weight.  I also noticed that Destinie looks almost skeletal in her latest talking head interviews.  I'm guessing there's some kind of drug use involved. 

Britnay needs a new storyline besides abusing her mother on national tv.  I get that she had a shit childhood and she harbors a lot of anger and resentment towards her mother but she needs to stop. 

Shawn finally grew a pair and did something to fight back.  Why did Destinie keep slamming the trunk closed after Shawn opened it for her?  She looked like an asshole yelling that the car was hers when she knows dam well it isn't. 

The fight with Quaalude and DMark was very funny.  I liked when DMark said that Shovel probably bought the ring Quaalude gave her.  I wish she didn't mess with her daughter's head.  He's not her Daddy stop having her call him that.

So Kristianne is out again.  The last thing these two need to do is add another child to the mix.  Why not take things slow,  live together for a year before you make any major decision like that.  Try staying out of jail for a couple of years first.

I was looking at my phone and I completely  missed the 2 minutes of Andrea and Lamar, I know it involved a car.  I probably didn't miss much.

Sarah deserves what ever Mumbles throws at her. She's lost any compassion I might have had for her.  I feel bad for her kids, (who looked adorable with their hair pulled up in little buns).  

I'm in total agreement about Sarah.  When her friend asked how long Michael was going to be there I blurted out "for as long as he damn well pleases."  Sarah will, as she always does, put Michael ahead of her children and whine some nonsense about "coparenting"

Michael is basically nothing more than an unreliable baby sitter.  And s gigolo.  He will leave when he finds a better situation.  Then Sarah will slip into blaccent rage. 

I could never be a true friend to someone like Sarah because I couldn't invest myself emotionally without blowing my top at her stupidity. 

And Michael's annoyance was just the topping on the cake. How dare anyone question him when they are left to pick up the pieces when he inevitably leaves!

• Love 12
19 hours ago, renatae said:

Seems to have forgotten about the credit card. Maybe he quietly cancelled it.

He said the card is maxed out and he's going to call and have it cancelled.

15 hours ago, RealReality said:

POH COME ON WETV.  Brittney instead of Destinee?  These producers suck.  

Brittney instead of Destinee? lol Andrea instead of Destinee? Sarah and Mumbles instead of Destinee? Shavel instead of Destinee? (I do like Demark though.) (And now that the sister is UNFORTUNATELY gone)...Christiana and John instead of Destinee? I'm okay with Amber and Puppy, as long as they continue with the Vince angle. I'd like to see how that mess plays out.

Edited to Add: Just saw the preview for next week and I take it back about Christiana and John - looks like Tara's coming back! 

I hate Destinee. She really needs to be put in her place. I just want to see someone punch her in the face. She's not even that smart, but she knows how to overwhelm him with her bullshit. I was glad that he was at least able to throw out a "Fuck You" as he's walking to his rental car.

And I'm really getting sick of the cliffhanger editing.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

What Shawn SHOULD do is report the car and card stolen and revoke the bond so Destinie can “have the last laugh” from jail, but I will give him half a point for taking back the car.

I was wondering about this. Can you revoke it? And if so, what happens to her? Do they just go hunt her down and take her to jail?

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 5

The whole time Density was trying to sound tough and warning Shawn, "You'd better keep your car in the garage, or I will _____ it up," my daytime-TV mind went to, "Yeah.  Then he can take you on People's Court and Judge Milian will look at you physically assaulting him and threatening to damage his vehicle."  Verdict for the plaintiff for whatever his estimate to fix the car is.  

In "preponderance of the evidence" (small claims court level of proof required), there would be little to no doubt who did it if Shawn's car gets scratched or a window is broken.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Destinie being all “well, you support Kelly and you aren’t together!” was something else. He doesn’t support Kelly, he supports his kids, and if I recall correctly Destinie didn’t even want him to do that. What Shawn SHOULD do is report the car and card stolen and revoke the bond so Destinie can “have the last laugh” from jail, but I will give him half a point for taking back the car.

