Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Devil's Work

renatae
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Mike is as much allowed to play with her emotions as she played with his. Turnabout is fair play and I feel no pity for her getting a taste of her own medicine. 

I wonder if he realizes how much of a big, pouty douchebag he looks like?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

If Mike and Natalie hadn't been on television, soon Natalie's friends/family wouldn't hear from her.  They worry.  They wait...and wait.  Eventually they contact some Embassy expressing their concern. Then demanding she be found.  Later, rather than sooner,  some good ol' law enforcement gal will come-a-checkin' on the property and Mike will claim to not know a Natalie, never traveled out of the U.S. ... hell, never traveled out of the state of Washington.  Dun...dun..DUNNNN.   20/20.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And how LONG is Mike allowed this "fair play"?  As long as the producers egg him on and provide stardom and $$$?  She and WE have been punished enough.  Send her home, please.  

She was an asshole for their entire first season. 

I'd say after this season they should wash their hands of each other and we should never hear from either of them again.  

I procrastinated watching this season because I didnt want to watch Natalie using her looks and superficial, intermittent moments of saccharine kindness to walk all over Mike.

To see her plan crash and burn has been amusing.  Mike giving as good as he gets when she declares she is a genius doesn't bother me.  Him not giving her the reaction she is so desperate to get from him doesn't bother me either. 

She admitted that she provokes Mike, and now she tries to sell herself as the wronged victim?  After all the shit she pulled last season and she is STILL provoking him?  She is STILL trying to play him.. She can take several seats. 

I have not one shred of pity for her and there isnt a violin tiny enough. 

If Mike behaved this way with a nice, normal or sympathetic woman id be on her side. 

But Natalie is not nice, normal or sympathetic, IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't see any hope of long term success with any couple on this season.     However, I bet many K-1 visa situations are actually people who like each other, unlike on this show. 

They want the crazy love/hate couples for this show. It’s not a very realistic view of the K-1 process. 

• Love 6
On 2/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

Wondered who Jovi inherited his smile from. Both parents have either had dental work or the teeth skipped a generation.

my parents both had straight teeth, as do my brothers, but I was a thumb-sucker until I was seven and my bite looked like Jovi's. However, I did wear braces for several years to correct it but I also have a tongue thrust swallow which eventually undid a lot of the orthodontic work. 

• Love 2
On 2/14/2021 at 11:22 PM, Frozendiva said:

Both wanted the therapist to tell them each was right. His job was to get both sides and meet both in the middle.

I remember Natalie complaining that both his mother and hers always sided with Mike. She might have hoped an objective outsider might agree with her. Mike didn’t help his case by sitting there like a petulant teenager. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, nytonc said:

Yep. Rebecca’s major case of insecurity will soon make life miserable for Zied. I don’t think he has ulterior motives for being with her but he’d be entitled to at least one because she scammed him from the start with the decades old filtered pictures.  She loves having a young boyfriend, and really loves telling people just how young, but she can’t handle a woman in his age bracket offering to help move the furniture that Rebecca should have had in the apartment the day her 27 year old fiancé arrived.  How can she expect him to be comfortable in that barren apartment?  Zied is more way more gracious about it than Rebecca deserves. 

I laughed at Rebecca saying matter-of-factly, "I figured he could move the furniture in while I work." How? Carrying it on his back?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 2/15/2021 at 4:43 AM, Takitaki said:

The green card lottery is not country-specific, but is open to all countries whose citizens are underrepresented in the US

I remember that girl from Finland who was here  on a K1 visa with the music  producer had a sister already here who was a lottery winner 

• Love 2
On 2/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Does anyone think Ryan is not doing the nasty with Stephanie because he has a few more days of antibiotics left to take?

Wouldn’t that big box of glow-in-the-dark condoms take care of that issue? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, christmaslights said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if my son brought someone home on a K1 visa.  it complicates things for the eventual divorce, loss of grandchildren.  it will happen.

