Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why hasn't the people running the DCC website fixed Madeline and Gina's cameo photos? I'm pretty sure these photos are their most recent cameo photos and should be the first photo we see of them on the our team section and on their bios. Madeline's current cameo photo is on the gallery section of her bio, but Gina's photo is nowhere to be seen. If it wasn't for her posting it on her IG, we wouldn't have even seen it.

893887486_instagramphotodownload.com_Gina_Maria(1).thumb.jpg.74c8a85b245f3750d28b676b5429a6d8.jpg

Holy Face Filters/Photoshop! Step away from the filters, Gina! You don't need them! (And I hope she did all this filtering and not whoever is in charge of the DCC cameos.) Her face doesn't even look like it's a real photo -- and the eyes 😨.

And those shorts look awfully tiny, bordering on bikini tiny (Madeline's look short, but not as short) -- I hope it's the filter or the pose making them look that tiny!

Oh, and that right sleeve is atrocious -- the wind catches that & she could blow away!

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, blueskye said:

this is an unpopular opinion i've been needing to get off my chest - alora rose is actually really pretty.

Not only do I think she's pretty, I think her looks are the main reason she made the team. That and having been a Rockette, of course.

8 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:
8 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'm not familiar with the Broncos Cheerleaders, I just went to look up what their uniforms look like and... yikes!  Those are hideous!  But good for Lily for wanting to get onto another NFL team.

Welp....I guess I'm the only one that likes their uniforms lol.

From comments I've read here, I always thought I was the only one who doesn't like them LOL!

16 hours ago, klh25 said:

My mom is class of 69...she told me stories of pinning her skirt up on the bus and ironing her hair straight with an actual iron.  lol

When I was a kid my mother used to iron my hair! I wanted to look like Cher...hard to do when you look more like Janis Joplin 🙂 

• Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 11:05 AM, Jennv said:

Class of 91 and it always surprises me when girls in camp say they have never done a jump split. We did them on high school drill team  and trust me, I could never  be a dcc. I guess i figure if I could do them than anyone can do them

Ha, same. Our dance team did them because one day someone said, "Hey, let's try doing this." A bunch of people tried it and that was the extent of our training, so I'm always bewildered by girls who audition for DCC and have never tried it before.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

When I was a kid my mother used to iron my hair! I wanted to look like Cher...hard to do when you look more like Janis Joplin 🙂 

Awwww, I love that you aspired to look like someone as unique as Cher. I find it sad that so many girls today just want to look like every other facetuned multi-filtered overcontoured generic girl on YouTube/Instagram.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awwww, I love that you aspired to look like someone as unique as Cher. I find it sad that so many girls today just want to look like every other facetuned multi-filtered overcontoured generic girl on YouTube/Instagram.

LOL I loved it way she'd flip her hair on the Sonny & Cher show 😹

8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Oh, and that right sleeve is atrocious -- the wind catches that & she could blow away!

Yeah, did they get bigger? I don't remember them looking THAT poofy.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Lily was spotted at a Denver Broncos Cheerleading prep class!  I'm from Denver so this makes me happy - but the cheer uniforms do not make me happy, they are hideous.  Anyway - glad she is dancing and moving on.

I would love that for her. My only hope is that she feel appreciated for what she brings to the team. Yes, those uniforms are hideous. Chaps (shudder). 

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

How many have heard of the Ultra Angels though?  May have been easier to put what she did.

I know someone on FB saw her during the virtual class.  Probably others did as well.

Everyone has heard of DCC. However, being an Ultra Angel looks like a lot more fun (I am basing this off of Alora Rose's Instagram). I think she is really talented and has grit from her time in New York. I am skeptical of the Alora Rose-keeps-messing-up story line. I wonder if it was cultivated by Kelli / show producers to make DCC look even more competitive - sort of "Being a DCC is so hard, even a former Rockette can't keep up." This may be why we saw so many of Sydney's mistakes - "DCC is hard even for other Prowl Bowl cheerleaders."   

