Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Here's her interview: https://variety.com/2022/film/features/olivia-wilde-harry-styles-sex-scenes-dont-worry-darling-1235347929/

I don't know about "still complaining" (was she "complaining" before?); but she is promoting her directing debut, so interviewers are asking about it (even though it has nothing to do with the film). She expressed how she felt about the incident; and the media are going with the most clickbait-y sound bites, but most of the interview is about other stuff.

Edited by Trini
gah - dropped word
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Back to celebrities, can anyone explain why Olivia Wilde is still complaining about being served publicly, or did she just do the one interview and it’s still making headlines?

She’s only talked about it in the recent Variety interview. The stories a couple of weeks ago were based on her court filings which were published by tabloids. (Which she won)

26 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

The only reason the public knows about it is because she opened the envelope onstage.

How could she have prevented it when she didn’t know what they were? The person who decided to serve her while on stage is the only one responsible for it becoming public knowledge. 

Poor Maria Shriver.    Her forehead is jacked up, her mouth is very crooked, something is seriously wrong, and I don't think it's lack of makeup.  I agree, I suspect photoshopping by some sleazy paper (NY Post in this case). 

Those photos look photoshopped to me. There's something weird about the wrinkles on her forehead & the sides of her face. 

I didn't comment earlier because I was worried she had an undisclosed illness. I hope it's just bad photoshop.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dani said:
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

The only reason the public knows about it is because she opened the envelope onstage.

How could she have prevented it when she didn’t know what they were? The person who decided to serve her while on stage is the only one responsible for it becoming public knowledge. 

I misspoke; the only reason we know is that someone leaked what she received onstage.  I wonder who did so.

Process servers wouldn’t pick that public a place as their first attempt.  Just saying . . .

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I misspoke; the only reason we know is that someone leaked what she received onstage.  I wonder who did so.

Process servers wouldn’t pick that public a place as their first attempt.  Just saying . . .

I don’t think it’s in any way her fault.

Edited by Cinnabon
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Based on court filings it was the second choice. It doesn’t sound like she was dodging. If she was I can’t imagine him not putting the blame on her when defending himself. 

“I did not want service to take place at the home of Olivia’s current partner because Otis and Daisy might be present,” Jason wrote in his documents, seemingly referencing Harry Styles. “I did not want service to take place at the children’s school because parents might be present.”

Jason added that the process server was unable to serve Olivia with the papers at the intended location, so made other plans due to a series of errors..

Hmm.  I don't know why it'd matter if  his children were present at Harry's house.   The door rings.  A person answers it and gets papers handed to them. 

And it doesn't become a big media story. Surely even the school, with parents present is a better second option than on stage with cameras present.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GaT said:

Those photos look photoshopped to me. There's something weird about the wrinkles on [Maria Shriver's] forehead & the sides of her face. Other than that, she looks like someone who didn't bother to put on makeup & pulled her hair back when it's normally down. 

In the one photo I looked at, she also appears to be scratching her temple.  That would seem to make some changes to the normal placement of skin on anyone's face, regardless of age, gender, or celebrity.  And skin loses elasticity with age, which would likely amplify the visibility of any movement caused by scratching.  (I am not a dermatologist, so I could be very wrong about all this.  This is based mainly on self-observation.)

• Love 3

It becomes a story because someone leaked what she received and she is now talking about it in dramatic language.  Then again, I thought it was weird that in the middle of a big presentation she made a big deal of opening the envelope while wondering aloud what it was.  Why didn’t she leave it for a staff member to pick it up later?  The whole thing seems off to me.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Dani said:

Based on court filings it was the second choice. It doesn’t sound like she was dodging. If she was I can’t imagine him not putting the blame on her when defending himself. 

I'm good with him not having her served at home or school.    Kids see stuff, they ask questions.   Some parents (and it looks like Wilde might be one since she OPENED THE ENVELOPE ON STAGE THEN ANNOUNCED WHAT IT WAS) might not have a filter.  Also at the school with other parents around, the OTHER kids might ask questions which will be akward for the kids.   Sometimes you gotta think about more than yourself when getting service.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

It becomes a story because someone leaked what she received and she is now talking about it in dramatic language.  Then again, I thought it was weird that in the middle of a big presentation she made a big deal of opening the envelope while wondering aloud what it was.  Why didn’t she leave it for a staff member to pick it up later?  The whole thing seems off to me.

