Type keyword(s) to search

S09E02: Just Do You

druzy
  • Start Topic

Amber is shocked when Gary asks her to move onto his property. Catelynn pursues a career in microblading (whatever happened to social worker, clothing designer, veterinarian...) while Mackenzie accepts a job opportunity in Florida. Bentley starts therapy and Maci is heartbroken when she finds out he feels neglected.

Airs February 2, 2021

• Love 2

I love that Amber complimented Gary and Kristina for their “support.”  When does she start to provide some support to anyone at all?  They are raising her daughter for her while she continues to cycle through one inappropriate, borderline dangerous man after another.  I thought Kristina’s comment about Gary sneaking out to see Amber in the middle of the night was . . . interesting.  I’ve never totally liked Kristina -that knowing little look she has all the time bothers me- but she has a point.  Still, the conversation at the end of the episode was very mature.  Amber knows that Leah is better off with her dad and it does take a certain amount of clarity to realize that. 

Bentley absolutely did not suggest counseling with his dad on his own.  He just didn’t.  Maci is driving this bus all the way.  Her constant comments like “I’ll be freaking stoked if your dad shows up” do not help.  Bentley looks terribly somber all the time and says maybe three words per episode.  I’m freshly enraged every time this monosyllabic preteen is forced to discuss his deeply personal, painful issues on my TV screen.  I’d love to know what kind of bullshit therapist he’s seeing who thinks it’s totally okay for Bentley‘s presence on this show to continue, much less for him to discuss their sessions on the show.  As for Rhine’s parents, my heart goes out to them.  They have enabled the hell out of their son (and to be honest, it’s becoming increasingly clear to me that I have zero room to talk), but they clearly care so much.  And nice hat, Rhine.  Ugh.

Mackenzie’s segments were basically an ad for whatever crap exercise program (oh, pardon me- her “career”) she’s pushing.  She’s moving to Florida, so bon voyage.  Yawn.  One high point: She said “boyses.”  Leah’s ears perked up!

Ditto for Brianna’s overgrown manchild of a baby daddy, heading off to do yet another reality show.  What a wonderful luxury to be able to jet off at the drop of a hat for 10 weeks to play.  Double yawn.

Catelynn, no one gives the slightest shit if you’re “following your passion” by learning how to microblade.  As for opening a microblading business, if you couldn’t even commit to a vet tech program, trust and believe that you damn sure won’t be able to withdraw your head out of your ass long enough to execute all of the tasks associated with that.  And that includes not only getting it off the ground, but keeping it going, which is arguably even harder.  Sorry, but my passion is refusing to play along with overgrown kids’ fantasies. 

• Love 24

Maci is so foul for allowing what was discussed in Bentley's therapy session to be aired on TV. Stevie Wonder can see how Bentley feels about Ryan, we didn't need to see it discussed.

Jen and Larry are full of shit with Ryan and his so-called triggers. It's not Maci's faul you raised a man-baby with no coping skills! 

• Love 20

I cried for Bentley   What is Maci doing to him!  If we see it doesn't this therapist see it????  Doesn't he watch tv????

Larry and Jen blame everybody but themselves for Ryan.  He's always been a manchild.  He doesn't know how to love Bentley!  Btw is he using again?  He stares funny when he's using.

• Love 11

So, Larry is saying he outright told Bentley that if he had to choose between his grandson and his son, he'd choose Ryan every time? Wow. You suck, Larry.

Have to say, I'd be perfectly ok with removing Ryan and his family from this show. He and his hat can take a long walk off a short pier.

• Love 23
On 2/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, MargeGunderson said:

A “career” in micro blading. Sure, Jan. 

I though Cate did a decent job with heavy supervision, but I can't believe anyone could support a family by tattooing eyebrows. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think I'm finally able to break free from watching these people.  But before I go, can anyone explain what Rhine's parents were apologizing to him for?  Not to him directly, but in that little confab with the producer, Larry apologized to Rhine.  I did a cursory watch of that part once, and then watched it again, and I'm still not sure what the deal is.  Maci is a trigger, apparently.  Do they feel bad for pushing him to interact with her? 

8 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I was disgusted by those masks at the salon. I was waiting for some condensation to drip out the bottom. 

Just part of the cascade of virus shooting out from under there.

I noticed a producer wearing a different kind of clear mask, which people think will help communication because you can see someone's more or less whole face (nobody on this show lip reads).  But it was fogged up, which they almost always do, defeating that purpose, plus those are stiffer than cloth ones so they don't wrap around your face tightly and keep in/out the virus.