It’s been 22 years and  Herr Chickabiddy and I aren’t divorced yet.  Course, we circumvented the K1 process, so maybe that’s part of it. 😉

Happy Mardi Gras, y’all! 😘

• Love 3
On 2/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Twopper said:

I think they are laughing all the way to the bank.  They are on the show to make $$; at one point last season Mike implied he wasn't ready to have a family because of his debt which has either been eliminated in full or reduced to a manageable load.  So they signed up for another season, but they need some kind of conflict as Mike doesn't have overbearing parents to interfere with where he sleeps and to make Natalie chop wood to earn her keep.  They are about the same age so there is none of the May-December vibe like the two cougars have for a plot.  He works long hours, but, unlike  Jovi, he comes home at night.  He drinks, but not as much as Jovi.   They aren't interested in being in a threesome or some other arrangement.  They have nothing,.  So they have to bring something and that something is mostly faked quibbling with and snarking at each other.  Natalie overacts, and Mike often has the look that amateur actors have when they are more focused on recalling lines than on staying in character.  And they seem comfortable with it to a great degree,  like a long- married couple that are always sniping at each other.    In their case, the Oscar goes to Mike.

There is too much talk from these girls about drinking.  Yara and Natalie are home fiddling around all day while Jovie and Mike are working long hours.  When I worked in the City, I took the Railroad home.  EVERY man had a drink or beer in their hand on the train winding down from the day.  Some had more than one.  That’s how they unwind, and doesn’t mean they are alcoholics.  These moronic girls have to understand this and stfu.  They are immature tyrants.  Plus, no man wants a nagging wife when they come through the door each night.  Natalie .. no butter, no meat, counting how many beers he’s drinking.  Get the f out of here you crazy ass woman.  Yara is another pain in the ass.  She’s bored, so she has to pick on everything Jovie does. She needs a baby right now like a hole in the head.  Why didn’t they use something until they figured things out.  A miscarriage doesn’t guarantee you won’t get pregnant soon.  Apparently, she didn’t care.  Him neither.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 9
On 2/15/2021 at 2:08 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Was she even dressed revealingly when she was meeting Father Jovi? Or had he just committed to memory the pictures of her showing skin?

They showed a picture of her in a bikini. She even mentioned that she dresses differently at the beach than she does in the city. (Doesn’t everybody?) Even though it was just two days ago, I really don’t remember what she was wearing to meet Jovi’s father, but I don’t think it was anything revealing or inappropriate 

• Love 4
On 2/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, greekmom said:

Mike and Natalie. I mentioned this in the online chat but I do wonder if TLC  is playing the game. I mean look at Anna and Mursel.  They turned their boring storyline into something because he left during the 90 days and then came back in the 11th hour.  I mean we saw Natalie take off at the beginning of the show so Mike will probably chase her down with the ring, do some grand gesture on how he loves her on one knee and they marry at the courthouse the next day with Uncle Bo as witness,

This is exactly what I think.  Mike is playing a part for TLC.  Natalie would be gone by now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

They showed a picture of her in a bikini. She even mentioned that she dresses differently at the beach than she does in the city. (Doesn’t everybody?) Even though it was just two days ago, I really don’t remember what she was wearing to meet Jovi’s father, but I don’t think it was anything revealing or inappropriate 

She was wearing that jacket and I think the top wasn't revealing at all.  She really does have a great sense of fashion.  She is annoyingly nagging, but if I was with Jovi, I would do the same and then walk away.   He is a douchebag.

• Love 7
On 2/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, Takitaki said:

I feel like Mike was open to forgiving her for throwing the ring at him, but she's messed uo her chances multiple times by telling him he's fat, low IQ, drinks too much, has a smelly house, doesn't know how to cut vegetables etc. Every day she finds something to snipe about, and thinks her being like that is somehow "helping" Mike to become a better person. If she wasn't like that, I'm sure they would've moved past the ring thing already. She's just miserable to be around! I couldn't imagine my life living with someone who would find multiple things to criticise about me every single day.

Mike is no saint but I think his passive aggressive behaviour is not just because of the ring thing, but also because of her incessant criticising.

And on top of her constant evil shrew behavior, the personality changes are probably giving Mike whiplash!!  I mean she flips from the "I hate butter" bitch to batting her eyelashes and sitting on his lap in the blink of an eye.  I mean, that's some scary stuff right there.