47 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL I loved it way she'd flip her hair on the Sonny & Cher show 😹

Yeah, did they get bigger? I don't remember them looking THAT poofy.

No one hates the sleeves like I do. They are dated and the material looks cheap. You could update the sleeves and not change the rest of the uniform. "Iconic" does not mean that it never gets revised.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, klh25 said:

My mom is class of 69...she told me stories of pinning her skirt up on the bus and ironing her hair straight with an actual iron.  lol

I have a wedge shaped scar on my left forearm from ironing my sister's hair in 1968...

• Love 4
19 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Welp....I guess I'm the only one that likes their uniforms lol.

Haha!  I don't love it, but they aren't that bad.  I mean I certainly like their sleeves better than the current DCC sleeve which gets poofier every year.  The little skirt is pretty hideous, but compared to the DCC diapers I am not sure we have a clear winner.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2021 at 2:33 AM, BlueSilver said:

Hi!!! So you were probably laughing as hard as I was when Kelli and Judy tried to pronounce Puyallup in the first episode.

The scene with K&J asking Dani how to pronounce Puyallup was epic. It was a great intro for Dani and she really shined! From that scene on, I am a on #TeamDani! 

64F6B0A9-A595-474B-A502-DE300A979D24.jpeg.b2ed049599814966271ba61d3e53354d.jpeg

Glamour is her middle name.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

The scene with K&J asking Dani how to pronounce Puyallup was epic. It was a great intro for Dani and she really shined! From that scene on, I am a on #TeamDani! 

64F6B0A9-A595-474B-A502-DE300A979D24.jpeg.b2ed049599814966271ba61d3e53354d.jpeg

Glamour is her middle name.

Wow she’s so pretty! 😂

Entertaining dancer and also seems to have a fun personality. 

#TeamDani here as well! 

• Love 3
On 2/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, blueskye said:

gonna start off with the obligatory long time lurker, first time poster.

2. my favorite rookies this year are claire w, dani, elli, and armani. am i the only person that completely forgets about mckenzie? she's just not memorable at all to me (i saw someone upthread or possibly in the 2020 tc thread talking about how they forget amber, mckenzie is my version of amber 😂😂). everyone here seems to love her, and she's just meh to me.

3. my favorite vets are amanda, kelcey, kat (yes, THAT kat), both rachels, and amber.

5. this is an unpopular opinion i've been needing to get off my chest - alora rose is actually really pretty. people here seem to hate her headshot and cameo, but i actually think they're pretty. should she have made the team? no. but she does seem to photograph well from what i've seen.

Glad you're here!!

2. Current favs are: Kelcey, Lexie, Rachel W (I know I hate that I like her), Rachel A, and Briana

3: This is a strong rookie class! Also loved the comparison between McKenzie and Amber: both seem like really technical dancers who just aren't promoted as much by the DCC organization. Although, I feel like many other DCC take her fitness classes so seems like she's a locker room fav even if she isn't as well-known by the fans

5. I think Alora Rose is beautiful. Sometimes her eyebrows look fluffy to me and I don't think they flatter/frame her face well. Also, I don't think her cameo reflects how pretty she actually is. In her cameo her upper lip looks really thin, which gives her a bunnyish look overall. But most of her pictures are stunning

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Wanted to expand on 5.
10 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

3: This is a strong rookie class!

But I for one will always wonder how "strong" they would have really been had they had to go through a "regular" training camp.  I don't think TPTB really know whether or not they have the best team.  And if they think they do, there is no reason to ever go back to the regular training camp ritual.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, go4luca said:

My three least favorites this season are Marissa, Alora Rose and Tess.  I would not be sad to see all of them gone next season.

I think you'll get 2/3 of your wish. I could see Alora-Rose getting cut & I could see Tess retiring. Marissa...well...I'm sorry to say, @go4luca, I think she's here to stay 😹

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

But I for one will always wonder how "strong" they would have really been had they had to go through a "regular" training camp.  I don't think TPTB really know whether or not they have the best team.  And if they think they do, there is no reason to ever go back to the regular training camp ritual.