I get the impression that Olivia was and still is doing damage control here.  From an outsiders perspective, it looks like Olivia cheated on Jason with Harry.  None of us know the state of her marriage with Jason before she and Harry hooked up.  Their marriage may have been over before anything happened.  We all know people who's marriages were over long before anyone filed for divorce. I'm not saying she cheated, but it looks like she did to the crowd who believe any woman who has a sexual relationship with a man who is not her husband while still being legally married is cheating.  So it looks like Jason is the wronged party in their relationship even if that is not accurate.  I don't think she was blindsided by the process server and she made the choice to announce what was in the envelope to the crowd as a way to make Jason look bad.  When the story first broke, people were critical of Jason.  They thought he had somehow planned to publicly humiliate Olivia from another continent.  I do think Olivia planned this just a bit.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'm good with him not having her served at home or school.    Kids see stuff, they ask questions.   Some parents (and it looks like Wilde might be one since she OPENED THE ENVELOPE ON STAGE THEN ANNOUNCED WHAT IT WAS) might not have a filter.  Also at the school with other parents around, the OTHER kids might ask questions which will be akward for the kids.   Sometimes you gotta think about more than yourself when getting service.

True.  Also, sometimes serving is more challenging that you might think. People don’t have to come to the door or let you into their gate. They can refuse to pick up certified mail, hide behind a security team, feign unavailability, etc.  Still, once it’s with the process server, I’d think they take responsibility of how they get it done, assuming it’s legal.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Crs97 said:

It becomes a story because someone leaked what she received and she is now talking about it in dramatic language.

LOL.  Yeah I read her comments about it and she really was using very inflammatory and dramatic language.  It really does feel like damage control.  I wonder when this interview took place?  Most people have moved on from that incident.  It was a nine days wonder and there are other celebrity scandals that have popped up since then.

I don't have an issue with her wanting to let us know how she felt about being served publicly.  But I do side eye her spin about how having it done publicly is hurtful to her kids and they'll hear about it and know about it.  And yet her talking about it even more doesn't?  She's just adding to the fire.

• Like 4
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Then again, I thought it was weird that in the middle of a big presentation she made a big deal of opening the envelope while wondering aloud what it was.  Why didn’t she leave it for a staff member to pick it up later?  The whole thing seems off to me.

At a con the only people approaching the stage are supposed to be ones authorized to do so. That someone was able to was a security breakdown that resulted in the organizer investigated how it could have happen. If it was almost anything else no one would have had an issue with her opening it. 

4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Some parents (and it looks like Wilde might be one since she OPENED THE ENVELOPE ON STAGE THEN ANNOUNCED WHAT IT WAS) might not have a filter.

That’s not what happened. She saw the envelope put on stage. Said, “This for me? Right now? This is very mysterious. I’m gonna open it now. Oh, Ok. Thank you.” Then she moved on with the presentation. 

3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

LOL.  Yeah I read her comments about it and she really was using very inflammatory and dramatic language.  It really does feel like damage control.  I wonder when this interview took place?  Most people have moved on from that incident.  It was a nine days wonder and there are other celebrity scandals that have popped up since then.

I don't have an issue with her wanting to let us know how she felt about being served publicly.  But I do side eye her spin about how having it done publicly is hurtful to her kids and they'll hear about it and know about it.  And yet her talking about it even more doesn't?  She's just adding to the fire.

Yeah. The language she is using is way over the top. Her framing it as hurtful to the kids is ridiculous. 

Anyway, I am way more curious about what is going one between her and Florence Pugh. There are all kinds of rumors Florence can’t stand Olivia because she is not promoting the movie on social media despite being the lead. When asked about the movie she is talking about everything other than Olivia. 

