Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

At this rate we're going to have 27 vets and 27 new girls.

Eenie meanie miney moe this year?

I expect that, even with 9 girls retiring, there will be more veterans cut, especially if Kelli has a girl crush on someone who won't make the team without cutting someone else.  Since Kelli won't want to cut other girls who might be on her favorites list, she'll cut someone on her sh*t-list.  Every year since Jalyn got cut from Show Group, I keep expecting Kelli to try to find a way/reason to cut her and the closest she came was when Jalyn was left off Show Group the next year.  Kelli was trying to either push her into a reaction or provoke one to cut jalyn and Jalyn wasn't having it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lona said:

Blenders, say your prayers!!!

Poor girls. Kelli is definitely going to make room for these rookies. These TCC's are either really great dancers or look like Disney princesses. Some are both!

Look at this toe. Completely extended.

2004079865_Screenshot2021-06-04at08_22_35.thumb.png.700d607cac60682b36efdde0619ed3f1.png

Core power and flexibility is standard.

Some blender girls have had it easy in the past. There were too many obstacles to try out for DCC. Now the floodgates of quality are open, we can expect Mckenize Sherman or Dani McGinnis type of candidates every year and lots of them.

Eventhough I will miss seeing Kelli step/jumpslide (due to dress) out of a SUV for auditions, and have 'the lady' open the gate to let the girls carrying 6 feet mirrors in the stadium, I think in the end we will get more quality with this zero investment type of auditions. Thinking about it, I will definitely miss the whole stadium audition circus. With the former DCC helping out, the 'huff and puff' corner, the social media pictures from any angle. Change is constant they say, so I'd better get used to it.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Can you make a living doing these classes?   I guess I mean is this her full time job.

I think she charges like $20 a class per person so she's probably making pretty good money off of them. I know she also sells videos on the choreography online. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

DCC In trouble... hmm... Kristen, Alora, Jessica, who else?

Kat. Only because she's been on the struggle bus two seasons in a row. Jessica has surprised me these last few months. She's been killing it in Jen's prep class. I actually think she will be fine. I'm more interested in finding out which rookie will be Ms."I've always been a slow learner with choreography 😩" or Ms." Her kicks are low"  OR the classic Mrs. " Her stamina might be a concern" lol we allll know it's coming. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

There may also be some more weight-related cuts this year. They might add that on to Kristin, she's looked a touch soft in the past. I'd be shocked if they let a group leader go, but Lexie was also looking a bit heavier than normal in that recent show group clip, so that's a potentially dramatic storyline, even if they don't end up cutting her. I haven't watched recent prep class videos, is there anyone else looking a little soft that could get cut?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

There may also be some more weight-related cuts this year. They might add that on to Kristin, she's looked a touch soft in the past. I'd be shocked if they let a group leader go, but Lexie was also looking a bit heavier than normal in that recent show group clip, so that's a potentially dramatic storyline, even if they don't end up cutting her. I haven't watched recent prep class videos, is there anyone else looking a little soft that could get cut?

I thought Kat and Armani both looked a little soft in pics from the banquet,  but recent videos of Armani make me think it was her dress that made her look a bit out of shape.

(edited)
12 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

For veterans I think Taylor will be outdanced. But they will keep her, because they always do.

Also, I think Lisa. She has turned into a female body builder. I wonder if that is her next trajectory after she leaves DCC. Body building competitions! She doesn't have that DCC flair, so in a sense that makes her weaker. I liked her her rookie season, but she seems a bit of an outsider amongst the group. 

Unfortunately Kat and Kristin have been highlighted in the past as weaker. I hate that, I like both of them, and want them to be better and to stay around.

Then there may be a surprise veteran, like Hannah last season. No viewer saw that coming, but the more I think about it, I think a few DCC maybe didn't like her. That "mean girl" stuff again. 

As far as the rookies, I posted on here in the past I thought Dani and Ellie were safe. Now I am not so sure any of them are safe! The competition seems crazy this year. Jada has been prepping a ton, but her long limbs will always make her stand out from the group. I think Alora Rose is a serious dancer and can handle this competition despite them using emotional footage last season (how else do you survive NYC auditions?), but whether or not K&J still like her, I don't know? The producers can easily spin her any way they choose too and the viewers will likely buy it.

I wonder if they will really stick to 36 this season or go a bit higher.

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I thought Kat and Armani both looked a little soft in pics from the banquet,  but recent videos of Armani make me think it was her dress that made her look a bit out of shape.

I personally think all the girls look fine as far as shape. I also think based on who they took last year and this year to TC they have moved on from the super thin body to a more realistic, womanly, but still fit and healthy looking image. I think there are TCC this year bigger than any vet who would be on weight watch 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, klh25 said:

She's blonde and not diverse enough, are we allowed to like her?  

