Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TB12 said:

. What she needs to do is get far away from the bubble that is DCC, her mother & the enablers. She has no clue what the real world is like & perhaps it would do her some good maybe she should go on a mission trip & serve someone beyond herself... 

Hopefully that is her plan.  

• Love 6

Brave, mature and unselfish sound like words someone used to describe her when she told them her decision, maybe her parents or the TPTB.  Sounds like she repeated someone's praise for her.  Just my take.  Hope she's OK.

• Useful 9
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I hope she doesn't have to go through the re auditioning process, but from what I've seen in the seasons they have to re audition.

She must go through the entire process for her own sake, if she comes back!  If she's selected just like that, it will be the entire nepotism thing again. Not fair to others but definitely not fair to Victoria either because it would rob her of a chance to start with a clean slate (or as clean a slate as possible) I'm sure some time away from the DCC and mommy dearest will do her good.

Edited by LilyD
grammatical error
  • Love 10

Others who were either cut, or quit for a year or two had to re-audition, and skipping right to the finals like the other vets would be glaringly obvious favoritism for VK, and would be totally unfair.   Unfortunately, my guess is 50/50 that she'll go right to finals in spite of what it will look like.   

• Love 8
On 6/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, aimeelou625 said:

DCC In trouble... hmm... Kristen, Alora, Jessica, who else?

I don't know about "trouble," but I'm thinking maybe a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine the queen blender:

Taylor J. v Madeline M. v Lisa v Jessica!

Guest Referee: Jessika returns! 

Commentator: Savannah!

Host: Tess!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, kalibean said:

I'm glad she let us know she was mature, brave and not at all selfish in her decision to take a break. I think she probably doesn’t realize how awkwardly worded that is and doesn’t realize it sounds like she’s patting herself on the back for being such a big girl. At least I hope so!  I think she’s a perfectly fine DCC in most respects but boy was that 😬😬😬😬😬 for me. 

To me, the words brave, mature, and not at all selfish indicate she's doing this for someone else.  Perhaps someone in her family is ill and she's taking a LOA to help with their recovery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hi everyone. This is my first time commenting but what do we think of Ashley being a traning camp candidate? 

Here is her instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ash_willll/

I believe she is or was a Miami Dolphins cheerleader. 

This is her bio page for the Dolphins 2020 team: https://www.miamidolphins.com/cheerleaders/roster/ashley

She follows the following training camp candidates: Tyra, Tori, Christina, Amanda, Kylie, Presley, Amber, Jensen, Madisyn, Bri, Kaydianna, Jordann, Megan, and Mel.

Training Camp candidates Madisyn and Kaydianna follow her. 

Current DCC Armani also follows her. 

Is this something or nothing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, katC said:

Hi everyone. This is my first time commenting but what do we think of Ashley being a traning camp candidate? 

This is her bio page for the Dolphins 2020 team: https://www.miamidolphins.com/cheerleaders/roster/ashley

She follows the following training camp candidates: Tyra, Tori, Christina, Amanda, Kylie, Presley, Amber, Jensen, Madisyn, Bri, Kaydianna, Jordann, Megan, and Mel.

Could be something cause she didn’t re audition for Mdc 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, katC said:

She's for sure on my maybe's list the only thing is that Marissa isn't currently following her not that that means anything. I'd love her to be a TCC though.

Here is my unconfirmed guess list

• Lea Tunnell (leatunnell)
    • Followed by the majority of TCCs plus at least Marissa and following several TCC/DCC
  • Darian Tisdale (itsdariandarling)
    • For sure auditioned, now following several DCC/TCC, followed by at least Marissa and Darian
    • She is less likely than the other two just based on TCC followers
  • Ashley (ash_willl)
    • everything mentioned in the comment above
    • Cailey, Alora-Rose, Amber L, and Kya commented on her latest post

I know it's an unlikely rumor but Elli and Marissa both followed Kelsey super recently lol 

Here is an updated chart that includes Kelee, Presley, Kya, and Rebecca:

522C2B07-D583-454D-A1F4-C8E5F22F0AB3_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c93e406e41e4f784d8f64e0ca84a8886.jpeg

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

She's for sure on my maybe's list the only thing is that Marissa isn't currently following her not that that means anything. I'd love her to be a TCC though.