The Florence Pugh angle is very interesting as well.  The movie isn't my cup of tea, though the trailer seems well done.  I just don't do scary.  I see that Shia is now speaking out that he wasn't fired, but quit the film due to lack of rehearsal time.  He says he has some sort of video as proof and is asking her to retract her statement.  Considering his issues, who knows.  All the hubbub around the film and its stars -  I can't tell if it is helping or hurting.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

It might be helping? From the articles  re: WB/Discovery merger and their financial mess,  I think her movie and The Rock's Black Adam  are the only WB  theatrical releases for this year, the rest have been put on the shelf.

• Useful 2
17 minutes ago, Dani said:

Anyway, I am way more curious about what is going one between her and Florence Pugh. There are all kinds of rumors Florence can’t stand Olivia because she is not promoting the movie on social media despite being the lead. When asked about the movie she is talking about everything other than Olivia

Oooh, me too!  I have zero intetest in the movie itself, but the tea behind the scenes is brewing and feels like it could be piping hot.

I have hear rumors ( again... no idea how true...) that there was no intimacy coordinator on set?  And of course Olivia is REALLY talking up and super selling the sex in this movie.  Another thing that Florence has tried to downplay.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm not saying she cheated, but it looks like she did to the crowd who believe any woman who has a sexual relationship with a man who is not her husband while still being legally married is cheating. 

I don't know if Olivia cheated.  I don't know if Jason cheated.  I do think Jason wants us to think she cheated or "blame" her decision to stay with Harry.

But Olivia and Jason have never legally been married.  They were engaged for a long time but not married. They officially broke up at some point in 2020 but only made it public later in the year. 

Olivia is seen as cheating because there has been a crafted narrative to imply she cheated.  That narrative leaves out some facts, though.   Jason and Olivia announced their split but were still seen as cozy.  Then she went public with Harry Styles and "anonymous sources" blamed her relationship with Harry as the reason for the split.  Knowing they had worked together on a movie seems to "support" that careful "anonymously" placed bit of information.  However. something that didn't make as much news is Jason also went public around the same time with an actress he had worked with on Ted Lasso.  Almost the same situation as Olivia but without "anonymous sources" planting rumors. 

After Olivia/Harry went public, Jason then went on a "pity me" tour even while he was dating Keeley Hazell.

I don't know why they broke up.  Maybe they both cheated.  Maybe they decided to "take a break."  They were still pretty cozy after the split was announced.  I suspect Jason thought they'd get back together.  I think Olivia felt she was done. I think he then got mad at her when she showed no indications that she was coming back and wanted to make sure the public blamed her too.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

Oooh, me too!  I have zero intetest in the movie itself, but the tea behind the scenes is brewing and feels like it could be piping hot.

I have hear rumors ( again... no idea how true...) that there was no intimacy coordinator on set?  And of course Olivia is REALLY talking up and super selling the sex in this movie.  Another thing that Florence has tried to downplay.

I want Florence to spill all. the. tea.  I really cannot imagine filming a movie where my main co-star and the director are in lust.  From what I have read, it sounds like the set was interesting to say the least with Olivia making eyes at Harry.  I wonder how that played with the rest of the cast and crew.  If Florence doesn't spill it, maybe Gemma or Chris Pine will.  

• Like 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Hmm.  I don't know why it'd matter if  his children were present at Harry's house.   The door rings.  A person answers it and gets papers handed to them. 

And it doesn't become a big media story. Surely even the school, with parents present is a better second option than on stage with cameras present.

Exactly - the kids would have no idea about the contents of the papers. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And look at the ridicule she’s getting for it. When was the last time you saw comments about an older man’s eyebrows?

I fail to see how an observation that someone looks different with different eyebrows is ridicule. I said:

19 hours ago, janie jones said:

I think the only thing that makes her "unrecognizable" is that her eyebrows aren't penciled in. Eyebrows can really change your face.

and another person noted the same. This was all that was said about Maria Shriver's eyebrows and no value judgements were made about her re: penciling/not penciling them in. If Eugene Levy plucked the shit out of his eyebrows or Whoopi Goldberg decided to grow hers out, they'd be "unrecognizable," too.