I think it should be settled that they don’t need to go back to the months-long training camp model. Now, they may want to, but they didn’t need it in the first place, and I don’t think they can justify “needing” it now. I don’t expect the 2 week structure to be the norm, but sending the rookies the routines in advance and cutting training camp by half (at least) seems like a no-brainer.

As to whether they picked the best team, I think that is always subjective, but I actually think this TC probably produced a stronger team than past years. A larger pool of talented women probably applied in the first place since it was virtual, on top of the industries in NYC, LA, Vegas, etc largely being closed. Now, in terms of cohesiveness and team building, I think the team probably was much weaker .

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Especially since they got the dances ahead of time, didn’t have to rush to get settled in Texas since lodging was provided, and learned dances from choreographers than Vets being expected to know them less than 12 hours before moving into the bubble. 

• Love 13
On 2/12/2021 at 11:42 PM, hannahbanana said:

Holy Face Filters/Photoshop! Step away from the filters, Gina! You don't need them! (And I hope she did all this filtering and not whoever is in charge of the DCC cameos.) Her face doesn't even look like it's a real photo -- and the eyes 😨.

And those shorts look awfully tiny, bordering on bikini tiny (Madeline's look short, but not as short) -- I hope it's the filter or the pose making them look that tiny!

You beat me to it, I was thinking if I didn't see her name, I wouldn't know that was Gina! She really needs to stop with the filters before she starts thinking she needs to look like that in real life & gets all kinds of unnecessary plastic surgery clearly she has insecurities & trying to be perfect isn't doing her any favors, its really depressing...

• Love 5
9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

4 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

Especially since they got the dances ahead of time, didn’t have to rush to get settled in Texas since lodging was provided, and learned dances from choreographers than Vets being expected to know them less than 12 hours before moving into the bubble. 

Both of these comments are fair critiques. I guess I wasn't so much commenting on their strength as dancers (I know, I know this is a dance team), as much as I was talking about their likeability as people. Especially compared to S14, I feel like I'm much more invested in this rookie class

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I guess I don’t see why the first 2 things things would’ve resulted in the team being weaker. While they didn’t have the stress of finding a place to live, IIRC, the rookies were basically in limbo, while it was determined when or if training camp would occur, and 2020 was objectively one of the worst and most stressful years in many of our lives.

Specifically with getting the routines in advance, as we saw with the rookies, it was still clear that some girls couldn’t learn and retain choreography at the level that was needed, even after they got the dances ahead of time. To me, that provided K&J a far more more accurate view of the girls’ abilities than a typical training camp where they’re learning and performing dances on the spot because it’s much closer to what the DCCs actually do throughout the year.

I do think that the vets were at a disadvantage with the guest choreography, but in a regular year, I don’t think Meredith and Lily even make it to training camp. I think both would’ve been cut at finals. I disagreed with Hannah and Brennan’s cuts, so I don’t really understand those decisions in the first place lol.

• Love 6
On 2/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, TB12 said:

You beat me to it, I was thinking if I didn't see her name, I wouldn't know that was Gina! She really needs to stop with the filters before she starts thinking she needs to look like that in real life & gets all kinds of unnecessary plastic surgery clearly she has insecurities & trying to be perfect isn't doing her any favors, its really depressing...

This keeps happening with Gina, which is troubling. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KatieLen said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeN2CMLK/

Anyone know why Maddie got surgery?! I wonder how this will affect her returning (if she's coming back)

Not sure if this is at all related, but I remember she was shown as having problems with her knee at the end of TC 2019 on MTT, maybe it's a recurring injury? I don't keep up with the girls' SM so if it's a recent injury I wouldn't know.