Considering a good amount of them are blonde, do we have a choice? 😂

• LOL 16
7 minutes ago, klh25 said:

She's blonde and not diverse enough, are we allowed to like her?  

You mean like Jessica, Dani, McKenzie, Marissa, Victoria, Lexie, Amanda, Erin, and Gina?

Certainly being blonde has never been a hinderance to making the team or having fans.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

You mean like Jessica, Dani, McKenzie, Marissa, Victoria, Lexie, Amanda, Erin, and Gina?

Certainly being blonde has never been a hinderance to making the team or having fans.

Just commenting because of all the Blonde hate on this thread and continued mention of lack of diversity.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Where did the whole Kelsey Lowrence rumour come from?! And if it’s true, are we sure she didn’t make it? I feel like it would make a great storyline so I’m surprised Kelly wouldn’t have let her through and then cut her just for the coverage on the show? 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

Where did the whole Kelsey Lowrence rumour come from?! And if it’s true, are we sure she didn’t make it? I feel like it would make a great storyline so I’m surprised Kelly wouldn’t have let her through and then cut her just for the coverage on the show? 

I think because she was seen taking some prep classes. People speculated that she might try to try out again. But it could be she was just taking them for fun, or to keep dancing and stuff. No one knows at the moment. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, EricaShadows said:

I think it's still in limbo as I haven't seen it either confirmed or debunked.

Goodness sakes...if she does retire, what earth-shaking event has happened to drive that decision??  Pregnant?  I’m awful, I know!

Edited by MssdDrms
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think because she was seen taking some prep classes. People speculated that she might try to try out again. But it could be she was just taking them for fun, or to keep dancing and stuff. No one knows at the moment. 

I really feel like Kelsey is off somewhere tee-heeing about this rumor.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Right? Kelsey got a whole retirement send off feature in either season 13 or a behind the scenes moment posted on social media (I can't remember which). They definitely do not treat all retirees that way.

Interestingly enough, I found this tidbit on wikifandom:

"During Season 13, she (along with Chantel and Elizabeth) does not perform at the NFL draft with the other retiring veterans, nor is she really acknowledged as a retiree."

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Kelsey_(S11_Rookie)#Misc.

This is obviously wrong, because I know I did not hallucinate her retirement interview..... 

17 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Right? Kelsey got a whole retirement send off feature in either season 13 or a behind the scenes moment posted on social media (I can't remember which). They definitely do not treat all retirees that way.

Interestingly enough, I found this tidbit on wikifandom:

"During Season 13, she (along with Chantel and Elizabeth) does not perform at the NFL draft with the other retiring veterans, nor is she really acknowledged as a retiree."

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Kelsey_(S11_Rookie)#Misc.

This is obviously wrong, because I know I did not hallucinate her retirement interview..... 

She may have had a retirement feature at some point, maybe it was on social media. But yeah I remember she wasn't featured on the show as a retiring vet that year. They may have shown, or mentioned her, but she had already left when they had the other girls doing something on the show. Hope that makes sense lol

41 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I initially brought it up because I'd seen her at Jenn's classes a few times. And Jenn's classes are audition prep classes. I know some people just go for fun but there are other dance classes to go to if you just want to dance. Isn't she close go Stephanie DeBias? Wouldn't she go to her classes if she was just dancing for fun? Or has Jenn's classes become the new place to be now that Michelle Keyes has left Dallas? 

Just me speculating! Not trying to start rumours haha 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

If she did, I have no doubt it will be on the show, talking about 50-yard Kelsey trying to relive her glory years, bless her heart...

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, SunnyK said:

Victoria just confirmed.

3BEDD607-9A3F-44F6-B819-17866BCE83DF.jpeg

Glad for the clarification and even though not my fav hope everything is OK with her. Sounds like they are letting her take the year off rather than actually leaving so maybe will come back as a 3rd year next year rather than needing to be a rookie again.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She may have had a retirement feature at some point, maybe it was on social media. But yeah I remember she wasn't featured on the show as a retiring vet that year. They may have shown, or mentioned her, but she had already left when they had the other girls doing something on the show. Hope that makes sense lol

I think I found what I was talking about
https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/kelsey-retirement-thank-you

Edited by StellaCL
hit return too soon
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’m glad she let us know she was mature, brave and not at all selfish in her decision to take a break. I think she probably doesn’t realize how awkwardly worded that is and doesn’t realize it sounds like she’s patting herself on the back for being such a big girl. At least I hope so!  I think she’s a perfectly fine DCC in most respects but boy was that 😬😬😬😬😬 for me. 