Edited by janie jones
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I fail to see how an observation that someone looks different with different eyebrows is ridicule. I said:

and another person noted the same. This was all that was said about Maria Shriver's eyebrows and no value judgements were made about her re: penciling/not penciling them in. If Eugene Levy plucked the shit out of his eyebrows or Whoopi Goldberg decided to grow hers out, they'd be "unrecognizable," too.

Your comments may not have been meant to ridicule, but many others on SM were. And I don’t think Maria plucked her eyebrows out; she simply left the house with her natural brows.

Edited by Cinnabon
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if Olivia cheated.  I don't know if Jason cheated.  I do think Jason wants us to think she cheated or "blame" her decision to stay with Harry.

But Olivia and Jason have never legally been married.  They were engaged for a long time but not married. They officially broke up at some point in 2020 but only made it public later in the year. 

Olivia is seen as cheating because there has been a crafted narrative to imply she cheated.  That narrative leaves out some facts, though.   Jason and Olivia announced their split but were still seen as cozy.  Then she went public with Harry Styles and "anonymous sources" blamed her relationship with Harry as the reason for the split.  Knowing they had worked together on a movie seems to "support" that careful "anonymously" placed bit of information.  However. something that didn't make as much news is Jason also went public around the same time with an actress he had worked with on Ted Lasso.  Almost the same situation as Olivia but without "anonymous sources" planting rumors. 

After Olivia/Harry went public, Jason then went on a "pity me" tour even while he was dating Keeley Hazell.

I don't know why they broke up.  Maybe they both cheated.  Maybe they decided to "take a break."  They were still pretty cozy after the split was announced.  I suspect Jason thought they'd get back together.  I think Olivia felt she was done. I think he then got mad at her when she showed no indications that she was coming back and wanted to make sure the public blamed her too.

I really don't see Jason and his team crafting a narrative here.  Let's face it, she's shacking up with one of the most recognizable pop stars on the planet.  His fans are going to look for anything to tear Olivia down for daring to be with Harry. Any woman who's dating Harry Styles is going to face this kind of backlash.  Then you factor in Olivia's age and it's a perfect storm for celebrity gossip bitchiness and toxic stans.  No doubt Jason is benefitting from this, but I can't see him as the instigator.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really don't see Jason and his team crafting a narrative here.  Let's face it, she's shacking up with one of the most recognizable pop stars on the planet.  His fans are going to look for anything to tear Olivia down for daring to be with Harry. Any woman who's dating Harry Styles is going to face this kind of backlash.  Then you factor in Olivia's age and it's a perfect storm for celebrity gossip bitchiness and toxic stans.  No doubt Jason is benefitting from this, but I can't see him as the instigator.  

I agree with this.  Olivia being with Harry Styles is a very high profile relationship.  People who didn't know her before now know her.  I understand her wanting to keep her kids out of all this but she is involved with someone who is going to get a lot of press so therefore by her being  his significant other she is going to get a lot of attention.  All I can say is  I hope the kids parents can be civil to one another.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No doubt Jason is benefitting from this, but I can't see him as the instigator.  

I didn't either at first but I think my last straw was his claim that he had no knowledge that she'd be served right after it happened but in the court documents he said it was the second choice.  So he must have known it was a very real possibility after poo pooing home and school but kept something more public as an option.  The anon sources were definitely crafted in his favor.  That's why I think it's coming from his people.

Not that I that I think Olivia is some innocent.

6 hours ago, Dani said:

Anyway, I am way more curious about what is going one between her and Florence Pugh. There are all kinds of rumors Florence can’t stand Olivia because she is not promoting the movie on social media despite being the lead. When asked about the movie she is talking about everything other than Olivia. 

It does sound like a mess.  Olivia claimed she had a no assholes on set rule and fired Elijah because of his behavior.   Just today, Elijah contacted Variety to dispute it and provided texts emails and there's even a video of her begging him to stay.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/shia-labeouf-denies-fired-olivia-wilde-dont-worry-darling-1235350529/

Video:

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/visiblereceipts/693666817384824832?source=share

There's not only a history of abuse with him but also instances of him being all "method" and crossing boundaries/intimidating actresses on set.  Florence was likely not comfortable with it since Olivia says, in the video, that she's going to try to get Florence to work with them to find a solution.