I know...big shock that on Teen Mom the maskwork is less than ideal.  But color me shocked that Amber at least looked like she was trying to be compliant.  Maybe she takes power in wearing a mask, because it's an actual act.  Otherwise, best I can tell, her highest and best use is to stay out of people's lives.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Maci is so foul for allowing what was discussed in Bentley's therapy session to be aired on TV. Stevie Wonder can see how Bentley feels about Ryan, we didn't need to see it discussed.

Jen and Larry are full of shit with Ryan and his so-called triggers. It's not Maci's faul you raised a man-baby with no coping skills! 

Totally agree. She's even worse than Chelsea was during her last season. It's truly shameful. On a superficial note, WTAF is going on with Bentley's hair? Whose idea was that? 

Riley is adorable.

Mackenzie looks 50.

Why does Tyler always yell?

Time for this show to end.

• Love 8

OMFG!!!  Are you kidding me with Rhine and his parents?  They are complete assholes.  What triggers?!  Rhine was ready to leave Maci when she was pregnant.  She tried so hard and he was never interested.  Ryan's bratty behavior and addictions are not her fault.  I would have loved to have seen how his life unfolded without Maci and Bentley in the picture.  He would have still been a complete dickhead and he's so toxic and mean that even his parents can't compete.  They totally folded out of pure exhaustion which is what they did while he was growing up, it's so obvious.  What is wrong with Mac's face? 

Yeah Maci should not be airing Bentley's dirty laundry on a public tv show but Ryan also seems completely disgusted with her parenting when he does nothing.  We all see you, scumbag.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

OMFG!!!  Are you kidding me with Rhine and his parents?  They are complete assholes.  What triggers?!  Rhine was ready to leave Maci when she was pregnant.  She tried so hard and he was never interested.  Ryan's bratty behavior and addictions are not her fault.  I would have loved to have seen how his life unfolded without Maci and Bentley in the picture.  He would have still been a complete dickhead and he's so toxic and mean that even his parents can't compete.  They totally folded out of pure exhaustion which is what they did while he was growing up, it's so obvious.  What is wrong with Mac's face? 

Yeah Maci should not be airing Bentley's dirty laundry on a public tv show but Ryan also seems completely disgusted with her parenting when he does nothing.  We all see you, scumbag.

Yes...to everything you said!!!! OMG!! Larry's comment that he would throw his grandson under the bus for his dysfunctional, absentee father, lard ass son was just awful. And Jen crying and weeping all the time is just tired and old. How about geting angry at yourself for constantly spoiling and making excuses for your poor excuse for a son. I'm sorry...the dysfunction in this family is so overwhelming that I don't know if it can ever be fixed. Ryan is excused for his bad behavior and terrible choices and the parents apologize to him and cry??? What am I missing here? Ryan lies around the house getting fat and complaining about Maci for his abandonment of his son. No douchebag...you are to blame. It's easy to blame her for everything to justify you blowing off your son...the son you cruelly mock and verbally/mentally abuse. His wife seems to be at a loss for how to react to his sociopathic ramblings. She better buckle her seatbelt because she is in for a very bumpy ride as their children get bigger...he already is yelling at the toddler for not taking his shoes off. He's a textbook narcissist. And the enabling is just getting worse from his parents...they all share in a codependency with Ryan and it needs to end.  

Bentley's therapist descibing Bentley's feelings about not having his bio father's love or attention broke my heart. He really is a sweet kid and it pains me to see any child feel that one of their parents doesn't care about them or want them in their lives...seems like Jen and Larry care more about appeasing and apologizing to their ungrateful bully of a son then helping their grandson or making him feel loved and important. And yes, I think it is time for Maci to take Bentley off the show except to show him interacting with his siblings or playing sports. The personal traumas he is experiencing with Ryan should be off camera.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think I'm finally able to break free from watching these people.  But before I go, can anyone explain what Rhine's parents were apologizing to him for?  Not to him directly, but in that little confab with the producer, Larry apologized to Rhine.  I did a cursory watch of that part once, and then watched it again, and I'm still not sure what the deal is.  Maci is a trigger, apparently.  Do they feel bad for pushing him to interact with her? 

Just part of the cascade of virus shooting out from under there.

I noticed a producer wearing a different kind of clear mask, which people think will help communication because you can see someone's more or less whole face (nobody on this show lip reads).  But it was fogged up, which they almost always do, defeating that purpose, plus those are stiffer than cloth ones so they don't wrap around your face tightly and keep in/out the virus.

I know...big shock that on Teen Mom the maskwork is less than ideal.  But color me shocked that Amber at least looked like she was trying to be compliant.  Maybe she takes power in wearing a mask, because it's an actual act.  Otherwise, best I can tell, her highest and best use is to stay out of people's lives.