Frankly, I think she should retire after this year, purely because it's not going to get much better for her. She's group 1 leader, she kinda got demoted as far as which part of point she danced in the promo video, she's been on SG for five years, there's not a whole lot she's missing aside from PBC, and quite frankly I don't think she has the eloquence to be picked for that. Also, there's a decent chance the cheerleaders will be back on the field doing their normal kickline and jumpsplit next year, and trying to do that six months after surgery could be really dangerous.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Not sure if this is at all related, but I remember she was shown as having problems with her knee at the end of TC 2019 on MTT, maybe it's a recurring injury? I don't keep up with the girls' SM so if it's a recent injury I wouldn't know.

Frankly, I think she should retire after this year, purely because it's not going to get much better for her. She's group 1 leader, she kinda got demoted as far as which part of point she danced in the promo video, she's been on SG for five years, there's not a whole lot she's missing aside from PBC, and quite frankly I don't think she has the eloquence to be picked for that. Also, there's a decent chance the cheerleaders will be back on the field doing their normal kickline and jumpsplit next year, and trying to do that six months after surgery could be really dangerous.

I agree. She has had an amazing run as a DCC but 5 years seems like the right time to retire. Go travel or back to school or to a job that pays a real salary and benefits. Or just be young and drink alcohol in public like a normal young adult. Don't give the Cowboys your entire 20s.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 2/13/2021 at 3:44 PM, Opine said:

Haha!  I don't love it, but they aren't that bad.  I mean I certainly like their sleeves better than the current DCC sleeve which gets poofier every year.  The little skirt is pretty hideous, but compared to the DCC diapers I am not sure we have a clear winner.

Right? Aren't they totally diapers?! I always think that. And I really don't like when girls wear white "booty shorts" for their costumes because they absolutely look like granny panties. 

ETA: TBTB will probably think this means to make them smaller, but I think that's actually the problem. When the girls' legs are apart at all, the leg of the shorts disappears and from the front they become big old men's briefs. Maybe a different color would help?

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 7
On 2/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, perrie97 said:

I can’t stand their uniforms haha!

just googled them...yikes. personally, im not a fan of the color orange so maybe thats why i dont like them, but that skirt...😬. theres a version i saw with chaps and i think the chaps are almost worse.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Right? Aren't they totally diapers?! I always think that. And I really don't like when girls wear white "booty shorts" for their costumes because they absolutely look like granny panties. 

ETA: TBTB will probably think this means to make them smaller, but I think that's actually the problem. When the girls' legs are apart at all, the leg of the shorts disappears and from the front they become big old men's briefs. Maybe a different color would help?

Maybe it's the material? The shorts creases a lot and it doesn't really move with the body like their training outfits do so it gives that diaper look. 

• Love 2

The skirt outfit is ok...when dealing with blue & orange I think they've done a good job...the chaps are just tacky, IMO...The Packers cheerleaders look like a high school team...SF Gold Rush is ok, not what I would expect from a San Francisco team...they should be a bit more sophisticated.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

The skirt outfit is ok...when dealing with blue & orange I think they've done a good job...the chaps are just tacky, IMO...The Packers cheerleaders look like a high school team...SF Gold Rush is ok, not what I would expect from a San Francisco team...they should be a bit more sophisticated.

The Packers actually use the University of Wisconsin cheerleaders, so it's not a professional team. (NGL I looked into it because I'm moving to WI in a few months and was considering trying out...sad face)

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

The Packers actually use the University of Wisconsin cheerleaders, so it's not a professional team. (NGL I looked into it because I'm moving to WI in a few months and was considering trying out...sad face)

They haven't had pro cheerleaders since 1986. They use cheerleaders from 2 colleges;  UW-Green Bay and St. Nobert's college.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, blueskye said:

just googled them...yikes. personally, im not a fan of the color orange so maybe thats why i dont like them, but that skirt...😬. theres a version i saw with chaps and i think the chaps are almost worse.

Those uniforms are hideous. But Lily can make it look cute. Go Lilly!

• Love 4

Hi this is my first time posting. I'm from Japan. 