So she first tried to coddle the asshole and when he didn't come back, tried to make it a PR win because of how high profile his abusive behavior had gotten.

But I bet Florence knows the truth.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Earlier this month, we discovered a new guy to hate: Patrick Carney, the Black Keys drummer who allegedly cheated on Michelle Branch while she was home with their six-month-old baby. Branch made the accusation in a since-deleted Twitter post and filed for divorce the same day. According to Page Six, she was also arrested after admitting to police that she slapped Carney “in the facial area one to two times.” She was subsequently released on $1000 bail.

But now, the good news: The case against her has been dropped at the request of the state of Tennessee. 

An update

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/michelle-branch-triumphs-in-slap-case

• Like 2
9 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

I thought Mr Roddenberry's ashes were already flown into space! So does this mean that they divvied them up and saved the rest to join the other Trekkers as they got their rewards?

Also, the recently deceased Miss Nichols wasn't happy when Mr. Shatner publicly alluded to her having earlier had an affair with Mr. Roddenberry (but she didn't deny it had happened ). AFAIK, Miss Barrett (Mr. Roddenberry's eventual wife and widow) was civil to Miss Nichols on set but I wonder if she truly was looking forward to being shot up into space with her late husband-AND his one time evident premarital paramour.

3 hours ago, Blergh said:

I thought Mr Roddenberry's ashes were already flown into space! So does this mean that they divvied them up and saved the rest to join the other Trekkers as they got their rewards?

Yes. Roddenberry's ashes (as well as Barrett-Roddenberry and Doohan's) were "divvied up" and flown to space previously. Per the Vanity Fair article:

For Gene and Majel, this is not their initial trip to the stars for their remains. The first was when NASA astronaut Jim Weatherbee took some of the television creator’s ashes up in Space Shuttle Columbia in 1992. In 1997, some of his remains were loaded into a Pegasus-XL rocket in the Canary Islands, from which ashes were launched from the rocket; they orbited Earth for five years before reentering the atmosphere. Through Celestis, both Gene and Majel had some of their remains sent up two more times. In 2013, their ashes were joined by those of James Doohan, and also a strand of hair from author Arthur C. Clarke. 

In 2020 it was revealed that Doohan’s ashes had been smuggled aboard the International Space Station in 2008, by millionaire video game creator/space tourist Richard Garriott. “My dad had three passions: space, science and trains. He always wanted to go into space,” Doohan’s son Chris Doohan said when spilling the secret. 

I don't know if they wished one day to join their former co-workers where no one has gone before or if it's simply something that brings their families comfort. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Dani said:

Yeah. The language she is using is way over the top. Her framing it as hurtful to the kids is ridiculous. 

Especially as she says this in an interview where she then proceeds to throw a bunch of passive aggressive swipes at their father. So her being publicly served was oh so damaging to an 8 and 5 year old that I'm willing to bet probably has no real awareness of that incident. I mean if you just see a picture of Olivia being served, it just looks like a picture of her holding an envelope. 

The thing about Olivia Wilde is this isn't the first time she's taken her digs at an ex, and in a situation where the details of if she cheated or not is murky. When she left her first husband and later got with Jason, she made some very insensitive comments about the ex-husband, talking about how her vagina died during the marriage. All while the ex, to my knowledge, never publicly spoke badly about her. 

22 hours ago, Dani said:

Well based on that new video released of her supposedly calling Shia, I'd say the picture is getting a lot clearer of why Florence may not be her biggest fan. The almost begging to Shia, who at that point, was already a very problematic person is bad enough but the "Miss Flo" line regarding Florence, was said with such condescension in the video. 

Some are trying to defend her by holding onto the fact that FKA Twigs' suit and accusations against Shia came later. Because that was always the belief many had as to why Shia was "let go" from the film (though as we know, he's now saying he walked and that video sort of suggests it). And at the time, many lauded her as this feminist icon for this. 