Public health officials say that a cloth or paper filter mask shouold be worn underneath the clear mask...you couldn't pay me to have Cate come near me with personal facial equipment...yuck.

• Love 12

Ryan, & family have no right criticize Maci when they happily collect their MTV money to talk about Bentley on same TV show.  At least she cares about him. What happens when Ryan decides Bentley's a trigger?

• Love 13
8 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

That's true but it looked unhealthily skinny.  I was thinking she was popping some pills with Ryan.  She should eat his hat.

This is funny, because I was wondering the same about BOTH Macs. With Rhine's wife, she's always had interesting features, but I did notice her face looks thinner. Probably just losing pregnancy weight. I thought she looked pretty good. 

Other Mackenzie ... eek. What IS going on there? I used to think she was gorgeous. Now she's beginning to look like her sister, who looks like a 50 yr old man. Her features are looking harder and more masculine. I hope she's not using steroids or something?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Can McKenzie just take the boyses and her daughter out of state ? It seems like no one has filed for divorce yet but isn't that a custody violation  ?

I liked Ryan's hat. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I couldn't remember what microblading was so I googled it. Cate wouldn't get near my eyes with a sharp instrument, technical mentor nearby or not.

Maci is not Ryan's trigger. He doesn't care at all about her. Ryan's wife looks good for herself. 

Kristina is a saint, and Geery should thank his lucky stars that he has her. They seem like a good match, and she provides a healthy, stable home for their family.  That being said, they should NOT put Amber on their property. I'm sure Geery is trustworthy but still, NO. And, why does Amber need their help so much ? What the hell ? They drive an hour each way to bring food to a young girl who doesn't even work. 

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Love 10

I thought Ryan’s Mac looked sickly. Maybe it was the no makeup. Hopefully they both aren’t on the pillses. 

Why can’t Cate just get a job at a salon doing micro blading? Why does it always have to be they want to open their own business? Working for someone else would be a lot less commitment, especially while she figures out if she actually likes doing it. BUT that would require Cate to be held accountable for showing up to work at certain times and I’m sure that’s just too much to ask. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
23 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Yes...to everything you said!!!! OMG!! Larry's comment that he would throw his grandson under the bus for his dysfunctional, absentee father, lard ass son was just awful. And Jen crying and weeping all the time is just tired and old. How about geting angry at yourself for constantly spoiling and making excuses for your poor excuse for a son. I'm sorry...the dysfunction in this family is so overwhelming that I don't know if it can ever be fixed. Ryan is excused for his bad behavior and terrible choices and the parents apologize to him and cry??? What am I missing here? Ryan lies around the house getting fat and complaining about Maci for his abandonment of his son. No douchebag...you are to blame. It's easy to blame her for everything to justify you blowing off your son...the son you cruelly mock and verbally/mentally abuse. His wife seems to be at a loss for how to react to his sociopathic ramblings. She better buckle her seatbelt because she is in for a very bumpy ride as their children get bigger...he already is yelling at the toddler for not taking his shoes off. He's a textbook narcissist. And the enabling is just getting worse from his parents...they all share in a codependency with Ryan and it needs to end.  

I didn't get that from what Larry said AT ALL.  He said nothing about throwing anyone under the bus.  I didn't hear him blame Maci. 

Larry was saying that he has realized that trying to shame Ryan into being a good dad isn't working.  He isn't going to try to force his grown son to do anything.  This is a good approach, he is finally realizing that he cannot fix his son.  It is horrific to have a son who is sick and not be able to help him, no matter if it is cancer or addiction.

Ryan is a selfish asshole and he needs to figure all of this out for himself.  I think he is a sick man, and like the many many opiate addicts in the country, I feel compassion and I hope he gets help.

Unless you have an addict in the family, you can't understand the heartbreak.  There is no rule book, there is only sadness and despair until the addict decides that they need help.  

Maci didn't make Ryan an addict, she has nothing to do with his disease. 

BUT what she CAN do is get HER son off tv while he is dealing with a really horrible situation.

When she asked Bentley if he wants to talk about his appointment and he says NO, respect that!  She is really disgusting, calling the therapist to discuss the pain her son is in for airtime on a tv show.

• Love 12
On 2/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. I am not a fan of Maci's. I think she loves Bentley but I also think she uses his situation both to stay on the show to pump up the drama and I think she likes the control it gives her over Ryan. But from the their start on this show, Ryan was a shit father, boyfriend and person, in general. And Jen and Larry disgust me. I understand them taking Ryan's side over Maci's just because he's their son. But Bentley is not in charge here. He cannot help the way either parent acts. So you take it out on him?  More like they've got a "new family" with Ryan's younger kids so I guess Bentley is replaceable. Such a messed up family. Why do they continue to be on this show?  They are increasingly revealing themselves to be as messed up as their son.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I didn't get that from what Larry said AT ALL.  He said nothing about throwing anyone under the bus.  I didn't hear him blame Maci. 