In the south we call Mike a Bubba.  He's just a NW Bubba.  He had a life put together, a life he was proud of.  Along comes Nat and just trashes it all.  I don't think he wanted her to come to the USA.  I think he said no and she begged and he thought what the hell?  I'll give it a try for the $$.  He regrets that decision, and he'd be happy to have TLC send her packing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

She was an asshole for their entire first season. 

I'd say after this season they should wash their hands of each other and we should never hear from either of them again.  

I procrastinated watching this season because I didnt want to watch Natalie using her looks and superficial, intermittent moments of saccharine kindness to walk all over Mike.

To see her plan crash and burn has been amusing.  Mike giving as good as he gets when she declares she is a genius doesn't bother me.  Him not giving her the reaction she is so desperate to get from him doesn't bother me either. 

She admitted that she provokes Mike, and now she tries to sell herself as the wronged victim?  After all the shit she pulled last season and she is STILL provoking him?  She is STILL trying to play him.. She can take several seats. 

I have not one shred of pity for her and there isnt a violin tiny enough. 

If Mike behaved this way with a nice, normal or sympathetic woman id be on her side. 

But Natalie is not nice, normal or sympathetic, IMO. 

Maybe she’s trying to be an actress and be discovered.  One minute she’s full of makeup, eyeliner all around those baby blues. Pouting mouth .. the next minute,she’s got he bun going on with the washer woman look.  Maybe she’s Eve in that picture with Joann Woodward where she’s a psycho.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I laughed at Rebecca saying matter-of-factly, "I figured he could move the furniture in while I work." How? Carrying it on his back?

I must have missed it.  Did Rebecca get this apartment at the last minute?  Why couldn't her nosy son in law help her get the furniture out of storage with a few friends?  You just know there is a lifted truck or two in thar friend circle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I must have missed it.  Did Rebecca get this apartment at the last minute?  Why couldn't her nosy son in law help her get the furniture out of storage with a few friends?  You just know there is a lifted truck or two in thar friend circle. 

Yeah, like the cute little blonde with the truck that offered to help.  Ziad annoys me lately.  He’s got no say in anything.  He has to hang out with that daughter and son in law who makes remarks.  He has to man up, get some friends and get a life besides Rebecca.  If she lets that happen.  I doubt it tho.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yeah, like the cute little blonde with the truck that offered to help.  Ziad annoys me lately.  He’s got no say in anything.  He has to hang out with that daughter and son in law who makes remarks.  He has to man up, get some friends and get a life besides Rebecca.  If she lets that happen.  I doubt it tho.

So if he did man up and get some friends, Rebecca might just have to shut up and deal with it, if the alternative is that Zied goes back to Tunisia.  I wonder how willing she would be to hear "We told you so" repeated over and over again if he leaves her and goes home.  

• Love 2

For all those saying, why don't these people find someone close to home (Mike for ex., or Rebecca or Stephanie) more in their age range or with similar interest, I am guessing maybe you are in a committed relationship? Not judging, just my observation after I left my husband of 16 years, I had so many sweet friends going on and on about how I would be snapped up in a heartbeat, "so many great guys out there" etc. All very well meaning.....let me tell you, as a 40 something who was off the market for a while, I found the dating scene to be BRUTAL. My social circle were all happily married couples with young kids. Co-workers? I wouldn't go there and they were pretty much either happily married and starting families or much younger. Online dating is where I finally met my current boyfriend, but let me tell you, I had to weed out a LOT of frogs. Someone mentioned it earlier that Mike probably would not give that hair dresser the time of day because of physical appearance not being what most would rank as a 10. That is what I found too that I had a lot of much, much older men that were not very attractive who put in their profiles that they wanted under 30s.....or I found younger guys looking for a hook up asking for p*&&y pics after 5 mins of texting. And I live in a major metro area---can't imagine if I had the dating pool of Sequiem, WA (try fitting in dating with a 3 hour daily commute) or Hazelhurst, GA.....