And he was with Kelly long enough to have 6 kids.  Seriously.  He has known Destimeeee for a minute and she thinks he should care for her for life.   This idiot waited until his credit card was maxed out before cancelling, her let her use his car and he bought her a ring.  How much more does she think she can bleed him for?  (I would like to know what all she charged to the card since she seems to have all of her earthly belongings in a duffel bag). 

3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I'm enjoying Dmark

Dmark and Tennison are the smartest people on this show.  Most of these folks seem barely able to remember to breath. Dmark sees Quaylon for who he is.  I like his argument that Quaylon didn't exactly learn how to be a husband and a father in prison.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I hate Destinee. She really needs to be put in her place. I just want to see someone punch her in the face. She's not even that smart, but she knows how to overwhelm him with her bullshit. I was glad that he was at least able to throw out a "Fuck You" as he's walking to his rental car.

I wonder why/how she hasn't been punched in the face INNUMERABLE times--or killed.  She's crazy-dangerous and Sean/ Shawn had better steer clear of her permanently...and put cameras on/in his house and GOOD locks on everything.

4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I also noticed that Destinie looks almost skeletal in her latest talking head interviews.  I'm guessing there's some kind of drug use involved. 

Oh, yeah!  She's extremely unattractive--and so mean it's criminal.

4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Only the common sense/insight of Tennison.

9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

How can Destinie be mad that Shawn is taking his own car back?!? You dumped him. You don’t get to keep using his car and credit cards!

How has she become so entitled?  Entitled, and physically dangerous. Prison, stringing along Men-4-Money, drug use before and in prison have damaged that CRIMINAL permanently.  She'll never be okay; she'll never be rehabilitated, and she prefers it that way.  She was probably abused/mentally ill at a young age and she has been digging her grave (and others') for too long.  Be afraid, Shawn...be very afraid.  Producers too!  And the tow guy!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I wonder why/how she hasn't been punched in the face INNUMERABLE times--or killed.  She's crazy-dangerous and Sean/ Shawn had better steer clear of her permanently...and put cameras on/in his house and GOOD locks on everything.

How has she become so entitled?  Entitled, and physically dangerous. Prison, stringing along Men-4-Money, drug use before and in prison have damaged that CRIMINAL permanently.  She'll never be okay; she'll never be rehabilitated, and she prefers it that way.  She was probably abused/mentally ill at a young age and she has been digging her grave (and others') for too long.  Be afraid, Shawn...be very afraid.  Producers too!  And the tow guy!

Honestly, I think for a minute she was contemplating taking a swing at the tow guy, but then thought better of it. I wish she had, because unlike her punching bag Shawn, he probably would have called the cops on her. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

(I would like to know what all she charged to the card since she seems to have all of her earthly belongings in a duffel bag). 

I'm assuming cash withdrawals charged against the credit card, unless the street suppliers can now accept credit cards as payment.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

She was probably abused/mentally ill at a young age and she has been digging her grave (and others') for too long. 

I believe she said she was sexually abused as a child/teenager.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

She acts like she will have some sort of blood vendetta against shawn.  But denstinee will be enraged for a few weeks and then she will realize that she doesn't have money to travel anywhere,  she will realize that she needs to get luring in another mark, she needs to get money for drugs. Transportation to her dealer, etc, etc. 

The biggest and easiest revenge she can get on Shawn is to miss her court date.  She now has every reason to jump bond.  I dont know if Shawn can easily revoke the bond.  If he cannot he would be better off catching her breaking the law and getting arrested because at that point he may be able to get off the hook. 

• Love 6

So I just went back and watched Episode 1 of this season because I really want to understand what Shawn’s actual obligation is regarding her bail and how a bail bondsman situation works (I'm completely ignorant about this stuff). Anyway...