Larry was saying that he has realized that trying to shame Ryan into being a good dad isn't working.  He isn't going to try to force his grown son to do anything.  This is a good approach, he is finally realizing that he cannot fix his son.  It is horrific to have a son who is sick and not be able to help him, no matter if it is cancer or addiction.

Ryan is a selfish asshole and he needs to figure all of this out for himself.  I think he is a sick man, and like the many many opiate addicts in the country, I feel compassion and I hope he gets help.

Unless you have an addict in the family, you can't understand the heartbreak.  There is no rule book, there is only sadness and despair until the addict decides that they need help.  

Maci didn't make Ryan an addict, she has nothing to do with his disease. 

BUT what she CAN do is get HER son off tv while he is dealing with a really horrible situation.

When she asked Bentley if he wants to talk about his appointment and he says NO, respect that!  She is really disgusting, calling the therapist to discuss the pain her son is in for airtime on a tv show.

You and I aren't watching the same show...because I heard and saw someting totally different when it came to Larry's comment about Bentley/Ryan. Yeah, Ryan is a troubled addict but he's also the father to three kids. One of whom he has no relationship with and treats poorly. When I see him blaming everyone else for his issues which he has done since the begining of this show, it really highlights how enabled and whiny he is. Man up asshole and get sober and do the work to be a better father. And everyone else related to him should stop being so codependent and sdet boundaries and stick to it. Enough.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

You and I aren't watching the same show...because I heard and saw someting totally different when it came to Larry's comment about Bentley/Ryan. Yeah, Ryan is a troubled addict but he's also the father to three kids. One of whom he has no relationship with and treats poorly. When I see him blaming everyone else for his issues which he has done since the begining of this show, it really highlights how enabled and whiny he is. Man up asshole and get sober and do the work to be a better father. And everyone else related to him should stop being so codependent and sdet boundaries and stick to it. Enough.

I heard Larry say that he loves Bentley with all of his heart, he is his grandson, etc but then he awkwardly transitioned into telling the crew, "you are not going to get me to talk bad about Ryan, I don't want to trigger him, he is my son" or something like that.  He wasn't saying that he said that TO BENTLEY!  He looked right at the producer or whatever while he was saying it.  He was saying that all of his negative talk about his son is not helping, so he doesn't want to do it.  I am sure he is angry with Ryan but talking about how much he sucks ON CAMERA does more harm than good.  Maci needs to grasp that concept.

This show is truly hurting Bentley.  Maci knows this.  She uses her son's pain as a storyline.  She has done this for most of Bentley's life.  How anyone can think she is a good mother is beyond me.  I actually think she is as selfish as Ryan.   

I think Ryan sucks.  I feel for him because addiction is a disease and I think he has no idea how to get well and stay well, but I also think he is a horrible father and husband, and a horrible person in general.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I heard Larry say that he loves Bentley with all of his heart, he is his grandson, etc but then he awkwardly transitioned into telling the crew, "you are not going to get me to talk bad about Ryan, I don't want to trigger him, he is my son" or something like that.  He wasn't saying that he said that TO BENTLEY!  He looked right at the producer or whatever while he was saying it.  He was saying that all of his negative talk about his son is not helping, so he doesn't want to do it.  I am sure he is angry with Ryan but talking about how much he sucks ON CAMERA does more harm than good.  Maci needs to grasp that concept.

This show is truly hurting Bentley.  Maci knows this.  She uses her son's pain as a storyline.  She has done this for most of Bentley's life.  How anyone can think she is a good mother is beyond me.  I actually think she is as selfish as Ryan.   

I think Ryan sucks.  I feel for him because addiction is a disease and I think he has no idea how to get well and stay well, but I also think he is a horrible father and husband, and a horrible person in general.  