I say all this just to explain how it colors my view of this show...I really do feel for the Angela's and Rebecca's because it is rough out there and I can only imagine these international dating sites are with the younger guys looking for a green card who flirt and flatter. Now, I do think Zied honestly cares about Rebecca---strikes me as the precious baby boy of his family back home who was spoiled and didn't do much dating or running around (not like Aladin or Mohammed or others from north African countries we have seen on this show). I don't think he has said much or stood up to "family Rebecca" because he is a little shell/culture shocked and still getting his bearings. Ditto for Michael and Ang----I think he has real affection for her. Some parts of the world, that is what marriage is more about----a mutual affection and desire for family rather than red hot lust and an equal partner in terms of looks and $ etc. 

Agree that Yara is getting to see home Jovi and how different he is from vacation Jovi. It is one thing to be on vacation and see your guy slamming back a few drinks. It's another to wake up every single morning and see him crack a beer before 9 am. His family was horrible to her and I was cheering when she gave it right back at them. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Yeah, like the cute little blonde with the truck that offered to help

And, actually, she said her family has several trucks--even mentioned a flatbed.  She might not have lifted a finger; she may not have shown up--just sent the truck and a driver.  A kind American making a kind gesture.  RUN, ZIAD, RUN!!!  (That might be what the last EX had to do.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Opine said:

And on top of her constant evil shrew behavior, the personality changes are probably giving Mike whiplash!!  I mean she flips from the "I hate butter" bitch to batting her eyelashes and sitting on his lap in the blink of an eye.  I mean, that's some scary stuff right there.

I call it editing...and a lot of coaching from producers.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, magemaud said:
On 2/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Was she even dressed revealingly when she was meeting Father Jovi? Or had he just committed to memory the pictures of her showing skin?

They showed a picture of her in a bikini.

Father Jovi couldn't remember a thing after that dazzling bikini-shot.  image.png.42e7cde02d20a450096bcccab2ecb924.png

Edited by Back Atcha
I bolded!
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Ziad annoys me lately.  He’s got no say in anything.  He has to hang out with that daughter and son in law who makes remarks.  He has to man up, get some friends and get a life besides Rebecca.  If she lets that happen.  I doubt it tho.

I think Zied just "goes along to get along." Even when something is forced on him, like dinner on the way home from the airport, meeting Rebecca's friend, going out with Tiffany and Co., (hee hee, I just got that) even trying the fake tattoos, he pauses, smiles and says "okay." He likes everything when asked or at least comes up with a diplomatic answer.  I don't recall him ever saying no to Rebecca since he's gotten to the US. 

• Love 7
On 2/16/2021 at 11:25 AM, TzuShih said:

Yes!  Natalie was so much more striking WITHOUT her usual 'baby doll' makeup.  And same thoughts about Yara!  Watching her at her in-law's home, face au natural, it's the first time I've thought that, yes, she IS pretty.  From 'clowns' 🤡 to actually attractive women. 👁️  Who'd a thunk it??

Actually, I think Julia is the most natural beauty of the Russian or Ukrainian women this season. She looks so wholesome, like she just stepped off the farm...

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 2/16/2021 at 4:57 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Rebecca's full of shit. She's going to play that card with gusto for all she's worth. Her stink eye was EPIC, she's going to grill Zied every single time a server says hello or a cashier smiles at him. (Pro tip, Rebecca, its their damn job!)

Though of course, this is a old Sharp chestnut--"insecure woman can't handle it when another woman interacts with her man". See Colt and Larissa. Its so boring and I repeat my pleas to Sharp to please please PLEASE hire some new writers because these plot lines are as stale as yesterday's donuts.

Except I will bet you 5 American dollars that Mike's barber is not hot enough for him. Any guy who'll go shopping to Ukraine for a blond, blue eyed fitness model is not going to look at a pleasingly plump moderately cute local girl. 

Mike would rather be miserable with his pretty Ukranian bride than be happy with a local girl with average looks who actually cares about him.

• Love 8
On 2/16/2021 at 8:13 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't see any hope of long term success with any couple on this season.     However, I bet many K-1 visa situations are actually people who like each other, unlike on this show. 