Her bail is $50,000. He took $50,000 out of his 401k (really dumb – and it sounds like that’s all he had in it) and went down to the bail bondsman’s office. They looked up her record and she’s got a pretty long rap sheet. The guy advises Shawn that he’s putting himself in a very risky situation, especially when Shawn informed him that he had never met Destinee in person. But Shawn is an idiot and in love, so they push forward. He is then told that all he has to put down is $5,000, which will be the bail bondsman’s fee (non-refundable), and then they put up the bail. HOWEVER, if she skips out, then it will cost Shawn $50,000. Now here’s what I don’t get. I did some looking around, and this is what I found about bail bondsmen:

“Bail agents, sometimes called bail bondsmen, act as sureties and post bail on behalf of defendants. A bail agent makes a profit by charging the defendant a non-refundable fee (usually 10% of the bail amount). If the defendant fails to appear in court, the bail agent forfeits the bond amount. The agent is also authorized to arrest the defendant for the purposes of bringing him or her to court. In some states, the agent can hire a bounty hunter to apprehend the defendant.[The agent may also bring a civil suit against the defendant or anyone else obligated under the bail agent's contract to recover the bail money the agent paid to the court.”

So I’m confused. It sounds like hiring a bail bondsman is like buying insurance, where they get paid to take the risk and deal with any  fallout. So why would Shawn still have to pay the $50,000? If that were the case, he might as well just pay the bail himself, cut out the bail bondsman, and not have to pay the 10% bail bondsman fee.

And one final tidbit I had forgotten - before she even got out of prison, he had sent her over $35,000 over time. Now I feel like hitting him.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

So I just went back and watched Episode 1 of this season because I really want to understand what Shawn’s actual obligation is regarding her bail and how a bail bondsman situation works (I'm completely ignorant about this stuff). Anyway...

Her bail is $50,000. He took $50,000 out of his 401k (really dumb – and it sounds like that’s all he had in it) and went down to the bail bondsman’s office. They looked up her record and she’s got a pretty long rap sheet. The guy advises Shawn that he’s putting himself in a very risky situation, especially when Shawn informed him that he had never met Destinee in person. But Shawn is an idiot and in love, so they push forward. He is then told that all he has to put down is $5,000, which will be the bail bondsman’s fee (non-refundable), and then they put up the bail. HOWEVER, if she skips out, then it will cost Shawn $50,000. Now here’s what I don’t get. I did some looking around, and this is what I found about bail bondsmen:

“Bail agents, sometimes called bail bondsmen, act as sureties and post bail on behalf of defendants. A bail agent makes a profit by charging the defendant a non-refundable fee (usually 10% of the bail amount). If the defendant fails to appear in court, the bail agent forfeits the bond amount. The agent is also authorized to arrest the defendant for the purposes of bringing him or her to court. In some states, the agent can hire a bounty hunter to apprehend the defendant.[The agent may also bring a civil suit against the defendant or anyone else obligated under the bail agent's contract to recover the bail money the agent paid to the court.”

So I’m confused. It sounds like hiring a bail bondsman is like buying insurance, where they get paid to take the risk and deal with any  fallout. So why would Shawn still have to pay the $50,000? If that were the case, he might as well just pay the bail himself, cut out the bail bondsman, and not have to pay the 10% bail bondsman fee.

And one final tidbit I had forgotten - before she even got out of prison, he had sent her over $35,000 over time. Now I feel like hitting him.

Excellent job on the research.  My best guess is that it is the bail bondsman that risks the entire amount and is on the hook for the entire amount with the court.  It sounds like the bondsman pays the court the entire amount and then they get that amount back when the defendant shows up to court.  So the bondsman paid the court 50k which they would get back if and when destinee shows up to court.  

If she doesn't show up to court than the bondsman is out 50k.  HOWEVER, I wonder if the bond is repaid to the bondsman if they find the defendant and drag them into court.  I watched exactly one episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter and it seemed like there was money in bringing back a fugitive.  