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Whatever Larry said was expressed poorly and not well thought out. And this whole "we might have triggered him" stuff is just more enabling. Everything "triggers" Ryan because he has yet to take any ownership of his disease. Does he go to therapy or Al Anon or do any work to make himself well? What we see is a guy just sitting on couch complaining about his baby mama and yelling at his toddler. Everyone walks on eggshells around this guy for fear of his temper, his outbursts or that it will "trigger" him. I have compassion for people with addiction issues but if they don't do the work to make themselves well and just want to blame everyone else for it, then I just can't be sympathetic. Ryan has never grown up...he's a manchild who is still being coddled by his weak parents. Does he even have a job? As for Maci...she at least provides a stable home and a father figure for Bentley who loves him and actively participates in his life. She should absoloutely pull Bentley from the show at this juncture and keep his problems with Ryan private. But all the moms on these shows go too far in allowing their older kids to be exposed like this...Chelsea DeBoer should be given credit for pulling out of the show to give Aubree privacy as she enters her pre teens...she's made a decision that was probably hard to make since this show has provided her and her family a very nice income over the years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

ITA. It's disgusting that Maci is using Bentley's issues with Ryan to make money on her reality show. Just gross on every level. Her story has centered on what assholes Ryan and his parents are for years now, I think in order to 1) create some interest while avoiding showcasing her own issues and drama and 2) to punish Ryan and the Edwardses. I believe that Maci is happy, or at least satisfied, with Taylor now, but she was Very Put Out for years that Ryan had no interest in being with her and even actively disliked her. I believe that she also resented Ryan for being a shitty dad, but it was obvious that her animus toward him went beyond that. Ryan is clearly and undoubtedly an asshole; he has been since before got into smack, but Maci is an asshole too. I think she's very stuck up and has been fawned over since even before MTV and that much more after MTV. So she felt like Ryan and his parents should worship the ground she walks on, especially since she was such a "great mom" doing it all "on her own." Instead, Ryan made it pretty clear that he could barely stand her, even when they were still together, and that his parents were forcing him to be with her. When she broke off their engagement and gave him some kind of ultimatum, he couldn't take her up on it fast enough and happily broke up without ever looking back. I think she hoped he'd realize how much he was losing and shape up as a fiance and dad, so it was a blow to her ego on top of everything else.

40 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Whatever Larry said was expressed poorly and not well thought out. And this whole "we might have triggered him" stuff is just more enabling. Everything "triggers" Ryan because he has yet to take any ownership of his disease. Does he go to therapy or Al Anon or do any work to make himself well? What we see is a guy just sitting on couch complaining about his baby mama and yelling at his toddler. Everyone walks on eggshells around this guy for fear of his temper, his outbursts or that it will "trigger" him. I have compassion for people with addiction issues but if they don't do the work to make themselves well and just want to blame everyone else for it, then I just can't be sympathetic. Ryan has never grown up...he's a manchild who is still being coddled by his weak parents. Does he even have a job? As for Maci...she at least provides a stable home and a father figure for Bentley who loves him and actively participates in his life. She should absoloutely pull Bentley from the show at this juncture and keep his problems with Ryan private. But all the moms on these shows go too far in allowing their older kids to be exposed like this...Chelsea DeBoer should be given credit for pulling out of the show to give Aubree privacy as she enters her pre teens...she's made a decision that was probably hard to make since this show has provided her and her family a very nice income over the years.

I do think Larry's segment talking about Bentley and Ryan was edited weirdly, though I believe he is super codependent with Ryan and their whole family dynamic is fucked up. The "triggering" thing seems like major gaslighting to me. Years ago when Ryan went to rehab for one of the first times, Jen was crying about how Ryan's counselor or whoever had made them understand that he used because he was triggered and that they (I think Jen even took the majority of the blame) often triggered him. I agree that that is bullshit and that it seems like Ryan does nothing to help himself, he just blames his parents, Maci, and even his toddler for "making" him be an asshole.

It seems that Ryan has forced his parents to accept his narrative that he did nothing to merit Maci and Taylor taking out the RO against him and that they completely fabricated the story. I remember that he insisted on that and blew up when they gently suggested that maybe he should take some responsibility for the incident a couple of years ago, but now they seem to at least pretend to believe that Maci, in another maneuver in her years-long campaign to make Ryan look bad, lied to the police and everyone else. Larry and Jen also seem to give credence to the idea that it's reasonable for Ryan to consider giving up on a relationship with Bentley because of how badly he has been and continues to be victimized by Maci. That was very disturbing to me, especially because Ryan seemed to be saying he wanted to go to therapy with Bentley so he could finally help Bentley understand "the truth." It seems like, rather than taking responsibility for his mistakes, Ryan has forced his immediate family to pretend that he's never done anything wrong. I wonder whether and to what extent he even admits to doing drugs at this point. IMO, he's clearly not sober, so I assume that, at minimum, he's doing pharmaceuticals. I could totally see his parents and Mac pretending like that's ok, but I wonder if they let him drive or leave him alone with the younger kids.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

42 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

ITA. It's disgusting that Maci is using Bentley's issues with Ryan to make money on her reality show. Just gross on every level. Her story has centered on what assholes Ryan and his parents are for years now,

Reminder that Ryan, Mac, Jen & Larry are all paid to be on the same reality show.  