I agree.  I actually married a man using a spousal visa, and thankfully we are happy together after 11 years of married life (and 5 years of dating - not 90 days!). But, I do believe this show attracts people who just want to be on tv and audition for it, and then, of course, the producers pick the craziest couples.  Hence, the show depicts the least-likely-to-succeed pairings.  I'm amazed some of them last as long as they do!

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Mike would rather be miserable with his pretty Ukranian bride than be happy with a local girl with average looks who actually cares about him.

I think "Mike would rather be miserable," are the key to Mike.  Wonder what his coworkers think of him.  WHY does he have to work so far from where he lives - OR - WHY does he live so far from where he works?

The long drive after a long day of work (what does he do?) can't be ideal for a new romance.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

For all those saying, why don't these people find someone close to home (Mike for ex., or Rebecca or Stephanie) more in their age range or with similar interest, I am guessing maybe you are in a committed relationship? Not judging, just my observation after I left my husband of 16 years, I had so many sweet friends going on and on about how I would be snapped up in a heartbeat, "so many great guys out there" etc. All very well meaning.....let me tell you, as a 40 something who was off the market for a while, I found the dating scene to be BRUTAL. My social circle were all happily married couples with young kids. Co-workers? I wouldn't go there and they were pretty much either happily married and starting families or much younger. Online dating is where I finally met my current boyfriend, but let me tell you, I had to weed out a LOT of frogs. Someone mentioned it earlier that Mike probably would not give that hair dresser the time of day because of physical appearance not being what most would rank as a 10. That is what I found too that I had a lot of much, much older men that were not very attractive who put in their profiles that they wanted under 30s.....or I found younger guys looking for a hook up asking for p*&&y pics after 5 mins of texting. And I live in a major metro area---can't imagine if I had the dating pool of Sequiem, WA (try fitting in dating with a 3 hour daily commute) or Hazelhurst, GA.....

This was very insightful - thank you so much!  And yes, I am one of those people who says those exact words:  "Why are going international?"  To me, it just seems exhausting to be involved with someone who lives across the globe.  I must also freely admit that to me, meeting someone online and talking is not dating.  It is talking to someone you met online.

Mike reminds me of so so so many guys from college and beyond who had a very nice, sweet, smart girl crushing on them but they were not a size two so nope, gotta pass.

• Love 6

Mike reminds me of so so so many guys from college and beyond who had a very nice, sweet, smart girl crushing on them but they were not a size two so nope, gotta pass.

Yep...I mean, Rebecca is what, 50? I think she is a very attractive woman and she seems to be a kind person as well. However....Three times divorced with kids, ok, grown kids, but kids who are involved with some premium partners as we have seen....Ed, from last season of "the other way" was early 50s. Now, I know Ed had a condition which impacted his height, appearance, etc But....he still thought he was THE shit!! And went for the impoverished woman younger than his daughter. Guessing Ed would never look twice at a Rebecca. Or, how about David (with Lana)? He seemed to have it together and wasn't horribly unattractive. He was also almost 60 and I bet even I at age 42 would have been too old for his tastes. Guys like Ed and David---they want to find a young, gorgeous woman and then fret over and over whether she truly loves him or not or is using him for a green card. I wish for once someone woudl be honest and say, "hey, I know this may not be a 100% love match, but I am looking for companionship and if you can treat me with dignity, respect and sign on for this, you can come live in teh US and make a better life for youself and your family." This is how I see Tarzel.

Same with Stephanie this season----she basically bankrolls his family and his life. He doesn't treat her well or make her feel special.....if she is willing to buy a groom, she could do much better. 

So many of the couples on her are really in transactional relationships but one of the people isn't aware or doesn't want to admit that is what it is actually. 

I would never go on an international site....my ex husband was from another country and while we didn't have to go the K1 route, we dealt a LOT with immigration and the cultural differences, etc......it was a tough road. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Yep...I mean, Rebecca is what, 50? I think she is a very attractive woman and she seems to be a kind person as well. However....Three times divorced with kids, ok, grown kids, but kids who are involved with some premium partners as we have seen....Ed, from last season of "the other way" was early 50s. Now, I know Ed had a condition which impacted his height, appearance, etc But....he still thought he was THE shit!! And went for the impoverished woman younger than his daughter. Guessing Ed would never look twice at a Rebecca.