• Followed by the majority of TCCs plus at least Marissa and following several TCC/DCC
    • For sure auditioned, now following several DCC/TCC, followed by at least Marissa and Darian
  • Ashley (ash_willl)

I know it's an unlikely rumor but Elli and Marissa both followed Kelsey super recently lol 

522C2B07-D583-454D-A1F4-C8E5F22F0AB3_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c93e406e41e4f784d8f64e0ca84a8886.jpeg

Have these latest 4 added to the picture been confirmed?

Just now, Kitkatkitty said:

only by lemonbus 🤷‍♀️ but they're usually right

Ahh right I think I missed that post so was wondering where they had came from.

It's a big TCC this year for sure. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

• Ashley (ash_willl)

GREAT CHART for great clarity and it got me worried.

I don't think that my sweet Madeline Salter stands a chance against these girls. There are just too many great dancers. At least 7 girls. Madeline can dance for sure but she isn't the powerhouse-core strength-dancer these girls are. And Madeline is pretty but there are at least 10 beauty pageant pretty girls in TCC!

The blender girls on the squad should worry as well. I like Kristin and I think she is really pretty but she was foolish enough to stand up against the misrepresentation of her solo. That could come back and haunt her.

The competition has never been so FIERCE!

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

• Ashley (ash_willl)

Darian lady has also been in jens classes 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So 27 Vets, 22 TCC, so 49 TCC?     To get down to 36 will take 13 cuts.   I wonder if after seeing everyone, that TPTB decided to get some new TCC that will replace the Vets that will result in some quick cuts after filming starts?    I wouldn't put it past TPTB to do that. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I really hate those "can you see my arm pit" poses. They're awful when used as the official DCC-cameo picture but even worse to look at when prospective TCCs use them in their application. I have seen a few now. And TCC Amanda posed like this. 

It seems that only the DCC is still fond of this old-fashioned pose. I've worked with quite a few professional photographers and no one would ever recommend this!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

• Ashley (ash_willl)

How do you know that Kya and Rebecca are in TC? Also, watching the videos on some of the TC IG, Cailey does not appear to be a strong dancer. Any thoughts?

Even if they have a couple of alternates, that's still 11 cuts, plus if any vets get cut, that's still more room for rookies.    I can easily see TPTB cutting a bunch of people the first couple of weeks, just for the drama. 

• Love 1

Personally, I would rule out anyone not followed by Marissa.  Marissa is the type of person in my opinion who would reach out to all the TCC. But I could be wrong  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Personally, I would rule out anyone not followed by Marissa.  Marissa is the type of person in my opinion who would reach out to all the TCC. But I could be wrong  

You are 100% right. Marissa is that type of person. And that's why I like her.

At first, based on the photo's, I was not overjoyed about Marissa, but after seeing her personality I can definitely say that she is like a puppy golden retriever. She was so excited to be present that first meeting in the hotel! She is also so excited to meet all the TCC's. She is excited!

• Lea Tunnel (leatunnell)
  • Ashley (ash_willl)

are probably the last TCC's (also mentioned by others as well).

Edited by Pau84
added
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Pau84 said:

You are 100% right. Marissa is that type of person. And that's why I like her.

At first, based on the photo's, I was not overjoyed about Marissa, but after seeing her personality I can definitely say that she is like a puppy golden retriever. She was so excited to be present that first meeting in the hotel! She is also so excited to meet all the TCC's. She is excited!

• Lea Tunnel (leatunnell)
  • Ashley (ash_willl)

are probably the last TCC's (also mentioned by others as well).

Marissa will probably always one of my favorite DCC.  I’m relatively new to DCC.  Started watching old episodes after 2019 ‘s new DCC had been announced.  Marissa was the very first candidate I knew had applied in real time because I happened to see FB post her mom made.  I thought she had a lot of energy and sass and had a good chance of making it and I was right 😊 

I’ve also interacted a few times with her and she’s always been a sweetheart.  

I think puppy golden retriever is a perfect way to describe her btw. 💙

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 6/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, kalibean said:

I’m glad she let us know she was mature, brave and not at all selfish in her decision to take a break. I think she probably doesn’t realize how awkwardly worded that is and doesn’t realize it sounds like she’s patting herself on the back for being such a big girl. At least I hope so!  I think she’s a perfectly fine DCC in most respects but boy was that 😬😬😬😬😬 for me. 

Yeah, I find her statement to be slightly obnoxious.  Even though she is not my fav I do hope whatever is going on is nothing too serious.  