I can only imagine how they'd react if Maci decided to leave. "She took away Ryan's livelihood and triggered him back to the drugs" "Bentley had to  go back to public school because Maci pulled him from the show"  They'd be stuck selling stories to tabloids. 

All of these kids would be better served to live their lives off camera, but there's thousands of others who'd gladly sign up for chance to be famous and earn some money.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Reminder that Ryan, Mac, Jen & Larry are all paid to be on the same reality show.  

I can only imagine how they'd react if Maci decided to leave. "She took away Ryan's livelihood and triggered him back to the drugs" "Bentley had to  go back to public school because Maci pulled him from the show"  They'd be stuck selling stories to tabloids. 

All of these kids would be better served to live their lives off camera, but there's thousands of others who'd gladly sign up for chance to be famous and earn some money.

True they are all making money being on the show but it’s 100% Maci pushing the BENTLEY IN THERAPY story line.  The probing questions to a hurting 10 year old is all her.

They could still make money and embarrass themselves on the show without Maci’s therapy thrust.  Cheyanne and Makenzie both make storylines out of literally nothing without the kids’ pain being the central story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

You and I aren't watching the same show...because I heard and saw someting totally different when it came to Larry's comment about Bentley/Ryan. Yeah, Ryan is a troubled addict but he's also the father to three kids. One of whom he has no relationship with and treats poorly. When I see him blaming everyone else for his issues which he has done since the beginning of this show, it really highlights how enabled and whiny he is. Man up asshole and get sober and do the work to be a better father. And everyone else related to him should stop being so codependent and set boundaries and stick to it. Enough.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I love that Amber complimented Gary and Kristina for their “support.”  When does she start to provide some support to anyone at all?  They are raising her daughter for her while she continues to cycle through one inappropriate, borderline dangerous man after another.  I thought Kristina’s comment about Gary sneaking out to see Amber in the middle of the night was . . . interesting.  I’ve never totally liked Kristina -that knowing little look she has all the time bothers me- but she has a point.  Still, the conversation at the end of the episode was very mature.  Amber knows that Leah is better off with her dad and it does take a certain amount of clarity to realize that. 

Bentley absolutely did not suggest counseling with his dad on his own.  He just didn’t.  Maci is driving this bus all the way.  Her constant comments like “I’ll be freaking stoked if your dad shows up” do not help.  Bentley looks terribly somber all the time and says maybe three words per episode.  I’m freshly enraged every time this monosyllabic preteen is forced to discuss his deeply personal, painful issues on my TV screen.  I’d love to know what kind of bullshit therapist he’s seeing who thinks it’s totally okay for Bentley‘s presence on this show to continue, much less for him to discuss their sessions on the show.  As for Rhine’s parents, my heart goes out to them.  They have enabled the hell out of their son (and to be honest, it’s becoming increasingly clear to me that I have zero room to talk), but they clearly care so much.  And nice hat, Rhine.  Ugh.

Mackenzie’s segments were basically an ad for whatever crap exercise program (oh, pardon me- her “career”) she’s pushing.  She’s moving to Florida, so bon voyage.  Yawn.  One high point: She said “boyses.”  Leah’s ears perked up!

Ditto for Brianna’s overgrown manchild of a baby daddy, heading off to do yet another reality show.  What a wonderful luxury to be able to jet off at the drop of a hat for 10 weeks to play.  Double yawn.

Catelynn, no one gives the slightest shit if you’re “following your passion” by learning how to microblade.  As for opening a microblading business, if you couldn’t even commit to a vet tech program, trust and believe that you damn sure won’t be able to withdraw your head out of your ass long enough to execute all of the tasks associated with that.  And that includes not only getting it off the ground, but keeping it going, which is arguably even harder.  Sorry, but my passion is refusing to play along with overgrown kids’ fantasies. 

After seeing this episode I am struck by how little these people have grown emotionally or intellectually. Amber is still sitting on the couch ensconced in a blankie whining about this and that and glomming on to Gary/Christina and still doesn't have job or any kind of pursuits at all except hooking up with weird men. Catelynn is still "searching" for her true "passion" and experimenting with another crazy hair color and cut. Tyler is still an angry, unfulfilled guy that likes to yell...off topic: why is the baby always in the high chair? We never see her crawling or walking or playing. It's like those two can't be bothered with interacting with her at all...especially Tyler. He has no interest in her whatsoever and seems irritated with her most of the time. Mackenzie still trying to figure out her relationship with her failed rodeo high school baby daddy...ugh...and Maci still dealing with the same issues since the show began in terms of trying to get Ryan to be actively present in his son's life. Cheyenne is still sort of new to this franchise but give her another year or two and I'm sure she'll still be stuck in a rut with this Zack guy and another baby. And so true about Corey...that's all this guy does is MTV reality shows. That must be why he's on this one so he can plug the hell out of his MTV gigs. 