So, if I had to hazard a guess, based on your research I'd say that Shawn pays a non-refundable 5k to the bondsman and signs a contract agreeing to be on the hook for the entire bond amount of 50k if she doesn't show up.  The bail bondsman actually pays the court the 50k.  IF destinee shows up, the bondsman gets back his 50k and keeps Shawns 5k.  IF destinee doesn't show up, the court keeps the 50k and the bondsman goes after Shawn for the 50k that they lost to the court.  The question for me is whether the bondsman can get back his 50k if he finds destinee and drags her back to court.  I feel like he probably can because why else would bounty hunters exist

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I believe she said she was sexually abused as a child/teenager.

Destinie said she was sexually abused by an uncle for many years. I don’t remember how old she said she was when it started. She finally got the courage to tell and he was sent to prison.  I read that she had five children and gave them all up for adoption.

• Useful 1
On 2/19/2021 at 5:39 PM, renatae said:

Destinie looks absolutely sepulchral in her talking heads. Of course Shawn doesn't have the guts to out her as she deserves, but at least he gets his car back. Seems to have forgotten about the credit card. Maybe he quietly cancelled it. I love how Destinie and her sister fly out of the house, outraged that Shawn is taking "her" car. So entitled. I live for the comeuppance.

According to Desitin, you don't have long to wait.  Oh--you mean *Desitin* getting her comeuppance.  Oh.  I see.

• LOL 1

This show leaves me with so many unanswered questions.  My first question is, is there really a provision for retired military to have adult children ( actual or “adopted” ) to be receiving military benefits? It seems that would be rather pricey for the government and if it’s that easy to scam the government than I suggest there should be an investigation because that seems rather wasteful.  I wish this show wasn’t highlighting Lizzie and her boobs. She is totally without redeeming qualities and has not finished living a life of crime. Why are they paying hernand giving her fame?  They are only encouraging her and her younger counterparts Lyndsey and Desiree to act up as soon as they are released.  Of course, I’m watching this so I’m as much to blame as the network.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Excellent job on the research.  My best guess is that it is the bail bondsman that risks the entire amount and is on the hook for the entire amount with the court.  It sounds like the bondsman pays the court the entire amount and then they get that amount back when the defendant shows up to court.  So the bondsman paid the court 50k which they would get back if and when destinee shows up to court.  

If she doesn't show up to court than the bondsman is out 50k.  HOWEVER, I wonder if the bond is repaid to the bondsman if they find the defendant and drag them into court.  I watched exactly one episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter and it seemed like there was money in bringing back a fugitive.  

So, if I had to hazard a guess, based on your research I'd say that Shawn pays a non-refundable 5k to the bondsman and signs a contract agreeing to be on the hook for the entire bond amount of 50k if she doesn't show up.  The bail bondsman actually pays the court the 50k.  IF destinee shows up, the bondsman gets back his 50k and keeps Shawns 5k.  IF destinee doesn't show up, the court keeps the 50k and the bondsman goes after Shawn for the 50k that they lost to the court.  The question for me is whether the bondsman can get back his 50k if he finds destinee and drags her back to court.  I feel like he probably can because why else would bounty hunters exist

Yes, I think you are right. I found this in a bail bondsman contract:

"When signing a bail bond contract, you (the indemnitor) will take on the following responsibilities:

• The first and foremost responsibility is that you (the indemnitor), along with the help of the bail agency, will make sure the defendant returns to every one of their court dates without fail.
  • Should the defendant fail to return to court, you will also take on the responsibility of paying additional fees, if the bail company has to hire a fugitive recovery agent to bring the defendant back to court.
  • Finally, if the defendant cannot be located, you (the indemnitor) will be made solely responsible to pay for the entire amount of the bail originally set by the court. If collateral was taken (such as real estate lien or pink slip) at the time of signing the contract, that will be used to pay towards the bond and will not be returned."

And I do believe that if the bail bondsman, or bounty hunter they hire, are able to track down the person and arrest them/bring them in, the money is returned to them. The only thing you don't get back is the 10% you paid to the bail bondsman for their services.