My favorite current DCCs are 

Personality: Briana, Chandi

Dance: Amanda

Also Marissa isn't my favorite but her hair is. I just really like her hair. I know the DCC loves long hair so they can flip it during the dance but I really think short hair like hers and Amy, Rachel A are very spunky and cute. (I didn't like Christina's strait hair though). I liked Armani's hair too. I want more short haired girls.

• Love 21
On 1/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, DCCOracle said:

Since all of the pages are now up, here's a list of links for quick access:

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/alanna
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/alora-rose
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/amanda
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/amber
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/armani
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/ashlee
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/briana
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/caroline
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/chandi
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/cici
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/claire
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/dani
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/daphne
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/darian
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/elli
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/erin
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/gina
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/jada
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/jalyn
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/jessica
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/kat
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/kelcey
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/kristin
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/lexie
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/lisa
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/maddie
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/madeline
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/marissa
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/mckenzie
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/rachel
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/rachel-w
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/savannah
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/sydney
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/taylor
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/tess
https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/victoria

Maybe I have a different taste of beauty as to whoever chooses the calendar pictures, but I don't like any of Briana's (one of my favorite) swimsuit photos. https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/briana

I really like her look when she isn't looking at the camera or dancing, but I don't find her face that attractive when she looks at the camera. 

For comparison I really like this picture of her in her uniform but I don't like the picture of her in the swimsuit. I consider her to be telegenic but not photogenic.

image.png.f15973bc0d5267a3e9e83dd0704f6d51.pngimage.png.9eda1bc0ccc5f787e6e0c158beeaf981.png

Edited by Kamal
place of photo was weird
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

The opposite to Briana is Tess. She was never my favorite but you will be amazed to see her swimsuit pictures. (or maybe it's just my taste. Please tell me if you think otherwise) https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/tess

She looks like a goddess in her swimsuit pictures. She's much prettier posing for the camera than when she is dancing.

image.png.434267d33d675468318cf8e1f6cae55c.pngimage.png.b4ef32ff50be88ec5ada66f6cded2a57.png

The pictures of Tess are gorgeous but the editing of her face is so visible 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

The opposite to Briana is Tess. She was never my favorite but you will be amazed to see her swimsuit pictures. (or maybe it's just my taste. Please tell me if you think otherwise) https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/our-team/tess

She looks like a goddess in her swimsuit pictures. She's much prettier posing for the camera than when she is dancing.

image.png.434267d33d675468318cf8e1f6cae55c.pngimage.png.b4ef32ff50be88ec5ada66f6cded2a57.png

Totally agree - don't like her dance, don't like her in uniform, don't like her body in uniform, detest her hair in uniform.  Maybe the girl is a born beach baby because she is awesome in these pics.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

This is so interesting to me!!

Do the cheerleaders get paid? Do they have the same 12-hour gamedays that professional cheerleaders have?

My understanding is that most college cheerleaders are not compensated for games or appearances but that the school is paid. Instead, cheerleaders are usually reimbursed with athletic gear or other perks for making the team. 

(Sorry I know these questions would be more appropriate for the small talk thread, but it seemed kind of frivolous to post there when people over there are discussing power outages)

• Useful 1
On 2/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, MrsEVH said:

They haven't had pro cheerleaders since 1986. They use cheerleaders from 2 colleges;  UW-Green Bay and St. Nobert's college.

The Packers have never had their own cheerleaders. The Bears are the team that dropped theirs after the 1986 season and haven't come close to a Super Bowl since. Since the Packers are owned by the city instead of a person they prefer to use college cheerleaders as part of community outreach.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

So, on the shade and sun group someone noticed that Kashara and Kelli aren't following eachother on Instagram AND Kashara doesn't follow the DCC page? Does anyone know what this is about? 😮🤔

Edited by KellyKapowski
left out something
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

So, on the shade and sun group someone noticed that Kashara and Kelli aren't following each other on Instagram AND Kashara doesn't follow the DCC page? Does anyone know what this is about? 😮🤔

It's being discussed in the former DCC thread.  But just speculation at this point.

• Love 1