Except, even without FKA's accusations against Shia, there'd already been YEARS of reported problematic behavior from him, there was the controversial video between him and his ex Mia Goth where he threatened to kill her and there were many stories about how toxic and violent that relationship was.

Not to mention the stories of his just being an asshole in general and difficult to work with. So it's laughable that Olivia claimed this "no asshole on set" policy and cast Shia in the first place, let alone apparently was begging him not to quit the film. 

22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I really have no horse in this fight, but curious, how did he go on a pity me tour? I just remember one interview where he seemed to suggest that he was still upset about the split and also confused why it even happened at all. I'd hardly call that a tour. Much of what I saw and heard of Jason during that period was him just racking up awards for Ted Lasso. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:
On 8/26/2022 at 8:17 AM, Irlandesa said:

I really have no horse in this fight, but curious, how did he go on a pity me tour? I just remember one interview where he seemed to suggest that he was still upset about the split and also confused why it even happened at all. I'd hardly call that a tour. Much of what I saw and heard of Jason during that period was him just racking up awards for Ted Lasso. 

For months there were a bunch of articles from “sources” close to him the she cheated and he was heartbroken but had to “let” her go. All while he was dating a longtime friend. His camp was working hard to spin the narrative in his favor which always makes me extremely suspicious. I found the whole thing very distasteful. 

On 8/25/2022 at 3:13 PM, Cinnabon said:

It seems that only women feel they need to fix their eyebrows before being seen in public. How many 66-year old men think about that? So sad that we still think this  way. 

My ex-husband used to pluck his eyebrows daily.  He'd do it over the sink and never rinsed it out when he was done.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:24 PM, Cinnabon said:

And look at the ridicule she’s getting for it. When was the last time you saw comments about an older man’s eyebrows?

I've seen/heard plenty of comments about, for example, Sean Connery, Eugene Levy, Leonid Brezhnev, and Martin Scorsese's eyebrows.

10 hours ago, Blergh said:

I'm pretty sure NASA wouldn't waste space and weight on a honking big urn full of ashes.  More like a pinch of them in a baggy!

Edited by Leeds
Because payload doesn't mean what I've always thought it did.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Leeds said:

I've seen/heard plenty of comments about, for example, Sean Connery, Eugene Levy, Leonid Brezhnev, and Martin Scorsese's eyebrows.

Sure, but none felt shamed into changing their appearances to my knowledge. I bet Maria Shriver will. 

2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

That mentions a Page Six story that claimed Florence’s problem was with Olivia cheating with Styles that was published before the video showed what was probably the real issue. Which makes me wonder who is behind the cheating story. There is no reason for it be Pugh or Wilde. Sudeikis is the only I can think of who would have something to gain from that particular story. 

Maybe it contributed? Florence was in a relationship with Zach Braff who directed Ted Lasso episode in the first season, Zach was nominated too. It would be a very awkward set.

Edited by AstaCharles
  • Useful 2

In 2016, masked robbers broke into Kardashian's room at the Hôtel de Pourtalès during Paris Fashion Week, where they tied her up and duct-taped her mouth and eyes shut as they stole nearly $11 million of her jewelry at gunpoint.

[...] In an interview with Vice News released Saturday, Yunis Abbas, one of the 12 men arrested and charged in connection to the 2016 robbery, said even though he had "no doubt" that Kardashian would be traumatized in the incident, he didn't feel guilty about the heist.

"They should be a little less showy toward people who can't afford it," he said. "For some people, it's provocative."

Abbas told Vice News that before the heist he didn't know much about Kardashian but knew of her then-husband, Kanye West. He said he looked more into the reality star online to determine how rich she was and what valuable belongings she had.

"I saw one of her shows where she threw her diamond in the pool, in that episode of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,'" he said. "I thought: 'She's got a lot of money. This lady doesn't care at all.'"

He added: "Since she was throwing money away, I was there to collect it and that was that. Guilty? No, I don't care. I don't care."

Abbas told Vice they were able to escape after Kardashian's assistant at the time called the emergency line for the US instead of France.