• Love 9

I really hope Victoria is ok. It must be incredibly humbling to her to admit to herself she can’t to everything 100% and sometimes you have to sacrifice things you love in order to be better on the inside. Good for her for doing this at her young age instead of denying there’s a problem and it getting worse. Whatever that may be. I wish nothing but the best for her. I can’t imagine being in the spotlight and knowing a lot of people don’t like you whether or not it is self inflicted. She’s young. Young people make mistakes. I’m glad I wasn’t on a reality show when I was 20. 

• Love 14
On 6/4/2021 at 12:01 AM, EricaShadows said:

I expect that, even with 9 girls retiring, there will be more veterans cut, especially if Kelli has a girl crush on someone who won't make the team without cutting someone else.  Since Kelli won't want to cut other girls who might be on her favorites list, she'll cut someone on her sh*t-list.  Every year since Jalyn got cut from Show Group, I keep expecting Kelli to try to find a way/reason to cut her and the closest she came was when Jalyn was left off Show Group the next year.  Kelli was trying to either push her into a reaction or provoke one to cut jalyn and Jalyn wasn't having it.

I'm surprised Jalyn has stuck around as long as she has.  But more power to her 😊

Since the cheerleaders are only under yearly contracts; TPTB can pretty much get rid of a handful of veterans each year that they want based on the strength of the rookie class.  Obviously they don't tend to get rid of that many, but the opportunity is built into the program. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why do I get this weird feeling that this season will be worse than last season based on how many girls got accepted into TC? I am literally preparing for the worst. I like Jalyn a lot but Kelli doesn't...for some reason. I am just hoping and praying that she doesn't get cut along with some of my other favorites (Amanda, Kelcey, Claire, McKenzie, Elli, etc...) I should make a list of people I would and wouldn't mind getting cut from the team, I'll do it tomorrow though.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get this weird feeling that this season will be worse than last season based on how many girls got accepted into TC? I am literally preparing for the worst. I like Jalyn a lot but Kelli doesn't...for some reason. I am just hoping and praying that she doesn't get cut along with some of my other favorites (Amanda, Kelcey, Claire, McKenzie, Elli, etc...) I should make a list of people I would and wouldn't mind getting cut from the team, I'll do it tomorrow though.

I agree.  I’d rather not see a bloodbath of cuts like there is going to be with this many tcc.  

• Love 8

Recent photos of VK would determine if it was an overweight issue where she would not make Showgroup and is taking a pause to save face.  I guess I am the only one that thinks this is likely something self-serving.  If I am wrong, of course I hope things improve for her whatever the issue is.

• Love 8
On 6/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I am Team Madeline as well. I have always thought she was beautiful, her look gives me the vibes of the Abigail Klein times. Im here for it!

I just got the impression Kelli didn't like her.  Or even perhaps didn't like her mother.  I thought she was very mature and spoke very well and handled Kelli's combatant tactics quite well.  Kelli was singularly focused on taking VK in at the time at all costs and so she didn't have a chance.  If she worked on her power I think she would be a great addition to DCC.

• Love 10

Madeline S was not a favorite with the other judges. "Soft in her dancing" one of them said.   I do not believe that was all Kelli in fact I thought Kelli was how she made it to training camp.  Her group leader Amy believed Madeline S should have stayed another year in Oklahoma to mature in her dancing.   If your group leader is not supporting you, it is going to be a rough training camp.   I thought when Madeline S was cut her face slipped and you could tell she thought she had made it due to legacy status.   I believe she is pretty but I did not see her rock star dancing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I agree.  I’d rather not see a bloodbath of cuts like there is going to be with this many tcc.  

I think they take people into training camp for the sole reason to cut them.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

I think they take people into training camp for the sole reason to cut them.  

I think they take people they know will likely be cut. But I also think they do this in part because they are still stuck in the old model.

Remember in the good old days, training camp was designed to train. You had Jay training the physical fitness piece. You had Judy teaching them how to do leaps and turns. You had Kelli interviewing them with pop- quizzes and then of course manners training - lol.

Though a lot of girls had dance experience,  there were always several that didn't. Some of those were Kelli pets. Some were brought in just to cut. But some were actually trained to be a DCC through this experience.

Now, with online auditions especially, they are reaching a much wider talent pool. So they don't have to take in ANY girls who aren't already trained. Training camp really doesn't need to be as long as it is. So either Kelli is clinging to the idea of "training girls and molding a DCC" or the whole thing is now just for show (take girls in that are easy cuts).