So based on all of this, Shawn will lose his $50,000 if she doesn't show up, like he's been saying, but regardless, he is out $5,000 for hiring the bail bondsman to begin with. I wonder what the limit was on that credit card she maxed out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

The biggest and easiest revenge she can get on Shawn is to miss her court date.  She now has every reason to jump bond.  I dont know if Shawn can easily revoke the bond.  If he cannot he would be better off catching her breaking the law and getting arrested because at that point he may be able to get off the hook. 

She was breaking the law on camera when she was hitting him!  I wanted the tow truck driver to call the police, since we know Shawn won’t do it.  Have her arrested for battery!  I know the punches weren’t very hard but it was still a punch.

• Love 11
On 2/20/2021 at 8:41 AM, Empress1 said:

I’m glad to see Sarah’s sensible friend who hates Michael. I love how she’s just like “this is a bad, dumb idea. Stop.” 

Amber needs new, non-drug-dealing people in her life. 

I have a friend who councils women, mostly about their marriages. She says after the third time  of hearing about the same situation she asks “why do you still have this problem?” Then she stops advising, refuses to allow them to bring it up. Personally, I have applied that tactic to my own life. It’s practically a miracle solution.

I used to consider Michael a playa ofsorts and dismissed him, his ladies and his shenanigans. But he is overdone now, producers or not.

• Love 8

Interesting that in this same episode when Quaylon and Dmark started going at it in the hotel corridor, someone who looked like they were part of the production team stepped in to break them up.

Have we ever seen a production team member try to stop one the female show participants from smacking around one of the guys?

Double standard much?

• Love 11

Is there really going to be a storyline about John's "infidelity" with Kristianna's sister?  We saw forced, ridiculous proximities of bodies, with averted faces when kisses were threatened, and questionable crotchal contact (through jeans).  John has set himself up as embodying certain virtues--and good for him, whether he's appropriating them from Native American culture or somewhere else, like his own moral values--that if he is forced to pretend to have succumbed to the sister's charms, his whole persona crumbles, like the sands through an hourglass.

Lindsey is pretty fun to watch, but I'm bored with the rest of them.  Brittany is disgusting beyond description and her desperation to stay on the show gleams like a flashlight through darkness, Michael and Cabbage Patch are on a neverending loop--a Mobius strip from jail.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I have a friend who councils women, mostly about their marriages. She says after the third time  of hearing about the same situation she asks “why do you still have this problem?” Then she stops advising, refuses to allow them to bring it up. Personally, I have applied that tactic to my own life. It’s practically a miracle solution.

I have been on both sides of the "you know I think you should stop talking to him because we've had this same conversation a million times" conversation, especially in my 20s.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I have been on both sides of the "you know I think you should stop talking to him because we've had this same conversation a million times" conversation, especially in my 20s.

I had a friend like this and I think the secret was that she wasn't  that close a friend so I cared....but not a lot. Id tell her to leave but I think she liked having these dramatic stories to tell and I think.she liked living this edgy love life.   I knew her in the days before podcasts so her dramatic stories were just something to listen to on my drive home. 

**-no one was physically abusing her or else I would have been more involved. 

• Love 2

I cannot get over Destinee telling Shawn that he should still pay for her car, even though they are no longer in a relationship, because he isn't in a relationship with Kelly and he is still giving her money.   She obviously forgot that he is the father of her six children.  The audacity.  

I wonder if after John found out that Lacey was the one who turned him, their storyline ended.  Whenever Britnee and Sara come on, I either fast forward or mute.  Life is too short.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She was breaking the law on camera when she was hitting him!  I wanted the tow truck driver to call the police, since we know Shawn won’t do it.  Have her arrested for battery!  I know the punches weren’t very hard but it was still a punch.

Nothing happened with her previous WORST slaps/punches.  You can bet that if the men were punching/swatting/kicking the women, someone would call the law.

5 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Andrea said that was her first car. What has she been driving to the houses she shows and the hotels she flees to?