Since the incident, Kardashian said she had changed her social-media habits, no longer posting photos in real time to protect her privacy.

"I might take a photo, save it, post it when I leave the place or when I'm in a different location, because I don't think that worked out for me so well when I was posting every last detail," Kardashian said in a 2017 interview on "The View." "I've learned from experience."

https://www.insider.com/kim-kardashians-paris-hotel-robber-celebs-should-be-less-showy-2022-8

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, AstaCharles said:

Maybe it contributed? Florence was in a relationship with Zach Braff who directed Ted Lasso episode in the first season, Zach was nominated too. It would be a very awkward set.

Possibly but the video shows that the issues started before Styles was even involved with the movie. It’s also rumored that there was a large pay discrepancy between Styles and Pugh that played a part. The set sounds like a nightmare for a lot of reasons.

My question isn’t really about if it played apart but who planted that story as the reason in Page Six. Who would want the story about Florence Pugh’s apparent issues with Olivia to focus back on Styles and Sudeikis? 

It could be Sudeikis. It could even be Wilde or WBD trying to deflect from a bigger issue. 

Can Warner Brothers Discovery make any movies that aren’t mired in controversy?

6 hours ago, Leeds said:

My ex-husband used to pluck his eyebrows daily.  He'd do it over the sink and never rinsed it out when he was done.

I'm pretty sure NASA wouldn't waste space and weight on a honking big urn full of ashes.  More like a pinch of them in a baggy!

My understanding is the rocket that took the ashes to space had tiny little containers, and there were twenty or so other remains on board.  It was the second space launch for Roddenberry's ashes.   The article I linked says some already went to space on a shuttle mission.   The third time that Mr. Roddenberry's ashes went to space, it's a one way trip, along with Majel Roddenberry, and Jimmy Doohan's ashes.  

https://www.celestis.com/blog/how-gene-roddenberry-s-ashes-were-launched-aboard-the-celestis-founders-flight/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dani said:

It could be Sudeikis. It could even be Munn or WBD trying to deflect from a bigger issue. 

Can't rule out Styles' people. He's a gravy train with the gossip articles and his die hard fans. 😉

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Dani said:

Possibly but the video shows that the issues started before Styles was even involved with the movie. It’s also rumored that there was a large pay discrepancy between Styles and Pugh that played a part. The set sounds like a nightmare for a lot of reasons.

There are a lot of rumors out there and it's hard to pinpoint which one is correct.  But it seems the disagreement here stemmed from the fact that Pugh was very careful around COVID and didn't want to break her bubble to rehearse.  (If people don't know, her boyfriend was also the best friend of one of the one of the higher profile COVID deaths and I believe his widow and their child was living with them at the time.)

And Elijah felt that showed a lack of commitment-or whatever- and left.  Normally, I'd just put that down to a different approach but this movie was cast very early on in the pandemic before we realized how long it'd last and I'd think empathy would be extended for extreme caution.

And Elijah has a bad on set history and a history of abuse.  The thing that irritates me the most about this is Elijah is on some sort of attempt of redemption by saying he's converting to Catholicism...etc.  Olivia's lies make him look truthful in comparison or a victim and I can absolutely see Hollywood try to write him a comeback story.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I absolutely hate the whole Shia LaBeater part of this DWD thing.  I really wish, wish, wish, Olivia hadn't tried to put a 'I'm all about protecting my people from his harmful process" spin on his exit and called it a firing if it wasn't true.  Shit like that bites you on the ass -- as we now see -- and it it has the unfortunate side effect of making it seem like Shia is somehow the one in the right and gives him a platform to start his redemption tour.  Ugh.  I am already nervous he will weasel out of paying any real consequences to what he's done to Twigs. 

I know you have to do press and sell your movie but the more I think of it, the more her entire interview just hit me wrong.

• Like 3
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I know you have to do press and sell your movie but the more I think of it, the more her entire interview just hit me wrong.