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

So either Kelli is clinging to the idea of "training girls and molding a DCC" or the whole thing is now just for show (take girls in that are easy cuts).

My guess is that it's all for the show.    Before the show, very few extras went to training camp, once the show was filming, they started taking a lot more, for the cuts.   I think the first week or two of the training camp /filming will be a bunch of cuts.     I suspect that some vets will go too.     It's all to get the numbers up from viewers.  

I would not be surprised to see the first week or two of training camp used to humiliate, and cut the people that Kelli doesn't like, and has been nasty to for a couple of years.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that it's all for the show.    Before the show, very few extras went to training camp, once the show was filming, they started taking a lot more, for the cuts.   I think the first week or two of the training camp /filming will be a bunch of cuts.     I suspect that some vets will go too.     It's all to get the numbers up from viewers.  

Agreed, I think this very high number of dancers for training camp is def for show. I would not be surprised if several vets were cut. They could cut the new vets from last year and I wouldn't even know who they were. Sadly, I think longer tenured vets are more on the block...

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Madeline S was not a favorite with the other judges. "Soft in her dancing" one of them said.   I do not believe that was all Kelli in fact I thought Kelli was how she made it to training camp.  Her group leader Amy believed Madeline S should have stayed another year in Oklahoma to mature in her dancing.   If your group leader is not supporting you, it is going to be a rough training camp.   I thought when Madeline S was cut her face slipped and you could tell she thought she had made it due to legacy status.   I believe she is pretty but I did not see her rock star dancing.  

Didn't seem to hurt Lisa her rookie year, lol. If I remember correctly, it was noticed that none of the group leaders gave her a "top 36" sticker. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Meleighsa said:

Didn't seem to hurt Lisa her rookie year, lol. If I remember correctly, it was noticed that none of the group leaders gave her a "top 36" sticker. 

Sticker thing was all for show 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Recent photos of VK would determine if it was an overweight issue where she would not make Showgroup and is taking a pause to save face.  I guess I am the only one that thinks this is likely something self-serving.  If I am wrong, of course I hope things improve for her whatever the issue is.

I’m with you.  I can’t shake the memory of VK lying about the doctor’s appt Jinelle set up for her during her first training camp.  Though it’s been a few years, I’m not convinced she wouldn’t lie or spin a story now if it suited her.  Basically, I’m not gonna speculate as to why she left the team this year based on anything she says.  If our insiders want to spill the tea, I’m here for it, but otherwise I’m pretty “meh” about VK at this point.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Just bc they will be filming for the show there is no guarantee the show will be picked up for another season 

By when do they decide? And what metrics does CMT use to decide I wonder. Am sure they use past ratings et cetera but I wonder if they ever look at social media traffic and forum activity to gauge interest. Is it possible that the retirement announcements and mysterious VK "leave" announcement were timed and released to boost chatter?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Just bc they will be filming for the show there is no guarantee the show will be picked up for another season 

Yeah, I wonder what's going to happen, I haven't heard anything official about a new season.

Just now, Tuxcat said:

Is it possible that the retirement announcements and mysterious VK "leave" announcement were timed and released to boost chatter?

Anything is possible with this organization 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Is it possible that the retirement announcements and mysterious VK "leave" announcement were timed and released to boost chatter?

A redneck saying--"does a wild bear poo-poo in the woods?"

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I would not be surprised to see the first week or two of training camp used to humiliate, and cut the people that Kelli doesn't like, and has been nasty to for a couple of years.     

I think they also bring in a much larger group of TCCs because they haven’t seen them in person... it gives them extra cushion incase several of the girls aren’t as good as they appear in their video submission.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

Lauren Brummett finally accepted my follow request! She just posted that she's moving to Dallas and wished Anna Kate (Sundvold, Caroline's sister) a happy birthday and said "can't wait to take on Texas with you." So either she's def going to TC, or... she's going to grad school at TCU? Idk, this sounds like pretty convincing proof to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Lauren Brummett finally accepted my follow request! She just posted that she's moving to Dallas and wished Anna Kate (Sundvold, Caroline's sister) a happy birthday and said "can't wait to take on Texas with you." So either she's def going to TC, or... she's going to grad school at TCU? Idk, this sounds like pretty convincing proof to me. 

Is she following any of the ladies we know that are going 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, PepperM said:

Lauren posted weeks before the TCC's were known that she was moving to Dallas. Also, The Marissa is not following her.

Marissa follows all the girls in TCC. And Reese Witherspoon.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1