And announced that if Rose were to cast an eye his way again, he would drop everything and go for it again, making his daughter cry.  I agree Ed would never look at Rebecca either.

I always feels for some of these folks but not in a good way:  I seemed to be, back in high school and college, that BFF who was overlooked by the guys because I was not a size six.  Not heavy but not a stick.  Perhaps my large hump was a turnoff?  I dunno, lol.  

Rebecca is 49, we all know ZIed is 27 as she announces it several times an episode.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, Mr. Miner said:

I wonder if he realizes how much of a big, pouty douchebag he looks like?

@Mr. Miner, we agree again. In the barber scene Mike was wearing the same ill-fitting polyester hoodie, three sizes too small, that he wore hiking. Why, Mike, do you dress like a shleb? There are people here who say you're doing this for a paycheck, so if that's true you need to dress better, damnit.  Just saying. 

9 hours ago, Opine said:

In the south we call Mike a Bubba.  He's just a NW Bubba. 

You say Bubba, I say Poofster. Typical Pacific northwest bachelor, they usually hate thick makeup on women. 

Natalie needs  to clean the closet and drawers, put a few outfits together for him. A flannel shirt, puffy vest with some black canvas jeans. 

• LOL 1
34 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

@Mr. Miner, we agree again. In the barber scene Mike was wearing the same ill-fitting polyester hoodie, three sizes too small, that he wore hiking. Why, Mike, do you dress like a shleb? There are people here who say you're doing this for a paycheck, so if that's true you need to dress better, damnit.  Just saying. 

You say Bubba, I say Poofster. Typical Pacific northwest bachelor, they usually hate thick makeup on women. 

Natalie needs  to clean the closet and drawers, put a few outfits together for him. A flannel shirt, puffy vest with some black canvas jeans. 

I think be gained weight and doesn't want to buy new clothes as he plans to lose weight.  The best laid plans of mouse and men.  But he has lost a lot of weight so going up a hoodie size may feel really bad. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This was very insightful - thank you so much!  And yes, I am one of those people who says those exact words:  "Why are going international?"  To me, it just seems exhausting to be involved with someone who lives across the globe.  I must also freely admit that to me, meeting someone online and talking is not dating.  It is talking to someone you met online.

I wonder of he is over that now or if he will pop up a year or two from now with a Ukrainian girlfriend or someone from colombia.  It'll be interesting.  

He seemed to have met Natalie organically through friends so he wasn't a big Ed on the hunt for a desperate woman to buy.  

• Love 2
On 2/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, Lily247 said:

I will iterate. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, practically EVERYONE wants to move to the US.

In fact, in Russia (and possibly Ukraine) every year there is a green card lottery to get to the US legally. Tons of people apply the same way Americans play the lottery  to win a million dollars. It's called "winning  green card". They even have strategies, such as both husband and wife applying to double the chances. So, the situation is, Ukrainians and Russians have a stereotype that Americans are all slow and stupid, but they themselves will jump at the opportunity to move here. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a more comfortable life, but I don't like the stuck-up attitude. So yes - they DO want to move to America and get a nice home, nice cars, live out the "American dream"  but they have no desire to interact with any American people. 

I still there's a stereotype in poorer countries that everyone in America is rich and has a big house like on TV.  Then they come over and reality sets in.  Fast food and fat people everywhere, living in trailers like Mike or empty apartments like the other one.   

Americans want to get a nice home and nice car but it's not reality even for many who are born here.  And they don't all want to come to America.  Western Europe and up and coming Eastern European countries are appealing too. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just watched it.  She's completely covered up with very little make up.  She looks pretty.   Jovi's father was so inappropriate mentioning his future daughter-in-law's clothing choices.  Gross. 

• Love 9
On 2/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, Silver Bells said:

Man, that Rebecca is going to chew those lips right off her face.  Jealousy Baby.

That was uncalled for.  Poor guy was enjoying himself and not flirting with the girl at all.  Neither was the girl flirting.  She was keeping the conversation going, they had some laughs.    Way to drive him away Rebecca. 