• Love 8

I was mind-blown that Gary and Kristina wanted to have Amber move onto their property. WTF? Even if Amber weren't your baby mama/ex, you would never want her to move next door to you (essentially) and/or be her landlord. They know that she is crazy; that she has a volatile relationship with her (other) baby daddy that has resulted in the police being called more than once/her being put on probation (or whatever) for chasing him with a machete; that she has a history of physical abuse with her exes; that she doesn't have a real job or any plan to get one; that she attracts random fans/haters, as well as MTV and paparazzi cameras; etc., etc. Why would they want to bring all of that into their sweet, peaceful little farm life?

G&K, but especially Gary, are very codependent with Amber and seem to cling to "supporting her for Leah's sake" as an absolute principle, no matter how toxic a presence Amber is in Leah's/their lives. Amber flipped out when she saw them criticizing her very mildly on the last episode and blasted them on SM, going so far as to accuse Gary of sexual harassment/inappropriateness. I actually think there may be some truth to her accusations (though it's unclear when it allegedly happened), but her response was super out of proportion and ill-advised. Gary posted something about finding it hard to co-parent with her, so, hopefully, he and Kristina have learned their lesson and get that having Amber involved in their lives to the point of her living with them is a super bad idea. It's also super horrifying how they are teaching Leah (and even Emilee) that Amber's behavior-- the physical and emotional abuse, the neglect of her kids, the volatility, the sloth, the refusal to get real help for her various mental illnesses-- are all ok/someone else's fault and that the appropriate/kind way to deal with someone like her is to endlessly enable her, even at the expense of others, even children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I want to know what the conversation was that led Larry to give Bentley that whole speech about Ryan. It was really odd and Larry did come across as defiant, which is kind of a weird tone to take in a conversation that was supposedly with a kid. That whole family is strange. I’m sure Maci isn’t an easy person to deal with, but she’s not really the worst co-parent I’ve ever seen either. She’s annoying but that about it. There’s way worse out there. And it’s been 10 years since she and Ryan were together. If Ryan can’t figure out a way to deal with her that’s on him. He always has the option of going to court to try and get an official  custody agreement but he won’t because he’s never actually wanted to parent Bentley. When his marriage to Mac eventually breaks up he’ll probably lose interest in those kids too and Jen and Larry will have to come up with a whole new set of denial    stories to justify that.

Cait’s new career 😂😂😂.  I’m excited to see what excuse she uses to quit this one.

Mackenzie and Josh are a disaster. 

I think Garry is cheating on his wife. Not necessarily with Amber but she seems wary of something.

Cheyanne is fine. I find Corey annoying but he does seem really comfortable and bonded to Ryder. It’s nice to see that both Cheyanne and Corey seem like good parents and sort of reasonable people.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I want to know what the conversation was that led Larry to give Bentley that whole speech about Ryan. It was really odd and Larry did come across as defiant, which is kind of a weird tone to take in a conversation that was supposedly with a kid. That whole family is strange. I’m sure Maci isn’t an easy person to deal with, but she’s not really the worst co-parent I’ve ever seen either. She’s annoying but that about it. There’s way worse out there. And it’s been 10 years since she and Ryan were together. If Ryan can’t figure out a way to deal with her that’s on him. He always has the option of going to court to try and get an official  custody agreement but he won’t because he’s never actually wanted to parent Bentley. When his marriage to Mac eventually breaks up he’ll probably lose interest in those kids too and Jen and Larry will have to come up with a whole new set of denial    stories to justify that.

I posted this above - Larry say that he loves Bentley with all of his heart, he is his grandson, etc but then he awkwardly transitioned into saying that stuff about Ryan.  He wasn't saying that he said that TO BENTLEY!  He looked right at the producer or whatever while he was saying it.  