Yep.  There's also the fact that she's a woman and she'll probably end up paying an even bigger price for what is basically a silly lie than other directors who have done more harmful things.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I absolutely hate the whole Shia LaBeater part of this DWD thing.  I really wish, wish, wish, Olivia hadn't tried to put a 'I'm all about protecting my people from his harmful process" spin on his exit and called it a firing if it wasn't true.  Shit like that bites you on the ass -- as we now see -- and it it has the unfortunate side effect of making it seem like Shia is somehow the one in the right and gives him a platform to start his redemption tour.  Ugh.  I am already nervous he will weasel out of paying any real consequences to what he's done to Twigs. 

Fortunately, most of what I have seen has been people critical of Wilde for telling a lie that should have been the truth. With sympathy firmly going to Pugh for having to put up with both of them. I’m sure some people see it as vindication for Shia but those are people who were always going to excuse what he did. 

I do wonder if Hollywood will try to redeem him. When he was cast in Don’t Worry Darling it was part of his original redemption tour after his addiction issues and erratic behavior. At this point he has spent more years of his career mired in controversy than not. And he was never that big of a mainstream star to begin with. He had his Disney show and Transformers which were successful because of the IPs more than him. Indiana Jones 4 was supposed to be a launching pad but most just found him annoying in the role. 

6 minutes ago, Dani said:

I do wonder if Hollywood will try to redeem him. When he was cast in Don’t Worry Darling it was part of his original redemption tour after his addiction issues and erratic behavior. At this point he has spent more years of his career mired in controversy than not. And he was never that big of a mainstream star to begin with. He had his Disney show and Transformers which were successful because of the IPs more than him. Indiana Jones 4 was supposed to be a launching pad but most just found him annoying in the role. 

I get that he will try for redemption, that's pretty normal and I don't blame him for trying, but I am not sure the collective known as Hollywood really cares that much about him. Like you say, most of his "success" has been more about being in the right IP at the right time and less about any real star power he has. 

I would be very happy to never ever see or hear from him again but I am mildly impressed with him for saving that video while I find Olivia to be a massive idiot for making it. My main issue with her is more that she didn't fire Shia and actively tried to bring him back even though it is clear something about it was making Florence uncomfortable, way to support your actors there Liv. Her then lying about it knowing she was stupid enough to put on video that she wanted him to return makes her look like a moron.

Now, that said, abuser does trump moron and the only one coming out of this looking at all decent is Florence who seems to just want to have nothing to do with any of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t care for any of these people really.  I was curious as to what all the talk was about.  I found this helpful.  

I’m not familiar with them so I could be wrong  but that has the hallmarks of an incel channel. Unflattering pictures of a woman with a completely pleasant one of a man even though the man is a known abuser. An all caps, dramatic title with exclamation points. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I get that he will try for redemption, that's pretty normal and I don't blame him for trying, but I am not sure the collective known as Hollywood really cares that much about him. Like you say, most of his "success" has been more about being in the right IP at the right time and less about any real star power he has. 

Big studio Hollywood might not care about him but I think Indie Hollywood loves his talent.  They're the people who kept hiring him through his issues and I do think there are small budget indie makers who will buy his BS and hire him.  All it takes is for one of those roles to be very well received for big budget Hollywood to come calling. 

I say this because the podcast he was recently on is hosted by Jon Bernthal. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I found this helpful.

It does have a lot of information but it does what I feared it'd do.  The guy claims he's not going to go into the abuse allegations against Elijah but half way through he feels the need to connect Olivia to Harvey Weinstein? I had to stop watching there. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Makai said:

I’m not familiar with them so I could be wrong  but that has the hallmarks of an incel channel. Unflattering pictures of a woman with a completely pleasant one of a man even though the man is a known abuser. An all caps, dramatic title with exclamation points. 

Oh yes, YouTube “opinion” channels - the land of rampant misogyny, racism, deep fake and doctored images and videos made to promote whatever negative narrative they’re trying to sell.The land where hate has become VERY profitable for anyone with a camera and a lot of free time on their hands. 

21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The guy claims he's not going to go into the abuse allegations against Elijah but half way through he feels the need to connect Olivia to Harvey Weinstein?

Can I ask why you keep referring to Shia as Elijah? I noticed it in all your posts about the topic. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10