In California AND in Utah?  I think she has tried for so long (YEARS!) to be on TV--whether auditioning for herself or her children--that she thinks she's FINALLY MADE IT!  She's a Hollywood actress, so she writes/says her lines "professionally."

Hope our star can afford a stylist--sooner rather than later.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Interesting that in this same episode when Quaylon and Dmark started going at it in the hotel corridor, someone who looked like they were part of the production team stepped in to break them up.

Have we ever seen a production team member try to stop one the female show participants from smacking around one of the guys?

Double standard much?

Yes, I’m pretty sure when Andrea found Lamar’s “cousin’s condom in the pocket of the jacket he accidentally took from California” and Andrea attacked Lamar, I recall a production member stepping in—but Andrea knocked him across the room, too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yes, I’m pretty sure when Andrea found Lamar’s “cousin’s condom in the pocket of the jacket he accidentally took from California” and Andrea attacked Lamar, I recall a production member stepping in—but Andrea knocked him across the room, too!

I think a producer intervened when Marcelino and the father of Brittany's oldest son got into it too.

• Love 5
On 2/21/2021 at 1:43 PM, Back Atcha said:

Nothing happened with her previous WORST slaps/punches.  You can bet that if the men were punching/swatting/kicking the women, someone would call the law.

In California AND in Utah?  I think she has tried for so long (YEARS!) to be on TV--whether auditioning for herself or her children--that she thinks she's FINALLY MADE IT!  She's a Hollywood actress, so she writes/says her lines "professionally."

Hope our star can afford a stylist--sooner rather than later.

Lamar's family is dead wrong for not giving Andrea a referral to a local stylist.  The part of LA she lives is in is rife, RIFE with home hairstylists who have been doing hair since they left the womb. And that's if you need someone affordable.  If you just want a nice experience and someone with some certificates on the wall there are probably 100 different places.  

I'm not sure you need a license in California to do braids and weaves.  If she was decent to shante, I bet she would have the hook up. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Lamar's family is dead wrong for not giving Andrea a referral to a local stylist.  The part of LA she lives is in is rife, RIFE with home hairstylists who have been doing hair since they left the womb. And that's if you need someone affordable.  If you just want a nice experience and someone with some certificates on the wall there are probably 100 different places.  

I'm not sure you need a license in California to do braids and weaves.  If she was decent to shante, I bet she would have the hook up. 

Her own child could have hooked her up. Her children are lovely. They seem to love LA and LA seems to LOVE them. Andrea’s crazy ass not so much. I wonder why?  Girl. They let her outside on camera in that dress without the proper drawers. No one is checking for Andrea not even Baby Prisela. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, Back Atcha said:

Destinee is a punk.  If you roll back the footage she pulls the same move lacey does.  She punches and runs away.  If she thinks she got away with it and can keep getting away with it, she will come back for some more punches.  I'd bet she is churchmouse quiet around someone bigger who'd fight back.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Destinee is a punk.  If you roll back the footage she pulls the same move lacey does.  She punches and runs away.  If she thinks she got away with it and can keep getting away with it, she will come back for some more punches.  I'd bet she is churchmouse quiet around someone bigger who'd fight back.  

I pray they put her ass back in prison!  

• Love 4
On 2/20/2021 at 8:41 AM, Empress1 said:

Baby Number 3 coming next season along with new GFs for Michael.  Same old pattern.  He couldn't handle her not needing him anymore and she keeps getting fooled by him.  Does he even pay child support? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Prison is probably the only safe place for her.  She's going to cross the wrong guy. Guys.

I am sure she dates suckers, but I wonder if a man has ever let her push the boundaries as far as Shawn has, or if any man has ever had the resources he had.  

Sadly, I think men are socialized to accept physical abuse from women, as if Destinee is some dainty creature who is slapping a man across the face for "taking liberties"

But I'd guess that even in terms of her physical abuse, she tests boundaries and grooms the men she dates to accept her abuse.  I betcha if she was dating Connor McGregor, she'd thing real hard before throwing the first punch.  But pudding soft, simp Shawn?  Easy mark. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5