• Love 12

Mike and Natalie: I don’t think they should get married at all. Natalie is a nutcase. Why be with someone to change every aspect about them? She nags nonstop, is never happy, and tells him what to eat, what to wear, how to walk, how to talk, then calls him trash.

Mike, however, is very selfish and cold hearted. He doesn’t even like her. I mean, why did he bring her all the way here on a K1 visa when he clearly doesn’t want to pursue a relationship with her?

These two are not compatible.

Cougar Stephanie and Ryan: I would like to know what they got into a fight about. Maybe he didn’t want to sleep with her? Who knows? But she called Harris up immediately again! 

Jovi and Yara: Jovi is such an ass. He is mean and acts like a child. He has no consideration for Yara. Yeah, she may nag him, but who wouldn't nag an alcoholic man-child? I don't see him being a good hands on dad. I see him leaving her with the baby a lot to go out with friends to escape the home life and having her do all the baby duties.

Also, his family and friends are downright rude. Shitting on her for "wanting a green card", yet when she says she doesn't even want to live in the US they don't like that either! The girl can't catch a break from those people! And you can't just bring crawfish to a pregnant European woman who's hungry. Come on!! He is clueless and not ready to care for another person.

Rebecca and Zied: I think Rebecca overreacted big time. Zied wasn’t flirting with the blonde girl, he was talking to her. He’s been lonely, and I know what it’s like to finally start meeting people (as friends). If he wanted to cheat, he will.

If she is that insecure about dating a younger guy, she should stick to men her own age.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I just watched it.  She's completely covered up with very little make up.  She looks pretty.   Jovi's father was so inappropriate mentioning his future daughter-in-law's clothing choices.  Gross. 

And why was he "partying" with Jovi and his pals?  He was the only old guy there!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Cougar Stephanie and Ryan: I would like to know what they got into a fight about. Maybe he didn’t want to sleep with her? Who knows? But she called Harris up immediately again! 

I imagine we are going to see what happened in those missing four hours next Sunday night and that blow up scene was just a preview. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

. Guys like Ed and David---they want to find a young, gorgeous woman and then fret over and over whether she truly loves him or not or is using him for a green card. I wish for once someone woudl be honest and say, "hey, I know this may not be a 100% love match, but I am looking for companionship and if you can treat me with dignity, respect and sign on for this, you can come live in teh US and make a better life for youself and your family." This is how I see Tarzel.

I would never go on an international site....my ex husband was from another country and while we didn't have to go the K1 route, we dealt a LOT with immigration and the cultural differences, etc......it was a tough road. 

Agree with both statements. And, for the first one, sometimes that works. I got to know Matt and Alla offscreen and that's kind of how theirs started out: she got stability, a nice home, and a better life for her and her son while he got an attractive wife, homemaker, and a family in return. What we often talk about as "being in love" is oftentimes just infatuation. That can wear off. Those two started off as friends but now, after some years, they do seem to have a great deal of love for each other.

So it CAN work. We sometimes talk like this kind of relationship is inferior. A transactional relationship can work as long as both of them realize that it is transactional. 

And yeah, I wouldn't seek a foreign spouse if my husband and I divorced. I met my K1 spouse organically (I lived in his country) but the immigration stuff is a nightmare and really beats the hell out of the romance aspect. 

• Love 3

OMG...I started watching 90 Day Journey:  Mike and Natalie because I didn't watch back them.  Woah.  He was like a totally different person at the beginning of  their season.  He has so much more life to him and so does she.  It's incredible that it's the same two people!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

He seemed to have met Natalie organically through friends so he wasn't a big Ed on the hunt for a desperate woman to buy.

Yes he did and now he needs to admit that they just are not that into each other.  You thought you were, and now you are not.  Cut your losses and break up.

15 hours ago, Lemons said:

Neither was the girl flirting.  She was keeping the conversation going, they had some laughs.    Way to drive him away Rebecca. 

If Rebecca thought THAT was flirting.......the girl was talking to Zied.  Nothing more.  Rebecca you can't transplant  your 27 year old fiance (he is 27, right?) and then get man every time a female speaks to him, as it is going to happen a lot.

• Love 5