Yes!  I thought the same thing!   The most cringe-worthy thing I have read in a long time!  😬😬😬😬

• Love 17
(edited)

I'm not a Victoria fan, but I'm thinking, IF it's a weight issue, that it's either 1 she gained weight, it has affected her mental health, and wants to take time of to focus on her without the stress of DCC's weight standards; or 2 she may have lost control and lost too much causing her to develop an ED and is using this time to go into an impatient or outpatient program for recovery. As someone who has been struggling with anorexia for years, I know how difficult taking that step is and her comment about it being a brave and unselfish decision would make sense. IF this is what caused her to step down, I will back her decision 100%. 

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm not a Victoria fan, but I'm thinking, IF it's a weight issue, that it's either 1 she gained weight, it has affected her mental health, and wants to take time of to focus on her without the stress of DCC's weight standards; or 2 she may have lost control and lost too much causing her to develop an ED and is using this time to go into an impatient or outpatient program for recovery. As someone who has been struggling with anorexia for years, I know how difficult taking that step is and her comment about it being a brave and unselfish decision would make sense. IF this is what caused her to step down, I will back her decision 100%. 

You are completely right. The use of the words brave and unselfish make sense while used in this context. I do not need an insider to understand what this post of Victoria was all about.

• Love 5

I don't think VK's statement is from her own thoughts. It sounds a bit like the wording of a press release. When we are going through a hard time, most of us do indeed "have no words". I think she was given some ideas of what she could say and she put them verbatim in her post.

The adjectives chosen (mature, brave, unselfish) could be aimed at a number of things from substance abuse, an eating disorder, to perhaps being pregnant and deciding to have the baby and not take the other option just to stay on the field. I would say a mental health issue, but dear "Aunt Kelli" seems to have little empathy for that judging by the way she dealt with Hannah. 

Whatever the issue is, I do realize that it is none of my business, despite my curiosity and speculations. While not a fan of hers, I certainly do wish her all the best. 

• Love 11

I've just seen on instagram victoria is taking a break from dcc. She is one of my favourites. I really hope she re auditions. I thought maybe one day she could be the point of the triangle. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I really hope it's not fingers crossed she will be ok

8 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Glad for the clarification and even though not my fav hope everything is OK with her. Sounds like they are letting her take the year off rather than actually leaving so maybe will come back as a 3rd year next year rather than needing to be a rookie again.

I hope she doesn't have to go through the re auditioning process, but from what I've seen in the seasons they have to re audition.

Victoria posted about auditioning on the 20th of April on Instagram, so it sounds like taking leave may have been a more recent decision.

I am indifferent to Victoria, neither a fan or disliking of her, but she is the last person I’d expect to not re-audition, so something pretty serious must be up. Regardless of what you think of Victoria, having to give up what you love is tough and I do hope to see her back next season as I’m sure it would heartbreaking if something she is so passionate about was cut short due to her personal issues, and I don’t wish that for anyone. I really hope she’s okay and getting the help she needs. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Absolutely, she has a great sense of humor and will probably think this is funny.

Besides, MTT has made her look like a complete fool before, so why even run the risk of giving them another chance to completely humiliate yourself on national tv? I also see nothing strange about her attending Jenn's classes. They did cheer together and may have bonded then. She also teaches the DCC-style Kelsey likes. So probably just for fun.

Lastly, isn't Kelsey almost 30? That's pretty old for a TCC! (Though I wish I was still that age...)

• Love 6
On 6/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok then I'm going to make some more wild guesses lol

Rebecca Troyak (rebeccatroyak)

• Was on season 15 of SYTYCD (Kelli would die)
  • Followed by a few DCC including Marissa very recently 
  • Tori and Erin commented on her latest post

Kya Shae (kyashaebuttah)

• Might still be on the Utah Jazz Dancers so maybe not
  • Followed recently by at least Tori, Amber, Marissa, and Armani
  • So pretty would love her on the team

So you may be interested to know that Kya Shae is now followed by ALL the tcc , both confirmed by themselves and those that make me crazy and just hint at it. Lol! Be funny if they were just messing with us.  But when you first posted your guess it was only a few of them.  
Also Bret is following.  Any chance she auditioned again? I just loved her. Lemonbus? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, corrieb90 said:

I really hope it's not fingers crossed she will be ok

I hope she doesn't have to go through the re auditioning process, but from what I've seen in the seasons they have to re audition.

I know this sounds mean, but I hope she does.  Any other candidate would have to.  She’s not my fav, but I really hope and pray she’s OK and resolves what has caused her to make this decision.

• Love 14