I don't think Jen and Larry are the best parents out there, but I feel for any parent dealing with a kid (an adult but still his kid) with addiction issues.  Ryan being a horrible asshole notwithstanding.  Larry was basically saying that he doesn't want to talk shit about his son on the show anymore.  It doesn't help the situation.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I wonder when, if ever, it's going to occur to Jen and Larry that it's the individuals responsibility to learn to manage their triggers, not the worlds responsibility to avoid triggering someone.  In fact I'm beginning to hate that word and feel like it's losing it's meaning.  Everything we don't like is a trigger now and once we cry 'trigger' then we're untouchable because we just caaaaan't.  Therefore, people don't learn how to cope with life, or it's intentionally used as a 'get out of responsibilities free' card. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, eskimo said:

I wonder when, if ever, it's going to occur to Jen and Larry that it's the individuals responsibility to learn to manage their triggers, not the worlds responsibility to avoid triggering someone.  In fact I'm beginning to hate that word and feel like it's losing it's meaning.  Everything we don't like is a trigger now and once we cry 'trigger' then we're untouchable because we just caaaaan't.  Therefore, people don't learn how to cope with life, or it's intentionally used as a 'get out of responsibilities free' card. 

Ryan's Triggered! narrative is especially ridiculous because he claims to be triggered by stuff like people pressuring him to parent his child. And the "pressure" that Jen and Larry put on him was basically, "Hey, Ryan, why don't you come over to our house (from the house that we're paying for for you) and take a couple of hours off from shooting heroin to throw a ball around with Bentley or whatever else you'd like to do? Mom will even do your laundry and give you a casserole to take home and Dad will give you a cash tip! Come on, Ry, what do you say!" Larry and Jen are hardly ball busters and, even if they were, it wouldn't be reasonable or helpful for Ryan to blame them for his drug use. I guess there are rehab programs that tell the addicts whatever they want to hear in order to make money off of them and keep them from leaving the program. It makes sense that Ryan would only be open to going to that kind of place. Jen and Larry should go to Al Anon and/or private therapy for themselves. They're deeply flawed individuals/parents, but it's clear that they're terrified that Ryan will die or sever all ties with them (though, who would pay his bills then?) and I'm sure it's horrible for them to live that way and feel like they have to take on so much to "save" Ryan and their grandkids.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Do any of you historians remember...did Kristina cheat on her husband with Gary?  I'm remembering some sort of cheating in their origin story.

Good memory ! Yes, I googled this and Kristina was legally married when they met, though its a little blurry as to when she separated from her hubs who is also father to Karly who is apparently close in age to Leah Leanne (remember that name ?)

I know, I need a hobby.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Ryan's Triggered! narrative is especially ridiculous because he claims to be triggered by stuff like people pressuring him to parent his child. And the "pressure" that Jen and Larry put on him was basically, "Hey, Ryan, why don't you come over to our house (from the house that we're paying for for you) and take a couple of hours off from shooting heroin to throw a ball around with Bentley or whatever else you'd like to do? Mom will even do your laundry and give you a casserole to take home and Dad will give you a cash tip! Come on, Ry, what do you say!" Larry and Jen are hardly ball busters and, even if they were, it wouldn't be reasonable or helpful for Ryan to blame them for his drug use. I guess there are rehab programs that tell the addicts whatever they want to hear in order to make money off of them and keep them from leaving the program. It makes sense that Ryan would only be open to going to that kind of place. Jen and Larry should go to Al Anon and/or private therapy for themselves. They're deeply flawed individuals/parents, but it's clear that they're terrified that Ryan will die or sever all ties with them (though, who would pay his bills then?) and I'm sure it's horrible for them to live that way and feel like they have to take on so much to "save" Ryan and their grandkids.

Larry did fly off the handle and started a little tough love with Ryan but Jen got mad and they both ended up kissing Ryan's a.. To get him to let them enable him again!!!

• Love 4

Gary does spend quite a bit of time at Ambers house.  Hummm.

Btw I watched some YouTube and it was explained there was a big incident at the ballpark where Maci approached Larry and Jen.  A big blowout.  I think that triggered the newest scene with Larry and Jen.

It might have been Without A Crystal Ball by Katie Joy.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

This is, unfortunately, a PERFECT characterization of Rhine's time "spent" with his son. 

• Love 4

Ryan seems to be “triggered” by anything he doesn’t want to do. Not to minimize triggers in general, but Ryan seems like he has glommed on to being triggered as an excuse to get out of, well, life. I think his parents would be well served by therapy or Al-Anon, which might help them curb all of their enabling behavior, which is hurting Ryan more than helping him at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 2/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, abracadabra said:

This is funny, because I was wondering the same about BOTH Macs. With Rhine's wife, she's always had interesting features, but I did notice her face looks thinner. Probably just losing pregnancy weight. I thought she looked pretty good. 

Other Mackenzie ... eek. What IS going on there? I used to think she was gorgeous. Now she's beginning to look like her sister, who looks like a 50 yr old man. Her features are looking harder and more masculine. I hope she's not using steroids or something?

I noticed that with this weeks episode when she was wearing glasses.  Really looked liked Whitney.